Desertion [Joining, Reserved for Jaz :3]
Water... he mumbled to himself, shifting his head slightly. He felt more of it coming down on his muzzle. Waterrr, he mumbled again, licking his lips as he felt it coming down harder. He opened his eyes, only to be met with the flash of lightning, the boom of thunder, and relentless rain pouring onto his eyes. "Gah!" he yelled out, sitting up straight and nearly tossing the boat over. "What... how?" He looked on in disbelief, not even knowing how he had fallen asleep. He couldn't remember much of yesterday, seeing as he hadn't eaten in the past few days on the sea. He ran out of food on the third day, and it was easily a week after that now. Sinatra's ribs were visible through his white fur, spotted randomly with black spots and they weren't very healthy looking. "Oh god, oh god!" He fumbled through the rowboat for the cheap tarp he had bought before he left his old home island, looking for adventure. "I'm so stupid!" He growled, scowling as he pulled the tarp over the boat and secured it down. "Oh, please just let me live," He curled into a ball, hugging his arms to his sides and curling his skinny tail around him as much as he could. "Even if I die, just...let me go peacefully." He didn't pray much, if ever, but right now it was all he could do and wait for the sun to rise.

Mmm, sand sure is comfortable… he thought to himself, hugging the golden sparkles closer to his body. ”Sure is…” he said, this time out loud. ”Wait…” He cracked an eye open and was met with blinding light, this time the sun not lightning. ”Sand… sun… beach… Alive?!” He shot up again, this time not on his boat but on land. ”I’m alive!” he exclaimed, finding his backpack and looking through it quickly. Surprisingly enough, everything was in tact. Rings, a journal from his mother, and an old pistol from his father. He tried to remember what it was called, and he remembered it being called a… ‘revolver’. His father had taught him how to use it when he was a pup, barely a few months old. He smiled as he felt over the silver metal, and gently put it back. He clicked his tongue ring against his teeth as he looked around, his pink eyes scanning the beach. He had no clue where he was, or who lived here. He got a ping of fear if it was in coyote territory. He carefully picked himself up and started down the beach. He didn’t make it a few hundred meters before he collapsed, hungry and thirsty, seeing as he hadn’t eaten or had a drink in over a week. ”So I’m going to die here… not in the water… heh…” He closed his eyes, waiting to accept his fate.
[html]

WC:300+

The day had started out with a storm, keeping the wolves inside the manor for the sake for keeping dry and safe. He had originally thought the storm would ruin his day, having originally planned to go for a boat ride after doing a little hunting. After all Ghita was getting fairly large in the middle, the pups being due in a short month. He had been trying his best to keep her happy and full however he felt fairly useless at keeping her happy, her mood shifting so drastically. The storm had passed with time and now the giant found himself walking happily through the woods humming a simple tune as his two feet carried him in the general direction of the beach. A fresh rabbit hung over a massive shoulder, his pride showing for such a fast catch. Ghita would be happy to have a fresh meal once evening hit.

The breeze made him choke on the scent carried. It seemed to push his memories forward just beyond his reach. So familiar was the smell and yet, he couldn't remember. His brow frowned in confusion as his feet began to move quicker into a jog towards the sandy beach he knew was just behind the trees blocking his view. The sight before him as the greenery faded behind him sent him into shock as his memories suddenly flew back into his thoughts. He remembered being tired of water being around him, tired of being on a boat and his mother saying to be nice to his aunt and uncle, that they were going to visit her brother and it was important to be on his best behavior.

He remembered the strange female who he called aunt and her black spots and awkward face. She hadn't been at all like them. He remembered his cousin, Sinatra, who was a few months older then himself. They had played from sunrise to sunset every day that month on the island and now there was a familiar pattern, the spots, on Crimson Dreams territory. He didn't recall running to the dalmatian mix, or picking him up but the next thing he was aware of was placing the smaller male down on a rock and bringing a glass from his backpack filled with fresh river water. “Drink Sinatra, drink.” He repeated over and over. They where blood, the first blood relation he had seen in almost two full years.

