A Fathers Touch
[html]

WC: 300+

Ebony paws lifted and hit the ground as though they where made from rocks themselves. His body held low to the ground in a lazy manner as the warrior slowly made his way home to the mansion. After an early morning run he had found himself once again mentally and physically tiered. Ghita was in the same vote as him when it came to lack of sleep from the constant attention the pups required. Maybe some other fathers let their mates do all the caring for the children the first few week but his girl was not one to get on the bad side of. Thus, he jumped to attention at every groan and every tiny noise, reassuring his little bundles of joy with a kiss and a hug. Personally, he blamed Aro for the majority of his early morning wake up called.

Shifting back onto two feet he yawned and reached up into the air as he entered the door only to knock a risen fist off of the top door frame. Cursing under his breath he walked up to his room only to be shooed away, pups on hand, to give Ghita an hour or two of silent rest. He headed to the play room he use to spend hours in watching his adoptive brothers only to lower himself to the ground and place the tiny pups down. Aro's protest to the cool ground was immediate while Sophia started sniffing the air only to turn back to Jazper and find a haven between his legs. Picking up Aro he sighed, “Why you gotta be like that son? A little bit of exploration never hut anyone.” That is, unless you explored out of the territories. Nor did the pup understand him. It amazed him how different pups could be from such an early age. Perhaps if he had a brother or sister of his own form birth he would have known this already.

[/html]
[html]

yaaaay!! 300 +

Kansas was trying to gather his children because he wanted to talk to them about possibly going on a walk to McNamara's landing. It was a place he'd wished had been available for him to explore as a youngster. But, of course, he needed to ask them if they even wanted to go. For all he knew, they'd been there on their own a thousand times before. But son and daughters we not in the room, and he had no idea where they'd gone because he'd made the intelligent decision to lazily sleep in. The house was quiet, so sense told him they were not in it. But he decided to check the playroom nevertheless, as a last resort before he gave up and went to read by himself.

The door was partly ajar, and the Sadira heard a voice from within. He pushed it the rest of the way open with his nose, easing his front half quietly inside. Once again, Jazper's presence took him by surprise. And he froze up, made nervous by the sight of the hulking man. But as the pale boy took in the scene, his stance relaxed a degree or so. Unlike Kansas, the coal-furred wolf was in his Optime form, one small child in his hands and one on the floor. Kansas registered that these were his two puppies, and that they were his niece and nephew. He remembered Savina's reaction to their occurrence and almost laughed, knowing that when she saw them (if she hadn't already) she'd melt as he was right now. "Jazper, hey," Kansas offered, slipping the rest of the way into the little sunlit room. Honestly, the Knight looked a bit out-of-sorts, and tired. Kansas remembered that feeling after the birth of his own puppies. "They're disgustingly cute. Ghita sleeping?"

[/html]
[html]

Placing Aro down on his lap the male quickly cuddled into the warmth of this lower body with a few urgent wiggled and shuffles. Jazper could only watch and smile as Sophia crawled awkwardly up to her brothers haven protested his laziness and started away sniffing the air once more. This time she started towards the door. “Sophia, you need to stay here..” The warrior voiced in alarm only to find himself stop himself from moving as a white head stuck in. His smile grew as he got up, picking up Sophia and Aro once more in his oversized arms. Here they where again, white and black. It was so strange seeing Kansas for the first time since becoming a father. Now they where equal. They both had pups and a mate. Jazper had everything he could every wish for and the bulk of his love lay in his hands.

“Ya, disgustingly so.” He chuckled. The ebony male wasn't really into cute cuddly things but for pups, god where his offspring the cutest o them all. Someday they would be able to walk and talk and he'd show them everything he knew. Maybe he would even share his collection of instruments and weapons with these little ones. The only thing he really knew was that the two bundles of fur in his arms where going to be the center of his love and affection from now until the day he died. “Wanna hold one?” He asked with a sheepish grin. “The little black and white guy is Aro Marino and the rusty red and white is our baby girl Sophia Knight.” As he said their names he wiggled his muzzles against their tiny heads consecutively. Looking back at Kansas he chuckled lightly, “Your pups can probably protest that sort of thing now. I'm going to hold them as much as I can until they get to heavy.” Giving the smaller male a wink he laughed internally knowing that there was no way he would ever not be able to pick them up.

