the return of someone familiar
Character Name: Angelique du Coudray
Character Birthdate: 09/21/2002
Luperci Gene: Present
Species: Buffalo Wolf
How did you find souls?: Paragon - was also a previous member here.

IC:

Blackened form moved within the shadows of the night as the moon peeked through the trees to spot the stalker. So many shadows were in the forest that unless you used all your senses, you couldn't tell who was foe or friendly, alive or inanimate. The wind didn't even whisper through the trees as a small thud noise was emitting from the trees as if they were moving themselves. A pair of ice blue eyes colder than glaciers were glowing in the darkness. As the female made her way through the trees, on her back was a pack made of elk hide holding various items such as medicines, tools and weaponry as well as a flute or two.

Nearing the borders, Angel stood in her were form and sniffed the air. The scent was strong here. She could tell she was close to the borders and needed to tread cautiously. Angel didn't know who or what she would come across, but she did know she needed to keep her guard up. Stepping so she was only ten feet away from the border, she placed her pack down on the ground and pulled out a flute. Letting out a howl, she called for the alpha that ruled on these lands or at least some one that would allow her access into the pack. Once she was silenced again, she put her flute to her lips and began playing a dirge while she waited.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... Tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #D8FF00 solid; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">
A howl split the air and the gray furred Senex's concentration. The woman had been working on the moisture tinged air for a while already. Although she was loathe to expose herself to the raging elements, she gladly immersed herself in whatever business was required to maintain the pack. Lately, she had redoubled her efforts patrolling the borders. She had ventured out a few times in the last few weeks, but had kept mostly to the pack lands. Right now, her interest was in making the borders as secure as possible.

The gray woman, in luperci form, hastened toward the source of the sound. She did not know how she felt about that howl. Although the tone did not indicate aggression, it was still somewhat of an inquiry for someone of authority in the pack. In terms of ranks, Geneva was the second highest ranked member here. She did not know Jefferson's whereabouts at the moment, and so she took it upon herself to investigate the individual who had come calling.

Geneva moved swiftly through the trees, familiar with the lay out of the borders. She had spent much of her time familiarizing herself with Phoenix Valley, and although she did not have a good sense of smell, she could navigate her way through the forest without a problem. She first became aware of glowing eyes and then she could detect a dark form. "What is the reason you called?" the Senex asked, getting right to the point. Her words were not unkind, but she wanted to know the nature of this woman's business.
[/html]
[html]

OOC Here

<style="color:#768894">Angel did not have to wait long before a presence soon made itself known. A gray colored female approached her and Angel offered a smile and bow in acknowledgement. She could see the womans strength and knowledge in her graceful form as she stood in her Luperci form. Angel soon set her leather bag from her back down to the ground to free her hands. She wouldn't offer a handshake, though she thought it respectful if she did, but some were different than others. It all depended on the personality.

Angel was of a mild personality for sure. She liked to be around her kind, was fairly social and was skilled in some trades such as hunting, fishing and crafting so she could be of some use to a pack if she were accepted into one. Angel sat on the rock by her bag and rested a hand on her knee. She listened to the to the point question the female asked and Angel nodded and began to respond. "I am Angel, or Angelique du Coudray, whichever you decide to call me. I am currently seeking a pack that I can reside in and share my traits with. I have been in this land before, but it has been so long that a lot has changed since I was last here. I used to be in the Shadowed Sun pack, though I am sure that pack no longer exists."

Angel spoke as she looked around her. The longer hair on the back of her neck swept her shoulder a little and the two osprey feathers in her hair followed suit. Turning her ice blue eyes back to the female, she smiled and awaited a response from her. She seemed to be a high ranking Luperci here as she was the first to respond. Perhaps a Beta or some other rank for she didn't carry herself in the position of an Alpha. No matter in either case. She was quite satisfied on meeting anyone that would allow her in to the pack so long as they had the permission to.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... Tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #D8FF00 solid; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">
The Senex watched the dark hued woman, taking note of her features and the way she held herself. She was unable to capture any scent, and so her best way to gather information was through sight and sound. Body language was an important indicator of intent to Geneva. She had grown up learning to look for signs of motive within a motion and expression. This wolfess seemed easy enough to read. Her shoulders were relaxed, and she seemed open and honest. Geneva could instantly appreciate that quality in the woman.

"I appreciate how candid you are," Geneva said. The woman had spoken her piece, effectively explaining why she was here. It made Geneva's role that much easier in this situation. "Angel, my name is Geneva, and I am the Senex of this pack. These lands belong to Phoenix Valley," she said, introducing herself. She wanted the woman to be able to speak with her, and she appreciated that she got right to the point.

The gray wolfess spoke once more. "There are several other packs in the surrounding area, although I am sorry to say I have never heard of Shadowed Sun. I will ask others, and see if I can gather information about this pack for you." Geneva loved a good puzzle, and even in this situation with a stranger, the wheels of her mind were always turning.

