one by one
[html]

Private! Note not included in word count. 500+ words.

even in the darkness every color can be found

####Princess had found the note days ago, maybe even weeks prior, but had not given it a second thought. The rolled up piece of paper, tied with ribbon with a droopy pink flower sticking out from the end, had easily escaped her thoughts, overtaken by thoughts of her own troubles, mainly what she was going to do about Haven and herself. She wanted to be with him, but there were too many things in the way. There was her brother, and Haven's sister, and her higher ranking status (shallow as she could be), and the pack separation to deal with. If only there was nothing holding her back; then she could happily leave Crimson Dreams to be with him. The idea seemed like it would never happen, no matter how much she wished it could.

####Now, however, Princess remembered the rolled up and tear-stained note as she dressed herself in her simply white halter dress, to match the snow she could see falling from outside her window. Though it had been left on her bed, she had moved it somewhere, and it took a few minutes of looking to find it again. The flower was now shrivelled and dried, but she put it aside as she sat down on her bed to read it. Sliding the string off the end, Princess unrolled the note, golden eyes scanning its appaearance, also covered in tear drop stains, before she began to read it. Quickly, she recognized it as her brother's handwriting, fresh in her memory from the poem he had shown her at the pack's celebration.

####"Princess --

I'm sorry I'm not stronger. I wish I could be a better brother to you. I wish I could be a better wolf, then I would stay and take care of you, like I promised I always would. But Mati told Tokyo where I am. She knows that I'm living here. I haven't been able to sleep for three days - I start to drift off, and I swear she's right behind me, just waiting for me to fall asleep so she can kill me. It's stupid, I know, but I need to leave. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, please don't hate me, I.. will come back, someday. I promise I won't leave you forever. I just can't stay here. I hope you understand. Please, please don't hate me. I'm so sorry. Tell Mati it's not her fault, I don't blame her.. I just wish things could have turned out differently.

Til we meet again, I love you and I will forever,

your big brother Ares"

####The words shocked her, and her body was overcome by a cold, tingling sensation. She could not bring herself to believe the words written by her brother, and yet, her heart knew that there was no way he would lie about something like this. Because of their awful mother, Ares had left her. Because of Mati. . . Ares had left her. The numbness was quickly replaced by anger as she threw the note on her bed, rising quickly and starting towards the door. As an afterthought, Princess seized the note harshly again, intending on bringing it to the Church girl and giving her a complete taste of her mind. No matter what Ares said about not blaming Mati, she could not help it. She needed somewhere to direct her anger, someone to project it on, and Mati was the first one she could think of. Later, it would shift to Tokyo, but her thoughts were not rational at the time being. There was no room for clear thinking, as pained emotions had completely overtaken her mind.

####Moving down the hallway, Princess found the door with the painting of a sunflower hanging on it. She knew that this was Mati's room, though she could not remember how she knew this. It was no matter, though. The girl that had succeeded in ruining a part of Princess' life lived in this room, and Princess was about to give her what she deserved for this. How could she tell Tokyo? Didn't she know anything? Eyes hardened and shoulders stiff, Princess raised her hand and knocked, the other hand still clutching the note tightly. She hoped Mati was in there.

Table by Miyu!
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... tiban2.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

”I’ll tell you what it is to be lonely.”

Mati thought as she let the brush stroke across the piece of plywood. It was dark; the colors melting into one another around the bright and yet eerie orbs that she had painted in the center of the piece. They were wolf eyes, yellow with a tinge of green in the underlying layers of paint. The air around them was too smooth to be that of fur or the features of a face; alone they hovered in the darkness. The title would be written in script on the back, the date as she could remember it just beside her signature. But she over thought the process, bringing herself back to the texture that it still needed, as well as the lighter tones that would be blending around each eye. More blue; for a lighter hue she would use white. She had been locked away for a few hours now, and it was just now that she had finally become absorbed in the process of creation. Now, she picked up a small per brush, the highlight on the right eye had come to her imagination and she now knew its perfect placement. The white was placed on the tip of the fine brush, slowly she leaned in with a steady paw. Centimeters away from the wood canvas she slowed and gingerly let the hairs of the brush touch.

The while streamed across the darkness that surrounded the eye, her startle was uncontrollable and caused by the bang against the door. Violet eyes stared, her jaw slack and mouth opened by the sight of it. Her brush fell to the palette and she slowly rose from her seat and calmly walked to the door. The anger rose, and yet each motion she made, as she felt the door handle in her hand and moved to open it, was slow and seemingly calm. Mati opened the door, and was surprised to see the "queen" standing before her. Prettied in her white dress as Mati stood in nothing but wolf and the paint that splattered her coat. Violet met gold, staring at the beast and not understanding why she was standing, and knocking, at her door. Her face was stern, the painting standing on the easel behind her. The day’s light streamed through the large windows of her room, but Mati’s form block much of it as she stood in the doorway. The look on her face, the tension that was almost tangible surrounding her body made Mati think of one thing. But with the annoyance of the interruption so fresh in her mind, she could only ask a simple “What?”. The woman’s relationship with Haven and the fact that she was the sister of Ares still made Mati uneasy.

By Erin<33, 400+

[/html]
[html]

500+ words.

####Princess stared at Mati as she opened the door, jaw set firmly in her grim frown. If she had not been so angry and upset, she might have found the Church girl's response incredibly rude, and it was likely she would have responded just as rudely. As it was, however, her thoughts were too scattered and pained to think in her normal way. Staring at the violet eyes of the taller and larger girl, Princess found herself questioning why Ares had even had any feelings for her. Obviously, they had never been completely truthful with one another, or this girl would have known not to even talk to Tokyo. This would have been a logical train of thought, but she ignored it, fighting to keep her anger directed at the taller girl. Tokyo was nowhere near her, so she needed to focus on someone else. Frankly, she didn't care if Mati had been busy or was annoyed by her appearance, as she seemed to be.

