Violent timing explains the aftermath
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... itar_t.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+

She had left him. He didn't understand it. Not one bit. For two days he had locked himself up inside the house, never leaving his bed and crying until he could not cry anymore. She had wanted to find her brother, but why the hell was he suddenly more important? She had never even known him. She had thrown it all away for a distant childhood memory. Haven had never hurt like this before. Nothing had ever cut him so deep and he had known true, agonizing pain before this. His mind was clouded and tortured. Why? Whywhywhywhywhy? The question rang through his head relentlessly. Had it all been a lie? Had everything she had ever told him been false? He thought it must be or she never would have done this to him.

On the third day he finally got up and traveled hollow eyed to the room that had been her's. Her scent still hung heavy in the air and it made his stomach turn. That smell that had once brought him so much joy now just made him sick. Staring into that room and at the things she had left behind a spark of anger grew inside of him. The youth's face turned into a deep frown. Haven walked inside the room and threw open the window, wanting to air out every trace of her perfume. Then he gathered all her belongings into his arms and stormed outside. The male stomped down to the beach and once he was at the ocean he flung it all into the surf. It all needed to be gone. Every last piece.

Then with a pained cry he turned and briskly walked back up towards the house. He grabbed the axe that he used to chop wood and then found a large log not too far away. He channeled all his hurt and anger into the axe and began to chop at the log without mercy. Jade eyes blazed and his hackles rose as the blade bit into the wood again and again and again. Splinters and chunks of bark flew to the sides as he chopped with unbridled rage.

[/html]
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... table1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
WC: 601

The little horse refused to leave his side. She had only been born hours earlier, her knobby knees and spindly legs clumsy as she struggled to keep pace with the tall Optime she had chosen as a parent. Her real mother had passed away during the birthing process, which pleased Jacquez to no end because it meant he could finally taste a horse without having to explain why he had hunted one. He had dragged the heavy carcass some ways from the stables, concealed it with some branches beneath the trees, and masked the scent trail with his acrid urine. And perhaps because she did not understand, or was simply to young to do anything other than mimic, the little filly kept stumbling and prancing behind him every step of the way. He continued to threaten that he would eat her too, but she merely blinked back at him with her soulful black eyes, trying to squeak out a semblance of a whinny.

So leaving his future feast hidden for that night, he wandered down to the beach, looking for something to interest him. Rue, the little filly, was fascinated by the shifting sand beneath her small grey hooves. She continued to snort and toss her mane excitedly, feeling the ground sinking where she stood, until she noticed the one-armed dog walking further away. He sighed exasperatedly as the paint filly thumped her head against his thigh, needy as ever. He did not know how he was going to feed her - he planned on locking her up in the paddock nights, assuming that other pregnant mares could nurse her. If horse herds were anything like wolf packs, they would all pitch in, right? Although dog packs let every member fend for themselves... so there was a chance she might starve through the night. Annoyed with this new responsibility, the capricious king was about to chase her back to the stables when he heard a loud, repeated thudding noise.

Since he had been looking for amusement anyway, he followed the inconsistent sound, finally making the connection to the day he had spent with Leroy in the woods - it was the sound of an axe. Assuming he would find the broad-shouldered husky, he unwound the thin line of deerskin from his wrist, the twine that he frequently used to tie back his dark mane. Using his teeth, he made a loop out of the excess, just wide enough to slip over Rue's neck. She huffed and tried to back out, but she had been collared. Squeaking unhappily, the bay-and-white filly could only watch as Jacquez planted a thick branch into the ground, making a stake to secure her tie to. "Serves you right for following me," he jeered, tickling her playfully under her velvety muzzle. "I'll be back soon, so do not make a ruckus." Then without a backward glance to his newest ward, he slipped between the trees, looking for the axeman.

He was met with an unexpected sight - the burnished-orange fur of Haven, his noble young knight, pulverizing some log before him into splinters. He was clearly enraged by something, because his strokes were sloppy and ferocious, his fur bristled all over. It was a fair way to unleash anger, he supposed. He preferred fighting, though. "Sir Haven!" he called over the noise of the chopping. "Why is it I, your king, who comes to calm you, and not your snowy princess? Should you not be spending time with her, rather than murdering trees?" He smiled at his own joke, unaware of just how far Haven had fallen.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... itar_t.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Whether or not his punch hits is up to you :3 300+

His vision was red as his arms continued to dish out punishment to the prone log before him. How could she do this to him?! How could she!? She was a liar. A no good rotten little liar. She had just fed him sweet words to get what she wanted from him and now that she had she was gone. What it was she had wanted he wasn't sure. Maybe she had just wanted to fuck with him. Make him fall for her and then leave him broken. Those thoughts only served to make the rage inside his chest burn hotter and his jaw clenched to the point he thought he might shatter his teeth. If she ever came back he would make her pay. He would make her understand what she had done to him. She would be sorry.

