A Little Too Tough
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ableII.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

WC:300+

His luck seemed to be improving since Ghita showed up to Crimson Dreams. In the past few months he had fallen in love with the Marino girl, had two beautiful healthy pups, and now she had recovered back to her old vibrant self leaving him with more free time to complete his goal of getting to know the other pack lands better. He had explained to his beloved that he felt the need to get to know the packs around Crimson Dreams, that it was necessary for him to be able to protect Aro and Sophia better. It was best to know the wolves leading the packs around him in case he ever had to defend the pack from them. This way he'd have a name and a face. Ghita had agreed to give him some extra spare time, to look after the pups for a few day while he went on this small adventure.

Traveling made him happy, perhaps it was the fact that he had traveled with his parents as a pup, or maybe it was just the freedom he felt being on his own. In Halifax he wasn't defined by his rank in the pack, he was his own alpha. He made his own rules and he had no boundaries. It made his blood rush, his heart pump that little bit faster. Jazper adored his leaders and his pack of course, he would give his life up without a thought if it meant the safety of Crimson Dreams but in all honesty it would take a large group of wolves or coyotes to get past the boarders. They weren't a tiny pack and many of them where able fighters, not to mention they had an 8”3 inch tall giant guarding them. If any wolf dared to step foot onto their land with the intention to harm one of his pack mates they would be quite surprised to have to fight him off. Smiling at the thought he continued towards Phoenix Valley. He hadn't been this close to their lands in over a year, since his mom left.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... lelala.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Sorry for lateness, it's around finals time. x_o

Although the pack had been quiet and independent as of late, Jefferson had not been blessed with a similar mildness. As always, the cyclops was constantly plagued with what-ifs and where-ares -- tormented with an unyielding number of questions that he could not answer. The conflict and tension with Inferni the pack had endured a few months back as well as the attack on Xeris and likewise kept the cyclops uneasy and more aware of the surrounding areas, and yet Jefferson had hardly made the effort to check in with the other packs. He'd had good reason not to for some, but no reason he hadn't for others. Inferni was self-explanatory. He knew no souls from Cour des Miracles, but had gotten in touch with Ember as of late and was pleased to know that AniWaya was still his pack's friendly ally. At that time, that was all Phoenix Valley had -- Dahlia was home to two of his half-siblings, one of which bloodthirsty and the other racist. He sighed, wishing the tension his siblings created for him didn't ward the one-eyed idiot from visiting Cercelee.

But what of Crimson Dreams? He'd visited once or twice; he and Kansas were particularly fond of each other, while Jefferson knew very little of Savina and thus had little interest in her. Both Naniko and Geneva had sought refuge from Crimson Dreams by moving to Phoenix Valley -- perhaps Jefferson should have been more inquisitive as to why, but he'd never tried to pry.

It was just beyond his pack borders that the cyclops conveniently met his half-sister. Ever since, the cyclops had been slightly more interested in wandering the short distance away as if he would be lucky to happen upon her again, although Mew probably wanted nothing to do with him anymore. His nose to the air told him that Mew was not the one he had vaguely detected and began to seek; no, there was a Crimson Dreams member about. That pack had very little -- if anything -- to with Phoenix Valley. What would they need around his land?

"You're a little far from home," the cyclops said upon finding the black-furred stranger. Crimson Dreams wasn't just around the corner -- it was quite a distance away. The Patriarch stood straight, tipping his nose just slightly with a less-than-enthused presence on his face. "Are you lost?"

