It seems I have a secret I didn't know about
[html]

This is in Arachnea's Revenge. Word Count: 387

time will heal even a heart of steel

The meeting with the female from Phenix Valley had opened her eyes: why did she spend so much time inside the boundaries of her pack lands? She hadn't realized it until then, but she avoided leaving that safe haven as best she could. And why should she? Was she not the cousin of the alpha female of the largest pack around here? Or at least one of the largest packs, she didn't know anymore. She didn't involve herself, didn't partake in things she should be a part of. Ril'O's death. Her nephews' disappearance. Cwmfen's birth. She'd not been there, she hadn't done anything to help. It was shameful, and she knew now that she had to get out. Leaving the boundaries that day to speak to Geneva had proved something to her. She only stayed because she was weak and afraid, and she had no intention of staying that way! Just because Lubomir never spoke to her, just because he wasn't always there when she woke up in the morning, it didn't mean she should sit inside and wait for him. And feel pity for herself. She was the sister of Haku Soul, after all. None dared lay a finger on her, and if they did they would certainly feel the wrath of the teeth of her family. She would believe that to the grave.

Her four-legged body carried her across the scenery in a rugged manner, as if she was angry or simply particularly decisive. She was determined, but not angry, and her vividly green eyes scanned her surroundings as she walked. Why she was in her four-legged form, when she didn't really like it, she didn't know, but it didn't matter. She didn't know why she did the things she did these days, but hopefully some new impulses could help her clear her mind of images she wanted to rid herself of. Fresh places, new impulses - she was back in the isolated state she'd been in as a yearling, exploring the world in solitude, when her family left her to care for herself. It was Lubomir who had left her now, but it didn't change the fact that she felt abandoned. But this time she wouldn't run, she just needed to get away from Dahlia a little bit. Not for long, just a little.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... famans.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

postdated aug 28, I think? lin sucks.

Arachnea's Revenge was hardly a stroll out of the way; Phoenix Valley's northern borders had somehow laid claim to a piece of the territory, creating an hypocritical mixture of good and bad for the pack. Wandering idiots meandered into the claimed packland area without a second thought despite the pack's markings and heavy scent. It had been little problem thus far, but the accessibility struck Jefferson as both a hindrance and a handicap; it left a section of the pack somewhat open, thus Jefferson was careful on his borderline rounds to check the area. Overprotective perhaps, but it was better than the leader slacking off on safety and maintenance.

He'd considered visiting neighboring packs as some sort of stand-in ambassador with nothing better to do, but he'd argued with himself against it. Jefferson was a lazy son of a bitch when he could be, thus the idiot wandered in and around the corner of Arachnea's Revenge he laid claim to. For whatever reason he was unshifted, limping three-legged until he grew tired, at which point he plopped beneath a tree and rolled around or something similar, doing idle things Jeffersons do when nobody else is around. That said, when he grew still, he spent another ten long, dull minutes watching a spider crawl up and down his snout aimlessly before flipping his maw and contentedly managing to swallow the damn thing. Odd, he wasn't supposed to be this bored. He was a leader, after all.

Jefferson, still and unmoving, had neared yet another casual nap when the scent and sounds of a stranger alerted his instincts. Though the cyclops had knowingly strayed from Phoenix Valley borders (and forgotten how far he'd gone), the idiot couldn't help but pay attention when the female marched past, haughty and almost intimidating in her manner. She'd gone by at a pretty decent distance; the cyclops pushed up onto his haunches and stared after her briefly before snorting and rolling his shoulders. "Smile, sunshine," he shouted after her sarcastically, detecting the scent of Dahlia on her person... and something more. His straightened his back. No, he needed to find out who she was.

