my old self was hard to find
[html]<style type="text/css">.tctemp b {color:#ef320c; font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;}</style>
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... ntable.png) bottom no-repeat #bfcfca; font:8pt Verdana; color:#678078; line-height:1.4em; padding:2.4em; padding-top:0.0em; padding-bottom:35.5em; text-align:justify;">[/html]
did ya know tokyo and addison are actually second cousins? XD; thanos is tokyo's uncle, and she's got a wind chime from him hidden in her den. maybe if addi wants to see what other stuff she has after getting caught tokyo can explain that gift and they can figure out they're family, if you want~ 365 words

Tokyo was now a Scout. She had an incredibly important and meaningful job, to patrol the borders and keep those that were not of the pack out. This meant that she was now avoiding the borders at all costs. If she actually ran into someone there, she'd be expected to actually do something, and if she messed up she'd get into some sort of trouble, probably. No, no, no. That would be terrible. As long as she kept away, however, she would never be thrust into an awkward situation where she'd have to like, represent the pack. As far as co-ranks go, though, she could have done a lot worse. Because the measure of a job was simple: how easy it was to look like you were doing it without actually doing anything. Like, if circumstance had given her the job of hunter, that would have fucking sucked! That would have been a case where even if she tried she would have come up short. Well, unless all she did was fish, and the majority of wolves she met turned up their noses at the prospect of such a diet.

The woman was sprawled out on the sand a little way from her coastal den (located on the tip of Nevaeh Ravine), contentedly watching the ocean from her dry perch. Tokyo was wearing one of her new outfits, a pretty frilly white blouse and an elegant black skirt that was sorta incongruous with the flirty girlyness of the top. The rest of her discovered clothes lay haphazardly scattered just inside the mouth of the den; Princess had spent forever yesterday trying on different outfits, trying to figure out what to wear, messing with her mane. It was rather silly. She had said she was going to be leaving pack-lands for a bit, and sounded sort of guilty about it, but Tokyo hadn't cared enough to pry, instead just wondering with amusement what sort of trouble she was causing elsewhere.

A faint drizzle was just fading, and the sun was finally peeking out from behind the clouds to warm her slightly chilly limbs. Closing her ice-blue eyes and smiling faintly, Tokyo drifted off into a light mid-morning dose.

[html]
[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... able_1.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Awesome :33 sure!!

The girl was no longer a girl and was now a full-fledged member of Phoenix Valley, something that she was still getting used to. She didn't like the idea of having pack duties to begin with, so it was a good thing that she held the Genus rank, the rank of a wolf who's future was undecided. She wasn't particularly good at anything that could be related to pack work, not skilled at hunting, fishing, scouting, or puppysitting. In fact, the idea of pups in general made the young adult wince inwardly. Phoenix Valley didn't have any, thank god. They were annoying little things...and she already had enough competition for Jefferson's attention with Geneva there. She didn't need anyone else messing it up either.

Bi-colored eyes seached over the terrain as white paws traversed the beach, heading northwest along the coast. The sands here were soft on her feet, something that she liked. She had known that she was inside of a pack's territory for a while now but didn't mind it too much; she knew that some of Jefferson's family lived here, so if she was discovered she would use that as an excuse to cover her tresspass. Her adopted father wouldn't hear about it for a while, either, hopefully. She didn't think he came up here often.

It was misting outside. She had thought that it was coming from the ocean at first, but she was too far away for it to be hitting her now...so it had to be coming down from the sky. Great. She'd thought that she would be able to snag a few good items before heading back to her pack, but it looked like she would be waiting out the rain instead. She stuck it out, continuing to walk, though, and the rain began to fade a bit, becoming less and less. Perfect! Maybe all of the wolves would be inside their houses, and she wouldn't run into anyone at all.

