there was only fire.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_fall.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:240px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
Whisper Beach!

The hybrid woman was wandering dangerously close to Dahlia de Mai territory, and she damn well knew it. But she was well on the neutral side of the borders, lying low and several hundred feet away from the actual perimeter of the packlands, so she hoped that she was concealed well enough. It was burning curiosity that had driven her to this dangerous place today. Haku Soul had driven her here, sort of. The hybrid woman had at first believed the chocolatey wolf dead, for she had locked her teeth around his throat and squeezed his breath from him. In retrospect, she should have torn it out to make sure—but hers had been a suffocating hold, too much neck and fur and flesh in her mouth rather than the throat itself, the jugular veins that pumped precious life through his body.

The ashen coyote had returned to the area where they'd battled, and found nothing. No body, no blood, no scent. The rain had washed the evidence away, but something else had happened to the body. Maybe someone from the Dahlian pack had come to collect their fallen brother, maybe he had been carried off by a bear or a cougar—the hybrid woman had concocted all of these strange stories to explain the lack of a body, all the while entertaining a low whisper in the back of her head, one that chanted, no body, no body, no body again and again. No body meant no death, no death meant that someone would seek her blood in return for that which she had spilled.

Kaena Lykoi did not like this. She was too old to entertain another archnemesis; she had hers and vanquished him, and now she wanted to be left in relative peace to cultivate her family and protect her clan. The silver woman stalked forward, creeping almost on her belly as her yellow eye peered through the underbrush at Dahlia de Mai territory. Grumbling to herself, she realized she would have to get closer to smell anything definitive, yet a gripping fear held her in place. She would not tread closer to Haku Soul, she could not. A whine bubbled in her throat and she choked it off; she had never been afraid of Salvaged. Kaena had many years on Haku, and though that had proven the advantage the last time they'd clashed, she was not getting any younger.

The coyote woman stood abruptly and turned around, heading away from the border at once. She knew that Dahlia de Mai laid claim to the land on the other side of the Whisper Beach inlet, since it would make little sense for the pack to end their borders before butting up against the coast, depriving them of the valuable fishing resources. Perhaps she would find a better vantage point there. She traveled up the broken and decaying highway quickly, carrying herself with the typical coyote trot. Her head was down and her golden eye was narrowed, her ears folded back against her skull in contemplation as she went. It was still late afternoon and she had several hours before nightfall, when she wished to be back in Inferni territory. She would not give up so easily; the hybrid needed to know whether or not the devil had survived.
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait! ^^; 700+ words.

######It had been days since her meeting with the black and blue woman, and Lolita had taken to laying low within the pack lands for fear of something, though she could never quite place what. Some would call her paranoid, but she supposed she was afraid of being found, though it had been six months since her death, nearly. Surely her brother would never bother looking for her again, and there was no reason that she would need to be fearful of anyone in this area of the world, so foreign to it that she was. Not a single soul had been spotted by her, and that was acceptable, but nothing was more boring than hiding out in a cave along the beach by yourself. Unfortunately, she had all of eternity to spend hiding out, so she had decided to find someone or something interesting that day. If it came down to it, she supposed eating might be a lucrative idea, considering she had not in the days since her acceptance. It was not an uncommon thing for her to go for days without eating, malnourished as she tended to appear and be.

######The pack's territory was behind her, but that didn't matter so much to her. There were no real attachments for her there, nothing to keep her grounded, with the exception of the faded leather bag she had left in the tiny cave she had chosen as hers. In that bag was the only thing that kept her going, so if anything interesting were to turn up in her adventures today, she would be sure to get back before it was too late so that she could have her things. In life, there had never been a single thing that she had been so attached to; there was only one special person. In a way, the delicious herb had come to replace her beloved sister since that fateful night. The dead barely sleep, let alone dream, but if she were to have dreams that stayed with her until the morning, she was certain that they would be of her lovely, her amazing, her beloved, her Pippa.

######Shaking out her tangled mane, the flamboyant female growled to herself for allowing herself to indulge in such thoughts so soon after finding a new (very likely temporary, since it was possible she would outlive the pack, even if it continued for a hundred years) home. "Stop that," Lolita demanded, the words holding a scathing, scolding tone directed solely upon herself. To live with regrets for her sister would only serve to bring her down more than she already was, and to sink lower than the walking dead seemed impossible. Nothing ever was, though, it seemed. As a puppy, she never would have expected that her brother would kill her, or even that she would fall in love with her own sister. Things happened when they were least expected, most certainly, but she did wish things would stop happening to her. It was already difficult enough being dead. Did she really have to be haunted by thoughts of her lively, enslaved sister? It was dreadfully unfair.

######The scent of another was growing stronger, and the creamy woman realized that she had seemingly been following the stranger. The gray female was within her line of vision, and for a moment, Lolita felt a sense of joy at having found someone else who was dead, too, but it was swiftly quelled when she realized that the other was surely alive, just with many scars and probably many stories behind them. Dropping to all fours, she continued to follow curiously, her gait awkward by her optime form being used in such a manner, her legs significantly longer than her arms. Perhaps the other really was a dead girl like herself, and she had been mistaken when thinking she was alive. Someone with so many scars and with so much experience might be alive, but it was possible that she knew something of the dead ones. It was a lonely life, but this was a brand new place for her, and she had very small hopes, though they were hard to suppress. Someone would have to be able to relate to her, then, right?

