you can never have enough gold
Character Name: Jontae Trouillefou de l'Or
Character Birthdate (including year): August 3rd 2009
Luperci
Species: Mutt, dog/wolf/coyote mix
A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M) Firefly's Account

OOC: Jontae is being lead by one of the lost crew members to find Jacquez, she will be staying but the crew member won't, explaination below.

IC

Jontae was conceived onboard the ship that had set sail from Florida, Jacquez the rowdy fun loving captain had spent the night basking in rum with the company of Rogue, one of the women of the ship who wasn't against having a wee bit of fun on the long and dreadful flight from their old lands. Rogue had realized the night before the ship had sailed into a storm that she was carrying but because of the tragedy that befell the crew she had no time to bring the subject to light with the Jacquez.

When the ship went down Rogue was left clinging to a pair of barrels she'd managed to lash together. The currents took her far from where Jacquez and Ruri were deposited and she'd landed many leagues north of the territory of Souls. There she'd set up camp and waited, hoping that any of the others would show up.

After a few weeks when it became clear that there was no one else who was going to appear she began to track her way down the coast, hoping to find a few of their crew in the process. Rogue met up with Aimé, Corbis, Valentie, and Séraphine. By the time she'd found her comrades it was more than apparent that she was indeed pregnant and yet she still refrained from naming the father though to the crew who'd known her it was more than clear.

The small gathering of mutts had found themselves stranded on the edge of a land of ash and death, the remains of Bleeding Souls when Rogue had come to the end of her pregnancy and the gathering had to stop to care for the new mother and child. When the small girl was born her father's breeding showed clearly and Rogue finally admitted to the rest of the crew what they already knew.

Rogue and the rest of the crew settled on the edge of the lands, waiting for the time when the young pup, named Jontae would be strong enough to accompany them on the rest of their journey. They spent many weeks in the area thriving on the fruits of the forests not tainted by the wildfire that had ran through the lands.

The clan met a stranger in this time that spoke to them of a self appointed king in the lands of Souls, this troubled the clan and upon further pressing they were presented with a ray of hope as they found out that Jacquez was indeed alive and well. They decided immediately that they would head out to find their captain and king and rejoin his forces in this new land.

The going was tough and the four of them took turns carrying small Jontae when her legs grew too tired to carry her. They had almost made it to the edge of the great mountain when tragedy struck. A pack of wolves ravished by a disease of the mind attacked their troupe and realizing that the strangers weren't in their right mind instead of fight the group fled.

Séraphine had been carrying young Jontae at this time and found herself seperated from the rest of the troupe. With one of the wolves hot on her trail she dashed up the mountain recklessly, fearing for their lives as she felt the breath of the beast behind her. Somehow just as she was about to give up she heard a cry of pain and alarm behind her as the beast lost it's footing and tumbled over the cliff and down into the darkness below.

Séraphine dropped where she was and fell into a troubled sleep, waiting for the break of day to continue their journey. When the two of them greeted the rising sun Séraphine convinced Jontae that they needed to move on and that she would bring her to her father where she could wait for Rogue and the rest of the troupe to reassemble. Séraphine doubted that they would find them but she had already made up her mind when she delivered Jontae to Jacquez that she would turn back to continue her search for the rest of their crew.

Séraphine traveled the lands of Souls with Jontae until she found a scent that she knew beyond all. Following it to the borders of their captain she called to the new troupe, asking for their assistance.
[html]

It was another chilly day in the lands of Cour des Miracles. The rains that had been plagueing the area had finally abated, but the earth was still soaked, making the fact that it was cold all the worse. The delicate Majordomo of the band of misfits was wearing the cashmere sweater dress that Firefly had chosen for her. The soft, gray fabric was both comfortable and quite efficient as a second layer to keep her petite body warm. Ruri was out for one of her usual strolls, but for some reason she had decided to wander near the borders for the first time in quite awhile. Ever since her encounter with Haku Soul the blue merle collie had done her best to avoid the borders of the pack lands. Regardless of what had drawn her there, the fact was that she was there and was enjoying herself for the most part, except for the occasional bonechilling feeling of one of her white-furred footpads dunking itself into a puddle. Ruri could have done without the wetness adding to the chilly weather, but the fact that she now had clothes and numerous blankets to keep her warm back at her cabin made being in a cold climate much more bearable.

