with intimate strangers
[html]

Private for Tokyo, when you get a chance to reply. =D Dated 12/27? 500+ words.

even in the darkness every color can be found

####This was the time that could be called the "calm after the storm." Princess had accepted her brother's dissappearance now, not even certain of what day he had left, even, but she knew it could not be changed now. Along with this acceptance, the Chance girl no longer blamed Mati for Ares leaving the pack. After the meeting she had with Mati the day before, the girl now held a great deal of anger for her mother, but she was no longer blaming Mati, trying to listen to what Ares had written in his note. If he did not blame Mati, then she had no right to blame her, either, even if it meant that Tokyo probably knew that she was living there now, too. Would her mother come looking for her, or did she already know that Princess had left of her own choosing?

####She had not slept at all last night, trying to decide what she needed to do about the situation. It did not seem right to let Tokyo keep the upper hand, especially if she might come looking for her two children. Still wearing the same white halter dress from the day before, Princess now found herself skirting the Dahlian border, knowing exactly where she was going. She did not know if her mother would be there, but she knew that Tokyo would still be leaving in the den by the ocean. Even without her daughter there, her mother would still be living there as if nothing had happened. Tokyo was too selfish to give up what she liked for anyone else, and that included the daughter she had doted on for so long. Through her actions, Princess had severed any love between the two women, so alike, and yet, so different from one another.

####Unaware iof the change in leadership in the pack she had once lived in, Princess was not concerned in the least about being found within the pack's territory. As far as she knew, she had not done anything actually wrong, so she would not get in serious trouble if she was found. A lie could always be constructed, as well, about how much she missed her mother and wanted to see her. Cercelee likely wouldn't believe it, since she knew the truth, but Princess did not think the Rosea would hurt her. Anyone else in the pack would certainly believe a girl just wanted to see her mother, right? It was a very likely story, but it would not come in handy if the new Rosen found her, a change Princess was not aware of. If she had known about this, Princess might have thought twice about entering.

####The heavy scent of the salt water drew her closer, and soon, Princess found herself very close to the place where she had spoken to Cercelee about leaving the pack. Her mother's den, provided she had not moved out of it, was not very far away, and Princess stopped moving far enough away that she could not see into its depths. "Tokyo," she called, voice demanding. She was finally doing what she had originally come here to do, and though she was terrified, her voice did not falter and her posture remained tall.

Table by Miyu!
[/html]
[html]

date is fine~ Big Grin. 548 words, SSWM.

The voice was one from the past. Mostly asleep (which was much of how she spent these days, so close she was to delivering these puppies), it sounded like merely a dream. Sometimes Princess showed up in those, on occasion. The pain had eased with the simple application of time, but she still had moments where her daughter's absence felt like a palpable thing. Especially right after Addison had moved out; the loneliness really got to her. Soon, though, soon she'd have company again. Little annoying squealing balls of tiny company.. But still, better than nothing. And god, then she would be beautiful again. How fat she was right now! That was what kept her isolated, kept her hiding out from the rest of the pack. Tokyo wasn't the most social of creatures in the world, but normally she liked more interaction than this. Soon, soon she could be rid of this spawn and step back into the real world.

Her first thought, on her pathway back to consciousness, was that maybe it was Addison, coming back to visit. But no, once her nose woke up it was fairly clear that the distinctive D'Angelo's scent was not hanging in the air. It was fairly clear that.. What, Princess?! Tokyo jolted awake instantly, double-checking her nose, fluttering open eyelids to focus ice-cold orbs on the form silhouetted in the doorway. She was bigger, now. How old was she? A year, no, over a year, how long had it been? God, how old was Tokyo herself, now? It didn't matter, didn't matter as long as she didn't look her age, as long as she was still beautiful... Which of course, she wasn't at the moment. But she'd regain her good looks! It was their fault she had ended up in this situation anyway, Haku just couldn't resist her beauty.

