sing happy things
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... table_.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Big Grin

500+

The rain seemed to be teasing the little raven boy, coming out just long enough, in a slow drizzle, to get his fur dusted with drops of rain. Just as he would scamper out from under it, sprinting towards the manor or hiding under a tree, the water would stop falling from the sky and the sun would peek out for just a few moments. He'd shake the beads of rain from his pelt and step tentatively out from underneath whatever he had found shelter beneath, peering with wide blue eyes to assure himself that this time the rain really was gone. It would seem like it had disappeared, for a few moments, but just as he got a few meters away the rain would start to fall again! This pattern had repeated itself a few times, now, and being a pragmatist Gotham would have just ignored the rainfall. It was light and gentle, anyway, and the boy didn't mind the rain at all. It was just that this strange phenomenon was a little bit funny, and had turned into something of a little like a game for him. Were the clouds watching him to see when he was out in the open, only then letting the water escape from their fluffy grasps? Clouds were just clouds, though, they couldn't see or think! Their brains were just wisps of air, and their eyes were little more than nebulous bits of turbulence. Despite the silliness of it all, it was still, Gotham would admit, rather amusing, and he enjoyed the game. Rather than the scowl that might accompany such bothersome weather, he wore a little smile as he scurried through the grass.

A strange sound was just starting to become discernible, and the boy took a few jaunty steps towards it before a voice seemed to be laid across the top of the noise. He paused for a moment, lifted his head high and perked his ears. Sneakily through the grass he roamed, listening for the sounds to become louder and louder as he walked. Each few steps in the wrong direction made it get softer, and he corrected himself a few times. Tracking something based on gradients, whether smell or sound, was something that the boy was getting steadily better at, but he still had some difficulty if he got off track. It was something he was rather fond of, because it made him feel so sneaky, and he hoped he'd get really good at it so he could sneak up on his sisters and mum and dad and all his friends! What fun that would be, to make them surprised!

Soon enough, the noise sounded like it was right beside him, but Gotham couldn't see where it was coming from! It was quite a pleasant sound, though, and the boy swung his tail in time to the music. He stood beneath a tree and peered across the grass field that stretched before him, unable to see anything that could make such a noise. The sudden remembrance that they did live in three dimensions caused him to look up, and what he saw there made him yip in surprise. He grinned and wagged his tail as he peered at the bottom of someone's feet as they hung down from a branch. Whoever it was that was making these funny noises probably couldn't see him when he was standing right there, so he took a few bounding steps forward before turning around and looking at the wolf that sat across the tree's sturdy arm. He recognized the ebony creature, and felt a little guilty that he didn't remember his name, especially since their fur was the same color! Gotham sat down and stared upward, his tail wagging back and forth across the damp grass. He hoped that the wolf would spot him, because he wanted to know what that big thing he was holding was, and the way it made those noises.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 300+

The dark figure sat up on a tree branch. Just him, his guitar and the bright sun. Yep, this was the good life, only thing missing was the lake view. His gentle tenor voice rang through the forest in a simple tune.

"When I get where I'm going
on the far side of the sky.
The first thing that I'm gonna do
Is spread my wings and fly.

I'm gonna land beside a lion,
and run my fingers through his mane.
Or I might find out what it's like
To ride a drop of rain

Yeah when I get where I'm going,
there'll be only happy tears.
I will shed the sins and struggles,
I have carried all these years.
And I'll leave my heart wide open,
I will love and have no fear.
Yeah when I get where I'm going,
Don't cry for me down here."