Today would definitely prove to be one to remember and the show was starting. THe ivory and merle, blind border collie was shaken out of her blissful daze by a seemingly familiar call, one that she had not heard in many months and indeed had not expected to ever hear again. In a flash, Ruri was running in the direction of the call, her body maneuvering on autopilot across the landscape towards the call. THe fact that she hadn't been around the borders in quite some time was quite apparent as Ruri nearly tripped several times in her haste. She was unfamiliar with the terrain and did not know which areas to avoid. She would worry about how much her feet hurt later, or so she thought as her footpads scrambled over knotty tree roots and rocks which she normally would have avoided to prevent herself from falling. Not today, though, getting to her destination was too important. Her long silver hair flew behind her, whipped by the air as she speeded towards her destination.

When Ruri finally neared the source of the call for help, she was out of breath and had several small cuts on her footpaws from where she had stubbed her toe or nearly tripped over a rock, but for the most part she had made it there unharmed. "Seraphine?! Is that you?" she called, unsure as to whether or not her senses were playing tricks on her or not. She could certainly smell the woman in the area and it had sounded like her voice. However everyone made mistakes, even Ruri's acute senses. However, if Seraphine answered back, Ruri would know that she was right.
[/html]
[html]Seraphine had deposited Jontae on the ground and was busy pacing back and forth. She normally didn't travel in her muttly form but preferred the feel of only two legs beneath her. It had been necessary though carrying the king's young brat and she didn't regret it now for they probably would have been killed otherwise. Instead she gave the annoying up a firm grooming while she waited for any of the members of the pack to show.

Jontae protested loud and clear to the bathing and Seraphine was forced to ld the child down with her forepaws to finish the bath before finally giving up and throwing the kid a lookof disgust. I she wanted to look like she'd just taken a fall in a mud puddle that was fine with Seraphine. She shook her head and growled. "You had better behave yourself imp." before the sound of someone crashing through the lands caught her attention, causing her to completely miss the child sticking her tongue out and making such a horrible face in return. She probably wouldn't have said anything if she had caught her, they'd all had a rough trip.

Seraphine's ears pricked forward when she recognized the scent of the other, her tail beating against the wet ground as a voice was given to match the scent. She was mildly surprised to see Ruri here in these lands but it was only for a second for she knew that Jacquez had looked after the girl like a sister and wouldn't have allowed any harm to come to her. She smiled and took a step forward to greet Ruri as she called out. "Of course it's me Ruri.." She didn't stop to think about the fact that she would probably break Ruri's heart a little when she was forced t turn and go.

She cleared her throat as she watched Jontae attacking an old gnarly root, her voice hesitant as she added. "I have.. a package for Jacquez." Her ears bent back as she sighed. "I'm afraid I was separated from Rogue, Aimé, Corbis and Valentie.. trying to get here." She noticed as Jontae finally had noticed their visitor and she was about to give the child a proper tongue lashing as she watched the small one bound over to Ruri and sniff about her. She growled at the child as she was ignored. "That is Jacquez package, Jontae. I hope he can deal with her better than I can." she said as Jontae spoke up.