[/html]
[html]

Yarr, Aug. 28 seems right. And you don't suck, silly!
Word Count: 362

So far into her world of thoughts had she delved, that when her senses picked up a stranger's scent she had not noticed. Now, as his voice rang out to her, she started and turned around abruptly, her eyes shining in confusion. Her ears were erect and her furs lifted for a moment, until she decided that he was too far away to be a proper threat. The determination that drove her shifted now, and was aimed at this male. He was some yards from her now but even if she had had poor eyesight she would have been able to spot his curious appearance. He was simply littered with scars, and looked like some form of beaten warrior where he sat. Despite the tone of his voice she couldn't really say that he seemed hostile either, and hesitantly she crept closer to him, one step at a time. The speed of her steps grew as she came closer. Shit, was she in some pack's territory now? She hadn't thought of it until now. The place certainly did have some scent to it, but she could just as well be outside someone's borders as inside - the scent was vague enough for both. Her eyebrows moved in a worried manner before settling; her ears flickered before focusing. Green eyes were fixed on the strange, heavily scarred person. She'd come to her senses now, and was no longer surprised by his presence, but her curiosity could not be stilled. The white tail behind her hung there neutrally, not expressing dominance nor submission. she wasn't being rude, but she would admit confusion "Say, am I in claimed land? I've just walked aimlessly - don't know where I am." Just because she was on the brink of staring didn't mean she was about to admit it. "Guess I should have paid attention." Her two eyes studied his single one, noticing the well-known green in his iris. Melisande, too, had had that color - and herself. Those green eyes were not uncommon in the Sadira bloodline, and rarely had she seen anyone outside the family with such a color. One time had to be the first.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... famans.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Short post is short. :I

She turned around rather quickly at his words; for whatever reason, he'd expected her to either lunge at him with fangs and claws bared or simply ignore him altogether, but she didn't. The woman turned casually and headed right back, completely willing to make conversation. Jefferson recognized an interest in her eyes -- perhaps she'd seen what he had in her, but she would never recognize the name he'd taken on if they were related. What he did notice as she closed in, however, was the familiar shade of emerald that shone in her eyes.

"Not quite," he shrugged after some thought, smiling casually up at her. "Arachnea's Revenge, just outside Phoenix Valley borders. That's what you're smelling." Judging by her scent and the fact that she was apparently lost, he guessed her home aloud. "Kind of far from Dahlia. What brought you out here?"

[/html]
[html]

Did I mention your table is really purdyful? oO

Her mouth twisted into a wry smile as he spoke. Still her eyes traveled his form, taking in all the strange things about his appearance. His one eye was obviously broken - too bad if it wasn't really broken. She'd seen such things before. In fact, she had seen most things before, but this male about summed it up when it came to injuries, it seemed. "Ah, Phoenix Valley. I met with Geneva not long ago - nice girl." Small talk. She'd never been the type to do that. Then again, she'd never had anything to small-talk about. She shrugged at his question; it was a good one, and she didn't know the answer herself. "Don't have a goal, was just walking around without watching my step." She wasn't surprised he recognized her pack's scent. Dahlia didn't have as many members as it used to have right now, but it had certainly been - in periods - one of the biggest packs around the area. With that many members, it was only to be expected that the other packs learned their scents. Mew was just one of those who hid inside the borders of a pack, so she didn't know any scents. That is, except Inferni. She didn't dare forget that one. "Name's Mew, by the way." The strange-looking male was given a small, polite smile. A little touch of such things could never hurt.

[/html]
[html]

Thank you! Did I mention I suck? XD

She made small talk, something Jefferson rarely made time for. He was a busy guy for one, but outside his own pack, the cyclops dealt little with strangers outside the proximity of Phoenix Valley. However, this white-furred girl intrigued him; there was a familiarity to her that he recognized from his first meeting with Haku. Cercelee had mentioned that his other half-sister lived in Dahlia de Mai with his cousin and little half-brother, but the two had somehow never crossed paths. Considering the third half-sibling, Magdalena, was apparently missing in action, Jefferson felt it necessary to contact this other sister of his -- and by adding two and two together, it seemed he had. The cyclops simply smiled expectantly when she introduced herself.

"Geneva is my second-in-command," the brute said, immediately establishing himself as a leader in the subtlest way possible. He pushed himself to his feet and rolled his shoulders. "You're Haku's sister," he accused boldly, but a hopeful look clouded his single eye. "I'm Jefferson, but my real name is Maluki. Haku is my half-brother." Always to-the-point, Jefferson was.

[/html]
[html]

Did I mention I'm just as bad? :p Sorry - been out of the country and stuff - no internet, and then I just failed for a two-days ish. Also this post is made of poo.

