color my world
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... essban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Private. 300+ words.

######The trip here was significantly shorter than the trip she had taken so long ago from dahlia de Mai to Crimson Dreams. It was also a shorter trip than the times she had tried to come closer to Inferni (and so far, with absolutely no success, which was very annoying). As a result, Princess had been happy to travel in her shifted form, the one she generally preferred. She simply looked so much prettier in this form, and my, did she look pretty today! The air was chilly this morning, but the rain had not come yet and showed no signs of coming soon, so the girl had spent some time fixing her long curls nicely and put on one of her least worn dresses, a very simply white sundress. She had no reason to get dolled up other than wanting to look nice for anyone who saw her, just incase this pack was like Inferni in that they did not want anyone coming too close. Princess did not think this was likely, though, considering this was where Hemming had said he was from. Princess wanted to see the tribe, AniWaya, out of curiousity.

######She studied the fence structure, making sure to keep herself out of the actual territory, though she was very close. Just because she was incredibly nosy a bit of a brat did not mean that she was willing to trespass, just as she would not trespass if she went to Inferni. Of course, it seemed that no one thought it was a good idea for her to go there without trespassing, either. Stepping closer to the fence, Princess leaned forward against it, crossing her arms across it. Maybe she was too close now, but she could always feign complete innocence if anyone said something to her about it. As it was, it wasn't as if she was actually doing anything wrong. All that she was doing was standing there, and as far as she knew, that wasn't something she could get in much trouble for. She looked around her, wondering what came next. The tribe had been intriguing, but now that she was there and so close, she did not know what she was supposed to do. Waiting for someone was an option, but what if they were not nice to her? It would be a shame, and she hoped that would not be the case today.

Table by Erin!
[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... uetree.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby: I fail.
Word count: 398. Worth 2 points

Hanna just couldn't wipe the grin off her face. The pregnancy had gone well, the birthing had gone smoothly, and the little pup that was nestled in the deerskin sling over Hanna's shoulder was a dream to care for, sleeping well and often between feedings. The medic had stayed close to home for a week, but she was thinking now of visiting some family and friends, both those who had known she was pregnant and those who had not. Perhaps especially those who had not. She knew they would all be as pleased as she was, if a little curious as to who the father was and a little worried at the incongruous behavior that had led to Desiree's arrival.

Hanna was dressed against the cold as much as her daughter was, wearing her dress clothes. The blouse was loose enough to facilitate nursing and the pants were rather warm with the legs rolled down where they were supposed to be. The white and khaki clothing looked good on her, too, which was a plus in her opinion. After all, what better way to present her princess to the world than dressed her best?

Something that Hanna did think about while she was going was Revian's proposal. She had not given him an answer; she was not entirely sure whether she wanted a mate or not. It had always been her dream, to have a good mate, a passel of kids, and an altogether good life, but now that she had Désirée, everything else paled in comparison. Her brow furrowed. What kind of guy proposed just after learning that the object of his affection had her baby? Well, maybe he genuinely cared. She would have to see, then let him know.

As Hanna neared the fence, Cian by her side and completely visible, a figure caught her attention. It was a girl, leaning on the fence staring in at the territory. Hanna quickly replaced the frown with a bright and welcoming smile, eager to please if the young lady were a joiner. She stepped up to the fence, hoping the tiger would not alarm her, and spoke. "Hi, there. Can I help you?" She noted a familiar scent; it was the same as the borders she had unwillingly violated at Crimson Dreams, and like Maldrid, who had entertained her there instead of getting upset with her.

Speak, think, act

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... essban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

300+ words.

######Her thoughts were a mixture of good and bad, naturally flooded with the current dramatic situation with Haven. It was terribly confusing, and Princess had absolutely no idea what she was going to do about him. She had not seen her brother since their birthday alone, and the pack celebration with everyone else, and that was well over two months since they had last seen one another. It was possible he had chosen to leave and had not said anything to her about it, but she doubted that was the case at all. If he went anywhere, he would tell her and try to bring her with him, even if she did not think she would go. There were other possibilities regarding the scarcity of her brother, such as him actually telling Mati how he felt about her, or maybe something had happened to him. Princess was not all that worried, though; they had taken care of themselves for so long that they could both handle themselves well. It was a complicated situation, with or without him present.