Pushing her up to a standing position on her two legs (impregnated in this form, she was trapped living in optime - at least she could read fairy tales to while away the hours), she stumbled wearily towards the door. She had a plush lavender robe on, tied loosely around her gigantic belly. This was not going to be a litter of just one or two, she half-expected to end up with more children than the last time she gave birth. She had this and two stretchy dresses that were big enough to still fit her in her gigantic state of being. Her hair was in more disarray than Princess had probably ever seen in her entire life, frizzy and unbrushed. Tokyo couldn't help but run her fingers through her golden brown curls, trying to smooth it out as she approached her long gone daughter.

"May I help you?" Her tone was cool and cordial. Her left hand rested protectively on her belly. She wasn't sure how she felt about Princess' visit, but she knew that she wanted her daughter to hurt for the pain that she had caused. That was only fair, wasn't it? Her eyes swept over her daughter's form. At least she was taking good care of her body, she was still pretty. If only Buttface hadn't fucked her over so badly, hadn't poisoned her sweet, loving nature..
[/html]
[html]

590 words.

####Now that she was standing outside of her dreadful mother's den, Princess honestly did not know what she was going to do. Going to Mati's room in her state of newfound anger had been easy; there had already been a bad bond between the two girls, so yelling at her had not been difficult. The worst part was that she had realized how wrong she was in blaming Mati, and she had allowed the Church girl to see her cry. The bond with her mother, however, was different. There was no viable hatred between the two--as far as she knew, Tokyo might still love her. As far as she knew, the truth had stayed hidden within Cercelee and herself, and her mother might be overjoyed to see her finally come back to her.

####The cold tone of her mother's voice shocked her, drawing the girl's golden eyes to meet her mother's, hardened to her presence in a way that surprised her. "I left you," she said simply, though the words were not the ones she had meant to speak. "I was never kicked out. I wanted to see the pack that you said was so horrible, and I ran into my brother there. And then, I asked Cercelee to help me leave you," she continued coldly. She had not known what she was going to say to her mother, but now it all seemed to be flowing naturally. She wanted to hurt her mother, cause her pain in retaliation for the pain she had caused both of her children, and the pain that she continued to cause them, even now. For everything that she had done to both of them--the physical pain and neglect for Ares, and the pain that seeing that caused Princess--Tokyo deserved to feel pain, and a great deal of it. Princess could never cause her mother physical pain; all she could do was rely on words to do it.

####"I've been living there happily ever since, Tokyo, and I haven't missed you at all, not even once." It wasn't even really a lie. There had been points where she thought of her mother, but she would not go so far as to say that she had been missing her. "I met a boy, and we had sex, just days after you tried telling me it was bad. And you know what? It wasn't. It was great, and I felt free of you," she added, attempting to glorify the first encounter she had had with Haven. There was more between them now than there had been at that time, but she did not know how to explain it to her mother. Tokyo would probably mock her somehow, anyway.

####Thoughts finally turning back to the note that her brother had left for her, Princess narrowed her eyes at her mother. "But because of you. . . My brother left. He left because he's still afraid of you, and I hate you for that. He left me without even saying good-bye. It's your fault that everything is going wrong!" she growled, frustrated. Finally, her eyes strayed over her mother's form, taking in the frazzled appearance and the strange garments, settlig on her swollen stomach. "You're. . . pregnant?" she whispered incredulously. Her eyes widened at the thought, her mouth falling open slightly at the thought. Tokyo was pregnant? At the very least, Princess could throw something at her regarding that. "You look horrible," she said, her tone nonchalant. Her mother was so vain that it was bound to affect her in some way.

Table by Miyu!
[/html]
[html]

597 words!

The sudden appearance of a backbone in her daughter was honestly surprising to Tokyo. Who would have thought she'd ever grow one of those? The way she spoke to her mother, though! No goddamn respect. It was good that Princess had left. She was a failure of a daughter. This new litter would give her an opportunity to actually do things right. So disdainful was she of Princess at the moment that her words were greeted with stony apathy. Honestly, it hadn't been much better to think that she had fucked up on stealing, had been so stupid to steal from the leader of the pack.

