Preperation for the unfathomable
[html]
Teeth gnashed at nothing, fangs beared at the air, Ty swiped with a claw towards nothing in particular. It had been a while since he tried to train on four legs, usually practicing in werewolf form and developing tactics from there. He really hadn't needed to work too hard on fighting as the territories had been rather peaceful, and Ty had naively thought that it would always be that way. But the fact that fighting had broken out between two nearby packs was a real reality check to Ty, he really had to get back into shape faster then he thought he had to. Who knows when Phoenix Valley could be enveloped in one of these, and heaven forbid that they get reeled into this war somehow, he did not want to be unprepared. Although Ty had been a veteren of a war overseas, and a well-accomplished combatant, he wanted to be at his peak fighting ability if and when war comes to the Valley's doorstep. The Valley needed more protecters, and he was setting himself up to do so.

However, it was difficult to try and practice alone, without a partner, or any moving target for that matter. While his ideas of practicing were more often made for two fighters, Ty had usually ended up simply training alone in the forest because going around asking for who wants to fight with him was just an odd question to ask nowadays. It wasn't like he could simply walk up to people and ask that kind of question without some suspicions about Ty's character, thinking him violent and rough. But really, he was not such a violent person as much as he simply enjoyed the contest of skill and strength that was the essence of fighting, an idea bred into his head by the pack he once ran with, to be the best he could be.

However, he soon sighed slightly as he continued to swipe at the air, this wasn't really working, he had no body to work with, it just didn't make as much sense as it used to. He had gotten past basic strikes, now if he really wanted to progress, he needed a body, a partner, someone to go a few rounds with him, help him develop, only then would he continue to regain some more knowledge on how to fight on four legs.

words: 400
[/html]
[html]

wc: 418

The early morning air was crisp and cool. The sky was still dark, though it faded to light blue on one side as the sun rose. It looked like it would be a nice day, though probably still cold. Andy had awoken some time ago, deciding to do a patrol around the territory. She had gotten a much-needed full night’s sleep, having gone to bed uncharacteristically early the night before.

Now she was feeling refreshed and energized, raring to go. Feeling so good now, the female realized that she had been running on empty for sometime now, only getting enough sleep to sustain her. It wasn’t healthy.

Shaking her head, she continued on her way, her paws crunching lightly in the snow. The crispy top layer of the frozen white blanket crunching and breaking though, her paws sinking further into the soft snow underneath.

She trotted smoothly through the Valley territory, weaving in and out of the trees with practiced ease. All was quiet and still, sleepy in the early morning. But a string of sounds ahead had urged her forward. They were peculiar sounds, like a fight but.. with only one participant. Narrowing her eyes suspiciously, she broke into a run.

The scent of Phoenix Valley broke over her, and she slowed down, her suspicion gone. It was just Ty, no one to worry about. Curious as to what the red male was doing, she sat on her haunches in the snow, watching him as he snapped and clawed at thin air. She chuckled quietly, a smile gracing her features.

Rising to her paws, she walked towards the male. “Good morning, Ty.” Her tail wagged in friendly greeting, the smile still upon her face. “Practicing your fighting skills?” The tawny female knew that the young male liked to stay in shape, just like she did.

“Maybe I could practice with you, if you need a partner.” The Tenens offered, her tail waving back and forth again. She took a step back and lowered her front end to the ground, growling playfully and wagging her tail in the air.

The sky had faded completely to a light, grayish blue now. Large, puffy clouds were scattered about, tinged with a heavy looking gray. The sun, though visible, would do little to nothing to warm the frozen earth beneath it. It was still well into the winter season; it would be some time before the sun’s rays would melt the snow and ice below.

[/html]
[html]
Ty snapped back out of focus when he heard another voice nearby, his whole body swerving to see who it was, he had been so focused he had actually lost his sense of perception around him. Luckily, the person speaking to him was not anyone hostile, it was simply Andrea, one of the newer members of the pack. Ty's focused grimace turned into a grin and his stiff tail turned into a wag, his character changing rather quickly as he recognized her. She must have overheard his snarls and growls as he practiced, thinking there was a fight going on, and it warmed his heart to see that she responded so quickly, perhaps there were more battle-ready wolves here in the Valley than he had anticipated.

