the man in the trench coat
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... athe-2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

FINALLY! School cuts into my roleplay time way too much Tongue Set in Halifax

The rain had let up for the time being. Cwmfen and the twins were off somewhere else and so Onus was taking to opportunity to make a trek back to Halifax. He had spent so much time there when he had first arrived in these lands it was strange to be so absent them now. No, the place didn't feel like home for he had never had the sensation of home, but it had become familiar. A place he knew well and familiarity bred a sort of comfort. In a sense he felt freer out here as well. While he did not dislike having a family now, he did worry more when around them. He wanted to set a good example for his children and did not want to expose them to the horrors of life prematurely. Of course if they were endangered or some scum was near them he would fight without hesitation, but he wanted to avoid showing them such a thing before they were older. His life had started with violence and he wanted to spare them that. Of course with two warriors as parents them being exposed to it was inevitable, but the longer it could be delayed the better.

Though despite this being a short respite from his small family part of this trek was for them as well. Honor and Chastity had shown a great interest in childrens stories and Onus did not know enough to keep the twins occupied. He had managed to find a couple books but the stories in them had already been eaten up by the two children and so he was in need of more. Reading to them was one of the very few "fatherly" activities he felt competent at, and the fact that they enjoyed it so much made it all the more rewarding. He remembered from his adolescent days finding a book with a bunch of short tales written by a man named Aesop. All the stories had had a certain moral to them and he hoped to maybe find that book today. It would do the double duty of entertaining and teaching the hybrid pups.

The collar of his trench coat was pulled about his neck to keep off the chill wind as he walked through the crumbled city streets. Puddles were everywhere, some of them almost resembling small lakes. It seemed that these lands were prone to flooding and he hoped that the den beneath the oak tree would never get washed out. Hands were neatly tucked into their respective pockets as that veiled gaze searched the building fronts for what he searched for. Halifax was a large city and most surely house a childrens store or bookstore of some sort or another. After roughly a half hour of searching he found what he was looking for. A cracked and faded pastel sign hung over the doorway and the coyote entered the small shop. Stuffed toys that had seen better days littered the floor along with small chairs. Onus walked to the nearest bookshelf and began looking at the aged tomes.

[/html]
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_fall.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:240px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
    The silvery hybrid had not been to the city in some time, and she was rather eager to explore it once more. There was always something different and new in the human ruins, some unexplored alley or long-dead shop, some antiquity with which to exercise her mind. Kaena was not a greatly civil canine; most of her knowledge of the human world had come in her later years, and she could clearly remember the days when feral canines were the clear majority. Now it seemed there were qualities of humanity everywhere she looked, though Kaena Lykoi hardly minded it. It could only serve to extend her lifetime. Technology was a good thing, even if it was recovered from the ruins of another civilization.

The canines of the world would have to learn as much as they could about the human culture, including what had brought them down. They had been the dominant species on earth, knocked to nothing by a virulent plague of their own creation. The canids must not repeat their mistakes, and they would have to take care to keep history from moving in a circular fashion. Take too much humanity, and the canis genus would soon find themselves extinct, bequeathing the world to some even lesser creature. The hybrid woman meandered the streets, her Secui nails clicking along the cracked asphalt. She had shifted to make the quicker journey, though she remained in her halfling form, knowing she would need to return to her two-legged form to manipulate the objects she found among the city's ruins.

After some minutes of wandering, a familiar scent entered her nose—spicy, sharp, and minty. Onus. The scent he used to disguise himself masked his natural odor, but upon smelling it once Kaena found she could recognize that same smell and assume it was the same canine that had worn it last time. The hybrid woman had been rather intrigued by their last meeting, and she was eager to see him again—he was a strange, quite, fascinating fellow, and Kaena felt that he had something to teach her, though she had no idea what. She was years older than him, but there was some strange maturity about the cloaked coyote, as if he possessed a far older soul than the scarred woman. There was a shop ahead where the scent was quite strong, and when the hybrid woman got to the door she hesitated, thinking she might knock first.

