These killing lights won't kill us all again
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He shouldn’t be here. Heath knew that for sure. But he had gotten along so well with the two leaders of the pack, he was sure that he could talk his way out of any conflict with a random pack member. The area was just far too intriguing. The scent for one thing was something Heath had never experienced before. He had seen many buildings; from cities to farms and he had been to a stable, but nothing like this. There were things living within these walls. Gold eyes looked out onto the sandy track, it was oval shaped and the male stood with a glazed look. His pictured the creatures running around the inner rim, fighting for their place among the winner’s circle. He had to shake his head to remove the image from his mind, unsure how it even got there. The lanky man walked closer to the smell, the life that inhabited the mainly dead buildings.

A soot hued paw reached for the loose door, ears turning at the sound of the ancient hinges. He took in the sight of the wide alleyway, wondering what it would lead him too. He walked down in slowly and quietly. He smelled him before anything, but the male heard the beast before he saw him. The long nose reached outward, over the barn door and out into the open air of the walkway. Dark eyes looked at him, piercing him and slowing him to a stop. Hesitating for only a moment Heath walked up to the horse with a calm stride. A bounce of the head, and high pitched call and Heath looked around wondering if anyone else had seen it do that. His dark paw led his arm outwards, letting him sniff him and examine his fingers. A smile stretched across his face. Oh, how he shouldn’t be here, he thought.

table by req
[/html]
[html]
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p292 ... stangs.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Haven was later in coming to the stables than he usually was. He had caught Siobhan and himself some breakfast and spent some time with her before setting out. Ever since he had found the old racetrack complex he had slowly been working on cleaning it up and making it more presentable. The stables themselves were coming along nicely, but weeding out the track itself was not something he was looking forward to. Eventually he would get himself around to it, but he would probably wait until the weather cooled down substantially before attempting that feat. The hybrid walked to one of the apple trees in the area and collected a few to bring to Drogon. A smile crossed his face. It was an apple that had brought the wolf and horse together in the first place.

The apples stashed away in his pack he had it slung over his shoulder as he finished the walk to the stables. He wasn't very far away when he heard Drogon emit a neigh. Surely the stallion didn't know he was here yet. Which only meant there was probably an intruder. Bi-colored ears fell back against his head and his pace quickened. If anyone dared harm that horse they would be sorry. Haven's eyes were hard jade as he threw open the door and saw a figure standing near Drogon's stall. A growl was about to erupt from his throat when recognition flashed in his mind. Slowly the hybrid shook his head and let the tension ease from his body. "Ignoring pack boundaries now, are we? Why am I not surprised?" He gave Heath a crooked grin as he walked to join the black gloved male and stallion.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
I think my mother gave me daytime medication…

Honey colored eyes looked at the large beast. And oddly he had the urge to speak to it. Maybe just a whisper, a greeting of some sort but it was stupid, and certainly embarrassing. The male reframed from letting any words slip, but he still couldn’t shake the urge. He had moved from just letting the horse examine his paw to touching the soft leather of its nose. He watched the ears on his head, reading the silent langue that they exchanged. Heath moved his own, mimicking the stallions. When they turned sharply, Heath was aware that they were no longer alone. He had no fear, knowing that he was doing nothing wrong, and he saw the other’s face before his voice reached his ears.

Holy god, Heath thought as he looked to the male that he had sought out too many times. That scars that were lashed across his body were evidence of his battles. Though maybe he had been a little arrogant, and impatient to speak to the orange male. Or maybe, and more likely, Heath just found it a good excuse to venture into slightly hostile territory. Now that he had found Haven, he wasn’t sure what to say to him. Hey, I cant help myself. he spoke jokingly, though it was the truth. The hybrid stepped back, letting the horse greet the man he was obviously familiar with.

He looked different, but Heath was sure he did as well. No longer with the Dreams pack? He couldn’t help it, having to vaguely mention the others that had given him a bruise or two.

table by req
[/html]
[html]
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p292 ... stangs.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

A lot of things had happened and changed since he had last seen the scrawny hybrid. He had just stared his month long wallow at that point. But now he was healing. He had a new pack, a new life, and new things to focus on. One such "task" (though he hardly considered it such) was his time with the mustang. Drogon had picked him, not the other way around. True, it might have only been because Haven had been holding an apple at the time, but the youth wanted to think that it was more than that. But even if there hadn't been before there was now. He had grown quite close to the equine and enjoyed their time together. There was a silent language spoken between them and a bond that was ever strengthening. As he reached that head reaching over the stall door he scratched the horse between his ears. Drogon snuffled against Haven's jacket and his teeth found the strap of his pack and pulled on it. "I'm already that predictable, huh?" The boy couldn't help but smile as he pulled an apple out for the stallion to eat.