Table by Amber!
[/html]
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_bloody.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:230px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
Aahhh. This post are so short compared to yours. D: Sorries. <3

The silver coyote was completely engrossed in her task, her nose in the air and her sable ears flicking forward to catch any sounds from ahead. It did not occur to her that someone from Dahlia de Mai might have followed her, since she had been looking inwards to their territory and she had not spied a damn soul. It was annoying, and the hybrid woman was irritated that she had to take time out of the clan for her own personal matters. But her wounds had healed completely, and she was glad to find her mobility was not decreased. There was the creak and ache of old age on occasion, but Kaena Lykoi did not feel as though she had decayed too much. In truth, the ashen canine was only just entering the twilight of her life. She had years left of her life.

A sudden noise caught her attention, and she froze for an instant, whirling around in a great fury at the creature who had stalked her here, lest it was the devil himself. Her sallow fangs were drawn fully outward and her optime hands were curled into rigid claw shapes, the deadly-sharp tips of them gleaming in the afternoon's light. The growl died in her throat when her single yellow eye fell on a stranger with wild red hair and cream colored fur, the scent of Dahlia faint on her fur. Still, there was plenty of tension remaining in the hybrid woman's body as she peered at this stranger and her odd way of walking.

The coyote woman straightened herself up, folding her arms over her chest. The brilliant red star burned there, a flaming crest marking out her heart. "Who are you?" the hybrid asked, no hint of demand to her voice. She would offer her own name if it one was offered to her, tit-for-tat. The coyote woman thought this must be a newcomer to Dahlia; she did not bear their flag nearly as heavily as Haku Soul had. Perhaps this stranger could be of some use in determining the status of the Dahlian subleader, the coyote woman thought, and her demeanor had now lost all aggressive signs, settling down quite a bit.

thanks to james for the header image
[/html]
[html]

Don't be - my posts vary in length usually. . . Like, 300 then 700, or 500 then 2000, etc. XD; 500+ words.

######Startled by the sudden movement and obvious anger of the woman in front of her, Lolita yelped in surprise, stopping in her tracks so quickly that she nearly stumbled over herself. Straightening herself, she smiled sheepishly, shrugging her delicate shoulders at herself. "I didn't know if I wanted you to know I was there," she explained, regarding the way she had been walking so strangely. In a way, she was still much younger than her body depicted, having died before she was even a year old. Her experiences in life had contradicted one another thus far. She had grown up being abused by her brother and knowing something was wrong with her (unknown to her, this was an earlier symptom of her disease, which later led to knowing she was no longer alive), making her younger than she was, physically. However, her experiences with Pippa, and later everyone else under the sun that she could find, had aged her more than her actual lifespan. However, having died at such a young age, Lolita still had many childish qualities that sometimes emerged.

######The tattoo on the gray woman's chest caught her attention, and she made no move to disguise that she was looking at it so intently. It reminded her of her own in the brightness of the red marking, but while she knew the meaning behind the tattoo on her forehead, she did not understand what the meaning of the tattoo might be that she was looking at now, but she had no doubt that it had meaning to the older woman. Otherwise, she surely would not have decorated her body with it. The many scars and the missing eye were likely not by choice, but a tattoo was permanent and chosen by its wearer, in most cases. Shaking her head, Lolita realized just how intently she had been staring at it. My goodness, she was very rude today! First, she had followed this woman without permission or letting her know she was there, and now she was staring, and she hadn't even introduced herself yet.

######"Oh, I'm Lolita. I don't suppose I can ask you a question, could I?" She was going to ask it anyway, regardless of the answer, if the gray woman even chose to answer. It was going out on a limb, but she was dying to know if her initial thought had been correct. Even though the woman looked to be alive, there was the possibility that she wasn't. "Are you dead, too? You don't look it, but even if you're not, do you know anyone that's dead? It's kind of lonely." It was very difficult for her to go very long without complaining about her condition, but she had deemed that fair. Everyone else could live and be happy about it, and she had to be dead, so she deserved to complain about it as much as she wanted. No one ever understood, and since it was such a hassle, she deserved to complain about it.

Table by Amber!
[/html]
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_rain.gif); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; text-align:justify;"> Me too. XD Sometimes I have a hell of a lot to say, and other times, just not. D:

The silvery hybrid looked with interest at this wolf. She was strange-looking, with brilliant crimson adornments, one not terribly unlike her own, though it was vastly different in shape and likely meaning. The Centurion did not make a move, instead remaining absolutely still save for the quiver of her charcoal nostrils as she breathed, the slight and steady rise and fall of her chest. The coyote woman despised the answer, and it was all she could do to contain the rage. Kaena thought it was rather impertinent and stupid of the young woman to be stalking someone, completely ignoring the fact that she herself had just been engaged in that very same task, remaining silent and surreptitious as she could while attempting to discover the chocolate Dahlian wolf's whereabouts.

