Just pick yourself back up
[html]
Private: Zynex!

It had been a while since Ty had worked to get back into shape, and as such, beginning a new regimen would be tough, and he would end up tired very much. But if Ty wanted to get back into fighting shape, he had to start up soon, the Valley needed more than just Pendzez and Jefferson to help protect the boarders. Sure, Phoenix Valley was peaceful now, but who knows who would come in to wreak their havoc? After all, he had a very enlightening experience with Jantus and his pack, and after knowing what he now knew, he had to really get back into his old profession.

Today, he decided to try and test his endurance, and what better way to do that by hunting something down by himself? Not only would that help him improve his speed and maneuverability, it wold allow him to practice making quick killing shots, which would be helpful in both future hunts and fights with other wolves. He began to scour for a target, something, anything, but something particularly challenging to hunt once it got a head start. He wanted to catch something that would provide a challenge for him to kill on his own, but not impossible. He used his powerful nose to try and track an animal scent anything he could find would be good, though the more challenging the better. His eyes then spotted some hoof prints while his nose caught the bitter scent of deer urine. What a foul smell it was, but after a few more whiffs of the vile fluid sprayed along the ground, Ty figured out it was fairly fresh. In fact, the hoof print led away from the urine scent, so that meant that the deer wasn't too far away. Perhaps this was what he had been looking for, and now that food was on his mind, he had realized he was rather hungry as well. However, if the deer was a male, he'd have to look somewhere else, trying to kill a male deer, elk, or anything of that size would spell death for a young male wolf like him, no matter how good he was at it, a male deer would run him through on his antlers without a second thought.

When he eventually did find his target, what he found was an incredibly lucky find. The creature was a female white-tailed deer, a creature that on one's own would be a fairly big challenge but still a manageable kill if one could catch up with it. Laying low, he did his best to try and blend with his surroundings, of course, this in itself was a challenge. Being of orange fur, he didn't match the color of the white snow now layering the ground, but deer didn't exactly rely on sight anyway, it was hearing they really paid attention too, but that was also a challenge for Ty in snowy territory. He did his best to try and spread his paws wide, moving slowly as to not make a sound or attract attention, getting ever closer to his meal. His eyes now locked on the doe, moving in utter silence in order to get close enough so he could land a killing strike without a chase.

However, he made one error, one simple youthful error that he should have seen coming. When he placed his paw into the snow, underneath the snow was a twig that when stepped on made a loud snap, which caused the deer to rear it's head in it's primal paranoia. It's eyes locked onto the intimidating frame that was Ty, and it was off like a bullet, with the young wolf hot on it's heels. The deer attempted to lose him by dashing into the trees, ducking and weaving through the branches, all the more enjoyable for Ty. He had meant for this to be an exercise as well as a hunt, the fact that the creature ran into the trees just meant that Ty would get to practice maneuvering. So Ty pursued the frantic animal thorugh the thick forest, the mighty trunks of the trees and the snow covered branches whipped by him as he twisted and turned, following the weaving path of the panicked beast that would hopefully become his lunch. He could hear his own panting along with the sound of their feet pattering at the ground, with pauses every once in a while to hear them jump over a branch or rock. Ty's eyes never left the deer, even when it made a sudden turn into another direction, Ty would follow it with pinpoint precision. What made it better was that he could see that the deer was slowing, allowing Ty to get closer and closer to it's hindquarters, his lethal lines of gleaming white teeth now snapping at the beast before him.

However, it was only at this moment that Ty realized which way they were headed, the large rushing river that had frozen over, and it was now that his sense kicked in. The deer and him were heading towards very thin ice, which could be disastrous for both of them. As much as Ty hated to admit it, this was where the chase had to stop, he couldn't pursue the creature over the river under the risk of death by a watery grave. So as they got to the clearing where the river was waiting, Ty screeched to a halt, only to watch his prey run onto the river's thin layer of ice. He could only grimace as he heard the cracking of the ice, then watching as his potential meal, now halfway to the other side, suddenly plummeted into the water, the ice breaking away under it's paws, now lost in a freezing, rushing river to which it would suffer a horrible death.