Drogon munched contentedly on his treat and Haven turned his attention back to Heath. "Natural born rebel, is that it? Well, I suppose someone's gotta fill that position." For as long as he had know the older male, he had never been the type to conform to anything. That was probably one of the reasons he hadn't joined up with any of the packs or clans. The Knight's ears flicked at the question. "No," he said, a hint of sadness to his voice. "I needed to make my own way. I couldn't do that if I had stayed. Didn't make leaving any easier though." He knew Heath wouldn't understand, but it was the truth. "What have you been up to since I last saw you?" Haven had noted the new scrapes, but didn't worry. The loner was the type to get himself into scuffles.

[/html]
[html]

Heath was intrigued by the bond the two creatures had. It was odd, to think that one could be so wrapped up with another species so far from their own. Heath wouldn’t put it past another lupus to hunt and kill these creatures, though they were larger and heavier then the normal hoofed prey. Though not moose and large buck elk. But he smiled as he watched the horse sought out the fruit from Haven, his friend. It was an interesting concept, one that Heath didn’t think he would ever be close to conceiving. But he even laughed silently as the wolf spoke to him as if he was speaking to a pack member. Though it was stifled quickly.

He nodded at the male’s next words. What else is there for me? A toothy smile ended the speech, and he looked back at the stallion. Heath was far from a born rebel. An arrogant kid, yes. But he it was only a façade that he kept to shroud his weaker counterparts. It had been up so long that he didn’t know the different anymore. But he didn’t want to admit to all the things that made the statement true. Looking to Haven he listened closely, finally understanding why he couldn’t find him those few time he had gone looking for him. But it made sense. The kid had been so broken over the knowledge of his father that anything would have been an improvement.

I ended up finding my dad, he’s as much of a jackass as I predicted. Heath shrugged it off, letting one hand rest on the stable door and leaning into it. Came looking for you a few times, but I’ve been hanging around here too. He spoke in a casual tone. He’d rather keep the details of his short visits in Crimson Dreams in the dark, so he skirted around the topic. I’ve met a few wolves here, or dogs. Gold eyes looked at the green of the other male, feeling relaxed with the other male.

table by req
[/html]
[html]

Haven wasn't at all self conscious about talking to Drogon. Sure, some probably thought it was strange of him to talk to an animal that couldn't understand what he was saying, but to hell with them. Besides he had a feeling the mustang understood more than some would give him credit for. He was far from some dumb animal. Look at how he already knew that Haven brought him apples in his knapsack. No dumb animal at all. He caught Heath's soft and short laughter, but he had a feeling that hybrid wasn't actually laughing at him. Even if he had been, the kid would have paid it no mind. It didn't matter what others thought.

The Knight chuckled at Heath's reply, but his returned smile was soft. "You'd be surprised." For all of the gloved male's tough exterior, he knew there was more underneath. It was hard to see, especially if you didn't want to see past the cocky mask, but Haven had come to believe that it was indeed there. Heath wasn't nearly as bad as he wanted others to think he was and if only he could put down that act, then maybe he could find someplace that he belonged. Already the gears were turning in the Aatte's head and he knew that the scrawny hybrid would fit in here just fine. But that was something the other needed to discover for himself.

Though the smile was quickly wiped from his face and replaced by a more serious look. His father. For a moment those jade eyes darkened. "What did you do?" The last time they had met up they had talked about the subject of what each would do when and if they ever found the men who had sired him. He wondered what Heath had really done, though already it didn't sound like anyone had been killed, no matter how much they may have deserved it. "Looking for me?" Haven was honestly a little surprised at that. "Until recently all you would have had to do was to go back to that bar," he said with a hint of bitterness behind his voice. "Oh yeah? Who've you met? If it's Svara I apologize in advance." The crooked grin was back on his face.

[/html]
[html]

The horse looked at him, a sideways glance but a look nonetheless. Heath caught his eye, and for a moment he saw something in the beast that he had once been unable to see. Or had he ignored it. Haven certainly didn’t, not missing a since ounce of the energy that the horse projected. In an instant the connection was broken, but it was something Heath could have fought to find again or walk away and think over for a time. But words came to his ears, and he looked at the other male with a smile. I guess we’ll see. His future was nothing, but he didn’t want to have that floating between them. Haven was a great guy, and a friend if Heath ever had one.