"Well, hello Andrea." He greeted her politely, wagging his tail in content. With an embarrassed chuckle he responded to her question "If anything were to go wrong here in the Valley, I want to be prepared for a fight at all times." His eyes locked with hers as he explained himself, even sitting down to make himself more comfortable. "We don't have that many warriors here in the Valley either, so the more training I do, the better."

His ears snapped at attention and a pleasantly surprised grin appeared on his face as she volunteered to spar him. This was an opportunity he'd been looking for weeks to get, someone whom he could test himself on, the idea made his tail wag with excitement. "If you want to, I'd love that. The air, while being great for technique, is not all that great when it comes to sparring." He chuckled slightly as he motioned for her to come into the makeshift ring he had made. "But I'd love a good bout right now, really gets the blood flowing more when I have a partner."

Excitement surged through Ty as he waited for her to face him, his face now contorted into trying to be serious, but still cracking a smirk. It was a guilty pleasure of his, but he loved to fight. He wasn't necessarily bloodthirsty, but he loved the rush he got from it, no matter who he fought and for what purpose it always got the adrenaline pumping, moreso than any other activity for him. He enjoyed the competition of the affair, to him, it was the ultimate decider, the grand test of strength, skill, and cunning between two wolves, an art, if one were to be so bold. Perhaps it was his background that made him enjoy fighting, or perhaps it was his something deep inside, either way, it made Ty a little psyched up to face off against another wolf.

words: 450
[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... atable.png); background-color:#ffffff; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby. WC: 446

The young female laughed softly at the red male’s joke. She rolled her shoulders loosening her muscles in preparation for the upcoming spar. She had become a pretty fair fighter over the duration of her trek across the country, but she knew she could use as much practice and training as she could manage.

She walked quickly into the circle Ty had made, and stood opposite him. Her eyes locked with his, and she smiled a little at the look of excitement that graced his face and eyes. She knew he wasn’t a violent man... Maybe he just liked the thrill of it all.

Andy, however, liked to avoid a fight if she could. She was more of a lover than a fighter, and if possible, she would skip out on combat. Her tail wagged in anticipation, and her eyes were bright.

As a child, her father had tried to teach herself and Luke the basics of fighting. He had told them to never go looking for trouble, and to only use the skills they had been learning for self-protection. Luke had been better at it than Andy… something that didn’t seem to happen very often. But his brute strength had proven helpful.

Andy had a different fighting style. She liked to dodge, weave and strike quickly, as opposed to a more direct way of fighting. She was fairly quick on her paws, and she liked to think things through if time permitted her that luxury. But she knew that with these times of war, she needed to brush up on a more conventional plan of action.

Her thoughts drifted to the members of Phoenix Valley. Her new family. Each and every one of the wolves here had become so important to her... she was sure she would do anything to protect them. The thought of any of them getting hurt because of this ridiculous war… her blood ran cold.

She began to think about the children. What would happen to them if any of their parents were hurt, or even killed because of this damned war? She shuddered inwardly. The young Tenens had been thinking about children a lot as of late. She always shoved the thoughts aside, thinking it was just because she was surrounded by them much more often than she had ever been. But in all honesty, she knew it was because she was at that age. Maybe she should start thinking about settling down.

She shook herself out of her thoughts. Now was not the time to think about the future. She wanted to make sure they all made it past the present first.

“I’m ready.” She said, her voice steady.

Excuse me? May I be of help to you? He's pretty cute... I lead you back to my cave...Where babies are made?

[/html]
[html]
ooc: I'm sorry this is so late, my computer has a virus! I had to do this on a friend's computer D:

"Alright then...I hope you are ready Andy...I won't make it easy for you." Ty said to her statement as he began to circle her. He then chuckled as he added in "Especially if you are better than me!"

While Ty was indeed a warrior wolf, due to his background and training, Ty was always on gaurd when fighting or sparring with new opponents. After all, he was still young, and as such easy to fall into his youthful machismo. He never wanted to underestimate an opponent, as many wolves are surprisingly good fighters, he could only hope that Andrea was one of them. It had been a while since he had a good challenging spar with another wolf as fighters rather than students. Not since he had sparred with Pendzez anyway, which although was only a few months ago, seemed much farther in the past. At that point, they were equals, Pendzez being a warrior-poet with and Ty being a former mercenary. However, now Pendzez had a family, while poor Ty remained single, Pendzez now had other talents in his life that Ty could only envy, but that might have pushed him to become a better fighter.

