ever so sweet
[html]

I had free time, so I'm posting this now. Reply whenever! :]

He had decided to branch out. And not just to Arachnea’s Revenge which bordered so closely to this city, but way out. Silas had decided that today he would make a long trek – spending all hours of the light out exploring. He and his family were supposed to be getting information about their surroundings, but Silas had used most of his time to mess around in the city. But not today. The Russian boy was determined to actually discover something today.

The shattered coast was west of the city and was where Silas wandered first. By traveling slightly north along the edge of ethereal eclipse, he passed over the territory of Cour de Miracles, where the man from the liquor store had been from. He let his instincts guide him, and turned whenever he felt like it. After half the day had been spent, Silas wound up on the south-eastern border of the rabbit lake. It was there where he decided to rest along the shore for a bit, shifting from lupus to Optime and laying out on his back.

The leaves had begun to change since autumn was upon them, but there had still been plenty nice days full of sunshine and blue skies. Today was much like that. Silas studied the shapes of the clouds contently, readjusting the bandana around his neck before cushioning his head in the cradle of his arms.

[/html]
[html]

thanks for starting. <3

__

A moment to clear her mind.

Distractions could be found everywhere, plentiful and fulfilling their purpose perfectly. As a result, she had no more canvases and her pencils needed replacing for even those had become short and dull. As the pack’s pup-sitter there was no shortage of young and mischievous minds to mold and curb. But it wasn’t what the young woman needed, it was a brief moment to relax and simply breathe.

The wolfess walked from the Manor, the day slowly coming to a close Mati wished to steal away the last few hours of daylight. She carried nothing, leaving her sketchpad behind and among the mess of papers and paintbrushes in her sun room studio. It was her constant companion, but even the most perfect pair needed time apart. A stray pencil sat among her mane behind her ear, but it was the only thing that traveled with her.

Rabbit Lake was calm, quiet and beckoned her to walked beside it’s shores. Her thoughts were muddled, and the Church woman willed her mind to forget the confusion and questions that seemed to forever roll through her thoughts. Purple eyes looked form the blazing foliage of reds, yellow and browns to the serene blues and greens that played along the lake’s surface.

The tall she-wolf walked slowly, and almost missed the scent that lingered in the air. It was unfamiliar and did not belong among the Dreamer’s lands. Though not one to develop a conflict the large formed woman sought the owner and found the figure lying along the shore.

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/bullskullorange.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"> Sorry for the wait! <3

A deer. That cloud was most definitely a deer. It had been some time since the Russian boy had last seen a roaming deer alive. The jerky they ate on board was the only reminder of those graceful animals. How he would love to taste the warm meat of a freshly killed deer between his teeth. A grin played along his features. When the sound of movement caught his ears, Silas titled his head to take in the world behind him. Everything was upside down and it took a moment for him to pick out the form of the approaching female. He smiled, and lifted a hand to wave, though decided to pull himself into a sitting position instead.

"Hello кукла," he called to her, turning his torso to better face her. Now that he was right side up again, he could get a better look at her. She had a rather large and tall frame, but the way her wavy hair fell past her face seemed to soften her appearance. He waved then, wondering if she came to him in peace or protest. He surely didn’t want to get into a fight today. "Where is this?" He asked, motioning to the area around him. Even if she decided to kick him out of here, Silas would at least leave with a name.

[/html]
[html]

sorry this is short.

__

Mati didn’t really consider herself a pack protector. She was the Nanny and would rather watch over pup play then defend the border from rouges. Were there really any wild beasts anymore? She wondered as she looked at the stranger lounging along the shore. He looked far from feral with his blue handkerchief around his neck. It almost matched the eyes that looked at her as he rose to greet her. Yet they were less rich, but a fabric would surly rip before holding a color as sharp. The sky reflected in clear ice watched her, his words heavy with some sort of accent and distracting her from the mere look of him.

“This is Crimson Dreams.” She told before asking, “Where are you from?” She was capable as asking questions just as hastily as he was. His accent, and the mere sight of him were foreign. It almost made her smile as she looked downwards at him. Instead of kicking him out Mati sat beside him, waiting to know where it was he hailed from. His scent gave her no notion, and if he was lone beast perhaps he needed a home.