[/html]
Sin was ready. Ready to accept his death, his fate, to go see his parents in the inevitable afterlife and live forever in eternal bliss. He was sure he'd die from one of three things. Starvation, thirst, or sun stroke. Either way, all three would be a slow painful death, and the hybrid was sure he'd be feeling every scorching pain. Curling his fingers into the sand, he took a few more ragged breaths as the sun beat down on his naked body. Just... end it, he thought, looking off into the waves of the ocean. He wasn’t scared, he’d been raised to never be scared of anything…

Thumpity thump thump… he thought to himself. For a moment, Sin thought he was going insane from the heat, but with closer hearing he could tell the thumping was real. So… I’m not going to die? His head tried to turn the other way, and a jumble of muttered words escaped his muzzle. If he was like this now, how come he’d been so alive when he woke up? He reasoned it to be adrenaline, and groaned as he was suddenly picked up. The dalmy/wolf hybrid wasn’t that all surprised. Most females could pick him up, so he just drew himself into the stronger person’s chest, using all of his strength to hold onto the backpack. It was heavy enough to make him strain his arm, and all Sinatra could pray for was some food and fresh water. Maybe somebody to hold onto as he puked it all back up, too.

A blur was put into his vision, and for a moment Sin thought he was going blind. He blinked though, and when he looked up he could see a glass of water, and beyond that, a wolf. A big wolf. He heard is him called, and he took hesitant small sips, thinking of what wolf that he didn’t know would know his name. Licking his now damp lips, he breathed heavily while he looked at the male. ”J-… Jazzy?” He coughed into a paw, the tattoos on his wrists glinting from the sweat on his body. Pink eyes looked over a similar tattoo on “Jaz”’s left eye. ”Is that you…?”
[html]

His heart raced as he waited for Sinatra to respond. He couldn't loose him he just couldn't! Since his parents brutal and instant fate he hadn't seen or heard any news of his mother's brother or the strange looking dog he called his mate, let alone a peep of information to let him know his childhood playmate was alive. Jazper had no brother, no sister, all he had was this single cousin in a distant memory from a time before life became complicated. Back in the days where he would spend the entire day wandering with his father asking him why he had no siblings only to be told that Ares had been born an only child as well and it was not a particularly horrible thing. His golden eyes stared at the dalmatian mix, this had to be him, he had never heard of such a hybrid since and he was still the tiny male he remembered.

Their month together had taught him a few things about the world: it didn't matter what you looked like, and not every pup was the same. Jazper had been a fairly large boy in comparison to Sinatra and while Jazper had been opinionated and inquisitive with a temper the dalmatian hybrid had been calmer and more of an introvert. They where two opposites brought together by a strange blood bond. His eyes wandered to the smaller males wrists, both bearing the tribal sun tattoo that now graced Jazper's own face. A soft voice almost made the ebony wolf jump as his heart skipped a beat entirely. “It's me.” He answered simply, his mind trying to separate his words form his emotions as he fought back the tears that began to cling to his eyes. “I have some rabbit if you want some. I'll make you better I promise.” Sinatra would be okay, there was no question in his mind.

[/html]
Food. The mentioning of it brought a growl from his stomach that could probably rival Jazzy’s. He was slowly taking bigger sips of water, and he grabbed at the rabbit from Jaz, not caring about manners or how much his cousin would let him have. His breathing slowly returned to normal, and he could clearly think now. Jazper… he thought to himself, and he was quickly brought back by a memory.

A giggle came from a tree, and the pink eyes stared at the larger wolf on the ground. Sinatra was only a few months old at this time and had learnt to climb trees quite well. The perfect evasion technique when he was playing Hide-And-Seek with his new cousin, Jazper. They had agreed to play this game no less than an ago and the large wolf was still it. He’ll never find me! he thought to himself as he shifted his position. They had quickly liked each other when Jaz and his Aunt and Uncle arrived, acting as if they’d known each other their whole lives. A thump brought the young hybrid from his dreams, and he smiled as he saw Jazper directly underneath him. ”Where is that pup?” he heard Jaz ask, knowing Sin hated it when he called him that. I’m right up he-…Ah… Ah… ”ACHOO!” He sneezed. His short fur stood on edge and he lost his balance, falling from the tree and next to Jazper. ”Owww!” he whined, clutching at his bruised elbow. ”Uhh…” He felt a finger poke his head, and a laugh from Jazzy. ”You’re it!”

