Music Feeds My Soul
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ableII.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
WC: 300+

OOC: Is It alright if we back date this to yeasterday (July 23) I just started a new thread where he's convinced Mahlouk is, for sure, gone.

Silence. Why did he always wake up to silence lately? His yellow eyes peeked open only to conclude that his snowy mate had once again not been to bed with him. Purhaps something was wrong, or purhaps he had left. Maybe, just maybe, he wasn't actually coming home. His face dropped as he rolled on to his side trying to push the thought away. He'd be back tomorrow for sure this time. Shifting his weight he placed his feet on the ground, forcing himself to stand up and keep moving, His body was tiered of his life drama. When would thing just go as planned? Slipping on his beige, knee length, shorts he opened his bedroom door and started downstairs. He needed a release.

When things went wrong he knew he would always have Savina, Anu, and Naniko. Or at least he thought he would always have Naniko. However, he had already bothered them all when Garnet left, he couldn't bother them a second time. He couldn't let them see that he was broken, that he felt weak and pitiful All he wanted to do was hide away and deal with his emotions the only way he knew how that wouldn't effect his pack. He needed his music. Staggering along the large halls he finally found himself where he wanted to be. Turning he looked at the grand entrance, two large dark wood doors with large, elegant handles. "Finally" he sighed as he pulled open the doors. He walked in a quicker manner towards the center of the Library. Stopping he stared, almost relieved at his piano and violin. Had he forgotten to put the violin away? Shrugging he lifted the wooden internment to his shoulder and took hold of the bow with his right hand. Slowly, he allowed the bow to be drawn across the thin strings, his poor mood being released through a slow, emotional lullaby.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... matatf.jpg); background-position: top center; padding-top: 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Yup! That’s fine with me! ^=^ And Jaz and Amata have met before, right?
Oh! And Jaz and Cwmfen need a thread sometime in August so that she can give him Boo, ^=^
300+

Having woken, Amata slipped quietly away, making sure that she didn’t wake or bother anyone. Her little paws carried her quietly—she was still practicing that quiet-walk because she wanted to hunt. Even though she wouldn’t admit it aloud, and she definitely wouldn’t admit it to him, she thought that Air-es being able to hunt was very amazing and cool. But she was not happy with Air-es, because he had hurt her and he had hurt her feelings. She had only wanted to play, and he had hurt her! That had made Amata very sad, and so she had cried, and she had told Mamma, and so Mamma must have done something to make it better. And that made Amata feel a little better. She was still cheerful that morning, but the soreness in her shoulder still reminded her of how mean the older, grey-coloured boy had been, and she didn’t like meanness.

The creamy pup changed her approach, crouched low as if she were hunting something—and she was, so she pounced on it heavily. But it was dust, and it simply flew away on the moving rush of air. And so, when she looked under her paws and found nothing, she smiled and giggled at the nothingness before continuing on her way, her head swaying back and forth as she sang a tuneless song that had a cheerful, bubbly rhythm. But her song was suddenly disrupted by another song, and it was not someone singing. It was a pretty sound! The white puppy smiled brightly as she wondered what it was, abandoning her practice of stealth and leaping up to run after the sound on the air, her claws scraping noisily on the ground.

The blue and green eyes looked up at the tall library door before she went in, looking around as she paused, her ears pricked up in that alert way that puppies looked. And she smelled and found someone very familiar. Her tail wagged furiously as she ran to the gigantic black male. She stopped too late and bumped into his legs, but she only rolled over and righted herself, smiling up at him and his pretty music. "Jazz, Jazz!" She whispered loudly at him, as if she didn’t want to interrupt his playing. "How’s you doin’ that?" And this was very amazing too.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ableII.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

OOC:Yep, they've met a couple times. And yes, just start a thread whenever and PM me.

