by far, the ultimate star
[html]<style type="text/css">.tctemp b {color:#ef320c; font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;}</style>
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... ntable.png) bottom no-repeat #bfcfca; font:8pt Verdana; color:#678078; line-height:1.4em; padding:2.4em; padding-top:0.0em; padding-bottom:35.5em; text-align:justify;">[/html]
333 words! Big Grin.

Tokyo walked along quite happily, pleased by the day's plans. She had decided earlier that day that her shoulder had had quite enough time to heal, and consequently she had gnawed off her bandage. The skin below felt over-sensitive and her fur had been a bit sticky with something or another. A quick dip in the ocean and a good hour spent with a hairbrush left her feeling exhilarated, and pretty. As pretty as she had felt this morning, it seemed like such a disappointment to tug on her old green woolen dress. It was so.. plain! And she needed variety.

So, it was off to Wolfville. Tokyo preferred it to Berwick for the simple fact that it was coastal. And, there were tons of houses there. Surely one or another would contain suitably gorgeous clothes to adorn her beautiful, pristine frame properly. Princess had been at home, which was common, but not guaranteed with the way she wandered about, and so they went out together. The frequent rain had broken for this lovely morning, storm clouds still hovering but only threatening, not delivering. The houses sprang up on the horizon, and Tokyo picked up her pace a little in excitement, turning to grin at her daughter. When had she learned to shift, anyway? Regardless, it was awesome, and Princess was pretty while shifted, just like Tokyo and Ophelia before her. "Do you have any dresses other than the one you've got on?" Curious, for she really didn't know. "I really need a new one, this green thing is so tiresome."

They reached the edge of the city, and Tokyo idly scratched her head beneath her bright blonde curls. It gave her an idea - she should look for some bows or hair-thingies, too! She had read in her fairy tale books about putting things in hair, all the princesses did it. She tossed her critical ice blue gaze at her daughter's own locks, deciding that yes, a bow would look good on her, too.
[html]
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:409px; border:1px #258BA4 solid; font-size: 10px;">

ooc -

336 words.

ic -

When Tokyo had decided how they were going to spend the day, Princess had been absolutely elated when she had found out she was going to spend the day with her mother. They never seemed to spend any time together anymore, except when they were both at home, and it was never very exciting. Her mother had healed nicely, so Princess had shifted and tugged on her spotted dress, quickly trudging after her mother across Dahlia lands, and then further into the old human city. Her pace sped up to match her mother’s, and her petite face lit up with excitement as her mother spoke. It always made her happier to know that Tokyo was happy; otherwise, she would have been miserable, and admittedly, a little afraid. The woman had not seemed disappointed to learn that Princess could shift, and the girl secretly thanked Colibri. Her friend had been right, and she was glad that Tokyo seemed happy enough for her. But the situation was similar. Tokyo was not as excited about her daughter’s newfound ability to shift as Princess was, either.

“I’ve only got this one. . . Do you think we’ll find anything good out there?” Her tone was light and cheery, and she chose not to bring up her mother’s dress, despite her mother‘s comment about it. Princess thought it was pretty (but not as pretty as her own spotted dress), but she did not want to risk her mother being offended by such a thing, which was a fairly real situation. The prospect of finding something new to wear was very exciting, and Princess trusted her mother to help her pick out some really pretty things. Her mother would probably keep the prettiest things for herself, but Tokyo had never been one to want her daughter to wear ugly clothes, right? The girl knew that Tokyo favored her, and took pride in her, in some strange way, so she was confident that she would get some pretty clothes out of this trip.

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.tctemp b {color:#ef320c; font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;}</style>
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... ntable.png) bottom no-repeat #bfcfca; font:8pt Verdana; color:#678078; line-height:1.4em; padding:2.4em; padding-top:0.0em; padding-bottom:35.5em; text-align:justify;">[/html]
260 words, sorry for shorttt. I think they should find school-girl uniforms (you can have Princess do it, or Tokyo can my next post). XD;

So Princess had only one dress, as well. "Where did you get the one you've got on, anyway?" Casually spoken as they progressed further into the town. They had just reached the circle of stone benches in the town square, and Tokyo paused, trying to figure out which direction they should go. Curiosity dragged her towards an crumbling building with a sign "Brookstone Private School" barely legible on a fading, stained billboard. "I'm sure we'll find stuff!" She tugged on Princess' arm, heading towards the school. "Let's check out this place." Tokyo knew that schools were were where human kids were taught, and it probably wasn't going to actually have many clothes, but she was curious to see what was inside anyway.

