You turn around and they're almost grown
[html]
ooc: This will start off with just Naniko and Ty, and then the others (Gen, Ehno, Ponti) can join when he calls for them or goes to get them or whatever Big Grin Forward dated to Sept 22.

It wouldn't have bothered her if it wasn't such a nice day outside.

Jade eyes stared out the window of her cabin, mouth forming a disgruntled frown. She was on some sort of bedrest until the pups came...or, at least, confined to the cabin. Geneva was taking good care of her, making sure that she had anything that she could possibly want, but she couldn't give the alabaster female what she needed. She needed some fresh air! She pushed at the window with her nose, trying to see if it was the sort that could open. Curse the fact that she didn't have thumbs! Nani jumped from the floor up to the bed and layed down there on top of her quilt, curling into somewhat of a ball. She normally could rest her head on her soft tail, but her large belly prevented it. She used her teeth to pull a pillow over so that it was underneath her head, then closed her eyes.

But sleep would not come. After a few moments she tried to roll over, groaning as her weight shifted from one side to the other. These pups were heaavvyyy...were they unusually fat or something? She tried to sleep like that for a little while, but couldn't. Every time she tried to close her eyes and rest another thought came into her head, waking her up. What were her other children doing right now? Were the sheep all right? Would Geneva come back later on that night and talk to her, maybe bring her a new book to read? She sat up slowly, looking back out the window again. If only she could get it open. She pushed at it more with her nose, reaching one paw up to scratch at it anxiously. That was it. She had to get outside and feel that breeze! She went down to the floor quietly, pulling her front door open very, very slowly with one paw, trying to make sure it didn't creak. Freedom!!

[/html]
Western:
[html]
"Excuse me, where do you think you're going alone?" came a voice nearby. Ty was inexplicably showing up right about now. He had actually appeared to talk to Geneva about things, how she was doing and such, but he had also overheard the situation about the pregnant wolf temporarily living with her. Now, Ty had little to no experience with pregnant women, but he knew more than enough not to let them go wander around alone, one would never know what would happen to them. Placing his hand on his luperci hip, he sighed at the plump wolfess and said "You are the new wolf...Naniko D'Angelo, correct?"

Not entirely caring about the answer too much, he decided to go straight to business, although he did chastise the wolfess "In your state, it doesn't make too much sense to let you roam alone." He sighed and shrugged as he bowed slightly to the lady, trying to be more a gentlemen then he had previously produced. "Eh....sorry, I'm Ty Trenton Nasphrite, have you seen Geneva anywhere? I'd like to have a small chat with her about things."
[/html]
[html]
ooc: <333

She had never really appreciated the outdoors so much when she had been able to come and go when she pleased...but now she most definitely was. The sunlight hit her brillian fur and her face lit up with a bright smile. The cool breeze rustled the fur of her ruff to and fro, and she lifted her head a bit to embrace it. Ahhh. She could hear the sounds of the birds even clearer than before, picking out the small cheep of one of her patients, a little finch named Jack, up in the boughs above. The woman bowed down with her rump in the air, stretching, then stood on her tip-toes to stretch some more before beginning to walk. This was so great!

Her fun was cut short as a voice broke through her happy thoughts, and she turned toward the other wolf. He already knew about her? She didn't know anything about him...no fair. "Ty Trenton Nasphrite" She repeated, a frown crossing her features. She did know him! She had never met him, though, just heard of him. An immediate shower of affection came from the hormonal wolf as she came closer, her tail wagging, attempting to nudge him a bit. "Tyyyyy!! You silly boy, it's me! Auntie Naniko! You're my brother Davinci's kid, right? He told me about you and your sister. But you're looking for Geneva? No, I haven't seen her since earlier, when she visited me in my cabin." Geneva's cabin was close by, though.

