Whether mice and men have second tries
[html]
Dampwoods/Musquodoboit Valley

The sun shone down on the family as they walked together, the bigger of five keeping a solid lead over the others. She didn't mind if they wandered ahead or behind as long as they stayed within view--that was the rule. And they were pretty good at following the rules. Lucia had learned that Naniko did know what was best for them after stepping near the fire that had been going outside of their cabin. All of the pups had been warned not to go near the fire, that they could get burned, but only then had they connected that being burned was painful and something that they would not like. She had soothed the crying puppy and everything had gone back to normal. It hadn't been a bad burn at all, barely even one.

Harlowe seemed to be getting a little better at walking, but preferred being held over running alongside his mother with his siblings. She didn't mind carrying him, either...he didn't weigh too much, and it wasn't a burden or anything. She would carry all of them if they wanted. Caprica lagged behind a bit, glancing up into the trees cautiously every few seconds. There were many birds around despite Autumn's arrival, and they chirped and danced overhead, distracting the darkly colored puppy. Naniko glanced back at her and cleared her throat loudly, and the girl grinned and caught back up with them.

She had mentioned going to this area to meet the coyote from the city, Kaena, a while back...but had only just thought about making the trip. It was a great day outside and the pups were all in good spirits, so today had seemed like a good time for it. She let herself relax a little as they walked, simply enjoying the day.

[/html]
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_jaws.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:221px; padding-left:25px; padding-right:25px; padding-bottom:10px;">
Kae be lupus.

The coyote woman was, for the first time in a long time, stepping outside of Inferni's borders. She had been keeping completely to herself even within the clan's borders; over the last few weeks she could recall perhaps three or four instances where she'd interacted with others. The liquor had run dry, however, and though part of Kaena did not wish to return to it, there was still the draw to be forgetful, numb—she did not want to remember what Haku had done to her, though she knew no amount of alcohol would drown it from her memories. Folding her ears back, she crept over the border, feeling guilty and even frightened as she did so, and hating herself for every iota of fear coursing through her mind.

Almost magnetically, her paws drew her away from the direction of Dahlia, and deeper into the woods stretching between the Waste and Phoenix Valley's territory. The coyote walked quickly, knowing there was a valley with at least a few human buildings—maybe she'd get lucky and discover a bottle or something... anything. A twinge of fear again hit her as she crested a ridge to see a wolf in the distance, though it took her only an instant to recognize the pale-pelted femme—Naniko. Excitement replaced the fear, and the hybrid took off at a lope.

By appearances, there was nothing wrong with Kaena. She had shed her rumpled appearance in the past few days, though it was apparent she'd lost some minor amount of weight over the past month; her ribs stuck out of her silver-and-white sides. The change was more apparent in her mentally, though as she brewed over what had happened to her, fear and shame were slowly boiling to anger. Kaena was deathly afraid of Haku now, and for once in her life, she did not resort to seek vengeance on her enemy. He would beat her, should they lock fangs again—the hybrid knew this in the pit of her very soul.

As she approached Naniko, the hybrid woman was surprised to see young children running with her. The coyote did not realize the woman had been that far along, and now the children appeared to be quite old—the coyote trotted over, her tail arced upwards in friendly greeting. One of the children was a bit further ahead of the others, and Kaena was closest to it, halting in front of the little one and wagging her tail, bowing down to the pup to get a closer look. "Hello there," the coyote said warmly, her heart brightened by the sight of her friend's healthy children.

[/html]
[html]

It started as a humming sound, the woman starting out the short introduction to the tune. Then one by one the pups started in, each one taking a separate line. They didn't include Harlowe in the round of singing, knowing that he would not speak, but the young sandy colored pup wagged his tail in time to the song. It was an old Italian song that she had found in a book and had taught them, one that spoke of a beautiful butterfly. "Farfallina
Bella e bianca,
vola vola,
mai si stanca,
gira qua,
e gira la,
poi si resta sopra un fiore,
e poi si resta spora un fior!"
They sang.

They stopped after that line, turning their heads to smile to one another. The sudden approach of the hybrid made the girls shrink back toward Naniko, their grins disappearing, but one didn't seem to mind. Harlowe struggled in her arms and she let him go. He padded up to the Inferni coyote, a large smile on his face, and reached up to paw at her nose when she leaned over him. Naniko was surprised at this behavior but did not chide the child; she wanted him to be more open to people, and wouldn't scold him for this. The other pups saw Harlowe's behavior and came forward as well, interested, tails wagging. "Now now, children, don't crowd her too much. This is Kaena, from Inferni. A good friend. And Kaena, this is Lucia, Rio, Caprica, and Harlowe."