------

The small pup sniffed about the paws of this new lady as she cranked her head back to gaze up at her. She knew that the adults could do that neat trick, walking on two paws but she hadn't figured it out yet. She frowned as the lady didn't really take notice of her and she called out. "Hi chu, I'sa Zon too." Not realizing how horribly she had mangled her name she turned back to Seraphine and complained. "Wheresa mums..." She hadn't seem Rogue for quite a few days and while she like the fact that Seraphine carried her everywhere she wanted her mother.[/html]
[html]

Ruri's face brightened with a gleeful smile at the sound of Seraphine's voice responding to her inquiry. She was alive! "I can't tell you how happy I am to hear your voice. I was afraid that the rest of the crew had gone down with the ship.," she was about to continue when Seraphine mentioned that she had a package for Jac. What followed was a statement regarding the other crew members. They were all alive too? "All of you survived the wreck? We had no idea...we looked for you guys for a long time...well Jac did most of the looking I suppose I wasn't much help in the matter, but we really did try to find you guys. I'm sorry you got separated from them," she stated, her half-folded ears falling flat in a guilty posture. THey should have looked harder. Then maybe all of the crew would be here now. Ruri's remorseful thoughts were quickly interrupted by touch of a small, cold, wet nose sniffing her leg. Ruri jumped slightly, not at all expecting to be touched by a small creature, only to hear Seraphine announce that this was Jac's package and that it was in fact a she and her name was Jontae.

The ivory and merle femme quickly found herself closing her mouth which had dropped open in surprise. "W-wait do you mean to say that...she's Jac's daughter? How?" she of course already knew the answer, having lived with Jac her entire life. SHe had always been afraid his habits would get him into trouble some day and boy howdy were they ever. The delicate optime did not have much time to stand their wondering how she was going to tell Jac that he was a father, as her thoughts were interrupted by the raised voice of the pup evidentally trying to formally introduce herself. Ruri responded by kneeling down to be closer to the pup's level, making sure that her sweater dress didn't drag in the mud. Of course, Ruri couldn't see Jontae, but she could look in the pup's general direction, like she did with everyone else. "Hello Jontae, it's nice to meet you. My name is Ruri," she introduced herself in a polite tone rather than responding in kind to the pup's loud introduction. For now, the surprised lautari figured that she would stay kneeling in case Jontae wanted to talk some more. However, she found herself turning to look towards Seraphine, still awaiting some sort of explanation. She would need all the help she could get in trying to explain the situation to Jac, which was not going to be easy. The one armed king could barely take care of a baby horse. How was he going to take care of a pup?

[/html]
[html]
WC: 442
ooc: Thought I'd have him arrive as Séraphine was leaving...? C:

Speak of the Devil, and He shall appear...
Jacquez Trouillefou was in a pleasant mood that afternoon as he strolled away from the stables, mischief glinting bright in his obsidian-black eyes. Finn Fidh had spent the morning with him, testing out her new werewolf form in the best workout he could give her. He was glad, supremely glad that the scar-riddled brawler had joined his kingdom -- she had already proven herself a fine packmate. She had even chased away the chill of the cool autumn day, along with the bottle of rum he had downed. Yes, things were going splendidly in the Court of Miracles. Svara and Firefly had come home, Leroy and Ayita would have their litter soon, beautiful women were chasing after him everywhere he turned... it was good to be king.

His folded ears flicked forward as he caught the faint sound of a howl. Someone was at the borders, then? It was too far to recognize the voice, but the female's cry was not unfamiliar. The monarch brushed some stray leaves from his burnished fur, vainly picking a twig or two from his mane before he set out leisurely across his land. Someone else would greet the inquirer by the time he arrived, but he could be fashionably late and steal the spotlight. So long as he looked the part; no bits of grass or anything in his pelt from rolling about on the ground... And his little filly, Rue, was not following to undermine his authority today. She had found a new playmate, Finn's big red deer companion. Jacquez was taking advantage of the temporary distraction to sneak away on his leaderly duties yet again.

As his long legs strode purposefully nearer to the scent borders of their land, he was combing his memory to try and recall the voice that had carried on the wind. It didn't sound like Kaena or Hanna or any of the wolves from around here. Brows furrowed, Jacquez climbed to the top of the ridge, peering down into the clearing to see the small figures below him. He frowned as he recognized Ruri - why had she come all the way to edge of the territory again? Was she safe?
His wet nose caught the scent, and then the tension fell from his posture, a knowing smile spreading onto his countenance. Séraphine! She had survived the shipwreck after all, and come to join them in their new home! Oblivious to the third little figure that Ruri had knelt to greet, the monarch strode jauntily down the hill, his spirits rising at the thought of his old crew coming home.