At his question Heath lost the smile he wore, Nothing. He said with a hollow tone. But once he cleared his throat his mind thought more clearly and his voice regained its natural flavor. It’s not worth it, he can try to live with what he did. Sometimes he felt like a coward for not returning to fight him, but then at other times (thankfully most often) he felt indifferent. The type of male his sire had become, the façade, would have to live with the knowledge. Heath would rather forget he ever had a father.

Oh, I would have gone there too… cant remember where it was. Left a little drunk. Heath returned as he smiled once again with a laugh in his voice, wanting to erase the resentment Haven held towards the place. He laughed again, a soft chuckle as he listened to the male’s question. No need, she was quite pleasant. Though Heath could see what might have caused him to believe an apology was necessary. She was quite a character. Yeah, I also met Jacquez. He, you might want to apologize for… No, I think he’s... different but great. Eccentric, but great. Heath felt his mouth slowly close, and looked back to the stallion. But his smile didn’t change. After a brief moment he spoke again, And Ruri. The things he could say about her were not ones that he wanted to confess, that was if he could put them to words.

Not wanting to linger on the subject Heath looked to the horse and questioned, Whats his name?

table by req
[/html]
[html]

Haven chuckled. "Yes, I guess we will." If by some stroke of luck Heath actually ended up here it would be great. At least Haven thought so. Joining up with the interesting group had given him the purpose in life that he needed. He had something to focus on, something to make him feel worthwhile again. While he doubted his friend would ever admit it, Heath needed that. Anyone with their kind of background needed something like that. It was a bit of a surprise to hear that he had done nothing when he found his father, but almost a pleasant one. Sinking to their level wasn't the answer, he had come to that conclusion. "Yeah. Maybe living a good life and being better people than they are is the best revenge." That was what the pumpkin hued youth had come to believe. He would show the world that he was better than what he had come from. That his blood didn't dictate his life.

He gave a silent exhale at the joking comment about the bar. They had both been a little drunk when they had left to go hunting that night. Though of course Haven had been drawn back to the place like metal to a magnet. But it wouldn't do him any good to dwell on that, better that they move on to talking about his packmates. At hearing he had in fact met Svara he couldn't contain a hearty laugh. "Pleasant? Really? We talkin' about the same Svara?" Of course he was on better terms with the Constable now, but at first they had not gotten along. The Knight shrugged. "Yeah, Jac's interesting, but he's a really great guy. It can be hard to see at times, but he is. He cares about all of us and wouldn't let anything bad happen to us." Of that he was wholly and completely convinced. Haven thought he sensed something different in the way that Heath said Ruri's name and one eyebrow raised, but he didn't say anything. "Ruri's a sweetheart. She has a voice to match too. I've never heard anyone sing so beautifully."

The male smiled back at the stallion and once again patted his neck. "This is Drogon. At least that's what I call him, he doesn't seem to mind." The mustang snorted as if in agreement.

[/html]
[html]

His friend looked and spoke to him as if there was a secret that he knew and Heath didn’t. The black pawed male let his hand moved to his roughly chopped mane, wrangling it with his fingers, but no taming it as he hoped. If Haven held knowledge that he should know, some might think it would only be right to tell him even if it was a guess towards his future. But Heath could care less, what would happen next was so hazy that he would have laughed at anyone’s guess, even his own. Let the other male have his secrets, for Heath certainly had his own. I’m not looking to be a saint. The male laughed, knowing his intentions were far from saintly. But maybe co-existing is possible. A wide smile moved to his face, and Heath let his words move smoothly to the subject of Haven’s packmembers. Yeah, I don’t think you have two. Am I missing something? Heath paused, looking the male in the eye and joked, Maybe she liked me. he shrugged, and as he thought of it Heath realized how very much a joke it had been. He was far from interested in her feelings toward him.

He calls himself a King, so what does that make the rest of you? His words were not mocking, only curious. Jac could call himself anything he liked. He ruled this land and their ranks would be what he chose, Heath was only interested in them. And then Haven spoke of Ruri. He unknowingly nodded when he described her. His smile grew to something else, softer maybe. He didn’t know she sang, but he could remember the light tone, and her pleasant voice. Yes, the sightless fey was something else, something more. When he had met her she was so mournful, and let him bring her a happier outlook. No one had allowed him to do such a thing. He had always been either hurting or leaving someone more confused then when he arrived. She is, something else, a pathetic but thought out response. He didn’t know what else to say about her that would not steal his voice.