It seemed this Jefferson did not crave small-talk, which was perhaps for the best. Most of the time, Mew was not very skilled at this. By his words about Geneva, it wasn't hard to understand what he really meant, but as he was not acting authoritative and she had not crossed any boundaries, she simply nodded and replied; "I see." The smile on her maw remained as she took in his next words, ears twitching when her brother's name reached them. There was no time to comment, however, as he delivered news she had no knowledge of before she could think. What - half brother?! As in her own, as well as Haku's, obvioussly. But why had no one ever told her? She had never heard of Maluki. And here she was, with her pride in knowing her family line. It seems she knew nothing at all. Feeling foolish, and with her face in confused and surprised folds, she merely stood there a moment, dumbfounded. "What— I—" Pausing, she thought rapidly as she hastily collected herself and normalized her eye width. He was certainly not Lisichka's. No; now that he'd said so, there were traces of her mother —their mother— in him, which could only mean one thing. What had her mother been up to? A blush rose to her cheeks, easily visible through her light pelt, but she did not look away. "I'm sorry... nobody told me." Now, she glanced to the ground, but quickly decided she should add something to her apology. "Don't get me wrong though —I'm just surprised!"

[/html]
[html]

No problem. Big Grin

Jefferson had not exactly anticipated her reaction, but judging from the look in her eyes, she was not faking the surprise that coated her features in shock. He frowned -- how had it been that Haku was so aware, so able to recognize his long-lost half-brother after so much time apart when Mew was unable? On that note, what about Melisandre? When the two met, whenever that would be, would she know who he was or be just as lost and unaware?

Jefferson did not take it as a personal offense, but raised a curious brow when the white-furred woman blushed madly and apologized. What was crossing her mind? Was there some pressure, some embarrassment he'd forced onto her in such news? Couldn't be. He hadn't been flustered or embarrassed when his demon-looking half-brother had dropped the bomb. The cyclops shrugged and rolled his shoulders; women were such mystifying things. "Nobody told me either, until your brother did," he said, tilting his head to the side. "I'm an amnesiac; I don't know who you two are, either. All I know is that I'm my mother's oldest child and my father was named Acid but disappeared. Apparently I hated your father, ...presumably because of you and your siblings." His expression hardened some, but it was clear that he harbored no such feelings any longer. Actually, he didn't even have a clue who Mew's father even was.

[/html]
[html]

... I am embarrassed at myself and my slowness, and the quality of this post. Word Count: 370

He seemed thoughtful, and she remained silent as he spoke, studying him curiously. Such a strange childhood had she had, that it seemed she knew nothing of the family she took pride in knowing everything about. She knew a lot about the Sadiras, but apparently not about her mother. Her eyes widened as he mentioned Haku —Haku knew?! All this time, and no one had told her? Her mother unable to keep in touch and her father absent from birth, and it seemed she had more siblings she did not know. Not just Melisande - no, Jefferson. And leader of his own pack, too. She kept her words inside and let him finish talking, and when he did she was calmer. Nodding, she spoke carefully, eyes glancing to the left past his face and beyond for a second as she thought about the vastly scattered remains of the family she had been born into. "Hm. Well maybe you had a right to hate him — I wouldn't know, I never met him." Her gaze returned to his face, her pair of green encountering his for the first time. Or was it? "I can honestly say I don't remember your appearance, but it seems my brother does. I don't know why he didn't tell me." Pausing, she felt as if she should somehow give an explanation as to why she did not remember. "Colibri left us alone at a young age and I left Clouded Tears before I was a year old, traveling for two years before coming back to find the charred remains of.. well my old home. So.. I don't really know that much about anyone from my family, really." She felt bitter saying that, as if it was a defeat. She knew a lot, but not about the family members that mattered. She knew more than she wanted to know about Firefly. But on the bright side she had sort of gained a family member just now —she just hoped he wouldn't think she was stupid or something, for not remembering. Her face was apologetic but curious at the same time, as if she could not decide to land on either. "So, how long have you been living here?"

[/html]
[html]

Other than the fact that he had been provided with a little information from Haku, it seemed Jefferson and Mew were basically in the same position. She was just as mystified as he was, but Jefferson was impressed that his little half-sister could maintain herself so well despite the sudden news. They had a few things in common other than the obvious: neither of the siblings knew their respective fathers and their shared mother no longer played a role in her childrens' lives. Mew was understanding, however; she was quick to empathize the cyclops' long-dead views on her father back when he'd had contempt as Maluki. He smiled a little and nodded as she continued.

