there's a part of me that still believes
[html]
1. Character Name: Armistice Shanti

2. Character Birthdate (including year): 07/22/07

3. Regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci Ortus

4. Species: Canis rufus ortus (50% red wolf luperci) / Canis latrans (50% coyote)

5. Gender: Male

6. Secondary form of contact (AIM): falselytried

7. How you found 'Souls: Friends on WWS - I give Akumu the most credit.

8. Initial post:

A disjointed lope carried Armistice slowly across a rocky path, an occasional wince flicking across his face as he favored his right forepaw. The thick scent of coyotes lured him in the right direction, but if not for that, the young hybrid would have considered himself quite lost. The trees looked completely unfamiliar to him, their thickness both in girth and placement was rather unlike any scenery he'd called home before now. But was this home? He had only been separated from his traveling companion for just under a fortnight, and was sure a reunion was in store, so the decision to settle down didn't seem like one he could make on his own. All the same, his recent fight with a blackberry brier had left his feet worse for the wear, and this combined with the familiar scent of his own species felt like a good enough reason to stop.

Nose pointed toward the air, Armistice inhaled short puffs of air as he looked around. Yes, this would do it. The border stretched out before him looked less than friendly, and rather than walk senselessly into the heart of what could very well be an aggressive set of coyotes, he chose to remain silently in place next to the base of a pine. It was only a matter of time before one of the residents happened by, and he certainly wasn't about to go looking for them himself. Circling on the spot for a moment, he curled his dusty body up against one of the tree's roots, resting his head tenderly on top of it, and fixing his leafy green eyes on the border before him. It was midday, nearing the evening, and an afternoon doze sounded appealing. Waiting patiently, his eyelids slipped together more and more frequently - vigilance was obviously not at the top of Armistice's list.
[/html]
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_fall.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:240px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
--

It was business as usual for the leaden canine as she made the usual trek along the borders. Kaena generally did not pace the coast or the beach for her rounds, since it was so highly unlikely that a newcomer would decide to use the inlet as his or her point of entry. More often than not, the strangers lurking outside of their door remained in the forest, close to the piked skulls and the human mansion, as it made sense for them to do. That portion of their border faced the heart of the territory and extended along to the western side, both likely origins for any new faces to Inferni's border.

The bright sunlight filtered down from the sky, growing steadily more gold with each passing moment. Soon orange and red would streak the sky, followed by purple and lavender, until midnight blue finally enveloped the sky. That was still an hour or so away, and Kaena was looking forward to being finished with this loop about the perimeter before the sun dipped below the horizon. There was no particular hurry nor any reason to, she simply did not particularly enjoy this duty, not when so many of her excursions were fruitless. Kaena had to make this trek three times a day, perhaps more, and so few of her border jaunts yielded a new Tirones for Inferni to call its own.

It was just her luck that an unfamiliar scent drifted to her nose. She tilted her scarred head back, breathing in the strange canine's smell deeply. Certainly male, and not particularly young—several of their newest additions were mere yearlings, certainly good company but still in need of a lot of training. The hybrid's pace quickened, and in a few minutes she found him, curled up at the base of a tree. "You'd do well to keep a sharper watch," the coyote said sharply, though the loudness was more intended to rouse him rather than admonish him.

[/html]
[html]

With what was clearly deliberate slowness, Armistice raised his head as a harshly punctuated female voice entered his ears, causing them to swivel in the stranger's direction before the coyote's eyes followed. Once his leafy-green gaze had fixed upon the battle-worn woman before him, they widened slightly in mild interest. Her one-eyed stare was hard to miss, as were the numerous streaks of white in her fur caused, undoubtedly, by a number of violent skirmishes. If he were to make the smart move, he would have flopped into submission instantaneously or else risk becoming one of the many skulls within view. What Armistice did, however, was part his jaws in a wide yawn.

Once his teeth had scissored back together, tongue briefly licking over his lips before setting his jaw, he dipped his head low. "I'd do even better to keep a sharper mind. Unfortunately, some things become dull too quickly," he replied, getting slowly to his feet. In doing so, it was clear that he was not making any wrong moves anymore. To remain laying down idly would have been more disrespectful than his yawn, but to stand tall was not his objective - on his feet, he remained close to the ground in passive submission, not quite meeting the female's single golden eye.

"My name is Armistice Shanti," he began again. "I have been wandering for longer than I'd like too, and when I caught scent of your home --" he paused, inhaling deeply, to make sure she was from the pack in front of them (she had woken him up, after all, and he hadn't seen where she'd come from). Scent confirming her to in fact be one of the border markers, he continued: "-- I was overcome by a comforting feeling. I suppose that explains my nap," he said, although the surroundings could hardly be considered "comforting" here. "I suppose I'd like to offer my services, if I can be useful, in return for a more permanent stay."
[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_razor.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
--

The silvery hybrid was rather intrigued by the male's comfort at their border; from the horrifying skulls hanging around them, one unfamiliar with Inferni should have been quite wary. This canine was just the opposite, going so far as to doze on their borderlands and yawn when roused. The thought had hardly passed her head that it was somewhat disrespectful; of all the canids amongst Inferni Kaena was perhaps least concerned with submission and rank and all that jibber-jabber that simply translated to nothing in the long run. Her sable ears, one whole and one tattered, curved forward to listen as he spoke.