It was easy to turn back to the horse, an appreciated distraction. Drogon, a strong name. How did you find him?

table by req
[/html]
[html]

Haven couldn't help but laugh at Heath's statement that he didn't want to be a saint. No, the scrawny hybrid was most definitely not saint material. "Yeah, I can't really imagine that. I don't think I'd recognize you if you started trying to act all righteous," he said chuckling softly. "But co-existing is easier than I think you think it is." True, he might not exactly be the most social creature out there, but he wouldn't have been looking for him if he didn't enjoy his company either. He may have an easier time being a loner than some, but their species was a social one. They were drawn to live together. Eventually Heath would feel that pull, though whether it would be sooner or later was impossible to say.

The idea that Svara had been pleasant to anyone upon first meeting them was a little hard to believe, but perhaps Heath was more "her type" of person. "No, we don't have two, I don't think the world could handle two Svaras, much less one pack. She just can be...a bit of a chore sometimes." Haven had to stifle another laugh when Heath suggested that she liked him. "If she liked you, you'd know. Not exactly shy about her wants, that one." He was sure if Svara was interested in someone she would have no problem letting them know it.

"Us? We're his Royal Court. I'm the Majordomo and the Knight. Everyone has their own titles and duties to carry out. I'm mostly concerned with keeping everyone safe." He was also supposed to be a sort of ambassador, but he hadn't seen any need to carry out those duties yet. The youth wasn't sure if he would be welcome near Inferni since Siobhan had left there to be with him. His mothers ran Crimson Dreams. There was no thread of violence breaking out between Cour des Miracles and any other pack, not that he knew of anyway. Jade eyes saw that slight change in his smile when Haven spoke of Ruri. That intrigued him, though he still held back any questions. "Yeah, she's special." He had a soft spot for the blind girl, she had been there for him when he had needed it.

"He kind of found me actually. I was walking through the Shiloh Hills and came across a herd of them. I had an apple in my hand and while I was looking at the majority of them he came up behind me and started eating the apple. I brought him back and he's been here with me ever since."

[/html]
[html]

Him? Someone of humility and kindness? Heath didn’t want to think about it. He didn’t know what was planted so deeply within him, didn’t know that there was just a small piece of sainthood dwelling within. How could he? What in his past would allow such a thing to grow? That’ll be the day… When he thought that coexisting with his father would be easy, and a righteous Heath walked the planet.

Heath didn’t know why they had gotten along, she had been whiling to share her meal, and to the loner that was the more welcoming and pleasant gesture any beast could give. All the good ones are work. he spoke sarcastically and smiled, knowing very well that he was a chore as well. He looked at the male, his eyebrows slightly raised. When he relaxed Heath gave the male a brotherly nudge. She like you? He joked with a light playful tone, knowing that Haven was far from they sort of guy. He wondered if he was still after the same female he had been as a pup.

A Royal Court? The young man listened intently, suddenly serious and interested. That makes sense. He said as he looked at the bright hued male. He thought of it for a moment, and as Haven spoke of Ruri, Heath grew stoic, a question rising from his chest. He thought over how to ask it, if there is a King, is there a Queen? The words came and he couldn’t tell what had been laced between the syllables. They had been so close; maybe he had taken her as his Queen. And Heath moved forward without skipping a beat to the topic that saved him time and time again. No fear. That was very brave. Guess he doesn’t miss the rest of them. Heath shrugged with a small smile.

table by req
[/html]
[html]
Wow. I didn't realize the whole "coexisting" thing was talking about their dads. Erin fail. Oh well, just going to leave it XD

Haven wasn't exactly sure why he had said that. He didn't think he really believed it himself. After all, he hadn't seen hide nor hair of his own father anywhere and assumed the man had moved on to someplace else. Someplace where his crimes weren't known, no doubt. But he wasn't going to complain about that. If Conri Church was gone then good riddance. The world and everyone in it was better off without him. "Yeah..." It was all the boy could think to say. Forgetting would be the best for both of them, though Haven doubted he could ever truly forget it all.

The pumpkin hued male laughed at Heath's sarcastic comment. "Well, I suppose you would certainly think that, yes." Not that he necessarily disagreed, but it wasn't entirely true. Ruri was definitely a good one and she wasn't the chore that Svara was. Siobhan either. Svara wasn't bad, but she wasn't exactly "good" either. Though Haven almost choked when he was asked if Svara liked him. "Me? You serious? I'm so not her type. Nor is she mine for that matter. Besides, I'm not exactly available." He couldn't keep the smug little grin off his face as he spoke that last sentence. No, he was far from being single. He and Sio weren't mates yet, but that was definitely the direction they were going in.