However, this was not the time to think about unrelated things, he was sparring Andrea now, a wolf who for all Ty knew was a combat extraordinaire, so he had to be ready for anything. She had given him the opening move, something that could also intimidate most fighters. The first to strike, it's a tense affair, because once that strike happens, the entire fight flows like a line of dominoes, and being the start of that line, it sometimes could shake Ty up. But now he had to think about how to strike.

Sizing up his opponent, he could see that he was bigger and stronger then his opponent, his advantage, but not by much. Ty was an average size male wolf, big, but not gargantuan. He had enough of a mix of strength and speed to be a fairly even combination. While he could simply power through everything, he was dexterous enough to weave and dodge, as Ty thought of it, a good weight class. However, that didn't mean Andrea couldn't outsmart him, she seemed like a pretty bright wolf after all, perhaps a few test strikes were in order. With a bit of circling around her, his body sunk low to the ground with his tail balancing his body, Ty made a lunge for her. His right paw rose up from the ground with a low strike to her chin, intending to disorient her with it. Ty was pulling his punches of course, and making sure the claws wouldn't make too much contact with his opponent's skin.
[/html]
[html]

wc: 400

hope you get your computer fixed soon :c

The young female laughed softly. “Surely I am not better than you.” She smiled, keeping her gaze locked with his. She was beginning to feel warm under her fur, and she wasn’t sure if it was from the exertion or something else.

It really had been too long since she had done any fighting. She knew that Ty wouldn’t hurt her, but for some reason it was vastly important that she not make a fool of herself. She watched as he sized her up, his eyes darting all over around her body.

The young Tenens knew she had great stamina, and that she was fairly light on her feet, but that didn’t mean anything if her opponent was stronger than her. She could dodge and weave and swerve all she wanted but it would take one good hit from the opposing wolf and she would be down and out.

Andy kept her footing as the red male circled slowly around her, his body slung low to the ground as he stalked around her. She stepped slowly, in time with his steps, turning her body in small degrees so that her back would not be vulnerable. If her father had ever stressed anything, it was never turn your back on an opponent.

The young male lunged forward then, catching her off guard. She leaped back, but she felt a light push as his paw swiped at her chin. It grazed it lightly, almost missing, but he had been too quick. She had underestimated him; his size didn’t hinder his speed at all.

She shook her head quickly, keeping her eyes trained on her larger opponent. She smirked, her tail wagging, as she sprang forward, dancing around him in loose circles. She knew her style was unconventional, but at times it served well to confuse her enemies, and while Ty was very far from being an enemy of hers, she did want to confuse him right now.

After she had circled him a few times, she darted forward, aiming a cuff at his ear. She kept the blow soft, not aiming to hurt him,. She just wanted to get a hit in. Her ears were pinned back as she moved, not in aggression, but from the adrenaline coursing through her body. She grinned again, her tongue lolling out, as she lowered herself to the ground, her eyes trained on his.

[/html]
[html]
ooc: WHUPS! I didn't mean to post this twice D:
[/html]
[html]
ooc: sorry if this sucks, it's 6 in the morning D:

"Don't doubt yourself before the bout starts!" Ty said with a smile as they squared off, preparing to trade blows. "But it's good to not underestimate me, I'm young, but I have a bit more experience than people realize." He chuckled, knowing that was not a humble thing to say, but it was true, he'd done more fighting than many older wolves, and was subsequently quite good, of course, like anyone, he wasn't perfect.

It was good that Andy was matching him, not turning her back to him when he circled her, that was a sign she knew at least the basics of combat, not turning your back on a foe. She knew not to leave herself open, allowing him to feel more comfortable not holding back as much, as her assumptions were correct, he had no intention of hurting him.

Although he was surprised when his first hit connected, it wasn't a full-on hit, but it certainly made contact, grazing her face. He had noticed she moved back to avoid the hit, just not enough. But now he got a small gauge on her reaction time, that wasn't a huge help to him, but perhaps if he became more unpredictable and didn't telegraph his moves too much, it might come in handy.

However, it seems as she had thought of that idea before him as she began to dance around him wildly, almost in a dancing fashion. Each move being more chaotic than the last, but each one having their own unique purpose.
She was weaving left and right in an attempt to confuse him, to make him amble about while she ran circles around him. But Ty wasn't going to be fooled by her unpredictable and unconventional movements, he just had to remain focused. As she had done, Ty did not turn his back to her, keeping his eyes fixed on her and her body movements, each dip and sway, each minuscule movement ran through Ty's mind in preparation for when she did make a strike, his body and muscles relaxed but prepared, ready to react as soon as a claw came his way.

