Running up that hill
[html]

sorry for my failness.

The house was quiet. It was so loud for so long that the silence was wonderful and wary at the same time as the crackle of the fire from within the fireplace was the most noise, the wind was light outside the thick walls of the house as the chilly cold rain fell much lighter and maybe there would be snow. Standing still against the doorway into the kitchen Leroy let his red eyes look over his sleeping children, Kable was laying in a limp pile of sleep fur as he sprawled out on far side of the couch. Smiling Leroy's hard, unfriendly features were replaced with his his rare kind and warm traits that are hardly seen by every passer-bye. His handsome face was almost like a pattnered angel as he let the serect part out, his children are somthing that he will always welcome to his side of him.

Glancing over to Amaranth the father's heart almost melted in his strong, wide chest. Her patterned form reminded him so much of his own sibling that he seen so long ago. Her plump, growing form looked so comfortable laying on the thick pelt he place near enough to the fire place. Leroy would do anything for those two, he would die and kill for them. A small chuckle left his throat at the sight of Amarantha twitching slightly in her sleep, curling up with her tail tucked under her chin looked so adoreable to him. Leroy liked to watch them like these, still and quite with their true selves naked to his eyes.

Touching the thick painful scabs that made his left eye look aweful Leroy whinced, sadly Kable was curoise and Amaranth was sad for him when they seen it. "Daddy!? Your oeil sa blessure ! Both of them were taking to both languages so well. Moving to the counter Leroy looked at every item he has gathered, making sure he has everything he needs. This brute is no healer, that is for sure but he knows well enough to clean his wounds. There was a pan of warm water, couple of clothes, and a few leaves of the onl herb he knew. Leroy's patterned hands picked up the cloth and damped it in the warm water, being quite the husky rubbed it over his eye to removed all the collected dirt and blood. The tingling pain moved all over his face as he placed the cloth back into the pan. brows pushed together as a annoyed look crossed his face as the blood mingled with the water. Today is a rare day, everything is soo calm.

thinking talking pups talking

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... _table.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

ooc: Hello! Sorry this took so long :3

The wind was soft against her cheek, but the sleeting rain brought little comfort. It chilled upon cream fur, created little icy crystals on her long, dark eyelashes. The old oil-skinned hood that the woman wore drew tightly about slender shoulders, covered the beautiful features of her face in shadow, but for the piercing green eyes and protruding pink nose.

She watched the house warily, as if it would suddenly awaken from it's silent slumber and snarl at her presence. Her insides were all jittery, and so Alaine clutched just a little tighter at the healer's pouch she had brought with her, clawed fingers needling it's tough leather exterior.

The smell of Leroy was everywhere. A little overwhelmed, the young beauty second-guessed her decision to come here... But it had been mentioned by folks passing through the Chien Hotel that the handsome male inside had wounded his eye, and probably knew little on how to tend it carefully. Some sort of responsibility had gripped her then - Leroy had been the one to let her and her then-ill son, Caillen, stay in the pack. Whether the young mother wanted to acknowledge it or not, she owed the handsome brute their lives - The coming winter was already brutal and bitter, and they would not have survived it alone.

Reluctantly, the slender feo walked up the stairs at the front of the house, and knocked gingerly on the wooden door. Wishing she'd worn something less revealing than the red cloak and the short summer-green dress, the lady called out softly.

" Leroy? It's Alaine. Are you there?"

Speak think walk
Table © Marit <3

[/html]
[html]

no problem ^^.

The sound that worked it's way into the house, and into Leroy's ears made his ears twitch. Pausing for a moment the black and white male stared off at nothingness as he listened, letting the voice find the face deep in his mind. The small fact that it was pack was relaxing but his calm an content face switched ever so slightly, stepping behind his normal self. Putting his things down on the kitchen counter the hybrid moved quitely across the living to the door, glancing back for a moment with his crimson eyes to make sure his children were still sleeping. And they were asleep, deep asleep in their own young dreams.