[/html]
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_rain.gif); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; text-align:justify;">    The silvery hybrid looked from one puppy to the other, excitement and love for small children building in her chest. She remained low to the ground, her tail wagging back and forth as she peered into one curious face after the other. The one who came forward first put his small paw over her nose, and she inhaled sharply, enjoying the fresh and clean puppy-scent emanating from him. Their eyes were still blue, but they were beginning to change color, shifting into a strange shade the hybrid woman thought was rather pretty. Each of the children seemed quite merry and none shrank back from her.

Naniko spoke and Kaena listened to the introductions, her scarred muzzle feeling rather strange expressing happiness as she smiled. It was something she hadn't experienced in some time, but with these darling little children, how could she not? A pang of jealousy rose in her chest for Naniko; it was not fair that Kaena would not have more children. The ashen-furred hybrid could certainly still enjoy others', though, and she lay all the way down in the earth, her belly against the ground and her head on her paws, grinning broadly at the pale-furred mother wolf.

"They're lovely," the hybrid breathed up at Naniko, her single golden eye slightly glazed, a smothering adoration for children endearing her immediately to these young ones. "It's good to meet you all," she spoke to them, her voice growing slightly higher as she greeted the puppies. The grizzled woman wanted more of her own, but she doubted she'd have the time to do it anyway. Repeated pregnancy had taken its toll on her, after all, and she was not certain she wished to be burdened with young children for many months once more. After all, she had a duty to perform as Inferni's Centurion, and it did not help her case that half of the fathers she'd chosen were effectively deadbeats or dead before their children were born.

[/html]
[html]
Simple and clean is the way that you're makin' me feel tonighttt -sings-

She had met Kaena after everything had happened in Crimson Dreams, which was kind of nice. She didn't have to worry about offending her by speaking her mind and she didn't have to try and hide her past. Naniko was trying to get over what had happened, but there were some things that still haunted her. She was used to waking up with Ehno there by her side each morning, for example. The pups were used to that, too. She had tried to explain to them as best she could that he had to go away to Crimson Dreams for a while. But it didn't really make sense to her either, so after a while she had given up trying to explain it all.

"Thanks! I wasn't sure if I'd ever see you again, or catch up. I don't think it's really encouraged that we go near Inferni, and I'm not sure if the coyotes at the border would have believed me anyway if I had gone to see you." She wouldn't have been able to come with the pups, at any rate. "Want to go inside one of the houses to talk?"

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_razor.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
    There was something about puppies that simply glazed the hybrid woman over and made everything better; their youthful warmth enveloped her and made her feel damn glad she'd run into Naniko and them. They were adorable, with their brilliantly colored eyes and slight puppy smell, milk and soil and puppy breath. The hybrid lay in the grass with the one that had come forward to her, nuzzling his soft, tawny pup fur with her coal nose. He was strangely quiet, but he seemed to enjoy her touch, leaning his head back to peer into her single golden eye with his striking eyes.

She smiled down at the child, though her attention was drawn back to Naniko as the pale wolf spoke, her coal ears pricked up even as her face was angled down toward the pup. She understood the tension; she couldn't exactly hope to wander over there and hang out, either. No doubt someone still had it out for her for Xeris. "No problem... not like I can go wandering over your way too often, either," the silver-furred coyote said, shrugging. She nodded at the suggestion that they retreat into one of the houses and she stood slowly, stepping gingerly over the puppy at her forepaws to walk toward the nearest building. "Good idea."

[/html]
[html]

She liked to think that she was seasoned, that she had a lot of experience, but the truth was that she learned new things every day. She had gone through a lot and had learned some tough lessons, but maybe it was true that one never stopped learning new things. Naniko had never seen Harlowe act in such a way before other than toward her or Ehno, when he came around, and this was new to her. The coyote did have a calming sense about her, maybe it was something that he had caught on to. Perhaps he was sensitive to those kinds of things.

"True." She walked toward a house with the pups following behind, Harlowe walking alongside Kaena, his gaze rarely leaving her, not even to watch where he was going. "I'm really glad that I ran into you, for more than one reason" she began as they stepped inside. "I was wondering about getting one of those tattoo marks on me, like yours. I was thinking about where I had come from, and where I am now...wondering about the past and the future. Do you do that too?"

