through the roses & the thorns
[html]

--

Often individual scents, names, and faces would stick in Anselm's memory like a fly would stick to glue. When these memories were triggered later on, the fly would beat its wings and create quite a buzz in his head. Such was the effect when he discovered Savina's scent, dominant and supreme marking the boundaries of Crimson Dreams. While the copper canine usually preferred to stay off the radar, attracting as little attention from the higher-ups as possible, here he was excited and even enthusiastic.
Anselm rarely found anybody particularly agreeable, but the alluring black beauty with the Italian accent had hit a soft spot with him. In some sense, Savina embodied everything that a mother ought to be--caring and kind, but with the ferocity to defend herself and her charges if need be. That was how she was when he'd seen her last, at least.
Perhaps it was fitting, then, that this uncharacteristic woman was deserving of his uncharacteristic attention. Skittering away from the marked borders, he prowled around through Shiloh Hills. This territory was a bit further south than he usually bothered to venture--most everything he ever needed was closer to home and there wasn't much of a reason to go out this far. He still had a rough idea, though, and before long he was hot on the trail of a groundhog. His ears pricked forward as he watched the plump rodent vanish into one of its burrows. A moment later, it popped back out somewhere else. Anselm saw his chance and took it, moving with impressive speed and pouncing when the time was right. The impact and subsequent shaking was enough to kill the animal instantly.
Trotting along with the limp rodent in his jaws, he deposited it near the border and let out a bold, deep howl requesting the presence of the Commander alone. He had no reservations or fear here... he was simply visiting an old friend, and he came bearing a gift.
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... ader-1.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Awww, he brought her a groundhog :3 300+

She was doing better. Better than she had been. It had been a rough transition. Not really for the pack as a whole. The only member who had caused any ruckus over it had been Brooklyn and she couldn't necessarily blame the girl too much for that. Her mother had been forced out of the pack, she was just trying to stay loyal to her family. Though Anu and Mati were her family too and the both of them understood that what had happened had needed to be done. Oh well. Hopefully Brooklyn would come around and realize it was all for the best. Most of the hurdles had been personal for Savina. Having to face the fact that her once best friend was no longer the wolf she remembered, changed by that human substance. Helping her daughter recover from her ordeal and her tiff with Kansas and now attempting to patch things all up. Yes, it had been quite the rough few days for the new Commander.

Currently her dark form was out once again remarking the borders, washing away Naniko as the predominant scent. This was her pack now. Though with all the recent rains that task had been much easier than it might have otherwise. As she walked at a brusque pace a wince flashed across her face and she looked to her right front leg. The bite mark left by the little bastard wasn't that bad of an injury, but it did like to remind her of its presence. Savina stopped for a moment, setting down and flexing the limb to try and work the pain out of it. She probably should be inside resting it instead of working it, but right now sitting around in the mansion doing nothing sounded like torture. She needed the air and quiet.

When a deep howl pierced through the air her head and ears shot up. That voice. It was familiar but...he had left months ago, hadn't he? But it couldn't be anyone else, and he was calling for her. News travels fast, the fey thought to herself as she returned to her feet and swiftly made her way to where the hybrid was situated.

Even though she knew it was him, when his golden form came into sight she could barely believe her eyes. A soft smile graced her face as she trotted up to him. "Well, well, well, would you look what the cat dragged in," her accented tones teased warmly. Tail waved behind her like a black banner and she nudged him affectionately with her muzzle. "It's good to see you back here, Anselm." The words were genuine. While they hadn't spent much time together, she enjoyed their encounters. Then her eyes caught the dead groundhog at his feet. "For me? How sweet of you," she said with a laugh.

[/html]
[html]