"I gathered from Haku that I met him as he was growing up, but I'm not sure about you or your sister." He shrugged, then looked around aimlessly as he searched his mind for the explanation for his disappearance from Clouded Tears that Laruku had given him a year before. Strange -- after so long since he'd spoken with Laruku that time, how little Jefferson had learned of Maluki since. "A dead man told me I lived in Clouded Tears until your litter was born... and I disappeared after I couldn't live with your father." The cyclops' eye became distanced, a typical result of his cloudy, childhood thoughts. "I guess I went looking for my father. I ended up back here by pure accident. It's been a year and a few months since I found my way back."

[/html]
[html]

I've said it before but I sincerely hope I'm properly back now. Stupid university. Word Count: --

He didn't remember much either, and inside the femme sighed with relief. The embarrassement wasn't quite so unbearable when he shared her lack of knowledge, at least to a degree. It seemed she was the last to know about the drama her mother had put them through when she was born. Perhaps there was more to her mother than she had originally thought. Perhaps there were more to her close family than she knew, more half-siblings running around somewhere. Maybe not here, but alive, or had been. A quick thought flew to Melisande and she pushed it away; she had just gained a half-brother, and would not waste energy thinking about a sister that was lost. Smiling, she listened to him speak until he seemed finished. In a way his tale resembled hers: they had both left these lands in search of someone. In her own case that someone had been anyone who would care about her, but it was still a little bit the same. Soft as always, Mew already felt a connection to the scarred male in front of her. "It seems you've settled in nicely, too.", she said, referring to his earlier mentioned rank. Strange, how their blood always ended up in leadership. She couldn't really understand why anyone would want such a thing, especially thinking of how it had gone for her mother, who fled the responsibility. He said he had lived with her mother; perhaps he remembered something about her. Colibri Soul had always been a mystery to Mew. "Do you remember anything about our mother?" The strange female who seemed to have produced more children than Mew knew, but left nothing to remember, nothing for her children to love or appreciate. She was not bitter anymore, but curious.

[/html]
[html]

"I settled out of luck," he admitted wryly, ears twitching as he unintentionally thought back to his initial arrival at Phoenix Valley. The memory of Iskata, as always, brought a melancholy twist to his stomach when the nostalgia kicked in. "I was mostly starved to death when I collapsed on this pack's borders, and was almost sent away by Deuce for being part coyote." His expression became bitter: he'd never admitted it, but the cyclops had never forgiven that white wolfess for her impudence that day. What she had done -- what she had tried to do -- he considered simply unforgivable, and the grudge was born. When she left him the pack all of a sudden, it grew. Where she was now, though, he had no idea. Probably got what was coming to her. "The other leader told me to stay, though, and then I just moved up from there. I'm lucky to be alive." Briefly, his eye fell to the ground.

When it came to his mother, though, Jefferson knew nothing. "My first memory is of waking up with an eye torn out and covered in scars and blood," he said slowly. Jefferson, this Jefferson, had been born in pain and blood -- Maluki, and the madman he'd became, had been born in warmth and pleasure. "I don't remember anything from my childhood. All I know is that she is white and still alive, or at least she was when I talked to the dead man. He told me she was around here somewhere, by herself... but I haven't seen her. She'd be getting on in years by now." He paused. "I doubt she'd recognize me anymore, anyway."

[/html]
[html]

Uh-oh Tongue A bit long, sorry about that, suddenly my muse is attacking me. Word Count: 515