[/html]
[html]

Séraphine couldn't help but smile though she was weary when Ruri began to speak up. She had expected a rush of questions but she had been just as surprised as Ruri that so many of their numbers had survived the shipwreck. She inhaled deeply, trying to rid herself of the tiredness that clung to her bones as she shook her head and responded. "I'm not certain if we would have found eachother but Rogue was persistent in finding Jacquez and it just so happened that luck was on our side too." She stared off in the distance towards the great mountain she'd passed over and wondered if any of their comrades had made it over to this side as well.

She was silent a moment before she continued on. "It doesn't matter, we probably would have given up looking for the rest of the crew if some stranger hadn't brought news of the packs around here. He'd spoken of a strange new troupe lead by a self appointed king.. if that didn't sound like Jacquez I don't know who it could have been." She chuckled at the memory as she tried to move forward to stop Jontae from invading Ruri's space but she was too late. Glaring at the young pup as she captured the blind girl's attention she almost didn't catch Ruri's words as she realized what Séraphine had meant by delivering a package to their king.

She swallowed hard as she tried to explain but really she didn't know what to say except for pointing out the obvious. "She's Jac's daughter. She's not mine though, which is why I must return to where we were separated and see if I can find the rest of the crew. Rogue will be missing Jontae and I need to let her know that I brought her to Jacquez as she wanted." There was sorrow in her voice as she finished the last words. Séraphine was not a cruel creature but she was not the pup's mother and didn't have the same attachment she had for the small one yet as she did for the rest of the crew.

Séraphine opened her maw to speak once more but closed it quickly when she caught sight of a well known figure strolling towards them. "It seems I must pay my respects to our captain before I vanish or he will be distraught..." A slight hint of amusement in her voice as she nodded low to Jacquez as he strolled onto the scene. She didn't know if she should be the one to tell him about the small figure that was nosing about Ruri's paws or if Ruri would be better suited to hand him the news. She didn't want to miss it though when it happened.

------

Jontae had no notion that her newest adult figure in her life was blind but she didn't think it strange at all when Ruri didn't look right at her. She use to adults doing all sorts of crazy things and more often as not she tried to escape their strange antics and strive for a more sane lifestyle, that of the carefree puppy. When Ruri introduced herself after asking something about her she didn't quite understand she frowned and tried to pronounce the name. "Iye Rooree." She knew that sooner or later she would master this strange thing that the adults seemed to thing was so necessary but for now she would try her best and they would have to deal with it.

Jontae sniffed at Ruri's nose a second before she heard Séraphineand Ruri go on about Jacquez again, she tilted her head to the side and announced what was common news in this small area of field. "Jaccooz mah daddy." Even though she had never set eyes on the man she had learned enough already to know that he was her father, at least by popular belief. She wagged her tail, proud of the announcement she made as she turned to watch Séraphine, making certain to blow a raspberry at the woman who had been her guardian these past few days.

Right in the middle of making the rather rude sound she noticed what Séraphine was looking at and she stopped to stare, her tongue still sticking out of her small maw as Jacquez appeared upon the scene.
[/html]
[html]

Ruri listened as Seraphine filled in the details as best as she could. Ruri still couldn't believe it. Jac was a dad! Did that mean she was an aunt? She of course had no idea really, especially since she and Jac were only related by strong bonds not blood. Ruri would concern herself with the details later. For now she just had to worry about how she was going to break the news to Jac. She certainly knew he wasn't going to like it. Ruri, of course, didn't mind. She loved pups and loved to play with them, although most of them found it difficult to play with a blind adult. However, it was not long before Ruri realized she would not have as much time to think as she had hoped.