[/html]
[html]

The silver-furred Centurion was slowly realizing that life was a continuous process of learning. She was often confronted by things which completely perplexed her and required adaptation. The world had changed a hell of a lot since she was small; when the silver-furred canine was young she had lived in a world virtually without Luperci, ignorant to the very same mutation existing within herself. Kaena Lykoi might as well have been a Luperci Verto, for she had not shifted to her two-legged form until she was nearly two years old. She could not remember her mother using that form, and her father certainly hadn't. The coyotes and wolves she had lived amongst never so much as mentioned such things, but the world had been quite a different place back then—now the Luperci traits were expanding through even the most remote of canine societies, insuring that the world would have fewer and fewer regular wolves in it.

The hybrid was comforted by the presence of the children as they all walked toward the house, and with a half-grin she again smiled, complimenting them once more. "They're so lovely," she said, her voice wavering with appreciation, and even a little envy of Naniko. Kaena doubted she'd ever have her own small ones again; the possibility seemed dim and distant. When the ghostly-pale wolf spoke again, the hybrid listened, her coal ears pricking upward with interest as the Phoenix Valley wolf spoke, nodding her head with interest. "Of course. I think about the past quite a bit, myself. Could be why I like you so damn much—if I go rambling off about Clouded Tears or Chimera, you'll know what I'm talking about, rather than look at me like I'm a nut," the hybrid said, her scarred muzzle splitting into a self-mocking grin.

The silver-furred coyote recalled what the other had spoken of previously—Chimera was where Naniko was originally from, was it not? That particular expanse of woods had been the birthplace of the D'Angelo family, after all. "Good to remember where you're from, I think," she added, peering around the inside of the home they'd just entered. It was in decent condition, with most of the windows already smashed, and her sharp golden eye looked at the carpet to ascertain whether or not there were shards of glass on it. It would not do to allow the puppies' feet to get all cut up.

<style>
.kae-giftjames2 b { color:#99f6fe;}
.kae-giftjames2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:1px 0px 10px 0px }
.kae-giftjames2 {width:375px;border:1px solid #30819c;background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... ht-sky.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:240px;background-position:bottom center;background-color:#04040e; text-align:justify; line-height:12px; margin:10px 0px 0px 0px;font-size:10px;color:#166782; } </style> [/html]
[html]

The children immediately made themselves at home, sniffing around the place, running in all different directions. Caprica headed for the kitchen area, nosing a few of the cabinets open and climbing inside to explore, Lucia went for the large, dusty couch and began bouncing on it, and Rio jumped up onto the easy chair, curling up and closing her eyes. Harlowe stayed with Naniko and Kaena, looking back and forth between them in an expectant manner, waiting for either one to tell him what to do.

"I'll know who to call if I need a babysitter sometime. They can be a handful, when I've got all four at once" She'd had four in her last litter, too. Maybe it was a recurring number for her. She had been in four packs so far as well, the fourth being Phoenix Valley. Chimera, Clouded Tears, Twilight Vale/Crimson Dreams, and then Phoenix Valley.

She took a spot at the kitchen table, in one of the chairs, setting Harlowe on her lap. "And I agree. It's nice to have someone to talk to who can remember that, who you can reminisce with. I've been thinking about this for a while, and I was wondering about getting a tattoo from you."

[/html]
[html]

Oh, herro, I am sie, I am slow. |: ILU JAMES BB Also, let me know if I go too far in powerplaying any of the puppies. ^^; I figured it was sorta okay with Harlowe, but IDK about the others! Word Count: 763

The innards of this particular relic were in particularly good shape. There was, as always, a musty and dusty sort of smell hanging about the place, but the coyote woman began to shift once she was inside, finding it more comfortable to be in a dexterous form while she was inside of a human building. It was far easier to manipulate their objects with her fingers rather than her lips or her tongue, and the silver-furred woman was a relatively fast shifter. She had been doing it long enough—even with the first two years of her life spent simply not realizing she was a Luperci, Kaena Lykoi had eight long years of shifting ability under her metaphorical belt.