Most worrying was the fact that Cercelee had helped her leave. "What does Cercelee know?" There was a warning tone in her voice, one that would have sounded more dangerous had she actually looked to be in any sort of condition to physically harm her daughter. Selfish, selfish concerns always first. It was the way with Tokyo. Princess was a lost cause. What she wanted to know was how much she was going to have to hate her daughter, now. Maybe that was how Haku found out about Buttface and her dead children? That would be funny, in a terribly ironic sense. She had done what she'd done in order to keep things quiet.. but maybe it was too late, and everyone already knew. Why then hadn't she been chased off the lands? Why was she still allowed to stay here? The actual knowledge of Cercelee didn't really matter anymore, not since Haku had taken the reigns, what was only important was how far the word had spread.

Princess met a boy? And enjoyed sex? God, she must be seriously deluded. Tokyo almost felt a moment's pity at the thought of her daughter being brainwashed by some male. But, whatever. Ugh, though, this meant she might be a grandmother soon. That was a terrifying thought as far as her mortality went. Not that she'd ever care to see whatever little rats Princess happened to give birth to. It was just strange to think that her blood was being passed on, that Princess was even this old. When had those little squirming balls turned into real wolves?

Interesting to hear about Buttface. It seemed she was still having a fairly strong effect on his life, present or not. Ohh, that little girl Mati must have gone running back to tell him how she'd met his mother. Poor thing must have felt absolutely terrible to drive him away like that! Tokyo wasn't sorry, because even now that she cared less about his influence on Princess, she wanted to hurt her daughter, and it seemed that indirectly driving away her brother had done so fairly effectively.

"You know I always have said you're better off without Buttface's influence." She drawled lazily, completely ignoring most of what her daughter had said. "Sounds like you're enjoying your life. I'm happy for you, really." Sarcasm. "I'm pregnant. Haku's children, actually. These kids will be real royalty. He's leader now, did you hear?" As opposed to, of course, the empty title that was Princess' name. "A much better bloodline than your failure of a father. I'm excited to get to raise some kids actually worth my time." A warm grin split her face, and though her stomach churned when Princess delivered the insult, Tokyo knowledge of how much these words would hurt kept her smile from faltering.
[/html]
[html]

632 words.

####Never had she imagined telling her mother the truth after her sudden departure from Dahlia de Mai, but it seemed only fitting now that she try to hurt her mother as much as her mother had hurt her, both past and present incidents in regards to her beloved brother, and now with the appearance of her swollen abdomen. If she had not been so angry about her brother’s disappearance and her misplace anger towards Mati, the girl might have even forgotten the reason that she had come to her mother’s den at the sight of the older woman’s condition. She wanted to know how this could have happened, since Tokyo had seemed so adamantly against sex, males, and puppies all together. Tokyo truthfully did not look as wretched as Princess wanted to make her feel, and the girl scoffed, apparently disgusted by her mother’s state of being. It was a true emotion, though, as she found it completely appalling that someone like her god-awful mother could actually continue bringing children into this world. She and her brother had enough problems, so it did not seem fair to force that on even more young ones now that she had lost her only two remaining children. That was the only logical reasoning she could come up with for her mother’s pregnancy, since she knew how her mother felt about pregnancy and puppies.

####“Everything. She knows everything,” she said simply, a smirk dancing across her muzzle. It was not the complete truth, but her mother would not be able to tell that. If Princess had been willing to leave her mother for her brother without much of a second thought, why wouldn’t she have told Cercelee everything? There were minor things she had left out, but the foundation was there. “I had to tell her how horrible you were so that I could leave safely, because my brother”—she refused to refer to him as Tokyo’s son—“did not want you to know he was here, and for good reason.” A lot of good it had done her in the end, though, considering she was now left alone in Crimson Dreams, the same state she had been in even in Dahlia de Mai. There was not complete loneliness, of course, as she still had Haven in Cour des Miracles to turn to, and she now considered Mati to be, more or less, a friend. The two girls were certainly on better terms than they had been upon their initial meeting, and she was glad that she could now say that she had Mati to turn to, as well. She supposed that would be a good thing in the first place, but even more so because the girl was Haven’s sister, and they were obviously very close to one another.

