the clock that ticks. (kae, snake, or viei)
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... s/truc.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:187px; background-position:top center; background-color:#F8BB4D; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#AB360D; line-height:15px;padding-bottom:10px;">This is for Kaena, Vieira, and Snake. That is the posting order for this first round only. Subsequent rounds will have no posting order; just post when it makes sense/you have time. Once the last person has posted, the next round will begin. After this first round, if your name is up it means you've yet to post for the current round! If at all possible, if you start the next round, try to write as much in the OOC portion of your post. <3 Derp, dated to the 8th.
@&#&$At first he'd felt much too tense to even consider leaving the territory. It had been just two days since the reincarnation of the Dahlian-Inferni war was declared, but already he was consumed by it. Needless to say, all of his random gallivants would come to a screeching halt. He had to be on hand just in case the worst happened; he had to detect any intruders and sound the alarm before they could get far enough to make a difference. Anselm knew he'd have to see Axle and Grit eventually, but the next full moon was (thankfully) nearly a full month away. Hopefully by then things would have settled down, but he doubted it would be so easy. He'd steal away for half a day, just long enough to check in, give them their payment, and run back home; he guessed there was little sense in sacrificing his flourishing business just because things in Inferni had run sour.
@&#&$Though the drugs were otherwise forgotten, his promise to Gabriel in late November was not. He'd dawdled too much with the greenhouse construction; if he'd jumped on it right then and there, it would already be up and running. At least he liked to tell himself so much, but if he dug down deep enough he'd know it was a lie. He hadn't even met Cassius until nearly a month later, and he was now convinced the coyote would be critical for getting the greenhouse operational. If it were warmer out he wouldn't need to worry about the stove (and all that went with it), but to grow anything in winter would require additional heat. The tricky part was getting just the right amount and finding a way to exhaust the smoke so that it didn't suffocate the plants (much less the gardener). Ultimately, he knew his mind could spin in circles all it wanted but that didn't mean anything was getting done.
@&#&$Maybe he was experiencing some kind of guilt--he felt as if he should have known about the attack on Kaena sooner, even though it would have been impossible without someone actually telling him. Coupled with the strong urge to act and do something, he decided to seek out the weary subleader. He'd been trailing her scent about the interior of their territory for maybe half an hour now and his efforts were about to pay off. After spotting her up ahead he sounded a quick, inquisitive bark before trotting up to her side as she walked. "Hey," he offered with a limp wag of his tail. These were hardly celebratory times and he figured he wouldn't beat around the bush. "I don't know if Gabriel told you, but I'm going to build a greenhouse--for medicine. I'm really hoping this storm passes way before it's got time to establish, but if we're in it for the long haul I figured I should get started on it now. I need to go to Halifax for supplies... I wasn't sure if you might want to come for anything else you needed or to lend a hand."

mall-caps;font-weight:bold;text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #AB360D">SoSuWriMo +517
[/html]
[html]

The silver-furred hybrid found it necessary to patrol the borders with the utmost care these days. The news that Inferni was at war would not take terribly long to travel to Dahlia de Mai. Even without Gabriel's official decree, it was unlikely they would have had to wait long for retaliation from their southwestern neighbor—the pack was now being led by Haku Soul. The Dahlian pack was now a dangerous liability, quite able to strike at any moment in time. The silver-furred coyote knew that with Haku at the helm, the Dahlian pack would not hesitate to come after Inferni, especially after the Centurion of the clan had spilled his blood once. The second time she hadn't left so much as a scratch on him, but the deal with the devil she'd made that night in Dalhousie University was only temporary. Her dignity was only enough to sate him for a short period of time; it would not be long now before she suffered his wrath again. All of Inferni would feel it now, for certain.

The hybrid had doubled her border patrolling efforts, paying special attention to the western border of the clan, as were all of the coyotes. Even through this the silver-furred woman did not forget about the rest of their perimeter; the coyote had paced around the whole of Inferni's territory at least once already today, and she was preparing for her second trek. There was a part of Kaena that was still quite determined to keep her stoic face forward and pretend she was still the strong subleader that Inferni required, even if she was shaking in her boots at the thought of facing Haku again. At least this time the clan would be at her back; at least this time it would not be in the dark, alone. Kaena would not be forced to confront him alone this time. Gabriel knew, Halo knew, Vieira knew. There were others to share the silver-furred Centurion's pain and suffering now, others to help her exact revenge.