With the hunt being a failure, Ty sat next to the riverbed with a rather discontented look on his face for a second as he caught his breath. His prey had indeed died, but it was claimed by the river instead of him. However, within a few minutes he sighed, shrugged, and grinned. "Ah well...can't make the kill every time..." Ty said to himself as his panting slowed to a steady breathing. He had lost the deer, but at least he lost it to a much bigger opponent, in fact, he lost it to the most powerful force on Earth, and that was Earth itself. It was with this optimistic attitude that Ty began to sniff around for the whiff of another creature. If he couldn't get the deer, he might as well make another shot at catching something today, he needed more exercise as well.
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... yu/ice.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top;">

ooc: Smile

A tranquil day, if she could call it this, since the night before was restless and filled with nightmares and images of home. Quite a turn of events, this admittance into this pack with land so abundant the she-wolf was hard-pressed to look upon it in anything other than splendor. Each day held great potential for something to be learned, the witness the beauty of something exotic and rich, and she looked forward to each day here if only to replace the terrible past that still haunted her.

The day had drawn her to her greatest fears. A living body with a will of its own though it never spoke or gestured, and yet it devoured life silly enough to underestimate its greatness. Her thirst for its essence outweighed her fears on this day and compelled her to drink. She dipped her head into the rushing rapids, feeling the waters lap at her muzzle and filter into her nostrils as she tried to breathe. Its efforts were thwarted to drown her for her nose was not submerged and her plant on the ground was to steady to allow to slip. She drink deeply from the crystal essence, slipped her eyes closed in rapture and filled her belly until she could drink no more. She was content and without worry, simply enjoying the simplicity of the act.

Her peace was broken so suddenly. A disturbance of stampeding hooves raised her head from the water and veer back in time to see a frightened doe charge for the rapids. Its movements erratic as if death were nipping at its heels. It cried as it anticipated its escape but was taken by the waters and cast down with its flow. A thin stream of red marred the crystal churning surface, than was gone. The female watched with an idle eye as the body floated and tossed its way, rounding her shoulders in a wolven shrug for its misfortune. A shame…but such was life. Yet, she was curious as to what caused the creature such alarm. She rewound her head to her rear as a ginger form came into sight, his expression disappointed and body burdened with the wear of the chase. She understood what his attempts were by his labored breath and the expression of a lost catch on his face. Zyn pulled herself from the shores and turned to face her company, tail gingerly swaying in greeting. “Good day,” she offered politely, dipping her cranium as she recalled his form as one whom she had hunted with.

Words: 425

I'm thinking about something... Be quiet when I talk. I'm just wandering
[/html]
[html]
Ty's ears perked up when he heard the voice of another nearby, which caused him to snap out of his zoning out and look around to see where the voice came from. His eyes then laid upon a wolf, a female wolf to be exactly. who apparently had been out her eon her own, like him. this in itself was unusual, out in this area he didn't find any other wolves around, at least not in the winter, unless they were hunting, and at that point they were with a pack. What exactly was she doing here alone? Ty decided agaisnt asking the female about that, he had no right to prod.

"Oh, hello there." Ty said as he tried to identify a name with her face, though at the moment he came up with nothing on his mind. Who was this girl? That's when it hit him, this woman was familiar to him, though not in the way he had guessed. "Oh....Oh I remember you!" He said with a joyful smile "I hunted with you once! I remember you being exceptional at it as well!" He smiled kindly to her and nodded back in acknowledgment. He then gave out a somewhat defeated chuckle as he then motioned to where the deer fell through the ice. "Did you see that chase by the way? All that effort and mother nature decides to steal a meal from me! How about that huh?" He then snickered again as he looked in her direction to observe her reaction, not sure how she took humor.

That's when he realized that he did not know her name, and in turn, she did not know his. All they had done in their last encounter was go for a hunt, talk a bit, then part ways, they hadn't bothered asking each other's names. It was funny that this was the second time this week that names had not been really addressed. Deciding now that it was his job to break the ice and give names, he asked her "Hey, while you're here, what is your name anyway? I don't think we were properly introduced the last time we met. I'm Ty."
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... yu/ice.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top;">

ooc:

With a curious eye, she watched the male wander, his nose pressed to the ground as he went about, but once her voice reached him, his attention now drawn to her, his curiosity waned and now that lingered was a stillness as if she had been caught. Her brows receded in alarm, perhaps expecting some scolding for interrupting the brujo as he went about his business. The faintest light of recognition lit his eyes, but it was not enough to speak to her that he truly remembered. Yet in his greeting came the voice of remembrance and with it a praise to her achievements. The titan dipped her head bashfully, tail coming to caress her inner thigh in modesty then briskly righted itself again, wagging fervently. She was pleased to be remembered.

He lead in conversation to the event that transpired, the death of his quarry, snatched by Nature’s rapids and tossed downstream beneath the ice. A waste of succulent meat, but twas life in and of itself, she could not dare complain. “A tragedy,” she agreed with a momentary depress of her dome. “Perhaps luck will favor you next time and grant you a fairer reward for your troubles.” A sincere hope on the part of the dame, for who really deserved to be deprived of their meals.