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/bullskullorange.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

Crimson Dreams. He’d have to remember that and take the information back to his family. Maybe he’d get some useful information from this girl – possibly even find out something of his older brothers. But Silas knew that would most likely be wishful thinking. "Russia. Mine family come here few veeks ago." He watched as she came to settle beside him and he offered a soft smile. Silas could defend himself and fight if need be, but he was naturally easy going and got along much better when people were just comfortable being themselves. He was glad she wasn’t so quick to want to toss him out of here.

"This Crimson Dreams, does eet have Russo?" He paused for a moment, realizing his words proably didn’t make much sense. Silas had to think for a moment how to better explain. "Mine name Silas Russo." Really, Silas went by his mother’s surname of Agata, but for explanation purposes, he took on his father’s name. "I am looking for mine brothers."

[/html]
[html]

fail wait...

__

Mati was happy to inform the male of her pack and all their mysteries, even if she didn’t know she was an easy lock to pick. The secrets would come a-pouring with a few simple questions. All he needed to do was ask. Mati thought herself a fair judge of character. And the young black and tan beast didn’t look like one to be weary of, with his blue kerchief around his neck. The fey wore nothing, as was her nature. Unlike the other teen wolfess that stalked the Dreaming lands. Princess basked in gowns and dresses as if her mother had not given her all she needed to be protected from the elements. His accessory made her think of the Chance sibling, and her thoughts were briefly unpleasant.

His accent made it difficult for her to understand, but she worked through the message and responded,
“Isn’t that far away?” She fought to find the picture of their planet in her mind, and when she did the large country was not very close to their own. It was almost a foolish question, but she was an artist not a geographer.

A Russo? She didn’t think that anyone by the name lived in the Manor, and she had heard no one with such a tongue. “No, I really don’t think so.” Mati looked at his blue eyes for a moment before hastily introducing herself,
“I’m Mati Church.” a breath was all that separated her name from another question.
“Have you been apart long?” The idea of half siblings was odd and not thought of for the young woman, she could only imagine being separated from her litter mates. And Mati knew just what it felt like.

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/bullskullorange.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"> Sorry about the wait, again. <3

"Yes, very far. Across ocean. We came on mine father’s boat." He outlined the shape of the vessel with his fingers and then mimicked it sailing over water before offering Mati a Cheshire grin. "Have you been on boat before? Eet very fun." A hand absentmindedly flicked at the bandana on his neck as he studied Mati. He was very used to being around his own family and her coloring seemed foreign to him. Especially those eyes of hers. He had never seen anything like them.

"Aww, no Russo? Very sad. Zhey are not here." He didn’t think locating them was going to be this easy anyhow, so the knowledge that Zaets and Vladimir weren’t around really didn’t put much of a damper on the boy. Besides, he had never even met them before. "Mati; et very pretty name." But it seemed that the Captain had turned her attention back on Silas’ lost brothers. "Yes, since birth," he replied with a hearty chuckle. "I ‘ave never met zhem before. Zhey are mine half brothers."

[/html]
[html]

no worries <3.

__

Mati had never been anywhere, never gone across the sea as a few had described to her in the past and now as this male spoke humorously with his hands. He had opened a creative door for the young woman, who returned his smile. It wasn’t often that another smile at her in such a way, teasing almost. “No” she responded, outlining in the lake’s sand first a strait line and then the rough notion of a wolf seated on it. She told her own story, as he had though now
“I bet it is.” she responded lifting her eyes from the story unfolding on the ground between them.

She was sad for him, sad that she could give him such new as his sibling’s whereabouts. It would have been a nice thing to see, such a joyous reaction. Well, Mati figured that it would be a good thing for him to reunite with them. She could not find anger in his face as he thought of them. He faltered off topic for a moment, commenting on her name though only enough for her to be shyly gracious for the compliment. “Thanks” He moved right along to her delight to answer her question. It seemed like he didn’t know them at all. “Oh,” she countered, thinking of the half siblings she had yet to meet. She at least knew where they were. “did you come all this ay to find them?” she wondered. Would she go a sliver of the distance to know those that her mother had just recently bore? She supposed it possible, but was it worth it?

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/bullskullorange.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

Silas watched as Mati drew a sketch in the sand. He smiled, leaning forward and resting his arms atop his knees. "Sometimes," he started, thinking for a moment how to explain, "get sick. Uhh, sea sick. I don’t. Some do." He knew his English wasn’t always the greatest, but he hoped that she understood what he meant. Bending slightly, Silas dropped an arm so that his own fingers could trace through the sand. He drew a crude representation of the sun above Mati’s wolf, drawing waving rays of light out towards it. "Eet not so bad," he added, referring to being sea sick.

