send me on my way
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... lecopy.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Tokyo! For lack of a better place, we'll say this is maybe outside olden-day Clouded Tears somewhere. Maluki is probably just a few months old, so it'd be around October.

He had wandered away again, typical of a bright-eyed adventurer-in-training. No doubt his constant disappearances were headaches for his mother, who would impatiently begin her search time and time again for her audacious, brainless hell of an eldest child. If nothing else, he was her first warning: children were terrible to manage. Akeni was more laid back, of course, and Colibri had already lost Acidica, but Maluki had little notice of such factors. No, with only a few months' meat on his bones, the child was in his prime and taking full advantage of it, wherever it happened to lead him.

Naturally, when his feet got moving, they kept moving. Clouded Tears and his parents were somewhere far behind and out of reach. The pup was already aware that he'd wandered far enough that he didn't quite know his way back, but this was of no concern of a three-month-old scavenger. Someone would come and find him eventually, that's what always happened. He'd be right in the middle of something interesting, and then Mama would show up and drag him home. He was lucky, of course, when Papa found him instead: often, Papa would adventure along with him.

The falling leaves were a thrill to shortminded Maluki, who found the cascading leaves to be entertaining to catch. The brown-furred pup could be found hopping foolishly into the air, jowls clipping at empty air where scarlet leaves had fluttered and narrowly missed an early demise.

[/html]
[html]

wheee, digging through old avs is fun. XD 306 words

Tokyo had decided to go and find Mommy in Jaded Shadows, but she realized after a bit that she didn't exactly know the right way. This was totally unfair. If she was going to put in the time and effort to walk all this way, she should have something to show for it! She wanted Mommy, and felt frustrated and a little like crying that she couldn't find her way to Jaded Shadows. She had been there before! Uncle Tsu was okaaay, but he wasn't Mommy, he wasn't pretty and awesome and so cool and beautiful and everything that Tokyo wanted to be when she grew up. She couldn't cry though, only babies cried like Ireland.

Some funny buzzing sound caught her attention, and Tokyo cautiously approached a weird round thingy hanging low in a tree. She didn't know what it was, but there were lots of little bug thingies flying around it. She didn't like bugs, but she did like treasures. It smelled very strongly, so of course there must be something awesome hiding inside this container. Just like the treasure chest she had found in the city with Uncle Tsu. She had a pretty pink bead necklace and bounced against her small fuzzy chest as she walked from that escapade. The prospect of being able to get some cool awesome item thrilled her enough to make her completely forget how upset she was at not finding Mommy. If she did find Mommy later, she would be so proud when she saw whatever cool thing Tokyo found!

Strange noises came from nearby, and her attention drifted once again. Tripping a little over too-large paws, she saw a puppy chasing leaves. An idea sprung to mind. Maybe she could get her prize with less effort. "Hay, you. Be my helper okay?" Her most adorable look was adopted.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... lecopy.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The leaves were preoccupying at least for some span of time, but Maluki was young and easily distracted: his attention span was rather unfocused at all times. The thrill of springing into the air was, however, very liberating. Daddy could show up at any second to bring him home, but surely he would want to play along, too. Daddy had mentioned something about liking the trees this season, so Daddy must have meant catching the leaves in his mouth. In fact, he was probably the best at it: he was so tall and smart, there was no way anyone else could catch more leaves. Maluki made a mental note to ask his dark-furred father to teach him the secrets when he arrived.

A sound echoing in his ear brought the pup's wide, green eyes to the side, watching as a stranger his size approached. She made a rather quick demand out of him, which perked his ears and cocked his head to the side. There was no hesitation, no second thought: "'Kay," he replied simply, tail beginning to wag and a smile breaking his puzzled gaze. He skipped on over to her, a bounce in his step in excitement to see a new friend. "What's y'name? I'm Maluki. I come aaaall the way from Clouded Tears. My mommy's the beta there." Wide grin. Talkative little Soul, he was. "So whatcha need help with, huh? We should play hide 'n seek instead. I can't count, so can you count first?" Attention diverted and ears flicking, his bright eyes quickly began to scan the surrounding milieu for a hiding spot.

[/html]
[html]

gah, my next post should be faster i sry D:

The other puppy's rapid agreement pleased Tokyo. She preferred her friends easily malleable, so she decided that this puppy was definitely a friend. "I'm Tokyo Chance and my momma is the alpha of Jaded Shadows." She was lying, but not by much. Yeah, technically it was her grandmother, but the point still stood, she was veritable royalty. And should be treated as such, of course. "I never hearded of Cloud Tears." Her tone of voice indicated that this meant that as far as she was concerned, the pack couldn't be very important if its name had never graced her ears.

