outside it's armageddon.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_disorder.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
OMG I SUCK I SUCK I SUCK. I totally forgot I said I would start this, and I even freaking put it on my postlog. Well, that scrolling div in there is going bye-bye, since I think I'm on top enough of my threads to not need to scroll down but apparently I am definitely not. D: I'm so sorry. <3

Ohayy, if you were directed here via a link relative to Kae's cave, that's because this post has descriptionz of Kae's cave. =D

There was rain again. It drummed on the earth outside steadily, filling the hybrid woman's ears as she rearranged things in her cave. After a long time sleeping in Gabriel's cave and on the coast (when it wasn't pouring buckets outside) the hybrid woman had finally decide to break out on her own, figuring she'd intruded on her son long enough. The hub of Inferni seemed like the best place to settle, since there were many coyotes here and it was perhaps the safest place, but Kaena had wavered on this point for some time, wondering if the less-inhabited mansion would be better, since there were fewer faces to intrude on her much-needed solitude there. But Kaena was not accustomed to sleeping in human arrangements, and ultimately she decided that she would rather live in the wilderness than in a man-made dwelling.

The silvery canine was awake, though it was growing late in the day and the sun was surely halfway set behind the clouds. Thunder rumbled in the distance, and lightning illuminated the mouth of the cave for an instant, but by the time Kaena glanced up, the world was swallowed back up by the darkness again. The hybrid woman was quick to go back to her work, which was rather simple and mostly involved neurotically re-arranging things over and over again. She did not have many possessions here—there was a tattered army blanket in the corner, stiff wool with a hole in it, and a flat, dirty pillow, both things she'd scrounged from the city. This served as her bed, though she usually just shifted to her lupus form and shoved the pillow aside, curling up on the blanket. Though Kaena had seen a few mattresses in her outings to the human world, none were in good condition, and she had left them where they were rotting.

Her sleeping area was elevated from the rest of the cave, and behind it a smaller, higher area, too cramped for a coyote but perfect for the few important items she had. Naniko's jar of healing stuff sat against the wall, almost gone since she'd used most of it as a salve for her Haku-inflicted wounds. It had worked well in conjunction with the ocean's water. Next to that were the pair of sparking rocks she'd found in the corner of the bay, in that ancient human place far from the city. She hadn't found much use for them yet, since she still had some matches, but when they ran out, perhaps those rocks would be useful. Beside that sat the tattooing items, ready and waiting for Halo. The coyote was not impatient; she looked forward to the necklace but she was also quite excited to have another coyote bear their symbol, striking the chaos star into another's flesh. The bottles she'd gotten from the city gleamed in the dim light, both of them still unopened.

Beside that, Kaena's two knives sat—one was the common utility knife the same thing she'd used to cut her own fur before when it needed trimming. The other was a glittering ritual dagger, glistening sharp and half-hidden by a ripped piece of cloth. She'd cleaned her own blood from the thing, and it disgusted and fascinated her at the same time. The silver woman wanted badly to pitch the thing into the ocean, but she could not, try as she might. Maybe she would find a use for it, someday. Her tattered canvas bag was next to her blanket, crumpled and emptied of everything, and there was a single, thick candle with three wicks sticking up from it, all three of them burning brightly, casting a dim, flickering into her cave. She sighed softly, her golden eye roving over these things. A sense of contentment overtook the ashen hybrid at last, and she settled down near the entrance of the cave, peering into the rainy darkness, listening to the dull roar of thunder.
[/html]
[html]

1000+ Holy shit, sorry for the length.

This was a fucking pathetic day and Halo was furious. She had been outside the mansion cleaning one of the cages with her killer rodents when things had fucked up and a few of the rodents had started to gnaw on her hands. It had resulted in a number of deaths where Halo had stomped and torn all the creatures apart in her rage. Pieces of intestines and shattered bodies lay all over the area close to the back door where she had met Kaena Lykoi for the first time. Bloody fucking hell, and fucking rats. Halo simply lifted the cage and shook it while holding it upside down, dirt and body parts and whatever else the little fuckers had left fell to the ground. After, the cage was thrown aside as the heavy rain had continued. She would leave it outside for a while so that the rain could wash away whatever was left of the dirt. The girl was bloody and red with shit all over. What a fucking depressing life she was leading. The girl was alone, and when so she rarely locked up her emotional states. The girl was far more unstable than she let anyone see, because she was so awesome at hiding the most violent waves and outbursts. Knowing that she had killed now helped, and she turned abruptly towards the door and stomped through it, leaving it open to be slammed shut by a particularly nasty breath from the temperamental wind.