A scent hit her nose, that of another wolf, and she looked around rapidly. Where were they? The smell was coming from two different places, and as she got closer she realized why. There was a den...and there was a wolf. The den smelled almost as strongly as the wolf itself did, so that was why it had seemed like there were two of the same wolf, why the scent had branched off into two different directions. The young adult crept toward the den, looking around outside of it before she entered it. There were many interesting things here. She was particularly interested in the clothing--she'd never seen such beautiful designs in her life! Addison picked up a few of the shirts in her mouth, turning to head out of the den again, hoping to dart off into the brush undiscovered.

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.tctemp b {color:#ef320c; font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;}</style>
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... ntable.png) bottom no-repeat #bfcfca; font:8pt Verdana; color:#678078; line-height:1.4em; padding:2.4em; padding-top:0.0em; padding-bottom:35.5em; text-align:justify;">[/html]
k, sweet. Big Grin. also haha, i think addison and tokyo are gonna get along well. XD; 352 words.

Tokyo was a light sleeper. While this was annoying as all hell when her puppies were young, it did have its benefits in that it was pretty damn hard to sneak up on her while sleeping. Or, in this case, it was pretty damn hard to steal from her den without her figuring out something was going on. At first the Scout had thought that the soft padding of feet were those of her daughter Princess, returned early from whatever outing she had planned. The footsteps were distinctly those of a create walking on four legs, though. Why would Princess be unshifted? Mother and daughter spent the majority of their time around the den in their humanoid forms. And Princess hadn't even brought a bag with her to store her new pretty clothes if she had wanted to slip back into the more natural form. There was no way in hell that Princess would have just abandoned her clothes somewhere, and if she had, Tokyo would have to have a sharp word or two to her about the value of possessions.

She had righted herself and unclouded her mind from sleep in time to see the tail of a stranger entering her den. A scowl on her face, Tokyo clambered over, her form popping up and blocking the exit just as the - young girl, it seemed - was trying to use it. And she had a mouthful of shirts. A quick evaluation discovered that they were primarily Princess'. Well, maybe that would teach the silly girl to put away her clothes, Tokyo thought in a very smug fashion. Not that she really had any place to complain, considering the own chaotic whirlwind of her own new clothes. They were just near the back of the den, and less easily accessible to a passing stranger. Tokyo sat down languidly, although the tension in her muscles clearly expressed the fact that should the strange girl try to exit the den, she would pounce. And then, in what was likely an unexpected fashion to any witness, she grinned. "What do you think you're doing, kid?"

[html]
[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... able_1.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
^^

Her mind whirled as she tried to think of something to do, some way to escape. The wolf's body was blocking her way out, something that she hadn't anticipated. Her ears went back, bi-colored eyes narrowing as she took a few steps backwards, back into the den. She was at this female's mercy, for now, trapped the way that she was. Whoever this wolf was, Addison could tell that she was intelligent; she'd used her body to block off the girl's routes to escape while remaining in a position that would allow her to easily move to catch the young adult if she tried slipping through. Addi knew it would be useless to try and get out.

She let go of the clothing, the items falling to the side, and frowned at the expression on Tokyo's face. Why was she smiling? This was a bad situation, to catch someone stealing from your den. Maybe it was because she knew she had Addi cornered. The Valley wolf stared at the small amount of open ground that lay between her and this wolf, trying to decide if she ought to risk running out of the den and around the wolf. "I ain't doin' nothin, lady! I just got lost is all. Lemme out!"

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... tokyo3.png); background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding:15px; padding-bottom:0px;">
365 words, sorry for slow Sad

The young girl was even younger than Princess, a thought that made Tokyo feel sort of old. To have a fully-grown daughter! What was Tokyo, now? Almost four? Jesus. Well, she was still beautiful, and as long as she had her looks she didn't really have to worry about people thinking she was old, because the only thing worrisome about growing old was getting ugly. She tried to spew some bullshit story. It was way too obviously fake. Just got "lost?" "You just got 'lost?' Now, that doesn't make any sense." Tokyo explained in a very matter-of-fact tone. "I would have noticed how faint the my daughter's scent is on these clothes, and try something along the lines of 'these were my mother's, she lost them recently.' Or you even probably could have gotten away with a very sad look and an explanation about how you shifted for the first time, and all the other kids made fun of you for not having any clothes."