They weren't very far away from Naniko's own home. She was still looking at him, tail wagging wildly, when the first feeling came. A feeling that something wasn't quite right, that she ought to be laying down on top of a big pile of blankets and not be outside in the elements, where anything could happen. In the next moment she felt it, a strong clench in her abdomen that made her inhale with a hiss.
[/html]
[html]
Ty cocked his head as the wolfess' tail wagged in excitement and she nudged him with genuine enthusiasm. One brow raised in suspicion as she said she was his 'Auntie Naniko', he had an Aunt? Ty was confused, suspicious even. "My father had relatives?" Ty asked the woman, cocking his head to one side as he spoke in a hesitant voice. "That's strange, my father never mentioned anything about us having relatives...." He frowned lightly, though he had no reason no to trust her on this. His father never really said anything about his family outside the valley, the old man had a lot of secrets, secrets that Ty was now curious to know, such as him having an aunt. Although he had his doubts, for now he'd take her word for it, no sense in starting to just deny it now. So, he simply replied in a cheery tone "Well, it's good to meet a fellow relative of mine, I'm happy to meet you...aunt Naniko.

However, that's when he noticed that she had hissed and crumpled slightly. At first, he didn't think anything of it, one of the children could have kicked or something, but he began to notice the panic on the wolfess' face, the rather readiness to lie down, her eyes in a bit of a panic. He quickly rushed to the aid of the pregnant wolf,asking her in a steady but calm tone. "Hey, uh, are you alright? You don't look so good.." He said as he placed a hand on her back, attempting to steady her. Not the most experienced with pregnant woman, he searched his head for reasons she'd feel sick. "Uh...perhaps you should lie down."
[/html]
[html]
ooc:

"He was always coming and going, but yes. I'm only his adopted sibling...but he has some half siblings hanging around here too. One in Aniwaya, one in uh...I'm not sure what pack she's in. And one in Crimson Dreams. Our mother Iskata abandoned me and him when we were pretty young, so I took care of him as best I could" She explained. She hadn't raised him by herself, having the support of the pack and the help of Laruku and Conri with providing food, but had considered herself some kind of a parental figure back then. Now she had reversed back to the role of sister.

The contractions kept coming every once in a while as she spoke, making her wince. She shook her head when he suggested for her to lay down--she had to get back to the cabin! "I can make it back to my cabin. But..I need you to call for Geneva, or go and get her. And I have to have Ehno here, too...I don't know where he is right now, hunting, I think.." She groaned, shoulders hunching for a moment. "I'm going to start walking there..and I'll meet you there? It's straight north, just out of view behind that little hill"
[/html]
[html]
anyone who wants to come in now can

It took a minute to get what she wanted him to get people for, but when it did come to him, he slightly panicked. "Wait...you aren't...they aren't about too....are they?..." His eyes sprung open wide with surprise. "Oh. Shit." He uttered as she explained to him to go get help, he nodded, but should he really let her run back to her cabin alone? He didn't know if that was a good thing to leave her by herself with the pups, but there wasn't any time to really debate it now, they were on their way, and Ty had to go find help.

Without another second of hesitation, Ty had bolted out to go find help, switching to wolf form as he did. As he ran, he began to shout and holler for aid, yelping "Hey! Geneva! Anyone! Help me out here! We got an emergency!" However, he stopped running ofter a second, he shook his head in realizationof his own stupidity, then slapped himself in the forehead, muttering "Wait a minute...I'm a wolf, duh!" Planting all four feet on the ground, he inhaled deeply before letting out a distressed howl for aid. He hoped it would get someone's attention, the howl was loud enough for birds nearby to fly out of their trees in a small panic. It echoed across the land for anyone nearby to at least hear, if not get a jolt from it.
[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Babies.

Geneva was in the ranch, sitting in Jefferson's rocking chair, with her hands folded in her lap and her eyes closed. Today had proved to be a long day. In fact, the last few weeks leading up to this day had been exhausting. The Savant had recently redoubled her efforts in safeguarding the Valley in any way she could. She had tried not to hover over her friend, Naniko, but her condition was painfully obvious. Every day the thoughts weighed heavily - that Naniko's litter would soon be born.

She had thought that she would take the opportunity to find a few minutes of rest. But the sudden sound of a call rising through the air ripped that thought to shreds. The gray woman was instantly on her feet before her eyes could open. The woman, in Optime form, rocketed her way out the door, and in the space of a few breaths she saw Ty. The woman took a deep breath and regarded the younger male. It was obvious that he looked frantic, almost panicked even. She assessed him coolly, not allowing the million thoughts that had eddied through her mind to cloud her actions.