He stopped playing suddenly, a yip causing the song to jump to a unexpected end. He was slightly startled, who had made that sound. Looking down he raised an eyebrow, he had to almost look again to spot to black colored pup. He instantly recognized the small boy as Savina's boy, Gotham. They hadn't exactly talked before. Jazper had seen him running around the territory and on Savina's or Kansas's heels. Other then that, out of the three Amata was the only one he had talked to one on one. He slid from the branch and landed on the ground with a huge thud. Jazper was always quite the sight to behold. He stood over 8 feet tall, was broad and muscular with a bright yellow tattoo gracing his left eye. Wearing only a knife belt, beige knee length cargo shorts, and most recently a sword. The silver sword sported a single ruby in the handles center and was kept tight to his back with a leather strap and sheath. Smiling at the boy he sat himself down under the tree, less intimidating. "Hey. I'm afraid I haven't had the chance to introduce myself to you since you've grown up a little. I'm Jazper Rhiannon-Knight."

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... table_.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+

The boy was a little upset that he had startled the other enough to stop his playing, because he had been enjoying his music. He wagged his tail fervently when the wolf looked down from his tree, though, and moved a few steps backwards as the other hit the ground. This wolf was very big, and Gotham had to crane his neck upwards to look at his face. He had a yellow thing around his eye, and the boy thought it was very strange but also quite interesting. Most of these thoughts flickered by quickly and did not garner any real consideration, as Gotham was mostly just excited to see someone who could make such wonderful sounds. Now that the big wolf was on the ground, the pup could also see that he had a big shiny thing! It had a red shiny thing at the top, too, and it made the pup very curious.

Jazper did seem familiar, and Gotham was glad to hear that he had seen him when he was smaller and that he still recognized him. Well, of course, maybe it would be silly to forget who he was because there weren't really that many puppies running around, and Gotham was the only black one! He wagged his tail happily anyway, just glad that this wolf was friendly and still rather impressed by the shiny thing that was hanging by his side, having almost completely forgotten the music that had been floating through the air just moments before. "I'm Gawthum," he said, staring at the sword, "And what is that?" He pointed his chin a little more obviously at the weapon, peering at it for another few seconds before looking back up to Jazper. It really was quite a funny thing, and the pup had no clue what it could be for. It looked kind of heavy, but the tall wolf had no problem carrying it around. He must be very strong! Gotham liked that idea, and he wagged his tail back and forth slowly, waiting to hear what this strange thing was.

[/html]
[html]

The young boy definitely took after Savina. The dark coloured coat, but he had his fathers eyes. Kansas and Jazper never really talked, they just existed. Purhaps one day they would talk about Jazper's break down. Ever since that day in the library he felt a strange jealousy of Kansas. H never had to worry about the heat, he never had to worry about hunting in the winter season, he had a beautiful mate, and a even more gorgeous family. He had everything the larger black male wanted and it didn't make sense! He was bigger, stronger, more educated, more sympathetic, had been around Crimson Dreams longer. Staring back at the boy he almost felt anger towards his blue eyes but it quickly faded as he regarded his body language. The pups tail was wiggling back and forth, his rear following wildly. It was really quite adorable.

Sitting under the tree allowed the dark Knight a brief release form the summer sun's heat. He took in the excited boys expression as he simply asked a question. What was that indeed. Raising his right hand up he pulled the silver sword out of the leather sheath and placed it on his lap. "Careful with this Gotham. This is a sword, it's used to help protect someone from another. Hopefully I'll never have to use it but its good to carry around anyway." He wondered if the boy understood the concept of someone attacking the pack or himself. Was that even a reality in his mind? The sword was about the length of his arm, shining with a silver handle. His favourite part of the weapon was the oval ruby somehow molded just above the handle. It made the sword look elegant in a way, a contrast form the simple silver design. Regarding the small boy once more he voiced his thoughts, "You sure are your parents son. Your mums color and your dad's eyes." Maybe he'd end up more like Savina.

[/html]
[html]

Gotham wiggled even more as the other sat down, but still kept his distance. As the sword was removed from its sheath, the boy sat down and drew his head backward a little, eyes wide, impressed by the shininess of the weapon. He did not go closer to it even as it was laid across Jazper's lap, but did give it a very curious and lengthy stare. The boy didn't really understand its purpose, but it was certainly nice to look at. "Saword," he repeated under his breath, trying to memorize the way the strange sounds felt on his tongue and the lovely glimmer that the thing gave him. Smiling softly, he looked back up to the other and nodded.