The coyote did not respond, instead waiting for her question to be answered, her raptor's eye still burning as she studied the pallid wolf. Her eyes were most curious, and though they were of a brilliant jade color, they lacked the brilliance and fire of living eyes. That startled the hybrid woman, and the tension in her decreased just a knot, curiosity and a little bit of a chill creeping up her spine as the woman spoke, her voice rather flat. The coyote's question had been answered, and it seemed fair to trade questions back and forth, so she nodded, looking at Lolita with surprise on her scarred face as the real question escaped the creamy woman's muzzle.

Kaena's arms unfolded and she appeared honestly shocked, as if she did not know how to react to the situation at hand, and truly—she did not. So she answered the question, mechanically and interpreting it as literally as possible. "I am not dead. Maybe I should be," she allowed gruffly, thinking of the many times she'd skated just past death's reaching scythe. "But I am alive." This was an assertion.

Her response to the second question was far less curt than anything else that had passed the scarred muzzle thus far, and Kaena seemed to almost soften. "I know a lot of dead people, actually... but they've all passed along," she said. "Why do you speak of the dead as though you're among them?" the coyote asked rather bluntly, her yellow-gold eye reflecting sheer curiosity now. Whoever this wolf was, she was different, phenomenally so, and it intrigued the silvery hybrid.
[/html]
[html]

Exactly. I think this may be one of the times where I have less to say. . . Sorry it's not so good, this post. 300+ words.

#####What an awful answer! Why would anybody think that they should be dead? The idea was absolutely ridiculous, completely ludicrous, and she was sure her face showed her mental reaction to the suggestion. As often as she wished that she had a companion that was dead like herself, Lolita knew that it was terribly annoying to be dead, and she did not wish for anyone to have to become dead. If she happened to find someone who was already dead, however... That would be a different story, then. Even if the silvery woman was not dead, then that was okay. It just meant that her initial thoughts had been correct when assuming that life flowed within the obviously older woman. "If you're alive, then you shouldn't be dead," she mused, as if this was an obvious thing that should be noted by all.

#####Whatever was left of her dead and broken heart went to the older female for knowing so many that were gone now. Unfortunately, it did not help her a bit, considering she wanted to find someone who had yet to pass on. Like so many others, it seemed that the scarred one would not be able to help her with finding some company. Even being in a pack was not much for her loneliness, which had become a major disappointment for her. Without a foundation for the idea, she had expected that being in a pack would ease the silent haunting of her mind, but it had not done so. Still she was alone, and already she was bored with the way her afterlife was going.

#####Perhaps it was not common around these parts, then, since she had seemed to confuse the older woman, just as Cmwfen had seem less than sure about the situation. "Because I am," she stated, the answer so simple and obvious in her mind. It was so strange to think that no one else found it as simple as she did. Prsumably, this was because she was dead, while they weren't. It was still strange to realize that something so obvious to her was so uncommon to the people she met.

Table by Amber!
[/html]
[html]
    Kaena's scarred head tilted to the side as she studied this creature. There was something almost ethereal about her blank face and her hollow eyes, her dyed-crimson hair which seemed to almost flame about her creamy-pale head. She was very pretty, Kaena thought, with her wide eyes and lovely coloration, that red splash upon her head that reminded the grizzled matron of her own star, targeting out her very heart and daring those who would strike her to connect there, where the life in her body was contained.

The hybrid woman cocked her head to the side and gave a grin that seemed almost mirthful at first, though it was twisted by her scars and injuries. "Death has been pursuing me since I was a small puppy. He grows irritated that I have evaded his grasp for ten long years," she informed the younger canine, personifying death as she had when she was younger and she herself had pursued him, dancing with him and beckoning for him to take her away. "Several times over, I should have died of injury, of malice, of illness, of a broken heart—but here I am," she said.

The hybrid's angled face tilted as the other canid again spoke, confusion showing briefly for a moment on her face. Dead things did not walk the earth, and Lolita was no ghost. There was a clear scent emanating from her, one that was just barely touched with Dahlia de Mai's smell. It dawned on the Lykoi woman that she was either crazy or ill, either one of which could be particularly dangerous. Narrowing her single eye, the hybrid woman seemed to stiffen again. "You still walk," the hybrid pointed out cautiously. "I have never seen a dead thing walk." The hybrid was not necessarily denying that Lolita was dead, for it had occurred to her that death could exist in several forms, only one of which was the physical sense.
Table by James
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait and the crap. Getting my ass kicked. :< 500+ words.

#####Considering the explanation contemplatively, Lolita studied the various scars that covered the woman in front of her. She was most intriguing, having so many scars and dances with Death. To hear death being called a male and to be given an almost life-like description was something she had never heard before, but it was an interesting thought. Suppose death really was someone who followed you around, and subsequently, maybe she was not truly as lonely as she felt sometimes. That was an interesting thought, though she did not know if it had much credibility, as she had never noticed Death following her around before. Because of that, the thought was less comforting than it had been initially, seeming unlikely now.