Haku's position was one that could not be stood for. The coyote woman knew it, Gabriel knew it, Anselm knew it—they all did, to some extent. Halo was certainly aware of her half-brother's darker tendencies; the very mention of the chocolatey-furred wolf had elicited a rather strong response from the girl, though there was something entirely wrong about that entire encounter Kaena could not quite figure out. Halo had reacted too strongly—Kaena had commented to the cinnamon-furred woman that she felt too strongly for her, and though the hybrid had considered that meeting several times since it had actually happened, the coyote woman could not put her finger on precisely what it was that had bothered her about that meeting with Halo.

The sounds of someone hailing her reached her coal-furred ears, and the hybrid twisted her head back to look at Anselm, the source of the short yap that had caught the hybrid's attention. For Anselm's wolfish appearance, a very coyote noise had just escaped his lips, causing a faint smile to appear on the hybrid's lips. She'd never doubted him for a second, though others might have given their Caelum a cross-eyed glance for living amongst coyotes with his very canis lupus looks. He dove straight to the point, distracting her with talk of greenhouses and medicine, an effective way to draw the hybrid woman's attention away from her inner turmoil... for a moment, anyway. He spoke the name of the city, the fateful place where the silver-furred woman had encountered Haku for the second time, and the Centurion did not know whether or not she disguised the momentary horror she felt from her face. "Halifax? Just you and me?" the hybrid said, repeating the city's name and inquiring as to whether they'd have company—however much she trusted Anselm the silver-furred woman did not know if she could set foot in the human ruins again without an entire contingent of Inferni to flank her and keep her safe.

<style>
.kae-falls p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.kae-falls b {color:#640000;}
.kae-falls {text-align:justify; width:400px; padding:240px 0px 1px 0px; background-image:url(http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_fall.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; word-spacing:1pt; line-height:8pt; letter-spacing:.1pt; background-color:#C74A46; border:1px solid #000000; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
[/html]crap post is crap.
SSWM: 373

Kaena was gone when Vieira woke this morning and she had a miniature panic attack. Her mind went from one extreme to the other, remembering when she had been punished for sleeping too late. She knew to be awake when, or before, Kaena was and this morning the woman was gone entirely. She knew she had returned the night before and Vieira was able to sleep early and spend some of the evening on her own. Now she was trying to calm herself down from the lack of her own, breathe a few breaths before she took in any more conclusions. She worried about being punished again, wondering if Kaena was playing something on her and her eyes closed slowly to this.

Vieira knew better to leave, even if Kaena had given her a little freedom, because she could not take advantage of it. It was a privilege she was not going to abuse. If Vieira did not need to be away from the cave, she was not going to be unless Kaena told her otherwise. Vieira sat patiently just outside her room with her legs crossed over in an Indian. Her hands were flattened on the balls of her knees as she stared toward the entrance, waiting with a heart that beat faster than usual.

After time passed and Vieira could not sit still any longer, she began to stand and felt the rush of blood shoot through the veins of her legs. Her feet had fallen asleep and she had to take a moment. Standing up straight, she stretched her muscles and moved to the entrance, peering out with golden eyes and trying to detect her owner from anywhere nearby. This late in the morning, Vieira worried further after being left alone without so much a word. It stressed her out and caused her to leave the entrance of the cave and move a few yards away to check the surrounding area.

Vieira put her nose to use and the scent of her owner was fresh, nearby, and she started to relax. At least she would have an answer soon, but until then the slave did not go further and began to back up toward the cave where it was safe.

[html]
[/html]
[html]

Snake did little more than eat, drink, sleep, and prepare for this war nowadays. It was natural to him—actually far more natural than the “peace” that they had been living in previously. He liked an open threat more than silent maliciousness, mostly because he liked to be able to see his enemy. How he could, and he was trying to plan as best as he could. He wanted to prove himself to the leadership of the clan (as this was before he was promoted to Hydra) and he wanted to defend his home. He had selfishly before said that when the clan endangered him, he would leave. That sentiment had deserted him, though—he regarded Inferni as the home that he had never had before, and he wanted to see it and its people protected. If it meant tearing a few wolves to pieces, he would help. At least that was the one thing that he felt like he was capable of doing well.