Stepping out onto the porch Leroy's face was curious for a moment, ears forward with his chin long hair hanging all around his face. Red eyes scanned over the area in one swift, yet slow movement as he looked at the woman he had meet before. Blinking for a moment Leroy stepped further out onto the porch as he gave her a greeting nod, he has nothing against her, though why she was here made him wounder. "Yes, I'm here..Alaine, if that's right." Pushing his hair out of his eyes by habit Leroy rose a brow from a second as he looked at her bag as well her demender,"What is it that brings you out here?" Speaking in a calm voice, listening to both his new company and for his sleeping pups.

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... _table.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

ooc: :]

For a good long moment, she thought that the husky-hued brute inside wasn't going to answer. The wind was really quite cold, and by the time he finally opened the door Alaine was shivering pathetically, trying to keep herself warm by wrapping her arms loosely about her slender waist. For a second, there was the familiar surge of fear - Leroy was still very, very tall, very broad of shoulder and well-muscled. She had an uncomfortable flash-back to when she had first seen the black and ivory male, with his coppery-red eyes filled with anger and pity as he watched the near famished mother try to steal a calf for her sick son.

But, in spite of that, those ruby-red eyes surveyed her calmly, but for the one that was scabbed over with blood. There was no anger in them now, and she relaxed slightly, letting her fingers loosen their death-grip on the leather satchel and it's healing contents.

" Yes, that's right. I came to..." For a moment, her teeth chattered against the cold, shimmering beads of rain dripping down auburn curls, " To offer my assistance. A few pack members have mentioned that your eye was wounded, and I thought..."

She hesitated again, a nervous little doe with wide green eyes that watched him warily, waiting for any displays of aggression. It was obvious that Alaine still had no trust in any adult wolves, let alone this one... Perhaps especially this one. She couldn't forget how agitated he had been with their first confrontation. Clearing her throat, the slender beauty showed the handsome male her little pouch of healing ingredients, herbs and laced poultices and suchlike that she'd been gathering since her stay in the Chien Hotel.

" Well, I thought I'd dress your eye properly. It would be dangerous to get an infection that close to the sclera. You could end up losing the vision in that eye."

Speak think walk
Table © Marit <3

[/html]
[html]

i enjoy Alaine, she is soo cute!

While the pretty woman spoke to Leroy, listening he couldn't help but think she looked pityful out in the cold. Though one who wasn't very 'big' into clothes, he did think her dress and hood was interesting. Listening to the woman's voice his ears moved calmly, which shifted his rough hair ever so sligthly on his head. Remaining quite the husky waved a hand with a slight tilit of the head in a inviting motion towards the house.thinking "Thankyou for offering you services...we haven't had a healther for sometime." Svara. His chest tightened deep within him at tghe thought of his ex-mate, though he quickly pushed it away before it would appear on his features. Blinking, the hybrid's eyes looked back at Alaine's green ones when he spoke. thinking Come on inside., you'll feel much better."

HIs large patterned body turned towards the slightly open door more, moving his crimson eyes away from his company, looking at his sleeping children who relaxed him and made him so protective at the same time. thinking "I know simple things but not enough to safe somthing if it really came down to it, I wouldn't doubt it if I lost my sight with my healing skills."

In a quite, smooth movement Leroy stepped into the livingroom, muscles moved together effortlessly as his tail swayed behind uncurled.thinking "Hungry?" HIs question hung in the air quitely, leaving the door open for her to enter out of the weather. Grabbing a thick blanket off the couch he paused, she looked at him like she had when he first meet her, when he wanted to attack her on the spot. Letting it slip his mind his listened as his face throbbed.

[/html]
[html]

ooc: Thanks! She thinks Leroy's very handsome, but scary XD I think he's a hunk XP

After her little speech, whatever confidence the young beauty had stored up for this meeting seemed to slip away. She fidgeted nervously under the gaze of those ruby eyes, her own wild emerald peering up at him from beneath thick lashes. Still no aggression, but it was clear that Leroy was thinking about something carefully. Finally, he stepped back from the doorway and made a gesture to welcome her inside, into the warmth.

" T-t-thank you, Leroy."