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ableII.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Small amounts of snow graced the ground he walked on, the warmth of his feet melting the thin layer as he walked. Looking back he smiled slightly at the thought of the footprints, how could he get lost when such a neat trail was left? If you ever met the warrior you would never guess that he was actually afraid of going this far from Crimson dreams especially into territory he had never seen before. It scared him that he might accidentally run into coyotes. Of course not all were bad but there did have the stereotype of being rather nasty creatures. At first glance at Jazper most wolves and coyotes alike would probably take a hike in the opposite direction rather quickly. He wasn't a wolf to mess with, nor was his pack. The ebony male already had a game plan if a stranger walked into Crimson Dreams with the intent to hurt someone. It involved lots of blood and guts, specifically that of the opposed. Not that any one wolf or coyote would be able to stand up to his pack, it was filled with fairly decent sized wolves and they had a large number of them.

As his thoughts continued to focus on the pleasant thought of home he walked on only to find himself face to face with yet another new face. He was a fairly good sized wolf, but it seemed that he had perhaps been in perhaps a few too many fights. Golden eyes looked down at the brown hued male as he took in the many scars that lined his body, including a strike that had left the poor male with only one eye. At the question Jazper shrugged, “A little further than usual.” He could remember part of this males scent, it was familiar in a far off memory of his mother, the smell of the Valley. “Your from Phoenix Valley.” He stated more than questioned. It was the same scent, he was sure of it. “My adoptive mother Deuce was once part of the pack. I was just on my way to stop in and meet the leader. My friend Kansas told me his name is Jefferson.” It had surprised him to know that Kansas knew the leader of his mother pack but a name would make finding him much easier.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... lelala.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

For once, Jefferson was not met with a testy stranger; the cyclops had decided early to try greeting foreign faces with something less than intimidating. He had tried neutrality with this one: the approach was emotionless and simple, a few easy questions thrown out that could be quickly answered so Jefferson could direct the male on his way. He was responded to as assumed, being that the black-furred male remained calm and casual, unintimidated by the Patriarch's portrait of scars and brutality worn on his face.

The stranger's intention was clear; he'd come to meet Phoenix Valley's leader, and he was quick to the point. Jefferson could appreciate that; the brute nodded his head gently as he listened and spoke when his turn came. A tattered ear twitched at the sound of Deuce's name, but her son didn't necessarily fall in his mother's tracks, or at least the monster hoped not. "Well, you found him," he shrugged indifferently. "And I'm, well, ...'acquainted' with your mother. I was her replacement when she left." Left, as in ditched us, to be exact. "She never spoke to me about her kids, so I don't have a shot in hell for your name, sorry."

His eye wandered. "Was there a reason you came?" It wasn't necessarily odd that he had come just to meet the leader, but hell. Jefferson had met several Crimson Dreams members, past and present, that never ceased to keep him from wondering. For all he knew, this stranger was no different.

[/html]
[html]

The male before him remained calm and neutral, a type of personality Jazper was not use to. Sure he had come across a few loonies and of course Crimson Dreams wasn't full of overly talkative wolves but they were sure friendly enough. He Sighed internally as he noticed the twitch as he mentioned his mother. She probably left the place in a mess after their old leader passed. She must have left fairly shortly after. As the brown hued male introduced himself, if you could call it that, as the man he was looking for a small smile found itself onto the knights lips. However, as his mother continued to be the subject it faded leaving him just as neutral as the stranger he now knew to be Jefferson. “I'm sure she wouldn't really talk about us much. I'm Jazper Rhiannon-Knight, it's nice to meet you. I share the same rank as Kansas, he said he was a friend of yours.”

Looking around absent mindedly he returned his golden eyes to Jefferson with an apologetic smile“Sorry if mum left you a mess to clean up. She has a habit of doing that. Wouldn't know where she ran off to would you?” He was interested in knowing where Deuce had gone off to after leaving the Valley. After all, she had never returned to Crimson Drams to tell her son where she was going, let alone came to visit after he told her he wished to bring a coyote into the family. If she was still around today she would probably ecstatic that Garnet had left him and how he was happily mated to a she wolf with two healthy pups. “I just wanted to stop in, see how things were going. I don't really know much about the other packs figured now would be a good time before the winter really hits.”