Before he had tried to construct a rudimentary fence in the wooded borders of Inferni—it wouldn’t stop any marauding wolves for too long, but it would certainly be something of a deterrent for them, and would slow them up some. He walked along that first this morning, checking to see if there were any breaks. He did not see any, so he believed that they had not had any unwanted trespassers… at least not through this area. He continued along, his senses keen for whomever might want to be trying to show off for Haku in Dahila de Mai. Luckily he did not find anyone from that pack, but he did find two members of Inferni whom he had recently been getting to know better.

Kaena Lykoi and Anselm de le Poer. He approached out of politeness, dipping his head and greeting them with a, “Kaena, Anselm,” which was one of his more wordy greetings (as he would sometimes not say anything at all). As he had approached he had heard a few snippets from what Anselm had been talking about, something about a green house and supplies and Halifax, to which Kaena asked if it would be just them. Be it dumb luck, plot power, or divine providence, Snake had seemed to come at just the right time. “If you need someone else to come along, I would be happy to. There are a few things that I need to get in the city as well.” In his spare time and sleepless hours, he had been working on the broken 1911 Custom he had found in a pawn shop in Halifax. It was still not working, but he thought he was getting closer to understanding what was wrong. And if he could manage to get that old human pistol working, it might be pretty useful for the coyotes in their war against Inferni. He was not getting his hopes up—the thing was pretty stubborn when it came to remaining broken—but it was certainly something to think about.

[/html]
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... s/truc.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:187px; background-position:top center; background-color:#F8BB4D; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#AB360D; line-height:15px;padding-bottom:10px;">I thought the 'keeping things from falling off' duty would be a good one for Vieira, maybe? Round 2
@&#&$Anselm was still extremely fuzzy on the details of Kaena's attack; he knew who, but he didn't really know when, where, or how. As the information had not been volunteered to him already, he assumed it was not in his place to ask. He wasn't particularly sure it mattered anyway--Haku could have so much as looked at her the wrong way and he'd have considered it a perfectly legitimate excuse to take the monster out. If the same situation had come about with a different pack as their target he'd be asking more questions, but where the blue-eyed devil was concerned there wasn't a hint of doubt in his mind that the demon deserved whatever sentence she and Gabriel had declared for him.
@&#&$Her trepidation made him wonder, but instead of pressing it he simply tilted his head to one side and then shrugged. "I don't know... I'm going to need a lot of crap. I'm sure I can haul a good chunk of it on my own, but having a few extra hands on deck certainly couldn't hurt," he said. The tools he needed grew heavy quickly in quantity for they were all made of metal... the building materials, while less dense individually, were required in such bulk that they, too, would fast become as hefty as they were awkward. "Hell, even if someone could keep shit from falling off whatever I find to transport it all back, things'll go much smoother.. they wouldn't even have to put any muscle into it, really," he added as an afterthought.

@&#&$Only then did he register the presence of another; Snake had a delightfully silent gait (as he'd discovered earlier on their little expedition to Phoenix Valley). The other's voice caused his head to swivel and his tail to flop thrice behind him--Snake was easily one of his favourites. Sanity, apparently, counted for a lot in Anselm's book. "Hey Snake," he offered as a casual greeting, ears cupping forward as the younger boy piped up, adding to their conversation. "Sure," he said through a grin, also struck by the infallible timing that could've bespoke divine intervention to the more superstitious. "If there ain't too much you need, maybe you could lend me a hand--otherwise, I'll figure somethin' out," he said with a nod, peering to Kaena imploringly: were they all set, then?

mall-caps;font-weight:bold;text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #AB360D">SoSuWriMo +391
[/html]
[html]

461. Viei will reply next, and then Snake? :o

The prospect of heading to the city had awakened fear within the hybrid. She was not certain she was ready to head back to the city; there were many bad memories locked into her head there. They had been driven into her skull with a mallet, imprinted on her forever. She had always enjoyed exploring the concrete jungle, but she wondered now if she was prepared enough for it. She listened to the other canine's plans with half-cocked ears, more concerned with her own thoughts than with his plans. She knew she'd never travel into the city alone again; that much was almost for certain. Then again, she didn't quite need to go alone. She had Vieira.

