2. Character Birthdate (including year): November 23 2008
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
4. Species: 100% Coyote
5. Gender: Female
6. A secondary form of contact: dead.generator@hotmail.com
7. How you found 'Souls: An advertisement
8. Initial post:

[html]
The drum of rain upon the ground was a sound that Norchester had become increasingly familiar with over the past few days. She was soaked to the bone and her chattering teeth hummed a frantic melody of their own. Still, the gloomy weather's attempts at bringing Norchester down were futile, for the generally optimistic young lady remained bright. She wore no clothing, despite standing tall in her Luperci form, and carried nothing but a drawstring bag containing her creative materials and a couple books she felt she simply could not do without. Norchie came from a place where carrying such possessions were custom, though she was still unaware whether they would appear unnatural here.

So far, her opinions about the place were non-existent. The lands in which she was heading toward were somewhat plain and as she grew closer, noticed that the previously unrecognizable white flecks that had dotted the borderline were actually the skulls of wolves. Having nothing to do with the current weather, Norchie's fur raised along her spine and she hesitated for a brief moment, unsure whether to continue. Not a malicious creature by nature, Norchester found herself wondering if this was the sort of place where she could belong. Still, she was not one to judge and figured it would do no harm to have a brief chat with a current member, if nothing else. So, situated at the border among the water and mud, Norchester waited.

[/html]
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_disorder.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Hallo! Big Grin

Rain, rain, and more rain. The silvery hybrid was sick of rain; she had her fill during the summer and it was highly irritating to have continuing storms into the fall. She had been looking forward to a crisp, dry autumn and a cold and snowy winter, and here they were in October and still, there was rain. September had been blissfully dry, for the most part, but now the Halloween month had returned with a stormy vengeance. Sighing heavily, the coyote meandered along the borders, having doubled her rounds as of recently. There had been a few new faces on the borders as of late, and Kaena was quite pleased with the additions to the clan.

Among them was her son, Razekiel, the lost prodigal child who had returned a changed man. The silvery woman was uncertain as to just how much he'd changed. It seemed a different creature entirely had meandered to Inferni's borders, and though Kaena still loved him with all of her tiny dark heart, it was somewhat strange to see him so vastly changed, and she could not help those dark thoughts. Still, his presence was absolutely welcome amongst the clan, and Kaena was always glad to add to their ranks.

The hybrid woman could smell almost nothing through the rain, so she kept rather close to the borders, relying on her sight to discern her surroundings. The silvery canine was quite sure of where she was, it was simply difficult to discern any other lingering souls about the border. She was quite at home here, and she had grown to know the new territories quite well, though she avoided the desolate northlands for the most part, Kae preferred to keep to the more populated parts of the territory, naturally, since she was required to show her face rather often and make herself available should the clan demand her service.

Some distance in front of her, the silvery hybrid could see a murky figure, half-obscured by the falling rain. She made her way forward, her own Optime feet splashing through puddles. For a moment her single golden eye flicked to the ground, and she hoped once more that the rain would soon subside, lest they find themselves with the need to construct an ark. This thought was brushed aside as she halted a few feet from the newcomer, a strange sort of smile on her face. "Nice weather, hm?" the Centurion inquired, her soaked head cocked to the side, her good ear curved forward to listen for a response.

[/html]
[html]
Hey there. :]

Norchester's wait was short-lived, for soon a silvery figure came into sight. Through the downpour, the slow-moving figure was almost frightening and as she grew closer Norchie had to squint to be sure that it wasn't a mere ghost in the rain that was approaching. The older woman was battle-worn, clearly, with scars and a missing eye to prove it, all serving as intimidation factors to the much younger coyote. Though slightly put off by the frightening appearance and eerie smile, the woman's greeting was friendly enough and Norchester found no reason yet to be discouraged.

