Buckling down is not what you want to hear.
[html]

WC: 329

OOC: sorry if I ramble....Denver I been fighting for the last three hours.

So she was a member of a pack, god she hadn’t been able to say that since Fatin pulled her out of the chilled water. Though Pontiac didn’t last long after that as a pack member, she saw her mom and dad and then she was off, on her trek of finding them. She wanted to make her life with her mom and dad since she missed them a huge part of her child hood, but nearly three years had passed and she failed. Though she took the failing part in stride, she was good at failing to make or do things right. It had always seemed that the harder the white and tan lady tried the worst she messed up things. She was willing to sum it up under a bad star.

She had found a nice tree to sleep under till she was viewed honorable enough to take a cabin, she was fine and she understood that it wasn’t fair to just let anyone take up a house of their own. The pack would be littered with houses that had been lived in for a day, a week or maybe a month or so and then they would pack up and leave. It wasn’t fair to pack members, nor the house.

The female explode the lands for the last few days, as she was trying to find her way, to find something to do with in the pack, she always stocked around Naniko cabin, but it had been looking like Geneva had been taking good care of her sister. Pontiac wasn’t sure where she was going to fit into this puzzle, she didn’t want to push her-self into her sister’s life…she knew it would take much time for them to every have that bond that they did as children. She would do her part, and every little bit more that she knew how to make sure she proved that she was ready to be a pack member.

[/html]
Ty had gone for a walk today, a leisurely walk, a relaxing walk. Ty needed these every once in a while to clear his nerves. He couldn't sleep, it was night time and he couldn't sleep, why was this? Lately he had been restless during sleep, tossing and turning in the bed in his cabin, and he hated that. Something was missing in the kindhearted warrior's life, something was keeping him awake, but what? Ty needed to clear his head and think about it. His body stood upright in optime form, allowing him to cross his arms in perplexity, confused as to what kept him up these days. Perhaps it was the fact he had no reason to fight things anymore? no, that couldn't be it, Ty still kept his fighting skills in top form, and although he never had to deal with any emergencies as of late, the way the leaders and elders spoke inferni was still at odds with them. Could it be he never really joined the pack hunts? No, that wouldn't make sense, they usually all hunted separately anyway, using small groups to grab medium game. Perhaps it had nothing to do with violence at all...maybe it was becuase he was lonely, with no mate...maybe....

Ty's mind came to a screeching halt as he found a tan wolf sleeping underneath a tree, she smelled of the Valley, but what was she doing here? It wasn't often that Valley members slept alone, and even stranger when they slept out in the open like this, Ty wanted to investigate. Walking closer, he knelt down to the newcomer and spoke up "Hello there." Ty said to the stranger. "I couldn't help but notice you are sleeping alone under a tree, are you alright?"
[html]

She was still getting use to the scents and sounds of the lands. She heard the male bend down; she could smell the pack sent upon him; however any one scent she was still trying to figure it out. She sat up as she brushed her tan hair out of her way, placing her cowboy hat back upon her head, as she smiled over to the male. Nawh! Just figured since I don’t have the rank to have a cabin yet, that sleeping out under a tree suits me just fine! It isn’t cold enough to bed someone to cash on a bed, yet. So why not enjoy the last few nice nights.” She couldn’t help in a way to think it’s odd that she was the only one that was making the choice to sleep under a tree.

She saw a spider climbing upon her leg. Her eyes widen, as she looked over to the male, she gave a whine as she then closed her eyes…nope that didn’t help…she was able to feel it. She screamed as she jumped up and started smacking at her leg. ”Get it off! Get it off! Please, oh please get it off!”