The Lykoi girl marched up to her room and sunk down on top of her bed, watching the youngest rodents in the proper cage that she was going to train properly and bend to her own will. That cage was positioned next to the bed not far from the closet where this ivory Siobhan once had retrieved her dresses from. Today Halo’s clothes ruled that closet, but she had mainly quit using clothes so to match her grandmother. Yes. Kaena. Ruby eyes found the spot on the table where the finished necklace rested. It was done, but the girl had yet to hand it over to the matriarch. Straight after Kaena’s, Halo had created her own necklace, but this had a few additional bones, but they were made out of a fox. She had made it so that she could easily change it and add a few teeth to make it perfect, but Halo wanted teeth from a wolf. Addison’s teeth should be hanging there by now, but the bloody girl had managed to get away with her life intact. Everything fucking sucked. Why could she not be like her incredible grandmother? The dark girl groaned in self disgust and went to another corner of the room and kicked the remaining cage with the few remaining killer rodents that were meant to be used on stupid pathetic wolves.

She would die of claustrophobia if she stayed inside this room, this house any longer now. The young girl simply could not stand it. Unfortunately, the girl had not seen Kaena lately, but perhaps she should be the one to seek out the older woman. The girl snatched her grandmother’s necklace on her way out. Her heavy and angry footsteps down the stairs rumbled like any thunder would, and she kicked the front door open and left the large house, of course not bothering to close the door properly this time either. It seemed like she was the only bloody person that used this house anyway, so why should she bother with anything. Rain instantly started to whip at her already damp fur. Her lovely hair.. This fucking rain. As the girl walked, she took on her grandmother’s necklace, and it fitted her so well that she almost wanted to keep it. It would have been easy to come up with a pitiful excuse about losing the tooth and then forget all about it. The only disadvantage was that she could not have worn it officially because Kaena lived in the same clan with the same people as Halo. Nah, the girl would not have taken the thing anyway, because she utterly adored the head of the Lykoi family.

For hours, the girl wandered across Inferni soil. It was clear that she had no idea of where her grandmother stayed. The girl wandered around as if blind before she finally started to head towards the caves. She had not ventured much around that area, because she had quickly realized that she was afraid of meeting Gabriel again. The girl could not point out why she felt as she did about the uncle, but it was probably just because she did not know him. So many uncomfortable things had been revealed at the borders when she first had arrived, and she imagined that he despised her because she was Vitium’s child. She was tired and aggravated when she finally reached the caves, and went from opening to opening to see if anyone was home. It looked unnaturally empty, and she was seriously starting to wonder where the hell everyone had taken the way. She was about to stomp past yet another opening when she realized that there was a form sitting there. The girl halted immediately and grimaced as she stared towards the form, wondering if it was her own brain or her grandmother in there. The soaked form of Halo decided that it could very well be Kaena, and walked towards the cave entrance with heavy steps in the mud.

There was definitely light coming from the entrance, and Halo was for a moment amazed. She never bothered with any extra light inside the mansion. She usually just stomped around in the darkness, unafraid because she was determined to be the monster. ”Kaena?” the girl called out softly, her light melody holding nothing of the fury that still boiled within. She was not that angry anymore, but hell; this weather had surely caused her mood to drop beneath zero. Now when she was positive that she was no longer alone, however, Halo’s stance and way of being changed drastically and there was only warmth in her movements, though it was still very obvious that she was in a horrible mood from walking hours in shitty rain. The thunder did not at all affect the hybrid girl, because her mind already roared louder.

[/html]
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_columbus.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
This might be wonky because I am insanely tired and I probably should not be writing. D:

The coyote hybrid had never been particularly inclined to stake claim to any particular space as her own. The general vicinity was good enough for her; she hadn't taken a permanent residence in Inferni until she gave birth to Ahren's litter. It was no surprise it had been almost four months since her return, and she had only now sought out her own dwelling. Nothing had seemed right, intially. She had spent many weeks sleeping in Gabriel's cave, taking a few nights just crashing on the coast, curled into a ball in her four-legged form with the sound of the waves in her ears. The silvery hybrid had also inspected many different places she could have stayed; there was an interesting sort of rotted-out vehicle down in Harrow Road, but it required a lot of work the hybrid woman simply wasn't skilled enough for. The other caves had also seemed dreary at first, too gray and empty. Back then she had fewer possessions and less of a need to store things away, and even now her cave was bare of decor.

The hybrid had also explored the mansion, but even before her trip there, the Veritas had known she would not find a place that felt like home. Kaena had spent the better part of her life sleeping on the open ground or curled in her lupus form in a den; sleeping in a wide-open bed in a square space was just odd to her, though she understood why some canines chose to do it. Many Luperci had taken to more human characteristics in more recent years, though Kaena could recall a dim and distant time when most remained in their four-legged forms. It was not that they could not shift; it was just not as common to do so nearly ten years ago when the hybrid woman was young. Still, humanization was not necessarily a bad thing. Those herbs given to her by Naniko were certainly a technology learned from humans, and perhaps it was that very thing which had kept her from suffering infection this time around. There was some good in acquiring human ways, she was certain of it.