The music calmed his emotions and mind. He hated when he couldn't stop questioning things. As a boy he often had been told he talked to much or was given a look for asking to many questions. As he grew up he fond that music seemed to be the key of quieting his chatty ways and often left him very calm and melancholy. It felt better to feel focused and at peace. His temper tucked itself away once more deep within his massive structure. However, his peace and quiet didn't last as long as he would have liked as scampering feet and the sound of claws oh the flooring. He flinched slightly, the wood floor had already taken its wear and tare of two sets of pups, himself included. Amata's small cream body came tearing into the library and her 'whispers' finally forced him to stop playing. She may not have wanted to really interrupt his playing, but what could you tell the pup?

Smiling down at her he chuckled under his breathe as she bumped into his leg. Squatting down he Put the violin on the piano and placed his elbows on his knees and mimicked in a load whisper, "Amata, Amata!" He laughed aloud now as he Picked up the little girl in his large paws and half jumped into the air, bringing his arms and the pup above his head and spinning her in the air before pulling her into a bear hug against his chest. He sat down on the piano bench and put her beside him. Reaching for his violin and bow he brought the two back into position. "This is called a violin. All you do to make the sound is bring the bow and move it along the strings while moving your figures over here" He wiggled the figures on his left hand. Putting the instrument back down on the piano. "It's an instrument that you need hand to play, which you'll be able to do when your older." Pushing a key on the piano he smiled, "This, this is a piano. You can play this alright for now. Most things will get easier once you older though." His heart fluttered a little remembering that he had taught Haven about the piano when he had been Amata's age. Where the boy had gone off to now, he didn't know.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... matatf.jpg); background-position: top center; padding-top: 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Okay, cool! And sorry about the quality of this post—I don’t know where my brain is! OnO
300+

At the sound of her name being called in return, the young girl bounced up, her tail wagging as her neck craned back so that she could see him. She smiled brightly. But when he suddenly picked her up, her mouth making a round ‘o’ as she uttered a, "Woah!" The world was moving like a whirlwind around her, and her round eyes struggled to watch all the colours. But she found that if she just watched Jazz, things were less crazy. And then suddenly he had let go of her, and she screamed and squealed in delight, only slightly afraid. But she felt safe with Jazz, and this was just like rolling down the hill, only it was like flying in the air, like a bird or a butterfly. Giggling, she nuzzled him in return, her little nose burrowing in his chest as she smiled and closed her eyes, her tail continuing to wag. A quiet was made before she was set on the seat next to him.

She watched, amazed, as he picked up the violin and silently demonstrated the way in which it was used. For a moment, the Sadira pup simply sat there, not knowing what to say. "A bi-lin?" The blue and green eyes watched the strangely shaped instrument intently. "That’s amazing!" Amata looked back at the large, black male and smiled. It was also amazing to the pup that a pretty sound like the sound that she had heard could be made by a boy! She was only just learning that there were not necessarily such strict gender boundaries as she thought. When he told her that she needed hands to play the violin, she paused and looked down at a paw that she lifted, staring at the paw pads beneath and wondering why her paws wouldn’t work. Even the piano, he said, would be easier when she was older. "I’s wants to grows up now," the young voice said suddenly, looking at the yellow eyes, "so that I’s cans plays the bi-lin and pi-no, too." There was a little pout on her muzzle. Sometimes it wasn’t so fun being small. She was even sure that if she had been bigger, Air-es Chance wouldn’t have hurt her.

[/html]
[html]

OOC:Sorry about the wait D:

Amata always knew how to cheer up the giant. As a matter of fact, pups just seemed to know how to cheer everyone up. That is, unless you where some grouchy old man. Pups where so adorable and said the strangest things. He had once been an adorable little pup, back before life happened. He remembered wagging his tail and skipping along. A tiny black pup with stunning yellow eyes, without a care in the world. Just him and his parents living in a cave on the side of the mountains. He missed those days, the innocent days. A small smile graced his lips as he let Amata be her pup self. He simply nodded at her attempt at saying Violin, and once more when she wished he could be older. His ears lifted at her pout, had he upset her. Patting the girl on the head and sighed, "Every pup wants to grow up. But trust me, you'll grow up when your ready and then you'll be able to play before you know it." His golden eyes shifted to the side.