[/html]
"Whoa whoa there! Hold still, I'll get it!" He said with a sheepish laugh as he tried to get her to hold still while he made sure the spider was still alive. She was lucky she had missed it, and he placed his hand on her leg for the little eight legged creature to scurry onto his hand. Taking careful precautions as to not drop it, he placed the small critter on the ground and watched as it scuttled away from the wolves, back into the grass from whence it came. turning to the panicked tan wolf with the cowboy hat, he attempted to steady her and spoke in a calm, collected manner. "There, it's gone, you're safe now." He chuckled jokingly. "but seriously, if you don't have a place to stay, I'd be glad to let you sleep in my cabin, I do have an extra bed since my little sister moved out."

He knew Rendall wasn't really his 'little sister' but both of them acknowledged that they were family, however, she moved out when Ty took his father's house after his father ran away. Since then, he had been living alone in the cabin with an extra empty bed for visitors, which worked out perfectly for a wolf like this who could use some company for sleeping. "Well, as nice as it is, I fear that's going to keep happening to you, so the offer stands, or at least, if you want some company. One should never rest alone out here. You never know when a wild puma or something will come wandering down from the mountains."
[html]

Pontiac gave an impish grin as she looked to the male; she hated spiders, no wait! She loathe spiders with every inch, every grain in her body. She wasn’t sure really what had happened to her to make her fear such a small thing, but she had no issues crying from panic if one came near her. She took a step back as she rested her hand against the tree. ”Thank you….Sorry we didn’t get induced properly. I’m Pontiac D'Angelo.”

It wasn’t that she was ignoring the offer the male made, she just wasn’t sure, how would it look a female new to the pack just packing up from under her tree and moving into a cabin with a male. She flicked her hate of, as the string around her neck left it hanging on her upper back, as she pulled her hair out of the hat.”I dunno…What would other’s think about you having just some random female living with you? Don’t you worry what other’s would say or think about you?’

[/html]
Ty smiled and nodded as she introduced herself, to which he bowed slightly and replied "Nice to meet you Miss D'Angelo, my name is Tyrone Trenton Nasphrite, but you can call me Ty." He then sat down in front of her and listened to her questions. when she asked if he worried what people thought about him, he cocked his head to one side and scratched his chin for a few seconds, before replying with a firm, honest "Nope, not really." He said before leaning back on his hands and staring up at the sky. "If anything, they will just think I am a nice guy. But who knows? I'm not all that worried about it." He looked back to her and chuckled. "Besides, our ancestors used to sleep on top of one another for heat in caves during the night, this notion of sleeping alone in a cabin or sleeping alone under a tree is a rather new way of thinking."

He sighed and looked back into the grass, watching another spider walk by his hand, a smile played across his lips as he watched the little creature scuttle around, back to whatever home it came from, fleeing from the two furry giants now sitting before them. His eyes darted back to the female before he asked. "Where did you come from anyway? I haven't seen you around here lately, you new to the pack?"
[html]

wc: 320

She smiled as the male tipped down and bowed to her, wow such a gentleman, never had any one bowed to her when she introduced her-self. She was very close to blushing he was very respectful and kind. Something that just wasn’t around too much anymore, shame. ”Sir! You are too much! Just call me Pontiac, like everyone else dose!” Giving a hushed laugh, she wondered if all the member where like him, if they where wow! What luck, no one that was mean and nasty, or rude! She studied him closely watching him; it was odd watching beings think.

”Really?! Her brow pushed up with a amazed look upon her face. Maybe she worried too much, maybe she over thought things. Her mind had thought the entire thing though time and time again what could be whispered about her be hide her back. ”You’re right, but where not in the time frame of what the old way’s use to be, in fact I believe we are starting to live more and more like the humans did. You seem like a really sweet guy. I just…I don’t know. I’ve lived most of my life alone. I’ve been sleeping in new lands, about every night since I was about six months old.” She let her hands drop down to the grass as she twilled and twisted the grass around. ”Ya know what? Let’s throw moral to the wind. I’ll do it, and I promise I’ll make a good roommate! Oh yeah….I’m kinda of a neat freak…” She gave him a sheepish grin. However she would make damn sure that he would always have a clean house to come home to. Maybe she would learn the human skill of sewing and make him a warm blanket for his bed for the upcoming winter months.

