dark coagulum
[html]
out of character
If it's not too much trouble I'm asking Infernians to hold off their replies until I see if any Inferni-haters are interested in replying first. See this thread for further explanation. I'm just trying to mix it up a bit. ^__^ Strike that! I can't wait to join. >D

Name: Bramble Saari
Birthdate: Feb. 05, 2007
Luperci: Yes, yes, yes, and yes. Oh forgot to say yes. Yes.
Species: Coyote
AIM: a frolic a holic
How you found 'Souls: Nico has always been Soul's bitch.

out of character
Bram lazily stretched both arms before her sleek belly and interlaced the fingers like fleshy little gates. With a chorus of crackles and pops she cracked her aching knuckles, and at once both hands fell to her thighs again. It seemed like the aches were always at their worst, but then they would grow a little bit deeper and she'd discover a new higher pain. As if some bastard was shoving flares in the crannies of her skeleton and lighting them. She cursed this inner-troublemaker standing there innocently with flare-sticks hidden behind his back, "Fudgin' craphead" and trudged on, ever tired.

These borders along the naked meadow were a beautiful place, so the girl's eyes said. She imagined what lay beyond and it transmitted a cool delicious tingle to her spine. Partly to blame were the skull decorations, but other than ogling the first one she'd come across they'd just sort of become a part of the landscape. It was as if these visions of death were meant to be, and sweet little Bramble quite loved that idea.

Sun drizzled on her face as the last of passing clouds scooted along the blue expressway. She stopped and allowed herself to be completely enveloped by the new ray's warmth. Until now the days had been chilled by Autumn's icy promise, but summery remnants such as this still remained.

She fell to her knees and unfastened a single button from her white cotton over-shirt to reveal a necklace strung with tiny pearls. A black scallop seashell pendant starkly contrasted against her white, near-flat bosom. She rested both weary hands on the golden tanned leather of her long fringed skirt and smoothed the worn, scarred, and stained material with loving gentleness. The clothes she wore were the only material things she owned with which to remember her father. The same could be said for the jewelry and her mother's memory.

Suddenly, the sun didn't seem warm enough. A dark cloud of memories clotted over Bramble's body. The girl shivered and shoved her clasped fists between both thighs against the skirt's tautness. She peered around, head showing above the grass-line like an insecure prairie dog, and wondered when (and if) any of these alluring coyotes would materialize from the silken yellowing landscape. If they'd just hurry up she wouldn't have to think about stupid things and get all sick from them.

Kind of absentmindedly came a wistful whisper from her maw, "Is anybody out there..." An ear (so rusty in color it wouldn't surprise anyone if it started creaking) flicked back to catch a rustle rustle of an answer. It could have been dismissed as the Autumn breeze at play but she was thinking, no way can someone sneak up like that. Nonetheless, her alert switch had been turned on. She reached her hands up to re-do the undone button on her shirt and stood up and pulled the seashell from beneath the cotton to fidget with. If someone really was out there, besides Autumn, she wanted to see them. Thus, eyes of an incomprehensibly dark color scanned the scenery for anomalies...

[/html]
[html]
ohithar :o

The hybrid woman made her usual roundabout the borders, plodding along rather resignedly in her Secui form. She had started the day as a two-legged, and in her responsible duties she decided it would be easiest to pace the perimeter with four legs, yet she did not feel like completing the shift all the way to Lupus form. Too much effort, and besides—she'd need to have opposable thumbs sooner or later. So she remained in her shaggy halfling form, her heavy paws carrying her quite quickly. Her stride was long and lacking in purpose, and the hybrid woman appeared to meander. She was rather accustomed to making this regular trip and finding nothing; coyotes were fewer in number and harder to attract into group life in general, so it was no wonder to the Centurion.

The day was warm, though there was the occasional crisp breeze to whisper autumn's steady arrival. It was October now, and soon the leaves would turn to fire and ash. The coyote welcomed it, and she desired the coldness of winter, though she had never particularly enjoyed its frigid temperatures prior to spending the past two winters in the southland. The cold season was not so cold there, and instead of snow there was miserable freezing rain and sleet. Nothing could have made Kaena miss a Canadian winter quite like that. Continuing on her way, the hybrid scented a strange scent, one stranger likely waiting on the borders for someone to acknowledge her.