He drew his arm back, resting it again on his knees before he let his chin fall on top. He didn’t want to ruin her picture entirely and he hoped she hadn’t minded too much. "Yes and no," he replied, looking up towards her deep lavender eyes. "Mine father bring us ‘ere to find zhem. But also, to live." He was absentmindedly picturing himself teaching Mati to sail his father’s boat. Though he had been glad to be back on land again, he felt a stir in his stomach and knew he had begun to miss the hiss of water crashing against the hull. "Eet’s new adventure," he added with a grin.

[/html]
[html]

Mati smiled as she listened, picturing every beast on the boat hanging their maw overboard with a spell of sickness.
“I would probably get sick.” She spoke as she looked back at his light blue gaze. As always she examined his color the moment she had noticed him on the shore, but no she took a deeper look. Eyes like transparent snow, graced with the reflection of a clear blue sky, sat among the ordinary of his black and tan. It was almost like a small surprise , a gaze you didn’t expect when quickly looking him over. She laughed at the thought of being atop crashing waves and an unruly sea.
“I have never been off land.” She watched as he added to the picture, a sun to shine down on the wolf that sat to dutifully on the small strip of land.

“It must be nice, to start fresh.” It would be nice. Just to start all over again and be somewhere where who you used to be or where you came from matter only as much as you made it matter.
“And scary.” She added, drawing the waves of the ocean beside the sketched wolf’s parcel of land. Though he didn’t seem scared, she certainly would be.

[/html]
[html]

"No, never?" Silas chimed, finding that idea almost absurd. It was strange for him to think that someone could have never been off land before. Especially after all the time he and his half-a-family had spent on the ocean. Their ship had long since been pulled out of the sea, but he really wanted to one day take Mati on a boat. Now that the idea was there, he had a feeling it wouldn’t die away very easily. "Ve must go sometime," he told her; an open invitation that he hoped someday might be fulfilled.

He watched as Mati drew in the sand again, drawing waves around the sitting wolf. "Eet is sad sometime," he admitted. "I miss mine brother and mother. Zhey home in Russia." With a quick sweep of one finger, Silas made two small bumps in their drawn wolf’s sky. "Heh, bird for him." When he drew his hand back, he leaned back in the sand, palms outstretched behind him to prop up his torso. He tossed his head back and cast his icy blue gaze up towards the sky. "Eet is little scary too. But fun to meet new people." And with that, he turned to face her again and offered another smile.

[/html]
[html]

She shook her head and smiled at his surprised tone.
“Never.” How as that so surprising? Mati had never even seen a large boat, one big enough to travel across an ocean. She had looked at the smaller kind for the lake. But she hadn’t even sat inside one. Looking at the Russian hybrid she gave him a coy expression, almost not believing his invitation.
“Alright.” She spoke, sure that she wouldn’t see him after this meeting.

His voice became slightly sullen as he spoke about his family that he left. Mati understood, too well. But then again, it was so different. Her kin were so close compared to the millions of miles that must separated him from his mother and brother. She didn’t like the thought of being without Anu, without someone right at hand that she could trust and confide in. Haven was of course just half a day’s travel east. She watched out of the corner of her eyes as he looked skyward, obviously reflecting on his new adventure. She continued to draw, listening as always.

“There are plenty to meet around here. Most are nice.” She spoke when their eyes met again. She was glad that he had ventured into in Crimson Dreams. Breaking away from his blue eyes she felt a warmth in her face as she explained,
“A friend for him.” motioning to the drawing, a wolfen partner for the seated one and another for the bird to looked down upon, for the sun to warm, and for the ocean to tempt.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait & the shortness. <33

"Eet very good," he told her, nodding at the drawing. Silas had never really ventured into the world of art, and so he had no clue whether or not he could really draw anything. Mati, it seemed, had developed a hand at this. Her wolf wasn’t as crude as Silas’ would have been if he had attempted to draw one. "Do you ‘ave family ‘ere?" After reflecting on his own, he was slightly curious about her's now. Perhaps they all lived here in Crimson Dreams borders, staying together in one tight knit family. Silas silently wished he had that, though he supposed the adventure of his family’s new life was kind of exciting. For a moment, he let his gaze return to the sky, half expecting to see a bird soaring overhead and stealing glances down upon the duo of wolves.