Should he? The little girl could use a bit of an adventure and purhaps he could give one to her. Then again, the passage was a secret. "Follow me Amata." He said calmly and he got up from the piano bench. "Tell me, what's been going on in your life, love?" He questioned with a glance and wink down at the tiny pup stopping in front of a picture. The frame was abnormally large, a portrait of what was a simple sean of a gate leading to a garden. He paused and look at the girl and squatting down to be more level with her. "I have a secret I'd like to share with you. Just between you and me. I keep my treasures in this secret place where no one can get to but me." Well, that wasn't really true, it was only a three number code, anyone with enough patience could figure it out. "Would you like to see it if you promise not to tell anyone about it?"

[/html]
[html]

300+

The pup’s expression brightened as the big black wolf patted her on the head. Beaming, she looked up at him and nodded. "I’s guesses I’s can waits," she said with a little shrug, but she knew that she could wait. Even though she wanted to be big and grow up so that she could do the many exciting things that adults did, she didn’t want to grow up because she didn’t want to do the boring things that adults did. The white puppy liked what she did, and she liked to play and have fun. So while she wanted to play the bi-lin like Jazz did, and while she wanted to hunt and read and shift, she was content with being small and playing in the tall grass. After all, that’s what little girls were supposed to do, and she was a little girl. As the golden eyes shifted in their line of vision, Amata tried to follow his gaze. She found nothing in particular that caught her interest, and so she looked back to Jazz, a question in her eyes.

When he commanded her to follow, Amata rose up immediately. For a moment, she simply stood there on the bench, looking down as she took small steps to and fro, assessing the distance and trying to find the best place to jump down from. Finally, as Jazz told her to tell her about her life, Amata jumped, landing clumsily upon the hard floor with a soft squeak. "Ow!" she grumbled as she picked herself up off the floor and ran after Jazz with the sound of her claws chasing after her. "I’s jus’ been playin’ and stuffs. Sometimes I plays with Cambi too, when she feels likes it." There was a slight pause. "Once, I gaved her a cat-pill so that she could watches him grow into a butterfly!" She wagged her tail happily, because Cambi had liked that present very much and so Amata had been very happy. As she spoke, she watched the picture that they had stopped in front of, wondering why they were looking at it.

And then Jazz knelt beside her. "A secret!" she exclaimed excitedly. "Yous cans shares it with me!" Her tail wagged happily, liking that big Jazz could trust her with a secret. "There’s treasures in theres?" she asked in an excited whisper, her neck craned out to lean in and speak with a ‘secretive’ atmosphere. "I woulds likes to sees it very muches," she confirmed with a very solemn nodd, her blue and green eyes serious despite their excited twinkle. She would keep his secret and not tell anyone, because that was what good secret keepers did. "And I’s keeps you’s secret forever!"

[/html]
[html]
WC: 500+

He looked over the pup silently wondering how she had managed to hurt herself jumping off of a stool. After all, when he was a pup he didn't fall off stools, he fell off rocks on top of a mountain! At the mention of Cambria his ears flattened. He had never had siblings to play with or look after him. That was just how it had always been. It must have been hard on Savina's pups to see their sister feeling so put out after the drug incident. His listened carefully with his smile never fading. "That was very kind of you Amata." He praised her. "I would have liked very much if I had a sister like you when I was a pup. You see I grew up with just my parents and I until I joined a pack called Jaded Shadows. Of course, that pack isn't around anymore." He rambled on slightly.

He nodded simply, yes there was treasure in there. "Well, I have some treasure, and some things that are treasures to me. Things I want to keep for a long long time." He chattered as he stood up, with her final agreement to keep the room as a secret, and looked on the side of the painting. Around the middle, about 5 feet up, there was three tiny dials about the size of your little fingers nail. He rolled the dials until the number showed, 316. A very soft click was hear from the inside. Amata's excitement had made him forget his poor mood that morning. He swung open the painting to reveal a miniature hall with an opening to the right. He motioned for her to follow as he entered the hidden room.