”Yeah I just joined a few days ago. It’s uhm…different from the life I use to live.”

[/html]
Ty simply smiled and nodded understandably about being roommates with her. She was giddy, bubbly, a very excitable girl, as it seemed, which was very much a joy for Ty to see. Not many wolves these days, aside from himself, were so lighthearted and joyful as this one. "Of course of course, you may stay in my home as long as you'd like." He said with a hospitable grin. She was a pack mate after all, why shouldn't he offer her a spot in his home? That's what pack mates do, they look out for each other. After hearing Pontiac, Ty wondered if she ever had that kind of treatment, because if not, Ty could only feel sorry for the tan wolf in front of him.

Although some ground rules were to be made, of course, Ty wasn't going to have her control his home while he lived there. "there is a few things I'd like to make sure you know though." He said as he wagged a finger. "You've already gone over cleanliness, so I don't mind that. You can bring into the house whoever you'd like, just as long as they aren't going to present a danger to me or my house, and you can decorate your room however you want, I'm not sure if you have any keepsakes but they are welcome in my home, or a pet." He then scratched his chin. "But I would watch out for going in the basement, there are a lot of weapons down there and I'd hate to find you skewered on one of them."

Before she had time to give him a creepy look for keeping weapons in his basement, he interjected with a reason for them. "I may be young, but you may already see that I have many scars on my body. The weapons in the basement are keepsakes from my old career, as before I came here, I was part of a mercenary troop who fought in pack wars across the globe."
[html]

wc: 311

Rules, of course there was rules. It seemed like everything had rules but Pontiac was very aware that if she was wanting to live the pack wolf life style that she would learn the rules, and she would live by them. She gave a nod, trying to take in all the information that he was sending her way. She couldn’t help but to laugh, she had her hat, and her bag. Inside the bag was a fur blanket that she was given at the passing of a year in her life by the tribe she was living in at the time. It was big enough that she had been able to spread it out, lay on the blanket and still have more than enough slack on it to cover up and snuggle down for a sleep. She gave a sheepish grin as she shook her head, ”Everything I hold of value can be replaced. All I have is my hat, my bag, and a blanket that’s it. Really, no need to worry about whom I bring into your house! Being that I’ve never had a ‘home’ I’ve been willing to put my-self at risk by going to the other being’s quarters then bring them to where I am staying for that time being. “
She smiled as she brought her hat forward on her face, shading her face. As she gave a soft, but a happy sigh. "I have never had a need for weapons…Every time I’ve been around them…nothing good happens. So I will honor that without a second thought. Though I guess if anyone would want to bring you harm that might want to think twice. Sounds that you would know how to defend your-self and the pack with weapons or no weapons! Ahh the leaders were in the right mind to have you in a high rank. “

[/html]
[html]
Ty smiled and nodded when she agreed to his terms, to which he added. "I trust you completely, you seem like a responsible woman, so I won't worry about it." He then relaxed his muscles slightly as he shifted in his seating position. The cool night winds blew through his abnormally shaggy fur, making it move slightly as he continued to converse with the cowboy-hat wearing wolf in front of him. He began to think about the decision he just made,allowing a stranger to literally move in with him, was that gullible of him to do so? No, no it couldn't be, she smelled of the valley, she was a pack mate, and Ty cared for his pack mates. For a fighter and warrior of Phoenix Valley, Ty attempted to try and keep a carefree spirit and a kind heart around the other pack mates. He could only hope his own lighthearted attitude would brighten the other wolves' day.

