fake it or break it
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/ ... ls/Lin.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:500px;background-color:#145895;text-align:left;font-family:georgia;font-size:1em;color:#aac5df;">
Mandatory for everyone to post. I am going to jump to the point where he begins to talk, so everyone can post having their character enter, listen, and respond. Once everyone has posted, I will post again and the posting order will repeat once, then the thread will be over. So, a total of two posts from everyone. Please be prompt in your replies and stay in order for the sake of organization. Those who do not post are liable to be demoted a rank. Please stick to the meeting ICly as well; don't let your characters get distracted or strike up side conversations.
What used to be a house of cards Has turned into a reservoir

Unsurprisingly, Jefferson had subtle, quiet ways of finding information. When it came to Phoenix Valley, the pack was rather secluded on the coast and had little communication with the other packs it wasn't necessary. The cyclops was crafty, however; although he was down one eye, his ears were in fine condition, and that paired with common sense typically brought truthful conclusions. The tension the pack had with Inferni over the summer had dissipated with time, though the cyclops had heard rumors of a similar tension with Dahlia de Mai; had he known his half-brother Rosen to be anything but undesirable, the Patriarch might have cared more. He and Haku had not communicated since their first initial meeting, but at some point Cercelee had been pulled from the top of Dahlia and replaced by Haku -- something Jefferson had always had a bad taste for. Clearly, something hadn't been going right in the pack. Jefferson had worried only for Addison, Mew, and Cercelee; the rest of the pack he did not know. The moment he heard the sound of war, Jefferson panicked.

The call he tossed into the air had an urgent ring in its reverberation over the Valley hills. The howl was loud, cracked; he worried for his members, knowing that a few had tendencies to wander or stick their noses in others' business. Jefferson had struggled whether or not he needed to jump to Dahlia's aid as he himself was terribly tired of Inferni, but the cyclops ultimately sighed and let it go. Phoenix Valley had no place in a war -- his members were dreamers and lovers. Those that called themselves warriors were fit as such, but their arms were only gaining dust from neglect due to the pack's friendly, laid back nature. If push came to shove, Jefferson was aware that Tyrone and Pendzez would be formidable opponents, not to mention the cyclops himself, though his fighting skills had not been put to the test and most might have doubted he could do anything.

When his members arrived and Geneva took her place beside him as always, the stern leader looked over them with a tense green eye. "I have bad news, so listen up," his harsh voice demanded, though his tone was less friendly and more authoritative than usual. "If you haven't heard already, Inferni and Dahlia have declared war. For what reasons, I don't know. I was hoping our Nuncio might have more information on that." He turned an eye on Pendzez, expecting a response. When it was again his turn to speak, the cyclops continued.

"As you know, Phoenix Valley is a peaceful pack. We are not known for raising warriors and hellbringers. I will only say this once: Do not get involved with the parties in this war." Jefferson's gaze sharpened, locking eyes with each of his members briefly, one-by-one. "I know of a couple members of Dahlia who are unlikely to get involved with this conflict. If anyone comes to the borders seeking sanctuary from the war, you will bring them straight to me. Inferni vermin are to be chased out. If need be, call Geneva or myself, or if necessary, Tyrone or Pendzez." He glanced at them both. "Now is the time the skills you have been training are being put to the test. Pendzez, Naniko, you will be keeping an eye on the war and keeping Geneva and I updated on the status. Do not go out alone." A nod of the head, then a shift of the eye. "Anya, Andrea, I need you to be vigilant on the land inside our borders. We need to make sure our pack is safe. You'll be reporting to Ty, who will be reporting to me. Ty and Pendzez, keep each other updated."

The leader straightened his shoulders. "Xeris, you'd be best to stay here and watch your pups and Rio as well. You Tenens, check in with her often. As for the rest of you, help out where you can -- tag along and stay close. In my or Geneva's absence at any time, Ty and Pendzez are in charge. You'll listen to them, or you'll speak with me. That goes for everyone."

The cyclops finally breathed, releasing a long exhalation. "Stick to your duties and don't get involved. We are remaining neutral in this war, but any stragglers looking for a safe place will be allowed here -- with the exception of Inferni. Everyone got that? Questions?"