"Naniko," she murmured, meeting Ty's dual-colored eyes. And she smiled. Her panic melted away and she laughed softly. "It is okay, Ty," Geneva said, mentally calculating how Naniko had grown and how her condition had changed. "It is her time - this is a good emergency. I am going to go be with Naniko. If she asked for anything or anyone else, please find them." With that reassurance, the sub-leader hurried to Naniko's home, to be with her friend in her time of joy and need.

[/html]
Angel had only been sleeping briefly when she woke to hear a commotion nearby. He recognized the voice and soon was out the door racing to the source to see Ty. "Hey! Whats goin on?" Angel had answered her own question when she looked to see Geneva moving a very pregnant female inside. "Ahh I see! Good that you called! Geneva, if you need anything let me know! I will see if I can find some pain medicine in case if you need any!" Angel called as she rummaged through her bag she had grabbed on the way out. Finding the small bottle of pain killers, she knew it would take too long to work unless she had morphine, and that was usually hard to get. Vikadin! That would help more than the morphine unless she had a bad experience with it.

Angel running to catch up opened the door for the two of them so they could walk inside and once the door was open she immediately began to rummage up some things. "Ty, I will need your help. I need you to get a bowl of some kind for some warm water, and some towels and get them warm. Get plenty of them. We will need them if her water has not broken yet." Angel really hoped Geneva did not mind that she was taking the initiative to gather these things together. Finding extra pillows and blankets, she placed them on the couch so they were easy to grab when the time came for it. Angel looked around as she began to gather some towels knowing they would me more than what Ty may grab. At least eight to ten towels would work. "Is there anything I can do Geneva?"

Let me know if this is okay, otherwise I shall edit my post.
[html]

WC:408

She had been chilling out at the cabin that she had been sharing with the Nuncio for the day, she had plans just to have a lazy day around the house, clean up, maybe do a little hunting for the both of them, but really she had no plans. Lazy late summer day was sounding better, better to the white and tan she wolf. She pulled her hat over her eyes as she yawned stretching out on the bed that she was allowed to claim as hers. Smacking her lips she felt like sleep was going to be washing over her soon, a nice peaceful late summer day that the shimmering sun that was warming her colorless pelt.

Then there was a howl, a howl from her roommate, but it wasn’t for her, it was for any one and every one. An emergency by the sounds of the golden male’s howl. Her tan tipped ears shifted as she jumped up out of the bed as she shifted down into her Halfling body, she ripped though the house not thinking twice about how she hadn’t picked up within the house, it was an emergency within the pack and she knew that she could offer at least a rational mind if it came down to it.
Paw moved as quickly as she could get them to travel, she had a gut feeling it wasn’t good; it had to be bad if he was calling for any one. She followed the sound, and then the smell of her sister hit her. She stopped panting a second sticking her nose up in the air sniffing around, no doubt it was her sister Naniko. She follow the scent trail to her sister house, she was in tears. Miserable thought of what could be wrong with her sister raced though her mind. Never once did she think that maybe Mother Nature was just letting her know it was time for the children in her womb to come to life outside of her.

The female rank into her sister’s house with her face tear stained," Nani…Oh god! What’s going on? Is she going to be okay?” Her eyes darted back to the sub-leader and the black wolf. She nosed her way over to her sister where she sat down, trying to be as close to her sister as she could without hovering over her. ”What can I do to help her? Please god tell me!”
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
yayyy. 300+

It had been over a week since he first arrived, and he was finally starting to get a familiar feel for some of the lands in Phoenix Valley. It was such a different territory from the lands back in Crimson Dreams, with a different sort of atmosphere to it. It may have felt so strange to the Captain simply because the pack was so unfamiliar to him. He knew only two of the other members here besides Naniko. Part of him was on edge each time he stepped outside and made his way through the territory because he was worried one of the members he did not know might find him and take him for an intruder. Explaining the unique situation he found himself in to a stranger wasn’t something he looked forward to.

Earlier that morning Ehno chose to take the risk and go out for a little hunt. He had been utterly unsuccessful in all his attempts, so with a slight frustration, he changed his plans for the day to going on a short walk before returning to Naniko’s cabin. The man was too distracted to focus, thoughts concentrated on Naniko and the pups. She could be giving birth any day now and excitement buzzed within his mind at all times. He hated to leave her when the time was so close, but he knew Geneva would be nearby and she would be fine.