Nevertheless, Pontiac commented on the fact Ty owned a slew of weapons, and he only gave a sheepish smile and a shrug. "Well, I hope I've got enough skill to defend myself." He said, adding a chuckle with that. "But you are right, weapons usually mean war, and having them around might make other packs suspicious, which is why I keep them in the basement." He then coughed lightly, his old wound from a fight with a puma was acting up again, odd. He shrugged it off and began to stand up. "Well, would you like to go and see your new home?" He asked her as he offered her a hand up.
[/html]
Someone trusted her, it was odd feeling that she felt like she would have to work extra hard to keep his trust, he was willing to give it to her and she would work that much harder. She had no issues with that, but it was an odd and new feeling for her to have someone trust her. She smiled as she took the hand standing up brushing her coat off. ”Thank you.” She gave him a nod to go ahead and lead on towards the house that they would be sharing.

So far tossing her morals into the wind was working out for her, she had found polite pack member that had offered up his house and home to her. It would be a lie to say that she wasn’t thrilled to be offered such an offer. ”So uhm..How long have you lived in these lands?” It wasn’t that she didn’t trust the dead air between them; she hardly knew the male that she was going to share a house with. Morals or not she wanted to know more about him.
[html]
ooc: please forgive how late this is, I've had trouble juggling RP and college

"Hey, no problem." Ty said as he began to take the winding pathway through the woods back to his home, beckoning her with his tail to follow. "I wouldn't want you freezing your tail off out here anyway." He then chuckled as he turned his head back towards the road, hopping over a few stones across a small stream, then making a light duck under a tree branch. He began to muse of the kind, albeit strange act he had just committed, inviting a young female which he had just met to come live with him as a roommate, which some would consider strange, yet Ty didn't really care. After all, he was simply helping a pack mate get used to being with other people, being with a group, acting as a family, which is what a pack was supposed to be, and Ty began to feel a lot of wolves didn't remember that about themselves.

But there was no use to think about it now, Ty had done a random kind act from his own heart, and that's all he could do. Now he was more focused on getting to know his new roommate, and fortunately, she was interested in vice versa. Hearing her question, he answered without much thought, though he maintained a friendly and calm persona. "Oh, I've only been here for a few months." he replied with a smile back to her as he suddenly made a sharp turn into some tall grass, his hind legs getting lost in a field of green. "Of course, I was technically born here. My father, DaVinci, was the sub leader of this pack before he left, and he left as soon as I came back to the pack, although those two events have no connection whatsoever. My father apparently had some problems before I even showed up." He sighed slightly and shrugged. "And frankly, that's his business, no sense for me to go nosing around in it anyway." He then extended his leg over a log he remember was there in the grass, making sure not to trip. "How did you end up here anyway? You come across this pack by choice or by accident?"
[/html]
[html]

wc: 326 Sorry I've been a slacker

The kindness of the strange male wouldn’t go without being rewarded. Pontiac wasn’t a she wolf that was blessed with much wealth in any one thing. However, she was pretty crafty with her hands, as big and clumsy they might look she had managed to learn a few things on her travels. She would have to check around the lands to see what really was open for her to make a gift thanking him, she knew that there was a chance that out of manners and kindness that he was already showing he would turn it down, but she could be just as bullheaded.
She followed him as he lead his way back to the home that was his just a matter of minutes ago, now it was there’s. It was odd all she had owned and cared about in this world was in her bag, which was nestled upon her shoulders. Once he made the sharp turn she lowered her hat, as she followed his scent. ”Well sorta like you, I was born here. Well not here, here. I was born back in the old lands in a pack called Chimera. My sister and I were left with our ‘other’ father when mom and dad took off. Naniko being the hopeful one went looking for them. She got hurt losing her memory. I took off find a home with a foster mother named Fatin. I took off shortly after that, and I been living pack to pack, and land to land since I was hardly old enough to track a rabbit. One day I got a feeling like I needed to come back...So here I am. Never found my real mom and dad, and as far as I know they are dead…and oddly I’m not bothered. “ Pontiac ears shifted as she watched the male step over the log, she was enough of a klutz to fall upon it and land flat upon her face.