Kaena's pace quickened, her heavy silver paws plowing carelessly over the earth. She was at home here, and they was no need to conceal her presence and attempt to play coy. Should she find herself with someone unpleasant on the borders and fail to handle the situation herself, there was all of Inferni at her beck and call, each of the coyotes eager to rip flesh from bone in the name of their clan. The coyote smiled cooly at this thought as she continued forward, the emotion quickly fading as a voice rang out over the air. The stranger was within view now, but perhaps the hybrid's bulk was concealed by the tall grasses yet. The silvery canine paused some feet away, her searing eye studying what she could see of the other poking up from the tall grasses.

The coyote woman remained quiet for just a moment, inspecting the very coyote face. Her eyes were perhaps her most striking feature, some pale off-yellow that seemed to glow even in the afternoon's light. Her presence was enough of an answer for the question the newcomer had asked to the open air, and the coyote did not verbally respond to that, but instead spoke on a different train in her usual gravelly voice. "Hanging around here for grins?" she said, tossing her head to one of the gleaming skulls. Its own smile seemed macabre, empty eyes forever watchful of the coyote perimeter.
Thanks to Akumu for the table!
[/html]
[html]
out of character
shooby doo op ...ohhi.

out of character
The girl kicked herself inwardly for not seeing the other coyote-dog sooner. The stranger was even in her Secui form, for God's sake. She felt like she'd been standing before a memorable statue and not even seen it until it magically spoke from white marble jaws. The creator, a seemingly angry artist, had slashed the clay into a form of obscure lineage, rife scars, and a missing eye. A single golden eye, multifarious in beauty, was all that remained of artistic perfection.

Bramble slumped her body in its sitting position and bowed her head for a moment before looking up, "Oh, of course not, ma'm. I was just looking to maim and kill adversaries in exchange for a place in the clan." She grinned and shrugged innocently, "That's all." Bramble thought herself quite humorous, but it certainly felt strange speaking with such frankness and jest to someone that could easily be her grandmother twice over. She didn't know why she'd spoken that way. The older one's attitude just gave off a spicy flavor that made Bram feel bold, too.

Back home all the senior citizens were kind of lazy, but still demanded respect, and boy did they love to nag. This "grandmother" seemed like she was ready to kick ass at a moment's notice. Heck yes she thought, If ever there was an idol for me... it would definitely be this one. "My name is Bramble, but you can call me Bram." That grin lit up her face again, and she thumped her tail against the ground. She exuded eager friendliness to the woman who probably had more enemies than friends, but she did not care- this bitch was cool.
[/html]
[html]
mall-caps;">In Character

The coyote woman was quite accustomed to this process, and it was one she often undertook, though she derived no pleasure from it. She knew it was good to add to the clan's numbers, and she enjoyed knowing all of the faces in Inferni, but it hardly helped to make these encounters any less monotonous. It was rare that Kaena was surprised by what she found on the borderlands, at least where strangers were concerned. She was not expecting anything different this time, her sun-yellow eye gazing forward rather inquisitively at the female coyote, still sizing her up.

The younger canine spoke, her sharp words prompting the silvery hybrid to laugh, her expression absolutely indiscernible through all of the cris-crossed scar tissue on her face. It was something of a smirk and something of a smile, her remaining eye shining brilliantly. "Oh, that's all?" she responded coyly, tilting her shaggy Secui head to the side. "What ever gave you the idea we were into that sort of gory play?" she asked, an uncharacteristic and utterly out-of-place innocence feigned in her voice. It was jest, obviously—one who carried as many scars was obviously not peace-loving, and the skulls were practically a dead give-away.

The silver woman smiled, her face and voice becoming far more natural, the usual rasp of the Centurion's voice ringing out as she began moving closer to the tawny coyote. "Kaena Lykoi. This is Inferni," she said, introducing herself and the clan at once. "So," she added immediately after, indicating there was more to come. Still, she left a hefty pause here, considering her words. "You can fight? Anything else?" she questioned, clear interest showing in her features. The coyotes were often in danger and they needed able bodies—the more the merrier. Still, the hybrid woman was required to ask these things, so she did.

