I'm down to a whisper
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... ader-1.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Only one please. Set at the Quartz Shoreline. 300+

Overhead the sky was overcast and dreary, but that hadn't stopped the Marino woman from making the trek here. Things had been so busy she had missed coming here on the anniversary, but better late then never. She wasn't sure why she had felt the urge so strongly to return to these sands, but it had been impossible to ignore. She had traveled mostly the same trek that she had walked when she had limped the coast looking for a new pack. Of course it hadn't been exactly the same. There was that new pack on the Shattered Coast and Phoenix Valley she had had to walk around, but it was close enough. The way had seemed so much longer then, with her sprained leg and how unfamiliar the lands were.

Emerald eyes stared out into the crashing waves of the Atlantic. Those same waves that had deposited her on this very shore a little over a year ago. One whole year. It seemed so impossible and yet so probable in her mind all at the same time. So much had changed and transpired in that one year. She had found a new home. A home that actually felt like home. She had gained so many friends. She had been reunited with her brother. She had become one of the leaders of her pack. She had a wonderful man as a mate. She even had three beautiful children. The hand that fate had dealt her was more than she had ever hoped for.

The sand beneath her paws was wet from the off and on rain the lands had been getting, but that sand would always feel good. Savina took a deep breath, taking in that comforting sea air. As she expelled that breath two words were whispered to the ocean. "Thank you."

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... otable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
They're opposites. Now Naniko has the hurt foot and Savina is the one who finds her ^^

She had been investigating the new pack for a while, now, watching for signs of Haven. She didn't want him to think that she was worried about him even though she definitely was...she wanted him to be able to live his own life and not feel like he was being stalked by an overprotective mother. Had his little white coyote friend found him yet? Was he happy? She felt like she needed to know these things...but at the same time she wanted to give him the space that he obviously needed. Her conversation with Brooklyn about their family had made her afraid, a bit, afraid that now that her children had left they might not come back. Even for visits. Would they forget all about their mother?

That had led her to the ocean. It was so hot and humid outside, rain having fallen earlier that day. The clouds still hung low and dark in the sky overhead as she entered the water, wanting to cool down. Naniko had walked in the shallow areas for a while, the colder waters working wonders on her sore feet. She could feel the shells and rocks beneath her two feet as she went, but as long as she walked carefully they didn't bother her too much.

A sharp pain in her foot made her wince, and she looked down into the clear waters. Had she stepped in a shell or something? The commander could see a shape flitting away beneath the water's surface, a round shape with a long tail sticking out of its rear end. What sort of animal was that? Had she stepped on it? The saltwater was starting to burn her foot and she stepped out of the ocean and up onto the beach. She didn't have anything with her this day, just the shirt that she had been wearing, so she took it up and bound it around the cut to try and make it stop bleeding.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... ader-1.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Lol yeah! XD 300+

Her surname, Marino, meant "of the sea" in Italian. Until she had come her she had not appreciated the meaning as much as she did now. Of course she had always felt that draw towards the ocean. The sounds of the waves and the fresh sea air had always been a comfort to her. But she thought of the ocean itself as a friend. Savina knew that she could have very well drowned that night the boat she had stowed away on broke apart. Yet she hadn't. The waters had delivered her here. Here where her new life had began. Not only that, but the sea had also returned her brother to her. Taken him to these very same lands. She owed a lot to the ocean and it was to the ocean she would return when her time on this earth were at an end.

But her reveries were soon interrupted by a familiar scent carried on that salty air. Emerald eyes turned to take in the pale form of her friend and leader. Though something wasn't right. She had something wrapped around her foot. Dark brows knit together as she trotted over towards her friend. "Naniko!" she called out, alerting the woman to her presence. The Lt. General hadn't expected to see anyone out here, especially not one of her packmates. She wondered what had brought the snowy female to these distant shores. They were so far east of their home.

As she came closer the sharp scent of blood met her nose and she could see red stains on the cloth that Naniko held to her foot. Concern etched on her features she looked at her friend. "Nani what happened? Are you alright?" Thankfully whatever it was didn't look serious, but the Commander getting an injury so far from home wasn't exactly good. It also appeared that she didn't have any of her medical supplies on her. Oh no, this might not be good at all.