The woman looked at the blue-eyed woman again. "Please tell me a little about yourself, and what you could offer Phoenix Valley," the woman said. This was a standard part of border procedure, and she figured that she should help gather information before she called the Patriarch, Jefferson, to make his decision about Angel.
[/html]
[html]

<style="color:#768894">Angel soon liked how this was going and smiled. She rested her arms in a crossed fashion across her bosom as she listened to what Geneva had to say. She liked her name already. Though Angel didn't have much of a scent, since she was mostly around the waters edge fishing all day, she decided her best bet was to show body language and be as honest as possible, even if it was uber scary honest. Angel chuckled at the thought of being uber honest, though she was sure most pack wolves liked it.

"I am sure members from the old pack are out and about. It just takes time to find them. Right now, my important goal is to seek companionship with others of my kind and offer my services. And to answer your question, I shall tell you this: I am skilled in the trade of First Aid, Herbalism and even a few tricks of hunting and fishing or two. I know the best places to fish and some popular places for hunting, and I even do a little leisure wood carving and music occasionally. I don't know what I could possibly give to the pack involving those last two, but I was also a previous counselor you could call it, or advisor to be more correct, to wolves of all ranks within the pack."

Finishing her statement, Angel gave a curt nod and felt satisfactory with what she had told Geneva. Angel was sure this was more than enough for what she required on information none the less. She always provided more than expected on occasion when needed. She found it helped not only her chances of acceptance, but it was beneficiary to others as well seeking out for individuals with the skills willing to use them for good cause.

[/html]
[html]
Geneva listened intently to the woman as she spoke. She gave a wealth of information about herself. Geneva nodded in approval. She liked that Angel gave her a lot to work with. The woman before her seemed upfront, honest, and to the point. She had spelled out her intentions and listed the skills and traits she had to offer Phoenix Valley. The Senex was certain that Angelique could find a place to fit in here.

"I believe that you could find a place here," the Senex said with a smile. The woman seemed to be older than her, and obviously had some life experience. She was curious to ask about the woman's trials and travels, but decided to refrain. For now, she would let the situation at hand take precedence.

"I am going to call the leader. His name is Jefferson, and it would be wise to present your case to him." With those words, the woman sent out a call. It was a hushed sound, much like the quiet tones of her voice, but she knew that it would reach Jefferson if he was around. More likely than not, the man was also patrolling the borders.
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... table1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He was certainly in high demand. Phoenix Valley hadn't had any new faces in quite some time; the members had thus grown comfortable and attached to one another in a very appropriate fashion for a pack of dreamers. However, Geneva had summoned him now twice within just a few days. Never before had she howled for his presence, cluing the cyclops in that she had found another straggler at the borderlines that had somehow evaded his single eye on his rounds earlier that day. Either he was forming some sort of cataracts that were blind to strangers or the grey-furred Senex was more attentive or generally better at timing than he. Either way, he was grateful, even if he didn't mention so aloud. Geneva knew him well; she must have known he appreciated her watchful olive eyes.

There was no need for the Patriarch to hasten his pace; he'd been browsing conveniently nearby and simply turned on his heels towards the sound and headed in the appropriate direction. Jefferson had a knack for that -- being conveniently nearby when his presence was needed. "Can't get enough of me, Geneva?" He laughed aloud, oddly in good spirits as he stepped two-legged and scarred as always. He smirked and flashed the girl a subtle wink before turning his attention to the stranger, at whom he immediately straightened up and assumed a charismatic, authoritative presence for himself. "You're a new face. Who are you, exactly?"

[/html]
[html]

<style="color:#768894">Listening to her words, she played the name she mentioned over in her head so she would remember. Jefferson. As Geneva left, Angel pulled out her flute and began to play a fast paced tune with ranging pitches and tones to follow. Her foot tapped to the beat as it reminded her of her past time here. Soon enough, she had to wait no longer. Angel looked upon the scarred body of a male that Geneva had called and Angel let out a bow before putting her flute away and speaking.

"Well I may be a new face to yo, but I am not a new face to the area actually. I am Angelique du Coudray, or Angel or what ever you wish to call me. I came here seeking acceptance into your family if you so allow me. I do have many skills and trades that I could offer. I was just telling Geneva about my first aid and herbalism and hunting skills as well as fishing. I am sort of a .. Jack of all Trades if you will. "

Angel chuckled at the last bit of it. She liked to be a little funny at times, but she knew this was important so she kept it short and brief. Just mentioning those four might spark up his curiosity. She folded her arms on her legs which were crossed as she awaited the response of this Jefferson that had arrived. She looked him over and smiled. He looked to be strong, intelligent and certainly stood in that authority pose showing he was alpha. Indeed he was the right choice for it. He looked to have no issues within his pack or any sort of worries which was always a good thing.

