your paper heart stopped beating
[html]

All welcome. :]

This skeleton city wore a mask, just like the scores of worthless people who picked through it like vultures every damn day. It was the exact same as any other city he passed through in recent months. The place was filled with rotten debris and tons of useless junk. There was no sense of order here. Just chaos. And that’s how he liked it. The buildings were all still standing, and from afar the place looked almost calm, normal. But Dante could see past its façade, could hear the chaos screaming through the silence to betray its pristine image. If one bothered to look close enough, it was easy to see the cracking foundations, the peeling paint, and the weathered stone. Anyone who bothered could see the crap lying around in the street and tossed about carelessly within each building, left in this state by the thousands of faceless scavengers, human and Luperci alike. It was like some twisted work of art left for him to admire. And if Dante could admire anything, it was twistedness and chaos.

The hybrid boy sat along the edge of the balcony of the second-story apartment he chose to stay in. He admired the way the dim sunlight, muffled by a blanket of clouds, stretched out and illuminated the streets and buildings before him. The rising sun broke free of its cloudy confines for a moment and the bright light spread quickly, sharply defining all of the features of the decaying city. Dante slouched forward, resting his elbows on his knees as he fiddled with a few small rocks in his hands. Amethyst eyes sought out a target amidst the debris of the Halifax streets. An old and useless car was sat at the end of the street, and after a moment’s deliberation, Andante had a target. He tossed a few rocks experimentally in its direction, testing how hard he would have to toss. The first few were off, falling disappointingly to the cracked roadside. A deep ‘ding’ eventually sounded, letting the street know that he had found his mark and a crooked grin lit up his features.
[/html]
[html]

WC: 300+
Omg! Andante is the person I’m looking for! Finn needs someone to give her an inferiority complex about the fact that she is a regular wolf, and Andante seems to be just perfect for that! She isn’t looking for an actual fight, and will calm down pretty quickly, but I give you complete and total permission to bombard her with verbal abuse. She’ll take it, and then get nagging doubts later.

Finn drifted through the ruins, blending in with the chaotic, tumbled rock and rusted metal. She was starting to grow used to this place, this remnant of a previous age, though it still gave her the creeps. She could not keep her hackles down, and even as she strode along confidently, her teeth were set in an uncharacteristic grimace. Every sound made her shift a little, disguising her alarm by changing her stride or direction. Meandering with no particular purpose, it was near dawn before she found a particular spot to rest, curling up on the seat of a wheel-less and long defunct car.

Today, of course, Finn would not be allowed to nap in peace, despite her moody thoughts and disgruntled attitude towards the city. As the sun rose and the she-wolf slowly allowed herself to succumb to sleep, there came the faint whistling of a projectile and then a deep reverberation that startled Finn so badly that she jumped through the window of the car and was ready to fight off ten attackers whilst still half awake. There wasn’t that many, of course, only one, but that didn’t dissuade Finn from turning an irate eye on the offender.

”Ye bin howker!” She cried, lapsing into the thick dialect her father had used, ”Some uv us are tryin’ ta get some sleep, ye ken? So why are ye makin all sorts of noise?” She leaped onto the hood of the car, staring up at the wolf in the balcony. With her single ear laid flat against her head, and her eyes blazing, and her mangled lip showing off every tooth in her head, Finn made quite the fearsome sight. The wolf was a Luperci, and looked quite strong, but Finn was never one to back down due to size alone. She snorted and sat, narrowing her eyes. The ruins were filling with light, and she didn’t want to lose sight of the troublemaker. She really hoped he wouldn’t scarper.

*Bin howker: insult

*Ken: understand, know

[/html]
[html]

Glad Dante can be of service. :3 Should be fun. And I was totally thinking of asking you for thread too, so yay! Oh, and sorry for the delayed reply here. D:

It looked like Andante had won a little prize for hitting his target. A form sailed out of the car’s window, dazedly preparing for a fight. The hybrid boy laughed a short, barking laugh at the scene, watching in amusement as the startled wolf finally noticed him. She threw some angry words at him, and for a moment he wondered if she was speaking another language. But the English emerged, buried within a thick accent he couldn’t even begin to guess the origin of. His brow furrowed in a mix of confusion and agitation as the she-wolf finished her griping and leapt up onto the car she had previously been sleeping in. It was only then that he noticed her garish appearance—covered in scars with bits and pieces of her missing. What the hell had happened to her? She definitely seemed to have a taste for trouble, to say the least. If she hadn’t been prancing around on all fours like some primitive thing, he might have even been a little intimidated. Instead, it only made her seem rather pathetic.

Dante’s amethyst gaze glared right back at her, showing no fear of her appearance or threatening posture. What the hell could little girly over there do to him? “I do what I want, little wolf. Ya got a problem wit it, come up ‘ere and say it ta my face.” The wolfdog stood up then, leaning against the dark metal railing of his balcony. He looked down at that simple-bodied mongrel with a disgusted snarl on his maw. Of course she would be beaten into such a state walking around in that form. That girl needed to get with the times, learn to live it up like the real wolves were doing. Otherwise she’d just keep getting kicked around like some unwanted pet. Without any sort of warning, the boy threw one of the larger rocks he had at her. Maybe she’d dance for him. Jump through another car window, even.
[/html]
[html]

No worries! Smile

”I might just do that!” Finn called back, her accent receding as she calmed down a little. It didn’t mean she was any less angry, it just meant she was a little less foolhardy. Finn had gotten her scars by being foolhardy, but she had survived those scars by being smart. She glared at the wolf on the balcony, before flicking her eyes towards the decrepit stairs. She would be put on the defensive if she went up there; Finn wasn’t meant for fighting in small spaces if she went up there, and this intruder was. Another rock sailed through the air at her, tumbling like a miniature comet.

