the ancient harmonies are given thee -j-
[html]

Name: Cerridwyn
Birthdate: 6/28/2005
Regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
Your e-mail: exquisitecur@aim.com
AIM: exquisitecur
How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Hurr, I was here forever ago :3.
word count=517

"Give thou... thine heart... to the wild... frick... magic... argh."

"To the Lord... and, ugh, Lady... of Nature..."

"Nnnguh, beyond any... consideration... of this... shit... world. Fuck, Danu damn it
all!"

This last curse was uttered with one final, exhausting heave as a shaggy, sopping, tri-colored form pulled itself determinedly onto the ragged shoreline. It flung itself down in a heap, panting, before struggling to a sitting position, arms on knees, head hanging between them.

"Do not covet... large or small... do not despise weakling... or poor... semblance of evil... allow not near thee... never give... nor earn... thou shame." And, for good measure: "Holy fucking Danu, thank you goddess for that."

She sat for another few moments, catching her breath, before turning her chocolate eyes outwards toward the sea. Danu's light was just beginning to grace the waters, turning that hateful expanse into a beautiful cloak of shimmering diamonds. Spent thought she was, instilled with a new-found hatred for all things salty and wet, Cerridwyn could not help but appreciate the glory of the sunrise on the ocean.

In a sudden wave of listlessness, she decided that she didn't give three flying Fomorians about the beauty of Danu on the water, and had just enough time to think that this was an absurd blasphemy before collapsing once again into a heap of soggy fur, except this time it was involuntary and resulted in unconsciousness.

Danu was well overhead by the time the hybrid awoke, head pounding and joints aching. She managed to stand on shaky knees, running her hands over her long, thick fur, trying to remove some of the salt that had crusted there and which was beginning to itch quite madly. Bringing her knuckles to her eyes, she proceeded to remove the crustiness from them, and blinked blearily. To her left was the water from whence she had just come; to her right, a forest of trees which looked cool, dark and welcoming. There was probably water -- fresh water -- in there somewhere, she thought, and with this thought came the realization of exactly how parched she was. Her tongue stuck to the roof of her mouth. Eugh.

Her tall, willowy form moved exactly two-point-six-five steps in the direction of the trees before it stopped short, as surely as she'd hit an invisible wall. She knew the scent of a tribe when she smelled one, and boy was the area saturated with it. She probably would have realized this earlier had it not been for the exhaustion preceded by unconsciousness preceded by exhaustion. Great. She let out a frustrated half-snarl-half-whimper, and turned to look for a way around the scent-marker. She let out a disbelieving woof at what she saw, which turned into a chuckle, which soon degenerated into half-mad cackles. Not a hundred yards down the shoreline from where she had scaled the drop-off to the sea, the cliffs mellowed into shallow, rocky beaches, where one might, instead of killing oneself trying to become the world's first shaman-cum-rock-climber, simply stroll from the lapping waves of the sea right up onto dry land.
[/html]
[html]
So I'm assuming she washed up on shore mid-territory? Also, welcome back. :3

The dead of winter, as Jefferson had realized the year prior as he endured his way through his first amnesiac year, was definitely not the most favorable of times. Mentally, Jefferson was as sharp-witted as always; not even the seasons could yield the grumpy cyclops and his foul-mooded mischief. Physically, however, the poor beast had seen better days. In the summer, the arm in its sling on his chest could sense incoming rainfall even days before it might happen -- in the winter, it simply throbbed on and on from the cold's sting. There was no sensing involved, or if there was, he couldn't feel it over the pain. That said, it wasn't the winter that made him more irritable than usual, it was the pain in his gimpy arm that was cause by the winter. Clearly, there was a difference. Jefferson was not about to go blaming his mood swings on something as simple as changing seasons.

Naturally, though, his normal moodiness was doubled by the stress of the war outside his packlands. Sure, Phoenix Valley was not directly involved in it -- he had declared the pack a neutral party -- but Dahlia de Mai was run soleky by his troublemaking half-brother and the Valley had experienced several problems with Inferni. Compared to Crimson Dreams or Cour des Miracles, Phoenix Valley was more likely to end up involved somehow than the others, or so he believed. The cyclops relaxed somewhat knowing Ember and Dawali, along with all of AniWaya, was on their side no matter what. That peace of mind did not solve the problem of guarding the borders from intruders, especially during an outside war. The scent of a stranger, though it was irritably hard to detect, was enough to stand the furs on his neck. By the time Jefferson found their intruder, she was standing at the coast innocently while he was bristling with suspicion and anxiety and fighting an unending, biting pain in his arm. It wasn't the best of days, clearly.

"Who are you?" He snapped, but quickly tried to relax himself. She was drenched with ocean water, which he could only imagine as freezing considering the time of year. The coastline was hardly a place for attack from Inferni considering it was facing the opposite direction. The brute calmed himself quickly, breathed, and straightened. "Who are you?" he asked again. "What do you want here?"