But now given the opportunity, she was able to spy the ginger for his build and assets. Shorter than herself, but from her knowledge of the hunt, he made up for it with speed and dexterity. Quite the hunter if she was so bold comment, and very valuable to the pack as a while. More were needed to take charge as he had for the success of hunts to come. It was evident his heart was well, and spirit independent, for who else would attempt to down a deer on their own for a meal if not one of strong heart, or a Wanderer in spirit. To this, she smiled broadly. Yet the smile was taken by genuine shock as something so simple as a name had yet to be shared between them. “Zynex,” she beast offered hastily, again downing her head in proper greeting to appease her audience. “It is a pleasure to meet you Ty. I feel bothered we were unable to make this exchange the first time we met. It seems…silly, now that I think about it.”

Words: 399

[/html]
[html]
Ty could only chuckle in agreement when Zynex took sympathy on his missed catch. "Yeah, though it's not so bad that I missed this one." He proposed as he had finally caught his breath. "I mean...look on the bright side, I could have followed that doe to the same watery grave it did if I hadn't kept my awareness up." His lips contorted to a grin as he continued to think about his grim fate had he been careless. "Then I wouldn't be talking to you, so this could have been a lot worse than it was, I just lost a meal" He looked back to the foreboding frozen river, the powerful roar of running water echoing even when encased in ice. "So, in that case I'm lucky, after all, nothing beats the forces of nature in the end."

Ty was amused though by the eloquent language she used when she spoke, one of the first things he recognized when talking with Zynex, he had never heard of a wolf speaking with that much formal and precise language used in casual speech. After being raised by gruff-speaking warrior types, to hear some more formal speech was a huge change. Truly she must have been brought up respecting the human language, hearing her talk was simply interesting for Ty. He was having a good first impression of the wolf, even physically she was a capable wolf. She was slightly taller than him, but he could see she wasn't as bulky in muscle as him, which gave him his speed, nevertheless she was still very toned and muscular, though not so to make her unattractive. Her legs were long, which explained why she was taller than him, and although made her look top-heavy, still supported her in a very balanced fashion. All-in-all, she was a very intriguing physical and mental wolf.

"Good to meet ya too Zynex!" He said with another small chortle, his tail wagging in enjoyment of company. "I do see your point though...I guess that day my stomach was talking more than my curiosity." shrugging it off, the ginger wolf plodded over to Zynex and gave another small chuckle. "To be honest, I'm not sure why you aren't more curious. I remember when I came to this pack I was curious about everything that was going on here!" Without warning his brow furrowed again as his eyes darted to Zynex. Ty now took a more curious tone as he asked her "Speaking of curiosity, may I be so bold as to ask what you are doing out here? Were you trying to catch a deer by yourself too?"

words: 439
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

Ty looked to be a light hearted soul in her eyes. Still young with the voice of innocence, though his form betrayed that ideal to a considerable degree. An optimist…or perhaps a realist as it were, but regardless of what he would title himself to be, the female could not keep herself from smiling gently in his presence. A strong talker, this one.

With her name announced, another form of conversation flourished, one that rose the ears of the she-wolf and skewed her dome curiously as she politely listened. Zyn had thought herself a curious individual, perhaps not as of late, but enough so to gather the information she needed to keep her abreast of the world about her. But she listened as an audience should in polite conversation, dipping her head occasionally as she came to agree with a few notes on his part. Perhaps she should have prodded the lands a little more…

The ginger’s eyes hardened considerably, taking the woman aback with this abrupt change to his elated demeanor…his inquiry unsettling to her ears. Had she done something wrong by lingering here alone? “You may ask all you want,” she offered cordially, ”But I don’t understand what good the response will do you.” Gradually, she pulled herself from the river’s edge and onto my stable ground, her steps wide granted by the length of her legs as she applied distance between herself and the ginger male whom had changed about her so quickly. She tested his scent briefly for ailments before retracting her muzzle. “I simply came here to think,” an honest response given her nature, for what good would a lie serve her in the presence of a packmate. “I was trying to recall something I had seen in another land, but though his name is present in my mind…what he had done to himself still escapes me.”

And in her thoughts, she formed the image of a rust colored male with a mane of ebony, twisted and coiled with avian foliage woven within.