Finn stared the wolf down as it flew at her, stepping smartly aside at the last moment. The rock made a huge dent in the car, but the wolf was unscathed, and she threw an impudent, macabre grin up at the youth. ”Then again, I can see your big, ugly face from here, and that’s as close as I’ll ever want to be.” She felt the anger slip away a little more, leaving her simply in contempt and derision of the troublemaker. Finn had met others like him, greenhorns with something to prove. He barely had any scars on him at all.

She sat, yawning widely. This was the customary way to weed out the newbies. Whilst Finn’s temper had all but waned by this point, as the surprise ebbed away, her new “friend” still looked quite angry. She caught his disgusted look and arched an eyebrow. ”So, what’s your problem, then? Lookin’ all abhorrent like that. Is it me? Am I frightening you” She said, mock pity coloring her voice. She had forgotten how much fun it was to taunt these types! No doubt, Finn could run faster than him, and probably maneuver better through the ruins of Halifax as well, so she felt no real danger.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait again, and this funky post. D:

The hybrid boy watched her with a scathing eye as she passed the challenge right back at him, and he grinned at the thought of a possible confrontation. He had barely arrived in the city and already he was starting to have a bit of fun. Maybe the coming winter wouldn’t be so dull after all. The beat up girl had to go and ruin his fun, though, easily side-stepping the rock he had tossed at her. He frowned in disappointment, and then he saw the twisted little grin she threw back at him. The insult she launched at him made him growl in irritation, and for a moment he was very tempted to simply jump down from the balcony and take off after her. But he tried to keep himself calm, telling himself that it would be pathetic of him to go down there after her, putting her in the comfortable position. He couldn’t let himself fall into any plan the simple-formed mongrel may have had. He was the Luperci here, and he would always have the upper hand. “Right, outta the two a us, I’m da ugly one.” Past the sarcasm, the strained anger in his voice was crystal clear. There was nothing he could do to hide it.

He laughed mockingly at her disdainful comment, finding it hilarious that a beast as simple as her could possibly think he’d be scared of her. “Me? Scared of a li’l four-legged mongrel like yaself? Not a chance ‘n hell.” Really, he couldn’t understand why these pathetic little mutts always seemed to be so damn self-assured and cocky. They had no reason to think so high and mighty of themselves. The top predator in these parts was moving on up and they would only get left in the dust. She might as well have asked if he was afraid of a newborn fawn, for all it was worth.
[/html]
[html]

Perfectly fine, perfectly fine! Big Grin

Finn chuckled a little louder, doing nothing to hide her big, smug grin. Just as she had predicted, the wolf was a little ticking time bomb. She just had to tread the line now, to keep him in that perfect little spot where he was too angry dismiss her, and too calm to chase after her and ruin the fun. She’d keep this up a little longer, and then she’d have enough entertainment for the day. Perhaps shed catch herself a rat afterwards; dinner and a show. His insult sailed so far over Finn’s head that she couldn’t even feel it. She knew she was ugly, it was a fact of life. No one could collect as many scars as she had and remain good-looking. It was an impossibility. The way she saw it, she really had nothing to lose by gaining a couple scars, while a young buck like this would have plenty.

”Why wouldn’t you be scared?” Finn asked, frowning a little. A bit of a stupid question really, even from here, she could tell that the mongrel would tower over her should she deign to compare their heights. But he was young, and she was experienced. Shouldn’t he have been at least a little wary of her? ”I’m faster than you, you know. Probably better at fighting, too.” Finn shrugged her shoulders a little, feeling the sun’s warmth on the back of her coat. Unpleasant thoughts were worming in through the cracks, wrapping round her brain so slowly that she couldn’t even tell they were there.

She could hear whispers at the edge of her hearing, and flicked her ear as if at an annoying fly. Voices weren’t much to get worried over. Now, if she saw the phantom of her father stalking down the street it was definitely time to panic. The voices were steadily getting closer, but Finn still couldn’t tell what they were saying. She shifted again, schooling her face into a mask of blasé indifference. ”What’s your name, pup? I’d like to know who you are so if I ever need another chuckle I can look you up.”

[/html]
[html]

Snail-pace fail on my part. D:

“Just look et ya, prancin’ around like that. Yer just stuck there on the ground with four legs, when two could take ya ta so many places.” He frowned now, but that disdainful sneer still clung to the corners of his lips. “Why the hell wouldn’ ya want the benefit a these hands?” Dante leaned against the railing, waving his clawed hands mockingly. He really couldn’t understand how she could possibly act so confident when she was only a small, insignificant little rodent. She commented again, boasting some of her meager skills. Andante could only laugh. “The only good that speed’ll do for ya is running away. Like a coward.” He grinned, finding a twisted sort of amusement in this conversation. “Ya tellin’ me yer a coward?” he questioned, taunting. The mongrel had obviously been in numerous fights, anyone who took one look at that scarred up face of hers could see that. That didn't necessarily mean she had one them. Didn't even mean her opponents were any less pathetic than she was.

His ear flicked in annoyance when she called him a pup, but he did little more than glare down at her beat-up form in retaliation. She thought this was funny, did she? Did little worms like her enjoy being mocked, shown their flaws? Her unrelenting confidence ticked him off, but he had to admit he was having fun talking down to the little she-wolf. At least she had the spunk to throw those words right back at him. Things would be boring otherwise. Andante shifted from one foot to the other and leaned his head onto one of his hands, looking terribly unexcited. “Dante,” he said simply. She could look him up any time she wanted rocks tossed at her again.
[/html]