[/html]
[html]
The feeling one acquired when bantering lightheartedly with a stranger after weeks of traveling through the dark doldrums of one's mind, and having no company but the stark solitude of wilderness was, well... gratifying. She felt joy even as the frightful, calculating monogaze no doubt subtracted, added up, multiplied, and divided the complicated sum before its gleaming golden machinery.

"Oh my stars, I must be mistaken. How could I be so blind?" Her girlish chortles died down as the beast suddenly moved closer. All of a sudden the Secui was in brilliant detail. In response the cowardly sun disappeared beneath the clouds- overcast dreariness took over the landscape and the women as if to say Welcome to the Dark Side, little girly. Pale eyes widened briefly at the display. This creature was truly like no other she'd ever met, and the privilege of it... trailed her awed thoughts. Bramble's fluttering heart grew strong once more as a new dose of confidence surged through resilient veins and circulated the pattering red organ.

Between the long pause the girl leaned in close so that she could have collapsed, the necklace falling from the furred corridors of her chest and hanging, tinkering gently as it swayed like an oceanic pendulum. Kaena's words caused her to sit up straight again, and a bit of a worried look took over her unmarred (as of yet) features. This time her voice did not bubble, "Actually, while we're putting it all on the plate here, I must admit I've never fought a wolf. I'm just..." Her brow curved down and a snarl edged along the precipice of black lips and jagged tooth, "...so angry at what they've done. To me, my family, to other coyotes I've talked to." Deep down in her heart, having not realized it yet, she knew coyotes and wolves were natural enemies by the insurmountable laws of Mother Nature. One could not accompany a separate species for long without realizing they were stealing your land... your food... your lovers from right beneath your paws.

The folds of spite in Bram's face were ironed out by a deep sigh. She looked up to the living, breathing art form with beseechingly wide pupils and continued dramatically, "I just want to help in any way I can. I'll learn to slaughter beyond means of a lone hunter, but in the mean time I can fulfill other work: guard, hunt, care for Inferni's injured, and other such duties." It sounded like the coyote had planned the joining aspects out long before now, and maybe she had.

There was just one question left burning in her mind, Um, exactly how many coyotes are there? Inferni's border scents did not give her much of an idea to the answer. Perhaps there was a large army hiding somewhere beyond the reaches... Certainly Inferni would need a massive unit to protect themselves from the likes of so many wolves. Bram had sensed countless numbers of the enemy on her way here, but it did not dampen her spirits. Despite all of this mind-wandering dribble coming from her brain she had to save the question for later. There were more pressing issues at hand here, like getting in to the clan (which Bram craved like the social addict species she was).
[/html]
[html]
umg, I suck. :/ You can reply once more, and I r close? We thread later? Big Grin Sie needs less Kaethreads right now, so I gotta let some of them die off before I take more. <3 OH, also, please feel free to participate in the Inferni Game and add yourself to the residence list when you figure out where Bram's gonna chill. :3

The hybrid woman had remained silent on judgment thus far; she was generally one to hurry along this border process, but she had been taken off of the beaten trail by Bram, and she enjoyed these odd paths now and again. Already, the younger femme had sealed her place in Kaena's good graces with her frank honesty and her proper read of the coyote clan's demeanor. Then again, any idiot with half of a brain could piece together what the skulls symbolized—but few she had encountered here on the borders took to that statement with the same vigor that this young coyote had. That in itself meant something to the silvery hybrid.

The coyote grinned again, though she did not continue in the comedic revelry. It was rare enough to hear one joke pass from the hybrid woman's coal lips, let alone two in quick succession. The coyote's mischevious smile let Bram know that her humor was appreciated, though the moment the yellow-eyed canine began to speak the Centurion became infinitely more serious, that intense sole eye focused on the younger woman's face. It was true; wolves had done a hell of a lot to Kaena throughout her lifetime, though it would seem she was slowly learning that they were not wholly bad. Still, they were not to be trusted even a tiny bit until they proved they were worthy of it, and a great many of them were too stupid or too vile to bother with.