When she'd completed her shift, the hybrid found that such a thing had hardly even caught the attention of the children. They didn't turn their heads and stare or squeak out in fear; this told Kaena that they were well-socialized, speaking volumes about Naniko's parenting skill. Some children simply freaked at the sight of a shifting werewolf, even if the canine's scent did not change, the mere sight of someone growing much larger and much taller, their very body shape changing simply too much for a young mind to process. Naniko's children weren't even phased by the shapechanging of Kaena Lykoi, a relative stranger, and this was something that Kaena felt deserved compliment in response to the ghostly-white wolf's statement about babysitting. "Well, they're quite well behaved for children so young. They didn't startle at my shifting," the coyote said, marveling. She was still overcome by that love for any and all puppies, their pitter-pattering feet echoing around the house and filling it with sound. Their tiny squeaks and yips and playful barks were music to the elder hybrid's ears, and after propping open a window with a moldy and ancient book, the pages beginning to rot out of it, the hybrid reclined on one of the couches, stiff and old with non-use. Her golden-yellow eye followed the children around the room one by one, the silly grin plastered on her scarred muzzle, even aas she listened to the Phoenix Valley wolf speak.

As the other canine finished speaking, the one-eyed woman was already nodding at the idea remembering Chimera with particular reverence. That was the pack that had spawned Ahren, the place where he'd returned to when he had fulfilled most of his duties to his children, when he'd left her again for that place's crown. Kaena couldn't help but blame him a little, even if she knew in her heart that they were falling apart at the seams when he'd lived in Inferni anyway. She knew they were doomed; perhaps that was her greatest downfall for loving wolves—they could never stay in Inferni with her. Zulifer might have; he had been the closest to a coyote of all of them, actually believing he was trapped in a wolf's body, but a coyote in spirit. Ahren was next, but his crown had beckoned the de le Poer king back to his throne too quickly. Fatin was part coyote, true, but she'd lived the wolf lifestyle her entire existence, and Kaena did not think that Inferni would have made her happy, no matter how hard the Centurion tried. Maybe the cinnamon-furred wolf was just not meant to be.

Smiling dreamily, the hybrid began to speak, already finding herself in clear agreement with the tattoo idea. "This symbol... it is a sort of knot? I have seen this before," the coyote said, thinking she might have seen it carved into flesh or a tree, something like that. She could see it in her mind, but that rarely meant she could transfer it to paper. The hybrid woman needed a reference to work from, sadly, and she needed to make that clear to Naniko before the woman got her hopes up too high. "Do you have a picture of it, or can you draw it for me? I'm not much of an artist, you see..." the hybrid said, frowning. "I can't tattoo without a reference image. I've only ever done the chaos star, and more recently, a skull image. But I always had something to work off of. I've never done a tattoo from my head before." This was a sad thing to admit, Kaena thought, but it was not her fault she was not graced with the ability to draw images from her brain and transfer them to paper. Some canines were gifted in that way, but Kaena's skill-set was designed for inflicting pain.

<style>
.kae-razor b {color:#56275E; font-weight:bold; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; }
.kae-razor p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.kae-razor {font-family:trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 134px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_razor.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
I think with more thinking on it...that she'll get it on the inside of her ear :o more visible, maybe. And of course it's ok! :3 wc: 678

Each one of her pups had its own individual personality, and they sometimes left her wondering. She wished that she could see into the future and see what sorts of wolves they were...so that she could adjust things now to make things better for them. Sooner rather than later the fates would have their hands on her children. They'd be off on their own, creating their own memories and making their own mistakes. She would have to educate them about drugs and alcohol when they got to that age...sex, too, maybe. Naniko didn't consider any of her pups a mistake, thinking of them as blessings, but she thought that it was important to make sure that they knew that they could come to her if they had questions about anything or found themselves in a fix with drugs or alcohol. She wanted them to be as ready as she could make them for the big, bad things that were out there in the world.

The notion that she ought to start a fire in the fireplace came to the Luperci and she stood up at the same time as Kaena began to shift, walking over to the fireplace and kneeling down beside it. She shifted often enough to realize what the coyote was doing when she began her transformation, and did not want to make her feel self conscious by staring outright. It was interesting to watch the change from the outside, to observe it, but she wasn't rude enough to keep her eyes on the female for more than the few seconds that it took to see that she was beginning to grow taller, limbs rearranging themselves. Naniko slipped her backpack off, setting it down next to the fireplace and pulling out flint and steel. She looked around for a few moments, trying to locate something that could be used to start the fire, something that might burn easily...and found it when her eyes met a notebook sitting on top of the kitchen table.