She twisted the long shiny door handle, pressing her shoulder against the dusty door, applying her meager amount of strength. Thankfully it was enough, and the door, protesting, opened wide enough for Tokyo to slip through. Assuming that Princess was still following, she walked forward and sneezed at the higher dust content in the air. Old lockers, mostly rusted, lined the hallway, doorways breaking the gray monotony at fixed intervals. Most were closed; here and there, pieces of the wood were rotten, providing peepholes to see if anything was worth while inside. The first door was labeled "Main Office," and after her somewhat prolonged fit of sneezing, Tokyo approached the door and examined what was inside. A few desks, a faint gross smell of a rotting animal. She moved on, continuing to inspect inside the rooms when she could.

[html]
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... etable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #0069B3 solid; font-size: 10px;">

ooc -

You can have Tokyo do it in the next post. And I'm gonna have Princess mention Colibri, and maybe Tokyo can question, leading to the sleep over offer, so drama? =D WotD: Caveat. 510 words.

ic -

Princess looked down at her spotted dress, momentarily shocked that she had not told Tokyo about finding the dress the first time she had gone to Halifax, and returning to retrieve it after she had first shifted, before meeting Colibri. Perhaps she had kept quiet about it because she was technically supposed to stay in the pack lands, and she had disobeyed that rule - even though that rule had been put in place by Alexey and not her own mother. “I found it one time that I went exploring,” she said, cleverly leaving out any mention of where she had gone exploring. It really wasn’t necessary to get in trouble for that excursion a second time, now was it? Alexey had issued a strong caveat in saying she would tell the girl’s mother, and Princess was still afraid of getting in trouble for it now. It most definitely wouldn‘t be worth it, and she didn‘t want to do anything to jeopardize the great day she was going to have, spending time with her mother.

Thinking back on it, Princess didn‘t remember if she had even told her mother about her first time shifting. She surely had not mentioned her meeting with Colibri before, but then, the girl did not often tell her mother about encounters with others, Dahlia members or not. She didn‘t think her mother would be angry that she had made friends, but she knew to be quiet about Catalyst, since she had told Cat far too much about her mother, and she would have been in terrible trouble if Tokyo knew what she had told the little white puppy. “After I first shifted, I remembered it, so I went back for it. Colibri said it was pretty. What do you think of it? I don’t think it belonged to anyone else,” she added, although she wasn’t sure. Maybe putting it like that would lead any suspicion away from her having left Dahlia lands.

Following her mother dutifully into the strange building, which she was a little afraid of because it looked just about ready to fall in on them, Princess peered around her in awe. This was very different from the house she had explored with Hemming, near the water (or lack there of, since it was low tide when they were there). She sneezed loudly, unintentionally repeating her mother’s action of breathing in the thick dust. The smell was weird here, unpleasant, and she wrinkled her nose in response, pressing her tongue against the roof of her mouth in hopes of quelling the stench of the rotting whatever-it-was. “What do you think we’ll find in here, Momma?” It didn’t look like there was much around for clothing, although the drapes hanging in the windows could probably be used to make something, if either of them knew how to make clothes. She didn’t know how, and she doubted Tokyo did, either. Shuffling down the hall, Princess peered in the open doors, pushing others open for inspection. Still no visible clothing, as far as she could tell.

[/html]
[html]
Tokyo: So Princess had found the dress while exploring. Well, okay whatever. Tokyo wondered if there were other clothes or treasures wherever she had found the dress - that would explain why she didn't want to divulge the secrets of the precise location. Tokyo supposed that made sense. Who, though, was.. Colibri? It sounded vaguely familiar, likely a member of Dahlia if she recognized the name. But why had Colibri been there when Princess first shifted? That was Tokyo's job. She was Princess' mother. What right did this Colibri have to be there for the important moments? "Who is Colibri?" Tokyo asked, frowning, disregarding the question of what she thought of it. Yeah, it was pretty, but the matter of this other female's imposition was much more serious to attend to first. They were inside now. "Not sure. I think this might have been some sort of weird religious place." She was wrong, but unintentionally sort of right - it had been a private Catholic school. A door with no window came up, with the words "Supply Closet" on it. Tokyo tugged; it was locked, but barely. It was sort of loose, almost like if she tugged it the lock would break.. "Here, help me open this. I bet we'll find stuff here."