[/html]
Angelique had heard the call and soon made her way to the place where it resonated. In her halfling form she rushed to the scene to see Jefferson arrive and everyone else here as well. Or at least the ones he was speaking to. Angel listened as Jefferson spoke about duties and such and soon stepped up.

"And what have you for me to do sir? As far as I listened there have been no nominees for first aid. Upon your permission I would like to be put as first aid assistant or head - whichever you see fit - to take care of any sanctuarees that have possibly had issues escaping the war."

Angel spoke as she soon stepped back to where she stood and remained silent to allow others to speak if they wished to and others to listen and come in. She was here to serve and protect so serve and protect she would.
OOC: Back from being grounded. Pendzez reporting for duty.

Pendzez wondered not too far away from his cabin, knowing Xeris and the pups still resided there. Things were going well so far, until the news of the war between Dahlia and Inferni was gonna happen again. Pendzez went to gather intel, but he only knew little about it. He hoped that the war wouldn't come here and disturb the peaceful ground of Phoenix Valley. This land had no reason to go to war. However, Pendzez would do what he can to make sure that no harm came to the lands.

A howl was heard that sounded like it was from Jefferson. Sounded like it was important. Maybe it was about the war. Pendzez ran to the source of the howl, finding Jefferson with panic on his face. Pendzez saw that everyone was coming around. This news was important.

Pendzez looked up as he heard the word 'Nuncio'. The Patriarch was wondering if Pendzez had anything to say. "Well, from what I gathered, there was a scrap between the Dahlian Leader and the Inferni Sub-leader, which made some Inferni members angry, including the Inferni Leader. I'm afraid that's all I know so far."

Pendzez then listened as the leader explained the safety precautions and rules regarding the pack and the war. Pendzez pretty much understood what to do.
[html]

The healer did not know too many from either of those packs, being a homebody and having been taking care of her pups for the last few months. There was Anselm, Snake, and Kaena that she knew from the coyote side, and her cousin Addison over in Dahlia de Mai. But then, she had only ever communicated with the girl through written messages sent to her by bird. She'd never actually met the other D'Angelo. Being a pacifist herself, she was pleased to hear that Phoenix Valley would not be taking part in the war. When she had led Crimson Dreams they'd had much the same stance...and had kept an injured Cercelee inside their borders during the last Dahlian war.

She nodded when Jefferson gave her her duties; they were something that she would have done anyway, try and keep track of things and gather information. She looked to Xeris when her pups were mentioned, giving her a smile and small nod as well. She felt that her pups would be safe with the kind-hearted white wolf, and if she was to be with Pendez on the lookout for information, then she would need somewhere for them to stay. She knew that Geneva would have volunteered for that job, but the silver wolf would be very busy enough as it was with everything that was going on.

Not having anything much to say, the alabaster luperci looked down to her four children. She would have to speak with them later to make sure that they understood just how serious this was. For now, though, she kept quiet.

[/html]
[html]

wc: 315

A howl rose into the silent air, rising and falling sharply. It cracked a little, giving a hint as to just how worried the wolf who had made it was. Andy jerked awake, her ears pricked. She blinked the sleep from her eyes, already fully awake; the urgency of the howl had seen to that. And the fact that she was already a light sleeper aided in her quick awakening.

Rising to her paws, she trotted on four paws to the source of the howl. She knew already that it had been Jefferson; his howl was pretty distinctive. As she made her way there, she shifted to her upright form, running on two legs the rest of the way.

When she reached the clearing, she noticed that the rest of the pack had gathered before the leaders, all looking rather worried and attentive. She stood next to Naniko, nodding once in greeting before turning her gaze to Jefferson and Geneva.

The news of the war had been a shock to Andy when she first learned of it; she had been so used to the peaceful ways of the Valley that word of a war nearby had been surprising. Now she just looked grimly on, her brow furrowed and a small frown marring her face.

When the one-eyed patriarch addressed her, she nodded, determination set on her face. “I will do the best I can, sir. “ She glanced around, trying to find Anya. Then she cast a sidelong glance at Ty, nodding to him.

The tawny female listened carefully to what the rest of the pack had to say, hanging on every word her pack mates said. She hoped none of these wolves were hurt in this silly war; she had grown very protective of each and every one of them. She knew she would do all she could to help keep them safe.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
suddenly, me! I promise I'm gonna get back to all my other threads asap, my life has been HECK for quite a while.