"Yeah... never hurts to prepare. Vieira could handle that," the coyote woman said, thinking of pick-up duty. She had no idea what they would find in the city that would help them carry things. The best she thought they could hope for would be some sort of cart, though she doubted any of them would suffer the indignity of being forced to pull it like some sled dog. Well, Viei would, but Kae doubted she had the strength to pull much of anything, and something in the silvery Centurion figured Anselm and Snake certainly would not approve of this duty being delegated to the other canine. Snake's approach and subsequent greeting caused her to twist her head back around, looking to the Hastati with her single yellow eye.

"Hello, Snake," she stated. It made her feel a hell of a lot better to know that both Anselm and Snake would be there; with the two of them and her, they were certain to be a formidable opponent against almost anything they encountered, except for perhaps a Dahlian contingent several times larger than them. "I think I'll run back to the caves to fetch Vieira," the hybrid said when Anselm pressed her for anyone else to bring. "I'll be back," she called over her shoulder, already trotting quickly toward the caves. It took her a few moments, but she arrived just in time to find Viei venturing out of the cave, peering about anxiously.

The coyote issued a short yapping sort of bark to the other canine to catch her attention. "Anselm, Snake and I are heading off to the caves. Come on," the hybrid said, giving enough indicating Viei should come along with that. There was no asking if she wanted to go; the Quintus must prove useful to Inferni as a whole in some way, beyond what just Kaena needed and wanted from her. The coyote turned and set off again back toward where Anselm and Snake were waiting, hardly bothering to turn her head around and look—she was sure Vieira followed.

<style type="text/css">
.kae-hellonearth b{font-weight:bold; color:#ABB6D2; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia,serif; font-size:11px;}
.kae-hellonearth p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kae-hellonearth {width:400px; background-color:#404F70; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_hellonearth1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px dotted #000000; padding: 190px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: 'palatino linotype', georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8D97B0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
[/html]SSWM: 207

Vieira settled easily into the entrance of the den and decided to clean things over one more time before Kaena returned just in case she missed anything. With the woman having been up and gone before Vieira was awake made her nervous and she had to settle with that. She should have been up. It was about that time, however, that she heard Kaena's voice. Her head whipped around with the rest of her body and looked toward the woman. Her body tensed and her eyes instantly hit the ground should she have done something wrong and quietly waited. Kaena did not waste time before she spoke and informed the slave of her purpose for the day.

There was no explanation, just the information of Anselm and Snake going along with them. She felt awkward around the former male but said nothing else. "Yes, ma'am," she said and quickly moved to follow behind the woman. They were not all that far from the caves, either, and she came up behind Kaena as she approached the two men. Her eyes glanced first to Snake and then Anselm before they settled on the ground near Kaena. Vieira stood a few feet behind her owner and waited for further instructions.

[html]
[/html]

[html]

They were plotting a routine run to Halifax—it was by no means anything out of the ordinary for any lycanthrope in the general area. Halifax was kind of like the department store. Whenever you were needing something, or just bored and looking to explore and maybe find some cool stuff, the abandoned human city was the place to go. Snake had little idea what had Anselm so raring to go, but he knew it would probably have something to do with preparations for the war, or something like that. Snake remembered coming across what he thought had been an armory. Maybe he could see if there were any proper-caliber bullets for the pistol he had found, and then maybe see if they even had a new gear for it. That was what Snake was beginning to think was wrong—the firing mechanism that connected the trigger was somehow broken or stuck. He would have to break the firearm into pieces and have a good look at them individually.

He also wanted to find some more nondescript pieces of cloth. From what he knew, they didn’t have many distinguishable medics in this clan—definitely a negative for a group that was going to war. Snake knew basic first aid, but he didn’t know anything besides wrapping the wound up and “rubbing dirt in it” (metaphorically, of course). And he could probably use a fresh stock of alcohol back at the den, though that would be extra. Preparations came first, of course.

The two hybrids welcomed him, and he dipped his head once more in deference and respect. Kaena murmured something about getting Vieira to go along, and Snake silently concurred—they could use the extra eyes, ears, and hands. The Centurion went on to go and fetch the other coyote and Anselm mentioned to Snake that he might be able to help out if he didn’t need to much. “Yes, I’d be willing to help. There is not much I need to pick up.” He would probably have to make-shift a bag to carry all the smaller things in, but that would leave his arms open to carry… whatever Anselm was going out to get.