”You shouldn’t cry, Jazzy.” Sinatra said, sitting up now. The excitement of seeing his cousin again, along with the almost gone rabbit had given him new energy. He shuffled over and sat down next the his three foot taller cousin. ”You’re too tough to cry,” He pulled himself into the younger wolf’s chest, hugging him as hard as he could, which was just about nothing now. ”I missed you…”
[html]

As his cousin grabbed the rabbit almost viciously from over his shoulder Jazper couldn't help but let a chuckle escape from his body. Taka would had scolded him royally for being grabby but given the situation it was more then appropriate. His main concern was to get his strange looking cousin back in shape. Food and water being covered he kept a close watch on the tiny hybrid as he ate,waiting with tears in his eyes. He was gaining energy again as the seconds ticked by and the rabbit slowly disappeared. Perhaps he had made it in time for the spotted male to make a full recovery. As he waited he let his memories drift.

His mother had been bugging him for called the strange boy what he was, strange. All he had done was asked why he looked so messed up, was that so bad?! Yet here was was sitting in front of his father waiting for a scolding that would never happen. For some reason mum had never caught on to dad being the gentle of the two parents. As his father talked quietly to him about everyone being equal he rolled his eyes. He didn't care if they where all equal he just wanted to know why his aunt and cousin looked like they had spots of dirt all over them, after all mum always told him to wash his coat before and after he slept. Finally his father stopped talking, insisting that he go play with the boy named Sinatra. 'But he's a freak!' He had whined just in time for a small head with pink eyes to appear from behind a bush.

His cousins words brought him back from memory lane with a small smile. They had gotten past that incident, though Jazper still felt horrible for being such an insensitive child. He hadn't always thought of others feelings when he was younger. Now Sinatra's hug squeezed his sides slightly and his words made him laugh once more. “I'm not crying Sin your just seeing things.” He mumbled defensively as he wrapped his own arms around the tiny male. “How have you been? Hows your parents?” He questioned a new found warmth filling his heart knowing that he was talking to his only blood relative in the land.

[/html]
”You’re crying,” he teased. His voice cracked momentarily so he took another sip of water. ”I should be the one crying.” He sighed and leaned into Jaz for both support and warmth. ”You were always the one looking out for me when you visited. Well,” he grinned softly and looked up to Jazper’s face. ”When you didn’t make fun of me!” He giggled and poked his cousin in the ribs, comfortable sitting next to him. ”You made fun of me for my coat the first few days. Saying I didn’t wash myself, or calling us mutts.” The memories made Sinatra feel happy, knowing there were good times before his parents died. ”I made fun of you for being so big and younger than me.”

Nibbling on the bone of a rabbit, Sin averted his gaze at the topic of his parents. ”They’re dead. A pack of coyotes ambushed them a year ago. Since we lived on a small farm we didn’t have many weapons so they killed them in a matter of seconds.” Reaching out for his backpack, he drew it closer to them. ”They wanted our human technology.” Pulling out the revolver, he showed it to Jaz with a shy smile. ”This was my father’s. He showed me how to use it after you left.” He indicated to the symbol of Fernis on engraved on the side of the handle. ”He said that I’ll always have the power of the Sun God on my side with each kill. Though, I’ve never killed with it.” He set it down on the ground, and rooted through his pack until he came upon his mother’s journal.

”Other than that though, I’ve been good.” He giggled, and nuzzled into Jazper again. ”I’m into males, y’know. So I thought I’d let you know.” He picked at a few actual specks of dirt on his coat and chuckled. ”So, in a non-incesty way, you’re pretty hot.” Sinatra could feel his cheeks burning in embarrassment, shy and not knowing what to say now. Most likely the Dalmatian hybrid just made things more akward.
[html]

It was true, the two males had not originally gotten along so well. However, they where pups and pups forgave each other probably too easily. The larger male grunted in disapproval of the dalmatian hybrid's teasing. There was nothing wrong with crying, pups and mothers did it wall the time! He felt a small ball of guilt grow in him, he had been so mean as a young pup, so unacceptable. He was an entirely new wolf now, older, a soon to be father, a protector of those around him. Nodded slightly he gave one last sniff with his nose and wiped a final tear form his eye. “Ya, ya.” He grumbled. It wasn't like he didn't have a reason to be happy with tears.