Heath might not have been able to recognize what his voice betrayed, but Haven certainly did. Or he had a good idea. Well and well, was his friend softening up even more than he had thought? Was he actually letting a girl sneak her way into his heart? He still held his tongue on the matter, but let the news that would soothe the hybrid if he was right out. "No. Jac's not exactly the settling down type I don't think." And then they were back to the subject of the horse. "Guess not, though I don't think I'm all that intimidating," Haven joked. "Maybe he does, but not enough to go back. He's never tried to run away on me." Though that did make him think if anyone else in the pack would try to get horses. It would probably do Drogon good to have some company of his own kind.

[/html]
[html]

Didn’t they say that good things came with time? Heath wasn’t sure that he could believe that. Not everything that came with time were good, and sometimes no matter how long you waited those bad things wouldn’t turn into something worth having. It was time to forget it, time to let the past and his experiences fall away. Heath wished to forget.

The male couldn’t help but smile and laugh with Haven. The fact that they were so different, and still got along said something about both the males.
“All the good ones take a little time.” Heath laughed again, and he let the laughter slow and stop as Haven spoke once more. He hadn’t expected him to change, and in truth he didn’t want to male to. There was something to be said about someone so loyal. Heath didn’t see it in the same light as he once had. It was a little nobler then he had once considered it.
“Same girl?” Heath questioned with a smile. He wasn’t here to criticize as he once did, and his voice showed a new sort of sensitivity towards the subject.

He liked what he heard next, more then he wanted to admit.
“Oh. Well some think that there’s that special someone for everyone.” He let his words come with humor. Turning to the stallion Heath looked from him to the Knight and back. No, he wasn’t very intimidating, but neither was Heath. It was odd, but fit. Didn’t Knights have steeds that road them into battle?
“And you ride him?” The question just kept on coming…

table by req
[/html]
[html]

After the first time they had met all those months ago Haven wasn't sure if he and Heath would ever really be friends. The coyish hybrid was so different from him. He had seemed to only understand the darker parts of life while Haven had really only known the light. But it seemed, perhaps, that they had both rubbed off on one another. Haven had gained dark knowledge and Heath, it seemed, was coming around to see some of the light. Maybe they were good for each other that way. One could see what the other couldn't. "Heh, maybe. Maybe they do." The younger male was surprised that there were no teases or taunts thrown his way over still having feelings for the same girl. Heath even seemed, dare he say, pleased about it. "Yeah, same girl," he said with a warm smile. "She left Inferni and is living here now. We share a house down near the beach." It was like a dream.

Haven snickered at Heath's obviously sarcastic comment. "You could try telling that to Jac until the tides reversed and I don't think he'd be convinced." It was not a lifestyle that he agreed with, but as long as no one he cared about got hurt by it, he was willing to turn a blind eye to his King's womanizing ways. None of them were saints here and the collie wouldn't have been able to lead them if he were. At least most of them, Haven of course would have still followed. Drogon leaned forward again and took a hold of the collar of his jacket and pulled playfully. Haven laughed and pushed the stallion's nose. "You goober, you're gonna get it all slobbery!" He straightened the collar back out before responding. "I didn't at first, but once we got to know each other I started to train him. I can ride him now pretty well."

[/html]
[html]
yay! thanks for the wondrous thread!! XD

Even if Heath didn’t want to admit he needed anything, he certainly needed a friend. It could be the unconscious knowledge that made him no longer the on guard and arrogant wolf he had been in the past. But things had changed; he had grown in many ways. Some still needed to develop, but the young man was ready to let those parts of him flourish. They way he thought of Haven, and the female that he had always chased, was proof of the changes that he continuously went under. A grin did though come to his face when Haven spoke of sharing a house with the nameless fey. How she left her home to stay with him, how such things could move another to leave everything that they knew and start all over. The male spoke, uncharacteristically easily,
“I’m happy for you.”.

He laughed,
“Yeah, guess we should save our breath then.” He liked the thought of Jac not settling down, liked the thought that he was not with Ruri despite their closeness. He would keep the reassurance to himself, but then something else came to mind. He shoved it away, not wanting to even think about judging their relationship. He felt it wrong, judging her at any respect was wrong.

“Can we take’m to the track?” Heath asked, ready to see the beast outside of the stable. He was more interested in the species then he had once wanted to admit to himself. But he was ready to indulge in his curiosities

table by req
[/html]