They did not have to wait long—Kaena was back maybe a few minutes later with Vieira in tow. When the small coyote came into view, he dipped his head in a neutral greeting, though he didn’t get to the point of saying anything vocally. They were just about ready to go, he imagined. He looked between the clan’s Centurion and Caelum (for this was before Anselm’s promotion, I think) and waited for the go-ahead. He was not running this show—they were. He was merely going to take advantage of the opportunity and get whatever he thought he might need, while helping them with whatever they did. Hopefully when everyone came back, they would be closer to fortifying Inferni and making it much more prepared for the oncoming war with Haku Soul and his Dahlian wolves.

[/html]
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... s/truc.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:187px; background-position:top center; background-color:#F8BB4D; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#AB360D; line-height:15px;padding-bottom:10px;">Round 3 Hope powerplay is okay... over the next round, everyone should play them getting to the city/whatever!
@&#&$Anselm wavered uncertainly as Kaena spoke the petite coyote's name, but before he had a chance to say anything one way or the other the grey woman was off. He peered at Snake wonderingly, imploringly even--did the young warrior know about the weird "Lykoi" who shared no blood with her den-mate? Thoughts of the petite, anxious woman had fallen to the back of his thoughts in light of the war; after it had been declared, any of Kaena's purported "weirdness" was certainly comprehensible and he'd seen no reason to seek her out and discuss the bizarre situation at length. For all his worldly confidence and wisdom, something about Vieira disturbed him greatly; he was genuinely uncomfortable in her presence. She had a nervous aura about her, that--being ignorant to her social status--he thought completely unfounded.
@&#&$Without even realising it he'd clamped up considerably--none of this uncertainty showed on the surface beyond his initial glance at Snake. As the two ladies arrived, he simply offered a slight dip of his head to the Quintus who carried herself as meekly as ever. As far as he knew the Omega rank was a punishment; he had doubts this girl was even capable of doing something to merit such a "demotion," and so he simply assumed she was another quiet Tirones. Maybe things would be better now that Kaena's plight was out in the open? He certainly hoped as much was true, but he didn't think to mention it. They were all set and the day wasn't getting any younger.
@&#&$By rank it made most sense for the Beta to lead the way, but the scout looked to her questioningly for a moment with a slight tilt of his head. "I know a simple route that would put some distance between us and Dahlia's borders," he offered, somehow subconsciously picking up on Kaena's discomfort surrounding the entire expedition. As was the case for Snake, this was just another routine trip for him--nothing special. After receiving the go ahead, he nodded and began to lead them south through the forest. Soon they reached old Highway 102 (or at least what was left of it). The pavement was broken up and littered with potholes made larger every winter and spring by the freeze-thaw cycles--in the summer small plants grew in the cracks, and the forest had pushed up right to the edge of the road.
@&#&$"We can more or less follow this into the city," he explained, figuring they could now fall into whatever formation they wanted--there was enough room for all four to walk side by side, if they so desired. "This road keeps to the east of the Shubenacadie Grand Lake; I doubt anyone from Dahila would be so far out of the way." Though this was hardly a direct route, it was straightforward and efficient for "high volume traffic." Presumably it would make hauling whatever they found back easier, too--not to mention it was nearly impossible to get lost. In some low-lying areas the road had been eroded away completely, and around curves it could get sort of tricky but Anselm had all those stretches memorised. "Once we pass the airport, we'll get to Miller lake; then we can take 118 in the rest of the way." It would just be like coming in the back door; a simple in and out operation, hopefully.

mall-caps;font-weight:bold;text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #AB360D">SoSuWriMo +569
[/html]
[html]

I am going to post here because I want 200 posts tonight. 387.

Snake did not notice any searching look that Anselm might have thrown his way when he seemed to show that he knew something of Vieira. He knew the distant relative of Kaena's decently enough—just recently she had helped him make a kind of fence along the forested borders by sticking sticks and lengths of iron in the ground and riddling them with brambles and thorns. She had worked hard and without complaint, though he knew that was simply part of her training and her job. She was Kaena's, a slave of sorts that had been sent to her. Snake had no thoughts or feelings on the issue; he was not positive or negative about it, but a decided and gray neutral. Kaena did not seem to mistreat the small girl, and she worked well for the Centurion. It seemed to him as though things were going okay for them, so there was no way he was going to argue or make any trouble.