Ehno was stopped immediately in his tracks by a frantic cry. The voice was unfamiliar, but its purpose was crystal clear, and with his mind so focused on Naniko, he knew that this had to be about her. Without another thought the Dreamer bolted toward the cabin, all four paws moving as fast as he could will them. The building was in sight before long and he slowed as he pushed through the door. “Nani,” he called softly as he entered. He glanced around wearily at all those who had gathered, worry building as he noticed the frantic state some of them seemed to be in. “…Is everything ok? Is it time?” Amber eyes returned to Naniko, a flurry of excitement, worry, and anticipation reflected in their depths.
[/html]
[html]
ooc: It's just fine, Angel :3 And no real posting order after this--post at will. :3

She started running for the cabin without another word to Ty, her heart pounding wildly. She could barely believe that it was time, that they would be here. She was so used to their weight that she wondered what it would be like when they were no longer in there. It would be different. Naniko made it to the cabin and went inside immediately, though not to the spot that she had been sleeping on for the last few weeks. She dove beneath the bed into the darkness, instinctually seeking refuge in the time of the birth.

She had been the head healer in Crimson Dreams and hoped to take some kind of a healing role in Phoenix Valley after the pups were a little bigger. She'd gathered some of the supplies that she had known she would need and had put them in a closet near the kitchen area of the cabin. She wanted to have her pack and family around during the birth but she didn't want everything to be in plain view for all to see. It was a private thing as well as a public thing.

Geneva entered and stood nearby, a welcomed sight. Naniko tugged at the blanket that covered the bed from below it, trying to pull it off so that she could have something down under the bed to lay on and to lay the puppies on as well. The towels would be needed for the cleanup and to help keep the pups warm as they dried off more after their birth. More people arrived, a stranger, her sister Pontiac, and Ehno. It would be nice to have another healer around in case anything went wrong with the birth, so having Angel there was definitely a good thing. And she wanted her sister and Ehno there, most definitely. "Ponti! I'm okay. The puppies are coming--your neices and nephews!"

They came sooner than she had expected. She fought to keep from crying out, trying to take nice breaths to fight away the pain. "E-Ehno!" The first was there, the most painful pup. She licked at it as soon as it was out and discovered that the darkness she had initially seen on it wasn't because of the placenta; this whelp was midnight-colored, as dark as her father Roman had been. The next was lighter colored, another female, then a male of the same coloration. Last was another female who was a bit smaller than the others, her pelt a mixture of browns and grays. Maybe she would turn out to look like Ehno.

The new mother spoke their names and touched her nose to each one of them. She and Ehno had discussed some of the names, and there were a few that she really liked as well. Caprica, Lucia, Harlowe, and little Rio. She moved so that they were visible to the wolves who were watching, presenting them to the world and the world to them. "Meet the newest members of Phoenix Valley--Caprica, Lucia, Harlowe, and Rio" She said.

[/html]
[html]
"Yes, this is a good emergency, but still an emergency." Ty replied to Genevam actually quite calmed now that others were here. His original slightly panicked cry was just from a lack of experience with this sort of thing. "I apologize for making my call so panicked, I didn't want to really worry anyone...It's just...ehhh..." Ty paused in his sentence and his eyes drifted away from Geneva's in embarrassment, he was trying to keep the embarrassed flush away from his cheeks. "It's just I...I don't know anything about childbirth. I was afraid I was going to have to help out, and I don't want to be the cause of dead kids or wrongly born children." He chuckled lightly, though nervously.

Of course his fears were confirmed when Angel came in and told him to go get a bowl and boil some hot water. "Whoa...wait a minute...I don't think..." but Ty realized mid-sentence actually trying to justify not helping was a bad idea, there was a wolf giving birth, and Ty might as well help any way he could. Nodding slowly, he switched to his luperci form as he began to look through the cabin for a bowl. Of course, when he opened one cupboard, he was met with slew of bowls, but they were teetering, and before Ty knew it the bowls had fallen on him with a mighty clash, bashing against his head and arms. Nevertheless Ty found one and began to attempt to boil it in the fireplace, which was conveniently still going. Then he nearly scalded his hand trying to deliver the boiling water to Angel to help out, but with what, Ty had no idea. He thought about running off after that, but that would just seem irresponsible now, he remained at the cabin and watched from afar to see if he was going to be needed for anything else. He sat quietly in the corner, not knowing what to expect.