The silvery canine was quite content to watch the storm, these thoughts churning in her head as she considered her own situation. She now remained in her two-legged form more often than not, simply for the dexterity it provided. The hybrid woman understood more of the world now, and she had taken to manipulating objects in it, something she had not often bothered with in her youth. She had been far more concerned with simple bloodshed and violence then; now more important things loomed in her mind. There was still that dark thing, as much a part of her as her very bones—that lurking vile part of her, pacing in the deeper corners of her mind. Still, she quelled it as best she could, concentrating her energy on the greater tasks at hand—protecting the family and the clan. There was much that could still be done to strengthen the coyotes; the hybrid woman was sure of it. There was always something. A wander around the borders, a decoration to be added.

There was a figure in the rain, murky and unidentifiable at first. Her golden eye narrowed, peering forward to make out who it was. The hybrid was rather surprised to see Halo emerge from the rain—the coyote hybrid hadn't seen her anywhere near the caves, and she'd eventually figured out that the younger coyote indeed lived in the mansion—but the one time the coyote had been there since their first meeting, her grandchild had not, though her scent was strong enough around the place to confirm the elder woman's assumption. Her recent injuries as well as her search for a place of residence had kept her rather busy, and Kaena was immediately guilty she hadn't sought the younger woman out sooner. It had taken a few weeks to procure what was needed from the city, though, and there was some comfort in that. What was the rush? They were members of the same clan, after all—bound to run into each other sooner or later.

The cloudy hybrid smiled and stood up. It was a slower process than usual, and she used one hand to prop herself up on the rock. She stepped aside, beckoning quickly to the younger woman. "Please, come in," the grizzled woman said. "This isn't the greatest weather for a walk," she added, jester's grin planted on her scarred features. She wondered what would have driven the burnt cinnamon furred coyote from her comfortable home in this dreary storm; certainly it was fun to watch, but to wander in it? The coyote was sorry she couldn't start a fire in here; it would have to be tiny and close to the entrance, otherwise she ran the risk of suffocating in the smoke. Still, it was warmer and drier inside of her cave than outside in the storm. Besides, there was something the two of them had been meaning to take care of lately—the tattoo loomed in Kaena's mind.
[/html]
[html]

I suck so much, but I have troubles with inspiration in general atm >_> Don't hate libri!

The girl silently wondered how she was looking. With a completely soaked fur she knew she looked like a complete fuckup. Ears were already flattened in a deadly manner. If Kaena had laughed at her granddaughter’s appearance just now, the possibility creating a hell of a scene was more than likely. Although she doubted that any other being held more of her respect and love than Kaena Lykoi, Halo’s temper could not always be controlled. Halo was close enough to see the lack of complete elegance and strength as the older woman rose. Crimson eyes instantly narrowed, yet still glowing with fire burning within. Fire brought to life by those chaotic genes that had brought her to Inferni in the first place.

There were words that wanted to be spoken, but the girl’s teeth grinded together with unnecessary strength. The woman did of course mention the weather and grin that grin, but the girl’s mind was impossible to touch now. The girl stepped into the cave and out of the rain. She crouched down on all four and shook her fur fiercely before rising again to look at the woman in front of her. Eyes found every new scratch and tear. The grimace forced its way into her facial expression when she saw the shoulder, and her hands flew up to cover her mouth as she gasped. For now she was completely taken by surprise. Consuming anger would come later. ”What happened!” The tooth necklace hanging around her neck was completely forgotten.

[/html]
[html]
AAAH I THOUGHT I REPLIED LAST NIGHT. I am so sorry. D: Lmfao, and I had another one here! I typed shit instead of she. -giggles-

Recovery was always the worst part of fighting for the silvery hybrid. She enjoyed the brutality of battle, the vicious whirlwind of the fight—but there was the lull afterward, there was limping away, pained and strength waning. There were days, weeks, months even, spent recuperating from injury. As she aged, it had grown no easier. Maybe if she were a younger canine, facing Haku would not have damaged her so badly. Even so, perhaps then, she would not have walked away at all. The hybrid woman had the distinct feeling it was only her experience which had allowed her to live, and nothing more. This brought a chill to her soul, even as she smiled warmly and welcomed the sodden coyote into her cave. It was already slightly damp inside anyway, and most of Kaena's things were toward the back. She nodded her head, stepping back for the coppery woman to shake off. As her de le Poer eyes returned to Kaena's body, they became slits, intensive and inspecting every inch of the silvery hybrid's body. There were new marks across it, adding to the already ripped and knotted flesh on the elder hybrid. They were as everything else on her body—proof of her survival, proof of her worth.