Princess: Her mother did not seem happy with her mentioning Colibri, and for a moment, Princess was afraid that it was a bad idea to have mentioned her friend. Tokyo couldn’t really be unhappy that she had made friends, though, so the girl thought it was safe to explain further. “Colibri is my new friend. I was in the vineyard after I shifted, and she found me there. She even said I could sleep over some time, if I wanted to,” she added, choosing not to mention why the woman had originally made that offer, since it had come up when Princess was afraid to go see Tokyo. While she had not told Colibri much about her mother, she had admitted to being afraid of her, and that had been enough to worry Colibri, apparently. Tokyo really didn’t need to know about that, did she? Coming up behind her mother, Princess eyed the door awkwardly. How were they both supposed to try and open the door at the same time? There was only one knob. Snaking her hands in underneath her mother’s, Princess grasped the thinnest part of the handle, the part not normally used to open a door, and tugged on it with as much force as she could muster. Admittedly, like her mother, this amount was very small.

Tokyo: Tokyo was very still for a minute after she explained further about Colibri, but she decided the rest of the matter could simply be investigated later. "I see." She stated, very calmly and without betraying her intentions to hunt down the wolf of that name later. What did she think she was doing.. inviting Tokyo's daughter, to stay with her? Why was she trying to take Princess away? The nerve of the other woman! Tokyo would put a stop to that surely enough, but there was no point in worrying Princess about it. A friend.. sure. She probably just wanted to take advantage of Princess, somehow. Surprisingly enough, the lock was weak enough that Mother and Daughter were actually able to tug the door open with a loud, audible snap. Excitedly, Tokyo pushed past the younger female and blinked as her eyes adjusted to the lesser amount of light. Her ice blue eyes could still see, although a human would probably have a hard time of it. There were a lot of books, and some papers and chalk and erasers... But there, in the back, were some skirts hanging on a rack and two boxes full of shirts and pants on the floor. "Told you we'd find some clothes!" Triumphantly. She grabbed one of the skirts off the rack, holding it up to her waist before grabbing another, looking for something bigger.

Princess: There was nothing to be said in response to Tokyo's short answer, and since Princess did not know what it meant (it was, by far, much less enthusiastic than she would have liked), she kept her mouth shut until they managed to get the door pulled free from its home in the wall where it had stayed in place for ages. Backing away, Princess allowed her mother the first go at the clothing in the closet, since she knew it could end badly if she tried to push ahead. When Tokyo already had her things, Princess poked around as well, finding a skirt that seemed like it might fit, and then a matching shit. "Did they all wear matching clothes all the time?" she asked, pausing to hold up the skirt for inspection. "But, we can match!" That was a very exciting concept.

Tokyo: "I dunno, probably. It makes sense, matching clothes look prettier." Tokyo pointed out. She grinned at her daughter. "And yeah, matching each other would be awesome!" She dug through one of the boxes, pulling out a couple crumpled looking white blouses that looked like they would probably fit. Tokyo carried the ones she liked outside, setting them on the cleanest looking spot of the floor before going back in. She found a special awesome thing in the bottom of another box - a set of dark navy blue scarves. "Oh, look at these!" She took two or three, just in case. Poking around in the other corner, there were two cabinets: one labeled "costumes" and one "confiscated items." Tokyo opened the former, grabbing a bright pink, puffy tutu: "And this is gorgeous!"

Princess: It was very likely that this was true, but there was something to be said for individuality, wasn't there? There was something apealing about not being exactly like someone else, and as Princess watched her mother look through the boxes, she knew this was especially true for the mother and daughter pair. Though she idolized her mother, Princess did not ever want to be like her, not like the mother that had slaughtered and abused puppies. "How do you wear those long blue things?" she inquired, unaware of how one was meant to wear a scarf. The blouse and skirt were easy enough to figure out, since they were like dresses, but the long material was odd. Pawing through the box labeled "Costumes," Princess felt her hands brush up against something rubbery and hairy, and she pulled it out, shuddering at the sight of the strange made-up werewolf mask. "Why would humans make something so. . . Ugly? It doesn't look like us, but kind of. It's gross!" she spat, unhappy with the disgusting thing.
[/html]
[html]
Tokyo:

Tokyo picked up one of the scarves, wrapping it around her neck a few times, leaving one end awkwardly shorter than the other and without tucking it through or anything. "Like this, I think." It was chilly enough that she left it on for the moment, although it dangled and trailed in the dust some as she pawed through other stuff. She glanced over when Princess spoke again, and shuddered at the mask. "I have no idea. Humans were basically all crazy, I think." She grabbed one box of the school clothes and dumped everything inside of it out on the ground, taking it out in the hallway and piling in the school clothes to be transported out soon. She tugged off the scarf she had put on, too - it was irritating, around her throat.