#####Still, she did not see it as necessary for the woman to claim that she should be dead; being dead was no fun, because there wasn't even the chance of resting, it seemed. Being dead and still walking seemed like the end for her, and a completely dreary one, since she had no other options. "But you're still alive, so maybe Death just wants to play with you. Maybe he likes you," she offered, finding it a completely plausible reason for the older woman's life. "Are you really older than ten? And what's your name?" There was awe in her voice, her young age showing through. Though her body was older, her mind had stopped in most respects when she was less than a year old when she had died. There was also envy behind her words, though it was quieted by how surprised she was that the woman was so old. Lolita could never be ten years old, which wasn't fair. Why hadn't Death let her get old and cool first, before taking her life away from her?

#####She sighed, the sound exhausted. It couldn't be helped; she had expected that this woman, who seemed to know a lot about death, would not question her too much. "But I am dead. I know so, because my brother killed me, and I feel dead. I guess. . . Death just wanted me to keep walking. It's not fun being dead, so don't try to get there anytime soon," she warned, although it did not seem like the silver one planned to die yet. "I can never stop being dead. I don't even think I'll ever be able to rest, really. I've been dead for six months now and I haven't stopped yet, so I think I'm just gonna have to keep walking forever." There had to be ways to stop herself from continuing to walk. Perhaps if someone tried to kill her again, she would finally die all the way. The prospect of walking around forever in death, while it had seemed cool after she had stopped panicking way back then, was not one she enjoyed very much. Despite this, she did not know if she was really ready to completely die yet. Her death had occurred when she was so young, and there was so much she was being given the chance to do now, despite being dead. At least she wasn't rotting in the ground yet.

Table by Amber!
[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_razor.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
    The silvery canine had personified death in her mind for some time now. Death must be something like a god, he must have a damn funny sense of humor, too—otherwise Kaena could not think of a reason why she should have lived. The hybrid woman had inflicted quite a lot of pain and death upon others in her lifetime, and she knew she was not one of death's Angels, though they had been sent to her in the form of her children. They had been birthed and they walked the earth, and that purpose was done, if it had ever been a true prophecy to begin with.

The coyote finally smiled at this notion of death wishing to play, shrugging her shoulders. Death had never been portrayed as a playful thing, instead a somber and dreary man in a hood, with skeletal fingers and a hood—or a dark, jackal-headed god. The hybrid woman wondered what it would be like to see death in a childish light, playful and granting eternity to those he touched. It was a comfort, but thinking like that (eternity being granted in the afterlife) was a dreadful way to live life. It took all of the vigor right out of it. "Perhaps he does play with me. I wonder if it is in the manner of a cat playing with a mouse before she eats it?" the hybrid thought aloud, a rare philosophical thought piping from her scarred muzzle.

Her face hardly changed as she addressed the issue of age, though inwardly she bemoaned the idea of having broadcast that she was ten. It was a milestone, an achievement, a rarity, all of the above—but still, age was a distinct weakness. The silvery hybrid nodded, speaking in her usual raspy fashion in response. "I will be ten on the seventh day of the next moon's cycle," the coyote said affirmatively. "I am Kaena Lykoi, of Inferni. And you?" she inquired in response, having already gleaned that she was Dahlian in origin, though freshly so.

The hybrid woman considered the younger canine's words even as they spoke, churning them over in her head. "Perhaps you meant to die, as did I... but there was a mistake?" she suggested, still finding it difficult to believe the youth was dead. There was a distinct difference between should be dead and straight up dead, and Kaena thought if the woman was truly dead her flesh would be rotting by now, after six months. "If you cannot truly die, take it as a gift. Others would go quite far for immortality," the hybrid said, eying the woman with a hint of jealousy in her yellowed eye. Oh, to evade Death forever.

[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

#####It seemed that they had very different ideas about what Death could be like. Lolita still preferred the idea of Death being fond of Kaena, simply because it was a much more pleasant idea. Maybe Death was fond of her, too, and that was why she was still walking the earth in death. If that were the situation, however, then would not Kaena be dead in the same fashion? Probably Death did not really care for her at all, and that was why she could never completely die. That was unfortunate. Apparently, Death did not care to have her close to him or her, so she would forever be forced to stay on the earth with those that did not seem to understand her problem. That was a depressing thought.

#####The older woman's age was exciting, most definitely intriguing to the cream-colored one. "That's pretty cool, you know. Not many make it to ten, and I can never be ten," she stressed, hoping Kaena might understand that it was a very big deal that she could never be able to reach such an interesting age. Since she claimed to have had so many runs with death, Lolita hoped that Kaena would not be taking her life for granted any time soon. She was alive and could be ten, so she had better be happy about it. "Oh, and I'm Lolita Monroe. I just joined a pack near here, Dahlia de Mai. What's Inferni like?" Lolita had already given her first name to the silver one, but it had not been a formal introduction, so she did so again happily.

#####Immortality seemed like a good thing, and it was a different view than she had initially thought of it as. Despite this, even knowing that some would want to live forever, she shook her head in a matter-of-fact manner. "I can never see her again, but I know that someday, she'll die, and I'll just keep walking until everyone around me is gone. Even if I never see her again, I'll know that she died eventually, and that will hurt too much," she mused, referring, of course, to her sister. That was one of the biggest flaws she could find in not being able to die, that everyone around her would die and she would eventually be left alone. That was why she was so desperate to find another dead companion in hopes of eternal closeness.