Her teeth still chattering from the cold, it was all the exotic mother could do not to sigh openly at the warmth that caressed her pelt from the inside of the house. Enjoying the little moment of bliss as the door shut with a soft click behind her, Alaine almost didn't notice the pups asleep in the corner. Leroy was already moving through the house, but her attention was clearly stolen by the little bundles of fur, emerald eyes wide and soft. The pups reminded her of her own son, and... Wait a minute, hadn't she met these pups before?

Ayita... These were Ayita's pups. She'd tended to one of the she-wolf's wounds, and had met them. No wonder those adorable little faces registered in her mind! With feline curiosity, Alaine turned to pad softly into the living-room after Leroy, her jade eyes watching him intently. Imagine that, the ferocious Leroy, a loving father! Momentarily, the she-dog seemed to forget that she was afraid of him; When Leroy turned to look at her, the meek beauty smiled softly, her eyes sparkling at him almost merrily in the soft light.

" I didn't know you had children... They are very beautiful. You must be proud."

Her soft, melodic voice was soothing almost. But when her eyes notices the muscles in the husky's back and chest, she seemed to freeze up again, that fear returning to linger in her bewitching eyes. Leroy was handsome, undeniably, but her past forbid her from appreciating any of those physical attributes. There was clearly some sort of darkness in her past, something that haunted the young beauty to this day. Clearing her throat, she stepped forward, took off the wet hood and folded it neatly over a chair. Putting the small pouch down, she gestured for Leroy to take a seat on a nearby chair, before smoothing down her thin green dress and tucking the stray curls of fiery auburn behind her floppy ears.

" If you'll just take a seat, I'll see what I can do."

Speak think walk
Table © Marit <3

[/html]
[html]

I think Alaine is such a cute character, Leroy is just a Grinch. :]

Opening his eyes from behind his thick, black lashes his ears moved at the sound of the new member's voice. He didn't have to look over at her to know she was entering in behind him, the small sounds of the house told him that. Turning back Leroy looked at the other doggish hybrid that was quite, blinking his red eyes glanced for a moment as she looked at his children. Guess a mother loves most children, in the same way that's why in invited her in because of her son.

He wondered why she was smiling but he didn't really care, if something made her happy then he guessed it was the reaction one used. Alaine's words about Kable and Amaranth almost surprised him, not many people have talked to him about his children or have seen them since they have grown. "Not many visit here lately, thank you." Pausing his handsome face was calm but almost confused at her words, looking at his children for a moment he returned his eyes and spoke again."Of course, I'm proud of them. They still have so much to learn." His voice was warm as it left his lips.

Her unspoken reaction....from something he did made him pull away from the warmth that showed, he was calm and relaxed but the husky was still away on a level. Without saying anything Leroy moved to the empty chair that was close to the one that Alaine was seated in, lowering himself into the chair is supported his weight as he glanced at her small bag. "Here, if you need to dry yourself off." Putting the blanket on the table, closer to Alaine but out of the way of her supplies. Pushing his hair out of his eyes a sigh left him. There are usually two reasons someone is very close and touches him, it is either during sex or during battle. He might be slightly unsettled but Leroy makes sure he doesn't show it. "Do what you have to Doctor, I'm good at listening.."

[/html]
[html]

ooc: :] a HANDSOME grinch.

She listened to his replies with one ear cocked towards him, her attention mainly centered on pulling the contents of her little healer's pouch out onto the table. Creamy white hands pulled out some strange-looking flowers and herbs, a little wooden bowl and a flat, grey rock. The contents looked a little bit strange and odd, but she knew what to do with them. Finally, she also took out a scrap of black material which she had previously made into a sort of eye-patch.

She turned and smiled graciously as the handsome husky offered her a blanket, and for the first time realized that she was pretty much soaked through to the skin. Shivering, though the inside of the hut was warm, Alaine nodded in thanks and pulled the woolen blanket over her shoulders. Sighing contently at the warmth it brought, she finally answered Leroy.