With the news of his aunt and uncle his jaw dropped in shock. A pack of coyotes had killed both of their parents? What where the chances? He blinked a few times and then closed his mouth finally only to open it again, “My parent's where killed by a pack of coyotes too. About a month after our visit.” Life had been so peaceful being back home, there had been new scents and new animals living around the valley. At least, it had been peaceful till they where attacked by the coyotes, the last time he very heard his parents speak. As Sinatra showed Jazper the gun his golden eyes gleamed with curiosity, “I have a few of those hidden away. I don't know how they work but I collect weapons, have to keep them locked up and away from the pups though.”

He sighed. Soon he'd have to keep them locked away form his own pups, “I'm going to be a father soon you know. My wife Ghita and I are expecting.” He left out the unpleasant details of how this had occurred. “As for the being into males thing that's fine, one of our leaders Anu likes other females and I've been with a guy myself, my ex mate Mahlouk. He disappeared a few months ago.” He looked up to the sky, not wanting to think to hard about the white male and the physical attraction of another male that he would never have again, only straight sex for him, if Ghita ever let him near her again.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: 383 Words

Giggling, Sinatra smiled warmly at Jazper. Such a large male for a blood relative, he still couldn’t believe it. Well, seeing as he was smaller than Jaz even that long time ago, he technically could. The wolf always was larger than he was, and he was sure he could easily kill the small hybrid with one paw. He was surprised to hear that Jaz’s parents were dead too, and only a month after he had left. But then again, he thought to himself, combing his claws through his fur. He does live in a pack, so technically, he was a family all the time... He tried not to sigh, but a small one escaped from his muzzle. All I have left is Jaz…

”O-oh, yeah.” He gripped the gun tighter and clicked back the hammer, aiming towards a tree and pulling the trigger. ”That’s basically it,” he giggled out, nudging Jaz in the stomach. ”All I need is the bullets and I’d be ready to shoot.” He put the gun down, just as Jaz announced he was going to be a father, and he was also into males. ”F-father..? Oh… congratulations!” He smiled, feeling happiness, joy, and…. Jealousy? But, what for? For having a mate? Yes… he thought to himself, looking to the ground. But even after that, he still felt it. But.. what for… He started thinking to himself as Jaz looked at the sky, and he suddenly realized it. I’m jealous of… Ghita? I want to be with Jaz…? He closed his eyes, not sure to feel proud of realizing a hidden lust, or sad for wanting to be with his blood.

The dalmy hybrid coughed into a paw and gave a fake grin at Jazper. ”H-how about I babysit them for you, the pups I mean… After you have them. I mean, I doubt I’ll have a mate of my own, so I’d probably have a lot of free tim-“ He stopped in midsentence. ”W-wait… I’m… not even in your pack. Heh, nevermind…” That thought made Sin think even more, and the hybrid was finding all this thinking annoying. ”Where will I go now…?” He asked outloud, casting a careful glance to Jazzy.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... hell_t.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Hello! 300+

She didn't know why she was out and about so soon after a storm. It's not like there would be anyone on the borders. Anyone with half a sense would have taken cover. While she was doing a little better (little being the keyword), the Commander still was trying to spend time away from the mansion as much as she could. It seemed it was becoming more and more difficult to keep the truth of her worries from the pups, a constant struggle to act like everything was fine and nothing had changed. So much had changed though, and she didn't know if those changes were over yet. Somewhere, off to the east, she had nieces and nephews and she wondered if she would ever see them or get to know them. She wondered if her brother would ever return and the icy talons dug into her heart at the thought, making her face screw up in pain. She would never be the same if he left.