The howl was an unexpected sound. Xeris' ears perked forward; she was curled upon the bed in her lupus form. Opening her golden eyes, she noticed that Pendzez was not present. She decided that he must have already answered the call. Shifting her body slightly to lift herself off the bed, she turned to the pups beside her. She didn't want to leave them alone here, especially if there was something urgent going on. "Come on, wake up," she said quietly, nudging each one gently with her nose. "Jefferson is calling us."

It didn't take them long to arrive at the congregation of pack members. Xeris made her way toward Pendzez, nodding to him once, and leading the pups behind her and herding them in between herself and their father. Her golden eyes turned to Jefferson in rapt and respectful attention as he began to speak. A war...between Inferni and Dahlia de Mai? she thought. ...Inferni. Just the name sent chills down her spine. The children seemed to notice the tension in their mother's body and shifted nervously.

Jefferson looked to Xeris and mentioned her by name. Inwardly, she sighed. Staying at home to tend to the children was just what she wanted to do. Of course, Jefferson knew about her past conflicts with Inferni and probably understood that she would not want to go near them again. She nodded understandingly to the Patriarch and responded. "Of course," she said, and with that she fell into a respectful silence once again.

[/html]
[html]

Anya was in the area when the call to meeting ripped through the air. The grey femme trotted quietly to the meeting, coming up to stand beside Ty. When Jefferson ordered them all to keep a good watch on the borders, Anya suddenly thought of something.

"I have healing skills that could also be put to use if need be, sir. And the birds have kept me fairly updated on the situation between Dahlia and Inferni." She cocked an ear towards Andy, glad to have someone so kind working with her. Anya was glad to share her time with Andy, glad to have another friend in these times of war.

<style>
.anya-heart p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:10px 0px 0px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.anya-heart b {color:#D777C4;}
.anya-heart {text-align:justify; width:400px; padding:1px 0px 264px 0px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/anyatable.jpg); background-color:#000000; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF; word-spacing:1px; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.3px; border:1px solid #E86CE4; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Artemis heard the call, reverberating throughout the Valley, and dropped from his convenient perch in a nearby oak tree, careful to not disturb the birds that he had been drawing. He dusted the snow off his tail, and promptly hightailed it to where the rest of the pack was meeting. It was rather disconcerting, seeing the entire pack gathered at one place, but then he assumed it was something extremely important.

When he heard that two of the nearby packs were now at war, Artemis shuddered. The white male had never particularly cared for war, and this was no exception. Being an artist, he knew that he couldn't do much to help the cause, unless he could get one of the other wolves to teach him how to fight. Who knew, maybe artists' hands could actually do some damage to other than a piece of parchment?

[/html]
[html]
War. Ty had expected it would come to this land, he couldn't see the peace lasting with any wolf packs living so close together like this. His body trembled slightly at the idea that war could be knocking on his doorstep. Would Jefferson be allying them with Daihla? Would they possiblty participate? After all, Jefferson had a thing against the Inferni, and it wasn't far-fetched to think Jeff might wand to end them. To be entirely honest, Ty had wanted a fight again, craved it slightly since he came back here to Canada, the place he was born. When he left this land, he ended up living in a land where fighting and war was simply an everyday experience, but coming here was a rude jolt. He lately felt out of place here in the Valley, and ended up resorting to acting like a child around the others, losing his touch and enthusiasm as a fighter, but now that there had been war somewhere, perhaps he could go to Dahlia and enjoy a nice violent expedition, getting out some bottled-up aggression. However, it was fairly noticeable that Ty's ears drooped slightly and his tail lowered to the ground when the pack was ordered not to participate in the war, and being a part of the Valley, he could not go into the fight. Ty would not disobey Jefferson's order during this time, he was a pack member and protector first and a fighter second, plus Jefferson was right, joining the war now would endanger the entire pack.
Of course, Jefferson still had his reservations of the Inferni pack, ordering the pack not to allow the coyote's sanctuary. While Ty, didn't agree with that diplomatically, he assured himself that Jefferson had his reasons, it certainly present the neutral front that Jefferson wanted to put up, that bias against the Inferni could start something with them. After all people weren't exactly making clear-headed decisions during war-time, with a few short jumps to conclusions, any pack in the area could be brought into this war. Ty caught Andy's sidelong glance, his head moved up and down in a subtle nod right back at her, he was glad she got the message. But a question arose in Ty's head as the meeting went on, what if the Valley was dragged into this war? Aside from himself, Jefferson, and Pendzez, there weren't many actual warriors here as Jeff had said, what if they had to fight? Ty did not want the pack to get caught unaware if attention was turned on them and they were subsequently massacres.