[/html]
[html]

300 +

Kansas was struck by a sudden sadness. He'd been trying to win Jazper's friendship for quite some time, but things always got in the way. Last time, it had been the music he'd played, and his lack of agreeable CDs to make up for hurting Jazz's ears. And now, the only reason they were going to be friends was because the handsome, swarthy man saw them as equals. He had what Kansas had. The pale boy believed that was all Jazper needed to accept him, and it made him sad. Why couldn't Jazper just like him for who he was? Or perhaps they were too different for that. Kansas didn't know. Maybe it didn't matter—after all, Jazper was willing to have a conversation with him now. The Sadira figured he shouldn't complain.

Kansas' smile returned when he saw the extent of Jazper's affection. It was absolutely endearing. He looked like the perfect father, and Kansas didn't mean that enviously. He loved how happy these children made Jazper, and he didn't even know why. He remembered his first few days as a father, how he'd needed to take care of the puppies while Savina regained her strength. He'd loved every second of it, despite his obvious, crippling inexperience. "Sure, I'd love to, i-if you don't mind. Let me shift first..." He took a few steps back to give himself room, and also to prevent freaking out the puppies. He shifted in the span of a second, then held out his hands to take whichever pup he was given. "I know. I feel like I didn't hold mine enough when they were little. I miss it. I, uh. I want more," he grinned, venturing to look into Jazper's eyes and feeling that, though sad that it was needed, the connection was finally there.

[/html]
[html]

The werewolf was taken off guard by the smile of the white wolf before him. The pack had shifted and changed so much in the past year. The only members who managed to stay where the leaders , Ehno, Kansas, and himself. There was a certain pride Jazper felt for being around when Twilight Vale formed, then again when the pack was renamed Crimson Dreams. It felt good to know he belonged somewhere, he had a family in the pack. Looking down to the pups he turned away from Kansas, allowing him to shift with some privacy. He didn't know why most of their kind liked shifting in front of others. He didn't mind it really, but he preferred to be clothed himself and shifting really just wasn't so easy to do with clothes on. Turning around at the sound of Kansas' voice he smiled once more.

Looking down at his two pups he felt slightly selfish as he attempted to pick one to hand over to their uncle. After a second he quickly passed Aro off to the smaller white male who instantly squeaked his protest until the second source of warmth held him. “Aro is a little clingy.” He sighed looking at the boy. Hopefully he would grow up and become a little more independent. Witting back on the ground he looked up at Kansas. “Well, you're welcome to pick them up whenever you want. After all we're all kinda family now.” In this strange and random occurrence in his life the two males had somehow become bonded by his children. They were brothers by mate ship now, and Jazper would never be rude to a family member. Ghita, Savina, Ehno, and Kansas where now his actual family. Not through adoption but in a normal way.

[/html]
[html]

this post is so weird! kansas sounds like a creeper. xD 300 +

Strange, that it was now that Kansas realized he really did want more children, sometime in the future. He and Savina had teased one another about it, but they'd never really talked about it, not seriously. He felt weird for wanting more puppies. Gotham, Amata, and Cambria were still children themselves. Surely it was just the sight of Jazz and his son and daughter that made him itch for more little ones of his own. He just loved how each always had a different personality, each unique physically and emotionally. Being the strange boy he was, he also found it interesting. As if children were a science he had just discovered to be in existence.

Kansas did feel rather more out-of-place without his characteristic tight-fitting pants, not that it really irked him to have nothing but his fur to cover him. His pale coat was long enough to keep his presence appropriate, so he wasn't too worried. He grinned awkwardly at Jazper, eying the puppies cautiously, as if should he take one it would break in his hands. But he took the boy handed to him, grinning widely as he held the fuzzy bundle on his arms. "Hey, Aro. Don't worry; your dad's still here," he said softly. Kansas smiled, this time at Jazper. It felt good to hear the words he spoke; We're all kinda family now. And it was true. And it suddenly didn't matter to Kansas than the large, dark man had never been able to accept him until now. Because they were linked, and they could built their relationship through the things that were important to both of them, and always had been. And one of those things was family. "Guess we are, then," he murmured, tickling the top of the small puppy's head with a long pale finger. "How're you doing? You and Ghita."

[/html]
[html]

OOV: haha. Kansas is an awkward person in general XD

He watched on amused by how easily Kansas handled Aro's protest. It would be a long time it seemed before the coal male would be able to instinctively know what to do about the pups. He couldn't wait for them to grow up a little, be able to talk and have more expressive personalities. There was a certain sense of curiosity in his childrens future. Would they enjoy living in Crimson Dreams or would the leave? Would Aro grow up and be as big as him or maybe even bigger? The only thing he was sure about now was the fact that they where to tiny to be left alone for any amount of time and his instincts had him up most of the night. Not that he entirely minded it, the lack of sleep was just annoying but his pups where the main thing in his life right now. “Ghita and I are alright. She's been a little tiered and mood since the birth but she's getting better. I've been taking the kids a lot to help her get some proper rest.”