######A voice, friendly and melodic, reached her ears, drawing her attention up from the ground she had been looking at within the territory. "I was just loo--" she began to speak before actually looking up, and when she did look up, she was startled into a moment of silence, so very rare for her. What the hell was that thing standing next to the woman!? Not only did she not know what the creature was, she was completely astonished that the woman seemed content to let it be so close when she was carrying what seemed to be, judging by the size of the pouch and smell over the distance, a child. The woman obviously belonged to the tribe, so it seemed that Princess had found what she had been looking for, but after a brief moment of looking over the woman, her eyes settled on the other creature once again. "Excuse me, but just what is that with you?" she asked, tone mildly indignant as she swept her hand toward the tiger as a form of explanation. Of course she had seen animals other than wolves and luperci, but certainly nothing of this nature. Princess couldn't even begin to imagine what the other creature was, or why it was with the woman.

Table by Erin!
[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... uetree.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby: I fail.
Word count: 310. Worth 2 points

The guest began to speak, but as Hanna had feared, the agouti girl was startled by the presence of Cian. Hanna could understand; when she had first met the Spirit Animal, Hanna had ended up in Rabbit Lake when she woke with his face in hers. Fish breath was not pleasant to wake to. Stifling a chuckle, Hanna let herself through the nearby hole in the fence, Cian trailing alongside her and pausing to let her through first. She approached Princess, stopping some five or six feet away, and let her hand smooth along Cian's head and behind his ear to scratch his chin. The big cat nearly purred, and Hanna did chuckle then.

Her gaze returned to the other wolf's face, a grin planted across her lips, and she spoke in explanation. "I am Hanna, Gata Hineyu of Aniwaya. This," she indicated the bundle in front of her, "is my daughter, Désirée, and this over sized kitten is Cian. He is my Spirit Animal." Hanna took a similar pose to what Princess's had been, elbows placed on the fence, staring back in at her home.

"So what are you looking at? I mean... is there anything that I can help you with?" The view from where they were standing was lovely, it was true, but there was not much to really see. Cian took a seat near her feet, very like a cat in that he was basically in her way. But Hanna appreciated the warmth at her feet. A small squeak alerted her to her daughter's awakening, and Hanna moved the folds of her little carrier to tickle at Desi's belly. The pup was a week old, and Hanna knew her eyes would open soon. She was pleased about this; Hanna had been curious as to what the pup's eyes would look like, given her parentage.

Speak, think, act

[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

######At least she had not been laughed at right away. If the AniWayan woman had laughed at her, Pricess surely would have been very offended and she would have made it very well known right away. As much as she tried to consider herself a big improvement over her mother, the truth was, she was still a very high maintenance girl, and it was her experience that told her that many people were not fond of such a trait. it seemed that the woman's laughter was more for the large feline than her, for which the girl was glad. She did not mind the close proximity of the older woman, though the cat's closeness was a little unnerving. The explanation did not shed any light on the situation, since she had absolutely no idea what a Spirit Animal was. When she had met Hemming, he had mentioned that there were differences between a regular pack and a tribe; perhaps this was one of those differences and she just did not understand it yet.

######Peering at the small bundle that Hanna was holding, Princess wondered what, exactly, it would be like to be a mother. Someday, she hoped to have the chance to find out for herself, but she doubted it would be possible, considering her current situation. Obviously, she knew that she wasn't in love with Haven, and she did not think that they were mates or that they would be soon, but there was always the possibility. . . What would they do then? "Not really, I guess I'm just nosing around." Better here than around Inferni. "I'm Princess Chance; it's nice to meet you, Hanna, and congratulations on the new puppy. Excuse me, but what is a Spirit Animal?" Hemming had never mentioned such a thing, and she was still very wary of the tiger, even if Hanna seemed to like having it around and even gave it a name. In that case, the tiger couldn't be that bad.