The comment the big wolf made next befuddled him a little. Of course he was his parents' son! That phrase just seemed so awkward and useless to the boy, who didn't know what it meant. The next sentence enlightened him a little, but he found those a little weird, too. They must be one of those things that you say but don't really mean. Phrases like that still confused Gotham. No matter, though, as he was almost immediately looking at the guitar again. Motioning at it with his chin, he asked again, "And what's that?"

[/html]
[html]

The knight nodded as Gotham repeated back the word. It was always a good feeling when you taught a pup a new word. Gotham seemed to be a little mor cautious then Amata as a first impression. His cream sister would have ran up and been sniffing at the sword by now, he was probably a little wiser for it though. Best not to stick you nose in everything without thinking. Raising the silver weapon he placed it back into the leather sheath. With the black pup's motion to the guitar Jazper simply smiled and patted the ground beside him. Crossing his legs he said gently, "Why don't you come over here and I'll show you." The yellow tinted guitar was placed over his lap, much like the sword had been.

"This is called a guitar. It makes music if you know how to play it." Carefully he plucked each string individually, allowing the unique pitches to echo within the hollow wooden instrument. "You can play the stings separately." He played a simple song, moving his fingers up and down the strings to crate new sounds. "Or, you can play what's called a chord, Chords are usually used in songs, so when you want to sing along." He started to play all the stings with one swift up and down movement with his hand, the other moving up and down the threats. His voice sang a small part of a song:

" I'm gonna be here for ya baby
And I'll be a man of my word
Speak the language in a voice that you have never heard
I wanna sleep with you forever
And I Wanna die in your arms
In a cabin my a meadow where the wild bees swarm

And I'm gonna love you
Like nobody loves you
and I'll earn your trust makin' Memories of us"

Stopping he rested he arms across the top of the guitar. "Does that answer your question lad?"

[/html]
[html]
300+

He promptly took the spot that Jazper had motioned for him to take, sitting straight up and peering with wide eyes at the giant male. He watched as the strange object was laid across his lap, eyeing it with curiosity as its purpose was explained. The first twang of the guitar made him jump a little, not so much out of shock but rather out of pleasure. It was such a funny noise! As each was played in series the boy started to get more and more excited, and he felt almost like his head would pop off when Jazper played the little song. In the brief gap between the song and the chords, Gotham's tail regained the ability to wag, and it did so with a fervour. A wide grin was pulled across his face, and he looked up to the male's face again briefly. The chords sounded even more wonderful, their well-rounded sound making Gotham feel as if there was a whole world of music swelling up around him. Eyes watching the nimble fingers moving up and down the frets, the boy felt a surge of desire to make the same noises! But he didn't yet have fingers, and he yearned so desperately to be older.

Gotham continued to watch intently as the other sang a song, and an idea occurred to him: he could at least make noises like that! The words were strange, though, and kind of made Gotham a little nervous. Brows furrowed, he looked up to Jazper and said, "Yeah but I has another. Why do ya wanna die in my arms? And can I do that singin' thing too?" His tail flopped on the ground a couple times. He felt as if he was missing something, but he was still eager to try it because, despite being a little strange to him at this point, it made quite a pleasant feeling rise in his chest.

[/html]
[html]

Gotham's excitement made Jazper's tail wiggle oh so slightly along with his. Why did pups have to find everything so exciting? He vaguely recalled chasing butterflies and grasshoppers in the valley, climbing the mountains with his father, and listening to stories before bed from his dear old mother. However, he had grown up so quickly under the circumstances. Once his parent's had passed, and Dierdre was lost in the fire his childhood was simply over. Deuce took him and Dierdre's pups in but that made him the eldest of a very large litter of pups and he didn't want to be a burden to the snowy wolfess. Instead he had spent his time looking after the younger boys, playing with them and teaching them to speak. Other then that he would go for a run, or hunt with Lucifer the odd time. The pups that had been born under Crimson Dreams watch where lucky. Their parents where going nowhere and they would always have a playmate every day if they so wished.