Ty did get back to the scene to see the pups actually being born, which was quite an interesting sight for Ty to see. To put things in perspective, Ty had lived on a battlefield, participated in pack wars across the globe, seen blood and carnage over and over, one would think this wouldn't affect Ty in the slightest, and yet now he shifted uncomfortably at the sight of Naniko giving birth. He'd never seen something living spring out of another being, like some parasitic organism from a human sci-fi horror film, this was all new to Ty. He'd never seen this before, so to actually watch it was an awkward situation for the orange-tan wolf, although he didn't really cringe or grimace, he simply seemed slightly uncomfortable.

One by one, the children were born, and each one had their own specific name, it sounds like Naniko already had them all named out. This was truly a successful birthing, no dead pups, no miscarriages, nothing bad happened, they all came out rather smoothly. Now Ty simply wanted to get out of there, he wasn't exactly involved with this, but he now felt he was part of this, she was his "aunt" after all. Sure, it sounded like Davinci was simply adopted into the family, but if she was still family, then Ty concluded that he should stick with family. He sat in the corner and observed the situation silently from afar, not needing to act out any further after delivering the bowl of hot water.
[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Smile.

The atmosphere buzzed with the pulses of excitement and panic from everyone present. It seemed as though she had only been in the cabin with Naniko for a few seconds before everyone sprang from the woodwork. There was suddenly a small crowd. Geneva cast her lime green gaze around at everyone present, quickly cataloging everyone's reaction to Naniko's present condition before she returned her eyes to the woman who had caused the commotion. She felt her heart contract in her chest when Naniko scuttled under the bed, no doubt her instincts telling her to find somewhere dark and quiet during this time of transition.

"Everyone, quiet!" she raised her whisper soft voice. Her words were not a reprimand, but a call to order. She did not want Naniko's pups to come into existence within a world of chaos. And during this time, Naniko would also need order and peace. "Anyone incapable of remaining calm will wait outside until everything is over. What will happen here is a natural occurrence, however it is important to keep Naniko's comfort in mind. This situation requires calm." Her voice was calm, a steady confident thread in an atmosphere rife with disorder. Her words were not a request, but an order. She spoke with the authority of the second-in-command of the pack, and she did not expect her will to be questioned in this matter.

She cast a reassuring smile in Pontiac's direction. The woman seemed particularly out of sorts with this turn of events. She laid a hand on the woman's shoulder as Naniko uttered her reassurances. Pontiac seemed excitable, but she hoped that the woman would keep a level head. She was Naniko's sister and certainly had a place here, but Geneva worried for Naniko's stress levels. As long as the woman could maintain her composure, then this could be a positive experience for both of them. Geneva then turned her attention to Angelique. The female had already taken a practical approach to the pups' birth, and Geneva nodded approvingly. "I think what is best now is to let everything take course naturally, but to stand by if needed. Naniko is strong," she said, with a fond look in her friend's direction. "She will come through this beautifully."

The last creature to come through the doorway was a wolf familiar to Geneva. Her lime green eyes widened for a moment, and she blinked when she saw Ehno move through the door. She opened her mouth to ask what he was doing here, instead of in Crimson Dreams. But she closed her mouth after his words reached her ears. His tone alone betrayed his role here. Ehno was the father. She had not known, and had not thought to ask when Naniko kept the identity of the father secret. But the smile returned to her mouth and she rose to move to where he stood, and clasped his arms. "Congratulations," she said simply, pulling him gently toward the crowd huddled on the floor around the bed frame. "You are just in time to see your children come into the world."

She glanced over her shoulder to see Ty had returned, but that he hovered at the outskirts of the activity. The orange-hued male looked distinct uncomfortable. She flashed him a smile, conveying that she was proud of him for the part he had played in this, and that she approved of his behavior now. Despite the fact that he was clearly uncomfortable, he stuck around in case he was needed for anything else. She would remember how responsibly he had conducted himself.

The children were born, one by one. It was a natural thing, something Geneva herself had gone through. She felt the phantom pains, held her breath and breathed with Naniko. It was a unique experience, and she was glad when she saw the four little bodies nestled close to their mother. This had been a triumph, a success, and her eyes were wet and shiny with unshed tears. "You did great," she said, looking from Nani to Ehno.