The thought was silly and it jarred her to stifle what can only be described as a giddy giggle bubbling up from her throat. She shifted to her two-legged form, one silver paw extending to the door as the fingers elongated from it, gripping the creaking metal thing with her hand once it had formed. There was such a riot of noise from the door as the hybrid entered knocking was unnecessary, though to be polite the coyote woman called to him. "Onus?" she said into the dimly lit shop, her single eye peering around the ancient human ruins in wonder. She was a fan of books, though she could not handle difficult ones and she was an extremely slow reader herself.
[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... athe-2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Couldn't help but have him pick up the book he does XD

The man's dark claws traced over the bindings of the small books. He wasn't used to books that were so thin, many that he read himself were quite thick and weighty. But of course books for children would be much shorter. Their attention spans were not as long as adults and their brains could not puzzle out anything too large or complicated. He found himself wondering if the children would want to learn to read. Cwmfen didn't read, though she didn't appear to have any adversity to the skill. Onus had taught himself on those lonely nights in the broken city when he had been little more than a child himself. That had been before he had seen the statue of the Lady Justice. Before his life had taken its course. Those days seemed like a whole other life, a whole other person. Even looking back a year or two he was so different now. It was really quite amazing, how much love could transform someone. These transformations were mostly internal for the coyote, but in his mind they were resounding.

Masked eyes read the titles that lined the shelves. The Giving Tree, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Green Eggs and Ham, Where the Wild Things Are, The Velveteen Rabbit, and so on. It was really quite amazing how many books there were just for children. If they had started education so early it was no wonder that humans had become the dominate species. That same knowledge had lead to their destruction though. The coyote admired things about their predecessors but he also took them as a severe cautionary tale. The problems that had corrupted the human race were leaking into their own society. Yes, perhaps they had always been there, but things were different now. They weren't just dumb animals anymore. That was part of his mission, to make sure that they didn't repeat the mistakes of the past.

Deftly his fingers removed one of the slight books from the shelf, the one titled Where the Wild Things Are. He studied the image on the cover. A human boy in some strange outfit was stomping around with all manner of strange and fantastical beasts. They were nothing Onus had ever seen in nature or anywhere else for that matter. The humans and their imagination. That was one of the things that he could not grasp about them. The world of the vigilante was too cut and dry for him to be able to open his mind up to such fantastical thoughts and ideas. Suddenly the silence of the small shop was shattered and Onus swung around, his muscles tensing and ready to defend himself. His face didn't change, it never did, not even in situations like this, it was only in his stance that you could see his surprise.

His own name reached his overlarge ears and he relaxed, recognizing the owner of that voice as her image met his hidden eyes. "Kaena." The children's book was still grasped in his hand and he looked down to it and then back to the Lykoi woman. He shifted his weight from one foot to another, only the slightest hint that he felt a little awkward. The man hadn't expected anyone to find him here and no doubt she would be quite curious as to why someone like him was in a store for children.

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_razor.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
You listed like, ALL of my favorite childhood stories. <33333333 CANNOT WAIT FOR MOVIE LOL.

Perhaps it was canine instinct that would save them from the same fate as the humans, perhaps not. Most of them seemed to have retained their feral nature and with it their respect for Nature herself, the godess found outside in the open world. Kaena had never been religious, but if she believed anything it was that the world and nature were godliness, and their lives were loosely directed by fate, given a final and definite purpose but room to grow and explore in the interim. The hybrid was hardly a philosopher, though, and she did not discuss these secretly-held beliefs with others, and often professed to disbelieve fate. Neither of her parents had been particularly keen on giving her a religious education, especially not her mother. Most of what Andre had taught her had been presented clearly as mythology, old things other people used to believe, but never as true religion.

She had startled him, and her sable ears fell back in a moment, wordless apology for having done so. Beyond that, neither acknowledged the startling, and he greeted her with a name, seeming rather awkward for a moment. Kae was not a particularly perceptive canine, and it took her a moment of peering around the room to realize where she was. It was some kind of kid's store, with brightly colored (albeit dusty and time-worn) items scattered about. Why was he here, then? The hybrid woman was certainly no sleuth, but the mystery presented to her was not particularly difficult to crack.

After a moment of considering, the hybrid recalled their prior conversation and tilted her head to the side, considering and giving him a wry smile. "Scampering feet in the future?" the coyote said, assuming he was "shopping" for children on their way rather than already in the world, and naturally taking for granted that they were his children—forgetting the minor detail (to her, anyway) that he had specifically asked about children not his own. The hybrid beamed at him, already approving of his decision to procreate—what else could a mother do?