She stood up and walked toward the table, grabbing the dusty notebook off and flipping its cover open. She pulled a few pages out of it and took the rest with her as well, heading back for the stone fireplace with her materials. The alabaster female crumpled one page in her hand, then another, and another, stuffing them into a hole in one of the logs that already sat there in the ashes. She had to crack her two stones together a few times before the spark caught on one of the papers, but from there on the fire only grew. A triumphant smile graced the wolf's face as she stood and turned back to her now-fully-shifted friend. Kaena looked really good while shifted, very different from her other form. Naniko was still uncomfortably larger and taller, even amongst those of her own species, but she didn't take too much notice of it. "You look really nice shifted, if I haven't told you that before. And thank you for the compliment. I try my best. They act very nice around strangers and whenever Ehno comes they're perfect little angels." She grinned. The coyote could probably guess what she meant, that they were little terrors once they were behind closed doors with their mother. "I'm proud that they act well in public, though, I suppose."

At the question about the tattoo she nodded, then bent back down to retrieve the notebook. There was no pen or pencil anywhere nearby so she reached toward the growing fire, grabbing a piece of charred wood from the farther reaches of the flames. "It's a symbol, the old symbol of Chimera. The one that I saw looked like this...it was carved into a tree." She drew it slowly, trying to make sure that she had it right. It took a few attempts and a couple of scratched-out parts, but the final copy looked good. "I know it's a lot to ask, though...it's OK if you can't do something like this. I could try and think of something else."

[/html]
[html]

Uhhm, I could not remember if they were supposed to tattoo here and now, or not. x_x But if not, we could say Kae did it OOC? I would like to roleplay it out, so maybe we could have another thread after this one? :O IDK UP TO YOU TALK TO ME ON AIM YOU. <333 928.

The coyote woman had never had a mother beyond the vaguely warm thing she remembered in her early weeks and the terrifying beast she'd known for some weeks after that. It would seem that Delphine had suddenly snapped, unable to care for her children—perhaps suffering some form of canine post-partum depression or something similar. Either way, whatever had befallen her mother's psyche, suddenly that caring warmth that had goaded Kaena from the womb and into the light had ceased to be so caring and warm, and one by one, the coyote woman's sisters fell beside her, still and cold after a while. Were it not for Andre, her loving and wonderful father, Kaena Lykoi would have befallen the very same fate as her sisters.

Still, she had been a good enough mother for her own lack of motherhood—at first it had completely baffled her, and with Kerberos and Maeryn she was at an utter loss, dealing with the shock of losing Zulifer and Zarah in the same span of a few weeks, the shock of being a single, lone mother atop a shakily formed clan that was coming apart at the seams even then. Who could have blamed her for leaving back then? The silver-furred woman had tried to act in the best interest of her children, leaving them on the nearest pack's border, but she had not counted on Maeryn following her. Thinking of the girl even now hurt Kaena; it was a daughter she'd never know, a daughter who looked eerily like her mother—unlike all of Kaena's other children, a model after her very mother. The closest was Razekiel, but even then there were subtle differences, a darkness of his coat and a difference of his rusty-furred face, more like a mask than a stripe as Kaena's was.

After that Kae had been a good mother, or at least she'd given it her absolute best effort. Perhaps Gabriel and his siblings would have turned out better if she had been able to reconcile her differences with Ahren; perhaps Samael and his siblings would have turned out better if she had not isolated them so. The coyote woman couldn't even ponder over Andrezej and Arkham and Rachias; the woman did not know them. After all... maybe Kaena was not such a good mother. Half her children might never return, and one had been killed by his very sibling. Another's life was taken by Kaena herself. How dare she call herself a good mother—Naniko, despite her ignorance where cigarettes were concerned, was an example of a good mother, the epitome of everything Kaena might have aspired to be one day. It was too late for her now.

The coyote turned her head to watch the pallid wolf light the fire with interest; she had a similar setup in her home for lighting fire, but she preferred the ease of matches. It was not always easy to catch a spark with the flint and steel, though Naniko had a fire blazing rather quickly. Warmth radiated from it, and the hybrid woman sighed contentedly, thanks radiating from the comforted look on her face. This was truly living—it didn't matter whether or not Naniko was a wolf anymore. The woman was a friend, and her species simply did not matter. Here Kaena was surrounded by the woman's children, trusted enough to be around them. Their very presence was comforting to Kaena in ways beyond that which she could express, and as the pallid D'Angelo turned toward her and delivered a surprising compliment, the hybrid's ears went half-mast, perhaps the canine equivalent of a blush.