"I wouldn't say so," she disagreed, though smiled nonetheless, unsure whether to take the woman's words for sarcasm or as genuine. Norchester knew that some enjoyed the rain, though she was more a fan of sunny days that matched her bright personality. Despite her will for it to go away, the rain continued to pound down on the earth, angry tears from whoever might be watching from above. Norchie had to raise her voice to be heard over the downpour, and found herself nearly shouting in order to convey her next message. "My name is Norchester, I've come in search for a potential home," she stated, getting right to the point. Typically, she'd find herself more open to conversation and taking her time, but she was eager to get out of the harsh weather and figured the woman had been through such procedures many times and would like to get it out of the way quickly.

[/html]
[html]
       The silver coyote's solo eye roved over the younger canine, taking in her features. She was around a year of age, just about the average for any wandering canine. It was almost appropriate that they would eventually leave their parents. Kaena assumed if she had not lost her entire ancestral family to a series of murders committed by one member unto the next until all but the lone Kaena perished, she would have been much the same. She'd struck out on her own a little earlier, but it not taken her too long to discover Bleeding Souls, and found the Inferni clan itself with long-dead Zarah.

Kaena's sarcasm was somewhat difficult to detect; rarely did she use the proper tone, instead keeping her voice in its usual rasp. She grinned, and rolled her silvery shoulders in a shrug. "Not much anybody can do about it," she said, lifting that single sun-yellow eye to the cloudy sky. She could appreciate the rain, but lately she was sick of it. Kaena had been looking forward to a dry fall.

The newcomer introduced herself, and cut quickly to the chase. Kae appreciated that, as she was just as eager to retreat from the rain as any of them. Halfway through her trip she'd regretted coming out at all, thinking no one would be waiting on the borders in a wrathful storm like this, but she had been wrong, and she was glad she'd ignored the lazier instinct which told her to curl back up in her dry, warm cave.

"I'm Kaena Lykoi, and this is Inferni," she said, waving a paw in the air to indicate the territory behind her. There was a certain nonchalance in the hybrid woman as she spoke, finding it distasteful to play any sort of stony-faced role on the borders most of the time. The clan was looking to add to the ranks, not drive away potential joiners by way of showing its worst side first. The skulls adorning the borders were message and warning enough, and Kaena hoped that they spoke of protection and safety in the clan. For sure, the Inferni coyotes looked after their own.

"What can you do?" she asked, interest showing on her features. It was unnecessary to introduce the clan any more than that, and she was glad. Some coyotes came to their land with nary a clue as to what a clan was, and it had to be explained with the distasteful parallel of being like a wolf pack for coyotes. Others—like this Norchester, it seemed—had experience with coyote social living. That was certainly a plus in Kaena's book.

Thanks to Akumu for the table!
[/html]
[html]
Norchester had not left her family in a fit of anger, nor lost them to a pack of angry wolves, nor made a child's ignorant decision to be independent. Her departure from her former clan had been one that had endured a month's planning and many tearful goodbyes. She had left for one reason and one reason only; she wanted her own identity. Norchie wasn't a person who searched for an easy out. In her previous clan, she'd been born with a silver spoon in her mouth and a life of free handouts simply wasn't the sort she wanted to live. It was never easy to leave one's family behind, but Norchester had made the decision for herself and she still stuck by it as the right choice to have made.

At the older coyote's next words, Norchie found herself at a loss for a proper response and simply nodded, following the woman's one-eyed gaze up into the sky, flinching slightly as a rain drop landed squarely into her eye. Blinking the rain away, the young woman took a step closer to her companion as she introduced herself as Kaena Lykoi and the clan as Inferni. Norchester was careful to mentally repeat the words a few times before tucking them away for future reference and with her eyes meeting the one golden eye and opposite empty socket of Kaena, she smiled her acknowledgment.