Jac's scent reached her nose just as Seraphine mentioned that he was coming. Ruri had almost forgotten that Seraphine had said she was going to have to leave again. "W-wait, you're leaving?! But you just got here! You'll come back won't you?" she questioned, a concerned tone in her soprano voice. Ruri heard Jontae responding to her earlier greeting, doing a relatively good job of pronouncing her name. Ruri didn't want to ignore the pup so she reached down and gently patted her on her little head, pinpointing her location from the sound of her voice. Of course, now Jac was almost here as she could hear his footsteps coming closer. The ivory and merle female smiled and waved in his general direction before greeting him. "Hey Jac! Look who's here!" she called indicating Seraphine by holding her arm towards the woman. Jac would get the idea. She doubted that he had seen Jontae yet, as he was not the most observant of luperci. However, that would only last for so long. Jontae would no doubt want to make her presence known to the king and when that happened Ruri and Seraphine would have only a few moments to explain the situation to him before he started to get upset, which he was going to be anyway.

[/html]
[html]
"Auntie" Ruri is so nice, trying to shield Jac from his own mistakes... x3

Jacquez swept down the hill, an appraising smile flashing from ear to ear. His booming voice announced his presence before he reached the women (or so he assumed, despite his highly noticeable approach). "Séraphine, quel fortune! Tu es vivant, tu as survécu! C'est une journée merveilleuse pour tous. Les autres sont à venir?" He rattled off in French, feathered tail waving at a merry pace behind him.

He had trouble believing that his shipmates were dead, although he had given up hope of them returning to him. And now, his faith had been rewarded once again! Séraphine had the scent of others clinging to her fur, so she had not come alone. Such marvelous luck, his settlement here would be doubled in size! They could claim more territory along the coast, and have the manpower to begin building a new ship -- his ambitious mind was running wild, projecting the glorious future of the Court of Miracles.

He turned excitedly to Ruri, knowing that she would be thrilled as well at the prospect -- but her expression was not the gleeful smile he had expected. "That is a pretty sweater, Ruri," he commented lightly, mistaking her concern for self-consciousness. As predicted, he did not even notice the small companion lurking at ankle-level, and whirled energetically back to his former crewmate. "Have you formed your own troupe, chère Séraphine? How many are on their way?"

[/html]
[html]
She felt guilty when Ruri's mournful voice pipped up asking about her leave taking. She sagged her shoulders as she admitted. "I can't leave them out there alone, but we had all agreed that we were going to come back here. They may be on their way now.. or they may be scattered to the winds. I'm going to find them Ruri.." She felt bad about having to leave, just dumping Jontae on their floor and heading back into the wild but she knew the puppy would be far better off here in the packlands then out where she would be. She didn't even know if she would be making it back alive so she hadn't made any promises to Ruri, hoping the girl understood.

Seraphine couldn't help but cringe as Jacquez made his way towards them as Ruri announced her presence. She was use to this but she had wanted to take her leave before the bright cheery king had arrived. She should have known that when she called he would have come running but she had been too busy trying to make certain she'd come to the right place. She sighed once more as she turned her bright eyes towards Jac and tried to offer him a smile.

"No Jac, I haven't come to stay, not yet. The others and I were separated.. I must go find them. I just had to make certain our newest crew member made it here alright." She turned towards Ruri and Jontae, her eyes settling on the small form that was attempting to eat a dandelion as she announced the child's presence. "Jac, this is Jontae. I was suppose to deliver her to you. Compliments of Rogue." She knew she was being cruel but it was the first time known to the crew that Jac's little games had got himself in a pickle and she was dying to see the expression upon his face.

She turned away for a minute though and cuffed Jontae around the ears as the child finally had captured the weed and was attempting to demolish it. She gave a soft growl as she admitted to Jac. "I was separated from Rogue and the others, we were attacked. I barely made it out alive. I'm going to go back to find the rest of our troupe. You can thank Rogue for everything, it was her determination that brought us this far..not mine." Seraphine yawned and shook her coat out as Jontae decided to resume her attack on the weeds. She sighed and just gave up. Jontae wasn't her problem anymore.

