I hear the Voice of Raze and Ruin
[html]It could not have been anticipated and even if it could, there was nothing the wolves of Storm could have done to prevent it. The lands they had claimed for the territory these past six years had been good to them, all generations. In the end, though, it could not protect them from the unstoppable onslaught of winter gone bad. Not even the savviest wolf could tell that the magma flowing underneath Acheron Peak had ebbed upwards a bit, not enough to cause a deadly erupt but enough to warm the mountain's surface a bit. It was only a minor variance, but it was enough to warm and loosen the snow that had accumulated from the plentiful storms of the past month.

Just like a cascade of falling dominoes, one thing led to another and the snow began to collapse and fall, knocking down more snow as it hit the ground and gaining both mass and momentum at an exponential rate. Soon the falling snow had accumulated itself into a full-blown dread avalanche, heading directly towards the unsuspecting wolves living at the foot of the mountain. By the time anyone could hear the roar of the natural disaster it was too late. The entire northeastern quarter was swept away under the tumult of snow; the landscape in its path was annihilated. It stopped just short of the frozen river that chugged through the lands.

Fortunately the wolves of Storm all happened to be in the southern half of the lands at the time, save for one unlucky puppy…

Keep watching this space for team assignments! Come Sunday MONDAY I'll assign everyone to their teams and give the green light for the contest to begin. To sign up for the contest, just post in this thread.[/html]
Teams have been assigned! I've worked things out as best as I could, but I'm only human after all. Good luck to everyone!

Team 1:
Pilot (leader, thread starter)
Selene
Kansas
Kyuubi

Team 2:
Tamerlane (leader, thread starter)
Dierdre
Moon
Skoll (slot filler)

(If you're reading this Manda, I'm sorry. But Void actually expressed interest in joining before you did, and we only need one extra character. Besides, like you said yourself it wouldn't make sense for Faol to be there while she's pregnant.)

When starting your thread assume that a few minutes have passed since the avalanche, Phoenix has realized his daughter's in there and he's already organized the rescue teams. Posts should be no shorter than 200 words, and the first side to make three posts per character (maintaining post order) wins. After that happens I'll start a pack meeting thread for ALL members. Ready, set... find the puppy! *fires shotgun into the air*