Words: 338

[/html]
[html]
"Ah, I see." Ty said with a smile and a nod, his face relaxed as he continued to listen to her explanation. Although by the way she responded, she didn't enjoy his prodding "I was just curious, no need to feel prodded at. I just was interested to see what other people do out here." He said as he turned away from her to again look at the river, being able to barely see the water flow under the thick sheet of ice that now covers the water, save for the hole where the deer met it's gruesome and unfortunate end. "though, in retrospect, there really isn't much out here to do besides thinking or hunting, so I guess asking you what you were doing out here was a silly question." A scoff escaped Ty's mouth at his own expense. He was trying very hard to be polite and diplomatic while talking with the woman, but so far he had a very hard time reading the female's reaction. The way she spoke seemed very diplomatic like his own speech, though much more formal then his own, and a significant amount more stoic then his speech ever usually becomes. She was a hard female to read, but Ty would at least continue to try, communication after all was in expression and speech.

"So...how do you like the Valley so far?" He asked with a curious smile. that was good, a question that wouldn't dig into her past, which he could only assume she didn't feel like sharing, but would still find out a little bit about her. "Who have you met so far? I'm curious to see if everyone likes it here." It was hard to find an appropriate question for Zynex, as he didn't want to suddenly make her get defensive. Just judging by how she talked, he could only assume that she was not entirely open, but he didn't know for sure.

Of course, something detracted his mind for a second, and he winced and held a scar on his back leg. A wound he had was acting up again, despite it healing over a few months ago, wold still act up every now and again, and he couldn't explain it, perhaps it' hadn't healed right? He didn't know, but maybe he'd talk to Angel about it, and get her view on it's healing process.

words:396
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

Ah, but the she-wolf did feel prodded, as it was offered, but it was not in insult that she felt it. She understood the importance of inspection even if it was for something as simple as her intentions. Zyn was not so quick to take offence, but she was inclined to feel a little put off by the matter. In his own mind, the male denounced the question as pointless and Zynex hurried to correct him.

“No no,” she shook her massive head, understanding lit the starlit eyes of the dame. “It’s alright. I understand why you ask…you needn’t think it’s silly. I would inquire the same if put in your situation,” hastily added, but truthful none the less. She offered her best in a small smile, a gesture of good will to put the male at ease and continue with light, harmless conversation between packmates. But apparently, he was not put off by his concern, for again when his maw opened, curious words filtered out and broadened the delicate smile on the russet’s mouth. Her tail offered a friendly wag of content.

“I like this place,” she admitted, her voice dipping to a soft serenade once more. “There are always new places to explore. New boundaries to cross and it seems this land is endless.” She chuckled softly. “It is quite overwhelming at times, but I do enjoy it. Because of my many explorations, I have yet to find a settlement here, though I have come across one. I have met Xeris in her home with her children, and her mate Pendzezz in the fields. I have encountered Jefferson and his companion Geneva, and others who lay outside the Valley.” And how bright she appeared in recollection of what lied beyond the Valley expanse. But as if her words were poison to the pack male’s ears, her voice tread softer yet, the glimmer of mirth in her eyes remained. The smile secret as she dipped her head, but alive. “I have met the Chief Dawali. The extravagance of his mane will never cease to amaze me. I believe…I favor him the most of those I have met.” An ear descended modestly. “He offered sheltered to a four-legged stray when she could find none for herself…”

Words: 375

[/html]
[html]
A nod from Ty indicated he agreed with her thoughts about the role reversal, it did relax Ty a bit to know he hadn't come on too strong with the questions. He didn't want her to see him as overbearing or strict, for he was not like that at all, just curious. After all, he was still very young, not even two years old, and although quite experienced for his age, had not given up his youthful curiosity yet, although surely it wasn't nearly as annoying as it could have been, Ty had remained mature yet curious in his present state of mind.

Ty was also pleased to hear that Zynex was enjoying her stay here in the Valley, he was surprised to hear it was overwhelming though. He had not had too many issues with the navigation of the Valley, but that was most likely because he was born here. Although he hadn't lived here very long before being swept away, it was long enough for him to at leaast be familiar with the territory. He continued to listen patiently as she told him about the people of the Valley, many of the names he recognized rather well. "Xeris and Pendzez are good friends of mine, I hope they treated you well." He chimed in when she mentioned the two of them.

Her head suddenly ducked low and she went into a whisper, which cause Ty's brow furrowed slightly as he dipped his head low to hear her. His face then relaxed again when she told him about another person he was rather fond of as well, a wolf he had met named Dawali, although she called him 'Cheif', did that mean he was leader of a certain pack? The mention of the wolf made Ty grin widely though, a sign that he knew exactly what she was talking about when she mentioned the headdress. "Oh my god, I know what you mean. That headdress on Dawali is crazy! I wanted to ask him about it but I never got the chance!"

words:343
[/html]