When she wasn't worrying about what Ehno would choose she was worrying over her sister's condition. Savina wanted to be overjoyed but it was hard to be with what had happened to Ghita's last litter weighing heavy in her mind. The last thing she wanted was for her sister to endure that loss again, and she didn't want it to happen to Jazper either. They both had lost so much and they deserved to have something good happen. The Italian fey wanted her sister to be happy. She wanted Ghita to have what she had. All their hearts would break if this litter didn't make it. Every day she prayed to the gods to make the pups growing in her sister strong and healthy. The Marino family needed some joy in the midst of all this turmoil.

Ebony paws traipsed over the saturated earth as a couple of scents entered her nose. Triangular ears perked as she sniffed. One she knew very well: Jazper. She was still getting used to the idea of him as her brother-in-law, but it was growing on her. If she had to choose a male in the pack to be with her sibling, it would be the gentle protector. The other smell though was completely foreign to her and so she picked up her pace to go and make sure all was well. Voices began to filter into her ears and her eyes were trained forward curiously. She saw Jazz and another, smaller, male who was colored in a way she had never set eyes on before. The Commander was however distracted by something unsettling, the human object that the stranger was holding out. Her body froze as a primal fear set in. The hair along her spine bristled as emeralds took in the dangerous tool.

[/html]
[html]

Watching Sinatra he jumped slightly as his finger wrapped around and pulled the little trigger on the gun. He eyed the dalmatian mix suspiciously as nothing happened only to become relieved that the fact that there was these 'bullet' things missing that would make the device work properly. There was no need for the weapon to be loaded on Crimson Dreams territory anyway. The territory was suppose to be a danger free zone for pups and the his pack mates. “I wouldn't keep that thing loaded in the territory. Pups running around.” He explained in a very matter of fact way. A smile grew on his face with Sinatra's happiness for his becoming a father. He would have been disappointed with any other reaction. After all, becoming a father was a big part of a male's life, whether it be on purpose or other wise.

He turned with a smile as the familiar scent of his leader touched the inside of his nostrils just as his cousin asked where he would go. “You should stay here of course!” He exclaimed with a large smile as he turned to see Savina had arrived. The smile quickly faded as he picked up on her fear, his own fur standing up and his muscles tensing instinctively as he looked around for what she was afraid of. Following her gaze he took in the sight of Sinatra's gun and quickly realized that this was the culprit. He moved between the leader and the hybrid to separate her from the weapon. “Savina.” He greeted with a smile, “No need to worry. Its a human weapon but it's not loaded. I've already seen that it is harmless.” The delicate sound of his voice encouraging her to relax. “Savina, this is my cousin Sinatra. My mother's brother's son.” Turing to the black spotted male he motioned towards the black female, “This is Savina Marino, the pack leader and my mates sister.” He looked Sinatra in the eye, hoping he would understand the level of respect required of the situation.

[/html]
[html]

OOC:Word Count: 400+;; Listening to: "Dear God" by "Avenged Sevenfold"

Sinatra twitched his ears as Jaz suddenly reacted to the gun hammer hitting the bullet container. "I-I’m sorry, Jazzy!" he said quickly, leaning over to hug the large wolf. Stupid, he thought to himself, frowning as he pulled away. "Pups? Oh.. right, pups… I’m not used to pups I guess. Back on the farm is was just me and my parents. " He mentally winced at the thought of them, still to naïve and young to get over the fact that they wouldn’t be coming back. But his nose, too filled with water of the ocean and the scent of his only cousin was too busy to even bother looking for newer scents.

"I should what? Stay here? How do you even know your leader will let me stay. I mean, I’m a complete outsider, I have messed up fur, and I’ll probably hump any cute male I see!" Trying not to right now… he thought to himself, his gaze looking up to Jazzy’s eyes. But the wolf’s gaze shifted looking behind them, and when Sinatra turned he squeaked and hid behind his younger cousin. He could tell she was worried about the gun, the both she and Jaz looked at it, so he picked it up quickly and threw it to his bag. Savina… he thought to himself, still peaking from behind Jazper. He looked at her, even as he was introduced. What was he supposed to say?! He’d never met someone that could change whether he lives alone or with a family.