Table by Amber!
[/html]
[html]
Ohay, it's Miserable Failure (aka Sie) D: Sorry for the delay. <333

The coyote woman smiled at the younger canine, tilting her head to the side. This was a true statement; if she was dead, she did not age... at least, not in the physical sense? If she had died some time ago she would have showed signs of change by now; the hybrid wondered what it was like to be stuck in that perpetual youth, and shivered, wishing this was something she could take from Lolita, the yellowed eye regarding the tanwy yellow coyote with envy now. "Maybe not, but if you are dead and you still walk, maybe you will walk forever? I would give a hell of a lot to have that," the hybrid said, practically salivating at the thought.

The hybrid showed no reaction at the mention of Dahlia de Mai, though it had confirmed her suspicion. A wry smile crossed her lips, and she nodded, appearing to take the information in stride. "According to everyone else, we're all vicious brutes," the hybrid said with a grin. "Did your new beta wolf have anything to say about us?" she inquired wrly, cocking her head to the side and wondering if this would help her any—maybe there was another Dahlian leader she didn't know about. The hybrid was altogether unfamiliar with the pack other than that Haku Soul reigned there, and he was a psycho and he had scarred her up good.

The ash-furred woman listened at the younger canine's musings, thinking of her own Zulifer. She would see him soon, it would seem. Her first love hadn't too long to wait for her; it seemed Ahren had someone in this life still, and he would not be waiting for her on the otherside, but maybe Zulifer would have been patient enough all these years in eternity for her? Though, if that were true, then everyone the hybrid had destroyed over the years would also be waiting for her, and there was no telling what would happen when those devils tore her apart. "Maybe you will see her again before she passes on," the hybrid offered, feeling a bit of genuine sorrow for this creature before her. "Love can drive us to madness; what's a little distance to a madwoman?" the hybrid said, a twisted smile lighting on her features.

Thanks to Akumu for the table!
[/html]
[html]

You're not a miserable failure. <3 But you are Sie. Unless. . . You're a brain-stealing pirate alien. :o 500+ words.

#####Lolita wished she could see her death as the gift that Kaena seemed to consider it, but it was too difficult to try to view it in that light. It was far too lonely for someone who so desperately craved the attention of others. It had never been important to her before her death, but not only had the incident had an affect on her habits and state of mind, it had also aletered the way she felt about company. It was the reason she sought so many replacements for Pippa in her life, but no one had ever been good enough to fill that void, whether they were male or female, dog or wolf, old or young. Contemplating this, Lolita decided that she could not imagine the silver woman feeling the same dreaful loneliness that she felt. There was something special about her, a magnificent air of importance and strength. It mattered not if those terms were ones Kaena would use to describe herself, because the young woman had already decided that they were fitting. It seemed to her that the Inferni woman deserved immortality more, as she would surely be able to appreciate it to the fullest.

#####The information did not upset her, though Lolita's immediate thought was that her awful brother deserved to be there, as he would fit in well. Perhaps even her uncle, for what he had done to her mother, but she found it difficult to hold a grudge against someone she had not seen in so long. It was easy for her to hate her brother, for he had killed her, but her uncle, though she was still angry about everything, had technically been a victim of circumstance. A misguided victim, and one she would not mind giving a piece of her mind (and maybe teeth, should her old anger be resurrected), if she ever saw him again. "Is that Cmwfen? She's the only one I've met in Dahlia so far, or here, even. You're the second." She knew that the black and blue female was a high ranking member of the pack, but she could not remember if she had discussed her rank at all. It was possible she was even the leader of the pack, though surely Lolita would remember that, of all things.

#####If only it were that simple, she wished, but she was also a bit hopeful at the older, very likely more experienced woman's words. It had not even crossed her mind that she might be so lucky as to be graced with her lovely sister's presence once more. "You think so?" she questioned, trying to keep any shimmer of hope from her tone. It was beginning to seem like an unlikely thing, given the circumstances, but she wished she could have stopped thinking the moment the happiness had begun to slip. "She's the reason my stupid brother killed me." The words were muttered vehemently, anger towards her brother, and perhaps even the woman of her fantasies. If she had not been with Pippa those times, and if she had not fallen for her so hard, she would still be alive now. "Have you ever been in love? What's it like to be in a normal kind of love, not the kind that isn't. . . Viewed nicely?"

Table by Amber!
[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_razor.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Awww. Big Grin You make me feel liked and give me lulz at the same time. XD You rock.

The silvery hybrid had her family, and that was where she drew strength for her old age. The Lykois kept her going; they required her attention and guidance still. She had left too early, and now it was only a question of fate as to whether or not the departed ones would return to her again. Still, she had her strong Gabriel, she had her devoted Samael, she had her darling lost Razekiel—and beyond that, her beloved Halo, the final grandchild remaining out of all of them, though she did not doubt Ezekiel's return and she eagerly awaited Talitha, one of the many other grandchildren whom she had not met.