There was just a flash of a smile for an instant, twisting one corner of her mouth upward before it dropped again. It was so quick it might have been missed if the male coyote had blinked, and it did not reappear for quite some time. Kaena's face wasn't naturally stern, but one could hardly call her gentle-looking with the marred tissue cris-crossing her face. The coyote introduced himself, and stated his purpose quickly. The hybrid woman appreciated canines who cut to the heart of the matter; there was little reason to linger about the borders and pretend he wasn't seeking something. Why else would he have been here? The lead-furred coyote again smiled, though this one lingered for a sight longer than the prior grin.

"This is Inferni, and I am Kaena Lykoi," she said, indicating the clan from whence she came, and herself with a gesture of her hand. "Don't suppose these helped you feel at home, huh?" she said, reaching one silvery hand to tap her fingers against one of the gleaming skulls, her smile flickering and fading as she turned to the business at hand. "What can you do?" The coyotes were not strong enough yet to turn many away from their door, but it was an obligatory question, one that had fallen from her lips countless times.

[/html]
[html]

Armistice had met his share of reprimand for his laid-back attitude in the past. Whether it was because he wasn't paying attention, focusing hard enough on a task at hand, or simply not caring, countless creatures (his mother came to mind) had seen fit to lecture him about good manners and attentiveness. However, very few of these lessons had sunken in. It must have been providence, then, that the bullet-colored coyote before him happened to have a rather laid-back attitude herself. She did not, as he half-expected, bear down on him and show off how powerful she was. Instead, she stated the facts as plainly as he himself had done.

Casting his eyes again to the forest behind her (you know, the nice looking one behind all those... war trophies), he nodded. Inferni. If this was going to be his new haunt, he might as well memorize the name. "Pleasure to meet you, Kaena," he replied, deciding that they were going to be on a first-name basis. With a nod toward the skulls, he rolled his shoulders into a shrug. "I suppose you don't like wolves much, eh? Well, that's okay. I'll just tell my wolf-half he's not welcome, and he'll stay under my skin," he added, a sly grin winding its way onto his features to match Kaena's. It was no use hiding the wolf that flowed in his veins, but, if he wasn't mistaken, the girl before him didn't look so coyote herself.

When the topic of conversation became introspective for Armistice, he took a moment. Selling himself was never something he was good at, so that was not something he was going to say as a thing he could do. "A little of this, a little of that," he said in lieu of remaining silent for two long, arching his back up in a catlike way, and looking the part by brushing lightly against the tree beside him. "I have spent most of life walking - I know my way around, and learn terrain well. I never forget a place or a smell. But I suppose, most of all, I am good at talking. By looking at me, I'm sure you can see I'm no warrior - I prefer to use my tongue rather than my teeth. I talk my way in and out of predicaments daily. I noticed there were several other packs on the way I took to get here. I am sure you must have relations with them, whether peaceful or otherwise? Well, I can be your go-between. You ever hear that saying, 'don't shoot the messenger?' Well, I'm one messenger who's never been shot, and I don't plan on ever taking a bullet."
[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_razor.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Hooray! Big Grin Welcome!

The silvery coyote was not unfamiliar with the swirling of mixed blood, as it was quite clear she herself was no purebred coyote. There was nothing to be said about Kaena other than that she was a mutt, and she drew parts and pieces of her features and build from her many different heritages. There was a half-hearted lifting of her shoulder, and she shook her head. "You live like a coyote, you are a coyote," the Centurion spoke rather simply. Defection was always possible either way for the hybrids of the world, but Kaena considered it enough to look like a coyote and speak the coyote cause. It occurred to her that there might be spies, perhaps coyotes sent to them by their neighboring packs, but why bother with all of that trouble just for them?

The hybrid woman listened intently as he launched into speech, concentrating hard to catch all of his words. The silvery coyote was rather impressed, both by his directness and the immediate proof of his top skill. He had convinced her of his sharp tongue rather quickly, and the hybrid woman nodded, bobbing her head slowly up and down, regarding Armistice for just a moment with a sparkling eye before speaking. Though her facial expressions were generally harder to read, it was rather clear at that moment that she was feeling rather good about this coyote and very positive regarding his proposition to enter their ranks. "You have more of a way with words than I could ever hope to have," the coyote woman said, conceding her compliment with that same half-cocked grin.

True, she was old, and you know what they say about old dogs and tricks, but eloquence was one thing Kaena knew she could never attain. She was not a gregarious creature by nature, but she had developed her social skills out of necessity. It had been difficult enough to do that, let alone gaining oratory prowess. "You'll do fine here. Maybe you should seek out Anselm—he is our Caelum, the scout rank. He can teach you a lot about these lands in a short amount of time," the hybrid suggested, her silvery head tilted to the side. She was thinking Armistice and Anselm would make quite a pair if his tracking and exploration skills were anything like his power of language.

The coyote woman stepped back, motioning for Armistice to walk over the invisible line separating that which was Inferni's and that which was neutral land. If her prior speech hadn't clued him into his acceptance, this certainly would. "Gabriel leads us. I am his subleader. For now, you will rank at Tirones, a standard subordinate," the hybrid explained quickly, as per usual passing over the actual terms of the ranks in lieu of the meaning. "Follow the scent trails to the center of the territory, you'll find the caves. Most of us live there," she added, directing him to where he was most likely to find a friendly face. The coyote woman felt bad for poor Halo, alone in the mansion, and she resolved to visit the young girl more often. Her eyebrows twitched upward, stretching the thin scars bisecting them out over her forehead as if to ask, any questions?

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.