--

Anselm sat neatly a few feet off from his kill as he awaited the Alpha's arrival. He stared placidly into the surrounding forest, ears swivelling this way and that as he listened for any nosy pack wolves that may have decided to investigate his call. Fortunately, it seemed like the message got through to exactly the right wolf, for within fifteen minutes the Italian woman was in sight. He rose politely to his feet and dipped his head cordially, though it didn't appear such displays were completely necessary. Her first words brought a grin to his face: "Yea; drug straight through hell, but I don't look too much worse for the wear, now do I?" he asked with a wink, partly flirtatious and mostly just contributing to the friendly banter.
His own tail swung behind him in time with hers, though held lower to the ground as he returned the nudge with a light bump of his own. "And it's good to see that not everyone I gave half a damn about has turned up missing while I was gone," he replied smoothly, tail flopping to one side as he took his seat again. He still had Gabriel and Ryan, who were easily (and understandably) the most significant in his life--though beyond that, Savina was probably the closest to a friend he had left from "back in the day" and he didn't mind admitting as much. Occasionally, two individuals just clicked, and Anselm was happy to have found such an intelligent, respectful lady as a friend. Beyond family members, Savina was probably one of the few females Anselm didn't look at in a (purely) sexual light. Talitha, Faol, and Corona were gone, which bothered him at least a bit, but he knew it was mostly Gabriel's job to be concerned over those three.
At the mention of the groundhog, he nodded and used his nose to nudge it towards her. "Help yourself." If she left him anything to pick at, he'd be content; if not, he'd find something else later. Compared to his birth pack, there seemed to be nearly infinite food around, anyway. "So clearly much has happened in your life since I was gone," he observed. "Congratulations; how are things in your pack?" he wondered, with subtle emphasis on the your. For once, his question struck something deeper than just hunting for facts--he was genuinely curious how his friend had been doing. Hopefully she only had good news to tell this time around, but he'd be willing to lend an ear either way. For it all, nobody could ever argue the caramel male wasn't a good listener.
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... ader-1.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
500+

She needed something like this, meeting up with an old friend. Her spirits were instantly lifted and the gods knew they sure needed some lifting. The past few days had been incredibly taxing on the fey and this was a welcome respite. She wondered if Anselm had seen Ryan yet or knew that he was a grandfather, but she would hold off on such questions for now. Savina chuckled at his words. "Nah, you look great." It was an honest compliment. The hybrid was a handsome creature, there was no denying that. Perhaps in another life they might have been more than just friends, but Savina had a mate and a family now and Anselm had a family of his own. "So I take it this wasn't some leisurely vacation then? If it was sounds like the worst one in history." She was curious as to what had taken him away from these lands.

The Commander was mostly ignorant to the goings on in Inferni. Her kind wasn't really welcome there to begin with but after what had occurred between she and Hybrid she hadn't dared go near the clan since. She doubted that her position as a pack leader would protect her from the likes of a madman like him. "I'm sorry to hear you've lost track of some people." It wasn't surprising that some he knew had disappeared in his absence. Savina herself was missing her own sister again after having found her again. She wondered if Ghita would ever turn up again. She still had no idea what had caused her sibling to run off again, it wasn't like they had any other family anywhere else.

The woman took a seat along with him and eagerly took a bite from his gift as it was nosed towards her. She wasn't particularly hungry, so she would eat her share and then he could have the rest. Her sleek dark head nodded. "Yes, much has happened. So much it's hard to keep track of." Savina wished his congratulations sounded better to her ears, but her promotion was bittersweet. "Thank you, though it only recently became my pack and not in the most pleasant of ways." That was putting things lightly. "Most things have been well. A stable core group of members, I now have a mate and three young pups. Though recently things have been rocky," she said, the smile fading from her face.

"Our ex Commander, Naniko, well under all our noses she became addicted to drugs. I don't know what it is exactly, some white powder. She did a good job hiding it from all of us until the other day she left her pack laying around and my...daughter got into it and breathed some of that blasted stuff in." It seemed Cambria was finally returning to herself, but it was taking longer than the mother had expected. "Myself and the other subleader confronted her and she showed no remorse for what she had done. With what she had become I had to make a choice and so we forced her out." She knew that she had made the right choice, but oftentimes the right choice came at a high price.

[/html]
[html]
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s304 ... wicked.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:185px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#000000; text-align:justify; font-family:tahoma; font-size:11px; color:#C2A52C; line-height:16px">

------Anselm often had a one-track mind when it came to dealing with women (assuming they weren't related, of course). Savina's own sub-leader could attest to that (unbeknownst to him)--though it was worth noting this general disrespect or objectification wasn't intentionally aimed at the fairer sex. The caramel male hardly respected anybody, male or female, even as he played along with the submissive and dominant displays they all took part in. More often than not, it was just less of a pain to play along. Doing otherwise obviously created friction, and this friction either slowed him down or cost him in blood. Regardless, he'd probably think of and treat males in a similar fashion if only he swung that way... but he did not.