[/html]
[html]

Eeeeee! DID YOU SEE IT YET? Is so good Big Grin

It would be easy for anyone to put two and two together in this situation, not matter how unlikely it was that he was a father. He really had no friends and even if he did he wasn't the type to be shopping for gifts for their offspring. Hell, he hadn't even been in a store like this when he had been a child. So far, the only one that knew him and knew that the children Cwmfen had carried had belonged to him was Anu. Well, he supposed that Haku Soul knew as well, quite unfortunately, but that only brought the number up to two. Onus was wary of letting anyone know so much about him and now that cautiousness took on a new sort of protection and that was meant for the twins. Creeps like the Dahlian brute would try and hurt them because of who their father was. The less people that knew that he had children, the safer they would be. There was no avoiding the fact now though, and he supposed that he was glad if anyone was going to find him here it was the Inferni matron. She was a mother, she would understand the delicacy of the situation.

He saw the smile that was given to him and he looked to the floor, grunting out a "hmmf". This was actually the first time he would be admitting to his new and unexpected role of father to someone. Anu had found out the truth through Cwmfen, not through him. "Not in the future, but now." The man mustered the composure to look back up to the hybrid femme. "They live in Dahlia with their mother. I never expected to be a father." Even when his lover had been pregnant they had both assumed that the lives within her had belonged to her father, a product of the abuse he had brought down on her that one night. Though as soon as Chastity had come into the world there had been no further questions of the twins' parentage. That coat had been inherited from him, not Corvus. While he still didn't feel like much of a father, he was glad that it was him and not the deceased demon.

The coyote shifted the small book in his hands, eyes scanning over the cover once more. "They like it when I read to them. I don't know any stories though." Most at least had stories they remembered from their own childhood to draw upon, but even that experience had been denied him. For the first time in many years Onus felt inadequate and he was doing his best to not be so for the sake of the pups.

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/epidemic.gif); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:226px; padding-left:25px; padding-right:25px; padding-bottom:10px;">
Erf. Epic siefail. POSITIVELY EPIC. Big Grin I have to admit, I really don't like going to see movies in theaters. D: I hate sitting in a room full of strangers to watch movies, much rather do it in the privacy of home where I can scream at people if they talk through it. XDDD

Surprise crossed the scarred woman's features; she hadn't expected that. Onus was a difficult person to read, naturally—the coyote couldn't tell if he was happy or upset or anything about his children. It simply didn't show in him; that hardly surprised Kaena. Still, the fact that he had trekked to the city from wherever he was from, the fact that he was actively seeking objects with which to better their lives—that simple fact told Kaena all she needed to know. Effort was the key; the line between good parents and bad parents was fuzzy and murky in the best of light, and the hybrid knew she herself could be called bad, given certain situations. Arkham and Rachias certainly had reason enough to call her a poor mother. After all, Kae had walked away from them. Vitium might, too—but there was reason for Kae to throw him out of Inferni. Grinning, Kaena shrugged a shoulder. "At least you're here trying to learn some stories to spin for them," she suggested.

The coyote listened to his words, tilting her scarred head to the side, surmising that their birth hadn't been intentional—no matter. All but one litter of her own children were unplanned, and she had only endeavoured to have Astaroth's children at his request. Or Satan's request. Whichever—it didn't much matter what Astaroth was anymore, devil incarnate or not. He'd served his purpose and delivered Samael, Ahemait, and Razekiel to Kaena, and now he was dead and buried. That was all that mattered. "Congratulations," the hybrid said genuinely, her coal lips still twisted into that matronly smile. "Though I'm thinking maybe you should get them and Ma the hell out of dodge," she warned ominously, shaking her head. The mention of Dahlia de Mai had brought her suspicion, and she now feared for the half-coyote children of one Onus. "Don't mean to offend your woman's choice of home, but Dahlia's no safe space," Kae added, leveling her gaze at Onus. If he was unaware of the pack's subleader, she would damn well make sure he knew, and maybe knowledge alone would help keep the children safe.

