Bad News is Good News
[html]

WC:300+

Mahlouk was gone. was that just it? Was there no reasons, no letter, no trace of the man left? He had patiently been waiting for the strange white lover of his to return home but it had been weeks! And still there was no answer. He had slept alone every night and the sweet scent of Mahlouk was slowly disappearing completely from the red rooms walls and from the chocolate, grey, and white furs the covered his bed. Was he such a bad provider that every lover he had decided to up and leave without any notice. It was so frustrating! Here he was a big ol' Scott like his father and he couldn't even keep a mate around for more then a couple months at a time. He brought home prey for them, made blankets of furs for their comfort and was willing to run all around the land to get whatever they may require. Still, they never stayed.

His thoughts swirled in his head as he stubbornly walked around the boarders, waiting for something to take his mid off od things. He had even gone threw the trouble of shifting down into his Secui form. Yes, he enjoyed walking around on two feet but when he hunted he was always found in this form. Huge on four legs, that was simply the best way to take down prey, and it made it fairly easy to take down enemies as well. In this case he just felt like being big and intimidating to the world his own private message for others to leave him to his thoughts as he circled the territory practically begging for a fight. He didn't want to think about Mahlouk or Garnet, or his miscarried daughter. He could have been a father by now, she could have been almost an adult, and he would have been happy. But Karma just hated him. "Stupid Karma." He spat.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... Tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #D8FF00 solid; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">
Shhh, I am posting from work. Big Grin

Geneva was hesitant to venture this close to Crimson Dreams. It was a bittersweet trek from Phoenix Valley to Crimson Dreams. She had been indecisive about choosing her path. It was heartrending and strange to retrace her footsteps backward, and to return to the borders of a place that once embodied everything that meant home to her. She had left so much behind her - friendships, memories, and pieces of her heart that she could never reclaim again. Her experiences were in the past, but her heart still reacted as though she were approaching the present sometimes.

Her last encounter within Crimson Dreams had not been a positive one. Although Savina had told Geneva that she would always be welcome, Anu had left her with a much different message. Monstrous in form and clearly aching inside, the woman had banished Geneva from the borders, telling her that she was no longer welcome. The gray woman had not done anything wrong, had not breached any sort of pack protocol. That incident had been derived from a melding and breaking of hearts. It had been a personal issue, but still Geneva hesitated. Things had changed, and Crimson Dreams did not feel remotely like home anymore. It was a place on a map, a place in memory that was significant, but nothing more than that.

The gray female did not have the advantage of having a working sense of smell. Instead, she had to rely on her knowledge and memory of the old borders. She was cautious not to cross an invisible line, conscience of the fact that she now existed wholly apart from this pack, no longer even a working part of it. She was not an intruder, a stranger - but the most she could be now was a visitor here. Her lime green eyes lit up when she saw a familiar dark shape. She cantered toward him and stopped a few feet away. Even in his lupus form, his presence was still impressive. Geneva, thin and small-boned, delicately structured, felt like a child standing beside him. She was slight and he was a massive presence. "Hello Jazz. How have you been?" she said softly.
[/html]
[html]

The silence of the forest helped him think. There where to many wolves around the mansion this early in the morning. The forest, however, was just starting to wake up and only the sound of singing birds interrupted his thoughts making him unsure of what he was doing. Why was he patrolling the boarders instead of looking for Naniko. It had been a couple weeks at least since Savina had reassured him that looking for Naniko was okay. He had been to Halifax searching already and had run into a strange male with dyed fur and a multicolored necklace going by the name Strelein. His presence had been quite unwelcome by the warrior on a mission but, after he had stopped and talked to the male he had turned out to be an alright guy. Jazper stopped and patted his eye slightly. It had felt strange waking up that morning and looking in the mirror. That same annoying stranger had given him his new tattoo, a yellow sun around his left eye.

His parent's believed in the god of the sun who was known by Apollo, Great Hunter, or Great Warrior. He delivered the sun and had a mane of fire. He was immortal along side his wive, the goddess of the moon. He had wished since he was a boy to one day be as great as Apollo. His ears twitched as the sound of paws approaching caught him off guard. Spinning around his lips pulled back in a snarl at until his name was called. "Geneva!" He yipped with a large smile as he closed the space between them and nuzzled her in a warm welcome. Taking a few steps back he started to chatter away, "Well, I got this new tattoo thing yesterday. Figured it might help me move on and look forward to the future. It's suppose to resemble seeing through the eyes of the sun god. Dad always said he was this immortal protector and hunter. Other then that been having a bit of a hard time for the past week but life goes on." Sitting himself down on the forest floor he tilted his head, "What have you been up to? Haven't seen you around forever. I was starting to think you weren't going to come back and say hi to me." He teased with a wink.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... Tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #D8FF00 solid; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">
The Phoenix Valley wolfess was taken aback by the enthusiastic welcome the larger male wolf had given, and it showed plainly in the lines of her delicate features. She stared, lime green eyes wide, for a moment before her face broke into a beaming smile. She hadn't realized how much she had missed Jazper, although she hadn't known him very well. He had still played a key role in Crimson Dreams when she had been part of this pack, and it was nice to see him.