------Every so often, though, he'd stumble upon an individual whom he came to value as more than a mere seed depository (in the case of the ladies) or competition (in the case of other guys). When it came to non-blood relatives, he could count his "friends" on one paw: Savina, Boomer, and now he guessed Kaena (although he was still tempted to classify her as family, even though they weren't directly related). There were a couple of others who may have achieved that status if only time was on their side--but alas, Poe was now but a fleeting, dreamlike memory, and he doubted Nikita was still around since he'd heard no word on the Hollow's continued existence.

------Somewhere in the back of his mind he registered a strong male scent associated with Savina's--that of Kansas--and somewhere in the back of his mind he was tempted to respect that. It was still impossible to completely curb his flirtatious instincts, but what was the harm in that? As such, a tiny, genuine smile crept across his face at her compliment, and he was content to leave it at that.
"Nah; more of a wild goose chase," he offered, figuring this explanation would suffice without going into details. The whole situation was a mess, and as far as he was concerned, a stain on his "reputation" (who exactly cared he wasn't sure... Gabriel not judging him to harshly had certainly helped, but he was still personally disappointed in himself for being so retarded).
------"These things happen. It's best to just focus on what's still left," he resolved matter-of-factly, flicking his dark-tipped ears as he listened to her speak. His face remained stoic, as usual, as he let her finish, though his tail flopped several times behind him in silent congratulations at the news of her growing family. At the mention of drugs, his ears fell back slightly--Anselm had resorted to chemical release on more than one occasion, though he'd learned which were most likely to get him in trouble. Suffice it to say, his experimentation with psychedelics was done. They were fine so long as he was in isolation, but as soon as he came across anybody else while under the influence his whole world fell apart. They'd helped him discover more about his deepest thoughts and self, in a sense, but he didn't think repeated doses were necessary.
------Although he was somewhat concerned about her judging him for what he was about to say, he figured it was more important that the dark mother be informed than have a shining, perfect opinion of him. "Eh, I think I know what that one is. I hope your daughter is alright--but listen, it is key that she doesn't find that shit again. It is highly addictive, it can inspire aggression, and I'd imagine the effects on a child are even worse." Presumably, if the pup avoided it forever forward she'd be fine... but he feared what might happen if she got into it even a second time. Shaking his head, he continued, just to be clear that he supported her decision. "I guess I figure everyone has the right to do what they want to themselves once they're old enough to decide, but when it impacts your job or your family life, that's a whole 'nother story. It's a shame that these things can inspire such gross oversights." And he ought to know, didn't he?
[/html]
[html]
500+

Unlike Anselm, Savina's mind rarely thought of anyone in a sexual or objectified manner. The only exception was her mate. It wasn't really that she was a prude, she just had not experienced that part of life until he had come along. Though she had come to understand why people talked about it and obsessed over it so much. It was incredibly enjoyable. And she had to admit, she was yearning for that kind of connection again. There had been no love-making between she and Kansas since she had found out she was pregnant. Of course at first it hadn't even occurred to her much, she had had the well being of her pups to focus on. But now that they were growing and starting to wander on their own, she was beginning to feel those urges strongly again.

Savina was not a flirtatious creature, but it seemed that her golden friend kind of brought that out of her. She couldn't say why, perhaps there was some underlying attraction to the man, but it was nothing serious. The coal woman loved her mate with all her heart and would never, ever be disloyal to him. That being as it was, she saw no harm in acting the way she did around the de le Poer. They both knew where they stood. A light laugh escaped her throat at his explanation. It was clear that whatever it was, it was not something he wanted to go into further, and Savina was smart enough to let something drop when it was wanted. Besides it didn't really matter. He was back now, that was what was pertinent.

As almost always when it came to matters such as these, he was right. It was best to focus on what was left and she was finally beginning to do that. There had just been so much to happen all at once that she had had a bit of a breakdown. That was behind her now (though only by a few days) and she was doing her best to concentrate on moving forward. Though she was somewhat surprised when it seemed her friend had a rather good amount of knowledge on the drug that had caused her so much trouble. Well, she certainly hadn't expected such behavior of Anselm, but then again she hadn't from Naniko either. Though there was no judgment in the revelation. While it was not something she agreed with, adults could do as they chose. The problem had arisen when Naniko's behavior had affected the rest of the pack. Honestly, she was thankful that she had such information, scary as it was. She needed to know what her daughter was up against.

"She's...recovering. It's taking some time," she said, her ears drooping. "I see. I've already scoured the house and the rest of the lands for any she might have hidden and got rid of whatever I found. Cambria's not very adventurous so I don't worry about her wandering off too far, but when she grows up...gods I hope she never comes across any." The mother knew now that that would always be a lingering fear in the back of her mind. She would keep her child safe as long as she could, but she wouldn't always be there to protect her.