Her face was attentive and she nodded at the appropriate places as he spoke. Until he mentioned hsi coyote blood, that was. She lost her grip a moment, but attempted to shake it off. He continued talking, and she tried her hardest to pay attention to him as well as hide the shock. Honestly? She had been so fascinated by his bizarre appearance, and then their shared blood, to even begin noticing that somewhere under all those scars, there were a few traits that resembled those of a coyote. He spoke of memory loss, of waking up missing an eye and bloodied and instinctively she thought: Good. In a way his words proved to her what she knew all along; that coyotes were violent creatures. How else would he have found himself in such a situation, without memory, lacking an eye, and covered in scars? Her views on that species could be extreme, and she would find confirmation for her twisted hatred wherever she wanted to. Now, in her mind, the figure of her half-brother turned into the very idea of everything she hated, and she had to work furiously to retain her control and harness her instincts. They were the ones that had taken everything from her, and now she found that her mother — her mother of all people! — had sullied the family name with this.. this filth of a race. Cross-breeding: the thought was enough to make her hurl, and here he was, a bastard child (for that was what he became in seconds, in her eyes), a cross-breed. In her family. She struggled, but a smile was faint when she attempted to continue the conversation as normal. I doubt she'd recognize me anymore, anyway. No, probably not. Because surely she could not want to acknowledge him. It was a disgrace.

She stood still a moment, wordless. Though her hatred burned on forever in her heart, furiously, something in her stopped her from lashing out at this one. Maybe because he shared her blood, or maybe because he was the head of his own pack. No; his rank couldn't mean less to her. She was the sister of Haku Soul, the cousin of Cercelee. She had relatives everywhere, that would support her in her crusade; she knew it. Yet instead of lashing him with the words she wished to spit in every coyote's face, she stood silently, shaken. Finally giving in, she continued on the subject of their mother, but her voice was not the same. "Well.. She never was much for taking care of her children.", she mumbled, gaze falling to the ground. When they rose again, only moments later, they moved here and there and did not settle on his face. "I think... that I should go now.", she said bluntly and took steps in a direction away from him, yet she did not leave outright. This was not how to behave, but she had not been prepared for this. Still, she would try to patch together a mask of someone decent, before heading home to fume with anger. In solitude.

[/html]
[html]

Yikes...

The reply he got was vague and simplistic; her tone had so suddenly altered, evident in the subtlety forced in her voice. Green eye raised inquisitively, but as it did, her own green eyes fell to the ground. Something was different, all of a sudden; had he said too much? The brute traced his words through his mind -- no, he hadn't said anything offensive, or at least nothing that he knew of. Perhaps she was defensive of their mother, disappointed that he'd be so pessimistic about her abilities. In the end, Jefferson could only guess that his remark on Deuce and the bitterness of his voice might have been the reason: Deuce had spent time in Dahlia and was treasured there. For all he knew, she and Mew might have been lesbians for each other. Deuce had been so bitter about coyotes; if she and Mew had been close comrades, there was a possibility Mew shared in that ideal. He didn't much care, but the reaction he received from his half-sister was more than unsettling. It was all-out cold.

The cyclops' tattered ears perked when her decision to leave came suddenly; Mew did not hesitate to turn and start away, dismissing him as quickly and easily as one might flick a pestering bug from their shoulder. The Patriarch quickly climbed to his feet, hissing when the extra pressure was pushed on his bad leg. She did not even offer a farewell -- and Jefferson wasn't about to settle for that. Hell, he had barely any family he knew of, even though more and more were unveiling each day. When it came to brothers and sisters, his litter was gone -- he knew that well. Melisandre was gone. His mother was gone. Laruku was gone. All he had left were his coyote-hating half-sister and the half-brother he'd heard to be a monstrosity. "I didn't ask to be this way," he barked, taking a shot in the dark. If he was wrong in his reasoning for her sudden anger, then he'd be corrected. "I didn't ask to have a coyote for a father who stole half my life away when he up and left and I couldn't find him."

He gave up, released a sigh, and settled back on his haunches. Jefferson wasn't going to play the pity party -- but for some reason, defending the coyote heritage he never asked for but was so cruelly disliked for regardless was becoming more and more common. He was sick of it. He was not born of Inferni, but because of his blood, there was a strange illusion he was. "You don't know," he mumbled beneath his breath. "You don't know the hell I've been through because of him."