Tokyo was more than comfortable enough in her seated position at the mouth of the den, and had absolute no intention to move at all. Not because she wanted to punish the girl - but she was genuinely intrigued. It wasn't like she never ran into other wolves that were liars and thieves, you just usually couldn't tell - that was the point of all that business, after all. But this girl was young, and not very good yet. Even with her own daughter, Tokyo couldn't be too sure when she was telling the truth, but Princess had a very distinct attitude of fear and respect around her mother. Which Tokyo definitely enjoyed, and had actually cultivated, but it meant that Princess didn't lie to or steal from her mother. Either that, or Tokyo was such a good teacher, such a good example, that she didn't even notice when her kid did so. The raw, untutored deviance of the youth before her was something new.

"Did you really think you'd be able to get out of here before I woke up? I was only a few feet away, on the beach." A gently chiding tone; "that was silly!" sort of attitude.
[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... able_2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She didn't really know why she did some of the things she did. She didn't get too much attention at home any more unless she was hurt or lost, so maybe that was a part of it. She didn't even know why she had come all the way over to these lands to look for stuff to take--it was the thrill of being in a new place with all these new scents and new wolves. Phoenix Valley felt like a place that never moved, that always stood still. Like time never passed.

Tokyo seemed...like someone she ought to idolize. Addison should have used a different excuse than she had, one that was more believable. "I need some lyin' lessons, I guess. I dunno why I came up here...just was bored. There ain't nothin' to do in Phoenix Valley. This pack seems a lot more fun. I should have thought about you bein' over there at the beach...I didnt think you were so close. Where'd you get all these clothes, anyway?"

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... tokyo3.png); background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding:15px; padding-bottom:0px;">
pretty new table! 262 words

Tokyo was actually really pleased with the girl's response to her advice. Princess would have probably nodded and mumbled some meek "yes mother" or something, maybe apologizing for messing up. This girl just took it in stride, acknowledging that she should have done better and sounding like she was actually taking her advice to heart. It made her feel pretty damn important, which of course she was, but other people didn't always recognize this fact. "Lying takes a lot of practice before you can do it well." Tokyo said solemnly, like she was discussing something of much greater importance and of much less, ah, moral ambiguity.

Ew, Phoenix Valley. No wonder the poor kid was depraved. That pack was full of lunatics! Her mind flashed back to her very strange encounter with that white wolf, Honor or whatever the fuck his name was. He had ended up chasing her off the territory with a stick, and hadn't thought she was pretty! The nerve of some people! It made her feel more sympathetic to this youth, stuck in such a pack. "You gotta be careful. Make sure to take a careful look around the whole area, first. Lots of people won't be as amused as I am if they catch you." Tokyo had been caught a lot. Mostly as a puppy, but still, usually it turned into a shouting match.

"Phoenix Valley is a pretty terrible pack, I met someone from there once, he was dumb. Dahlia's great though. I took most of these clothes from the towns in our pack-lands. What's your name, kid?"
[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... able_2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She had the desire to learn, but no one to teach her these ways. Addison wanted to learn more about being sneaky...about getting under the radar and taking whatever she wanted. She liked other peoples' things more than her own, most of the time, and half the time the wolf wouldn't even miss whatever she'd taken. Maybe she would exchange the stuff with something of equal value, if she had it.

"Yeah...I guess. And I guess not, about the others who would catch me. That's why I gotta learn how to be quiet and how to observe better."Slowly realizing that she wasn't going to be in trouble for this, the girl began to brighten. "I'm Addi. Addison D'angelo. My grandma used to live in this pack, but I think she left...you might know her. Deuce Rhiannon? I'm her daughter Dierdre's daughter. And my dad is a D'angelo, from that family. You say that Dahlia's great, huh? What's so great about it?" She asked curiously.