Ty's attention then turned back to Pendzez, the white wolf nobly sitting beside his kids. Ty knew since his spar with Pendzez he was a talented fighter, and perhaps would share his concerns. He decided to make a proposal to the white wolf, and as the meeting went on Ty walked towards Pendzez and sat down again next to him. Leaning towards Pendzez, Ty whispered into the white wolf's ear. "Listen, I know we are not supposed to participate in this war, but I want to talk to you about sparring more, and perhaps teaching the others how to fight. I don't want to be dragged into the war with our pack ending up being lambs for the slaughter. I just want to make sure we accept the fact that we could be dragged into this somehow, and for our pack to be prepared for it."
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... yu/ice.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top;">

ooc:

A rather disappointing occurance.

The voice of the Patriarch as it rose into the air was better left unheeded in the mind of the she-wolf. Her relation with the devil still shaky at best and when her understanding of the others of the pack were to a considerable degree, hers for Jefferson were nil at best.

None the less, in the midst of her defiance she still obeyed the voice that beaconed the attention of the Valley. On dual limbs, she walked with a sliver of haste in her steps to attend the meeting having gone underway. Her attendance, she imagined would not be noted as significant though her height towered above her clansmen and the stride could not have been considered hasty. More so lumbering, still unstable as the poorly practiced dance of limbs drew her nigh. Slender auds still perked forward, absorbing the gruff tones of the Alpha as his decree bellowed over the growing crowd.

A tender frown creased the dame’s brows, acknowledgement to her clansmen forgotten as the weight of Jefferson’s words fell upon her like an uncomfortable veil, smothering…hindering. She knew little of the packs being spoken of, but she could not deny she harbored some intrigue for the participation of the foreign affair denied to them all. Oh, but she was interested, if only to be so to spite the King. The corner of her jowls turned south with displeasure though her lips remained sealed as they quivered in place. An ear feigned left as if gesturing to the named wolves, but her ears were closed in listening. Merely a show to suggest her intrigue as her attention was now detoured elsewhere and loosely at that. Her name had not been addressed, but like the those without names, she was addressed as the ‘others’ and given a task to fit the subtle title. Watch and wait. Heed and take notice. Was that not her routine as it were?

The dame withdrew her fangs, baring them wide with the straining curl of her tongue. The slick appendage falling looses from her dangerous maw as the heated breath of boredom tainted the air. Her tongue recoiled, the yawn silenced and eyes dropped with apparent fatigue. If there was nothing more…she would do better to continue her ventures. Stay clear of the Dahlia lands…this she would abide, for why round herself into the conflict? But a stop to her explorations were not come. In her musings, the female nodded, projecting an image of obedience.

Again, an aud detoured facing the image of Ty as he spoke his intentions to the King. His voice laden with concern for his pack mates. Training. And how she questioned the sudden need for this. Shouldn’t this have been part of the pack curriculum should events such as this transpire? It seemed late, she admitted in silence, to only now want something of this caliber performed, albeit it was a splendid idea. Yet, her voice would not rise in agreement. Rather, the crimson maned dame stared on, eyes drifting listlessly amongst them all, seeing who among them agreed and sought to add their words.

Words: 522

I'm thinking about something... Be quiet when I talk. I'm just wandering
[/html]
[html]
Rio sat leaning against her mother's leg, fearful of moving away from her. It was strange to be around so many wolves at once, even though they were all part of Phoenix Valley and therefore supposedly safe. The sight of all of them there was just a bit overwhelming. But the girl kept quiet, kept the wave of frightened tears from breaking the surface. Her bright periwinkle eyes were trained upon Jefferson as he spoke in a very serious voice to all of them. She couldn't make sense of most of what he said, although his tone, coupled with that word "war" he repeatedly mentioned, increased her unease.