[/html]
Angel nodded and remained silent in this. "Thank you Ty. I know you don't have experience so I won't ask you to do more if you don't wish of it. This is all I will be needing at the moment. Hello Naniko. I am Angel. I am a healer of the pack and will be helping you to make sure the pups are nice and healthy if that is alright of you. Here are some warm towels and warm water to keep the pups warm and such." Angel said as she smiled looking upon each of them. She would not dare touch them unless she had gotten permission from Naniko herself. She laid the towels in one hand and then questioned with her eyes to help clean the pups off and to check how healthy they were since she was experienced with the birthing process of such. She placed a light down on the floor and lit it dimly so Naniko could see what she was doing. Angel remained calm at the same time and eyed each one from afar. They all looked healthy and they looked like they began to shiver. So with taking one of the towels she placed it over the pups as their whines and yelps were sounding into the air. "Mind if I pick one up?" Angel asked gently, and if Naniko said no, then she would kindly respect that wish. One never knew however. Angel dared not to be intruding at this very moment. "Any tea or water we can get you?"
[html]

This post sucks sorry >,<

She was what? Pontiac had never been around a live birth nor had she wanted to, but…this was her sister. She felt almost like she should stay. Her ears shifted around as she watched the rest of the people add in their thoughts. Most of them she heard, but her eyes never leaving her sister, it was strange seeing her, so content while in so much pain..Pontiac defiantly didn’t understand what she was going though what so ever. The ivory and tan she wolf watched as her sister face showed the pain that she was going though, she was worried but then the words of the ashed colored sub-leader had said.

As much as it bothered her seeing Naniko in this state, she knew that it was best to let everyone work on her, she stepped back letting the healer in and letting the other member view the pups, it was neat seeing them bring born but dear, oh dear. Something about the whole scene making her feel sick to her stomach. She smiled trying to play the happy aunt, at this rate she never wanted to have pups.
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Puppieeeees 300+

Everything seemed to be happening so fast. The few that had gathered inside the quaint cabin were rushing about, looking either frantic or excited, and in some cases, a mixture of both. Naniko’s words betrayed the identity of the other ivory female as her sister. Ehno’s gaze drifted to her for a moment as he wondered how he had never known of her existence before. But his thoughts could not focus on one subject for long, and not a moment later Geneva stole up to him, grasping his arms and leading him to the crowd with words of congratulations. He was grateful for not only her kind words, but also the kindness she had shown Naniko and the home she had offered to her here. “Thank you,” he managed to utter, before his attention was swept back to the D’Angelo woman beneath the bed.

Before he knew it, four beautiful little bodies lay squirming beside Naniko. The biggest and perhaps most sincere smile he had had in weeks quickly graced his features. His tail began to wag happily as his amber gaze took in the sight of their children, making his excitement even more apparent. The mother announced the names of the four squirming children and Ehno nodded quickly in approval. "Bei nomi per i bei bambini," he said, looking back up to Nani. The musical sounds of his native tongue matched his uplifted mood. The only thing that could make this moment even better for the Italian was if his family had been there. It gave this moment a bittersweet feel, and he pushed the thought away as quickly as he could. He knew that thought would be haunting him plenty enough later on.

The black-furred stranger—the pack’s healer, he had to assume—spoke of the puppies and moved closer to them. Ehno’s amber gaze flew to her quickly and he stiffened slightly. Instinctually and involuntarily his fur stood on end, but he remained silent, gaze studying the stranger. He knew she was only trying to help, but his innermost protective instincts could not be stopped. The chocolate hued male kept still, gaze drifting toward Naniko to see what her response would be. If she approved of this woman being so close to the pups, he would relax.
[/html]
[html]
ooc:

She was really glad that everyone had come to see the birth and that things were finally over. She had been pregnant for what felt like forever, caring for the pups inside of her, and now she would take the next step and care for them out in the big old world. The only thing that was really different was that she could not protect them as easily after their birth. She was still providing their food and providing them shelter, but was now much more nervous about their protection.

Angelique asked her whether it was alright to touch the pups, Naniko reading the silent question, but did not give her the time to respond to it before she was touching them. This put the new mother on edge and she tensed, frozen, watching with bright and unsure eyes. She had licked them clean already and they had been about to begin nursing--this disruption was unwanted. At the question she shook her head, pulling the pups farther back beneath the bed, nearer to her side.