“I never really had a family.” He thought aloud as he tickled Sophia's belly and looked at her lovingly. “Not since my parents died anyways. The last summer I spent with them was with my Aunt and Uncle down on some island. My cousin Sinatra recently found Crimson Dreams.” He had missed out on the whole big family experience. Instead Jazper had just been tossed in as the oldest of two litters of boys in the Rhiannon family only given special attention when it came time for reading and hunting lessons. “It's kind of my chance to be the father I never had for my pups.” Looking up at Kansas he smiled lightly. “A father is one of the most important parts of a pups upbringing. My dad taught me everything he could as soon as I was old enough to climb on the mountain a little. I reached the top for the first time just a couple weeks before the coyotes attacked the den.” It had been the proudest moment in his life, being able to sit up on the top of the mountain with his father.

[/html]
[html]

lol, he sure is! 300 +

Even since he couldn't have more little ones right now, he really was happy to be spending time with Jazper's. Now that the rift between them had suddenly closed up, he felt it was all right for him to be curious about his little niece and nephew. What would they be like? As he looked down at Aro, he suddenly remembered who the baby's grandfather was and felt wrong holding him. He nearly allowed a shiver to run down his spine, but leveled himself by ruffling the pup's fur gently and listening to his father. He laughed amiably; he remembered the routine he had been forced to develop while Savina rested after having their children herself. "Yeah. I remember that stuff, too. She'll feel better after a few days, I think." Of course, he had no authority in his opinion, except that he imagined childbirth was as draining for one female as it was for the next.

Kansas wondered for a fraction of a second about Ghita's and Jazper's relationship. As far as he knew, it had developed rather rapidly... he wondered if they knew each other very well. Not that he could judge; he and Savina hadn't waited long after meeting one another to become mates. A bit unexpectedly, Jazper dove into his experience with family. Taken aback by the sudden comfort he felt in sharing this with him, Kansas' eyes widened considerably. But he was happy to listen. He wanted to, despite the irony of it. "At least you had some time with your father," he said, though he was confused as to who Jazz's father actually was. Did he speak of Lucifer, or someone esle? Ah. Now was not the time to ask. "I agree with you, though. Fathers have a huge effect on their children. I wouldn't be, eh, who I am today without mine. Whether that's a good thing or not," he added with the ghost of a smile. "You'll be okay, Jazper."

[/html]
[html]

“I sure hope so.” He chuckled. Jazper wasn't one for staying inside and staring at pups all day. If he wanted to do that he would have been a nanny. No, Jazper was a warrior, a fighter and an explorer. He was of Knight blood, the blood of traveling hero's who knew only settled down for a few months at a time. His parents had traveled the world together only staying in the valley he was born in until he was old enough to hunt for himself and travel longer distances. The plan was for them to return to Scotland when Jazper came of age so he could meet his fathers family and get to know the Knight heritage better. He had looked so forward to that but the dreams had been crushed. Instead of traveling the world he had his own family, a pack to care for, and wolves he cared for deeply. He simply couldn't leave Crimson Dreams but he could explore Halifax.

He let Kansas speak before he argued back, “Better to not know one then to have three. My birth father Ares Knight was a proud alpha. He had his own pack in his younger days but once he got older he left to travel the world. He was killed by coyotes when I was about four months old. Then there was Pilot who was around for maybe two months when my first adoptive mom Dierdre was supposedly killed in the fire. After he left Lucifer and Deuce took me in a couple months before I came of age and then they split up, Deuce got kicked out, and then they both just disappeared.” He shrugged as though to emphasize the situation. He had parents sure, but they had all left in the end in one way or another. "I turned out alright though." Smiling slightly he looked to Kansas as he rocked a sleepy Sophia in his arms. “I hope you're right. I would do anything for these two to have a proper up bringing. I'm just not really good at this family thing.” Changing the subject he quickly spat out, “So how's Savina and the pups?” He had somehow magically became thier Unlce. Unlce Jaz. Weird.

[/html]
[html]

300 +

Kansas honestly was probably better suited as a nanny than as a warrior. He would forever envy this about Jazper, that the man was so large and well-built, and skilled in fighting. Kansas was not scrawny by any means; he was muscular, but in the lean, spry way. He lacked brute strength, and coordination of muscles; both of which Jazper more than likely possessed. He'd be better appreciated in a bonnet and mumu dress, babysitting. Fortunately for him, he didn't have to do either thing.