Much to her shock, the girl heard her own name, and looked up at Mama to follow her jade gaze toward the woman named Xeris. What did this mean? Rio closed her eyes and wrapped herself around her mother's leg, letting her weight fall gently there. Her forehead resting against Naniko's ankle, she trembled quietly... Rio was an intuitive creature, and sensed that things would change soon. She didn't know how much they would change; regardless, she was very, very anxious, and very scared.
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/ ... ls/Lin.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:500px;background-color:#145895;text-align:left;font-family:georgia;font-size:1em;color:#aac5df;">
Thanks for quick replies! One more post from everyone in the same posting order and then I'll tie it up! :3 We're NPCing Geneva in right now since Gwen can't reply. Also, just a reminder that you guys can always PM us leaders anytime if you get confused or have questions even after the pack thread's over. :3
What used to be a house of cards Has turned into a reservoir

As expected, the Patriarch was met with multiple questions. Those that had not gotten direct assignments were quick to offer their services -- with the exception of Zynex, of course, who pouted instead -- but the one-eyed leader simply sat and waited for the group to settle themselves and silence before he tried to bring order once more.

"Calm down, people," he sighed. "Nobody's forgotten here. Angelique, Anya, neither of you have proven any medical skills to me. I don't know how much well need it your skills, but if someone's hurt, you're in charge. Both of you will work together. All right?" He turned to the group. "If something happens, call these two and bring the injured individual to wherever they're set up. I entrust everyone will knowledge themselves on that location as soon as it is set. Call me or Geneva as well."

Remembering Anya's comment on the birds, Jefferson added, "If you have any immediate information on the war, especially if it's an emergency, report it to Tyrone immediately. If you can't get to him, tell Naniko or one of the Tenens, who I assume will bring that information to me as soon as possible." He straightened his back a little. All this dreary war talk was exhausting; as stiff and grumpy a character as he was, it was still nothing Jefferson ever wanted to discuss. "In case of emergency and the pack needs to relocate for whatever reason, I'll be giving the orders as always. In such a situation, Pendzez is my assistant. Talk to either one of us if something is unclear." The co-ranks of the pack did not come into play very often, but in case of an emergency relocation, they were incredibly important.

"As for the rest of you, I did mention what you would be doing, but I hesitated to give further orders." He heaved a long sigh, cluing that the hesitation was still not over. "I worry for newer members who barely have their feet yet. I'd rather they were not hurt or involved in anything. It's not the Valley's war, but it's definitely not the war for a bunch of folk who just got here, either. Nevertheless..." His eye turned. "Zynex, I wanted to ask you to stay with Xeris just in case, but--" ...no, it would be best not to mention that he knew she'd put up a hissy fit. "--I've been thinking of having you help out the Tenens. The pack still needs food, however, so we'll still be grateful for any hunting you can do for us." He wasn't necessarily trying to compensate for past aggressions with the girl, no, but he was at least making an effort to ease her attitude against him. The last thing the pack needed during a war was internal disagreements. "Can you do that?"

Next, he glanced at Artemis. "You've barely just gotten here, too," he sighed. "If you and Xeris haven't met yet, now's the time. I'm going to have you stick around with her as much as you can. She's pretty damn smart, so even if you're not doing anything, you'll be golden." He glanced briefly at the white wolfess, a smile at his lips. "That all right with you?"

That done, the Patriarch straightened his back once more and overlooked his pack. "I may not be the most likable leader out there," he started, "but I don't sleep until I know this land is safe every night. You can be assured that I will be doing my best to keep everyone safe and healthy. Keep in touch with each other. Work together. Make time to have fun." Naturally, he couldn't say the same for himself. "Bring any problems to Geneva or myself and we'll handle it. Please, everyone, please be safe. I mean it."

Clearly exhausted from stress, the Patriarch inhaled once more. "Anything else you guys have to throw at me?"

[/html]
((dern computer!!! got it fixed.))

Angel nodded as she listened to Jefferson and frowned. How could she not have proven medical skills to him? This was disappointing and would have to be fixed if she were to make herself useful here in this pack. No matter in either case. She and Anya were in charge of the first aid so that would be taken care of.

"Understood Jefferson. Should I handle any individuals claiming to be refugees at the borders and have them wait until you or someone else you have appointed for that matter arrives? Or should it be only you that takes care of those matters?"