####"Here," she muttered, thrusting the note at Mati so she could read it for herself. She was still too angry to form real words in any lengthy sentence. Closing her eyes tightly, Princess tried desperately to fight the tears that were forming, but it was a useless attempt. They flowed freely down her cheeks, and she turned her face harshly to the side to try to hide what was happening from Mati. Princess did not believe that Mati deserved to see her tears. Did the Church girl even know how much she had hurt Princess? She had given up so much to be with her brother, had risked everything she could just to be with him, and now he was gone because of Mati. "You have no idea," she shrieked bitterly, "no idea what you've done!" And Princess truly believed that Mati would not understand what she had done in telling Tokyo where her son was.

####Now the tears were harder, sobs shaking the girl's shoulders. She felt so helpless, so angry, so hurt and betrayed. "I. . . I hate. . ." But the words could not form, and instead, Princess crumbled to the ground, leaning against the door frame for support as she hugged her knees and cried into them. She had come here to be angry at Mati and to hurt her as much as she had hurt Princess, but she simply could not do it. She could not think of anything to say; she was too hurt. For the first time in her life, Princess could not think of something harsh to say in response to what had happened. She felt as if she had been ripped open and thrown in the ocean for her blood to mingle with the harsh, salty water.

####"Why?" she whispered, the only thing she could think of to say. The word was not directed at Mati, but at the world. Princess did not understand why she had to be hurt like this when things seemed to be going so well, despite her confusion about what she was meant to do about herself and Haven. Now, those questions were far from her mind as she slumped in her crying, pathetic state by Mati's feet. "I just. . . don't understand. . ." The words were barely even a whisper, hardly audible.

Table by Miyu!
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... tiban2.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
400+

There was so much that she could be doing, so much that needed to be finished. Mati had just become engrossed in painting and now the interruption. But, she knew how utterly important this was, and it was time to face the mistakes that she had made. How was she supposed to know that Tokyo was the mother of Ares and Princess? No one had told her, and her ignorance had hurt all of them. The dressed canine shoved the note into her hands and Mati retrieved with a fierce swipe. Her eyes looked down to read it, and she couldn’t focus with the voice of the other female in her ears. The brown colored fey looked up, having gotten through only the first few sentences. “I didn’t know! retaliated with a stern voice. The tawny golden-eyed Dreamer was obviously looking at an innocent party! But now she was crying, and Mati fought to not feel her pain. This was not her fault, this was his own weakness. But that wasn’t true, hell… it was so very wrong for her to think that way. She had exposed Ares, told his secret without even knowing it. She had driven him away.

Princess could hardly get out the word, a word that Mati so suddenly felt she deserved. Hate me, she thought. Hate me and I will have reason to hate you. The painter watched as the other wolf fell to the wooden floor, the weight of her breaking heart too heavy. Mati softened, weakening herself as she watched Princess. Unsure what she should say, the tall female slunk to the ground, ears folded back in submission. She would be overcome by the sadness as well, defeated by the pain that flowed from the other fey and plagued with the guilt. “I’m sorry” she said weakly as if it would bring Ares back. Mati hadn’t wanted to drive him away, she had truly liked him. The connection that radiated between them had been thick and so very real. Mati felt it’s absence. Her heart was in pain as well, a pain that she had wanted to deny. “I really didn’t know.” She spoke with a voice that was riddled with honest and weakness. Sitting on the floor, in the doorway of her room Mati looked away from the girl she had never liked. That barrier Mati had placed to keep them away from each other was no longer erected, and Mati lifted her eyes slowly as if asking for permission to console her. As if she ever could.

By Erin<33

[/html]
[html]

500+ words.

####The rage that she felt had no foundation, and deep within, Princess knew that Mati had not meant to do something like what she had done. Ares had told her about his feelings for the chocolate furred girl, and she had long suspected that there was something more than a one-sided crush between her brother and the female. Because of this, her defensive denial did not come as a surprise to Princess, but it did nothing to help her situation. Just because she had not meant for something like that to happen did not mean that it could be changed, just like that. If only things were that simple, then Princess would have wished away so many bad things in her life so far, starting from day one. In her upset state, she wished she could have prevented herself from being born, or been one of the puppies subjected to Tokyo’s post-mortem anger. It would have prevented so much pain in her life, and her pain blinded her to all of the good in her life. It was hard to see the good when all she could see was the curtain of salty tears over her golden eyes, closed to the world. She did not want anyone to see her like this, especially Mati.

####But of course Mati did not know what she had done. Ares had gone to great lengths to tell her to be quiet about their past, as he had not wanted anyone to know that he was Ares Chance, formerly Buttface Chance, and the awful things that their mother had done to them. “He should have told you,” she whispered, desperately wishing that she had told him to do so. She had told Haven of her past horrors, and they had barely known each other on a platonic level. They had completely known one another on a physical and intimate plane, but it had been different. “Don’t go near her again,” she warned the other Dreamer, her voice still quiet. “If she knew about you and my brother being friends. . . She might hurt you. You don’t know what she’s done before.” It had taken a great amount of effort to force out the words, but she felt that they needed to be said. She was certainly not friends with the Church girl, but she did not want something bad to happen to her, especially at the hands of Tokyo.

####Glistening eyes finally looked up at Mati, surprised to see a sort of tenderness there. Princess was calmer now, still upset but far from angry, and she did feel bad about blaming Mati so ferociously. She had forgotten that she was not the only one who knew the pain of losing their brother. “Is this what it felt like, when Haven left this pack?” she asked quietly, unsure of the exact circumstances of that. Haven had told her the story, but Princess did not know how close the siblings had been, although they shared an obvious bond now. She also did not know what their lives had been like, before Haven had found out about his father’s horrible actions. It seemed less valid to be angry with Mati, now that Princess realized that she probably understood the pain more than she had realized.