And yet he did notice that, once the girl had showed up with Kaena, that Anselm treated her more reserved than he usually did. His keen olive eyes, shadowed slightly by his bandanna, watched this but did not betray any thoughts he might have had on it. Not his problem, not his problem. Snake never interfered, he merely did what was asked of him.

Which meant naturally that he would be following, not leading. He looked between Kaena and Anselm in particular, waiting to see who would take the initiative. It was the Caelum that mentioned he had formulated a path that would be safe for them to travel. It made sense—he was the head scout and he knew these lands well. Besides, Kaena looked somewhat perturbed by the whole thing, and Vieira was more of a follower than Snake was. Naturally, they began to follow the red-eyed de le Poer once he set off southward.

It was a roundabout route, setting them off down a highway that would pass the airport and other such landmarks before it finally set in to Halifax. Snake wasn't in a hurry, though, so he merely nodded to Anselm's explanations and continued along. If they weren't to meet any Dahlians, that was great. But he wouldn't pass up the chance to teach one a lesson either.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Same thing with the powerplay of everyone's positioning here as they walk, if I've overdone it, PM please. <3 605.

To be perfectly truthful, Kaena was very nearly dreading going to the city. The silver-furred hybrid had desired for Vieira to be there not out of protection, but because the smaller canine was almost something of a comfort pet to the coyote; she knew Viei would be less than useless when it came to defense and fighting, but the hybrid did not require her for that today. With Snake and Anselm, she did not doubt that they were practically a battalion. Any Dahlian wolves they ran into would be hard-pressed to escape with their lives, and the silver-furred coyote was not worried about her physical safety, but her emotional well-being. The city was a place of nightmares for Kaena anymore, and though it had once held magic and mysticism for the hybrid, she could not return there on her own. This was obvious; to head back to the city was to evince that she was totally healed from her attack, when it could not be further from the truth.

The coyotes began to move rather quickly, obviously not wishing to waste time—there was only so much of it they could afford to spend away from their territory. Even if they were only four coyotes of the whole, with Kaena, Anselm, and Snake here, it was a large chunk of the upper echelon of the fighting types within Inferni. Sure, she'd never actually seen Anselm fight, but he was certainly physically intimidating; his wolf's blood made for a larger stature than most of the rest of Inferni, and she did not doubt his skill. The simple fact that he was a de le Poer was enough to evince his value to Inferni in Kaena's eyes; that particular family gleaned instant respect from Kaena for obvious reasons. Once more his value was proven to Kaena as he quickly outlined their route; the silver-furred woman did not know most of the landmarks which he spoke of. The coyote woman was unfamiliar with most of the territory; certainly she had not amassed a great wealth of knowledge in so short a time that she'd been here. Still, she paid attention to the things Anselm said as they walked, noting each landmark mentally. "Good idea," she said, figuring they didn't need any confrontations while they were in transit with their stuff—it wouldn't do to have to defend their newly scavenged possessions and battle off Dahlians.

The hybrid woman stuck close to everyone, keeping herself rather expertly positioned between Anselm and Snake, keeping Vieira close by. The coyote did a pretty good job of stifling her fear and shoving it somewhere down inside of herself, but that did not mean it was gone; it still itched and bit and snapped at her, a whining and nasally reminder of where she was going, where she was headed—the hybrid woman could not back down now, though, for they were already well on their way to the city, the fast pace at which they traveled. The lack of snow on the ground meant they didn't have to travel in an exactly straight line, and Kaena was glad for that. With Vieira at her side, it was easier to stifle the panic. She had to remain composed around the Quintus, and it didn't hurt to appear fearless to Snake and Anselm, either. Still, the hybrid woman worried, her golden eye rolling this way and that on alert for any movement other than their own, her ears attuned to the air to pick up any sounds but those of her own feet. "Keep close," she muttered beneath her breath, directing this to Vieira.

Table thanks to Ithen!
<style>
.kae-gifturma2 {width:375px; background-color:#142a38; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_gifturma.png);background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:210px; border: 1px solid #000103;font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFFFFF; line-height: 13px; font-size: 12px; margin:0px; text-align:justify;}
.kae-gifturma2 b{color:#809189;}
.kae-gifturma2 p{text-indent:40px; padding:0px; margin:0px 10px 10px 10px; }
</style>
[/html]
Short. IDC. :< 128[html]

Vieira felt rather useless in this situation and she did not know why Kaena had called her here. The slave did not question her and followed behind them when they started moving. Anselm's voice did little to give her information because she did not understand any of it. She knew how to get there in the easiest way possible and decided she had no need for any other route. It would only confuse her. As they set off, the three of them a few feet in front of her, she walked in order to keep up with them. Kaena stood between the two and Vieira walked at her backside. When spoken to, her eyes lifted slightly but returned to the feet of the woman as she moved forward.