[/html]
[html]
The shrill tones of a flute blended together, creating a foreign melody after Geneva called for Jefferson. She turned to see that the dark hued newcomer was playing a song above the sound of the splattering rain drops. The Senex quirked a brow, but did not say anything. It seemed that those coming to Phoenix Valley had a variety of different skills. She remembered that one of her old pack mates at Crimson Dreams had been musically talented, although his instrument of choice had been a piano in Haven Mansion. Geneva was not a musical sort - she much preferred to be quiet herself than to generate any sort of distracting sound. Still, she found it interest that this woman could play music. She wondered if the woman could always read music too.

Angelique had spoken, making her own introductions before Geneva could tell Jefferson why she had summoned him. So the Senex found it prudent to simply nod her assent to the words Angel had spoken. She turned to look at Jefferson and found herself smiling shyly when he winked at her, feeling the slightest bit bashful. She put a hand over her mouth to cover her smile, then cleared her throat before schooling her features into an expression more appropriate for a border interview. And she waited and watched to see what Jefferson would say and do.
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... table1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She didn't seem too completely surprised by his appearance and demeanor, both in general and in contrast to Geneva's, but Jefferson wasn't displeased with this notion. It didn't take much to prompt this Angelique; her introduction was short-winded but informative, direct and to-the-point, which is what he preferred. Jefferson simply nodded as she spoke, allowing her the time she needed to get everything important out all at once. A flutist and an herbalist of sorts -- Phoenix Valley needed a more 'official' healer, and if she knew how to fit the part, she could have it.

"Our pack's in need of a healer," he shrugged. "If you've got the talent and knowledge, we'd welcome it here." Jefferson sent the flute in her grasp a stray, odd stare briefly before returning to the wolfess and choosing not to comment. He wasn't much of a musical guy, after all. "Where do you come from and why did you leave?" He always found it rather vital to discuss, after all.

[/html]
Seeing him move the flute away, she looked to him in confusion before she went over and placed it in her bag. She cared about the instruments she hand crafted and they meant something to her, but she decided not to say much and replied to his question.

"I was here some time ago when the Shadowed Sun pack resided in this area. I had family business to tend to later on and did not return for quite some time. I lost most of my family due to an illness and I have returned once sure I did not catch the disease. And a healer I can be."

Angel soon remained silent as he looked to the both of them. Indeed she could surely be of some use and surely she would benefit the pack here. It all depended on what Jefferson said next however. Angel remained sitting on her rock as her thoughts began going through on her old memories of the Shadowed Sun. She missed the leaders of those packs, including Pheonix. She had last heard he was sick, but she was sure now he had either died or moved to a warmer climate. Either case, she hoped he was at least happy.

((Sorry. Having some personal issues... bear with. Next post will be better.))
[html]
The Senex could see that Jefferson appreciated how quickly Angelique got to the point of the matter. Although he wasn't always all business, Jefferson definitely valued his time. The Patriarch had always been one to cut to the chase in most matters. There were other time she wished that he would cut to the quick on other issues, but that had nothing to do with this situation. As far as Geneva could see, she had performed her function. Now she just sat back and watched, making certain that she was readily available if Jefferson needed her.

Geneva clasped her hands behind her back and looked on with her lime green eyes. Jefferson seemed to like Angel, which was a good thing. And a healer would be useful to the pack. Geneva vaguely recalled that her last alpha, Naniko, had known a lot about the art of healing. She had utilized herbs and other remedies. Perhaps Geneva could gain some of that knowledge in the future.
[/html]
[html]

Just a note: Jefferson didn't touch the flute, he just looked at it. Also, don't worry about a next post, gonna close it up after this one, so you're free to start posting normally. Welcome to PV and 'Souls!

Surely his exchange with Angelique had been shorter and less informative than that of she and Geneva, but the Patriarch was not bothered. He trusted the olive-eyed woman's judgment and could be filled in on the other blanks at some later time, but for now the pack was open and welcoming to strays and strangers who were humbled at the borders. Jefferson nodded his head patiently as Angelique spoke -- he didn't know much about the territory or defunct packs that had once been there, but packs went defunct for a reason. Even if she had lived in the area some time before, that didn't much matter now.

"Works for me," he shrugged, satisfied with the small bit of history she provided. He had expected to hear of her birthplace or upbringing, but those notes could come later. "Find a place to sleep and introduce yourself to the other members if you see them. You'll start at the Loas rank, but with time you'll move up if we find you worthy of it. The land's beautiful, so look around." He smiled, then turned and started to leave, waving a stray hand over his shoulder. "Do some practice with the healing arts while you're at it. Let me know how it goes." Typical Jefferson exit: too leisurely to be worth even a proper farewell.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.