Her lime green eyes traveled his face, noting the new splash of color against his otherwise dark pelt. It was a bit startling to see at first, but as the big wolf explained the tattoo's significance, Geneva began to see how it seemed to fit on his face. It didn't seem to stand out from his features, instead it seemed an integral part of them.

"I like it, Jazz," she said after he had paused. "It suits you." She had only ever seen one other wolf with tattoos, the strange, mysterious woad-marked wolfess from Dahlia de Mai. She spared a thought for the strange, thoughtful wolfess before she returned to the situation at hand. "I have been well, for the most part...although I feel as though it has been a lifetime since the last time we spoke." It could have been a lifetime, so much had changed for the gray wolfess. "What's been going on here? Is everyone all right?"
[/html]
[html]

"Thank you." He said with a curt nod. He had stared at himself for quite some time in the mirror since he got the new fashion statement. It had worried him that it wouldn't look good, that it wouldn't look the way he saw in his mind. The first time he saw it he had stared for an hour. It was definitely a different look then he had seen around. Dyed fur he had seen, and very few wolves he had met had a small tattoo or pattern of sorts. Both of his ex-mates had spotted patterns around their eyes. Purhaps, just maybe, his was his way of saying he was still growing, still moving even if someday's all he wanted to do was see one of his loves.

It was strange the lessons life passed you. Never knowing at first what the lessons are, only knowing how you feel in the moment. Eventually though, you grew past the hurt and pain and could look back. Garnet hadn't been right for him. He had thought so until she ran away. Maybe he needed someone with the same loyalty as him, the same experience as him. Looking at Geneva he sighed and his smile vanished. "Everything's been a little crazy here." He answered as honestly as possible. The first time he had met Geneva had been in the library, she was quite the educated wolf. More educated then most anyways. "Savina and Kansas had pups together and one of them, Cambria, had a bit of an accident because Nani was using drugs." Honesty was the best policy, he reminded himself. "Naniko got kicked out until she returns drug free." His golden eyes lost their gleam, the shining glint that usually trickled off of the yellow had faded. "As for me, two mates have ran away without much explanation and I'm a tad fed up with the lack of loyalty others possess." He cleared his throat slightly. He had always though of himself as a loyal warrior, loyal to his parents, his mates, his leaders, even loyal to anyone that would ask for it. It scared him that others would be so unreliable. "How's your pack? Any news?"

[/html]
[html]
She listened as the large Scott imparted the news of the ongoings of her old pack. She frowned when she heard some of the news. Clearly, much had happened in the several weeks since she had encountered Anu, in Secui form, at these borders. No wonder she had seemed so on edge and so changed. It sounded as though matters had been turbulent in Crimson Dreams, and that everyone had bee effected in some way or another. Although Jazz did not speak of being directed part of the incident with Naniko, it was clear to see that he was distressed by the issue.

The Phoenix Valley wolfess was also troubled by this turn of events. She could no imagine Naniko sinking into an addiction, and could not dream that she would somehow endanger any member of her pack, least of all a pup. There was obviously a missing element to this story, a piece of the puzzle that did not quite fit. Geneva did not speak of it, intent only to listen. She was worried for Cambria, but she knew that Jazz would mention if the puppy had been adversely effected any further. Geneva had not had much contact with the Marino litter, but she had been there when Savina had realized her pregnancy, and she had also been there when the trio of pups had been born.

"I'll keep a look out for Naniko," Geneva promised before Jazz began to speak again. His concern for the white woman was so clear in his voice and in the look on his face. The gray wolfess was also worried about the white female. Silently, she decided that when she had the time, she would look throughout the neutral territories and see if Naniko was all right. "I am sorry about your mates," Geneva said sincerely. She knew what it was like to lose the one she loved best, but Jordan had not willfully left her. Death had taken him from her, and so this situation was different. "There will come a time and a person who is worth all of your love and loyalty. I know that you are a good protector and provider. And a good friend."

Then the woman spoke of her own pack. "Things at Phoenix Valley have more or less been all right. There have been good things, and bad things. Our subleader has departed, hopefully to better things. Our Patriarch has taken on much of the responsibility, and we are all doing our best to pick up the slack." The gray wolfess took a breath. "There was some tension between my pack and the Inferni clan, but there was no conflict that I know of." Geneva shrugged. She was glad to say that things were dying down. "As for my personal life, I've met someone...someone I think will be good for the long run. But we're taking things slow. It's our nature."
[/html]
[html]

Geneva's instant choice to keep a look out for Naniko was reassuring. Naniko would always mean so much to the members of Crimson Dreams. She had lead them, been a friend to them, had her children there. He would give anything to have the old Naniko back home. He had grown up with her around, hell she had been around longer then his adoptive parents where. She stayed and was a constant in his life when no one else, except for Savina and purhaps Anu. Growing up without a proper family, with no living relatives , it made you realize just how important your pack was. He had been born to two loners , in the middle of a valley and had spent most of his pup hood with just him and his folks. It wasn't until they had been attacked that he discovered the world of packs. It really was a wonderful system, everyone looking out for each other.