<style>
.silas-family p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.silas-family b {color:#1B2A5B;}
.silas-family-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.silas-family {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#BAD6DA; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/silastable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:175px; text-align:justify; }</style>

[/html]
[html]

short too

Mati only smiled as he complimented her small sketch. It was nothing, just an outline in the sand and she found it hard to take the compliment. Still, she felt the rise of heat in her face from his words. It just happened, and at time she didn't even try. After a moment she spoke a meek, "Thanks" Glad that he enjoyed the small effort she had placed into the drawing. Mati soon found that she was thinking he was one of the nicer males she had met, not brash or arrogant.

She pulled away from those thoughts and focused on answering his question,
"Umm..", she spoke softly as she gathered the whereabouts of her family.
"One of my mothers lives here, with me. The other in a different pack. My brother Haven is from Cour des Miracles." She didn't linger or even tough upon the brother that had run off or the sister who kept mainly to herself.

[/html]
[html]

Ooh, I love Mati's new avatar!

"Two mothers?" Silas asked, wondering if he had understood her words right. He had never heard of such a thing before, but perhaps her siblings were from different litters. That could explain things. But then, what of a father? There was no mention there, but Silas did not press. He wouldn’t be the one to dig into things that were better kept in the dark. "I ‘ave ‘eard of Cours. I meet volf from zhere. He vas very nice; not Haven zhough." Silas readjusted his posture, curling his legs underneath him into a pretzel and resting his palms in his lap. "Zhey don’t vant to live ‘ere? I zhink eet ees very nice ‘ere." He motioned towards Rabbit Lake, which was picturesque in itself; not to mention the striking, pleasant souls that lived here as well.

<style>
.silas-family p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.silas-family-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.silas-family {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#BAD6DA; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/silastable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:175px; text-align:justify; }</style>

[/html]
[html]

Kiri is amazing!

It was such a beautiful day. It reminded her of spring, and didn’t speak a word of winter. Snow was not far off, and in the weeks to come there would be many changes. The cold would settle in the air, snow on the ground. Those that felt the need would venture off, and she was sure a few might seek refuge among the pack for winter’s worst. But, for the moment Mati was happy to simply bask in the glow of the sun and enjoy the company of Silas. It was east to speak with, and just as eager as she to make a new acquaintance.

Mati nodded once at his question and spoke to explain,
“I have a birth mother, and an adoptive mother. They were mates when I was younger.” it was hard at times to think back at when her family was whole and happy. But it just seemed to be life’s way; splitting families up. Silas had gone through the same, and with many more mile between them. She had come to know it as fate, though knowing that didn’t make it all hurt any less.

“I have always enjoyed visiting.” the mutt-filled pack was always pleasant to her, and Mati often found refuge there. She smiled at his words, taking them as a comment towards her home as a whole. “I don’t know.” She spoke, her tone light and amused.
“We have plenty of room, and everyone’s welcome.” the girl added as she looked at the male. It was an invitation, if he ever cared to settle down. Mati looked away shyly at the idea, figuring he was the sort to always be searching and roaming. He seemed like that type.

[/html]
[html]

He had barely noticed as the sun adjusted its position in the sky. It had rotated around them, as if where they sat was the fixed focal point, slowly sinking towards the horizon. Still, the rays of light still offered some warmth against Silas’s fur and he wished he could hold onto these last weeks of autumn. Soon winter would be upon them, and the Russian had to wonder if his family would decide to stay in the motel throughout the annual snowstorms. He figured they’d find somewhere to settle, be it with an existing pack or by creating a new one.

"Oh, I see," Silas chimed, referring to Mati’s explanation of her mothers. It made sense, even though it still left the question of who her father was. Still, Silas did not press. He wouldn’t let his mind come up with ridiculous explanations either, even though a few had started to crop up. Those he pushed out of his consciousness and instead listened to Mati’s sweet voice continue. "I ‘ave never been zhere – to Cours. Zhough, I ‘ave passed by eet on my vay ‘ere. Uhh, Heath said zhere are many dogs zhere. And man vith one arm!" He still was curious how that happened in the first place, but was slightly revolted by the idea of it.