[/html]
[html]

A few stray memories of the old, white wolfess that he had once served beneath came to mind; unfortunately, the memories that sprung forth, though the most prominent, were not the friendliest. In fact, Jefferson had little to no recollections that could be considered "happy" spent with the duel-eyed ex-Shaman. From the beginning, he'd had an unusual resentment for the wolfess -- something very uncharacteristic of Jefferson, though not to be confused with his typical guardianship and protectiveness that could have been confused with resentment. Either way, Deuce had tried to send him away when he'd collapsed starved and half-dead on her borders because of his duel blood -- a racism the hybrid had then never experienced before. Then again, before that moment, he'd been nothing but a one-eyed killing machine, clueless as to where he'd come from or where he was going. That, of course, was up until the bear got to him, and he could barely move around handicapped after that experience.

Focusing back on Jazper's words, the Patriarch smiled slightly at the mention of Kansas. He was rather fond of the cream-colored male, though the two did not meet often; in a way, Kansas' innate kindness reminded him directly of Iskata's, though it was rumored that she had seen her share of conflicts. Jefferson could only hope Kansas wouldn't follow the same path. When the conversation turned back to Deuce, however, that smile faded back to the standard Jefferson-esque expression of pure gruffness. "A mess is right," he sighed. The cyclops had been an amnesiac with no direction for under a year and a subleader within a few months of his first time spent in any time of community. His promotion to leader was unexpected and extreme. "A mess is an understatement, kid. Either way, after she left she wandered around a bit with her lover--," the word was noticeably hissed, "--before I heard she tried to start a pack that failed. Good thing, too." He cleared his throat quickly. "Anyway, last I heard she was in Dahlia, but who knows by now. She's never come to check in."

That said, the cyclops turned some and glanced his single green eye over the snowy hills of Phoenix Valley behind him. "Well, here it is, in all its glory; the pack your mother founded. Vast in land, small in number, and full of loonies and dreamers."

[/html]
[html]

The battered older male in front of him, whom he now knew as Jefferson, continued to look rather grumpy at the continuation of using Deuce as a conversational piece. Jazper had not kept in touch with his adoptive mother much after she was kicked out of Crimson Dreams, a fate he would not ever wish on a member of his pack. The territory had been his home since he was a small boy and he protected every member with his own life, be that the cost of saving theirs. He stood silently, his won face growing into a frown as the brown hues leader spoke of his mother without a speck of respect or loss. Perhaps things in the Valley where not as good as she had boasted to him on their few and scattered visits. However, no matter the males attitude towards the white wolfess who raised him the coal male stood in silence, allowing every word to be taken in with his own quiet opinions. “I am sorry that she was so irresponsible. I'm afraid mom had some issues which usually ended with others being affected the most. If you ever need any assistance I will repay her debt to your pack myself.”

His words were stern, meant in full seriousness. Deuce had started a pack, and left her followers in disaster. “I'm afraid there are no other relations to her left besides myself and a girl by the name of Addison. However, I am entirely serious that you may call on me whenever you wish.” Addison probably had no real connection to Deuce, so the debt was his. Jazper's father had raised him with the values which were out of date. “Not to be rude, but which lover was she with?” It could have been Lucifer, sure, but the white wolfess ran with a few other men in her life. With the news that she had headed for the Dahlia pack and eyebrow raised in curiosity, he would have to visit and see the damage she left behind there. Turning, he looked to the pack land of the Valley as he went to stand beside Jefferson. It truly was a beautiful piece of territory. Chuckling a small smile reapeared, “Well, hate to inform you but the world is full of dreamers and loonies.” His golden eyes turned tot he male, “Is your pack well? Ready for winter?”