<style> .vie-leashed p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 20px 0px 20px; text-indent:20px; } .vie-leashed b {color:#E3CC62;} .vie-leashed-ooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px;} .vie-leashed {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:350px; background-color:#B68328; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vieiratable1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:151px; text-align:justify; padding-bottom:10px; } </style> [/html]
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... s/truc.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:187px; background-position:top center; background-color:#F8BB4D; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#AB360D; line-height:15px;padding-bottom:10px;">Round 4 I'm guessing most of what they need will be in the plaza Anselm describes, excepting what Snake wants for the gun. So feel free to powerplay them getting to the gun store (or whatever); round 5 will probably be picking up what they need from the plaza and the final round will be the return trip. Big Grin
@&#&$Anselm's ears swivelled atop his head, perhaps straining for the voices of his comrades above all else. And yet, as they travelled mostly in silence, only the hushed and sporadic sounds from the winter forest could be heard. He supposed it was just as well; although he was still rather ignorant to her status within the clan, he'd already gathered that Vieira didn't speak much unless spoken to first--and though the underlying motivations may have been very different, Snake seemed much the same. Anselm certainly wouldn't have been opposed to a friendlier, open relationship with the young warrior; into his old age he was beginning to appreciate friends outside of the family more and more. They could offer a different perspective, and though Anselm would always follow through his decisions with remarkable confidence and resolution, he was more open minded than many would suspect. More than being "right," he wanted to actually be right, and sometimes that involved admitting his first instinct or thought was wrong.
@&#&$Above all else he found the silence between him and Kaena most disconcerting. Through their spars and vague sense of kinship, the two had grown rather close in a short span of time. She had helped him through his internal dilemma upon Valkyrie and Ryan's departure--she'd set his mind at ease and by now, he was determined to return the favour. The smell of water was thick within the air, and although they couldn't see it through the lifeless forest, he knew that they were in the vicinity of the sizeable lake. His steps slowed slightly so that Kaena might catch up to his side, and he nudged her gently with his snout before gesturing off in the direction of the water body. "Hah, you should've seen this one dumbfuck wolf I saw hunting there at the lake once," he said, his grin mischievous but his aura steady and calm, as always.
@&#&$"Guy's just trying to catch a goose, right? Well, he didn't seem to realise they were on a nest. The mother flips out, he turns and starts running, slips on a pile of their shit and face plants into the water. I was already in and out with a couple of eggs by the time he popped back up; threw him a wink before he disappeared into a flurry of feathers and flapping wings," he concluded with a soft snort. The story wasn't meant to be outrageously hilarious; he was just hoping for a small snicker or smile. "Dunno what the most ridiculous hunting attempt you've ever seen was, but I'm pretty sure that one takes the cake for me," he added, inviting her to share a story of her own--in the most respectful way possible she was as old as the earth itself, so surely she had accumulated some good stories over the years.

@&#&$Already they were passing the airport; it wouldn't be much further to their final landmark before the road split. He took a moment to address the entire party, his voice lifting as the last tale had been more or less intended for Kaena alone (not that they wouldn't be able to hear it with hearing so keen as to detect the movements of a lemming beneath a foot of snow cover). "We'll be at the city limits within fifteen minutes. Whatever you folks need we'll get first; my shopping list runs a mile long and it'll be more efficient to grab that shit on the way back out," he said. "In fact, we oughta pick up the lighter 'n more scattered things first," he added, peering at them all imploringly as if prompting them to figure it out amongst themselves. He had no idea what any of them actually wanted and now seemed as good a time as any to formulate a plan. Haphazard wandering wasn't his style. "That said, my stop'll be a hardware store--there's a couple department stores in the same plaza; so anything bedding, construction, tool, or medically related we can find there," he finished, turning his head back to the path before them and pressing on. The plaza he had in mind was right where they'd be coming into the city, too; he felt mighty pleased with his own planning (to say the least).

mall-caps;font-weight:bold;text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #AB360D">SoSuWriMo +714
[/html]