[/html]
[html]

S'ok, I still lurves you <3 Hahaha, yeah, can't say I really blame you on that account XD

The man had never felt so under prepared and out of place as he did in his new life role. That didn't mean he regretted it though. He loved his children and while he was not the best at showing such affection outwardly, he did do his best with them. They saw him smile, which until Cwmfen had come into his life no one had. He would do anything he could for his children, and the way he knew to do that best was to protect them and keep them safe. When he played, he tried to instruct them in basic defense and coordination techniques; things that would benefit them and keep them strong. The older they became the more dangers they would face, especially from inside their own home. He knew he was not training little soldiers though, and so the other thing he did for them was to read. It made him feel good to hear from Kaena, a mother, that he was trying and that in and of itself was a good step. At least he wasn't a total loss. Onus nodded in thanks to the statement.

Yes, the conception of the twins had been quite unintentional. Cwmfen and himself had only lain together twice and he had never expected pups to come from it. She was in her prime, but Onus was quickly passing his' by. He was not elderly, but he was not youthful anymore either. The only reason he was still as in good of shape as he was because he worked on his body daily. He took care of himself so he could keep doing what he did until he finally lost a fight and was killed, for that is the way he had always expected to die. He had never been afraid of death, and still wasn't, but now he hoped that it would not come until his children were grown and capable of taking care of themselves. "Thank you," he genuinely.

At the change of subject to the dangers of the Dahlian pack though he sobered instantly. Onus knew well the risks that lurked there for his family, and yet he knew that they would not be going anywhere. "I wish I could convince her to leave, but I know she will not. She is third in command there and her loyalty is strong." Cwmfen's position raised their security, but not enough. "I have gained permission from their leader to come into their lands and I barely leave. I don't like leaving them. Any of them." His voice was becoming more gruff, the only indication of his hatred of the brown bastard. "I attacked Haku Soul once for crimes he had committed. I had the opportunity to kill him and now I severely regret not taking it." It all would have been so much easier if he had, but he had not been in his right mind at the time. "He wants my head and I know he will kill the pups if he ever gets the chance. Not even their mother is safe." He didn't know if Cwmfen suspected his treachery to go that deep, but the vigilante knew that it would in a heartbeat.

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_razor.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Rararar. I have jury duty at 8AM tomorrow and I DON'T WANNA GO. |: Fudge.

The hybrid had no doubt the coyote before her was going to make a good father; the effort was key, in her book. So long as parents could honestly claim, "I tried," it made all the difference in the world—no, she hadn't always done right by her children, but she had tried, for most of them, anyway. She had tried to give Kerberos and Maeryn the chance for life by leaving them by the pack borders, hoping their wolf's blood would keep them from being recognized for what they were—Inferni coyotes. Perhaps she was lucky she'd been spending so much time on Thunder Island; the clan's scent had faded from her coat, though certainly it was her smell that had betrayed the children to Salvaged.

Kaena did not know Cwmfen; indeed, she was unfamiliar with Dahlia on the whole, beyond the fact that Haku Soul and Lolita lived there. She did not know of the pack's leader, though she questioned why she would allow such a monster to reign as her second. She did not know the pack's third—though now she learned it was Onus's mate. Perhaps the thing that kept Haku where he was was blood—blood held Inferni together, it would work in other places just as well. "I don't like that, but if your woman is attached to her pack, I can understand that, though I do wonder why the Dahlian leader allows such a vile second," the hybrid said, sighing and squaring her shoulders.

"I thought I had killed him... but I guess not, huh?" the hybrid said, raising her brows in a question. He had fallen, she had choked the life from him—it was over. Yet here Onus was, speaking of Haku as if he was still alive. "Wish I did," she spat, thinking maybe Onus's problem would be solved that way—even if she didn't know who his woman was, even if she didn't know his children, she felt frightened for his family. They lived with the devil himself.

[/html]
[html]

Mind if we kind of wrap it up and fade out in the next couple posts?

Onus also did not understand how it was that the Soul male had come to hold the position he did. In fact it was hard for him to understand why any pack would house such a monster. Everyone else he had met from Dahlia had been pleasant and respectful, not warlike and bloodthirsty. Well, Cwmfen was somewhat warlike, but she didn't go out looking for trouble. She didn't wish to harm others for no other reason that she could. When he had met Cercelee she hadn't seemed in any way unstable or out of her mind. So the question of why Haku held the rank that he did was not something easily understood, if it could be understood at all. "I do not like it either." It put the coyote on edge to have his few loved ones so close to a madman. A rapist and a killer. Onus didn't know what he could do though aside from watch over them all as best he could and try to prevent any "accidents" from happening. "I do as well. It makes no sense to me. When I met her she did not seem like an unreasonable wolf. Sooner or later it will fall apart though." Opposing ideas and forces could stay dormant for a long time, but not forever.