The leaden-furred coyote listened carefully to the woman's response, her hope restored just a little bit and then demolished. If she was that new, it was unlikely that she'd have even heard of Haku yet. Trying not to allow her disappointment to show, the hybrid shook her head. "Haven't heard of her." The hybrid didn't wish to comment further than that; revealing too much or digging for too much information was bad. She didn't realize shutting down was also a giveaway, but the conversation progressed nonetheless, and the moment of fleeting hope was forgotten.

The Centurion tilted her head to the side, smiling again, though it was a faint one. "Of course. I am the mother to many children, and they have all come home to me at some point or another. Love like that can draw you back to the ones you love," the hybrid said. As Lolita spoke, she listened, her thoughts brewing even as the younger canine formed her questions. "It is fleeting, so far as I know... it fades and withers, or it is stolen from you in the night," the lead-furred woman said, a pained look crossing her scarred face as she thought of Zulifer, whom Salvaged had murdered while she slept; of Ahren, who had departed to chase his crown and destiny, she supposed. Those were the only times she'd ever been in love, and both times it had ended prematurely, she thought. "What's normal love, anyway?" the hybrid asked, not drawing the conclusion that perhaps the third party in the love triangle was also a sibling.

[/html]
[html]

Yay! =D You make me feel loved, too! My Boston tongue apparently came out here, because rereading, I used 'wicked cool' in her dialogue. . . xD oops? 500+ words.

#####At the very least, it seemed that Dahlia was not completely known to Kaena, either. It made Lolita feel a little less inadequate, despite being new to the pack. It was very likely that the Inferni woman knew quite a bit about the pack, as she seemed to know quite a lot about everything. That was probably something that came with age, Lolita supposed. Wisdom, it would seem, was something that she did not have a lot of, though she hoped to acquire it. Hopefully, it was not something that was completely dependent on age, since she would never be able to reach the wonderous age the woman before her held. In her mind, she still was not yet a year old, and never would be. Perhaps wisdom was something that was determined by time spent on Earth, in which case, she would be rish with it later, a promising prospect.

#####Cmwfen had been someone she liked upon meeting her, though Lolita was still bothered by the fact that she did not seem to completely understand the flamboyant woman's condition. It was no matter, really, as very few did completely understand. Even Kaena, so seemingly knowledgable, had not understood immediately, if she even did now. It seemed as though it was a difficult concept to grasp, that the woman standing before others could possibly not be alive, and yet walking. Because of that, she could not hold it against Cmwfen that she had not known what it meant. "She was really nice, if you ever meet her. She's black with wicked cool blue markings," she added, just incase the silver woman ever came across her.

#####Lolita knew all too well how quickly love could be stolen from someone without a single hint that it would be happening. The situation with her sister was something she considered to be love, and though she did not know for sure, she liked to think that Pippa would always be thought of as her first love. Perhaps she would be able to love again, or perhaps she had used up her one love token with her sister, wasted so quickly by her brother's wrath. It would be a shame if she could never love someone so completely again, but maybe she could learn to move forward and do so, if she could find someone capable of accepting her nonliving state. Even if that happened, though, could she possibly give up the rest of her feelings for her beloved Pippa? It simply seemed completely doubtful.

#####Nothing in her life could be considered normal, really, so the fact that her love life was not conventional did not surprise her. Lolita enjoyed the physical company of both males and females, though considering the large number of women she had been with, it was not as strange as it had seemed to her when she had embarked on her afterlife journey. Still, it seemed so completely strange that she was in love with her sister, or had been, at one point in time. Maybe she was not anymore, but she was still torn. "Well. . . It's loving someone who. . . Isn't your sister." The last three words were whispered, her eyes averted to the ground. If Kaena did not think she was crazy for her existence on earth during death, then surely she would have a problem with that. It was something Lolita could not even come to terms with completely yet.

Table by Amber!
[/html]
[html]
       The silvery canine had been alive a long time, and she would have ventured to say she believed in the aging of the soul in addition to the aging of the body. Her own soul was pathetically young, even after all the years she'd spent on this earth—it had many cycles to run before it was ready to ascend to a higher state of being; it had many lives to live before it could rest. The coyote woman's ears flicked to Lolita as she spoke, and nodded, filing the information away for safekeeping. If that was the other side of Dahlian leadership, it might do her well to get in good with the woman—obviously her position put her close to Haku, and the hybrid woman would have rather liked turning the man's comrades against him. It wouldn't be the first time.

The hybrid was quiet for a long moment, studying Lolita. It would seem she had more to add to the conversation, but for whatever reason, those words were none too eager to escape her throat. Still, the coyote hardly thought it her place to pressure the younger canine, certainly not when it concerned a subject so sensitive and often painful as love. So the coyote remained, content to let the silence stretch between them. She was a creature of fewer words in general, and she was not given to rattle on about things if she could sit in comfortable silence. The creamy wolf's words, when they did emerge, were shocking, to say the least, and Kaena couldn't contain the look of surprise that came across her features.