The room was about the size of most bedrooms in the manor. Bigger then the regular houses rooms, but way smaller then the library. Concrete walls lined the square room, with a large glass circle allowing the sun to shine through. for now the room was fairly bare. On the far wall there were rows of strange instruments, some he didn't even know the name of, and few that he actually could play. The opposite wall had hooks with various weapons on it. He had chosen that wall for the weapons because there was a glass barer that could be slid open at various parts if you unlocked it. Much like he had seen in some of the larger broken down stores. The key was left in the big desk within the room. "See these, they all make music like the piano and violin. There are so many instruments I don't even know the name of all of them!"

He chuckled happily then he speed walked over to the desk and pulled out a box from underneath it. Gold, sapphire, ruby, you name it. This box held the real treasures that he had collected form Halifax over the past year. Placing it in he center of the room under the sunroof his golden eyes gleamed, "All these things are my own private collection. The humans used the stuff in this box to show off how much money they had." Pausing he realized Amata may not know about money, most didn't, Humans had to give something called money to other humans to get food,toys and other things."

[/html]
[html]

500+

Jazz’s praise made Amata smile. She was glad that she had been able to cheer her sister and make her a little happier, and it felt a little good that someone had recognized her efforts. The little pup wagged her tail. "I’s juss not wanted Cambi to be sad anymores." And that was the truth. "Yous didn’ has a sister?" To the puppy, who had a sister, and had met other pups with sisters, that was very strange. It was unheard of! "But thas okays," she said comfortingly. "Yous had your mamma and your dadda to loves yous!" The little girl was still naïve about the workings of the world. To her, every family was innocent and happy, and nothing could go wrong. And her mind couldn’t yet register the bigger ideas of the world. The ordeal that had brought Naniko down and that had hurt Cambi could not be understood by Amata. She knew only that her sister was suddenly sad and that she would try to make her better. Even the unfamiliar words, such as ‘Jadeshadows’, did not sink in and, at times, went unnoticed thusly.

Amata watched curiously as the large male stood and touched something that made funny clicking noises like the grasshoppers sometimes made. And then, suddenly, much to the girl’s surprise, a door appeared and opened. For a moment, she stood there with her mouth in the shape of a little ‘o’ before she ran after the large male. She felt as if she had stepped into a magical portal that would lead to a magical world.

The room was strange and empty, and yet, at the same time, it was filled with so many things that the little girl thought that her senses might over load. She tried to consider the wall where things were hanging, but she couldn’t register them. She didn’t even know what they were. And so she was dumbfounded, unable to speak for once. But Jazz seemed to understand, and he explained everything with great clarity. The little girl slowly looked up at the giant black wolf, amazed by his collection and by these ‘instruments’ themselves. "All of them make musics?" She stared at the many numerous things that were instruments, some of which had funny shapes. There were so many, and she could not believe that each one made music. But maybe, she thought, they were like the birds. But then, there were not as many birds as there were instruments, were there?

The jewels sparkled in the light, creating rainbows upon the walls. Amata gawked, staring silently as she slowly scanned the room, her small mouth open as if she might capture all those sparkles as her muzzle slowly moved along. And it seemed as if the little girl didn’t even notice the box in which the jewels resided and from which the sparkles originated. But then, Jazz was speaking and her attention was practically torn from the sparkles that glittered like the dew drops did. But unlike the dew drops, these sparkles didn’t disappear when she walked or moved against them. "Wows!" she exclaimed, her voice somehow between an awed whisper and an excited exclamation. "And you founded all of these human things?" Swiftly, Amata scurried over, her claws scraping excitedly upon the floor. Leaning up on her back legs, she placed her front paws over the edge of the box, her wide eyes looking in. It was like the treasure of the dragons in all the stories. "Yous are likes a dragon, Jazz!" She giggled happily before she paused, the large male’s words finally sinking in. "This iss what moneys looks likes?" And then she paused again. "What iss moneys?"