Angel asked just in case if she were to come across anyone of the sort to be on the safe side. She was skilled in fighting and defending her homelands though she had not shown the skills, but she would be prepared before the nights end in the first aid section anyway.
Pendzez looked to find Xeris approaching and his pups following behind her. The white wolf looked down between himself and his mate, smiling when the three pups sat down in the middle. He then looked up to Jefferson again as he continued to make his speech about the war.

Pendzez just dead set looked at Ty when he asked about a spar. For training purposes mainly, but asking during a time like this. What was wrong with the young male and the sparring thing? Was having a friendly match the only thing that was in his mind? Who would even ask about having spar during an important. With his eyes set upon Tyrone, Pendzez whispered back, "Couldn't you have waited til after the meeting to ask?"

Pendzez continued to listen as Jefferson addressed the many members of their duties during this time. Pendzez knew of his normal duties and his optional duties, but he had some responsibilities with his rank and it will be shown.
[html]

I thought I was supposed to go after James, but it says my name in the title now so I am just gonna go?

Andy’s ears twitched to the side as she caught what Pendzez said to Ty. She knew that the younger red male hadn’t meant any harm in his inquiry for a training match. Shrugging it off, she turned her attention once more to the patriarch. It really wasn’t any of her business, anyway.

She was glad she would be of some use in these times of war and violence. She knew how important her job was, and she was proud to have been given the opportunity to prove herself. The young tawny female was glad she would be able to do this daunting task alongside her friend Anya. Something this important was better left to more than one individual anyway, and the paid got along very well together.

The Tenens glanced around the clearing, taking in the packs’ reactions to this meeting. They were pretty mixed; it seemed that many of the Valley members would rather just stay completely clear of this whole situation. Andy couldn’t blame them; she would much rather have nothing to do with the fighting of the two resident packs that resided nearby. But, they had no choice in the matter, and she was glad that they were taking the chance now to get prepared should anything happen.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
my ooc thoughts are pretty much the same as Jess'...

Xeris remained attentive as the others responded and Jefferson spoke. She heard her name again, as well as the name of another; Artemis. Her golden eyes followed the gaze of the Patriarch to identify the newcomer, and she nodded respectfully. It was impossible to keep the slightest smile from her face at Jefferson's praise. Looking back to her leader she noticed he was smiling and looking toward her as well. "Yes. I'm sure we'll get along fine," Xeris replied.

Meanwhile, the children were getting rather restless. They looked up at their mother with inquiring eyes, knowing that it was not the time to ask questions but that the questions would keep coming to their little heads. Xeris' thoughts turned to them for a moment. She worried for them, worried that at such a young age they would be exposed to war. She would have to step up and be more protective of them as a mother in the coming weeks, though they were growing rapidly.
[/html]
[html]
James is currently not able to post due to IRL reasons.

War.

Even the thought of the word left a bitter taste in her mouth. Geneva had not spoken throughout the proceedings. She was quiet as she kept vigil at Jefferson's side, her rightful place as a sub-leader of this pack and as his lover and friend. There were so many filters through her thoughts right now. She considered all of these things through different perspectives and found herself divided between her loyalties to her pack and her loyalties to her heart.

The gray woman did not love anyone from Inferni, although she knew that relations had bee tense between the coyote clan and the Valley pack before. Those issues had settled quietly, like dust floating back on to the floorboards of an abandoned house. But the memory of the conflict remained. But there had been love there once, in the form of a woman who had vanished just as surely as DaVinci had all those months ago. Despite Phoenix Valley's tense relations with Inferni, the sub-leader would wish war on no one.

Geneva had never lived through a war, had never participated in one. She was grateful that Phoenix Valley was not involved directly, although she could imagine that those with ties to the pack and clan involved would feel the strain of worry. She recalled with a hidden chill her first brush with violence, with the brute Brennt who would have taken her life if DaVinci had not been there to come to her aid.

Lime green eyes shifted from the faces of those assembled to Jefferson, her thoughts plain on her face for a moment. Her expression mirrored her concern before she masked the emotion. She was not worried that Phoenix Valley would fall victim to the war, but it was good to be vigilant.

She knew that Addison was on Jefferson's mind. The young girl was on her mind as well. Addison was now a young woman and old enough to choose for herself, and she had gone to live within the Dahlian borders.

"It is best if we are all prepared and vigilant," she said, her thin, quiet voice rising above the hushed tones of talking and breathing.

[/html]