Table by Erin!
[/html]
[html]
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby: A bit rambly. I did this at nearly 6 am, so it may be a little incoherent.
Word count: 378. Worth 2 points SSWM

At her words and her somewhat subtle crane of the neck to look into the bundle, Hanna reached up and released the knot at her left shoulder, allowing the fabric to come free. She wrapped the blanket neatly around Désirée's little form, then lifted her to shoulder level, facing her toward Princess. The blue merle coloring would still be evident on Desi's face; the blanket was for warmth, not so much to hide her markings. A fond smile was still plastered on Hanna's face. She could not help it, she was just so happy.

"Nosing around is fine by me. Would you like to look around?" Hanna knew nothing of what was happening between the various packs, but surely Dawali would have told them if they were not to have visitors that were not of relation or close friendship. Or somebody would have, Ember, another pack member. So she saw no problem with showing the girl their way of life, the ways AniWaya differed from other pack lands. First was the Spirit Animal, which Hanna took no time in beginning to explain.

"A Spirit Animal is exactly that. Cian is.. not entirely there. For example: Cian would you oblige?" The tiger rolled his eyes and laughed at Hanna, but disappeared for several beats, at least to Princess' eyes, before returning to full view. "And yet he is visible, audible, and can be scratched, which he rather seems to adore." Her brow furrowed for a moment as she thought of some of the other ways AniWaya was different from another pack.

While she thought, Désirée somewhat conveniently grew hungry. Her little cries that Hanna had come to recognize so, soon had her holding her child to her breast, her little suckling noises utterly adorable, at least to the ebony female. "Ahh. Anyway, we also choose to train and ride horses, though we are not the only ones. Cour des Miracles does this as well. During the correct seasons, we grow crops for both ourselves and the animals." Thinking back on the ceremony they had had just before she had given birth, she added on a little explanation of ceremonies and what they were basically a symbol of. Then she fell silent, waiting for Princess' reply.

Speak, think, act

[/html]
[html]

514 words.

######Princess smiled at the small bundle, making note of the strange markings on the young girl’s face. She had never seen anything like that, and did not know if it might be a common coloring, but she certainly did not want to offend Hanna, especially since she was willing to let Princess look around. It was not a frequent occurrence that she was allowed to actually look around in a pack. Goodness knows that Princess had been trying to do that with Inferni enough, and she had been shot down each time. She had no idea why the coyotes of the clan were so opposed to wolves, or what was even so dangerous about the clan in the first place, so she was incredibly curious and it was infuriating to constantly be shot down at her few attempts of seeing more of the elusive clan. She did not find the tribe as intriguing as the clan, but it did seem interesting, considering the differences that were obvious. Hemming had not been able to describe the differences much at all, but Hanna seemed much more able to do so, and she also seemed to be more than willing to share her knowledge and time with the young Dreamer. “I would very much like to look around and hear more about the tribe, if you would. I met someone once, a long time ago, from here, but he could not tell me much about how the tribe differs from any other pack.”

######As the tiger disappeared from her line of vision, Princess stared at the spot it had occupied skeptically until it finally returned. If she had not already expressed her shock about its presence when it had first arrived with the ebony wolf, she surely would have expressed some form of shock, but now there was nothing left of that emotion. She was simply flustered, but kept her frustration inside, again trying to avoid offending anyone. It bothered her to not understand something right away, and the concept of a spirit animal was incredibly foreign to her, and she was not sure she particularly liked it. The other differences she mentioned were less bizarre, as she knew that many members of Cour des Miracles did have their own horses. “Does everyone have a spirit animal here? How come they are only here, and not in any of the packs or anything?” That was probably the part that bothered her the most, since Dahlia de mai and Crimson Dreams both lacked anything of the sort. She wanted to know what it was, exactly, that made the tribe different enough to have something so strange as these spirit animals. “I knew that Cour des Miracles had horses, though. I have a. . . Friend there, and he has a stallion, named Drogon. Do any of the other packs? Crimson Dreams doesn’t have anything like that,” she continued, trying to cover her pause as she tried to determine what she was supposed to call Haven. He was a friend, certainly, but so much more than that, as well.

Table by Erin!
[/html]
OOC: Hanna walks Princess around and shows her the various things of the tribe and lands, then walks her back to the borders.