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... otable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

"I think I read something about this once...I think it was a sting-ray. An animal with an oval shape and a long stinging tail. When I stepped on it it felt really squishy...I read that they were slimy feeling, too. Sounds like one." She grit her teeth together, shaking her head. It was starting to hurt more and more now that she was out of the water, despite the fabric wrapped around it. "Uh...I think it said something about hot water. Can we get some hot water going?" They were poisonous, those animals, and the injury would probably get worse before it got better.

What could they hold it in, though? The water? She looked around. There were some shells on the beach, some really large ones. Maybe in those. "Not boiling, but really hot. As hot as I can stand it. We could use one of those shells and fill it up with water" She went to her side, clutching her foot. Red-hot barbs of pain were going through it, intensifying with every beat of her heart. She was glad that Savina was here to help her--what would she do without her?

[/html]
[html]
It's weird going back and writing this after the blowout o.o 300+

Savina jaw instinctively clenched when Naniko said that she thought that she had just been stung by a stingray. The Italian didn't know much about the aquatic creatures, but she did know that getting stung by one wasn't a good thing. There was a sort of poison in their barbs. From their earliest visits to the beaches her mother had warned her about them as well as jellyfish. "Hot water? Yeah, I'll try, just a second..." The fey closed her eyes and forced her body to change shape into that bipedal form. Thank the gods this wasn't a year ago when she still didn't know how to initiate that transformation. Within a minute or two the change was complete and she focused back on Nani's suggestions for getting the hot water.

She nodded her head. "Okay." She got to her feet and first began looking for some dry driftwood that she could start on fire. The task would have been difficult on a good day, but considering how much it had been raining it was even worse. Almost frantically she checked the beach for anything that would catch a spark. Eventually she had gathered what she judged to be enough and then grabbed some rock, striking them together near the fuel. Savina wasn't very good at starting fires, it still went against much of her nature, but thankfully she remembered how Anu had started one that night they had been caught in the rain in the Trenches.

Soon enough there was a little fire going and she grabbed the largest shell she could find and filled it with saltwater. Then she set it in as close to the fire as she dared. After all she would need to reach in and get it once the water had heated up. "Tell me when you think it's hot enough, I'm not sure how long it should heat up..." Naniko was the healer, not her.

[/html]
[html]
Yeah, but it's kind of nice ^^

"When there are little tiny bubbles in it, it'll be hot enough. Then we can let it...oooohhh....cool for a moment before I put my foot in it. It hurts!" She closed her eyes. She could still remember the day that Savina had come to the mansion with her injured foot, swollen and infected. Naniko had tried to be the best doctor that she could and take care of her the best way she knew. She could see that Savina was working hard to help her, and offered a thankful smile.

"How have you been lately, Savina? With the puppies? Is everything going well?" She inquired, sitting back on the sand with her foot out in front of her. Her friend had taken such good care of her during her pregnancy and when the pups had been little.

[/html]
[html]
Yeah it is ^^

Tiny bubbles. Got it. Though at Naniko's exclamation of pain concerned eyes turned back to her friend. Savina offered a hand for her to squeeze. "Hold on Nani, it shouldn't take long." Seeing her in such pain was awful. Damn that stingray. She knew it really wasn't the animal's fault, it had only been trying to protect itself, but there was nothing else to blame really. Hopefully Nani was right and the hot water would do the trick. There was nothing else out here that Savina could think that would help. "Guess I'm repaying you for when you healed my leg, huh?" she said with a smile, trying to lighten the mood and distract the pale Commander from the pain.

"Me? Oh I've been fine, great really. The puppies are all doing good too. There was an incident on the borders not too long ago, a female named Tokyo Chance from Dahlia came onto our lands and hit Amata. I went and spoke to one of the leaders and informed them about what happened and told them that she is not welcome here. We'll have to keep an eye out for her though, who knows how well someone like that obeys orders." She trusted that Cwmfen would make clear the seriousness of the underfed female's offense, but could you ever trust someone who abused puppies to listen? "Nothing really to report aside from that. How about you Nani?"

[/html]
[html]
I love that table of yours. So cute. :]

"Why would she hit Amata?" She questioned, concerned. The pups didn't hurt anybody. They were so little! So how could a full grown adult injure one of them? She frowned at the thought of one of the pack's pups getting hurt by a Dahlian wolf. They had smelled a Dahlian scent when Salem had gotten hurt, too, a Dahlian member crossing over into their lands. Why was that?