[/html]
[html]

Eh, this is crap. Sorry :/ Word Count: --

He reacted much like any coyote did when faced with her opinions, and usually she did not care; usually she took great delight in their anger and their hurt. But now she felt something like shame, and her eyes landed on the ground and stayed there as he barked at her. She was still angry, and she was still sickened by her mother's actions, but she was not used to feeling confusion. She revered her bloodline more than anything, and now here he was, a mix of what she hated and what she loved. He was messing up the jigsaw, sullying her world; unsettling everything she believed in. She stood still; silent. His voice grew less angry and more bitter, and he sighed and sat — she could hear him do it, but she did not look up. Simultaneously she listened to him and ransacked her emotions for some that made sense, finding nothing of what she was used to finding. But when his final sentence landed she burst out and looked up at him, angry in return. Her face was furious, but her voice was controlled, a shake lurking in the back of her throat. "You don't know the hell that I've been through because of coyotes." She spat the word, and there was a desperate look on her face, as if she pleaded him to take it back; to be something other than what he was. Life would be easier if she could just hate them in peace, if she could go about her life in ignorance, instead of having to face this painful revelation. She had been here before, and then she had lost the weight around her stomach. But this one did not attack her, and it only angered her further.

[/html]
[html]

This thread may be slow, but it's one of the best threads I've had in a long time. Big Grin

The look he sent her was completely forlorn and perplexed; it was like looking through a fog for the lighthouse and being led by nothing but the dull haze of light. The more they snapped at each other, the more their argument elevated into something neither of them were fully understanding. Jefferson heard the waver and hesitation in her voice, though it was stifled terribly by the rising anger she lashed out at him. What happened to family? What happened to the green eyes they shared for a few minutes that now faded to different shades?

His ears flicked back and pressed against his skull; the action was rather rare for the bold Jefferson. In his position, the Patriarch rarely had to stand down to anyone -- and those that assumed he would were met with his unyielding personality instead. To family, however, Jefferson barely knew how to act. He'd been born clueless in a spinning world dripping with blood; family had never been a presence in the life of Jefferson has it had once been of Maluki. Family had been what had driven him to and from Clouded Tears, led him away, and brought on the madness that Mew would have accused his coyote blood the culprit for. His green eye searched at her, unconsciously longing and clouded with doubt. What was going on?

He breathed. "I hate Inferni," the brute hissed beneath his throat, darkening his eye and turning it away. Iskata's disappearance, DaVinci's love life, Zana's abduction -- Jefferson had always accused all three on Inferni. Gabriel and Iskata had never gotten along, and without any other evidence, the cyclops had always been on edge when it came to the coyote clan. "I hate what they stand for, the fucking shit they do," Jefferson breathed, "but I don't hate coyotes because I can't hate my family... even if I don't know them."

[/html]
[html]

I agree! I'm going to PM you with a short-term tiny plot if you want :] Sorry about the length, I've been reading for my poetry exam and it were inspiring >< Word Count: 532

They were the same, more than they knew, for both had been born to broken families, and both had been drenched in the blood of others and themselves. Perhaps it was a curse that followed Colibri Soul, for no one in her line seemed able to avoid it, no matter how hard they tried.

She felt as if he studied her, with eyes resembling hers far too much for her own liking. It was as if, aside from the scars and the wrong color of fur, there were pieces of herself in the hue of his single working eye. And as she witnessed his own mixed reaction to their situation, her feeling did not lessen. At the same time it angered and scared her, because she did not want to feel as if she was the same as he. She was different, better, or at least that's what she wanted to believe. A moment of silence passed between them, and she gathered herself. Her form remained frozen to the ground, as if her legs were snowy stalagmites, rooted to the ground they stood on. Her emotions fought for her attention until she shut them all out, and listened to his reply. He did not say what she expected.

Her ears flattened, mimicking her half-brother. He hates them. She hated them. Another similarity, and she wished he could be on their side, so she could walk away and never return, and loathe him at a distance. She said nothing, and he continued, mirroring many of her own thoughts about the clan to the north. Murderers. Rapists. Everything he said was her own opinion, at least in essence. Tears lined her eyes now, and her self-composition was gone again. When she spoke, she spoke quietly, because if she spoke louder she knew her voice would break. She was stronger than that. "I hate them. Don't you see? They made it impossible for me not to hate them. Every time I met one of them, they took something from me. And they are the only representatives I've got." Coyotes, Inferni - it was the same thing to her. As she spoke, and without knowing, she glanced to her stomach — before she looked up again she regretting her subconscious action. She did not want him to know, didn't want him to know anything at all about her. She felt weak and embarrassed and ashamed of her anger, and of her hatred. Like a bitter old woman, confronted with truths she knew already, but had skillfully ignored. She was forced to realize that the species did not consist of brutal murderers lacking a proper personality, because one stood right in front of her. Suddenly, her feelings escalated and she barked at him, filled with hormones and fear and years of bitterness and grief. "Just let me be!" Her one hind foot took a single step in a direction away from him, yet the rest of her stood rooted still, as if something outside herself controlled her ability to move. Her throat felt sore, her stomach throbbed, and her muscles were tense and aching; she was tired, all of a sudden, and she regretted her trip here altogether.