Table by Miyu!
[/html]
[html]
300+

There had been too much heartache. It seemed as if Mati had constantly fought with the emotions that toyed with her heart while around Ares. It had been nothing but pleasantries before she knew his sister had slept so casually with Haven. After that it had fallen down hill. She had blamed Princess, but it was misdirected anger and in truth it was many factors that none of them could truly control. She thought of the day she had spoken to Ares, it had been the last time she had seen him. Telling him she had met his mother, not knowing that was so devastating for him and hardly understanding why he had seemingly disappeared. Had she been too embarrassed to look for him, or to ashamed to confront Princess about her brother hurt feelings? Now he was gone. And there was nothing that either of them could do about it.

The two girls sat upon the floor, and Mati looked downward at her hands while the clothed fey spoke. The whisper was no surprise, for Ares should have told her. Perhaps he had not liked her as purely as she had thought. Then perhaps he would have told his secrets. Of course Mati hadn’t told all of hers. Now she would never have that chance to share them. it was the warning that lifted his gaze to the Princess, and Mati could not ignore the fact that she cared and cared about her wellbeing. Mati had never feared another female, but knew this threat was real.

Mati did not speak, not until the question was raised ever so quietly. Mati felt her body sit still as the other female probed into her past emotions. Emotions that she still felt day in and day out, only dulled by time. “Yeah.” She answered, though she had always known where Haven was going to be. Her voice was soft, as she spoke only to explain that the hurt she had felt was different, “But, I never lost Haven. He’s still here.” here as in; in her life. As when Haven left there was so little that could be don’t to change the circumstances and make Mati feel any better. Even with her experience, she had little that would work to ease she pain.

By Erin<33

[/html]
[html]

538 words.

####The silence enveloped her as the two girls, so very different and yet also similar, sat in the doorway, remnants of tears matting the fur of her cheeks. Princess had stopped crying when her anger and frustration with Mati had dissolved, thrown to the side by her growing feelings of helplessness. though she had come to the artist's door to project her pain onto her in hopes of ridding herself of it, it seemed as though she was no longer wanting to hurt the other girl. She had disliked Mati so much and only wanted to blame and hurt her, but she knew that those feelings were unfounded. There was no reason for her to feel so much animosity towards the Church girl anymore, and truthfully, she doubted that there had ever been a good reason. She had disliked Mati on the principle that Mati hated her for sleeping with Haven, even though she did not know everything regarding their budding relationship. The anger and hurt had simply been, for both it seemed, moments of passion. Princess did not want an enemy in Mati.

####Of all that had happened, Princess wished more than anything that her brother had not kept secrets from Mati. Ares had told her that he liked the girl very much, but she doubted he could have liked her as much as she seemed to like Haven. Willingly, she had told Haven everything about her past, and he had shared his story with her. "I bet he didn't even tell you his real name," she muttered sulkily. She didn't know whether or not Mati had heard her call him by his given name so long ago, or if he had simply brushed it off as if it had not happened. Ares had not needed to tell Mati all of his secrets, but his name would have been a good start, if he had liked her as much as he said. Truthfully, Princess' opinion of the girl had not been very high, but if Mati had mocked him for his name, as he had worried, then she would not have been worth his time, and Princess would have made sure she regretted mocking it. Somehow, though, she doubted that would have been the case, from what she could see.

####True as it was that she had not completely lost her brother, Princess could not help but take a bit of solace in the fact that she was not completely alone in feeling this way. She wanted to ask more about the situation, and she wanted to know how Mati had been feeling then, but the questions did not seem to sound right, given the way she had stormed over to Mati's room. "Did Ares ever. . . Mention somewhere he might have been before coming here, or somewhere he wanted to visit?" She paused, trying to decide what she wanted to know for. "I don't want to go looking for him," she added, tone final. "I just want to hope that he's safe." He would be safe anywhere that was away from their mother, and it seemed very likely he would be far away by now. At the very least, she had that knowledge to get her by.

Table by Miyu!
[/html]
[html]
SSWM - 610

If there had been no history between them, a foundation of anger and dislike, they might have been able to talk the situation out without yelling or tears. The two wolfesses sat beside on each other, closer then they had ever come before. In the past Mati would have kept distance between them, space for the fury and the anger to thrive. So close it was hard to live among the wild radiating hate, and it simply fell away. Mati felt of roll off her shoulders as she took a deep breath, attempting to remain calm. Violet eyes caught the features of the Chance female, for her face had fallen towards the ground. How where they different? It was only their outer forms that made then unique, now, beyond the clothed figure and the paint dried fur Mati herself wore there were two sisters wanting only one thing. Their brothers. How could Mati judge the wolfess, who needed comfort and sought it in Haven? How could she be angry with someone who loved her sibling as deeply as she loved her own brother? She couldn’t, and Mati was finished trying.

Her voice made Mati turn her face in her direction, and the words she spoke held a secret that Mati knew nothing of. There was more? More that Mati had not know about the male who seemed to have liked her? Something as prominent as his name? She had been in the dark about. It was not a good feeling, icing her stomach before it twisted in her gut. What else had she not know about the golden eyed male if she not know his name, his mother’s past of course. “I guess not.” Mati spoke with the icy tone that came from her core. Was she someone that believed everything? Gullible and naïve. Her incident with Corvus had taught her nothing it seemed, since she had been certain that Ares was honest and noble. It didn’t seem that way any longer. That stone like feeling returned, anger and insecurity filtering through her veins like cold blood.

It did not bring her solace to believe that Ares had lied to her, and to think that Haven would never do such a thing to Princess. It was just another thing that had separated the two families. Their mother had been an evil beast, though Mati was in the dark about what sorts of evils those were, the secrets were not something Mati found comforting and she wished to understand what sort of creature that they stood against. The lies on top of that, made her mind swim. She could not look at the female, the feelings that she once though she could no longer feel for her came creeping back under her skin. The questions, had easy answers and Mati gladly gave them. “No, he never spoke of anything like that.” They hadn’t spoke of much, if Mati looked back to their conversations. He had confided in her so littler that Mati wondered what they had held. Was it a connection or what she only imagining it?