Savina nodded her head. "Yes, she tried to push the blame onto my pup and me. It was really quite unbelievable. I'm lucky that the other subleader was there, else it would have come to blows..." She gave Anselm a knowing look. He knew what lurked inside of her and what could have happened.

[/html]
[html]
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s304 ... wicked.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:185px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#000000; text-align:justify; font-family:tahoma; font-size:11px; color:#C2A52C; line-height:16px">Apologies for the length/quality. Things have been super crazy, and I figured a half-arsed post was better than none at all. D: -Needs more time in the day.-

------Anselm had sampled nearly every drug under the sun at some point in his life, and most he had disliked right off the bat. They made him too uncoordinated and indecisive--many made it more difficult to interact with others, which was already work itself for the introverted (if not antisocial) male. He seemed to misinterpret bodily signals more while intoxicated and this perturbed him greatly. The caramel hybrid was a creature who always liked to be on top of the ball, and when he wasn't, it inspired anxiety and discomfort. Maybe facing this discomfort while under the influence of Boomer's mushrooms was good for him... and who knew, the time he'd done LSD with Poe he'd enjoyed himself, although it bothered him now that the memory was more dreamlike than realistic (he occasionally faltered and wondered whether or not he had imagined it, which was--again--bad).

------Cocaine, the presumed powder of his friend's unfortunate accident, had heightened the senses rather than dulled them. This effect may have been desirable, but the crash that followed left him feeling worse than where he had started. Sedatives were just as bad, for though he felt completely relaxed under their influence, he also recognised his total vulnerability should anyone with ill intentions stumble across him while he was thus intoxicated. Even alcohol he only enjoyed in modest quantities; he would drink to get a slight buzz and no further. This was still something he enjoyed doing alone. The only other drug he did with any regularity at all was marijuana, as it seemed to him a completely harmless, natural, easy to obtain plant. He felt no worse when he didn't have it, and although it calmed his nerves it didn't render him useless. If he could still hunt while high and do any other number of things, he could still defend himself, too (though at that point he probably wouldn't want to).

------"Yea; I'm not sure what the best route would be myself," he admitted. Anselm could obviously never claim to be parent of the year. "It's hard to say what would make her more curious: just telling her that it's bad and to stay away, or explaining exactly why." He shrugged a little; he could conjecture all day, but at the end of it, Savina knew her own daughter better than he did. "Or maybe saying nothing more at all.. I don't know. Once kids get curious about something, it seems like they just run with it." He certainly had when he was younger, thus why he could speak so confidently on that matter now. He shook his head as the mother continued, pausing a moment to give her a reassuring nudge of support with his pointed muzzle. "Alphas must take responsibility for their own actions and choices--the good and the bad. She dug her own grave and now she can sleep in it," he firmly resolved. A playful grin flashed across his face as he sought to lighten the mood a bit: "Why do you think I've never had that ambition?", he laughed, "I don't want to be cleaning up other people's messes, I can barely keep track of myself!" Though said in jest, there was more than a grain of truth to the statement. Able-bodied, keen, and commanding, Anselm may have made a very effective leader in another life. He simply lacked the will, and that was what ultimately mattered the most.
[/html]
[html]
don't worry about it, because here I am making you wait super long! x.x 500+

As her friend offered suggestions she ran them all through her mind, trying to find which would be the best course to take. Of course she never wanted to keep anything from her children, but sometimes ignorance could be a good thing. Naniko had said that the drug made her feel better. It hadn't had that effect on Cambria's small form, at least not that she could tell, but if she learned that maybe she would want to take it later in life. Forbidding things didn't seem like the best option either. Savina had never really been any sort of rebel as a kid, but she did understand how grown-ups saying something wasn't allowed would actually entice pups to do it. Thinking about how depressed her daughter had been ever since the incident, perhaps saying nothing at all was the best course. The mother knew that the girl didn't like the stuff and if she would keep that idea on her own there was no reason to say anything more.