Kaena couldn't help but draw a parallel—sisterly love was something like what Samael wanted, something like the way he loved her. The silvery woman took a few more moments of quiet to ruminate over this revelation, her yellow-gold eye drifting and appearing quite contemplative for a moment. It was had been a struggle to accept Samael's love, though the lead-furred Centurion knew she could hardly blame him for loving her more than her other children. Her own voice was small, awkward, and she shrugged her shoulders in a tiny motion, turning her head just toward the younger canine. "Then, maybe... your bond is just stronger for that," the hybrid said, deciding that sounded best.

Thanks to Akumu for the table!
[/html]
[html]

500+ words.

#####Lolita did not know why she was allowing her angst and anxiety over Pippa to come back to the surface. It had not been intentional, most certainly not, but now that the feelings had risen, she could not find a way to suppress them. Life would be easier if her lover could find a way to escape their brother and come to be with her, but the flamboyant one did not expect such a thing to happen. Pello had always been a control freak, and even if he did not treat Pippa badly now (for Lolita knew he would never let her or their other sister out of his sight), she knew that he would be in control of her and their other sister now until their deaths. It would be easier if she could find someone to replace that spot in her heart and to shield her from her own vulnerability, but that was far easier said than done, considering how few understood her condition.

#####It seemed that her revelation was not something Kaena expected, and this only furthered her to lower her gaze and try to fold in upon herself. It was bad enough that she loved another woman in this way, but for her to love her own sister seemed to be even more taboo than the other forms of love. Lolita could not even look down upon those few she had met that enjoyed intimate acts with the deceased, since everyone she was with could be considered to be like that, even if she still walked and breathed as if she were alive. There were even those that enjoyed sex with creatures of different species, and while she could not say she partook in such endeavors, she could not find them too repulsive. It was just a different form of love, she supposed, even if she chose to distance herself from it.

#####"Thanks. . . Maybe you're right," she added quietly, though she did not hold much faith in the situation. No matter how strong a bond they shared, nothing would come of it now, she assumed. "I just gotta figure out how to move on, because she can't be here, so. . . It's not really much use to dwell on it, right?" Finally she looked back at Kaena, the question for advice heavy in her eyes. She supposed what she wanted to hear was that she was right in trying to move on. It would very likely open other venues for her, and perhaps she could find someone to quell her loneliness, although Kaena would likely not be able to tell her that. In her eyes, Lolita was the only one who knew the terrible loneliness the dead suffered, and that was only because she dealt with it every day. Some days were better than others, but it was always lingering close by. Although, maybe the silver coyote would be able to understand, because she had loved and lost some of her children, Lolta could deduce from the information given to her.

Table by Amber!
[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/endoftheworld.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:243px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
    The coyote was well-aware that things such as incest existed, though perhaps that was not the proper term for what Lolita and her sister did, what Samael wished to do Kaena herself. Those seemed like acts generated out of a pure love, even if it had been twisted and warped beyond the definitions of normalcy. The hybrid woman did not think these things were similar to what Kairo had done to her when she was a child; her older half-brother had forced his unwanted self on young Kaena, and that was wrong, either and any which way one looked at it. If Samael tried to do the same to Kaena, it would also be wrong, but if she reciprocated his love? If she wanted it as he did—like Lolita and her sister? Was it also wrong, then?

These questions seared the hybrid's mind, and at once she was revolted and intensely curious, considering the creamy Dahlian wolf's situation in parallel with her own. They were not so different, though perhaps it was even stranger for the fact that Samael had come from Kaena's very body. But on that same turn, then, did Lolita and her sister not share just as close a relationship? They were both molded of the very same flesh; their parents were the very same (or so Kaena assumed; she did not take into account that they could have been half-siblings). Now that the hybrid had these thoughts on her mind, she wished to express them, but she did not wish to offend the younger canine in the least. The subject had suddenly sparked the hybrid coyote's interest in the most intense way, and she could not help but angle her head toward Lolita, curiosity clearly slowing on her scarred features.

"No, I mean it. I think what you have is stronger than what you call normal love. You have your shared blood to remember each other, and that bond is stronger than anything two unrelated creatures can create," the coyote said, shaking her head. Maybe it was the wrong thing to tell her, but the hybrid couldn't help it—she knew in her heart this woman's sister would find her someday, and they would be reunited and happy. "There's no moving on from your sister," the coyote said, as gently as she could. "Family is forever." This, she knew, was also one of the undeniable truths of the world—her own would accompany her in the afterlife someday, she knew it; some of them she would be lucky enough to hold in the living world, too.

Her brow wrinkled in thought, and it was apparent there was more on the hybrid's mind. "Take a lover if you are lonely into misery. Your body has needs as strong as your head, nothing wrong with listening to 'em," the hybrid added, dispensing direct advice at long last. "But don't forget your sister. I'm sure she's on the opposite end of your distance, hurting for you as hard as you pine for her," the coyote assured the creamy woman. "You will see each other again."

[/html]
[html]

500+ words.