The earth toned woman breathed a single heavy sigh, trying to release the tension that had begun to build once more. She cared about him, and couldn’t say that she didn’t want that same for Ares, or whomever they spoke of. It had to be a place they would never think of, a place were their mother would not look for him. It was sad that he did not think that together they would be able to face the Dahlian. But at this moment Mati couldn’t decide what to think about the Chance male.

By Erin<33

[/html]
[html]

747 words.

####There was no way that Princess could truly hate Mati anymore, not now that she had realized their similarities. They were both so young, and it seemed that love had been weird for both of them. Princess and Haven had been an unlikely coupling, and though she did not know if she actually loved him, she cared for him very much. Ares and Mati had both liked one another, but her brother could not be honest with the girl he liked. In a way, Princess pitied his inability to share with her, but she felt worse for Mati. There had been no reason for her brother not to share his secrets with her, and now that she thought of it, he had not had any right to tell her not to tell anyone, either. Personally, she would have wanted to know everything that she could know about the boy she liked, and she should have told her brother to be honest, or even told Mati bits and pieces herself. Unfortunately, their mutual dislike for one another had blinded her from seeing that Mati was, in a sense, being lied to. She wished she had made a point to be nicer to her, after finding out that her brother liked her, but she could not find a way to get rid of her annoyance and frustration with Mati over the Knight from Cour des Miracles.

####“His real name was Buttface,” she said, fighting to keep the small grin from her mouth and succeeding with ease. Tokyo had been very cruel to him from the moment of his birth, but it was still a comical name, and Princess wondered how Mati was going to take to it. She had accidentally called him by his real name in front of her and her brother before, but Princess was sure that it had never crossed her mind that Buttface was his actual name. “Our mother was not. . . Very good, and he looked like our dad, so she named him Buttface. I guess it’s obvious why he changed his name, but he still should have been honest with you. I accidentally called him by it once, even though he had asked me not to. . . I felt bad, but I guess I was too angry with everything that happened that day,” she added, not really sure why she was even telling Mati all of this. She could have easily left it at giving her his real name, so that Mati could at least know who it was she had really been beginning to like. Ares was just the name he had taken on. From the stories Princess had read about the Ares of mythology, which she had taken an interest in after he had told her about his name change, she knew that he was nothing like the brave Ares of the stories. If he had really chosen a fitting name, then he would not have left her without even saying good bye, and he would not have been so afraid of their awful mother finding them.

####Shaking her head sadly, Princess acknowledged Mati’s words with a small sigh. She hated not knowing where he had gone to be away from Tokyo, and inadvertently herself, but at least she could know that he would be safe away from them. She was still angry that he would leave her like that, but she was no longer angry with Mati. Her anger was now directed at Tokyo and her brother, a tired acceptance only left for Mati. She wasn’t going to go looking for her brother, not this time. When she had left him to find their mother, she had said good bye to him, and had even tried to convince him to come with her. He had not, but the offer had been there. Even after living with Tokyo for some time, she had gone to look for him again. It hurt her to know that he could so happily leave her with only a note, not even a personal good bye. She could relate to Mati more with that, feeling almost as if she had not been important enough to her brother for him to even say good bye. It made their birthday unimportant; she had gone out of her way to attempt to repair their fallen relationship, but he had not even cared enough to see her once more before he left the pack in his cowardly manner.

Table by Miyu!
[/html]
[html]
look at how well they're getting along xD
SSWM - 525

All four of them had more in common then they even knew. Deep down they seemed to all be the same. Lost and wishing for parents that they would never have. Longing to connect with someone without judgment or abandonment. The four were a particular bunch, and it was odd that they had even found each other and all connected the way that they did. And now one had been lost to the tragedies of their parent’s down falls. Mati hoped Ares the best, where ever he might be. It was unfair for him to keep all these things from her, but it would be worse if she hated him for it., scorned the day she had met him or even pretend that he had not been sweet and kind to her. He had been. He had been open with his feelings, even if not all of them. The evening after the pack’s gathering they had spoken and shared just the surface of the emotions that they held for one another, and Mati would be a fool to think that he had lied to her about that. It had all seemed so genuine.

Eyes drifted slowly to the other young woman’s face, taking the story that started to bring true light to the lie surrounding Ares’ name. It was their mother; dam the bitch for being this way. At least her father was merely absent and all they needed to deal with was the memory of his horrible deeds. Instead the Chance siblings were left with a dam that would not leave them alone and caused more problems then she was certainly worth. Mati did not hold back the surprise she felt as Princess spoke Ares birth name. It was simply (though it the situation as a whole was far form simple) an insult. The mother had begun to insult him from the very beginning, and then she hated him until she chased him away from those he cared for. The Church female remembered when she had called him that name, but she had only thought that she had been insulting him. No wonder he had never told her.

Now he was gone, and no one knew where he was. Mati looked away again, speaking softly as she stared at the wall with her head resting against her room’s door. “I can understand why he didn’t want to tell me.” it wasn’t a huge lie anymore, and Mati forgave the male, where ever he might be. “I wish he had told me who she was. I didn’t want anything like this to happen.” The brown wolfess looked at the fellow Dreamer, she wasn’t sure what else to say or how to comfort the sister that had just lost her brother. “I…” Mati fumbled, “Maybe she threatened him, and he had to leave with out telling anyone.” She whiling made excused for him, though her anger nor her sadness were diminished completely. “The pack would have protected him.” And on the next breath she crushed the very excuse she had made. They would have, she would have protected him from any beast that wished him harm.

By Erin<33

[/html]
[html]

So strange. :o 655 words.