The coyote woman stood silently for this, almost wanting to whirl around and show she was quite alright. Still, there were vile thoughts in her head, lurking reminiscent images of her recent fights and the tidal wave of emotion and churning thought they had set loose within the hybrid woman. She smiled again at Halo, beckoning for her to come further inside, heading there herself. The silver canine spoke casually as she turned. "Just a couple scuffles and scratches, is all." She shrugged her shoulder, causing a small ripple of pain to shiver up it. "Jezebel's taken pretty good care of me," she said. There was that, and the herbs from Naniko—and of course, her old standby, the salt water. Before Inferni had a healer, she would simply soak in the ocean's waves for some hours a day, letting the most natural remedy cure her injuries. This way was much faster, though—and she had lost consciousness upon making it to Inferni, hadn't she? Without Jezebel and Gabriel to cart her home, she might have died in the rain that night.

Thanks to Akumu for the table!
[/html]
[html]
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/l ... able-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:230px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top:10px;">
I are hases sexy set<3 (300)

She had meant what she had said that her grandmother was beautiful with all her scars and marks. They spoke of life rather than death, because Kaena had dodged death several times in her long and eventful life. Halo could not have imagined it on beforehand, but right now, looking at those fresh lines and wounds made her feel sick to her stomach. How close to the deceiving light had her beloved grandmother been at the end of the fight? Eyes stayed narrowed as the older woman seemed to take it all with ease, but Halo was not happy about this discovery. She wanted to flash her teeth and claws and destroy something or someone. Oversized ears flickered in thought of fun stuff she could have done to whoever had done this to her Goddess. She did not know this Jezebel that the older hybrid was talking of and felt a hard pinch of jealousy. She wished Kaena would have let her know about this sooner and let her be with her. Halo was mad after pleasing the woman and it hurt a bit to think that perhaps she did not matter that much to Kaena as she had believed at first. Paranoia was Halo’s friend in times like these.

She had to let it go because Kaena seemed to take it all with ease. Halo could also be cool then. She could try at least. The rage wanted to burn a hole in her chest, but the young girl nodded and flashed something she hoped would pass as a sly grin. ”I hope you killed the bastard.” if not then Halo would chase the fucker to the end of the world and kill him in a horrible way. She wanted blood to be spilled, wanted the bastard to pay back every drop of blood that had been stolen from Kaena whenever this had happened. ”I brought you the necklace.” she then simply said, remembering the jewellery that was hanging around her own neck. This was one of her better works in all honesty, but she couldn’t keep it. One day she would have lots of teeth of her own that she could decorate her body with. She removed the necklace carefully and offered it to her lovely grandmother with her an open palm.

[/html]
[html]
<333 I loves you. Big Grin And I forgot, it was going to be the tooth with a hole drilled for the necklace, on what kind of cord? D: I R bad. Hooray for vague descriptions!

The ash-colored hybrid did not like to contemplate her death, not anymore. In her youth she had pursued him readily, eager to walk down that foggy road toward him. Now, things had shifted dramatically, and she feared death. She did not wish to leave this earth, though she had lived a long life—she was not ready for it to be over, and she wanted to exist forever. Live forever. That phrase was delicious to her mind, and she wondered how one might accomplish such a thing. Ancient men had quested for places and objects that would yield immortality, but none had succeeded, had they? Or if they did succeed, it was in some figurative way, through legend or story of their quest for everlasting life, and the men themselves died of old age or sickness in their bed.

That thought was disdainful as any, the thought of perishing as an old, frail woman. There was something of a viking in Kaena, lusting for the battle-death. Only, for Kaena, the afterlife was an unknown. Would she remain with her family, haunting each passing generation? Would she simply vanish? Was there something or someone waiting on the other side for her? Honestly, truly—wandering so close to the razor edge of the unknown had been horrifying. She was still rattled by it, though speaking of him and the fight was done with ease. She still moved slowly, the healing injuries still hobbling her. At Halo's words the hybrid smirked, thinking of his lifeless body thumping to the ground in front of her. "Doubt he'll be troubling anyone again." Cryptic enough. True, there was no body—no body, a fearful voice in her head repeated—but maybe someone had come to remove it.