#####If she had believed she truly had a complete soul, she knew it would be aching at the discussion they were having. As it was, part of the way she felt was that she had never posessed an actual soul; she only felt that she had fragments, incomplete pieces that could not be fit together like the puzzle that could form a complete soul. To have a complete soul would be unbearable in this situation, as she knew that she could hardly stand thinking about Pippa as it was. Any thoughts of her sister included memories from the times they had spent together and the amazing bond that had been severed, and she simply could not handle those thoughts, memories, and feelings. Lolita was significantly less confident than Kaena seemed to be that they would ever be reunited. She almost wished that the older woman would stop talking about it, just so she would not have to think about it anymore. . . But it was in her head now, so even if they stopped their discussion, she knew she would not stop thinking about her at any point in time that would be soon enough.

#####To know that Kaena supported the idea of taking a lover was reassuring, at least, as she had taken many and wished to continue doing so. It was the least that she could do to ease her loneliness, and even though she barely knew the coyote woman, Lolita held her opinion as important. She was obviously worldly and knowledgable, and as a result, the younger woman could only assume that her opinion would actually have something to back it up. It would not just be personal opinion, like what she would get from most. Kaena had experience with love and life's trials, and that was completely obvious to the younger woman's eyes. If there was anyone she had met recently in her travels that she felt she could get an honest opinion from, then she felt that it was the woman standing before her.

#####Still, she did not want to get her hopes up, no matter how certain Kaena seemed about the situation. There was one thing she could think of, that Kaena did not know of first hand: her brother. It just seemed unlikely that she would be reunited with her sister if he still lived, but the chance was there, she supposed. "How do you know so much, and how can you be as certain about things as you seem to be?" It was all she could think of to say in response. The dead girl wished she could know as much as Kaena, or just feel even a smidgen of the confidence she thought the other to have. Cmwfen had been a similar case; she had seemed so sure of everything around her. Lolita was certainly younger than both of them, but she felt that did not matter as much. "I feel like it's not just an age thing, or even experiences, I guess," she added.

Table by Amber!
[/html]
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_rain.gif); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; text-align:justify;"> Raaaaawr! <3 Congrats with Vigi, btw. Big Grin

The hybrid woman had been alive a long time, and she had seen much in her lifetime. When she was young, it was more common for the canines to remain in their lupus forms, four-legged. Sshe had never seen her father shift, though vaguely, she recalled her mother's two-legged shape. Kae had been far too young to recognize it, and nothing had reinforced her foggy childhood memories until she had come to this land at nearly two years old, unaware she possessed the ability to shift. Zulifer had showed her different, though—they ran into each other almost accidentally, engaging in a brief tryst that began with teaching Kaena how to shift and culminated in sex, as many random encounters in the hybrid's life. But it was the realization that she was indeed a Luperci (and the knowledge of what that was, exactly) she had owed to Zulifer, and that made him stick in her head.

The world had changed greatly in the time Kaena had been alive; now she heard tales of canines from around the world, a different, civilized part of it. She could not help but wonder at this; Ahren had brought her knowledge of the other side of the world, the last time she saw him. That was too many years ago, though it pained her still to think about it. She had been just late to see him again this second time. Just fucking missed him. Maybe she could've saved him, maybe she could have saved Andrezej. She never should have left them.

At Lolita's words, the hybrid smiled, though it was somewhat wistful. It was not without great pain and struggle that she had gained her life experience, as was quite evident by simply looking at her face. "I don't know. Years, I guess," the hybrid surmised, wondering if that was even the right answer. "You've got time on this earth still, time to learn and grow confidence," the coyote said, her golden eye wandering to the ground, twirling the long fur of her thigh absently. "My family proved to me many times over that the bonds we forge in blood are strong."

Though their discussions ran deep and touched on places in Kaena's head that were not particularly pleasant, she was enjoying this interaction on the whole, and it showed in her relaxed posture and the curious way she regarded the creamy-furred woman. The hybrid was not used to seeing herself reflected in another in so many ways, and it was at once a frightening and enlightening experience.

[/html]
[html]

Thanks! =D 300+ words.

#####The coyote woman was someone that Lolita was beginning to look up to and admire. There were not many that she could say were held that way in her mind, but the Inferni woman had the utmost respect from the younger girl. If she had not already become a member of Dahlia de Mai, then she would have considered checking out this clan that Kaena was in. Still even, if the pack did not work out for her, then perhaps she might have a place elsewhere, regardless of her dog and wolf heritage alone. Lolita was not privy to the knowledge of Inferni's restrictions against wolves and hybrids, and while she had absolutely no coyote heritage, this did not register in her mind as a potential problem. Kaena had not told her much about Inferni, and Lolita was simply naive enough to assume that, if she ever got bored with Dahlia, she could find somewhere else to live happily, possibly with someone she knew, like this woman.

#####The bonds she had with her family were certainly varied. With Pippa, she had love, adoration, and completeness. For Pello, she only had hate, and for Rashelle, their bond was nothing but pity from both sides. She had been pitied for being "different," and she pitied her eldest sister for being a sheep with no regard for her own life or ideas. Her father, she did not know, and her mother had always given her a tender affection, and she had always loved the older woman. Her uncle was certainly a different story, their bond severed by his actions. "I wish I could say the same," she mused quietly, although she supposed that the bonds she had with her family truly were strong. They were simply not all positive bonds, though that is what she would have preferred. She just wanted to be accepted and loved, to not be so lonely any longer.

Table by Amber!
[/html]