He had spend a lot of time wondering just how Jazper Rhiannon-Knight had come to be such a good fighter. They'd known (or, been aware of) one another for quite some time, though the details of the swarthy brute's upbringing were a mystery to Kansas. But he had the luck enough to hear Jazz's story, and he could not help but become wide-eyed. He reclined to his knees, still cradling the pup. He listened as the mystery of his new friend's parentage was explained to him, but the puppy grew restless, and Kansas set him down on the floor to run around if he'd like. "I was curious about that. Your parents, I mean. I, eh... I knew Lucifer a little," he tried to hide the disgust in his voice. It was awkward indeed, being aware that he'd had sex with Jazper's adoptive father. Kansas stiffened his muscles to keep from shuddering. "I'm sorry you never got to know your real parents."

He was not kidding when he told the man that he'd be a good father. That he'd do okay. Jazper was strong in more ways than just the physical one; Kansas was intuitive enough to recognize this. He was asked about himself. It brought a smile to his face, that Jazper cared enough to ask. "Oh, we're okay. I think Savina... Well, overall... we're doing well." His grin weakened a fraction. It wasn't his place to leak the fact that Savina sometimes became depressed to others. Although he had the idea that Jazper wasn't a bad person to confide in. He just didn't want to risk upsetting his mate. "Hey... Do you think your children would like to play with mine? Gotham, Amata, and Cambria would love them."

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Pups are almost two months now Big Grin We could maybe wrap this up and bribe one of your pups into a more updated thread? Orrr we could wait till the rps pick them up Jan 3 and have a thead then?

The knight simply nodded at the mention of Kansas knowing Lucifer. After all, they had both been around for a long time so there was no surprise there. Lucifer had always confused the young male. Sure, he was the closest thing to a father he had and he treated him like a son but sometimes things just seemed wrong. He now knew that Lucifer had a habit of sleeping around and drinking heavily and it hurt the giant to know that his own drinking caused him to sleep with Ghita, he still could not recall most of the night and that alone was enough for his ears to fall back and his smile to turn into a disgusted scowl. “You know, Lucifer had a habit of drinking a little to much and sleeping around on mum.” His scowl returned to a more neutral expression, “But he was a good dad. Taught me to hunt, taught me to take care of my family. We had our disagreements though.” Shaking his head slightly he hugged Sophia into his warm soft fur. He loved his children no matter if he deserved them or not.

A smile on the creamy males face brought the coal boy back into spirits as he remembered that this was meant to be a happy time for the two males. Jazper expected the usual answer, they were fine, however as Kansas' expression changed for a moment his own face darkened, was everything really okay? An eyebrow was raised as his golden eyes looked at his new brother questioningly but he didn't pressure him for more information as the Marino children where brought up. “Of course! I'm sure Aro and Sophia could use some younger interaction.” I the past few days the pups had only been introduced to the older generation of Crimson Dreamers. “Perhaps we could arrange a play date once they start walking around on their own.” They were only days old now but he knew that within a month or two they would be running around and maybe even starting to speak.

[/html]
[html]

sounds lovely! let's have another when they have their players, mayhaps? <3
300 +

He did not know how to respond when Jazper began to talk about Lucifer. So, he simply nodded, grinding his teeth together with a forced sort of smile. "Yeah," he said blandly. Lucifer had been mates with Deuce. That little snippet had slipped the Sadira's mind, and it made him cringe inwardly, his stomach turning on him. He didn't know how Jazper would feel about him if he knew what had happened... it would probably defile any ground they'd covered together in this short hour or so that they'd spent together. Kansas averted his gaze, petting Aro's back gently and grinning absently as the boy wagged his tail before bounding off.

He sensed his brother-in-law's concern at his own hesitation. But Jazper did not question him, for which Kansas was extremely grateful to the swarthy brute. He hated it when others pried for information, whether it belonged to them or now. Instead, Jazper seemed to focus on a potential "play date" for the little group of cousins. This was an exciting thing to Kansas, because he loved trying new things that could possibly make his puppies happy. "Sounds good," he responded. Kansas straightened and waved limply at Jazper, still grinning. Their encounter had stirred up a lot of feelings for the creamy wolf, but overall he was happy it had happened. He now had a friend in someone he'd sought after for friendship for what seemed like months. "I'll... leave you guys to yourselves, now. I should go see where my kids wandered off to," and with that, he ducked out the door, closing it softly behind him.

[/html]