The vigilante was surprised to hear that the Lykoi matron had believed to have killed the man. Not that he thought her incapable of such a feat, clearly she was, but he had not known of Haku being in any life-threatening encounters. He didn't keep tabs on the man, per se, but was surprised such news hadn't spread through Dahlia. "Unfortunately the beast still lives." How was it that the male kept escaping oblivion? There were more than a few in these lands who wanted to see him cold and dead. "I wish you had as well. The world would be a better place without him." Onus didn't care who finally finished Haku off as long as he was gone and could no longer pose a threat to the ones he held dear.

[/html]
[html]
No worries!

It was disheartening—to say the least—that Haku Soul was still alive. Kaena's sable-dipped ears drooped in response, showing obvious disappointment on her face when Onus confirmed beyond a doubt that Haku Soul still breathed. Kaena had begun to suspect it herself; she had smelled vague hints of him here and there near the Dahlian lands, though she had not heard verbal confirmation of her suspicions until this moment.

The hybrid nodded in agreement with the sentiment. A creature like Haku could not be controlled for long—he was not like Samael, who held his mother in highest esteem and did all that she asked of him. Kaena had nothing to fear from Samael, but others certainly did. Still, the hybrid could see her son in no perspective but her own, and she would never have said they were similar. "Your children needn't worry with a father like yourself," the hybrid said, certain of this statement. "I only hope when their alpha realizes the error of her ways in trusting such a man, your children and your love will be in a safer place." And that was the best case scenario—simply becoming aware of Haku's darker tendencies, rather than Haku bringing them to her attention.

Kaena again nodded in total agreement with Onus. She hadn't known it when she was attacked, but she had sensed something devilish in the man, something terribly wrong lurking within him—and if Kaena Lykoi, willing consort of the devil and bearer of his children, was willing to make such a statement, whatever dwelled within that chocolate-furred man was purely demonic. "Should you get the chance..." the hybrid said, trailing off and allowing a toothy, bloodthirsty smile to finish the sentiment for her. If he got the chance, take the Dahlian subleader out.

[/html]
[html]

Big Grin

He saw the disappointment on Kaena's face and he felt it as well, though of course he did not show it. If Haku had been killed then he would not fear for his family nearly as much as he did now. His most potent enemy now that Corvus was dead was the Soul male. Perhaps he had something to be wary of with that mad lone coyote as well, but he was not nearly as much of a threat as the wolf was though. His loved ones were too close to Haku and vice versa. He wished that Kaena's words were more of a comfort, but sadly they were not. Part of it was true, yes he was more capable than most of defending his children, but at the same time it was them being his that put them in so much danger. "They must worry simply because I am their father. If I weren't Haku would take no interest in them." Even if Haku was not an issue surely someone else would be. The ones Onus cared for would always be in danger for the simple fact that he did love them. There is no better way to attack someone than to go after what they hold dear. "I don't believe she is ignorant of what he is. Which makes it all the more troubling." Cercelee wasn't blind, even if she did turn a blind eye to his actions.

The words to finish the last sentence she spoke were not lost on him, and there were few things currently that he wanted more than the demise of the Dahlian brute. Unfortunately his emotional ties had also tied his hands on being able to dispose of the main thing that threatened them. "I will only get that chance now if he comes after me. My love is their warrior and so if I attack him she would be forced to take up arms against me. It is only if he makes the first strike that I may strike back and I believe he is too clever to do that for now." He was not so arrogant as to think Haku feared him, he knew he didn't, but as much as he hated to admit it the man was not stupid.

[/html]
[html]
Reply once more, and done? Big Grin

The hybrid woman could not help but feel that the world would be an entirely better place without the chocolatey male. He had escaped the jaws of death once; that he'd wriggled free was further proof that he needed to be exterminated. The coyote woman knew there was something quite wrong with the wolf she'd fought that night, before even knowing it was Haku Soul—and reflecting on the chilling way he'd tried to extract information from her (well, she was doing the same thing at first, to be fair) after the most pleasant part of their interaction had passed... the coyote woman instinctively reached for her own neck, her fingers rubbing the patch of ruined flesh where Haku had bitten it out of her.