She looked to Ehno, who was also showing tense behavior. She wanted the others to be able to stay for a little while, but at the same time she was exhausted and stressed--she wanted them to leave. Ehno was their father and she wanted him to stay there with her if he wished to.

[/html]
[html]
Ty was now curled up into a sleepy ball in the corner of the room, letting the others handle the situation, it was becoming more and more apparent that Ty was no longer needed, but he didn't want to leave just yet, or at least not until someone formally dismissed him. Who knows what could happen if he were to leave? He didn't just want to leave people high and dry, so he stayed, he stayed and watched as the little pups, now being cleaned from their birth, were now beginning to write and squirm in Angel's grip, and although they still looked slightly slimy, Ty couldn't help but smile at the little pups, they were still very cute. Ty dind't know what it was about children, but he seemed to enjoy their company, at least when they weren't being pains in the ass. Perhaps one day, he would have a child or few and take care of them, raise them well, make himself a proud father.

However, this led to Ty wondering about his own future, his own life. He had no mate, he had no mate, he had no female to call a lover, he didn't even have a goal for that, so where exactly was he in terms of ever having children? Ty realized that having children would require finding a mate, a task that he wasn't all that fond of. Despite being friendly and confident, he had never been all that focused in conversing with women about dating, or romance, mainly because he knew so little about it. Sure, he had some experiences, but they were few, far, and forgettable, Ty hadn't been looking that hard for a mate until now. He sighed and turned his head away from the group realizing that he should probably get into finding a mate, or he would end up never gaining one. But today wasn't about him was it? No, no it was about Naniko, his new apparent aunt, so he would simply smile when noticed and keep his trap shut.
[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/S ... ranges.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:300px; border:1px #000000 solid; font-size: 10px; line-height: 12px;">
Seeing the new parents' reaction to Angelique, the sub-leader laid a hand on her shoulder and drew her back gently. She kept her features in a neutral expression, although the glimmers of a smile stayed around her mouth. She was very proud of Naniko and glad that she had made it through her labor. The pups all looked healthy - there was even one that looked as though it was a bit oversized. All seemed to be well, and so the woman figured that it was time to give the new family some time to themselves.

Ehno seemed tense, and Geneva watched him warily. Although she had known the man since she had arrived in Nova Scotia, she did not know him as well as she knew Naniko. She knew that Naniko had control. Ehno was usually even tempered, but she could tell that the stress of worrying about Naniko and his children had worn thin on him. The sub-leader was relieved to see that he was watching Naniko for cues on how to react. He was showing good judgement despite the high emotion of this situation.

"Ehno, Naniko," she said, addressing them each purposely to take their attention off of their tenseness for a moment. "I think we'll give you some time alone, to get to know Lucia, Caprica, Rio, and Harlowe." With a fond look at the new litter, the woman crept toward Ty, the look on her face conveying her gratitude and pride at his actions. There would be time enough to celebrate these new lives. "We'll be nearby if you need us."

[/html]
[html]
I r slow, apologies! <3

Naniko’s reaction mirrored his own. She tensed and pulled the squirming newborn pups further beneath the bed, silently answering the healer’s superfluous question. Ehno remained silent and still, gaze darting between Naniko and the unknown healer, unsure of what to do now. He was so focused on the two women that he did not notice Geneva approach until she was already gently leading the dark-furred healer away. He shot her a grateful glance before turning his attention to his small family. He almost couldn’t believe it. Those healthy, beautiful little children were theirs. Ehno smiled, feeling very proud.

Geneva pulled at his attention once more, offering the suggestion of leaving the new parents to spend time alone with the children. The smile was still on his lips as he nodded in appreciation to the gray-furred woman. “Thank you,” he said again. The Dreamer took a moment to look to each of the remaining gathered wolves and offered them friendly smile. Ehno then turned and scooted a tiny bit closer to the bed, lowering himself to the ground in order to get a better view of Naniko and the four little ones. A beaming smile shown on his features as he looked at the D’Angelo lady. She had done so well bringing these four little lives into the world. He could only imagine how exhausted she must be. She deserved some time to rest.
[/html]