####What had started off as an obvious dislike between the two girls was changing, although Princess did not know where it was that they stood now. Briefly, she wished that their brothers could have found something in each other that would stop the discontent feelings, but she did not know why it was that she was thinking that. Her brother had every right to be unhappy about what had transpired between Princess and Haven, even if she had not agreed with his opinion, and certainly Haven did not need to like Ares after the grayscale male had punched him in the face. It was unfortunate that there had been so many levels of tension between the four young wolves, as they had all shared similarities and should have all been able to be friendly with one another. Princess was under no delusion that she and Mati were now friends, but her feelings for the darker girl had softened, and she no longer wanted to hurt her. Though she had come to Mati’s room to yell at her and upset her, the Chance girl now found herself wishing she could make Mati feel better about what had happened with Ares. It was strange, the way her intentions could change so quickly in only a short period of time.

####In a way she did not understand, it did pain her to see Mati attempt to excuse her brother’s actions and then to have her own excuse wiped away so quickly before Princess could even respond. The girl was right, of course. Princess certainly would have fought for her brother, and she thought that at least Savina would, as well. Ares might have done something wrong to one of her children, but Princess could only think that the Commander would have fought against the horrors of Tokyo for one of her pack members, especially with her own personal vendetta against the Chance siblings’ mother. Tokyo had been the first one to harm one of Savina’s children that Princess knew of, and because of this, and the fact that her ebony leader knew the things that Tokyo had done and said to her children, Princess could not shake the thought that Savina would have fought for him, too. He had not needed to run, but only to say something. “I haven’t smelled my mother around here at all, and he never did wander very far, but I guess it’s possible. . . But I would have fought for him, too, and I thought he knew that.” She had thought that her brother would have known the extent of what she had risked and given up to come be with him, and that should have been an indicator that she was willing to do anything for him, within reason.

####Golden eyes lifted again, once more seeking out the vibrant lilac eyes of her opposite. “Mati,” she began, trailing off as she fought an internal battle about whether or not she should say what she was thinking. It was generally that which got her into one form of trouble or another, speaking without thinking beforehand. “Mati, he really did like you, even if he kept secrets. . . He told me he liked you a long time ago, on our birthday, and that he was so worried that you did not like him the same way. I just don’t want you to think he didn’t care at all, I guess,” she finished lamely, wishing she was better at wording things. She did not know if Mati would appreciate hearing that, or if it might make her feel even more guilty than Princess had already made her feel. Princess wished she could take back the blame filled words now, but it would not be possible. All she could now was hope that she might be able to remedy the situation just a bit so that Mati was not as hurt as before.

Table by Miyu!
[/html]
[html]
:]
SSWM - 650

They all would have taken up arms in order to protect Ares. That was what her mother pledged as second in command it was what Savina promised. Innocents could find refuge here, protection against those that wished them harm. Though he might have had a slight down fall with their leader, though Mati knew nothing of that, no one held grudges when it came to the protection of the Dreamers that called this place home. Mati would have fought, and she was sure after having seen the Chance woman that she would have won. It was a hasty assumption and in reality no one knew if it was true. But Mati was larger, and her anger could be thick and rage in her broad chest in a way that might surprise even her closest of friends. Though there was no wish greater then her hope that Ares would return, Mati also wished that he had known that she would have worked to protect him from the mother that was never truly a mother to him. Knowing that, he would have understood that she cared, and liked him past the very shallow emotions of a casual friendship.

No, it did not seem that Tokyo had been stalking around the pack’s lands. Mati would have smelled her too, and had not. Dahlians did not frequent the borders, and Mati only vaguely smelt their presence with the appearance of a new member to the pack, but that had floated away some time ago. Princess confirmed the fact that Ares was not one to drift to and from other packs and free lands. Mati noticed that he had stayed home often too, writing and reading. She felt even more guilt and sadness knowing that she had done nothing more then told him of Tokyo, and it was enough to drive him away. Yes, she would not expect him to stay for her, but for Princess; yes. Mati looked at the devastated sister and wished another with that would never come true, “Wish I knew what was going through his head, it never needed to be like this.” Mati didn’t know what she would have needed to do in order to keep him here if he had told her that he was leaving, but then maybe he just needed to go without any deterrent. Both of the women would have pleaded and asked for him to stay. Perhaps he simply needed to leave and couldn’t manage second guessing the decision. It was still the wrong one in the violet eyed woman’s opinion.

Bright honey colored eyes looked up at her face, and Mati knew that what Princess was about to say was something that brought her conflict. The Church woman stayed silent, listening as she spoke her name and then continued to express feelings that Ares had never spoke to her. He had? Mati let the frown take over her face and looked away. It was just too much, knowing that the one creature that had ever liked her, in a way no one else ever had, was simply gone. Behind the large and well build physic there was a fragile girl, and her self esteem was being chipped away ever turn she made. Though, she did appreciate it. With Princess’ last sentence Mati nodded, “That’s nice to know.” she spoke with force, but also honesty. It was hard, since she didn’t know what to think of her brother anymore. It was hard to remember those feelings right now, remember then clear enough to reflect and express them. Her mind was too cluttered, blinding her. But Mati knew they had been there and knew they remained, “I always liked him, but always too afraid to tell him.” She forced a smile, as if it was just time to remember the good things about Ares’s presence in their pack and lives and not his abrupt departure.

By Erin<33

[/html]
[html]

684 words.

####There was nothing that they could do or say to bring the grayscale male back into their lives, no matter how much it seemed to hurt them both that he had so willingly left them at the first sign of potential danger. It seemed wrong to dwell on his absence now, especially with the tiny bit of a breakthrough with the two girls. This was the first time they had ever gotten along, and behind her pain, Princess was almost marveling at this fact. Loss was bringing them together, as unfortunate as that was; she wished that something else could force them to bond, or that they could do so voluntarily. She could not help but feel a bit guilty about the way she had treated Mati in the past, with a cold shoulder. Perhaps the relationship between the two girls that were important in his life had been another driving force behind her brother’s so sudden departure. Princess did not want to think that it may have been a part of the reason, but the idea was in the back of her mind, just like every other thought she had about this whole situation. If Ares had simply talked to her or Mati about everything, then perhaps he would have realized that he was not in as much danger as he thought. There had been other options, and he had not chosen to explore them at all, much to her dismay.