Unlike many, who might ponder what the correct answer might be to such a simple question as the one Kaena had just presented her with, Norchie wasted no time in replying. It was very clear to her where her skills were and where her weaknesses fell and she felt it best to be very upfront as far as to what it was she could offer. "I'm a fairly artsy person," she began. "I read, write, draw, and sing, all things I was taught in my previous clan. I'm afraid I'm not a very powerful woman, however. I can hunt for myself, but I'm not the best, and I was never taught in weaponry or combat. I suppose the best I can offer is knowledge and entertainment, but I'm always willing to learn," she assured Kaena, offering a bashful smile. "I'm honest and obedient as well, I'll do what must be done to prove myself." Perhaps she had offered a bit of a lengthy speech, though that could be chalked up to nerves. It was always an awkward situation to try and sell yourself to a stranger, but Norchie hoped she'd done enough.

[/html]
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_fall.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:240px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
--

The coyote woman was not entirely unfamiliar with being on the other side of this monotonous process, though each time she had returned to Inferni had been wildly different. Kidorah needed only learn of the hybrid woman's prior history with the clan; that was enough. Roane had instead bequeathed Inferni to her, a rather generous gift that the Centurion had squandered. The youth was quieter than most, offering only the information Kaena had requested of her. The hybrid's sable ears curved forward, the tattered ear and the whole one pricked to catch Norchester's voice and her words.

Kaena nodded when she was finished, considering the woman's words for several moments. Obvious thought showed on her scarred features, though there was the ghost of a pleasant smile on her face, indicating the thoughts were positive. The coyote clan had just added Bramble and Snake to their ranks, along with Razekiel—Bram and Snake seemed eager enough to throw their strength into the clan, meanwhile Razekiel did not seem as though he had retained any of the whispers of war. Still, he was the prince of deceit, and it might still lurk in his heart.

The hybrid woman spoke, then, her words as pleasant as possible. "Our is clan in need of the skills you list, and your attitude is pleasing," the hybrid woman said, speaking the truth and complimenting the woman's clan ethic, which seemed to be to make herself useful where necessary. The coyotes were dark-hearted, for certain, but even they required balance; too much evil and they would find themselves on the outs, perhaps facing three or more angry groups of wolves. This part of Kaena's assessment had proven satisfactory, and she nodded.

There was but one more lurking question in the hybrid's head, one she wished to sate for her own curiosity more than anything else. "Where are you from?" the coyote woman asked, curious to know what other groups of coyotes existed, and what they were like. The subject was of particular interest to her, since she had lived in one other coyote clan prior to Inferni herself, and both the Darklands clan and her present residence were of the darker archetype.

[/html]
[html]
Norchester couldn't really say she was nervous. The simple question Kaena had presented her with had been more than expected and she'd answered honestly. The rest was in the older woman's hands now and Norchie could only wait patiently for her to mull over the answers she had given. The wait was not a terribly long one, but Norchester could see that Kaena was contemplating what she'd said by the look on her face. Among the clear thought that was played out on her marred features, Norchester thought she could see a pleasant look on the woman's face, though it was hard to be sure, especially with her sight slightly impaired by the rain that continue to pour down, making it hard to focus on anything completely.

After another moment's thought, Kaena responded positively. Norchester was relieved by the woman's approval and could not contain the grin that quickly played out on her face thereafter and bowed her head in thanks. She fondly remembered watching from behind her mother's legs as she interviewed others in a similar way to how Norchie was now being interviewed. It was a big circle that came around, she supposed. You had to be on one side of the process at one point or another, typically. It was a cycle much like the rain, which fell from the sky, fed into the ground to form large puddles that would soon be gone, back up to where they came from. Norchester had to stop and wonder how many others these raindrops had touched before and what their circumstances had been, however her thoughts were broken by Kaena's voice once more.

"I come from southeast of this place," she stated, contemplating how to best describe her former location. "If you are familiar with the human's geography, it is a place called Maine, which was part of the United States of America," she explained, trying not to boast her knowledge while still remaining informative. "My clan was run by my uncle, my parents were also highly ranked," she continued, forgetting her intention to remain short and to the point as she fell into memories of the place she had left behind. "We were a completely coyote clan, mostly of family members, though a few drifters made their way into our ranks. We were a civilized bunch, they taught all the young the skills I now specialize in, and many others. I was happy there," she said softly, more to herself than Kaena, before looking up at the wolf and speaking more clearly, "But I wanted to form my own identity. So I came here," she finished, slightly embarrassed by how quickly the words had flowed from her mouth.