There was the rare genuinely good egg, Kaena was finding, and it was displeasing to have such glaring errors in one's way of thinking. Kaena did not like it, though she rationalized her wolf acquaintances in the name of gaining information or favor. Certainly it had worked to Kaena's advantage to get to know Naniko and enjoy her company; the hybrid woman's most recent scuffle had nearly crippled her, and Kaena was thankful she'd had the herbs there. It wasn't quite as good as Fatin's healing touch, but still—it was certainly better than her usual method of healing, which was simply to soak her body in salt water.

Wolves had taken quite a bit from the hybrid woman, physical pieces of her body, chunks of her heart, slices of her very soul. Two of her children were quite dead thanks to wolves, and that was enough heartbreak and pain to last a lifetime. "Anger is good," she replied, her steady voice speaking simple but meaningful words. "Anger can be channeled into action very easily." This was the truth; in her angriest moments Kaena Lykoi was a beastly sight to behold, all raging teeth and raised fur.

The younger coyote continued, and she seemed eager to throw her weight wherever was necessary, though her foremost desire was apparently the warrior's path. This pleased the hybrid coyote, and she nodded her scarred head. "Our numbers recently dropped, but there have been a few additions to our ranks in recent days. You'll fit in nicely with the lot of them, I think," the hybrid said, nodding. "I am the second-in-command, and my son, Gabriel, leads us. For now, you will rank as a Tirones, our subordinate position." The coyote's words were as short as possible, leaving Centurion and Aquila from the speech to save spinning the poor girl's head around with all of the unfamiliar terms.

The coyote woman did not want to simply walk off and let Bram figure things out completely on her own. Even if Kaena wished to round the borders once more, "You can make your home in the caves, where most of us live, or in the mansion—or anywhere in the wilderness you'd like," she said, tossing her head to indicate the wide territory the coyotes called home. The grand tour would have to wait, but the hybrid woman was quite confident her simple direction would aid the new Tirones in finding her way.

"The mansion is not far—head deeper into the forest and you're sure to find it." The grand gardens and the large building was rather difficult to miss; it was the only human structure remaining within coyote territory, save the slag of the landfill. "The caves are at the heart of the territory. You're sure to find it if you follow the scent trails," she said. It was something like Rome; most coyotes of Inferni were headed into and out of the central point of the coyote territory. The silvery Centurion appeared pleased with the clan's new addition, and she grinned again, speaking once more. "Questions?" the coyote inquired, quite willing to linger if the new member of Inferni required any more accommodation before she was released to the wild.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[html]
out of character
No problem and okay! Smile P.S. Your table reminds me of Caged. That place ruled. *nostalgic sigh*

out of character
The girl listened with a sharp ear. Several times throughout the woman's informative speech the girl nodded, the blank look on her petite face soaking it all in. Most everything stuck and the mention of a blood relative to the ancient one caught Bram's attention most. Gabriel? Her new leader? The coyote pictured a scarred, hulking monster with the blood of wolves painted on his battle-ready form. Erotic. She realized she was daydreaming when Kaena's voice pulled her conscience from the filth, and kindly briefed her on available living spaces.

A home. That's when it truly hit the ex-vagabond. No more struggling to find a safe place to lay her head. No more loneliness. Oh God, this was too much. The proud new Tirones met the leader's grin with her own, brimming with teeth and a cheekily placed tongue between her canines. Every centimeter of Bramble's body was ecstatic, and one could easily see this. "No, my mind is busy trying to soak it all in." The coyote wished to hug the nearly complete stranger, but instead on better judgment she stood and stretched her achy, lean body towards the sky.

She looked towards the expansive territory and took a step passed Kaena, but paused a moment to twist around and part with a thankful goodbye that glowed in her hopeful eyes, "I am so thankful, Kaena. I hope you have a beautiful evening... I think I'm gonna seek out more members to talk to." She waved cheerfully, then took off running through the fields. Kaena could probably hear the newcomer's gleeful shouts and giggles even as the girl became nothing but a bouncing black speck on golden sheets.

[/html]