And a claw did eventually come his way. Andrea eventually made a swipe at his ear in a unpredictable fashion. Ty, luckily preparing for her strike, was able to duck his front body just low enough so the paw swiped over the top of his head, grazing the fur and causing a whiff noise to pass by his ears. Now, Ty's mindset was that the best way to beat someone unpredictable was to be unpredictable, so he had to react while she was off balance from her last swipe. While she was most likely recoiling from her missed attack, Ty brougt his head forward and attempted to nip her on the neck, it wasn't going to be a painful bite, but it would certainly jolt her into knowing she got hit.
[/html]
[html]

sorry it took so long to reply D:

The forest was eerily quiet, as though all the inhabitants had paused in their daily lives to watch the fight, even though it was just a practice one. The air was still and cold, but it was a welcome trelief to the female as she planned her next move. She was feeling hot and stuffy, her fur weighing her down in her heated state.

Andy was impressed by how quickly the larger red male had reacted to her attack. The well aimed swipe at his head turned into a playful cuff as he ducked his head, her paw just barely brushing the orange fur.

She recoiled from her attack, backing up several paces and eyeing him warily, her head slightly lowered. She knew he was preparing for a new attack; she steadied her stance and watched him, her eyes narrowed.

The bigger wolf lunged at her, his muzzle aiming for her neck. The slight female dodged to the side, but the red male had proven true with this one. The force of his body hitting her side made the breath whoosh out of her, the impact of his body colliding with hers making a dull whumping noise. She staggered to the side, shaking herself to rid her limbs of the shaking that was reverberating through her muscles.

Her breathing labored, she said, “Nice one.” Taking one last large breath, she whirled around and raced at him, leaping into the air, aiming for his side. The whole turnaround from her catching her breath to retaliating was a short affair.

[/html]
[html]
oocBig Grinon't worry about it, I don't even have a computer at the moment, so my posts are going to be more and more sporadic anyway, unless I get a new hard drive or a new computer all together. D:

Ty honestly hadn't meant to barrel into Andrea when he went for the bite, but it had worked out in his favor, and he had collided with her with quite an impact. Now pulling back to face her, he smirked in a 'I totally meant to do that' way, and replied to her compliment "Thanks, but good dodge on your part as well, you made sure the strike wasn't lethal, good thinking."

Not too long after his reply did he notice that she was already on the move, quick to recover from the collision and even quicker to make a move on Ty. He had to admit, Andrea was a fast and agile opponent, but there was always a fatal flaw in that plan, one Ty had noticed from constant movement, and that was endurance. Even the most fit of wolves became tuckered out after attempting to dance around the foe for too long, and became susceptible to attacks, not having enough energy to get out of the way. If he could outlast Andrea, he could gain the edge by letting her tucker herself out by it.

However, that required him to be on the defensive to her swift, unpredictable blows, only dodging when necessary, looking for areas to counter rather then bull-rushing right into her hands. As Andrea moved to his side, Ty swerved as well, attempting to keep her in front of him. Flanking Ty knew to be a dangerous game, as soon as one wolf got the other's side open, it would become more and more one-sided as time went on.

But her agility and quick recovery allowed her to get near his side, forcing Ty to react or get hit. Ty didn't have many options, she was too close to him to allow him to move out of the way forward or backward, so he couldn't only defend himself or intercept her strike. Ty chose to intercept, and swung his front around and leaped up on his hind legs to catch Andrea mid-jump. While he was risking her strike hitting, she would be greeted by his own fangs and claws, and with his larger size, he would have the advantage if they began trading blows.
[/html]
[html]

Andy loved how the exhilaration made her feel. Her lungs burned from the activity, and her blood pumped through her veins in hot rushes. But she felt good; she felt alive. Her heart felt so light, she almost broke out into delighted laughs. But she swallowed them, knowing that laughter, even in this friendly combat setting, would be inappropriate.

The large red male surprised her at the last minute, standing up on his back legs as she came at him. Unable to stop herself as she careened toward the larger wolf, she threw out her paws in front of her as she neared him. This whole decision only took two seconds, her mind flashing rapidly.

The forest was still and silent, as if all the creatures had stopped to watch the fight. The noises of their playful growls and snarls must have been loud; the female couldn’t imagine how any creature close by could ignore the sounds. To an untrained ear, it must have sounded hostile, and not the easygoing practice fight it was in reality.