[/html]
[html]

The joy of a pups question. Amata seemed so naive to the real world. If she only knew that not only did he not have a pack as a child, no sibling, but now he had no mother or father either. Looking at the pup now, so innocent he almost wanted to hide the poor thing. "Nope, never had a sister or a brother. You're a lucky little girl. Your family all lives here with you and many of us would be willing to shower you with protection and attention when you need it. That's one of the joys of growing up with a pack dear." He explained in a sweet tone. He himself was willing to protect each new set of pups as they arrived. His heart silently hoping the little boy he had once taught to play on the piano was happy where he was.

He took a seat on a old squeaky, wooden chair as he let Amata marvel at the room and the little treasures he had collected. Her wonder brought hi such a deferent type of happiness. Nodding curtly he answered her easy questions, "Yep, all of them make music." Getting off the chair and sitting beside the box of treasures he searched through it carefully. He picked up a hat of sort, silver and shining with tiny jewels. Placing it on the little girls head he chuckled lightly, "There fit for a princess." He looked at her admiringly, maybe someday he'd have a daughter of his own. Nodding he spoke again, "You can find all sorts of treasures in the city. Humans left behind all sorts of things from furniture and tools, to necklaces and diamonds. I found all of these in the city." He had a passion for finding the little trinkets, they were all so beautiful. "Money was something the humans traded for goods." He explained. "Say you had a bunch of meat, and I wanted a piece. I'd give you a certain amount of money for a certain amount of food. That's how the humans lived. I'm afraid they weren't very good at sharing. As for this stuff, its a form of money yes." At least that's what he believed.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry about the wait!!
500+

The fact that Jazz had never had a brother or a sister brought a concerned frown to the little girl’s brow. "Nevers?" she repeated as if brothers and sisters came and went as they pleased (although her own brother and sister never worked that way). She supposed that, in this sense, she was a lucky girl. What would happen if she had not had Cambi or Got’am? There was a slight pause as the yellow-eyed male wolf continued his explanation. The blue and green eyes concentrated upon him for a great length as she listened, but she could not register the words that implied that he had once not been within the ranks of a pack. Instead, the words describing his lack of siblings continuously and incessantly rattled in her mind. What a troubling thought indeed! But then the girl came up with a wonderful idea! Instantly, her mood brightened and a smile lit up her face. Her tail wagged slowly behind her as if she were about to present a new and irrational idea that may not be accepted. And, in the girl’s mind, that was exactly what she was about to present. "I wills bes you’s sister.... And then I wills protects you and gives yous attentions!" A warm smile curled her little maw.

The room was strange, and the things inside were strange and wondrous. "Wows," she exclaimed, reconsidering each of the instruments. She wondered what sound each of them made. They couldn’t possibly create the same sound as the bi-lin, because they all were different and looked different from the bi-lin—and from the pi-no too. But they sat silently and the wall, and she had soon been distracted by the sparkly things. Amata giggled as the big male wolf placed a shiny hat on her head. Her tail waved happily as she carefully sat down and carefully stood still—she didn’t want it to fall off! "What iss this called, Jazz?" she asked, referring to the hat. "Maybes I’s should goes to the cities too," she speculated. Everything sounded so pretty, just like all the sparkly jewels in the box.

The bi-coloured eyes gazed back up at the hat that sat on her head. "Iss so pretties!" She beamed up at him, feeling every inch the princess. But as she smiled, her body shifted and the hat fell off. Before it had even hit the floor, Amata went running, afraid of the loud sound that it might make, and afraid that she might break something. Bumping into Jazz’s leg, she scrambled up into his lap, pressing herself against him, her ears flat against her head as she smiled a silly smile. "Oopsies."She hoped that it was okay.

Even more puzzling than the black wolf’s lack of siblings was his explanation of money. Her head tilted. Humans were so strange—just like with the yewling! "Theys traded these shiny things for foods? Why didn’s theys juss catches there foods like us?" It was all so strange—humans must have eaten strange things. The blue and green eyes considered the sparkly things in the box. "Why didn’ theys juss shares?" Sharing was good, and everyone should share.

[/html]