####Her words had not seemed to help Mati much, but it had been worth the attempt, and now she knew for sure that the earthen-hued girl had felt similarly about her brother as he had felt about her. If there was any way that she could console Mati now, she would do it, but she had no ideas on what to say or do. It was so strange that she wanted to help the girl feel better now, and it was as if she was putting aside her own hurt in a selfish attempt to help Mati. Princess did not want to dwell on her own pain, but if she could focus on Mati’s, then she need not pay any attention to her own hurt. It was selfish of her, but at least she was able to admit that to herself, rather than try to delude herself into thinking she only wanted to help Mati. Behind her own selfish wishes, though, she did want the other girl to feel less hurt. It had been her intention to cause pain, but now she just wanted to take it away and to take back the blame and hurtful words that she had spoken. It had been unfair, and she had been lashing out at the closest person that she could, when it was really her mother that needed to hear this.

####As her thoughts turned over to Tokyo Chance once more, Princess frowned thoughtfully. If her mother had been aware of Ares’ presence in Crimson Dreams, then she must have realized that Princess was with him. That was surely enough to turn her mother completely against her, no matter how much her mother had “loved” her in the past. “I don’t know if I should be worried, for myself, I mean,” she added, for clarification. “She might be awful and selfish and vain, but she isn’t as stupid as she sometimes seems. . . If she knew he was here, then she must have figured out I am, too. She hated him, but just based on our names. . . You can see the difference in how we were treated. I was only punished when I was nice to him, you see. I definitely wasn’t raised great, but she had claimed to love me. . . And maybe she did, but she definitely won’t now, once she figures out that I left her on my own and that I didn’t really get kicked out of Dahlia.” She felt helpless, not knowing what this even meant for her. She didn’t want to leave everything here she cared about—the pack, and especially Haven.

Table by Miyu!
[/html]
[html]
:]
SSWM - 472

As much as Mati had thought that her childhood was filled with dark days, it was coming to light that the two Chance siblings had lived in a much, much darker world. Mati did not consider her family life to be mixed up and confusing. The two attacks she had suffered where what she lingered on, but she had been older then pure puphood. None of the deceit that had been shared between mother and daughter, none of the pain that Tokyo had inflicted on Ares had touched her loving family. The lies Tokyo had spouted were rolling through her mind. She was far too gullible, to easily swayed. Princess was not a thief, and that had been just another diversion to distract Mati from seeing the true nature of their mother. The sacrifices that she had made were finally coming to light, how she had taken the risk in order to be here for someone that had not (seemingly) taken any sort of risk in order to stay with her. Ares was growing to be more of a coward each second that ticked by. It was wrong, and Mati knew it. He was simply frightened, and neither knew what things that had gone through the males mind before he left. There could be things that they couldn’t even imagine that pushed him from the Dreaming lands.

As Princess continued to speak, Mati listened carefully. As much as she might seem nonchalant about the safety of the pack borders and wrapped up in her own work Mati did care for those that belonged to the pack. Such a thing had been instilled in her, and as the Nanny and a Major she always feel back onto the basic morals of pack life. Protect and maintain. She did not like the idea of the Dahlian having the upper hand, knowing more about them then they did about her. It did not please her to know that she had already lied to Mati, pushed Ares from the lands and now intimidated Princess. She was easily becoming an enemy of the brown female. Now to think that she had treated her of children in such a way made her boil with anger and rage. “Don’t be scared, or think that you aren’t safe here.” Mati spoke with more confidence and hardness in her voice then comforting tenderness. She did not feel the need to coddle her, but dwelled on the hate she had for Tokyo. The stealing? Was that more then a lie, and an actual diversion for Tokyo instead? It didn’t matter, a mere detail. “If she comes here, she’ll regret it.” Mati spoke with a promise. It was not her nature to go looking for a fight, but if the Dahlian woman came to her door Mati would willingly rise to protect it.

By Erin<33

[/html]
[html]

535 words.

####There were far worse things that could happen to someone than what she and her brother had gone through, Princess knew, but she often did not think in such broad ways. She had befriended many in the past that had been wronged much more than she had, such as the Dahlian who had helped her get through her first shift, Colibri Haki, though Princess knew nothing of the older girl’s problems. The most prominent family issues in her mind were, of course, the ones that affected her the most. It simply made sense that she would focus more on the issues that affected her life directly, especially when she did not actually know much about another’s problems. Haven had told her some of his upbringing, so she did know a bit about Mati’s past. Her father had been bad—maybe even worse than Tokyo or her own father, of whom Princess had no knowledge of to begin with—but at least they had been raised by two mothers that cared for them, one of which still resided within the pack. Anu seemed like a very nice woman, so she considered Haven and Mati lucky to have her, despite their other family-related problems. For this, Princess knew that it might have been a part of her initial displeasure with Mati, since she had a good family and Princess did not. It was an unfair way of thinking, and she was glad she no longer thought it.

####A small smile was rewarded for Mati’s assurance, and Princess sighed wistfully, wishing beyond all possible hope that she could completely believe that. Tokyo was a dangerous woman, a crazed female who could simply not handle knowing that something had happened that she did not approve of. It was more than obvious that Tokyo would be very angry if she found out exactly what had happened when Princess had left Dahlia de Mai, though Princess was now nearly certainly that she was going to confront her mother. She was going to do it on her own terms, though, and she was not going to let Tokyo have any advantage over her. “Thank you,” she said genuinely, hoping that the earthen-hued girl was correct in her way of thinking. “I’m going to go to her before she can even think of coming here. . . I have a lot of things I want to say to her that I should have said a long time ago.” Seeing her brother’s act of what seemed to be cowardice had turned her away from the idea that she had been right in using Cercelee to lie to her mother. Tokyo deserved to know the truth about where her daughter had gone, even if Princess only wanted to tell her because she wanted to hurt her mother so desperately in retaliation for all of the hurt that the older, selfish Chance woman had caused for her and her brother, and now Mati, as well. Whether she liked it or not, Princess had to acknowledge that Mati was now a part of this, and it was kind of her fault. She had, after all, stormed over to blame Mati, regardless of how flawed that thinking was.