[/html]
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_disorder.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
When you've gotten settled, please feel free to participate in the game and add yourself to the residence list! Big Grin You can reply once more if you'd like, and I'll close this up. We can just OOC say Kaena showed her around a bit, and we'll thread later, if you'd like? Big Grin

Kaena had already made her decision; there was not a thing wrong with this one, and she was in a sight better shape than several of the newcomers they'd acquired lately. It hardly mattered to Kaena if she was a vicious soul; the coyote clan was certainly in need of balance, and she did not want to tip the scales too far in either direction. The silvery hybrid listened with interest as the youth spoke, clear surprise showing on her features at once. Maine? It was not so strange that another would come from there, but this was also Kaena's birthplace, though she was hardly certain who her own coyote relatives were, and her wolf relatives certainly were not family to this pureblood canis latrans. Besides, it had been ten long years and it was a highly unlikely coincidence anyway, since the coyotes who had raised Kaena's mother were a vicious bunch.

She smiled, then, her yellow eye taking in the youth's features more carefully. If anything, they were extremely distant relatives, and it would be impossible to trace anyway. Still, the dim possibility lurked in Kaena's mind. The names she had once known of the Cruorem clan—Vasilik and Sabryne, her maternal grandparents—were likely as dead and buried as the creatures who had worn them. "Of course. I came from there a long, long time ago," she said, that strange sort of smile not fading from her face. Family was of the utmost importance to the silvery hybrid, and she could not scrub the thought from her head, however infinitesimal the odds were.

Kaena had been raised within earshot of the Atlantic, though she had never laid eyes on the ocean until she came here. The Maine coast, her birthplace, was an utter mystery to her. "Sounds like you had a good life, but I can surely understand the need to see the rest of the world. You'll make a fine addition to Inferni, Norchester," the hybrid said with a brighter grin on her face now. "You will be a Tirones for now. That is our standard subordinate rank. Our leader is Gabriel, and I am the subleader," she said, clipping the proper Latin from the speech. Tirones, Aquila, and Centurion were a lot of long, large words for a brand-new coyote, and Kaena wished to keep things as simple as possible. There would be plenty of time for Norchester to learn their ranking system later.

The silvery hybrid stood, looking to the newest addition to the coyote ranks with the ghost of that smile still plastered on her scarred face. She was quite pleased now, having forgotten all about the poor weather and the dreary day. It was always a good thing to add more coyotes to the clan, and the hybrid woman was pleased to fulfill her duty in personally gathering as many as she could. "I'll show you around if you'd like? Most of us live in the caves, but if you are more used to the civilized life, you might like the D'Neville Mansion better," the hybrid said, her sun-yellow eye looking to Norchester for her response. The hybrid held no particular prejudice against civilization, though she was well-aware there were more feral types, and she herself once liked to keep to her lupus form, scorning the werewolf's two limbs for the more natural four.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[html]
Awesome, thanks so much. :] I'll just wrap this up very quickly then.

Norchester was surprised to hear that Kaena herself came from Maine. The chances were so very low to have found someone of coyote blood from the same region, and to come upon her so far from where they'd both began was remarkable. She smiled at this, immediately feeling as if it were a sign from above that this clan was where she was meant to be. A little piece of home, even if they'd not ever known each other previously.

Norchester took in what Kaena said and proceeded to follow her in a tour of the clan's lands. Meanwhile, she pondered where she'd like to take up her residence, and decided upon the mansion Kaena spoke of. She felt it'd be more comfortable for her, based on how she'd always lived in the past, and though she might be more distant from the majority of her clan members, she was excited at the prospect of maintaining pieces of her old life while adjusting to her newer one. "I can't thank you enough, Kaena," she said with a grin, feeling all the more secure in her decision to become a part of the clan.

[/html]