Her eye brightened and she turned back to Halo, watching her as she removed the necklace, the sun-yellow gaze already focused on the pretty thing her grand-daughter had crafted. There was that sallow tooth, the one she had pried from a dead man's mouth in her feverish injury. It dangled in the air in front of the older hybrid, dancing and shining in the flickering candlelight. The elder canine smiled, her yellow gaze shifting to Halo after a moment spent admiring the work. There was a tiny hole drilled in the upper part of the tooth with a tiny silver ring there, certainly a far better hold on the precious item than the silver canine could have crafted. "It's lovely. Will you please put it on me?" the hybrid asked. She was not certain she knew how to work the clasp, and she did not want to struggle with it (or maybe even break it unintentionally).

Table by James
[/html]
[html]
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/l ... able-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:230px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top:10px;">
I was thinking maybe kind of metal chain similar to this : http://www.homeytex.com/products/vertical_...metal_chain.jpg , but if you don't fancy you can just powerplay whichever type of chain you desire. Dude, I'm just like a month late with this reply! NOT LATE AT ALL TOTALLY <33 (500+)

The granddaughter was satisfied with the answer provided by the lovely woman and would settle with that, imagining a large chunk of bloody fur. She wondered if it would be a clever thing to ask if Kaena could her teach a trick or two when it came to fighting. It seemed like there was enough fighting in these lands. Truthfully, was this not what she kind of wanted? Halo wanted to taste that blood and this life, but she knew that she was not yet ready. Unfortunately. The girl was aware of her own strange ways and thoughts, but then again this was all that she knew of and in that regard it was all normal. She wanted to prove herself and show them that the wolf in her was dead. Halo shooed on the bitter thoughts and turned to her grandmother, slowly taking in the blooming light in Kaena’s eyes. So beautiful. The younger canine’s face was a mirror of the older one’s, her happiness feeding off Kaena. She liked it!

Lovely, the older woman said! Halo nodded generically when the woman asked for her to put it on her. Yes, yes, of course she would! With trained fingers the girl unclasped the necklace and stepped closer. She thought maybe she ought to have asked Kaena to turn around as it would be easier to see the clasp when she put it on her, but this was just too much of an opportunity to come up close to the woman. Halo did not like to touch people unless she was in absolute control or/and simply adored that being. She loved her grandmother so much. The one that had accepted her without any questions. She wanted to be close and breathe in the Kaena-scented air forever. Hands elegantly wrapped around the matriarch’s neck and Halo took care to enjoy the little body contact while it lasted because her fingers were too skilled with all aspects of jewellery. The clasp was on and she stepped back to admire her work. It really was a lovely necklace.

Was it her turn now? Lungs filled up with cool air as her thoughts started to dance around the thought of her very own chaos star. Fuck, yes. She wanted it so badly. She wanted to feel the dye sting into her skin and make her beautiful. After the branding, who would ever dare to think any filthy thoughts about her! No one. Samael had a Lykoi star as well. Before the girl knew it she felt her cheeks go hot, too hot. Red eyes fell to the ground in instant embarrassment in this realization, but she could always attempt to derail this sudden change into tension. ”Do you have anything for me?” With her hands now clasped behind against her back the girl shyly looked up at her beloved grandmother, her smile almost nervously shivering with anticipation.

Samael too had accepted her. She had seen darkness in his eyes, but he had not touched her. She thought of the present he had given her. It was in her room. She had tested it out on a rat the moment she had come home that day and it was so beautiful how the sharp metal sliced through skin, flesh and even bones. He definitely was her favourite uncle!

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_razor.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Nope, that's peeeerfect. :3

When the coyote woman was young, she could never have imagined that she would have children, much less grandchildren. She was sad that the others had departed her, certainly—but here was one shining, bright star left in her life, one reverent grandchild to call her own. The hybrid woman considered herself lucky; she knew few canines who lived to see their progeny's progress as she had. She was a proud old thing, to be sure, and the hybrid woman saw in this russet-furred youth the hopes for the future of her very family.

The Hydra advanced and her arms looped about the hybrid woman's head, deftly closing the clasp with her more dexterous fingers. The hybrid woman could not contain the smile on her face, and her eye half-lidded, enjoying being close to her grandchild. When the russet coyote retreated, the grizzled matron's hand immediately flew to the necklace, picking it up off of her chest and peering at it again, her scarred face twisting into a grin. "This is quite a talent, my dear," the silvery hybrid said, allowing the tooth to fall back onto her chest, enjoying its weight. It was familiar to her already.

Kaena reclined back a little, grinning still at her granddaughter's shyness. Her black-tipped tail shook twice in appreciation, and the hybrid nodded. "I went to the city and I've got what I need," the hybrid said casually, turning to kneel on her bed. She grabbed each item she required for the process—the mirror, to gaze on her own tattoo; the inks in red and black; the sharp straight-edged razor to remove fur that got in the way; the gun with its severed cord. The hybrid was not proficient enough to establish a power source, though she knew it could be done—and anyway, the painstaking, time-consuming process of hand-tattooing was so personal.