"They need to teach their packmembers some respect." Her foot was pounding, making her even more cross. "Maybe they don't care what their members do, though. That would be weird. You'd think they would keep a check on what they were doing, so their pack didn't get into any trouble."

[/html]
[html]
Thankies! Big Grin

Savina shook her head. Perhaps her light daughter could be a little much for someone who wasn't the fondest of pups, but she had been out of her sight for a matter of mere moments. Nothing could have happened in that amount of time to constitute something like that. Though in her mind there was little that justified laying paws on a child. "A heinous bitch from what I can tell. Though when I showed up and knocked her over she lied through her teeth to turn things back in her favor." Gods help Tokyo Chance if Savina ever ran across her again. Hopefully the she wolf had learned her lesson and would give Crimson Dreams a very wide berth from now on.

"I know, they do. It doesn't make any sense to me. Cercelee doesn't seem like the type to not care, and the other leader I talked to either." So how was it that they kept having trouble with wolves from Dahlia. It was vexing, that was for sure. "I just hope we don't have to deal with something like this again." Her eyes went back to the shell and saw some bubbles appear in the water. "Ah! I think it's ready." Carefully she grabbed a hold on the side of the shell furthest from the flames and moved it near Nani's injured foot. "Okay, it's there when you're ready." And I hope it works.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... itbann.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She sometimes wondered what it was like to come from lands that were far away. Savina and Ehno had come here from Italy, a place she had never been and could only imagine. She wanted to know about what every place looked like. Every place outside of Souls. It was all that she had ever wanted to know before, these lands...but now she was beginning to realize that there was a whole entire world out there for exploring. But she had her pack here...and her friends. She would stay here.

Back when she had lived in Clouded Tears, she'd promised them that she would stay devoted to the pack until the very end. But the fires had come...and she'd made new loyalties. "That's horrible. Maybe we could bring it up at the next meeting...about keeping her out of here."She suggested. "We should have a talk with Cercelee, too, maybe. And tell her that we mean business. Their pack is big, but ours is strong...and we have many loyal members."

Maybe they ought to train their wolves in fighting...at least in defense. In case anything else happened. It was an idea. When the water was ready she looked down at it, waiting for it to bubble down a little bit. She put a finger in, then pulled it back out. Too hot still. After a few minutes she tested it again, finding it to be at the correct temperature, and put her foot inside. The throbbing intensified, and she gave a moan of discomfort, but the feeling soon began to ebb away a little bit. "I've heard that Phoenix Valley is having problems with Inferni now." She mentioned.

[/html]
[html]

Savina nodded her head. It would be a good idea to bring this all up at the next pack meeting. "I think that would be a good idea. That way everyone will know who she is and to make sure to keep an eye out for her." The last thing she wanted was for Tokyo to somehow infiltrate the lands again and cause more problems. Savina had had the strength to hold back her anger the first time, but she might not be so lucky if it happened again. She took the job of protecting their home very seriously. "That might be a good idea, though I'm sure Cercelee will understand. She doesn't want conflict between us anymore than we do. But she does need to keep a tighter leash on her members. Once is bad enough, but the fact that it's happened twice now..." It really was unacceptable.

She watched intently as her friend tested the water but still found it to be too hot. Absentmindedly Savina chewed her lip a little, a nervous habit she had picked up from Kansas. She really hoped that this would do the trick because she didn't know what else they could do to heal her so far from home. As Naniko eased her foot into the water and moaned the Italian's ears fell back. It must really hurt. But then the talk of Phoenix Valley distracted her. "Really? How so? Do you think there will be war again?" She hoped not. Even if it was a war that didn't involve Crimson Dreams it would effect them in some way or another. "I met their leader not too long ago. He was a bit of an odd one." Her meeting with the cyclops had been quite unconventional.

[/html]
[html]
Table by Jael
ooc:

"I don't know much...one of my birdies told me that they heard the leader there talking about Inferni and that he sounded angry. They can only pick up a few words...some beasts." She was glad to have her little spies, the small animals who sometimes offered her information in exchange for a healing or for healing one of their family members. She was gracious and never demanded that they go and get the information...she just got it from speaking with them while they were there with her.

"I've never met him. I probably will some day...I'm gonna go visit Geneva sometime, and maybe I'll see him then." She said. The pain was almost completely gone from her foot, and all she would need to do was bandage it up now and get on her way. "We could probably head back to the packlands now--my foot feels better. I'll clean it and wrap it up as soon as I get back home."

[/html]