silhouette
[html]

WC 300+

He disliked traveling in his Optime form, especially when there was a thin layer of wet snow underfoot. So he headed in the direction of AniWaya in the shape of a wolf, the one he most preferred anyway. This proved only slightly less difficult than being shifted because his satchel was slung awkwardly around his neck; it swung in front of him and hindered his pace. It was still quicker than traveling on two feet, however. Kansas moved in his usual lithe, liquid manner, Crimson Dreams fading behind him as the mere moments passed. His route was against a thick sheet of freezing rain, and tiny shards of ice hit his face like so many miniature bullets. He began to wonder why he had chosen this day to go see his sister.

The vials he thought she could use created a bit of excess weight, as well as his clothing. He was happy to let the satchel slip off his neck when he'd finally reached the borders of Ember's pack. With his burden gone, he tilted his pale muzzle into the merciless sleet, unleashing a slow call for Ember alone. He could only hope she was the one to answer. While he waited, he quickly shifted into his Optime form and dug around for his clothes. He pulled on his dark jeans, zipped up his sweater, and wrapped his scarf around his neck in a matter of perhaps a minute. The vials, which had been wrapped in the scarf, he placed in a neat row atop his pack to minimize the chance of dirtying them. He couldn't help being so antsy, because today he was going to get a horse, like Cotl. With nothing to do but wait for her, Kansas stood quietly with his arms folded, shivering against the chilly wind.

[/html]
[html]

Hi there! Interesting table!

Ember, unlike her sibling, stayed in her optime form for nearly everything. Traveling, riding horses, training, knitting...all of those activities involved hands, in one way or another. If she was traveling she would need easy access to her sword and axe for protection in case she ran into anyone. She would need to have her long legs when she rode Bayard, her hands and arm muscles to work with her sword and axe during her day to day training, and her fingers for knitting.

She was becoming better and better at knitting. At first, when she had met Hemming at her den for a knit-a-thon, she had felt flustered and behind. But now she had perfected scarf-making and hat-making and was moving on to mitten-making. She was wearing one of her very own creations now, as she walked on top of the slippery snow toward the borders. The snow shoes that she had found in the city really helped in times like these--they had some little plastic bits on their bottoms that helped dig into the snow and made it so she didn't skid on the ice as often. The freezing rain had coated everything in a nice layer of the stuff.

A familiar scent made her head come up, ears twitching as she stopped walking and listened. She was in the border now, her patrol just beginning, and it seemed that she had found someone already! Her nostrils flared as she took in more of the smell, deciding what direction to take to reach the source of the scent the fastest. Ember started to run somewhat awkwardly toward it, large snowshoes crunching into the ice with each step. "Kansassss, I smell ya! Where ya at?" she called, voice echoing over the hills.

[/html]
[html]

sorry sorry about the wait! killi totally forgot about this thread. *headdesk*

He was nervous about seeing her. It had been so long, and he felt guilty as ever for neglecting their relationship so. He'd never been as close to the swarthy woman as to Firefly. But he still loved her very much. And something told him that he would likely grow closer to Ember than to his twin because he doubted the fiery woman gave a flying fuck about him anymore. He just hoped Ember was not harboring too much anger with him. His mother had, after all, instructed him to take care of her. Although, Kansas had the suspicion that his sister could very well take care of herself. She was an extremely strong girl; there was no denying that.

He didn't have to wait long, and perhaps he wished he had to better prepare himself for his reunion with her. He smelled her and heard the awkward, noisy footsteps hindered somewhat by some kind of shoe. Her words might as well have been an invitation beyond the borders; there was no sense waiting for her to find him if she called out to him asking for his location. Kansas lifted his satchel and fairly ran to her, a grin that surprised him spreading across his face when he was before her. "Hey, Ember!" he said, his voice soft but excited. Uncertainly, the pale boy wrapped his white arms around her into a pathetic embrace. When he released her, he spoke again, still grinning. "Nice shoes. How are you?"

[/html]
[html]

No worries!! <3 <3

Ember had changed a lot over the years and had ended up having to take care of herself sometimes. But she had always known that she had Kansas there if she REALLY got into trouble. If, for some reason, Aniwaya fell apart or if she felt like she no longer belonged there, the dark woman would go to him and ask him for a place to live, most likely. She had moved to Aniwaya to be away from her family, to see if she could do it for herself. And she could. This made her very proud...but now that more time had passed, she would be willing to accept some help if she needed it. Now that she knew for sure she could do some things herself.