"You picked a spot yet?" the hybrid asked, her usual gruff tone and less-than-eloquent diction. She had turned back to the young woman, and the grizzled coyote was practically vibrant with excitement for the impending tattoo. She had applied it to many of her children, and it would be a wonderful tradition to keep to pass to the next generations of Lykoi. The hybrid woman found herself missing her other grandchildren, the departed who would not possess their chaos stars anytime soon, and that hurt. Still, there was one hope left for the future, and it was right here in front of her, diligent in her attachment to her surname.

[/html]
[html]
I love being able to write up posts while at work Don't have grammar checker though D: (300+)

The compliment from the matriarch was almost more than the young girl could take without breaking into a puppy-like excitement. She would probably never know if her father had ever loved her. If she would have to guess she would say no. her thoughts could have drifted further down into the past, but the Lykoi girl rejected and disposed of the unpleasant pondering as quickly as she recognized it. Kaena was here and she was her world now. Kaena had shown her love and affection from the first time. Ruby eyes glittered with pride. The young girl had been uncertain whether to use a finer metal chain or not, but now when Kaena was wearing it, she was certain that she had made the right choice. Gold and jewels did not make the ornament, this she had learned early. Soon Halo too would have a similar necklace, only with more fangs. This wolf’s tooth meant something to Kaena, but Halo would want trophies from all her victims. She already knew what kind of necklace she wanted, and this was work that would be done slowly, because she wanted a necklace made up entirely by teeth.

The girl’s nerves turned sincere when the older woman turned to retrieve what was needed for a tattoo. Perhaps this had been a bad idea. Halo recognized those regretting outbursts in her own mind and was filled with disgust. It was only pain and in return she would achieve eternal glory. A very good trade. The hybrid girl made sure to breathe properly. Deep breaths in a slow and steady tempo to relieve the stress that suddenly wanted to overwhelm her. When the older woman asked if she had picked a spot, Halo’s right hand instantly lifted to be placed above her own heart. ”Where it belongs.” She said, suddenly feeling full of confidence again. She would get her own chaos star. This was wonderful. Her hand rose slightly, gliding up against the layer of her fur. A bit under her collarbone, above her curved breast, that was where it should be. ”Here” Other Lykoi members had been seen with their tattoo on their arms and so on, but Halo wanted to be just like Kaena.

[/html]
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_disorder.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Oh, man. Workposting! I might try to get this job, it's like, a 40 minute plus commute, but I'd be doing web design and stuff, so... :O If there's downtime, I will damn sure skippy post. XD

Kaena herself had often wondered what had possessed Vitium to deliver his children to Inferni. There was no reason for it—certainly he knew his kin would not keep the terrible betrayal he had committed from his progeny. It was no darkly-kept family secret; there had been plenty of Lykoi to bear witness to Vitium's treachery. But Halo and her siblings were not their father, and there was no good goddamn reason to condemn them just because of where they had come from. Halo had never given Kaena even an instant of doubt, nor had her brothers in the brief time Kaena had known either of them. The hybrid might have been wary on first meeting them, but she hadn't been present for that.

The coyote woman herself was nearly trembling with excitement, though she steeled herself to keep her hands from shaking. It was always a wonderful event to add the mark of the Lykoi to a new generation of them, and the hybrid woman greatly enjoyed being a part of these rites. She had done this to several of her own children, marking them with the brilliant red star that stood for them. This was living tradition. Her shining single eye returned to Halo, watching with a strange look as the girl touched the very same place where Kaena had her own star tattooed. A smile spread across the scarred woman's face, and she looked to the cinnamon-furred coyote's gaze.

The silvery coyote drew a breath sharply, and nodded, too bowled over by the young woman's choice of placement to comment for the moment. There was that same reverent look on her face, and she shuffled forward, blade in hand. Though it was a fearsome tool, the hybrid could hardly raise it to one of her own flesh and blood to strike, not without damn good reason, and she paused, grinning again up at the younger canine. "Good spot, if I do say so myself," the hybrid said softly, her golden eye flicking up to Halo's face, poised to begin the tattoo process. "Ready?"

[/html]
[html]
Wrap up soon? Should totally have a new one where they can talk about what has happened. Haku, Samael, club gossip de luxe? (300+)

Halo inhaled deeply, knowing too well that she would have to sit entirely still so that the tattoo would be perfect. She felt the adrenaline’s desire to shake her and cause a light shivering, but she somehow managed to keep from moving. The instrument that Kaena was sitting with looked quite horrible, knowing that it would pierce her skin many thousand times. A thrilled smile spread across Halo’s delicate features when she was complimented on the spot chosen for the crimson star. It made all the sense in the world though. Halo had never felt any particular connection with anything or anyone before she had come here to the clan where her father’s false songs had promised things that were not real. She had discovered that not all of his tales were lies. The Lykoi blood ran thick through many of the members here, and she had found people to adore and love. It was odd to know that she was loved as well.