"Thank you," she said bluntly and rather stupidly, not sure how to react beyond that—it was not often that she was complimented on her appearance, and the smile that came to her face was rather happy. "Oh, they sound like any other kids," the hybrid said, sharing a motherly smile with Naniko. Puppies could certainly tug hearstrings, but they were needy little things and they could be extremely taxing. "Motherhood has its ups and downs. Thankfully, they're worth it," the hybrid beamed, the tip of her tail flickering in a brief wag. One of the puppies settled down right on her leg, sitting and looking up at her with a rather pathetic few yaps for attention coming from the girl. The coyote leaned down to pick her up, noting the pup's healthy size. She was the biggest of the litter, and Kae grinned with delight as the girl snuggled in between the hybrid woman's leg and the chair, her bright eyes glancing around the room, occasionally giving little wriggles of excitement at her strange surroundings.

The coyote watched as the other canine improvised a drawing implement, her golden eye watching with interest as the pallid canine made swooping lines, her hand gripping the charred stick a bit awkwardly, scratching out a few of the designs until she had one that she liked. As the wolf passed the drawing over to the hybrid and explained it, the coyote nodded, familiarity dawning on her upon looking at the symbol. "This looks quite doable by me. It's not too complicated, which is good, 'cause I am not so good," the hybrid said with a short laugh, shaking her grizzled head. "But it is a symbol not too different from the chaos star—curvier, yeah, but I can manage," the hybrid said confidently, grinning toward her friend. Cotl's recent training would certainly help. "When do you think you'd like to do this?" the hybrid said.

<style type="text/css">
.kae-hellonearth b{font-weight:bold; color:#ABB6D2; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia,serif; font-size:11px;}
.kae-hellonearth p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kae-hellonearth {width:400px; background-color:#404F70; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_hellonearth1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px dotted #000000; padding: 190px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: 'palatino linotype', georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8D97B0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Can we say it happened oocly? ;D And I do want another thread >__> perhaps we could make references to the ooc happening of it? AND I WOULD IF YOU WERE ONLINE RIGHT NOW AT THIS MOMENT :3

She only had one litter to look back on. Naniko did care about what her first litter thought of her, and all, but she couldn't fixate on it. None of them had come to see her to her knowledge and surely they knew that she could not come back to Crimson Dreams without complete awkwardness. She wanted them to know their siblings...but she didn't want them around Ehno's side of the family. She didn't feel that it was a safe or smart move to allow them over there just yet. Once they got out on their own it was their choice, but she would advise them about the Dreamer pack.

"Just barely" She joked with the coyote, making a few other small sketches on the paper. Maybe she would design another tattoo for herself someday. All she had to do was think of some ideas. "I'm glad you think it can be done! I'm also glad we ran into each other today, that you got to see the kids. Maybe they can sense another mother--Caprica seems to like you quite a bit" She smiled warmly. As for a date for the tattoo..Hmm. She would need time to find someone to watch the pups (assuming that it would take a while for her to travel here, get it done, then travel back..."How about a week from now, seven days? I can ask Geneva if she can watch them for me. Same place?"

[/html]
[html]

OOC: That works for me. ^_^ We could wrap this one up in your next post, then, and we'll do another thread? :O

The silver-furred coyote was not so proficient with tattoo design that she could simply concoct a design from thin air; she required a reference image at the very least. Without that she imagined she'd be quite useless as far as tattooing went, although with her recent help from Cotl she was quite certain she had improved her abilities. Perhaps she was too old to be truly artistic, but she was good at this one thing, it would seem. The hybrid woman smiled, still with the puppy close by, curled up next to her. She reached down again to stroke the pup's back, and it remained with her for a moment before it careened back off of the chair, recharged by its moments rest.

"I am, too. Kind of needed a pick-up," she said, hesitant to reveal all the details of her attack, even to a friend like Naniko—perhaps in time, but for now, the wound was too fresh. There was no need to rehash what had happened to her thanks to the panjandrum of Dahlia de Mai. "So I'm really glad I got to meet them all today." she said, the firmness of her statement indicating her own apologetic unwillingness to delve into the subject any further. Thankfully, Naniko proposed a time and a place for their next meeting, to which the hybrid nodded her head, rather happy to hear that. "Sounds like a plan to me," she said, giving a way of her tail to indicate it was good by her. She offered a real smile to Nani, glad she was able to boost her mood a bit with this meeting.

Table thanks to Ithen!

<style>
.kae-urma b {color:#fdfef5;}
.kae-urma p {padding:0px; text-indent:25px;}
</style>
[/html]