[html]
eto aesalon
4 september 2007
luperci
coyote
male
dead.generator@hotmail.com
ad somewhere

The rain that pounded down endlessly on Eto's back seemed to be urging him forward, taunting him with its brutality, reminding him that he had no shelter against its chill. But today, Eto had found another of his lost emotions; determination. He had traveled alone against this sort of weather among others for too long and would have no more of it. Today, he would find himself a home, even if he had to fake enthusiasm and work ethic to find it. He needed a foundation to build upon if he ever wanted to turn himself into a man again, and where better to start than in a permanent residence.

His nose had brought him to the one place where the smell of coyotes was strongest, and upon setting his eyes on the wolf skulls that decorated the border, Eto quickly found sick satisfaction. This place already seemed more than perfect to him and for once he actually felt eager for the contact with another being. Waiting patiently at the border, the coyote licked raindrops from his fur where it had soaked, matting his fur down to his skin and making him appear very thin. At this thought, he shook himself twice, ridding his body of the excess water. But it was no use, the rain continued to poor down as he continued to wait.

[/html]
[html]
Hello there! Big Grin Hooray, "ad somewhere" makes me really happy, because I've been on an ad spree lately! Big Grin

The coyote woman was trekking the borders as usual. Though she was no longer a subordinate and certainly not a scout, Inferni's present lack of assigned scouting duty left her feeling anxious. They were not so strong that they could afford to miss even one potential member on the borders; their numbers had slipped as of late. Zana and Enigma were gone, two of her grandchildren disappeared in one single swipe. It saddened the woman immensely, and she felt as though another opportunity had slipped from her grasp. The weather matched her mood perfectly, and the rain did not bother her so much; the silvery coyote was accustomed to it after the weeks of downpour they had experienced. This summer was a wet one, to be sure.

There was little chance of her actually scenting a newcomer in this weather, so the coyote wandered on the border itself, zig-zagging between neutral land and claimed land, admiring the skulls as she passed. Her own recent contributions to the border decor were standing strong despite the weather, and the silvery hybrid was quite pleased with herself. She saw someone, seated and patiently waiting, as if queuing for acceptance to the clan. A grin flashed across the scarred muzzle for a moment, disappearing as she steeled herself to greet this newcomer. "Enjoying the weather?" she asked, revealing little through her body language and tone. To be certain, there was none of the needless dominant posturing of wolf society. It was pretty clear to the Veritas that this coyote wanted something, and the sodden scent odor she plucked from the rain told the cloud-colored hybrid that this coyote had no home.

[/html]
[html]
haha, perhaps it was your ad that brought me here then! (:

Eto did not expect a quick arrival. After all, the weather was poor and surely no one would be out and about scanning the borders for newcomers with rains like these. And so, the lone coyote curled himself into a tight ball upon the cold ground and prepared to brave the rains for quite some time. As it turned out, his assumption had been incorrect, the weather had not deterred all clan members, for very soon he felt as though he was being watched and turned to see a shape moving toward him.

Standing up quickly, he dipped his head in greeting and offered a half-smile at her sarcasm. "The rains are endless, it seems," he commented, looking around at the soaked and nearly flooded grounds. "I am Eto Aesalon and I've come in search of a home," he offered, short and to the point, Eto hoped to avoid any unnecessary questions, for he didn't want to lie about his past, he simply didn't want to share it.

[/html]
[html]
We'll never know for sure! I always post them under 'Souls' or 'Soulsie' if I'm feeling extra frisky. Tongue

Rain had never bothered the coyote woman much. She didn't revel in it, certainly, but neither did she allow it to interfere with life and her duties. Though she was not a designated scout, she was quite familiar with the job and what came along with it. She had never seen this coyote before, and as he introduced himself and stated his reason, she nodded, finding it favorable that he would jump straight to the point. Either there was eagerness or an understanding that from her angle these types of meet-and-greets were tedious, especially since she no longer held the authority to actually offer coyotes like Eto a home.

"Kaena Lykoi," she stated, giving a slight inclination of her head toward him. She placed one hand on her hip, the other dangling casually by her side. There was standoffishness there, but no hostility. "This is Inferni. We could always use more coyotes in our ranks, but what can you offer us?" She was honest with him—there was no point in pretending they were a fearsome clan of twenty-something when in fact their numbers had dipped to the low teens. They were certainly not strong enough to deny many anyone who had viable skills to contribute.

[/html]