Her mind drifted for a moment to her two brothers. Her cheeks wanted to blush in instant anger, but she tried to sort out the train of thoughts into a more neutral direction. She wondered exactly why they had left. Were they happy where they were? Did they still live? Was Jael taking the role as his mother’s child or his father? She hoped they would never return to Inferni. It was easy hating them on distance, to never have to face them and scream the word traitor. Jael she could almost understand leaving, but not Enigma. Who would have thought that the only female in the litter would be the toughest and worthiest of them? Hah! Now the girl finally nodded. This was an honour that none of her siblings would experience. At least not anytime soon. This was a fucking honour and her happiness mixed in with the worry.

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_razor.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Yes'm. Big Grin And I am not exactly sure how the tattoos work. >_> I guess the fur just doesn't grow back where the ink has been put, or the fur grows back with the color? D: Something like that. XD

For his behavior, Vitium had done well by his mother, delivering his own children to Inferni's bosom to be nurtured and indoctrinated in the same way he had as a child. It was no guarantee they would stay, as Jael and Enigma had proven, but at least there was Halo here—at least there was this shining example of a grandchild. The hybrid smiled again at the thought, settling to work as the younger hybrid gave a firm nod. Kaena did not need to admonish her to remain still as she had with the younger children when she had marked them with the star; Halo seemed to understand perfectly well what had to happen here. The hybrid's hand swiftly scraped away the fur, leaving a roughly square-shaped bald patch on her chest. It was ugly for the moment, but in just a little while it would be filled with the chaos star.

The hybrid set the razor down, picking up the inks and the tattoo gun. She'd already played with it some, so she was rather familiar with its workings. The coyote didn't believe in tattooing just for its own sake, else she might have added more markings to her own flesh. Tattoos were like scars—they had to stand for something, they had to mean something, otherwise they were worthless. She smiled, attaching the red dye to the back of the gun. Silvery fingers picked up the mirror, placing it in the younger coyote's hand, pulling the hand until the hybrid could see her own chaos star on her own chest. "Hold it there, dear," she muttered, already immersed in her work.

It was intricate, painstaking work, hand-tattooing the girl's flesh, but the hybrid worked quite steadily, and before long, there was a red circle on her chest, the center of it pale and fleshy. The coyote set to work creating the eight different lines extending outward from that central point, thin and spidery just like her own. Before long, there was an arrow attached to each of the lines, pointing outward in each direction. The red part of the tattoo was complete, and the hybrid leaned back, stretching out her hand and shaking it free from the cramp that had started aching in her palm. "You can set the mirror down now," the coyote said, smiling faintly. It was done. "We might need to add another layer of red, but only if the color grows dull," the hybrid said. She had never needed to paint over her own once more, but perhaps that was because it had been applied by an extremely experienced hand.

[/html]
[html]
Oh the pleasure of being able to skip details! (300+)

For a brief second the girl did not understand when she received the mirror. At first she thought it would be so that she could look at Kaena working, something she definitely did not want to do, but then she realized that Kaena needed a reference- a picture to look at while creating the tattoo. When her grandmother let go of her hand and told her to hold it there the girl merely nodded, not trusting her own voice any longer. She could feel her body slowly betray her and the hand with the mirror shook gently. She did her best to hold it still, but it was apparent that Halo was slightly nervous.

The young hybrid bit her lip when the sharp needle connected with her skin. It hurt. She had never expected anything else though and tried to treat this like some sort of test. The girl’s body wanted to pull back from the instrument that created pain, but Halo sat absolutely still, her hand now the only part of her that shook slightly. If she moved then the star would be destroyed and so the girl actually did not dare to do anything. Her nose itched, but she did not dare to make a move to scratch it.

It took long time, but after a while the pain was not at all difficult to ignore. Her skin was starting to feel numb under the tattoo gun. At first when the girl had tried to close her eyes things had started to spin, but now it was no longer hard to shut out the world and drift away. When Kaena’s voice finally sounded, the young girl almost felt startled. When the young girl’s hand slowly fell, she realized how tired it was. Her other hand quickly darted over to the arm to stroke it gently while she flexed her fingers. Halo could feel a smile break into her face. ”Is it done?” Her smile did not linger, however. She did not dare to look at her chest, afraid of what she could see. It felt like her skin there was just a patch of raw flesh.