Onus spoke, and the hybrid's attention snapped back, eager to soak up anything about the situation she could. She was not allowing or sharing her fear of Haku—to do so was weakness, and she did not wish to display those things in front of Onus or anyone else, for that matter. His words were troubling, and she nodded, absorbing them slowly. "Then, it's best you keep a close watch," the hybrid said, though she was certain Onus was already doing so. He didn't need Kaena to tell him that, but the hybrid found it reassuring to herself to reinforce the notion that his children were indeed being watched. There was no reason they ought to die at the claws of a monster like Haku.

At his words the hybrid could only half-snarl, dislike flooding through her system for the one who... enabled Haku. That was the right word for it; his position of power elevated him beyond the rest of the pack, and it forced them to stand behind him. The hybrid woman had met and liked Lolita, but beyond them and Onus's woman and children, Dahlia de Mai could go to hell. Especially it's subleader. As the coyote continued, the hybrid's expression shifted to something akin to sympathy, understanding the strange position he was in. It had hurt her badly to throw Vitium out of Inferni, but the good of the clan required that action at the very least, and if she was not going to kill her son she would have to exile him.

"If only he were as stupid as he is dangerous," the coyote said, squaring her shoulders. His apparent intelligent made him twice as dangerous. "His presence is a predicament for both of you, to say the least. Onus—you should be getting back to your children," the coyote urged, suddenly frightened that they were in the Dahlian borders without their protective father. She had no knowledge of Cwmfen and her impressive warrior abilities, so she assumed their coyote father took care of that end. Her golden eye regarded him, and she made an offer, quickly and without thinking about it too much. "If you are in need of something, come to Inferni. Call for me," she said, not regretting the offer a bit. Onus was a powerful ally; she had recognized that in him almost instantly, and she was beginning to consider him a friend. Such an act, she figured, would solidify that bond between them.

Thanks to Akumu for the table!
[/html]
[html]

Wow, last and 300th post

The male saw Kaena's hand move to a scare on her neck and assumed that it must have something to do with the bastard of Dahlia. At least she had come out of their fight the victor though, even if she hadn't been able to finish him off like she thought she had. Even if you didn't obtain the ultimate goal of killing your enemy, coming out on top was always better than being on the other side of the spectrum. Thinking of this and seeing the scar on her neck made the scarred tissue that made up the left side of his neck and shoulder twitch. It was odd to think that he had nearly died that night and yet it was that night that had set him upon that path that he traveled now. If it hadn't been for that event he may not have realized that he was capable of love and that he felt that for Cwmfen. The world worked in very strange ways at times.

His head nodded in affirmation of her words. He did watch them, as much as he possibly could. Even short trips like this made him hesitant, but he knew that Cwmfen would not leave them alone and undefended. Still, he made his departures from the den as few and far between as he could manage. He still needed to follow his mission in life, and yet right now instincts were guiding him and those instincts told him to protect his offspring at all costs and his offspring were in constant danger. The moment that Haku tried to do anything to harm the twins Onus would attack him ruthlessly and without mercy and he would not stop until one of them was dead.

Kaena was just as disgusted by how the Dahlians operated as he was. He had never understood the allure of joining a pack, but he did understand how they functioned, and Dahlia de Mai was the most twisted way he had ever seen. Any leader who allowed one such as Haku among the leadership was completely irresponsible and putting themselves, their pack members, and everyone else in danger. If he hadn't been in the position he was, he would have done something to stop it long ago. "Indeed." But if he was stupid he would not be nearly as dangerous as he was. Speaking of all of this aloud had also made him a little uneasy and eager to go back and make sure his children were okay, and so he nodded at the woman's suggestion. "Yes, I should." He turned to grab a couple more books and then he heard the Lykoi's more than generous offer. He looked back to her and if she had been able to see his eyes she would have seen the gratitude in them. "I will. Thank you Kaena." He wasn't one for offering his assistance to many, but she deserved it. "You may call for me as well, if you ever have cause to."

Holding the books with one arm he moved back to the door of the shop and looked to the hybrid once more before exiting. "Goodbye Kaena."

[/html]