---

Jontae had the bright yellow weed in her mouth when she realized that the brassy loud male that had arrived was Jacquez. She quickly abandoned her flower, though her mouth was coated in bright yellow pollen as she tried to scamper over Seraphine's legs and present herself before this new creature. Her tiny fluffy curl of a tail wagged happily as she announced. "Yous Dadhdy." Well, that is what they had all told her, it wasn't her fault he was just learning this and he hadn't even seen her yet.

She scampered back over to her yellow weed and attempted to flatten it to the ground once more with a soft growl as she watched the adults from the corner of her eye, believing they were going to try and steal her lovely treat once more. The world was her playground and she would do with it as she wished. She was a princess after all.[/html]

[html]

Ruri nodded when Seraphine explained her reasons for leaving. Despite the fact that she didn't like it the ivory and merle female could not argue with the other woman's reasons. The adolescent collie girl was sure she would do the same thing were she in Seraphine's shoes, and if she could see. Traipsing around outside the packlands wouldn't be a good idea if she couldn't see. However, she would have time to ponder this idea later as Jac had now arrived and with his arrival would come the revelation of his daughter's presence. She was about to say something after Seraphine responded to Jac's initial inquiry when low and behold the woman spoke up before Ruri could try to break the news to Jac gently.

Seraphine's attitude regarding little Jontae might have also left something to be desired, but Ruri didn't have time to worry about that. Jac was likely thinking the usual, How? What? Who? and Why? questions right about now and she had to speak up before he did something foolish in his bewilderment. "I can help take care of Jontae, Jac. It won't be too hard. When you're busy she can stay with me and I'll take care of her. Or she can stay with me and you can come visit or something. It'll all work out, you'll see," Ruri did her best to try and ease any of Jac's worries regarding how his newly discovered child would impact his roving, care-free lifestyle. Ruri didn't want Jac to be upset, so she had immediately given him the option of having her care for the pup. Ruri was sure she might be able to get Heath to help out if Jontae became too much of a hassle. Other than that, how hard could it be to watch a pup.

THe fact that it might be very difficult for her as a blind girl to care for an energetic pup like Jontae hadn't even crossed her mind, nor had the fact that Jac had somehow managed to raise her himself from when she was even smaller than Jontae was now. However, things were different now and Jac wasn't necessarily one to be the paternal type. Things could change, but in the case of Jac, Ruri was never quite sure how.

[/html]
Just because Firefly wants to laugh at Jac.. sort of.

IC:

Firefly was still sore at Svara for the trouble she had caused and rather annoyed at the world. The pathetic kitten that had attached itself to her after she'd made a meal of his mother had clambered on her back and settled behind her shoulder blades. Firefly did her best to ignore the kitten but she would rather act grumpy than admit that she actually liked having the kitten about, it took away from the pain of loosing her children. Why they were always on her mind now she really didn't know but it still plagued her greatly.

She had heard the howl of the stranger and had taken the small kitten to see what was about. She needed something to take her mind off the thoughts that had invaded her normal life style. She had just been strolling up when she caught the butt end of the strangers words to their leader. She paused at the outskirts as Ruri tried to sooth things over and the child just declared the news right out to Jacquez face. A chuckle exploded from her lips as she continued on into the circle.

A raised brow greeted Jacquez as she looked down to the little brat. "Well she does look like you, sortof.." It really didn't surprise Firefly that the male had unknown children, it actually amused her greatly. She paused crouched down low to the pup who was demolishing the dandelion as Elroy leapt off her back and onto the puppy, expecting a playmate. She flinched, not knowing what was going to happen to the kitten but she ignored the two youngsters as she added. "I can help Ruri too, I miss my boys anyways." Who would have guessed Firefly was able to admit that much. She eyed the two playing as she waited to see what the king would decide of his new princess.
[html]
WC: 392
<3

Jontae...? Compliments of Rogue?
The king blinked, dark gaze settling on the small scrap of fluff. A... puppy? His lip curled automatically, ears tipping back in a shocked and disgusted reaction. He had been with Rogue on the ship voyage here, he recalled, a harmless fling that had quickly been forgotten in light of the devastating wreck. 'Harmless' was no longer the proper adjective, if she had begotten a child!
It wasn't his fault, after all, pregnancy was entirely the woman's choice in his convoluted mind. Jontae's bright eyes regarded him happily as she chirped her greeting, the last two words any bachelor ever wanted to hear in his lifetime. He did not answer her with anything more than an exasperated huff of air and a nonplussed expression.