" Thank you. Alright... I'm going to need you to lean back in the chair, and point your nose to the ceiling, so I can work on your eye. The poultice I'm making might sting a little bit, but it's for your own good, I promise."

Her voice was soft and musical compared to the black and white male's baritone, rough tone. She frowned slightly in concentration, the expression pretty on the collie-woman's well bred face. Using the wooden bowl and the rock, she ground up some of the leaves and flowers into a sticky green paste. Adding little bits of strange-smelling powders and various healing materials, she finally deemed the mixture suitable, and turned back to her patient. Alaine stood, and moved over to his head, her wide emerald eyes showing her nerves as they avoided the piercing ruby of his. Leroy was very handsome, but he still scared her plenty.

" Okay, stay still... This will only take a moment. Try and ignore the pain."

She leaned over, almost close enough that their noses were touching, her deft fingers quickly smearing the poultice over his wounded eye. Aware of how close they were, her body shivered uneasily.

Speak think walk
Table © Marit <3

[/html]
[html]

yus he is but Alaine is cute! Like a little elf :}

Taking his seat Leroy was quite for a moment, watching with what vision he had as Alaine started to take out some of her supplies. So odd. There was many different things that he has never used before, though some he has seen Svara carry. Breathing,the husky glanced over towards his sleeping children for a second, just long enough to see that their sleeping forms remained where they were supposed to be.

Looking back at his 'doctor'(that was most likely the nickname he would call he for a while), Leroy's head tilted ever so slightly as he watched her mess with the strange stuff. Yes it was odd to him but he would guess the way he built things were odd to her. Her words brought his eyes up to meet her green, contrasting ones, ears fanning forward it brought his bangs in his eyes again. Raising a brow and looking through his lashes Leroy wasn't going to complain, he would rather much keep his eye. "Ok, but sting for my own good? Sounds like your angry at me." Leroy's voice was handsome and smooth like normal, but he picked just slightly with the pretty woman. Though many would get enjoyment out of bringing him pain, hell he never firefly would have a damn ball.

Leaning back the chair squeaked slightly as his shoulders leaned onto the chair and Leroy's head was hanging back staring up at the ceiling, leaning back it pulled the short,fine, and soft hairs of his underbelly an chest and it showed his muscles between move and pull with his movements. Shaggy hair fell back away from his face and it felt nice, listening to her mess with her things Leroy breathing in the different scents he didn't know. Arms hung limp beside the chair, they were relaxed and yet it felt odd with her in the home when he would normally be annoyed. She offered help and he knows this wound is out of his range, Leroy might be stubborn but he wants to see.

Listening to her get up Leroy felt uneasy, though nothing was showed when she steped close to his head and exposed throat. He felt the strong need to cover his throat from her, this exposer made him feel weak. Along with the fact the way she looked at him made him feel odd, he knew it was easier this way, that he doesn't need anything, anyone. Meeting her eyes for a moment Leroy calmly looked away, he studied a spot in the wall that he would have never looked at before. Yup just look away from the pretty girl that is leaning in your face." "no rush Doctor, I'll be ok" Breathing, Leroy refused to let himself get pulled into the world of women again. When Alaine was almost nose to nose he eyes moved against his will to meet her green ones, looking away where ever he could Leroy noted that she smelled good. "Where did you learn this stuff, healing?"

[/html]
[html]

ooc: Bahaha, I love your post XD

He replied with a voice smooth as honey, and Alaine felt a disgruntled warmth flush her face in a blush. Thankfully, it was hidden under her creamy fur. Embarrassed by her reaction, the young woman set about concentrating fully on tending Leroy's eye. Her fingers were light and soft, dancing over the torn flesh with skilled ease and caution, so as not to hurt him. She applied the goo thickly over the lashes, then moved down further to do the same to the neat cross on his upper cheek, just below the eye. His question startled her out of her deep concentration, and Alaine jolted slightly, her emerald gaze meeting his before shyly darting away.

" Oh, umm... When I was little. My mother was good at it, and I learned by watching her..."