"I hope I come ‘ere again one day. I do like eet ‘ere. You ‘ave been very nice to me." He smiled at her sincerely, before offering, "I live vith mine family in zhe city. You visit sometimes? I vill show you around. Zhere is lots to see zhere." Because she had been so nice from the beginning about letting him stay there within Crimson Dreams borders, he figured it wouldn’t hurt to let her explore the world where Silas and his family lived (even though it was technically neutral ground). Still, he liked the idea of seeing her again.

<style>

[/html]
[html]

So very engrossed in the conversation Mati did not see that the sky had turned from its afternoon bright blue to a hazier and darker pallet. Eyes had wandered from the black and brown male to the sand picture they had drawn together. The wolves looked tired in their picture, and the clouds and birds dimmer among the slightly shadowed sands.

Mati nodded, knowing that there were more dog hybrids then there were pure wolves. She knew that there were only a few hybrids among her pack, and she even knew she had a small amount of coyote blood thanks to her father. She figured it didn’t matter much, as she noticed that the tawny male shared a few features brought to him by doggish genes. His ice blue eyes were not exactly wolf born, but of course her own purple were a mystery when looking at her genealogy.

“One arm?” She asked him, not sure if he was just joking with her or if she should really believe him. Of course he had not given her any reason not to, Mati was still in disbelief. Haven had never told her that their alpha had been missing an arm.
“Wow.” Mati added, thinking about it once more. How he lost it and how he survived would be an interesting story to hear.

The Church wolfess was slightly embarrassed by his kind words, and left speechless for a moment. His offer was too kindly offered to refuse, even though she was always uneasy when she tried to explore Halifax.
“Okay.” Mati spoke, happy at the idea of seeing where his family was living.

[/html]
[html]

Silas was stunned to see that Mati was just as surprised by the Cours de Miracles king’s affliction of having only one arm as he was. He smiled a bit at that, but pushed the image out of his head. For some reason it just made his stomach turn the wrong way. The only time he’d seen an animal without one of its limbs was in death. To be that way in life seemed horribly wrong. He didn’t want to picture it.

Her reply to his offer was simple, but just what he wanted to hear. Her soft voice echoed in his chest, "Okay." Now he didn’t really want to leave, as he had realized he enjoyed the young Church girl’s company. Plus, he couldn’t deny that he liked looking at the pretty lilac eyes of hers. But the sky overhead was beginning to grow darker and the shadows amongst them had begun to grow larger and deeper. The trek home would take quite a while, but Silas was confident he’d have plenty of things to keep himself busy. His interaction with Mati, albeit it short, would most likely replay over in the young Russian’s mind.

"Vell, I must go back. Eet is getting late." He slowly picked himself up from the sandy shores, glancing for a moment at their collaborative drawing and smiling to himself. He wondered how long it would remain there before the wind, a passing animal, or perhaps a stray wave from the lake would wash it away into nothingness. He offered her a hand, figuring she wouldn’t remain on the beach alone after he had gone. He could be wrong, of course, but it didn’t really cross his mind. "Eet been nice talking vith you. I hope I vill see you again soon."

<style>

[/html]
[html]

SSWM - 268

There was no denying the change in the sky’s color, or in the temperature as they sat beside the lake. Mati did not worry about getting home late, for she was merely steps away from where she slept, but Silas would have to wander all the way back to his home, however far that might truly be. The girl smiled, unable to help or stop the soft warm feeling that his gaze brought to her chest. He had been sweet, his accented voice new and exciting and his storied riveting. As he stood to leave, Mati got up as well, ready to venture home as he was.
“It was nice meeting you.” She commented, now slightly shy as they said their goodbyes.

She watched at the Russian male turned and wandered off into the evening dusk. Her thoughts cloudy from the experience and she found it hard to focus on the words spoken. Silently she hoped the same, though with lone wolves it was always hard to keep track of their wanderings. Part of her said not to get her hopes ups and that the blue eyed male would be gone for good, nothing but a passing breeze in a winter storm. But he hadn’t been harsh nor cold, so maybe he was like the gusts of summer, unlikely to happen twice on the same day and kissed with the sun’s warm or the southern current.

Violet eyes wandered to the ground, passing the sketch that would last only moments longer then their conversation, and then picked up the tail that would without a doubt take her home.

[/html]