[/html]
[html]

Sure thing >>. Lol. Thanks! And LAWL I FORGOT IT WAS WINTER HURR.
word count=637

Cerridwyn hid her face in her hands, taking deep, calming breaths, trying to stifle the lunatic laughter coming from her throat. Danu didn't hate her, Danu wasn't laughing at her (well, maybe a little bit), Danu wasn't trying to ensure she went mad before her fifth birthday. She hoped. It had been a test, that was all, there was a reason that she had washed up in just that spot and not a hundred yards down the coastline where she could have easily walked onto shore instead of almost breaking her neck scaling the side of a Danu-cursed cliff. There was a lesson to be learned here. Somewhere. Eventually, Cerridwyn would figure out what it was. Until then, she had to focus on her basic needs, like finding water, some shelter, maybe a way to dry off because holy Tuatha it was cold, why did she just now realize how friggin' cold she was? One more deep breath, and she took a step toward the sloping shoreline -- hopefully, she'd be able to find a way around this claimed territory before being noticed, as she was in no shape to deal with any miffed wolves who might come upon her -- "Who are you?" Crap.

She turned, and her brown eyes widened in their charcoal mask as they fell upon the annoyed one. He stood at her height. She barely noticed his earth-colored coat, his multitude of battle scars, his one green eye, the odd garments he covered himself with. This was all overpowered by the simple fact that he was standing on two legs. It wasn't as though she'd never seen a shifter; she herself was standing on two legs as well, after all. It was just that she'd never seen another one besides herself. She had been an anomaly all her life, at first feared and then almost worshiped for her ability to change forms. She would be lying if she tried to say that her first thought, after surprise and awe, wasn't a little disappointed. It kind of sucked to be shown that you weren't blessed with Danu-bestowed unique powers, after all.

"You..." It was barely a whisper, one apparently unheard by this other animal, as he repeated himself, this time a little calmer and more gracious, if with quite the odd accent. Cerridwyn, while she might not be the sharpest tool in the shed, was pretty observant when it came to reading others, and it was obvious that the scarred one -- probably the tribal chief, from the way he carried himself -- was not shocked to see another bipedal, at least no more than he would have been to encounter any other wolf intruding on his lands. Okay, let's play it cool, then, she thought to herself. Either this one is some kind of half-god and communicates with the divine much better than I do, or, Danu help me, there are lots of shifters about in the area. She almost whimpered again at the thought -- she'd never used the word "shifter" in plural before -- but managed to control herself. "What do you want here?"

She swallowed with some effort, trying to find any moisture that might allow her mouth to form words. "I... sorry," she said, Irish lilt coloring her words. M'name's Cerridwyn. I don't... I warshed oop on shore, well, climbed oop on shore, didna mean t'intrude. Was jus' lookin' fer a way 'round, actu'lly, t'find some water or sumfin, git m'bearins, y'ken." Oh, my, we were rambly today, weren't we? Well, she was nervous. As almost an afterthought, the tri-color collie mix ducked her head in a belated show of respect. She was used to others doing so for her, after all -- she'd never had to grovel for anyone, and wasn't sure she'd actually be able to.
[/html]
[html]

OKAY ON THE RIGHT ACCOUNT NOW sorry I fail :[ - wc: 219

The frigid mid morning air was a welcome relief as her lungs worked overtime, her heated blood rushing through her veins. She had been running for a while now, having decided to test her stamina.

She was just doing a quick patrol through the territory, checking in with the members of the Valley to make sure all was as it should be. She slowed to a walk, panting as her paws crunched in the snow underfoot.

Her ears pricked as the sound of voices became audible; two of them. Curious, she walked in the direction of the sound, calming herself as she realized it was just Jefferson, and some unknown female. Probably a new member! Smiling, she picked up the pace, trotting smoothly to where the two stood conversing.

“Hello.” She said, dipping her head respectfully to the patriarch before turning her gaze to the newcomer. “I’m Andy.” She introduced herself politely before sitting on her haunches, her tail swishing in the snow.

She always loved to meet new people, and if she could, she liked to catch them at the border. She knew that it would make her feel better if the members of the pack she was trying to join made themselves known and introduced themselves, so she wanted to do the same.

[/html]
[html]

Jefferson was surprised by how much he couldn't understand what the stranger was saying, but the more she talked, the more he realized she wasn't much of a threat. Either way, he wasn't completely heartless; she was drenched in cold ocean water -- somehow -- and at this rate, she'd probably freeze to death. It was clear enough that she was surprised and somewhat intimidated, though Jefferson couldn't exactly say why as of yet, but as he was trying to translate her very corrupted speech mannerisms, Andrea appeared and congenially introduced herself. In Geneva's absence, it was probably good that someone a bit kinder than he had shown up to balance out.

"Well, I don't know where you came from or why," the cyclops grunted, briefly looking at the stretch of ocean, "but I'm not about to let you freeze. Follow me." He turned stiffly and began walking, and when some progress had been made, he continued. "My name is Jefferson, and you washed up on Phoenix Valley land. Neighboring packs are at war, so you'll have to forgive me for being... uptight." Like that was any different than usual. He turned his green eye over his shoulder at her. "It's safe here, so you're welcome to stay and warm up until you're ready to go again. Perhaps Andrea can be sure of that." He turned a keen eye to the Tenens. Innocent or not, the girl had arrived during a war, and he could only be careful.