Princess:

She didn't think that the blue material looked all that great, or all that comfortable, but Princess knew better than to actually vocalize such a thing. Tokyo would surely find offense in that, and so far, they were having a great day. But, she didn't think that she would be trying on one of those things, since it looked dreadfully unapealling. Dropping the mask with a look of disgust (although the strange thing was a bit fascinating), she nodded her agreement. "They had some good things, like pretty clothes and books, but they probably all crazy, like you said." Trailing her mother into the hall, Princess carried the skirt she had yet to drop and the crumpled, matching shirt, as well as a blue dress she had pulled out of the "Costumes" box. "Did you find anything else?"

Tokyo:

"I wanna get that awesome pink skirt, and look in that one other box." Tokyo said, and then wandered back inside to do just that. She grabbed the tutu, stuck it under her left arm, then tore open the "Confiscated Items" box. Inside were some very strange things. They were like other clothing, but a lot of them were.. smaller. She held up a very short black miniskirt to her waist - it looked like it would fit, it just didn't cover very much! Weirdd. Tokyo grabbed a few lacey black things, frowning at them. The material was odd, but made pretty flowers. She supposed it might look nice, although once again, this slip of a dress didn't look like it would cover much. "Why would anyone wear this?" She held up the lacey little thing for Princess' viewing.

Princess:

Eyeing the slip her mother had pulled out, Princess reached out to feel the strange material. Well, regardless of what her mother said, she thought it was pretty. It was different than the other things she had, and it was kind of see-through, which was cool. A lot of others walked around without clothes at all; what harm could come from something being see-through? Maybe it could even be put over something else to look nicer. Secretly, she hoped her mother would just drop it and forget about it, so that she could sneak it into her little pile of stuff, and hide it in her bag back in their den. "I don't know. . . That black skirt's a lot shorter than these ones, though. How come?" She glanced at the uniform skirt by her side.

Tokyo:

Tokyo decided to keep it, but there were definitely other such things inside the box. She walked outside, putting it, the tutu, and a few other frilly things and the black skirt into the box. Walking back inside, she shrugged. "I dunno. I guess.. maybe because of temperature? Humans were ugly and naked without fur so they used clothing to stay warm. Maybe when it was hot the wore these shorter things." She was pretty much done here for now, and leaned against the door-frame as she waited for Princess to make her final selections.

Princess:

Her disappointment was not visible, but it was there as she watched her mother put the lacy thing in with the rest of her things. That, however, made her feel a little better, since, if she found one like it, she wouldn't necessarily have to hide it. "Is there anything else like the flowered thing?" she asked, pawing through the box her mother had found it in curiously, as she had seen Tokyo pull out a few things that seemed similar. Lifting one up, translucsent and spotted with a frilly edge at the bottom, she inspected it closely. "Can I keep this one, too, please, please? Then I'm all done, I promise." She would be leaving with the pretty thing (although this one did not have a flower pattern and was a different material with pretty straps), the skirt and shirt set, and the blue dress, but it was enough, and she did not want to keep her mother waiting.

Tokyo:

Tokyo shrugged. She had absolutely no idea of the real human intention of the clothing, or she most definitely would have disapproved. But in that case, she wouldn't have taken any of the lingerie-like items herself. Sex was guh-ross! "Yeah, sure, whatever. There's tons of room in this box still. We can visit a couple buildings nearby, fill it up." She sneezed again, and was a bit anxious to get out of this dusty places. Hopefully some of the other places would be less dirty, ugh!

Princess:

She beamed, glad that her mother had agreed. Putting her small bundle of items under her arm, she nodded at the door, also ready to leave. "I'm all set, then, and I would like to look in other places, too. Maybe we can find more cool stuff," she confirmed, curious to know what they might find in other buildings for other purposes. If they had found such cool things in a place where humans learned things, then they might even find better things elsewhere.

Annnd, fin!

[/html]