It was practically a miracle that he heard his King's voice over his frenzied task. But as his name was called out that axe head slammed into the wood one more time and then stayed there. Haven didn't move though. It was as if he were frozen in that position, back turned to Jacquez and hands on the handle of the axe. He also said nothing, lost in a sea of anger and pain. Though at the words "snowy princess" a growl rumbled deep in his chest and his face contorted into a snarl. Hands left the axe handle and balled into fists so tightly he could feel his claws digging into his palms. No. She was no princess, she was a witch.

His head whipped around and took in the sight of the collie mix, but Haven did not truly see him. He wasn't entirely sure what he saw for he was not in his right mind. Then like a bolt of lightening he was coming at Jac, one arm raised up and once he closed the distance that arm shot out to punch the other man right in the side of the head. Then he stood back, his body vibrating with restrained power. "SHE'S NOT MINE! SHE LEFT ME! THE LITTLE BITCH LEFT!" he roared. The Knight stood there for a few moments his chest heaving with each breath and then without warning the fire went out of his eyes and the snarl melted from his features. The vibration of his body turned to a shaking as he realized what he had just done. "Jac...I...I'm so sorry..." he stuttered, his eyes now wide with a kind of panic.

[/html]
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... table1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
A little short, and sorry for the delay! Ohh, and I finally figured out how to add hover-translations. Now his vulgarity is for all to see. C:

"Putain de merde!" he cursed in surprise, fangs baring out of instinct. His right arm moved to shield his face from the unexpected blow, but Haven had swung from the left, and he had no arm to block that side. The youth's fist thudded against Jacquez's hard skull, knocking the tall hybrid a pace backwards. Adrenaline lanced through his body, his own fingers balling into a fist as he sank into a fighter's crouch - but he did not need to defend himself further, as he soon noticed. Ruefully rubbing the darkening bruise on his temple, Jac watched warily as Haven began to tremble, the fire of anger receding from his brilliant emerald eyes.

So the petite Siobhan had left, then. And not on good terms, it appeared. He had no idea what had caused the abrupt separation - and by the look of it, neither did his Knight. Jac was probably the last person who could offer relationship advice, but he did know how flighty women could be. The collie-hybrid spat a small stream of blood - he had bitten his cheek by accident - and let the bristling hair down his spine fall flat. There would be no fight, unless Haven wanted to drown his problems with flying fists. He should be proud that he actually landed a hit... "Nice shot," he grumbled, frowning comically at the shorter male. "Elle te fait enculer, eh? You shouldn't take it so personally, then, if it never meant much to her. She was just playing around." That was why it was silly to want monogamy. It was not a feasible solution.

[/html]
[html]
No worries about the length or the wait. My muse and activity have been down the drain lately x.x And yay Jac cursings!

A dull ache was in his fingers and knuckles from where his fist had made contact with Jac's head. Gods, what had he done? He had just struck his king. A sick feeling took over his stomach and for a few moments he thought he might retch. Had he just sentenced himself to exile, or even more serious, death? With many monarchs the latter would be the case, but Jacquez was not like many monarchs. Though honestly, at this moment death seemed like a release to the Aatte. In death there would be no more pain. There would just be nothingness. To him that sounded like heaven.

As his liege spat out some blood Haven cringed. He had never struck anyone before, not out of anger, and especially not someone he was loyal to. He must be the worst knight to ever wear the title. Though when Jac spoke Haven was surprised. The youth had expected his King to come after him, retaliate, or at least reprimand him. But instead he was joking. Classic Jacquez he supposed, but he almost would have felt better being punished. Of course though, it was easy for the ladies man to dismiss what had happened. Not for Haven. "It may have not meant much to her, but it meant something to me..." She had ripped his heart out and stomped on it. Weakness overtook the hybrid and his knees went out and he fell unceremoniously to the ground, his shoulders slumped. How was he not supposed to take it personally?

[/html]
[html]
WC: 352
I hope your muse returns to you...! -cuddles-

In the pained silence that followed, Jac could hear scuffling behind the trees; his equine ward was apparently battling for her freedom as they spoke. His dark eyes narrowed, hoping that she would not succeed in her fight with the twine. Didn't Haven have a horse? He was the first of their packmates to have claimed one of the oversized deer. Perhaps the burnt-orange male would be willing to offer some animal husbandry advice, if he was done with his mood swings. (As if Jac was one to talk!)

Jacquez rubbed his bruising temple, gingerly probing the swelling side of his face. He had almost gotten a black eye - now, that would be unbecoming of royalty. Scars were fine, for attracting women drawn to danger. It was just harder to be flashy and handsome with puffiness and discolourations. The collie-hybrid raised an eyebrow, watching his Knight slump to his knees. When they first met, it had been similar to this. Only it had been about Haven's heritage, the father whose genetic predispositions had worried the good-hearted coy-wolf into depression. He had overcome that, and now he was back on his knees where he started, this time over the flighty albino that had slipped away in the night.