[/html]
[html]

I like plots! Looking forward to the PM! :3

She was a torrent of elevating emotions, but the white wolfess was trying desperately to keep the screams stifled and silenced. Mew was clearly struggling with this, however; as her brother, although the two had just met and it was clear that they would not get along, Jefferson could only stand down. He took a step back as if to give her more space to breathe and lower her defenses, but the cyclops knew it was hopeless. He'd seen that rage, that frustration with coyotes before: The terrible eyes Deuce had tried to throw him away with had been the same. He'd stared racism in the face once before and had complied with it. Iskata had been the one to pull him back and force him into Phoenix Valley. Deuce had tried to throw him away even as he was starving skin and bones. Jefferson had never quite forgiven her.

His frown lengthened and eye darkened. There was no reason to forward the distrusting, bubbling dislike for Deuce and her tendencies onto his half-sister who was doing the same towards he. The cyclops lowered his neck some, staring up at her with the emerald of his eye piercing. He was losing his patience, especially in the face of her shout. "You hate coyotes," he growled, though it was clear he had no intentions of harming her. "You hate coyotes, and I hate racists. Anyone willing to throw away a starving, dying innocent because of their blood is no one I will respect."

But I won't hate family, his eye still silently pleaded somewhere within. After a pause, he straightened himself, sat down, and lowered his head. "You're no different than Deuce," Jefferson sighed, resigned, and finally shook his head. "Go home, Mew."

[/html]
[html]

Poor Mew, it's not easy being a racist! Word Count: 531

The strong currents of emotion caused her breath to go faster, her heart to speed, but after her last exclamation she calmed, yet her breath was stuck in her throat, as if expectant. The glowing embers quickly flared into a fire again when Jefferson spoke, and though she had been called names and been the target of a coyote's hatred many times before, she had never given it thought. Now, for the first time, she felt it, and the words from her half-brother's mouth tore at her as her own opinions had torn at him. Now, she was the target of prejudice, for presented with the situation he described she would almost certainly have been in a dilemma. She did not believe in unneccessary death, and that included saving an individual. Perhaps she would have given it means of survival where it was, if possible, and instructions to leave for Inferni. Any coyote who managed it as far as Dahlia would likely seek out the clan by the aid of their nose instead though, so it was not a problem. Would never be a problem. She stood silently and took his words, trembling slightly with anger and shame.

He compared her to Deuce? Mew did not have the best of feelings about that femme; in any situation where compared to her, Mew would have been indignant. Mew Sadira was proud female who took care to mind her life and her own business, not some sexual-driven female without control who wehnt around producing children with someone else's mate, and ripping his family apart. Emwe and Conor might have had a good home had it not been for the white female and her daughter. It had made Mew sick at the time. But in Jefferson's world she was no better; a racist, someone without control, someone who was beneath him. He sighed again, and some of the fire seemed to have left his being as he told her to go home. She still did not know how to react. Feelings of desperation slowed, halted, yet she still wished she had never come here, and never learned of her brother. Now she was stripped of her pride in the family name and of her worth as an individual, and all that was left of her core was uncertainty. Her head and paws felt heavy and instinctively her tail curled inwards at the end, giving away her position. One by one her feet were lifted and she turned away, only speaking when she stood with her back to him. Now, she raised her head. "I am sorry. We are what we are."

Speaking what she knew as truth, she started the journey home. All her life she had blamed the coyotes for her misery. It had been easy, a target that was avilable and ready for use. It wasn't as if she was the only wolf with these opinions. She had hated them and loved her family, and now her faith in herself was torn to shreds. She had accepted him as her brother before the truth was known. We are what we are, but not now and forever. She could not go back now.

[/html]