She spoke in a soft, melodic voice. What was it about Leroy that was making her so darned jumpy? Scooping some more of the green poultice from the wooden bowl, she gently prodded it into the open, raw skin, wincing as she knew that it would sting quite a bit. To try and distract Leroy, she continued to talk, unaware of how her moving about brought their bodies more into contact.

" It interested me, I suppose. I like healing, making others feel a little better. We lived near the 'yotes territory, and we'd often get strangers wander through more than a little mangled up from confrontations. I helped my mother stitch them up, then send them on their way."

She began to hum quietly, the tune pretty and light. Her mother used to sing while tending wounds, but Alaine was far to shy to sing infront of a stranger, so she hummed instead.

Speak think walk
Table © Marit <3

[/html]
[html]

aww owo

The room was so quite aside from the rythem of the rain falling down on the house, it was relaxing besides the fact their was a stranger in his home while his children slept. Looking up at the wall above him, Leroy looked at the nothingness when Alaine's finger's pressed into his senstive wound. The sting made thew huskys's cheek jump slightly while his brow tensed in response before quickly relaxing again, taking a deep breath he tried to think about anything else.

Leroy was almost suprised when the womaned by his voice, whincing slightly his eyes caught hers before looking away from him. It was that fearful look that reminded him that this is business, she is her to do her job and nothing more. Leroy's shaggy hair fell freely behind his head while his ears turned slightly at her words, listening made him feel strange and almost annoyed that he had to do this. Sit soo open to her and yet she put this strange things in his eye. "interesting.." His response was simple and his normal rough tone. When Alaine pressed harder a sudden shot of pain filled him, swiftly his right hand darted forward slamming into the table loudly. Not very loud but the sound was sudden in the quite room. His red eye unwilling meet hers, staring at her face while a silent whince twitched through his handsome face. Looking away his fingers flexed as his claws dug into the wood of the table, his arm flexed slightly as his clawed hand held onto the table.
"Ouch.."

Letting a sigh out slowly Leroy relaxed his face while his hand remained flexed, so what if it hurts he doesn't want her to know it. Maybe she was sent her as a sad joke on him? Breathing her scent was falling all around him and it was starting to make him feel traped, almost like he has no room to breath. Leroy caught himself looking at her bright curly hair, its pretty but this male has no will to look for women. Listening to her talk again Leroy dug his claws into the table for his pain, jaw flexing here and there with his poke. Leroy wanted to pull away from this forced closeness, she was touching him and so close that his ears flattened on his head. "It's good..ouch..that you have this talent. Our last healer....she died" Quickly Leroy let the thought fade as he spoke again, her tone sounded nice and strange. "Thats nice."

[/html]
[html]

ooc: Poor Leroy XP

She had expected some sort of reaction from what must have been a pretty painful sting, but when Leroy's clawed hand whipped out lightning quick to strangle the leg of the table she jolted back, fear and surprise evident in the way inverted emerald eyes watched him with nauseating intensity, and her heart leaped up into her throat. For a moment, the silence was so thick that Alaine could have sworn the black and white husky would be able to hear her heartbeat, quick and light as a hummingbird. But he merely avoided her gaze until the intensity of the pain seemed to wear off, before looking away again.

Humming again, softer and more nervously now, Alaine hesitantly set back to tending his wound. In a few moments, his eye would go numb from the poultice, and he wouldn't be able to feel it at all. She was quickly enveloped back into the process of doctoring that the pretty young lady did not notice Leroy's jaw grit, nor the way he seemed urgent to get away from her. At his words, though, her eyes lifted quickly to his ruby red ones again.

" I'm... Sorry. Nobody told me about her before..."

Alaine shrugged offhandedly. In the small amount of time she's been with this pack, the cream beauty had already realized that the previous healer had died. It was not that fact which had piqued her curiosity - more that nobody would talk about the deceased. She'd once overheard the woman's name - Svara? - but that was all, and Alaine was far to sensible to pry.

" Almost done, now - You shouldn't be able to feel pain anymore."

Done dabbing at his eye, the collie-woman straightened and gave Leroy a bit more space to breath. She surveyed her handy-work critically a moment, before nodding with a satisfied grin.