The king squatted on his haunches, resting his chin on his palm. He pursed his lips, trying to concoct the proper condolences for his younger packmate. He had never had his heart broken - indeed, had never felt anything stronger than a mild, frustrating disappointment - and there was no viable way for him to see things from Haven's point of view. He huffed aloud, bored by the failed effort, and decided instead to take a different tack. "Sir Haven, you know... you are strong, kind, handsome. I can see many ladies falling head over heels for you. Perhaps it would be easier on yourself to take another lover, one without torn loyalties to struggle with." He wanted to add that many lovers would be better than just one, but the Knight probably took his vow of chivalry more seriously than Jacquez ever would.

[/html]
[html]
Thanks, it's better now :3 *huggles* 300+

In the back of his mind another anger rose up, but this anger was directed at no one but himself. He shouldn't be looking this way in front of his King. So pathetic and defeated as he had been on their first meeting. How could Jacquez trust him to protect the pack when he was in such a state? Even though the monarch didn't know this, Haven had, until now, locked himself away for two days. What if some intruder had come into the pack and hurt someone? It was a completely plausible situation and it made him sick to think about. Maybe knights shouldn't fall in love, for when something like this happened they neglected what they were sworn to do. Still, he didn't know how to make himself feel any less effected by this. It was impossible in his mind.

He saw Jac move over to squat in front of him, but Haven couldn't bring his eyes to look at the collie's face. He didn't have the right to do that right now. Bi-colored ears twitched at his leader's words and he felt conflicted about them. Part of them sounded right, and the other sounded so wrong. Maybe it would be good to go out and find someone else, but would that be fair? That'd just be him looking to fill the void that Siobhan had left. Unlike Jac, it was nearly impossible for him to think of women as disposable affairs. The hybrid had too much respect for them. Yet at the same time, would that be better for his job? If he didn't let anyone in really then he couldn't get hurt like this. But did he really want to have such shallow relationships? Haven sighed deeply. "Maybe you're right but...I don't know if I could do that. I'm not like you Jac..." In that moment, for the first time, part of him wished that he were.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 300+

Jacquez acted flippant, and at most times was not capable of forming true attachments, but he did have a soft spot for what he considered strays. He liked when others looked up to him and relied on him, which was why he had not initially balked at the responsibilities of leadership. And Haven was one of the most valued followers in his kingdom, bright with youth and hope and idealism. The orange-furred coy-wolf certainly had his darker moments, and it seemed he took bad news harder than most, but... he was a good kid. Jac studied his slumped posture with his keen dark eyes, trying to calculate the words to pull his knight from where he had fallen.

"...That is true. You are not like me. You have kindness and mercy, and faith in the world. They are not traits unbecoming of you," he added in an offhanded compliment. He was no sort of role model, and he cherished the thought that he could not be emulated. Haven was Haven because he believed in chivalry, in knights and princesses, even when his world collapsed around him. "You still have your steed and your blade. You can find another princess to rescue."

He flashed a quick smile at the downcast hybrid, ruffling his mismatched ears as he did so often with Ruri, before standing up again. Jac could never stay in one place for very long, and left Haven for a moment to inspect the discarded axe. He had not handled one since Leroy had introduced him to the tool. He had never done much with weapons, being at a learning disadvantage with his amputation, but the sleek designs and shiny metal were attractive in their own right. Still, he lost interest quickly and glanced back at his young packmate, wondering how long this depression would last. It might be a long time, if he slipped into the bottle again.

[/html]
[html]
300+

It somewhat relieved him to hear his King concur that no, they were not alike. In another person, Haven might have judged such behaviors, but he could not do that with Jacquez. For despite all the man's vices, he was not a bad man. There were not trails of heartbroken woman crying at his doorstep. The women he chose to spend time with probably wanted nothing more out of it than the King himself did. It was hard for Haven to imagine anyone wanting so little, but he knew this to be one of the truths of the world. He also knew that Jac would never force himself upon a woman, and that was perhaps the key. The hybrid would not be able to follow anyone who would do such a thing, and he trusted that Jac would not.

A shadow of a smile tugged at his lips for a moment. It did make him feel good to know that his King saw those traits in him and thought they they were a good thing, not something to be mocked. Though he didn't know how true at least one of those things was anymore. "Thanks Jac. Though I don't know how much faith I have in the world anymore. It's hard to hold onto it when things keep chipping away at it time and time again." It seemed that as soon as he had started that transition from a child to an adult things had been eroding at that faith. Waves and waves of bad kept crashing on the shore of his resolve and turning into nothing more substantial than grains of sand. "Maybe..." There was no confidence in that single word. At the moment it seemed quite improbable that the wound to his heart would heal.