Table by Miyu!
[/html]
[html]

we can end this when ever you want :]
sswm - 424

Mati did not know much by the way of fighting. War had never come to their door as it might other packs. But she had never had to learn to defend herself, even the attacks that she had suffered made her more apt to remain peaceful. She was beginning to realize that peaceful was only another name for scared. How could she sit idle while another beast was threatening Dreamers? The tall wolfess listened contently to Princess speak, her own plans unfolding and blossoming in her mind. If she went, what stopped Mati from going too? Violet eyes almost became fiery, ready to fight. But they remained calm, focusing on the image of Princess before the blue eyed Dahlian. Tokyo would have choice words for the daughter that had gone missing, Mati knew that for sure. The woman had a sly tongue, fooling the Church girl without any effort at all. In a way Mati wanted to go with her, be the muscle while Princess was the voice. But it was a foolish idea.

Her voice was not exactly warm, but the words were sincere.
“Be careful.” the pack didn’t need a dead member. It would cause far too much chaos, the brown furred female thought. They would all have to go and avenge her death, and Mati would likely have to be the one to tell Haven that she had been either hurt of worse. They were not friends, not yet. But Mati knew and could appreciate that Princess was something that Haven needed, and someone that he was growing quite attached to. If she hurt him, Mati would be at the helm of those seeking retribution. But, her disappearance was just as bad as Princess breaking his heart herself.

In the past Mati hadn’t any reason to watch the borders, even fearing those that she might meet. But her strength was not something that should go untested any longer. She was large and made for a fight, even if she never liked to recognize it. Her form was seen to be unattractive in her own purple eyes, unlike the lithe figures of other females. Maybe it was time to put aside the fear, and use what her mother had given her.
“If you need my help… just let me know.” Mati had never thought that should be extending a hand to the female that she always thought was prim and perfect. But, it was time to put those shallow differences behind her and acknowledge the similarities that could no longer be ignored.

[/html]
[html]

She'll leave in my next post. Big Grin 560 words.

####Princess silently reached up, wiping away the drying tears from her messy cheeks. She did not want to think of how terrible she must look—such an awful state!—but she had more important things to be concerned with. Now that she had made her decision to confront Tokyo about everything that the older chance woman had done wrong in the past, there was a calm surrounding her, something that was surely not going to last but that she could appreciate in the meantime, nonetheless. She had exhausted all of her day’s energy with her tears, anger, and pain, and now she just wanted to let it settle over her while she formulated a plan for what she was going to do and say when she saw her dreadful mother. There was no way that she could go in there with a plan to completely go off of her instincts, because that would never be effective. Tokyo was too skilled with her silver tongue for Princess to go unprepared, for her mother would surely fight back in some way, and she did not want to be thrown off.

####Nodding meekly, Princess lowered her hands to her lap awkwardly. It was strange to hear genuine concern coming from Mati, but she could not say it completely surprised her; the earthen-toned wolf was one of those that struck the Chance girl as very protective of her pack. While they might not be on the best of terms, she was still able to appreciate Mati’s apparent concern for her. “Thank you,” was all she could say, afraid that if she said anything else she might actually fear going to see her mother. Her mind was made up, and there was absolutely no way that she could possibly even consider changing her plans. If she allowed her mind to process all of the possibilities of what might happen when she goes to see her awful mother, then she was afraid that she might decide that she was a bit too afraid to actually go see Tokyo. Especially after telling Mati what she was going to do, there was no way that she could do anything less than confront her mother. Tokyo was going to get the verbal lashing she deserved, and Princess only wished she had the body and the strength to give her a physical one.

####Shifting her weight so that she could stand soon, Princess nodded gently. Not only would she remember that, but maybe knowing that Haven’s sister was willing to help her if necessary would give her more strength to see her mother. “I’ll keep that in mind,” she said with a small smile, then eyed Mati carefully with her next words. “I want you to be careful, too. . . Especially with me going to see her and the fact that she knows that you were friends with Ares, I wouldn’t put it past her to be unhappy with you. She’s not a nice woman, and I don’t want you getting further tangled up in this mess,” she added, thinking of her Knight and how he would feel if anything happened to the sister he was very close to, especially if it was because of Princess that something could happen to Mati. Princess could not bear the thought of hurting Haven, directly or indirectly. She had fallen for him.

Table by Miyu!
[/html]
[html]

sounds good :3
sswm - 526

Ares was gone, and for all anyone knew he was gone for good. It was a shock, and though she thought that it had settled in her mind, it had not settled in her heart. She had spent the conversation with Princess wonder what his real name was, and what he had been thinking as he left them. As he left his sister, the home that he had been given here, as he left her. She stole a moment to think; had it hurt to leave her? Had he thought for a second that she would be hurt at all by his departure? She was, though the anger for Tokyo burned through the feeble sad emotion and made her bitter with hate and rage. The woman was a menace in Mati’s mind, a liar. Her adoptive mother had taught her many things, the most important being honesty. No, she could not live without saying a few white lies. But not the dishonesty that had been lathered on by the Dahlian when they had spoken, not too long ago. All of it blinded her from the notion that Ares had left for good, never coming back.

She wished to help Princess, but that was likely another distraction from the truth. She could not settle on the idea, and refused to face it right this moment. And she took her offer with a small smile that Mati tried to return. Not sure if it came as an awkward grimace, Mati let her face turn back to the more nature frown brought on by her internal feelings. Looking down at her hands Mati listened with an ear turned towards the other. Her brow tipped upwards at the suggestion that she too should be careful. Of course, it would be foolish for her to go off and avenge the loss of Ares. But in a way Mati thought it would keep her from feeling the true disappointment that would be crashing into her so very soon. But, the further she explained the more sense it made.