The young ebony wolf's question left Jazper laughing. Only a small pup would so bluntly ask a question like that, "No, no, no my boy," He giggled as he used his right hand to ruffle the tiny hairs on top of the pup's head, "It was just a part of the song. It's a love song, saying you want to be with this other person forever... type of thing." It was hard to explain why someone would want to die in another's arms. It was not suppose to be taken literally. "But yes, you can do the singing thing too. Have you never hummed a tune, or sang a silly song while playing? It's quite enjoyable. Why don't you give it a try?" It couldn't be that hard, right? After all it was the same as talking, just with different pitches.

[/html]
[html]
300+

The idea of a love song was, indeed, foreign to the boy. He furrowed his eyebrows for a minute, too lost to the subject to even wonder why in the world it would be romantic to die in someone's arms. Dying was a bad thing, after all! Gotham didn't want to do it anytime soon, or really, ever! He felt sad that Jazper wanted to die, because Jazper seemed nice and he could sing nice songs. Gotham simply didn't understand the idea of the song at all, and he felt completely befuddled. The little nudge that Jazper gave him might have given the illusion of comfort, but it didn't actually seem to help his brain work any better. For a moment, he stared at the ground with lines in his forehead as he tried to work out what he might be missing, but the desire to understand the song disappeared as the excitement that he could sing like that filled its spot.

Gotham grinned widely and looked back to his new musical friend with the shiny saword protector thing. "I like ta hum when I'm a-playin'," he replied earnestly, but he still felt a little tentative about trying to make actual words. Awh, hell, he would just let the words come and not worry about it! After all, he was a puppy, and everything that puppies did was cute and absolutely forgivable. So, his eyes drifting up to the sky that was still drizzling down upon them, Gotham started to sing in a manner that could, really, be simply called wailing. "Uhh it's a-raiiiiiinin' en I'm a-singiiiiiin', I'm a-singiiiiin', I uuuuuuuuuuh em a-singin' in tha rain." At this point, while sustaining a constant howl, he cast his eyes back to the real musician for validation. Was he doing it right?

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Wrap up in the next few posts?

The little black pups confused face once again was thrown into a world of silent thinking, making it awkward for Jazper to sit waiting for Gotham to figure out what the heck the older male had meant. It annoyed the ebony male sometimes when the younger ones where so naive, something he would have to learn to be patient with whenever he managed to find a girl right for himself and a family. He didn't know how Savina stood being around all three of them all the time for a good part of the pups childhood. Amata was so wild and Gotham so inquisitive. He hadn't had the chance to really meet Cambria as a older pup but he silently hoped she was a little quieter then her siblings. Gotham's confusion was natural, probably, considering the subject of love in a song and the mention of dying. The poor boy didn't understand what love was, not even the tiniest clue. Someday thought, he would be on his way to adulthood and maybe run into a pretty wolfess and have his heart skip that first beat since it started beating so long ago. Smiling at the boy he almost felt pity for him. Someday he would know the joys and pain of love.

As the blue eyes pup finally spoke up about humming while playing the warrior nodded his approval. "We tend to hum and sing a lot when we're having fun." He felt so calm now, relaxed in this moment of having knowledge that another didn't. He peace was however interrupted cruelly when Gotham opened his mouth once again. Ebony ears flicked backwards in almost a twitch as he mentally forced his ears to stay up. It had to stop sometime...right? As Gotham looked back at him he painted a face of approval upon his muzzle. " Very good." He said, his tone flawlessly even no matter how his ears now stung. "With a little more practice you'll be singing no problem." Was it wrong to lie to a pup? He didn't want to hurt the poor boys feelings but he was pretty bad. Still, he stuck to the lying.