[/html]
[html]
OOC:join the club, I can barely post nowadays @_@

Ty nodded softly and made small grunts in understanding as he listened to the she wolf's story, scratching his chin every once in a while to ponder over things she said. Another old pack huh? Ty had spoke with another wolf talking about a pack called Shadowed Sun, how many forgotten packs were there? It perplexed Ty that packs came and went so quickly, and it even frightened him slightly to know that the same thing would inevitably happen to Phoenix Valley, as much as he wished it wouldn't. Hearing things about Naniko were interesting as well, of course now he had known her as the pregnant white wolf that was hanging around Geneva, but now Ty know she must be related to Pontiac, as she explained they were kin. His brow furrowed upon hearing that she had led a fairly nomadic life, which explained to him why she had no real sense of camaraderie among wolves. she hadn't apparently stuck around a pack long enough to really develop a bond with any of the pack mates, or at least that was his assumption.

"Well, how could you feel bothered by their possible death? It doesn't sound like you know them very well." Ty cut in as he continued along the winding pathway. "And they seem to have left both you and Naniko for some reason, not the most fantastic parents, so I don't blame you." He chuckled slightly while he walked after stating that. However, Ty saw out of the coner of his eye Pontiac's frame suddenly dropping into the grass, apparently she had not seen the log that he had. He swerved around and quickly rushed to her aid, feeling guilty for not telling her that a log was there. Helping Pontiac back to her feet to steady herself, Ty asked polity and with honest sincerity. "Oh dear, are you alright? I apologize for not saying anything about that log before, I should have spoken out."
[/html]
OOC: Wasn't sure if you wanted to end this because of how outdated it was nor not. So I just posted to it, figured if you want you can rap it up with them coming to the cabin or we can let them talk some more.

She felt the warmth of a fire rush to her face as she looked up laughing. She was a klutz, though she was good enough that she could catch a small meal for her-self and to her that all that really mattered. She looked up to the brunt hued male as she took his help as she shook her ivory coat free of the late summer dropping of leaves and other dropping of animal’s food. The lady shook her head as she stood up.”Oh don’t worry about it. My sister got all the graceful genes in the family!” She shook her head, as she looked up to the male with a smile. She was so mortified and embarrassed that she was ready to leave and head to a new land, oh well her sister needed her here.

She gave a nod as she sighed, with a deep rise and drop of her chest. ”Well…no matter what I love them, they are my mother and father and gave me the most fanatic gift…my sister. So I guess I just gotta weigh my pros and cons…but…I don’t think I can ever forgive them for just bailing on us as pups…I hope that if I ever did that someone would smack the crap out of me…” She looked back up to the male with a smirk as she lowered her shoulder and moved to give the male a playful nudge. ”So enough about me…What’s fun to do around here for a klutz like my-self?”
[html]
ooc: sure, what the hell, we can keep it going
Ty was relieved she was alright, though he could see the embarrassment on her face, to which he only replied an amused chuckle. He laughed again when she stated it was her sister who got all the graceful genes. Giving a small nod in understanding, he replied with a small jest. "Bah, I highly doubt that." And with another smile he clapped her on the back lightly. He was beginning to already treat her like a long time friend, and to him, she was just as good as one. He could already tell by her actions and mannerisms that she was a friendly and gentle wolf, who would be easy to get along with. Which was good for him, he needed a roomate like that after Rendall left.

He listened quietly to her explanation about loving her parents, to which he only nodding in understanding. Ty knew only a bit of how she felt, as he left his father near when he was born, and his mother not too long after that. However, from what he experienced, he could sort of understand where she was coming from when she said she did love her parents, after all, they could have had a very legitimate reason. Feeling the playful nudge, he chuckled and spoke while slightly stumbling to regain his balance. He had to think about things to do, so he scratched his chin and mused "Well...there are quite a few things...nearby there is a hot spring that people can rest in for one." He looked to her and grinned lightly. "There are a few mountains to climb for those adventurous types, and we have a farm with animals not too far from here."
[/html]
She smiled up to him; he was good for her to have around. He has been showing her nothing but kindness, and pure hearted care. There was no worry about the madness that came with her last name, though it has seem to her that not many knew of the madness that ran though her father’s bloodline. Pontiac jumped to her paws and gasped as he stumbled forward, she wouldn’t be able to help him that much in her two legged shape, and she had proven to him that she wasn’t graceful what so ever! Her arms reached out to save him, but he had quickly found his footing again, she gave a chuckle and brushed her hand though her hair.