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/ ... ls/Lin.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:500px;background-color:#145895;text-align:left;font-family:georgia;font-size:1em;color:#aac5df;">
--
What used to be a house of cards Has turned into a reservoir

Jazper seemed to understand the plight that Jefferson had once endured, though the cyclops could safely assume the black male had never experienced the same. Jefferson straightened his shoulders and released a sigh, nodding as the boy apologized again for his adopted mother's behavior. It was a shame, too; they weren't even related by blood, truly, and thus Jefferson had no qualms about the black boy's existence. "It's no problem of yours. Besides, we're closing in on a year since then -- I think I've learned to manage the pack in that time." A smirk.

When Jazper moved on to mention Addison, however, the playfulness of the Patriarch quickly dissipated. "Addison? How would you have any relation to Addison? She is my adopted daughter; she grew up here in the Valley but moved to Dahlia not long ago. Why you of Crimson Dreams know of her, I can't assume." Considering the overprotective tendencies of the Patriarch, Jazper was met with a suddenly suspicious, one-eyed stare, demanding answers. Why would his daughter have connections to Deuce? ...And would that mean he'd need to be more careful about it? The last thing he wanted was to have Addi turn into another Deuce Rhiannon; or worse, run off and disappear with her as Lucifer and the woman's newborns had. He cleared his throat again, trying to settle himself. "She left here with a black male named Lucifer. Not the brightest or friendliest creature I've met. As far as I know, he didn't make it to Dahlia with her, so he's long gone." If Jazper didn't know of Lucifer, well, Jefferson would consider it a blessing. There was nothing worth knowing about him.

The leader's green eye watched as Jazper moved and surveyed the pack behind him; it was a peaceful and beautiful place even in the depths of winter. "I suppose you're right," he shrugged, gentler demeanor returning. "The world's full of loonies, but they all target us. Either way, they're making do. The pack is tightly knit; they work well with one another. I run a smart, well-rounded bunch... I'm proud to be their leader." He didn't say it often, but it was true: the smile on his face was genuine as he stared out at the land as pleasantly as the stranger.

[/html]
[html]

WC:450+

OOC: Sorry abotu the wait! Shall we wrap up?

Although Jefferson was right, it had been about a year since his mother disappeared, he still figured himself indebted to the alpha male. His mother has caused a lot of trouble in her life and he was the one who would fix things for the Rhiannon name. After all, if Ghita and himself had any more pups the Rhiannon line may have a new pup to carry the name. This being the case, Jazper did not want one of his children being thought down on because of his own mothers wrong doings. However, Jazper planned on carrying on his own name sake, and that of his mates before his mother or father got any credit. The Marino line was a growing name, made of proud and good folk. He could only wish that maybe the Knight name would live on in such a manner and grow as the Marino's had.

The brown hues male quickly turned from his sweet demeanor that he has possessed only seconds ago. Jazper's own golden eyes growing with curiosity at the edginess, Jefferson sure was a moody one. Clearing his throat the warrior quickly explained, “Well, Before the fire I was in the care of one Dierdre Rhiannon, the daughter of Deuce. However, she never came to the new lands and I, along with her family, presumed her dead. I met Addison a little while back and was curious why she had the name Rhiannon and as it turns out her mother is the same Dierdre that never came to the new lands.” He hoped the explanation was clear and detailed enough, or not as detailed as to bore Jefferson. “Which makes her and I related, kinda.” It was interesting for the ebony male to learn that his new relation of sorts was also adopted, by Jefferson himself.

At the mention of Lucifer his ears perked up as he began to chuckle from the leaders opinion of him. “Yes, yes. Lucifer was my father figure. Gave me the blood to shift and the drive to impress. Can't say much of anything good about him besides that. Well, that and because of him no one questioned him being my father, saved me a lot of explaining.” It was true, if Deuce had been with someone else, like a tanned wolf, Jazper would have looked right out of place with his jet black fur. Looking out at Pheonix Valley it seemed like only yesterday Deuce had taught him to read on the old comfy chair in the mansion. He nodded along as Jefferson chatted about the pack. “Well, they've got themselves a proper leader now.” Jazper was glad that even after the mess Deuce left, everything had been put back into place.

[/html]