[/html]
[html]
Sure :]

That was a good thing to know! Now Gotham knew that if someone was humming or singing they were probably having fun. But what if they weren't humming or singing? Did that mean they were bored? The boy didn't think so, because sometimes he had fun without humming. He would have to keep that in mind, because he didn't want to feel sad because he assumed that someone was bored with him just because they weren't humming. He smiled and nodded at Jazper's statement, committing it to memory. Maybe if he wanted to convince someone he was happy he could just start humming!

This singing thing was rather fun, but Gotham could tell that he wasn't as good as the older wolf was. He was very relieved to get words of encouragement, though, and made plans to practice a bit! Maybe Jazper could even help him some more, and one day he might just sound as good as he did. With a wide grin, he replied, "Ken ya teach me, Jazper?" He stared with wide eyes and thumped his tail on the ground a few times. Maybe when he shifted he could learn to play the guitar, too! That would be so much fun. Jazper was very cool, and the fact that he had a sword made him super cool. Maybe Gotham could have a sword, too.

Requiem made this ♥
[/html]
[html]

The question wasn't a shock to the warrior. Pups thought they could be taught everything. After all they where taught to speak, walk, use manners and share. Most of their personality was learned up to this point minus a few details. More likely their behaviour was taught from parents and pack mates rather then their own thought patterns. It was not until pups where older that they could really think for their own, around Gotham's age. He vividly remembered thinking everything his parents told him, or an adult for that matter, was true. He had leaned the hard way that sometimes others are not always as nice as the people you grow up with. That as a young wolf you can be sheltered from the reality that others can be harmful, even deadly. They can lie, cheat, and use your naivety to their advantage. His eyes looked around himself and the pup half expecting to see the coyote leader that had sent a pack to kill his parents.

Satisfied that there was no such danger he rested calm golden eyes on Gotham's tiny black body. "Singing isn't really something I can teach you, I'm not an expert at it in anyone's opinion." How could he explain to a boy that not everything was taught? "It's something you practice on your own and get better at very gradually. Just like your speech is improving a little every day, and you learn new words, you'll find that coming up with words in a melody will gradually get easier." Standing up now he reached his arms, hand in fists, up in the air and let his muzzle open in a yawn. "Purhaps we should head back to the manor and hum as we walk." He suggested with a playful wink as he started towards the mansion.

[/html]
[html]
[/html]300+

The song that the other had been singing was quite nice, and Gotham really did want to sing like that. Jazper was much older than the pup was (as everyone full grown was in his mind), and he had lots of time to practice. From his lessons in pouncing he knew that the only way to get better at some things was to practice, so he would keep doing that. Maybe one day he would be as good as the big black wolf! Perhaps he could find a guitar, too, and learn to play that. Hopefully Jazper would help him, because it looked like a very hard thing to do.

Gotham looked up to the wolf with wide blue eyes when he let him know that singing wasn't something you could be taught. The pup furrowed his brows for a minute, until Jazper's next statement reached his ears. It was nice to hear that his previous assumption was right, and he smiled just a little. It was hard for him to think of things to sing about right now, which was why he had merely explained the things that were happening around him. His melody, now that he thought about it, was completely nonexistent. The boy would have to find one, and put his words into it. Listening carefully to Jazper's words so that he would one day make an excellent singer too, Gotham nodded and replied softly, "Mmkay."

Jazper stood up and the younger wolf popped onto his feet too. It was still raining and it was getting rather chilly, and the mansion seemed like a nice place to be at that particular moment. The boy nodded briskly and began to walk by the other's side. His tail wagged in time to his haphazard arrangement as he sung, quite happily, "Mm mm mm and we're a-goin' back to tha mansion!"[html]
[/html]