####Her mother’s tone elicited a growl from her daughter, Princess’ fur bristling at her mother’s condescending tone. She wanted to hurt her mother more now; it was not her fault that Tokyo had gotten pregnant the first time, was it? She hated that her mother seemed to want to hurt her further than she already had. “Are you planning on killing them, too?” she snarled, crossing her arms defiantly across her chest, placing yet another barrier between mother and daughter. She hated that her mother seemed so happy about her upcoming litter, and with someone as unpleasant as Haku Soul. Princess had only met the former Lilium once before her departure, but she distinctly remembered him as being terribly rude and even a bit frightening. Certainly she would not admit this to her mother, though, but she sincerely hoped that Haku had hurt her or would do so soon. It was exactly what Tokyo would deserve for all of her past, and most likely future, wrong-doings.

Table by Miyu!
[/html]
[html]

short, but i fig'd that was better than making you wait more? plz don't hate me for fail!slow ;-;

Goosebumps ran their course when Princess announced that she had told Cercelee everything. It didn't take long for Tokyo to reason them away, though. First of all, it was incredibly likely that her daughter was lying. Of all people, Tokyo knew not to trust the words that came out of the mouths of others as necessarily anywhere near the truth. And if Princess was telling the truth.. what of it? It had been a long time since Cercelee and Tokyo had met to discuss her daughter's absence, and even longer since Princess had initially disappeared. If her leader knew her crimes, she had had ample opportunity to punish her for them. Her silence meant either she didn't know or didn't care, and either way Tokyo would be safe. Yes. There was nothing to fear from Cercelee.

The Dahlian woman responded slowly and carefully to her daughter's direct question. It was a aimed comment, meant to wound, but the barb missed it's mark completely. These puppies did not her guilt at her previous murders; they soothed it. Here was her chance to try again, to make amends, to do better. To fail less. To produce kids that didn't turn out like this spoiled, snarky, stupid girl. "No, stupid. Didn't you listen to a word I said? These puppies have value. Why would I hurt them?" Her voice, her careful and clear distinction between the litter currently bulging her belly and the one she had destroyed, made it readily apparent what she thought of Princess, Buttface and their dead siblings.
[/html]
[html]

500+ words.

####Confiding in Cercelee had been necessary, even if she had not felt completely comfortable doing it. Back then, the younger Chance femme had cared greatly about hurting her mother, even if she would not admit it. She had left Tokyo without a word to after their fight, but she had still been concerned about upsetting her mother. By saying it was only for Ares’ and her own protection and benefit, she would be lying, if only a little bit. It had not seemed likely that Cercelee would have said or done something to Tokyo after Princess’ confession, but still, she had asked the Rosea to simply tell her mother that she had been kicked out. No matter her crimes, Princess had not wanted to hurt her mother then. The older Chance had done enough in her lifetime to warrant a great deal of punishment, but she had gotten off free the entire time. Once upon a time, this was something that Princess had almost admired in her mother. No matter what she did, Tokyo seemed to evade punishment completely. And even though she had hurt her more times than she could count in the past, Princess had never wanted to hurt her mother.

####Now, however, it was a completely different story. There was only so much that she could put up with, and she had reached her limit long ago, it just had not become necessary to do something about it until she had learned of what her brother had done. By leaving, he had hurt her almost as much as Tokyo ever had, but it was a different kind of hurt. While the hurt from her mother had led to anger, her hurt at her brother’s sudden departure left her feeling empty and sick. With Ares’ absence, Princess simply felt alone and betrayed, and now she had found herself in a situation that could have easily been prevented if she had simply thought about it for a few more moments. She should never have come to see her mother. Tokyo would always win, no matter what the battle was. The older woman had the experience and the cruel personality to match such a thing, and Princess would never even come close to that. It was both a blessing and a curse. She did not know which it was, right at that moment.

####The words stung, but the Dreamer pushed away the hurt, refusing to let her mother win with another comment like that one. She had no idea why it was that anyone would have had sex with her wretched mother, and yet, she knew that Haku Soul had been a little off center when she had met him so long ago. It seemed ridiculous that she would be allowed to carry puppies, though, given her history. “You really aren’t as smart as you think, you know. . . You don’t understand much. You don’t deserve puppies, even if you think they have more value, she spat, mocking her mother’s stressing of the word. “Maybe these pups will find out how horrible you really are, and they’ll grow to hate you, too.” She was at a loss for words, but she kept speaking anyway, trying not to back down against her mother.

Table by Miyu!
[/html]