"Uhm…" He blinked over to her and taking a deep breath he shot Jazper a glare. "I’m uh, yeah… Sinatra. His er, cousin!" He shot a nervous grin to Savina and bowed his torso, looking to the ground now. "I’m sorry to ha-" He was cut off by a rumbling from his now once again empty stomach and he held onto it quickly. "Sorry…” he muttered, blushing heavily. "Like I was saying, I’m sorry we’ve had to meet in these circumstances. The gun was he passed father’s." He straightened his body, suddenly feeling even more naked in front of this powerful wolf. She could probably rip me to shreds… She’s easily a few feet taller than me… He felt his knees shake and he whimpered suddenly, stepping back to stand behind Jazper.

"I-…I’m scared… I could be forced to leave…" he whispered, hugging the wolf to him tightly. He didn’t want to have to leave, doing so would be a tragedy for the hybrid, and he’d probably end up dead anyway. Be it from coyotes or some other pack.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... hell_t.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Sorry for the wait guys D: busy weekend. I'll get you titled up but we can continue the thread. 300+

She didn't know if she had ever seen a gun in real life, but there were deep instincts that told her what that metal thing was and that it was extremely dangerous. More dangerous than any knife or sword. Death was the only thing that came from such things and she did not like having one inside the borders of her home. Crimson Dreams had dealt with enough accidents. Last time they had been lucky that no one had died, with a gun they wouldn't be able to hope that luck would hold out and the Commander wasn't going to take that chance. She wasn't going to let some human relic put her family and pack in jeopardy. Ebony lips were about to raise up in a menacing manner when Jazper realized what was going on and placed himself between her and the stranger. She relaxed somewhat, though the tip of her tail still twitch in anxiety. "Things like that are hardly ever harmless," she stated strictly.

She was surprised to see the smaller male, Jazper's cousin apparently, huddle and hide behind the large wolf. Her head cocked to the side curiously. No one had ever been afraid of her before (at least not in her normal state) and so she found it incredibly interesting that Sinatra was. "Can't say I see a family resemblance, but I'll take your word for it," she said with a soft chuckle. There was obviously something other than wolf in the Colonel's cousin's blood. Not that it mattered to her, it was just funny to think of the two startlingly different males as related. Sinatra then moved out into site and bowed to her. The Commander nodded her head at him, acknowledging his show of respect. "It is good to meet you too Sinatra. Though I must warn you, I do not like having such weapons in the pack. You can keep it but you must keep it hidden and it will never be loaded. I will not have anyone's safety risked." As far as she was concerned if he was family of Jazper then he was welcome to join the pack as long as he followed that mandate. "If you agree to that then you are welcome to stay. You'll start out as a Basic Officer." She managed a kind smile at the unique male. "Perhaps Jazz can find you something to eat, it sounds like you need it."

[/html]
[html]

His anxiety grew as the situation progressed. He looked at Savina with a sheepish grin hoping she wouldn't freak out at his strange cousin, that would be so embarrassing! He could feel the tension and almost taste it's bitterness on his tongue as he looked to his alpha. The hairs on his back slowly fell back into place at the sound of Savina's joke. Looking over his shoulder he gave a sigh, noting the little figure behind him. He was about to move to the side when, finally, Sinatra gained the courage to slide out from behind the large warrior. Feeling the need to sit down he lowered his body to the ground and crossed his legs. Even sitting he was about half the size of the poor excuse for a hybrid he called cousin . Silently he chuckled as he watched Savina take in the sight.

Jazper couldn't see his cousin being much of a danger to anyone, hell Gotham could probably take him down already! Sinatra was always the..well there wasn't really a word for what he was but whatever it was it would be the opposite that of Jazper. After all, Jaz had grown up knowing he would be a fighter, a protector. This being the case, he had quickly become slightly arrogant of himself and a little more mouthy thinking himself to be 'cool'. Sitting silently he watched the situation unravel in front of him and concluded that he was pleased with the outcome, Sinatra would stay. On Savina's mention of food he quickly jumped to his feet and headed into the forest with a quick “I'm on it.” The middle of fall wasn't always the best time for prey but he would make due with whatever he could find, a small meal was all his cousin would need to fill his little stomach anyway.

[/html]