Geneva's words where wise and right. He knew deep down that one day he'd find someone who would be loyal to him. Someone he could spoil, love, and protect. There just had to be! "I know, someday." He reassured himself. Her news was expected, the usually some good some bad flow of the pack lands. With the mention of inferni he chuckled a little, "I think we all have had our troubles with inferni." As for her own love life he was pleasantly surprised that his ex pack mate was having such luck. Not that she wasn't beautiful or anything, he just was happy and surprised to hear it. "Well then!" His once off mood was now brighter, his eyes shining with approval. "Well slow can be good, I suppose I rushed some parts of love. I seem to just want a family too much to be patient with the idea." He nodded his own agreement to his statement. "May I ask for the name of the lucky man?"

[/html]
[html]
Geneva felt the slightest bit shy to bring details of her personal life into the daylight, but she just shook her head and smiled a moment. It wasn't that she did not trust or feel comfortable around Jazz, but she hardly ever shared her personal life. She was not one to go into the finer details, and so she had to overcome a natural inhibition and think about it before she would actually speak.

"His name is Jefferson," Geneva said softly. Jefferson had come to mean so much to her, although they had both not had much time for each other in the recent weeks. The position of Patriarch was demanding of his time, and Geneva had her own duties to attend to. They both resided in the same ranch, and spoke to each other in passing, but they had not truly had time to themselves since the day in Firefly Fields.

Geneva laughed then. "We haven't even broached the topic of a family. I haven't even thought of one. We're both so busy, and we're still trying to figure each other out." Geneva could understand Jazz's need to put down roots and have ties of blood. She was somewhat familiar with his background, and knew that he had no living relatives. Geneva's own family had been scattered to the winds, and she had not seen anyone of blood relation except her father as he died, for almost a year.
[/html]
[html]

OOC: wrap up time? Tongue

Jefferson. It was a good strong name, hopefully belonging to someone who did the name good. He secretly stashed the name away. Maybe he would stop in on Phoenix Valley someday and with some luck have a run in with this Jefferson guy. He must be some sort of man to turn turn Geneva's head. In his mind he started visualizing the man. Silent chuckled echoing in his mind as he visualized wolves that where tall and broad like himself, to short and chubby unlike any wolf he had seen before. Was it even possible for a wolf to be chubby? It was probably possible in Crimson Dreams with the mansion and large stock of food. Himself, he couldn't imagine allowing himself to just live off the pack like that, it wasn't right. As long as he lived with Crimson Dreams he would protect and provide for everyone as much as he could everyday. Besides, hunting was exciting!

His mind finally left his amusing thoughts and returned to the grey wolfess. Her words where true for herself, but not for him. He wanted a family so bad it actually pulled at his heart. He wanted to be a father. He had had a lover twice and lost a family once and still, he had no blood relative. He wanted his pups to grow up here, surrounded by pack mates, love and affection. But, the family life wasn't for everyone "Well it sounds like you two know that you need your time to grow together and such." He was so bad at waiting, he was just an impatient pup when it came to family and love. "Maybe you two wont need a family. It's not like there's a rule saying you have too." Though, in his mind, there always was and always would be. Two people in love were just completed by child. Maybe this wasn't the case though. "Someday I'll be as lucky as you Geneva. Maybe I need to find a pack full of females, maybe then I'll find the right girl." He chuckled with a wink.

agreement to his statement. May I ask for the name of the lucky man

[/html]
End here. Smile.

The gray wolfess could almost taste the flavor of Jazper's yearning for a family on the back of her tongue. It was palpable, like something in the air. She wanted to comfort her friend, but she knew better than to intone her thoughts any further. It was a moot point. The man wanted blood ties, and someone to love. That required flesh and blood instead of the mere ghost of words. And words were all the woman had to offer. She wished there was some other way she could ease his suffering, some way to fill the void inside of him. But she had to swallow the fact that she was helpless to solve this problem.

She did laugh at Jazz's small joke. It was a soft sound. And she moved forward to brush her muzzle fondly against his. Someday, she was certain, he would get what he wanted. Geneva hadn't even been looking for love, and it had surprised her, time and again since she had arrived here. She suspected that Jazper would encounter love in the least likely place, and that when it finally did come for him, he would have a good stretch of time to consider it.

Geneva was not the sort to dive right into a situation. It used to be because she was so uncertain of herself, but now she had grown in confidence. She was cautious by nature and did not trust her own heart. She was far more comfortable with her thoughts, and she could not figure out emotion. It was irrational. She felt secure with patterns and logic. But, however irrational, she knew that her feelings for Jefferson were true. And from her strange feelings, she had derived a choice, to love and choose him above all others. It put the power back in her hands.

"I think I need to get back to the Valley," Geneva said, smiling apologetically. "If you're ever in the area, please visit me. You're always welcome," she said before turning back toward home.