[/html]
[html]
240 words

Deuce Rhiannon? The name was unfamiliar to Tokyo, and she certainly made no connection from the name to Uncle Thanos. There was no way for her to have known that Thanos had even had kids, let alone that their own kids were wandering around these parts. D'Angelo, though, was a name she had heard of. She was pretty good friends, as a kid, with some awesome girl named Meth D'Angelo. It was a name worthy of respect. Tokyo wondered what the relation was between Meth and Addi, but this girl probably wouldn't know, she had gotten the impression that the D'Angelos were a pretty large family.

"Nah, I never knew a Deuce.. Dahlia's great because.." Tokyo paused to think up some words to explain herself precisely. "Well, there's a lot of cool people here, and you don't really have to do like any work if you don't want to, as long as you're careful that other people don't notice." Which Tokyo was, of course. But she couldn't really miss this opportunity to brag about it. It wasn't like Addison was part of the pack or anything.

Tokyo glanced at the clothes strewn around. "You could probably have a couple of these if you like." She magnanimously offered the adolescent her daughter's clothing. "I could show you some other pretty things I've collected over the past few years if you'd like." She suggested, seriously loving the amount of attention she was getting.
[/html]
[html]
ooc

She thought to name more of her family. She wanted some recognition, that her family had once lived here amongst these wolves. Surely Tokyo had to know somebody she was related to..."Misery D'angelo? She was my gramma. I dunno where she is now. Uhh...Thanos Niire? He was my grandpa on the other side..you don't know any of them?" She asked, frowning.

Addison looked at the clothing with interest. But she hadn't learned to shift yet...so clothing wouldn't be useful to her quite yet. It sure was pretty, though. She could make a real nice head scarf or something out of one of the shirts. "I'd love to have one of em. What other stuff do you got in here?" She inquired, looking back into the den.

[/html]
[html]
Tokyo frowned. She didn't know Misery D'Angelo, but again her mind flitted back to that really awesome girl Meth. Too much work to inquire how she fit into the family tree, and there was no guarantee that Addison would even know who Meth was. Thanos, though! All thoughts of the D'Angelos rapidly slipped from her mind. "Thanos was my uncle!" The older woman exclaimed excitedly. Tokyo's uncle and Addison's grandfather.. Her knowledge of family terms was limited, so she just shrugged. "That makes us some sort of cousins, I guess. Cool!" She brushed past the other girl, no longer worried that her newly found relative would try and run off. Digging through a bag in the corner, she pulled out a wind chime. "He gave this to me when I was a little puppy, as a present." Tokyo held it out carefully for examination, proud of the very shiny very lovely toy.
[/html]
[html]
ooc:

Good, now she could feel important. She had been hoping that one of the names would sound familiar, and Tokyo's exclamation brought with it new hopes as well. She was related to her? Then maybe she would be more welcomed in Dahlia! Related to two or three members. Family was always useful in that way. And family could do things for you and help you out, too, if you needed it. She could need help someday. Awesome! "That's cool! I only met my grandma, so far. I haven't met that Naniko lady yet, but I plan on going to see her in Crimson Dreams pretty soon."

The thing that Tokyo pulled out was certainly pretty, and jealous blue and yellow eyes fixed upon it. It was an amazing thing that made wonderful little clinking sounds...but she didn't want the other to think that she though it had too much worth. "That thing's neat, I guess. I've seen some like it in the city." She lied. But none from her grandfather. She'd have to see if she could get Tokyo to part ways with it someday and give it to her. She yawned once, shaking her head. It was getting kinda late...she ought to head back home pretty soon. "But my dad will be waiting for me back home...I'll come and see you again, ok?"

[/html]