Séraphine and Ruri both continued speaking, but he was no longer listening very closely. He gave his former shipmate a distracted nod, acknowledging that she would be leaving again with no guarantee of return. It figured. This entire day had been turned on its ear already; of course nothing good would come of this. That was reinforced by a familiar laughter - Firefly, waltzing in at the wrong moment so that he could never live this down. He had a daughter. A fluffy, tiny little runt that was being dumped here as punishment for some crime he was innocent of.

It took a great deal to leave the monarch speechless, but the effects could not last for too long. As the little mongrel continued her assault on the offending dandelion, joined now by a kitten for some inexplicable reason, Jacquez shook his head in bemusement. "Ehh, je m'en fous. Child-rearing is a womanly duty; Firefly, Ruri, if you will assume responsibility for it, it can stay." He scratched his chest idly, studying the clumsy little thing. How odd. It looked nothing like him, in his opinion.
Wryly, he added, "Séraphine, if mademoiselle Rogue has any more deliveries for me, tell her I do not have the space for them." His whiskers quirked into a sour smile, his black eyes unreadable. It was possible Jontae would grow up to be a valuable crewmate, intelligent and flawless such as himself, but perfection was hard to come by. In any case, she was not his problem either. He had already reared Ruri; one was enough.

[/html]
Seraphine waited until it was decided that the child would stay. She almost wanted to snort at the reactions of the father, thinking that he would go along so long without finding himself with a gift from Luna. She shook her head at the whole scene before her as another woman approached. She wondered if this creature was another of Jacquez playthings but left it alone. She dipped her head in farewell as she backed away from the comfortable gathering as she spoke up. "She was the only one to live Jac.. but I will try and bring the rest of your crew home, if any survived." Her voice showing a bit of annoyance at the male's words before she turned her gazed down at the kitten and puppy in their little mock battle as she growled softly to the runt.

She flicked her tail in a show of annoyance though she wouldn't admit that she'd come to like the child a bit for all her sauce and vinegar she spouted from time to time. Her voice grew gruff as she turned away. "Be good Jontae, don't do anything I wouldn't do.." She doubted the child would understand but Jacquez and Ruri would. She had been a wild one, rough and tumble when she'd been part of the crew. Always causing trouble and cracking jokes that the shipmates bore with good spirits. She wondered if the small fry would turn into trouble. She was a princess after all now and she deserved to be a bit spoiled, not that Seraphine believed that her father would do just that.

She nodded one last time as she trotted away from the group, knowing that it would probably be a while before she saw any of their faces again, if she ever did.

-------

Jontae had been about to behead the dandelion when all of a sudden she felt something heavy land upon her back, flattening her to the ground. She gave a squeak of protest and turned to be greeted with a pair of bright blue eyes. She growled and turned under the smaller creature, buffing it's belly with her dull nails as she pawed at it's face. She had no clue what this creature was but it was now hers to play with! She grabbed up at the creatures ear and tugged at the velvety flap as she made funny little sounds of puppy joy. She had totally forgotten about the gathering of adults and almost missed Seraphine's retreat until the soft growl she issued hit her ears.