Maluki suggested hide and seek, and for a moment the short attention span of the girl clung to the new idea.. But the possibility of treasure! It tore her mind back to the task at hand. "We can play hide and seek after." Tokyo declared authoritatively. This was how it was going to be; his opinion didn't really matter that much, because she didn't want to play yet, and if she didn't want to then of course it wasn't going to happen. "And a'course I can count but we gotta do this thing first." She lied again, but why on earth would she admit to a lack of knowledge in anything? She didn't want this kid to think she was stupid. She bounced back towards the beehive, trusting that he would follow. "Get this thing out of the tree, there's treasure inside an' I want it."

[/html]
[html]

Tokyo. Toe-kyo. Toe-keeee-oh. Toe-kee-OH! Maluki smiled sheepishly to himself, registering her name multiple times in his head. Had he been able to count, he might have presented her the total of mutations he could bring to the name, but instead, he simply smiled at her. His thoughts lasted through the rest of the sentence and a few seconds thereafter; her mother's status only registered in his head following a long delay. "Nuh-uh, you're lyin'. You're just tryin' to be better than me. Jealous!" The whelp tipped his nose to her and briefly stuck out his tongue, then concluded: "And it's Clouded Tears! Clouded!!"

She dropped his idea of hide-and-seek like a rock, now faced with the green-eyed pup's long pout and stiff lower lip. He didn't bother to argue; the second she mentioned treasure, his ears pricked and pout disappeared. Green eyes watched as she bounded away, tip of her nose pointed at a hive high in the tree. He stared at it suspiciously before following her at a much slower, cautious pace. "Wull, I don't think there's treasure in there," the pup admitted, then finally unglued his green eyes from the hive to look at her. "B'sides, I can't reach it from down here."

[/html]
[html]
360 words, SSWM

Lying! The other puppy was so.. so mean, even to suggest that Tokyo would do such a thing! Of course, she totally didn't even bat an eye at lying, it was just so annoying because she was almost telling the truth. Or close enough to it. To call her a liar! And besides, he didn't even have any proof that she was wrong, why didn't he believe her? She wrinkled her little black nose in distaste, and with a humph announced that "I am not lying! Also I am pretty and that is important." She announced in a very unrelated fashion. It made sense to her to say, because he was not very pretty, he was just a dumb little boy. He seemed very disappointed about the lack of hide and seek, but luckily he got over that quickly cause she didn't really like that game very much at all. It was too hard when you were the look-er and too boring when you were the hide-er. Stupid game, really. Only stupid people liked to play it! Treasure was waaaay more exciting.

He challenged her word again, and this time she bristled visibly, looking incredibly indignant for her age. "Scuse me, but I know there's treasure in there. You can even smells it from here, smell how sweet it is?" Tokyo took in a deep breath, as if to show by painfully slow and careful example how you were supposed to smell things. "Come over here." She ordered, and bounced closer to the tree. "See, I will bite on this branch here and pull it down a lil, then you jump off that rock there and you should be able to knock it down. Then we can open it and get the treasures!" It all made perfect sense to her. He better agree. They were very lucky the treasure was kept so low to the ground. Who was so stupid as to hide it here? They should have known people would take it when it was left so easy for anyone, including puppies, to grab. She grabbed the low branch and tugged on it, demonstrating how the hive dipped a little.
[/html]
[html]

He stared at her blankly for some time, green eyes twinkling as it became increasingly clear that he was impeccably slow following along with her words. Pretty? Well, he didn't quite know what he was comparing her to, but the pup hardly knew the meaning of the word. He was still just a child, after all; any maturity whatsoever, particularly physical, had yet to really make an impact on him. "Y'look like everyone else I've seen," the pup offered, cocking his head to the side with a blank gaze. "Aren't you a wolf? Because you look like just a wolf to me. Not pretty... whatever that is." That said, Maluki beamed a wide, innocent grin at her.

The pup stepped back as she tugged on the branch in demonstration. His eyes scanned over the rock and the space between it and the hive, but his eyes still clouded with hesitation. "I don't think I can reach it," he said, though the pup hadn't budged. "You said you were more pretty than me, so maybe you should do it. If you are pretty then you will do better, right?" His words, of course, hinted at a sarcasm he would know well much later in life, but at that moment had no depth to them. Maluki was simply a sweet, innocent child: His toothy, innocent grin at her made it clear.

[/html]