"Oh, thank you! They keep my feet from sinking into the snow and from slipping on ice." She hugged him heartily, smiling. "Come all the way here ta see little ol' me, huh?" She was genuinely glad to see him. Ember wondered if anything was wrong in Crimson Dreams, if that might be why he had come...but he would say if that was so. She would always help her family out if she could.

table by Jenny
[/html]
[html]

He wished he knew if Ember would depend on him if she needed it. True, the boy had a weak backbone. He wasn't tough, physically or emotionally, and perhaps that rendered him useless in her eyes. But if ever his sister needed him, he'd be there, because weak and cowardly as he was, loyalty to his loved ones was foremost. Hopefully, though, Ember wouldn't ever find herself in a place where she needed him. He didn't know what kind of hurt she'd experienced. But he knew that he didn't want her to be in pain, and if ever he could be the one alleviate it, he would be there.

Her arms around him brought a tingling sensation of comfort. The embrace, along with the smile on her face reassured him. It was nice to see her happy. Whenever he'd encountered Firefly, a bitterness was about her such that he never felt completely comfortable with her. But he felt that Ember wouldn't feel such a need to keep things from him. Having one content sister was of some relief to the worrisome wolf. He inspected the shoes more closely; they were funny-looking, but the idea was a good one. The boy emitted a small laugh. "Well, sure. I haven't seen you in... a long time," he told her, still grinning. "I have something for you, too." Kansas dug awkwardly in his bag until he found the vials. He presented them to her, with inward angst toward whether or not she would find use for them. "They belonged to... uh, Naniko. I found them... thought you might use them,"

[/html]
[html]

It was almost as if he and Urma had some sort of a talk, or maybe some kind of psychic connection. She had come to Crimson Dreams specifically seeking those vials out so that she might put some water in one of them to hang around her neck. Her spirit guide, Utriu, preferred to come out only when there was some kind of water present. She wouldn't see him for days on end until the skies would choose to rain. Then he would pop right up, as cheerful and eerie as ever.

She nearly gasped when she laid her eyes on the vials, jumping a little bit where she stood. "I been lookin' for those! I actually came to your pack lookin' for vials like those, wondering if Naniko had left any there when she took off. I needed them to see if it would help to keep my spirit guide around more often--he has a habit of disappearing when there isn't any water present...so unless it's rainin' or snowing or I'm by a lake or somethin' he hides away." Utriu was an aquatic creature, an orca.

Hmmmm. What should she offer Kansas, though, in trade for these vials? She didn't want to send him away empty handed after the long journey to AniWaya to see her and bring them to her. He hadn't even been sure that she could use them! "Vials like those are very valuable to me--I would trade somethin' that you consider valuable for 'em. Is there anything that you need, brother?"

[/html]
[html]

WC 300+

Her face lit up with excitement, and the angst was washed away. Not only would she find use for them, she'd sought them out before. He felt very accomplished, like he'd reached a milestone with her simply by her acceptance of his gift. "Really? I thought I caught your scent, one day," but it was so insignificant a memory that he'd forgotten it until now. At the time, he'd been so certain that Ember wouldn't have come around that he'd disregarded her aroma in the air as a trick combination of scents on the wind. Kansas was a bit disappointed that she hadn't sought him out when she'd come to his pack, but perhaps she didn't realize how much time he spent at home.

He furrowed his brow in confusion, deeply intrigued by the concept of spirit guides. He often wondered what it would be like to have such a thing, another creature to help you through your life. Perhaps this was part of why AniWaya was such a peaceful pack. "Why does he need water?" he queried, unable to see wolves being mentally connected to aquatic creatures. He assumed that her friend was a water bird, but he wanted to be sure. He wanted to know these things, these little things about his sister. He had no clue who she was.

Kansas hesitated after her question. He didn't want her to think he'd come only for the reason he was about to state, though it was a part of it. "Well, I..." He grinned, wishing to feel a bit mischievous for some reason. "I met someone with a horse, and he said he got it from you," he spoke, thinking fondly of Cotl. "Do you have... any more horses?" It sounded like to large a request, in exchange for something as small as a few glass vials.

[/html]

OOC. Ember takes Kansas to meet a blue roan stallion, which he takes with him back to Crimson Dreams.