Meeting her gaze, and holding onto its intensity, Mati took the warning. As much as she wished to fight it, this was not her battle, not as rightfully as it was Princess’s. The brown wolfess would give her that, even if she could still not understand why she wore what she did, or all of what Haven saw in her. Still, Mati would let her live this and do as she saw fit to deal with her mother. As Mati saw it, she would be disappointed if in the reverse roles and Mati had not been able to confront her mother. Taking a breath Mati simply nodded, the smile that came to her face less forced then before and spoke with a tone softer then she had ever shared with the Chance girl,
“Okay.” Mati would not go looking for Tokyo, but if she happened to step upon Dreaming soil nothing would save her. A fighter at practice and experience she was not, but Mother Nature had given her instructions for the teeth and claws she had been born with. Instilled in her instincts.

[/html]
[html]

you can post again or archive~ Big Grin 575 words.

####Now that everything had been said, Princess was feeling slightly uncomfortable, both emotionally and physically. The floor was not the best place for her to be sitting, as she had too much pride and was too proper to spend all of her time on the floor, and her legs were beginning to cramp despite her shift in the way she was sitting so that she was kneeling. Her eyes were itchy from crying, and she wanted to go back to her room so that she could wash them out with the bucket of water she generally kept next to her bed. Princess felt frazzled and tired, and she was not particularly happy with the idea of sitting in Mati’s doorway all that much longer, but she did not want to be rude by up and leaving. It was getting to that point now, though, so she did not expect that Mati would be terribly offended if she left now. They had exhausted all that could be said, and now they were just talking, and it was beginning to grow awkward for the Chance girl. She had other things to do and think about now, anyway.

####Rising slowly, Princess nodded absently, trying to decide what she needed to say now. “I should probably be going, I. . . Need to prepare to talk to my mother,” she added, on the very off chance that Mati would be surprised by Princess’ decision to leave now. Both of them, despite the better terms that they seemed to be on now, were probably feeling a little bit awkward. Princess knew she was, and she guessed that Mati was, as well. They were not friends yet, but she had an idea that they might eventually be able to come to such a relationship, if only for Haven’s sake. Princess could appreciate the close bond between Mati and Haven, but she was jealous about it, as well; she had always assumed she was close to her brother, and while she had been, the feelings had not been returned, it seemed. If they were anything like the way that she had felt about her brother, and Mati and Haven felt about each other, then Princess knew that her brother could never have left her so willingly at the tiniest hint of danger.

####As she stood, Princess faltered, unsure if that was the only thing that she needed to say before she left, but she felt like it really was not all. “Mati, I’m sorry for blaming you. . . I jumped to a conclusion without knowing anything about it, and I shouldn’t have. I shouldn’t have yelled at you, and I shouldn’t have tried to blame you, because it wasn’t your fault at all.” Pausing, she tried to think of whether or not that was all that should be said, and she quickly decided that if she dragged this on further, it would only make things more awkward. “I guess I’ll get going. . . I’ll see you around,” she added, before turning and walking in the direction of her room. She had no idea what she was going to do first, but she did know that she needed to let some time pass before she could go to see her mother. She needed to think of what to say, and she also wanted her anger to build up again so that she could really lay into her mother for her pain.

Table by Miyu!
[/html]
[html]

sswm - 628

The Church girl could sense the discomfort in Princess, the awkward silence that developed after her small response and the two sitting upon the floor. It was not until Princess spoke again that Mati followed suit and rose from the ground. The two had never spoke at this length, and though it started out as a confrontation that two had actually been able to moved past it. In the past they hadn’t, and Mati remembered when she had been so passive aggressive, and then simply could not allow the other girl to think that Haven was anything by honorable (even though it was all Princess thought). Though the sister didn’t like the thought of the two together, she was ready to move forward and call their differences as just that. Mati could not control her brother’s choices, and she was beginning to understand that in the end as long as he was happy there was nothing else that mattered. It was only her nature to distance herself from those that brought her angst, whether it was their fault or not. She wouldn’t fight her, having come to this understanding, but even know she still could not call Princess her friend. The two were simply not there yet. The young woman nodded, finding that words were not about to pour from her mouth. She felt the need for space, and was ready to create it.

The two rose, Mati feeling the ache of sitting so long seeping into her muscles. The brown wolfess was ready to dismiss the girl with a nod and a soft smile of understanding. It was time that they both were left to let the news settle, and prepared for how they would each deal with it. Princess would go see the mother that had pushed Ares away from all of them, and Mati? She could not guess to how she might deal with his disappearance. In the hesitation that the clothed woman made Mati turned to face her once again. The apology was a surprise and Mati spoke without thinking over her words,
“I would have done the same.” It was raw and honest and there was not restraint in them. Thankfully they did form calmly, and only said to show that Mati did understand and didn’t hold it against her. She would have blown through the other’s door, demanding answers and wouldn’t have been as restrained as Princess had been, even if she had though her emotions and actions volatile.

It was all she said, leaving her with no ‘good luck’s or ‘be careful’s. No, she had already given her all that Mati was about to sacrifice. The rest she needed for herself, needed to strengthen her own weakened psyche. Tears of moments past were dried on her cheek, as if they hadn’t even happened. But they had not dried up completely, still filling the well behind her eyes. The girl turned and retreated back into her room, feeling as if the past experience was a dream. Nothing had changed in the space that was her bedroom and studio, everything in is place. Mati had to looked behind her at the door that she had shut and remember the words spoken just beyond it. The shock returned, the feelings overwhelming and far more similar to the way Princess must have felt when she banged on the other side of her door. He was gone, gone before knowing the feelings that Mati couldn’t describe, feelings that had been so vulnerable that she knew if spoke aloud and rejected by the male would have broken her heart.

Tears fell, freely until her vision was blurred and she could hardly staggered to her bed. Mati placed her face in her hands, wishing that everything were different.

[/html]