" You will keep all the vision in your eye, but those scars will probably be permanent. I've done what I can to take away the pain - If it gets unbearable, fetch me, and I'll apply more of the poultice."

Her slender, feminine fingers reached passed the handsome male to retrieve the scrap of fabric she'd fashioned into an eye-patch, and offered it to him gingerly. It wasn't necessary, but would probably help the healing process go by quicker.

Speak think walk
Table © Marit <3

[/html]
[html]

sorry for my failness.

Breathing he waited for the moment to pass when it was so quite, he didn't expect for her to jump but then again she might not have expected him to jump either. Watching his spot on the wall Leroy remained still, he could feel her poking and messing with his wound but pain was slowly fading away. The burning tingle transformed into a different tingling that spreaded all around his eye. Looking up his eyes were meet with her green ones and her red curly hair, holding her gaze he slowly looked away again. Why does she have to be so close?! He couldn't help but breath in her scent, if he avoided it the husky might as well suffcate himself.

Listening to her speak Leroy's face hardened slightly against his will. Svara is gone and he knows that but why it hurts still he has no idea but he has things to be happy about. Kable and Amaranth. "She died before you and your son arrived...it's ok."
She touched his face still alittle and his eyes looked back up as his shaggy hair fell away, leaving his eyes easy to see. When Alaine stepped back a sigh left him and somthing inside him relaxed. Watching her he slowly leaned back up in his sit as she stepped away, blinking the black and white male left his wounded eye shut by reflex.

"Yea it's there...much better when it doesn't hurt." he said smoothly in that handsome voice that left his throat. Sitting still his ears flickered as she put the last of the bandages on his wounded eye. Watching, he listened to her speak again about the wound and for a moment he let his red eyes linger on her features. "As long as i can see i'm happy, scars aren't that bad anyway. Some people find them attractive.." Pausing he pushed his bangs back as he slowly stood up. "I'll do that if it starts to act up, here i'll get you some food for your troubles." His normal rough voice left his lips as his handsome face turned towards the kitchen, walking he quitly grabbed a back of dried meat as he glanced over towards the Alaine.

thinking talking

[/html]
[html]

ooc: sorry for the late reply! <3

Once she'd leaned back and away, it was almost as if Leroy could breath again. She watched, intrigued and curious, by the way he instantly relaxed now that she was a body's distance away from him. It seemed that her being close to the handsome black and white male had made him rather uncomfortable. Had she not been focused on the act of mending his eye, Alaine surely would have felt incredibly nervous and timid being so close to so much male muscle. She nodded at his mention of the eye not hurting anymore, and smiled prettily in relief. It meant another job well done.

His next words made her stiffen involuntarily again. Some people found scars sexy, but Alaine had seen and tended to so many of the wounds that caused them that she'd little appreciation for the way they could mar a face. Instinctively, her own hand lifted up to rub over the deep grooved in her shoulder - They were the lasting reminders of her past, of Caillen's father. The four jagged claw-marks would remain embedded in her skin for the rest of her life, just as the memories would.

Shaking off the broken feeling, Alaine let her beautiful emerald eyes trail after Leroy as he rose.

" Thank you, that would be nice."

As if in reply to his words, she felt her stomach grumble slightly. Alaine hadn't eaten all day - She'd been very busy. She'd hunted this morning for food for Caillen and her newest charge, Sylvie, but hadn't had time to eat any of the hares herself. Though she'd put on a lot more weight since having joined the Cour des Miracles pack, the young healer was still elegantly thin, less muscled than the majority of the other feos here. It was something she couldn't really help - whilst they'd been bred over generations for strength and stamina, Alaine had been bred for beauty, for grace. She'd taught herself how to hunt, and though she was actually rather good at catching small prey, she would have been pretty much useless in helping to bring down larger stuff.

Gathering her healing stuff, the young woman began to pack it away, occasionally let her eyes drift to the kitchen, where Leroy was finding her something to eat.

Speak think walk
Table © Marit <3

[/html]