"Yes...I think perhaps not talking about it might be best. She doesn't like the stuff, not after what it did to her and how she's felt ever since. I think she's holding a good amount of bad feelings against Naniko for everything as well. Maybe if I just leave things as is she'll never have the urge to find any more of that stuff and will steer clear of it. At least I hope so. She's such a delicate child...I can't help but worry..." She gave Anselm a half-hearted smile. Cambria was the most fragile of her offspring, so easily upset. There was a lot of her father in her, but that was one of the reasons she knew that there was a strength she didn't know about. It wasn't a physical strength, it was of the spirit. One day hopefully Cambria would realize it as well.

Savina nodded her head at his statement. It was true. Despite what anyone would say, the ex Commander had brought this upon herself. When you were a leader you couldn't do whatever you pleased. You couldn't get blitzed out on drugs and leave them laying around without consequence. The whole pack looked to the alpha for guidance and example. Naniko had betrayed all their trust in her with what she had done. "Yes. I don't regret my decision. I know I did the right thing. It only makes me nervous because such a change can be a difficult transition for a pack. I hope we all make it alright." A small, short laugh came from her at his joke at himself and she nosed him back. "I'm not ambitious either. I never wanted this really, it just fell into my lap," she said with humor in her voice. "I guess I must be alright at it though, they're still following me." For now they were anyway. Savina hoped that it would stay that way. She may not have ever wanted it specifically, but she did not want to let her packmates down.

[/html]
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... shroom.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:255px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#000000; text-align:justify; font-family:arial; font-size:12px; color:#F1DC96; line-height:16px">
's all good o:

@&#&$Some children were angels: they beheld the adults with awe and respect, they clung carefully to any wisdom they were offered, and they welled up with pride when they were praised for doing anything good. Quite predictably, Anselm had never fallen into this category. Everything he knew and understood he had to realise himself--to this day, he would not take another's word for it "just because." A few good whoopings here and there taught him early in life who would disapprove of x, y, z behaviour and who wouldn't mind as much. Those in the former category were avoided--why ask for permission he wouldn't be granted, when he could just go and do anything with nobody being the wiser? Those in the latter category he studied (and in some ways emulated; the miscreants he kept company with during his youth could easily explain some of his "bad habits" now).

@&#&$Needless to say, he had caused his poor mother many headaches and much greyed fur. As he aged, even those who disapproved of his brash, independent nature were forced to begrudgingly accept his lifestyle and personality--he quickly proved himself a valuable asset to the war-torn pack. His first kills were made well before he reached the adult ranks; perhaps it was fitting, then, that he'd also gotten into drugs and sex much sooner than folks around here did. If he was old enough to fight for his pack, he was old enough to do whatever he wanted. Period. It didn't seem like Savina's daughter was as stubborn, cocky, or rebellious as he had been, though, and he nudged her reassuringly with his snout. "It sounds like she has plenty of support if she needs it," he offered. "How old is she? Maybe she won't even remember it when she grows up. Kids are resilient.

@&#&$"I'm sure everything will work out fine, though. Assuming you had a stable membership base before hand, you've got little to worry about; at least you and the subleader were already known and trusted by the pack." He snorted a bit, shaking his head. "I actually have seen other cases where some random asshole marches in and tries to take the reigns of a pack that recently lost its Alpha. I don't think it's ever worked out too well in the long run." Why would it? Nobody seemed to understand how packs were supposed to work any more. Obviously the second-highest ranked wolf was supposed to take over in such events; if they didn't think they could handle it, they could appoint the third down, etcetera. Hell, the pack could have a bloody vote, for all he cared--almost anything made sense than entrusting a complete stranger with such sacred duties. "Presumably everyone here now will remember what she did; how could they doubt you? And anybody new won't know the difference, anyway." Anselm hoped to put the dark woman's mind at ease--though he was glad she didn't doubt her own decision this time. Confidence was important for anybody, but that went double for an Alpha.
[/html]
[html]
<3 300+

Savina smiled warmly at Anselm as he nudged her. She appreciated his support so much, more so than many other's. He was a sturdy, strong male with an exceedingly good head on his shoulders. He subscribed to logic, which at times could be a weakness of her's, but knowing that she had his support reinforced her confidence. Just as it had all those moons ago after she had attacked Conri. "Yes, she does. Everyone has been watching over her, especially her brother and sister. They're doing all they can to make her happy again." It pained the mother to see her child so depressed and lethargic. It was completely against the nature of pups to be that way. It seemed like it was a hurt she could do so little to help however. "She's four months old. I somehow doubt she'll forget this unfortunately..." Savina was almost certain that this event would be burned into Cambria's memory for the rest of her days.