”Maybe one day when things clam down around the pack lands and I get into the loop of things, maybe you can take me out one and show me around” She thought that it would be fun day and excuse to get him out of working for the time he was out helping out a fellow pack member. That and a chance for made her to get to see the wonders of the pack lands a bit better.”I could make some lunch and we could have an old fashion picnic like the humans did…”She wasn’t the best at any one thing, and she didn’t care but she could do a few things here and there that wasn’t too bad. ”Oh! I promise that I won’t cut off any fingers if I make the lunches…”
[html]
"Well then, it's a date!" Ty joked with a chuckle as he patted her back lightly. However, it came to him that Pontiac was a new friend, although they had been easily talking, with no real issue, Ty cracked a joke he felt might have been too soon to be appropriate. After all, they had just met, and Ty didn't want to give her the wrong message about himself. Quickly correcting himself, he chuckled nervously and restated "Er- I mean...that would be fun, I'd enjoy that..."

In an attempt to keep the conversation moving along, Ty decided to ask about her talents, which a few she seem to give away automatically. "So....you can cook and prepare food can you?" he asked with a small smirk. "Of you know how, that would be wonderful. I unfortunately do not know, and I basically eat whatever I catch on the spot, which can be rather bland sometimes, especially things like squirrels, I hate catching them, no meat on the little creatures..."
[/html]
His words came to her and she knew he was joking her mind told her such, however her head lowered as she could feel the heat upon her face as she coughed with a laugh as he so lightly patted her upon her white back. She wasn’t sure how to respond to that, she didn’t think of it that way; however some other might have thought she was being a bit too fresh upon a male that she was looking for friendship with. ”Erm…yeah, I guess you know where I live…so you can let me know when you have the time…” She was thankful that he didn’t turn her down, she could use some friends it would give her a reason to stick around in the pack lands for more than a few moons.

Pontiac’s hand reached up and knocked the hat off her head as she looked back up with her hand sliding down her neck, while she gave a short nod. ”I know enough to get me by and feed my-self. I would be happy to teach you in return for my board at your house…” She knew that he had willingly offered it up to her without a price but she wouldn’t take it with an honest heart without finding ways to return his random kindness. ”They make a great stew, since there little meat on them…Maybe one day you could do the hunting and I can cook us up some food, well after I get an idea of what foods there are around here..”
[html]
"I'm fairly free, not much has happened recently in the Valley." Ty responded passively with a flick of his wrist. "Well...not since that puma attack...other than that, we're pretty quiet and uneventful." He grinned lightly and chuckled, indicating he had noticed the small zinger she made about living in the same house as him. He was already confident at what a good roomate she'd make, and now she added a good sense of humor. Ty was happy she had adapted so quickly to someone being friendly with reasonable hospitality.

Hearing her offering to teach him about cooking, Ty smile graciously and replied with a small glint of excitement in his eye, revealing his enthusiasm about learning how to cook. "That would be great!" He said with a bigger smile, he really did like the idea of learning to cook. Over the years of working and fighitng, nobody had really taught him how, he was a wolf after all, and didn't really need to know. But from what he experienced, cooked food just tasted better. After listening to what she had to say about the food and stew, Ty suddenly changed his attention to something else about her, something he had noticed, but hadn't really had the courage to comment about until now. Reaching his hand out, he gripped her hat and moved it slightly on her back, just to indicate what he was talking about when he spoke again. "this hat...is it important to you?" He asked her as he fiddled with it again. "Where did you get it?"
[/html]