[/html]
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_bloody.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:230px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
Wheeeeee. XD

The silvery hybrid had never been more ecstatic to tattoo a member of her own family; perhaps it was because it would have been so easy for Halo to end up elsewhere. Here was her loveliest grandchild, the only one remaining so close and so loving toward her grandmother, getting her chaos star, irrefutable proof that she was among the group of canines which called themselves Lykoi. She leaned back and examined her handiwork. The patched fur looked odd, certainly, but the tattoo itself was brilliantly shiny, and it looked as good as it would in the coming weeks.

The lead-furred coyote cracked a grin at Halo, nodding her head enthusiastically, flipping the mirror around for her to look. "Get your look now before the swelling sets in," the ashen canine advised. "It won't look good again till it heals," she teased gently. No one ever said getting a tattoo was painless or simple—Halo would have to take care to disinfect the wound at least once a day with an ocean soak, and if it began to ache sharply, she would have to use some of Naniko's salve on the tattoo, and hope that it killed the infection—and if not, off to a healer they went. None of the tattoos Kaena had ever delivered had resulted in infection like that before, though the coyote who taught her this art had warned her of such things happening.

"You'll have to soak it in the ocean once a day, and if it hurts a lot more than it usually does, come find me right away. Should totally heal up in about a month," the hybrid said, perhaps overestimating the time slightly—in truth, they were not totally healed for six weeks, though most of the time they ceased showing signs of tenderness and swelling after just a week and a half. "Do you like it?"

thanks to james for the header image
[/html]
[html]
Oeoeoe time for emo thread now?! Big GrinDD (300+)

Halo’s skin still stung dimly, but it was over now. She had gone through this and come out victorious. The grandchild looked into the face of her dearly beloved grandmother and she enjoyed the rays from Kaena’s marvellous grin. She loved how the older woman’s scars caused additional wrinkles to run across Kaena’s face, making it more of a grimace than a smile in the eyes of someone who could not see what Halo so clearly saw. The girl was almost about to jump into a tight embrace when the other woman flipped the mirror around and revealed the glistering red star on the young hybrid’s chest. Ruby eyes stared at the magnificent star and the youth stayed silent for a few moments as she just took in the sight. That was right, that star was on her own fucking chest. There would never be any doubt that she was a true Lykoi now, branded by the Matron herself.

Halo’s eyes prickled uncomfortably, wanting to cry. She would not allow such a thing, but could not keep her eyes from turning slightly glossy. Again she wanted to dive into Kaena’s arms, but she was not sure if she was supposed to let her newly branded chest touch anything. Would the ink go off if she did that? Halo was now reminded how extremely poor her knowledge about tattoos was. Oversized ears flicked forward to take in the other woman’s words about how to take care of the tattoo. A month? She would look hideous for a whole month? Before the disappointment could settle clearly in her face she tried to twist this into something positive. What mattered was that she had received her own Lykoi star and that was all that mattered. There was no other way to obtain one and it had already been done. The girl nodded, awarding her wonderful, beautiful grandmother a glorious smile. ”Thank you, Grandmother.”

[/html]
[html]
Ja, will start. Big Grin

The silvery canine grinned at her granddaughter's disappointment, shaking her head. She had given a few tattoos, and her own had healed up rather nicely; the work on Halo's chest was the best she'd ever done. The hybrid had been practicing with the gun over the past few months, leaving the ink empty and tracing over any patterns she could find to help her hand grow steady. It had worked; the lines on the tattoo were perfectly sharp and clear, and the red was the very same deep shade of crimson as her own. "No problem. It will calm down in a few weeks, but it might be sensitive for the month," she elaborated, smiling as she set the mirror back down. The hybrid fiddled with the tattoo gun for a minute, disconnecting the ink. She'd have to wash it out, she knew that much, but she figured ocean water would do just fine for that. Kaena wasn't planning on opening a shop to tattoo any old canine who stumbled upon her; she would only be using this gun on canines she knew well enough to endure for half an hour, and so she had no worries about spreading disease.

The younger canine spoke her thanks, and the hybrid nodded, her shining yellow eye still regarding Halo as if she were a new woman, her gaze flitting between the red-eyed woman's face and her new crimson tattoo. The hybrid reached out to take her hand, squeezing it lightly, volumes passing between the canines without speaking. This was a momentous occasion, and the hybrid knew her granddaughter appreciated this moment even more than Kaena herself did. Halo had dubious beginning, sure—her father was Vitium, the great traitor. But that only served to connect her to the family in Kaena's eyes; she did not think it was worth condemning everyone of Vitium's lineage for his single act. Halo was worth more than that to Kaena, far more—she was the last of any of the hybrid's grandchildren, and devout to the matron herself, and the Lykoi family. She was Lykoi, through-and-through. The burning star on her chest proclaimed that loudly.

[/html]