If Ten Million Fireflies Light Up The World
[html]
Rawr? Anyone wanna poke at the out of place lupine? Set on Oct. 17, at about 6pm
WC: 554, 5 pts

Tender-hearted quartz pelted female padded nervously into the Aniwayan Village, translucent gems lit shades of red and violet by the beautiful flames of a huge bonfire located in the center of her slightly active milieu. A gorgeous display of blazing reds, whites, blues, and oranges, the bonfire was- like a million fireflies all contained in a moving, breathing shell. Such a beautiful sight this was against the slightly darkening sky, Ailbhe almost couldn't look away. Light, icy blue gems danced and sparkled like stars were born within them with each glance at the fires. Finally, slim maw tore away from the bonfire and turned this way, and then that, as the slightly lost four-year old checked her surroundings. A few Optime wolves off to one side, a few others headed towards a set of fields, and a large stable of sorts, connected to a storage facility, judging by the smell. Of course, the thought of what this stable might hold piqued Ailbhe's interest. Hungry stomach announced its thoughts on the subject as the skinny lupine fae crossed the grasses upon thin stilts, head tilted to one side. What could be stored in this intriguing structure? Beef? Mutton? Deer? Maw gaped open in a smile as slim head peeked into the door. Formerly pleased expression fell as icy sights registered what was inside the wooden slat hut. Fish. Lots and lots of fish. Was she at the wrong storage shed? Nothing but fish? Surely there was some....

And then she saw them. Piles and piles of succulent, raw deer meats, delectable hunks of beef, and... something she'd never seen before. Head cocked off to one side, surprised. What could that... and then, she saw it. A perfect, juicy slab of raw, red beef. Formerly slack expression picked up again as she scented its wonderful, tender, although chilled smell. But was she allowed to take it? A whine left her maw as she sat upon the earth outside of the store, utterly defeated. What were the rules to taking food from the storage? Perhaps she had to bring something in to take something out? Glittering orbs never left the slab of beef as ivory harks fell, flattening on her skull. But... she was so hungry... maybe a little to give the famished female some energy? A rather amusing expression plastered itself onto the frail girl's maw. Where was someone to ask questions when you needed them? Sighing, she ignored the strange stares she received from some of the natives. Of course, it probably did look strange for a rather malnourished, slightly dirty white lupine to be staring into a storage shed of food... the stores that they themselves probably had hunted and donated.

"I wonder if I should have asked Dawali a few things before he left me..." She thought aloud, looking somewhat downtrodden. Perhaps she should go warm herself by the large center fire until he could be addressed? Ailbhe looked off behind her for a moment, back out at her new milieu. Things were so different here... perhaps she needed to learn a little about the AniWayan culture before she did much else. With these thoughts buzzing about her mind, attentions turned back to the storage shed, containing the one piece of meat with her name on it. Maybe... after something to eat.
[/html]
Yes, I know its short, but you didnt give me much to go on, Please respond ASAP

Revian giggled and called out to the female "I have plenty of meat that is fresher than that, if you are needing some." He was holing his large, black crossbow that looked more at home on a burning plane than in than hands of a hinter. but nonetheless, his hut had some fine cuts of not only Deer, but a few squirrels and some late-pheasants as well. He nodded twords her and said "I am Revian Deschain. Who might you be?"
[html]
Define 'not much to go on.' D; She's just joined, and is checking out the Village storehouse in a thief-ish sort of way. There's more info on what I'm doing with Ailbhe here, if you missed it. I'm guessing Rev's past his wake up in Hanna's hut...?
WC: 301

Just as the ivory lupine was going to re-enter the storehouse, pink tongue dancing over sharp incisors, harks swiveled to the sound of laughter, and then a male's voice. Not Dawali! She thought, whirling around with an embarrassed look on her maw. Expression shifted into one of defeat as she took note of the unfamiliar brute. Certainly not Dawali, no, this male was someone completely different. Smoky grey pelt was hidden beneath strange multi-colored pants and dark jacket, and the black piece of weaponry made the white she-wolf shiver, though she knew not exactly what it was.

"A... Ailbhe Latis..." She bowed in a quick sort of gesture, fluffy neck bending with fluid ease. The four-legged female then realized the strange brute had said something else. Fresh meat? She looked down at her thin, malnourished frame. At this point, the quartz fae would eat anything, fresh or not... but the prospect of fresh meat made her mouth water. What a wonderful taste fresh meat would have... she shook her head to clear it of these hungry thoughts.

"Oh... well... I don't want to impose, ah... sir." She said shyly, watching Revian with a strange sort of intrigue. He wore clothing, for one- something Ailbhe was very unused to. And he carried a weapon, something else she found to be unusual. But if anything struck her as strange, it was that he didn't look like an AniWayan. No feathers, wearing an outlandish outfit in comparison to the mostly au natural Optime she had seen so far, and strangely... out of place, despite his Optime form.

Not like she was any better, of course... but was he perhaps as new to this pack's lifestyle as she? A light chuckle weaved its way onto slim ivory maw. This could be interesting.

[/html]
[html]

*waves*
Word Count: 363. Worth 2 points.

Hanna scratched her belly, her ears laid back in confusion. For some unknown reason, the femme had been finding herself hungry constantly, no matter what time of day it was nor whether she was active or sleeping. The woman had been raiding the storehouse regularly, and had been making plans to replenish what she had taken. Just after the noontide hour, Hanna had made good on those plans, using Tobias, her red-tailed hawk, to cull two sickly members of a whitetail herd, and then brought them as far as the far outlying parts of the village to dress. She had skinned and carved the meat and began bringing the juicy red stuff further in so she could smoke some of it - for her own cabin, devoid now of meat as Revian was well and on his own - and bring the most of it to the storehouse, raw.

As she approached the storage area, Hanna's eyes were trained on the ground. She wasn't really paying attention; she knew where she was going and her feet carried her there automatically. She stopped short as two voices in front of her sounded. She had not heard what was said, but she recognized one of the figures. It was Revian, and he was looking good, his leg healed and moving well. The other was a silvery woman Hanna had not seen before, and she nodded her head in greeting to the pair of wolves, addressing the man first. "Hello, Revian. Hello, Miss, I don't think we've met before. I'm Hanna."

Given the positions of the others before her, Hanna would have bet that one or both were retrieving meat from the stores. She glanced at the snowy woman again; she looked a bit gaunt, as though she had not eaten much recently. Hanna had been through those times as a loner, though Tobias helped with that by bringing her small prey when there was any to be found and when he was successful himself. She smiled and extended some of the venison she had brought to contribute. "Either of you hungry?" What they did not eat now, Hanna would put in the shed, she decided.

[/html]
[html]
SHORT. Skipping Rev... -ish.
WC: ---

Frail female was startled as yet another wolf came over and addressed her. "Ah... hello. I'm Ailbhe..." She said, somewhat shyly. This female was obviously rather pregnant, and Ailbhe's experiences with pregnant women were not very good. So, more interested in her life than food, the female agreed to Hanna's question.

"Umm... yes, I'm quite hungry, actually..." She said, dipping her white head in a bow. But then again, she was simply stating the obvious- if she wasn't hungry, she wouldn't be in front of the storehouse, would she? She chuckled at this thought, but quickly returned to the conversation. These seemed to be some nice people, indeed.
[/html]