She wondered if the big male thought she was a good match or not. She knew she was rusty in her combat skills. But she hoped that he didn’t think she was a joke; she at least wanted to prove that she could take care of herself should the need arise.

[/html]
[html]
At the very last second before her pounce was going to hit him, Ty lowered his head and pushed off the ground with his legs. His body then hurdled towards hers into a headbutt to the chest, simultaneously hitting her and pushing her away. He felt Andrea's claws nick his shoulders as she was knocked back, but they were minor injuries, nothing that would hinder his movement. His sudden rush at her would either cause her to lose wind for a second, or she would collapse altogether. Either way it would force her back, allowing Ty to go onto the offensive.

Whatever the outcome of the air clash brought, the second Ty hit the ground he rushed after her again. Whether his headbutt hit her or missed, he had her off guard, he wasn't going to chance her getting her bearings again. Utilizing his quick reflexes and powerful muscles, he charged her, swiping at her simultaneously with a right paw to the nose, which he would follow up with a swipe with his left. He had to get her on the defensive, or she'd start attempting to be unpredictable again.

He had to admit he had underestimated her abilities, she was a quick and agile wolf, and an admirable fighter for not having to practice all the time. Not to mention that the female was in great shape, her figure and stance were all very beautiful when one looked at her objectively. Nevertheless, Ty had to stay focused, or perhaps there would become the unlikely situation where she could beat him.

Between the grunts and snarls of the two wolves, Ty couldn't help but let out that laugh that Andrea wanted to let out a second ago. He was enjoying this just as much as she was, it had been a while since he had gotten physical with another wolf, be it fighting or otherwise. Lately he had felt this place was too polite, too mental, too formal, he hadn't really had a chance to let go or get rough with another wolf, even just for play purposes. This sort of activity was just what he needed, he felt at home with this, it comforted him to find other wolves who could be more rowdy with him.

[/html]
[html]

:]

As she pounced at him, Ty lowered his head at the last second. The impact of his head to her chest caused her to tumble to the ground, her sides heaving as she gasped for breath. It hadn’t hurt, really. But the wind had been knocked out of her lungs. She lay in the snow, relishing in the cool white that surrounded her hot body. The tawny female struggled to her feet, shaking the loose snow from her pelt.

She wondered how he had gotten her down so easily. She knew that jumping thrugh the air like that could always end up being problematic, as once you were in the air, you can’t change your mind until you land. She would just have to stay on the ground as much as possible from now on.

The red male charged her once more, but she was ready. Swiped at her face with both of his front paws. She threw her head back, narrowly missing his first swipe. His second proved true, however, as it lightly cuffed the side of her muzzle.

Shaking her head, she trotted around him, her body slung low to the ground as the went. Her tail had not ceased in its happy wag, and it still went now as she watched him. After she had circled him a couple times, she ran at him, rearing up on her back legs at the last second and bringing her paws down.

Hearing the red male let loose a laugh, the smaller female smiled, releasing the laugh that had been aching to be let out. It felt good to laugh like this, in the company of a friend. She was glad that she was able to practice her combat skills, glad that Ty was such a good fighter.

[/html]
[html]
Ty wasn't having too much trouble keeping with Andrea as she circled him, continuously positioning himself so he would be facing her at all times. Though she was slowing, he could see that, her constant running about was tiring her out, as it did any person who loved to be unpredictable like that. Her slowing would make the fight easier by a small margin, but enough to at least let him get more of an edge. He had to admit, her stratgegy was very sound, on a lesser prepared opponent her strategy would have overwhelmed them.

Ty didn't have much time to muse Andrea's talent, as suddenly she had reared up for a double swipe onto the top of his head and back area, both paws coming down at once. He had to act fast to avoid being slammed on top of the head, which is exactly what he did. With a sudden movement, he sidestepped the swipe with a short jump back, the capitalizing on that momentum with a tackle forward. Ty hoped that this bull rush would get her on the ground so he could utilize his larger size to get the finishing blow.

Now Ty couldn't get the smile off his face, as serious as he tried to make himself here. Now he was just having too much fun with Andrea, even though this was a practice scrap. As she dipped and ducked, along with his focus and decisive movements, the matchup was just rather enjoyable. He really hadn't had this much fun since he dueled Pendzez when he first got here.

[/html]