The strong hand ruffling his ears finally made him look back into the face of his King. The smile combined with that gesture lit a small spark of hope in the youth. True, once again he had lost something dear to him, but there were still things for him to live for. He still had his King, he still had his position of knighthood, and he still had his family, however broken and scattered they had become. His head turned and he watched Jac handle the axe with curiousity. "I threw everything she left behind into the sea." He had no idea why he was telling him this, but the words had come before he had time to think about it.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 300

Jac smiled appraisingly, looking almost proud of Haven as he carelessly discarded the axe. "Then you have already begun to move on! That is a good thing you have done, Sir Knight, it will break the hold she had on you. Now you may live your life to the fullest!" Amusing, perhaps, that the king equated being a bachelor to living life to its fullest, but he still meant well, spinning a positive angle on the abrupt separation.

He was still curious about the little red-eyed coyote, though - why had she taken off like that? She hadn't returned to her Inferni home, or Haven would have surely followed her to ask why. She hadn't seemed unstable. She was just oddly insecure and childish, so maybe her fears got the better of her. It didn't really concern Jac, except for the sting of egotism that he had lost another follower. He needed to find some more reliable cronies. There wasn't enough loyalty in the blood of these wolves, not the way dogs felt it. But perhaps their unpredictability was what kept him interested in their kind...

"Eh, faith is not something I can help you with. The world is unpredictable, and lady luck has thrown many a thing in my path - wrecking my ship, drowning my old pack, claiming my arm - and yet here I am, handsome and beloved as ever. Faith comes and goes, perhaps, I'm sure you'll find yours washed up on the beach somewhere." The mad king smiled broadly, outshining Haven's shadowed expression. He was tired of the gloominess, it was a boring emotion and one he did not feel the need to possess. Surely Haven would bounce back soon, wouldn't he? Weren't the young supposed to be more resilient? If he couldn't cheer up his Knight, his ego might take a hit, and that would not do.

[/html]
[html]
guessing we can close this up since it's kinda old :o 300+

He didn't know what he had expected really, but it hadn't been the praise that was hailed upon him. He had done it out of the sting of betrayal and rage that had overcome him. Jac might have been right though, this probably was good. Did it mean he was already moving on? It didn't really feel like it, but he guessed that it would help in the long run. If he had kept her belongings around in his house then he would keep being reminded of her. There were undoubtedly things that would still remind him of her, but getting rid of her things was the first step. "Yeah...I guess it was good huh? I wasn't really thinking about that at the time but...yeah..." The young hybrid was doing his best to try and see things from his King's perspective. It wasn't the kind of comforting Haven was used to, but he knew that Jacquez was doing the best he could. This wasn't really his thing, but at least he was trying. That made him feel a little better.

The next words helped more than probably any others. It helped him to stop wallowing in self pity, if only for a moment. They had all undergone terrible losses. Jacquez had lost many thing as well. At the mention of his missing arm Haven's eyes moved to that scarred area on his leader. It was somewhat strange to think about. He had become so used to it that he didn't even think about it. It did not seem to hinder his monarch in any way. Jac was not bitter about it and it did not diminish his strength or charisma in the least. If his King could withstand the loss of a limb then he, his Knight, could withstand this. Haven still wasn't able to muster a smile, but some of the gloom surrounding him temporarily abated. "Thanks Jac."

With some effort the Aatte male pulled himself back to his feet. "Maybe I'll go for a ride or something...try to clear my head..." Jades looked to his leader, waiting to either be dismissed or to see if the collie wanted to walk with him to the stables.

[/html]
[html]
of course. and sorry if I killed the momentum with my own lack of muse! ;_;

Jacquez smiled without a care in the world, the gratitude of his subjects a natural occurrence for one in his most lofty of positions. "It is nothing, Sir Haven," he dismissed, though the arrogance shining in his eyes said otherwise. "Yes, the stables will be good," Jac announced, nodding firmly. He could take Rue there, since the young horse would no doubt be huffy and spiteful the rest of the day after being tied up. It would not be the last time the impatient king would have to secure her - he could only deal with children of any species for so long, no matter how cute they were at first. Capriciously, though, he liked their neediness because it gave him importance and power over them.

"I have a horse to take there, actually - a baby one. She was born today, and I have to find her a milk-mother before I forget..." The tall Optime stroked his chin, wondering how one went about selecting a wet nurse for a horse. He was completely clueless about animal husbandry, since he had not had any intention of adopting an orphaned filly when he stepped into the barn - it had simply happened. He clapped his hand on Haven's shoulder, steering the burnt-orange werewolf in the direction of the little horse he'd left behind. Haven liked horses, didn't he? Going out riding was probably the best way to keep himself preoccupied. It was a sound plan.

[/html]