Jontae squirmed out from under the kitten who went about attacking the puppy's fluffy tail while she stood at attention to gaze up at the adults. She really didn't understand what all was going on but she watched as Seraphine took off and a soft whine escaped her throat before she turned back to the remaining adults, her eyes asking what just happened.
[html]

Sorry for the late reply

Ruri was not at all surprised when she heard Firefly's amused laughter coming from a short distance away. The golden woman had been in charge of patrolling the borders before she had left. Ruri knew of course that Firefly wasn't in her same rank as before, but it seemed only natural to the blind girl that Firefly might engage in her old habit and come to investigate the commotion. "Thank you Firefly," she whispered to the woman when she offered to help her care for Jontae. Ruri had volunteered quickly to lessen the likelihood of Jac becoming upset, which had worked out slightly. However, Ruri didn't know much, if anything, about how to care for a pup. Teaming up with Firefly would make the task much easier no doubt.

Ruri heard Seraphine turning to leave after bidding farewell to Jontae. When the elder woman bid the pup to not do anything she wouldn't do, Ruri couldn't help but smile and shake her head slightly. If Jontae behaved even a little bit like Seraphine had done on occasion, the child would be quite the handful."Hurry back Seraphine!" she called after the woman, hoping that when thhe woman did return it would be with the rest of the crew.

As Seraphine left, Ruri heard a small, confused whine coming from the pup. "Don't worry Jontae, she'll be back soon. Now you get to live here! We'll have lots of fun, I promise," she responded, again kneeling down to be closer to the pup's level. "Oh...Jontae, this is Firefly," she stammered, almost forgetting to introduce the woman to the pup. "She and I are going to take care of you, okay?" she explained, doing her best to help the young female understand what was going on. THe ivory and merle female wasn't at all sure if she was doing the right thing or not, so she turned her useless blue eyes towards Firefly silently seeking some sort of reassurance that she had said the right things.

[/html]
[html]

Firefly rolled her eyes at the words that Jacquez had spoken and just grinned over towards the puppy and kitten playing as she answered. "Yes your majesty, she'll be cared for as though she was the most precious little package ever delivered to our pack." The wickedness of her words required no hinting as she eyed their king in his new sulking mood. So she hadn't been able to bring the king to pieces but it looked like the tiny little runt had more power than she knew. Firefly grinned at the pup and chuckled. "You are a rather impressive little one Jontae.." She said as she poked at the puppy with a paw as she watched the strange woman heading off once more.

She had caught the words of Ruri and she smiled and brushed up against the young blind girl as commented. "It's fine Ruri.. I miss my own pups.." They really weren't pups anymore but in her heart they would always be just that. She turned her head back to Jacquez as she left him with a smart little remark. "Just remember she is your daughter Jac." She doubted that the king would be cruel to the small child but it seemed that she had lost a mother for an unknowing amount of time and now here was her father with little care for her as long as someone else was taking control of the situation.

Nudging Jontae softly she sighed and called out to Ruri. "Let's get this princess out of the cold and get something in her tummy." She knew that Ruri wouldn't be far behind her as she began to usher the puppy on towards Ruri's home. Firefly had been thinking of moving out of her drafty cold little shack but she hadn't really had a reason to and now it seemed one had been delivered, how strange the world was. Perhaps this was just what she needed tp push past the grief of losing Svara.

[/html]
[html]

Firefly made a remark to Jac that sounded less than kind, but Ruri did not protest. Jac might have deserved it, for his callous attitude towards his own flesh and blood. However, Ruri did not blame him for acting as he had. Raising pups just wasn't his cup of tea. Raising her had likely been enough of a challenge for the bachelor king that he didn't want to try and raise another. She'd turned out alright hadn't she? Ruri could only smile as Firefly called back to her about trying to get Jontae inside and get her some food. "I'm pretty sure there's half of a rabbit in my house somewhere. She can have that," Ruri replied, following after the woman and pup, her arms folded in front of her. The long sleeves of her cashmere tunic kept her arms warm, and tucking her hands under her arms kept them warm too.

For now, Ruri had to think about where she had left the remaining half of the rabbit carcass that she had saved for later. As usual someone had brought her some food and left it on her doorstep. She had eaten her fill and then placed the fresh meat in one of the cooler, drier areas of her house so that it would not spoil too quickly. The meat was likely still good so Jontae could eat that.

[/html]