The woman nodded her head as he spoke. It was true, if there had been no problems with disloyalty so far chances were there wouldn't be. The only person who had been angry at the meeting had been Brooklyn, but as far as she knew the girl had cooled down since then. Maybe Mati had talked some sense into her, made her realize that Naniko truly wasn't the wolf they had all known. Even if the pale female ever returned to the pack, she knew that that trust was lost forever. What had happened was unacceptable, perhaps even unforgivable. Maybe she was being too harsh, but at the moment she could see no way of restoring that friendship. This time it had been damaged beyond repair. "Yes, I think it will be alright. Everything has been going as well as can be expected so far."

She took a deep breath and rolled her shoulders, closing her jeweled orbs for a moment. She was worn down by everything that had happened and she felt haggard. Maybe she didn't look that way, but she certainly did feel that way. "I wish I could just take a vacation, get away for a bit. Now isn't exactly the ideal time however," she said with a weary laugh. Would she ever have time for a vacation while she was Commander? Probably not. Not unless it was absolutely necessary for some reason or another. Alphas really couldn't be absent for long periods of time. Things could happen and change so quickly that it really couldn't be afforded.

[/html]
[html]

Thought this might be a good place to do a fade out. [: Feel free to reply again or to close here, whichever works best for you ^^

#$%@Four months? What had he been doing around that time? Anselm had relatively few memories prior to his one-half year mark--ah, the joys of repressed memories. He could vaguely recall a few fleeting mental images from his younger childhood: the rough layout of his birth den, the face of the first puppy he'd killed and the silence of the forest around them... that was about it. Perhaps Savina had a much better memory than he did--maybe her mind hadn't had holes riddled throughout it by the the acidic burn of trauma or the blurry haze of drugs. His head tipped lightly in question, though he soon thought better of it. Sometimes it was best to leave his mildly distorted perceptions of reality (and normalcy) where they stood, for at this point to correct the beams he'd have to rebuild the entire foundation. That took a lot of work, energy, and stress, and Anselm thought he had to deal with enough of that just by existing.

#$%@She spoke of a vacation, and he couldn't help but laugh lightly to himself. "Perhaps nothing extravagant, no; yet there are always little things you can do in the meanwhile," he offered. Maybe that was what had initially driven her former leader to use--a vacation of the mind was sometimes just as rejuvenating as a vacation of the body. As she obviously disapproved of this particular solution, they'd have to find another. Her mate ruled sex out, but he wouldn't let her overlook something simple and refreshing--something that made the old feel young again and the young full of life: play. He rose suddenly to his feet, lightly, then dropped down into a bow with a soft woof, his tail waving above him playfully. His forelimbs brushed along the soft grass for only a moment before he danced forward, lightly bumping into her and tagging her with his nose. Now he pivoted and bolted off into the surrounding forest, ears back and tongue lolling, just into the neutral lands that surrounded Crimson Dreams.

#$%@It was an invitation to race, to wrestle, to holler and shout, to be belligerent, to release; it was an invitation to escape, if only for an hour or so before they were both forced to get back to their lives.

table by Amber <3
[/html]
[html]
Sounds good to me! Big Grin 300+

Savina had no idea how much of a harsh childhood Anselm had, though she did think that what happened as a child greatly shaped who you were as an adult. So despite however bad it had been, the hybrid was not a bad person in her view. Whatever hardships he had faced he had risen above them to become who he was today. Of course he would have his flaws, but everyone did, herself included. At times she was very insecure and unsure of herself. There was also the matter of her anger. It hadn't caused her many problems recently thankfully. The only one to face the wrath of monster within had been that loner, and he had asked for it. He couldn't keep traipsing onto her land and harming her members and family without facing consequences. Hopefully he hadn't been so stupid as to miss this lesson this time around.

Her smile broadened at his statement and she looked at him with curiousity. "Oh? Did you have something in mind?" Though the answer came immediately and non-verbally. She watched as Anselm took on the playful stance of a puppy and her tail began to wag in excitement. There were very few she actually played with, aside from pups themselves, but this seemed like a perfect solution to give her a bit of a vacation and take her mind off her problems. Just as she stood up he tagged her and she lightly snapped after his retreating form. A short bark issued from her and she took off after him with ease. The Italian wolf was made for speed and a race sounded just fantastic. Long limbs stretched and already she could feel her worries slipping from her shoulders. She wondered if he was as quick as his daughter Maserati had claimed to be. Well, now was the time to find out.

[/html]