[/html]
[html]

Heh, could you understand her? I tried to make it obvious she had an accent but without sacrificing readability. Let me know if it's too hard to read, I can tone her speech down a bit :3. Also, forgive any mistakes; gotta run, didn't have time to proofread.
word count=453

Cerridwyn's cinnamon-tipped ear twitched as the scarred wolf stared at her with his one green eye. Her neck was starting to ache from ducking her head in a position it was unused to. Her attention shifted, though, as a mottled female approached -- this one unshifted. Well, okay, at least she hadn't stumbled upon some weird pack of half-deity shifting priests. The female's face was open and kind, a smile gracing her lips, and Cerridwyn relaxed without thinking, her head returning to its natural position. She smiled back, a small, timid smile in response to the female's welcome. "Hello. I'm Andy."

It did not escape the collie mix's notice that this second clan member held no awe for shifters. She gave a nod of deference to the male who had been first on the scene -- yeah, he was probably their chieftain, or shaman -- but there was no reverence there, and there was no surprise in her eyes when they rested on the shifted female. This was a strange place, indeed. "'Ello, Andy," she said softly. "M'name's Cerridwyn."

"Well, I don't know where you came from or why," the darker male said, seeming to have to come to a decision. "But I'm not about to let you freeze. Follow me." With that, he turned tail and began walking in the direction of the forest. With a glance in Andy's direction, the slightly befuddled shaman did as she was bid.

"Oh, dear," she said when the male, naming himself Jefferson, explained to her the situation she had washed up into. Of course she would land in the middle of a war, her luck seemed to be turning that way here lately. At least this particular tribe -- pack? -- wasn't directly involved in this war. She nodded as he extended a welcome she had figured was probably coming soon, after being invited to follow the pair into their packlands. "Danu an' I thank ye fer bein' gracious enough to allow my stayin' fer a tick," she said, not adding on that when she was ready to go again, she had no idea where she might be headed. Feeling that an explanation was deserved, she did continue. "'M from across th' sea," she said. "Bit o' a... shipwreck, I s'pose, warshed up on the shore back yonder. Dun blame ye fer bein' nervous o' strangers, wot wi' a war goin' an' all." When he mentioned the other female, Cerridwyn's chocolate eyes glanced in her direction once more. "That'd be nice," she said with a smile. She sensed that this female was, perhaps, someone she could trust -- and hopefully give her some of the answers to the million questions spinning around in her head.

[/html]
[html]

wc: 223

The tawny female wagged her tail in a friendly gesture. “Of course. I’d love to take you for a look around... once you get dried off a bit.” She smiled, noting the new comer’s wet fur, and with the snow, new she had to be at least a little uncomfortable.

The young Tenens followed the leader, walking steadily next to the female. She had said her name was Cerridwyn. It was an unusual name, but not at all unpleasant. The young female was curious as to her previous whereabouts… perhaps she would have to ask her, once she had figured everything out.

Her accent was something Andy had never heard before, so it didn’t shed much light on the subject at hand. There were many places across the sea, all of which had their own unique tongue, Andy was sure.

Andy remembered how hard it could be to arrive in a new place, and especially since this new female had washed up from a shipwreck… Andy shuddered. She couldn’t fathom how it must feel. She was confident that the residents of the Valley pack would make themselves known, and help this female to feel as at home and comfortable as she could. It brought a smile to her face; she had come to really care for each and every Valley member.

[/html]
[html]

I could understand her okay, but Jefferson is somewhat dense when it comes to accents. XD

Cerridwyn. A strangely unique name, one that he would surely forget in the near future if he could even bring himself to pronounce it correctly. Surely Jefferson would have to find some irrelevant nickname for this one, being that his memory for names was not the sharpest -- but what was he thinking? She'd just washed up on shore; he was reacting like a typical leader, thinking she was wanting to join the Valley for good. That was usually what happened when strangers happened on their borders (though she'd happened to happen on their coast instead, or so he'd been led to believe), but Cerridwyn only seemed to be staying until she could get back on her feet. Whatever.

"We do have room here, you know," the cyclops said as they reached sanctuary: a cabin not too far away. It was uninhabited but still stocked with typical items, those being blankets and pillows and whatnot. Fortunately his scouts and the leader himself checked cabins in their usual rounds to make sure their open cabins weren't hiding stowaways or whatnot. "I don't know how long you were planning on staying, but if you have nowhere else to go, we're short on members but the bunch we have are damn good ones. You might like it here. Right, Andy?" It wasn't often Jefferson went around promoting his pack to total strangers.

[/html]
[html]
ooc
Lol, I figured that was probably the case, but I wanted to make sure! Wink I need to watch Boondock Saints again or something, I can't even hear a proper Irish accent in my head at this point :-p.

ic

“Of course. I’d love to take you for a look around... once you get dried off a bit.” Cerridwyn chuckled, and it surprised her a little that she was at ease enough to do so. "Aye," she agreed. "Dryin' off woul' be m'first priorty, I think, followed immed'tly by sum shut eye."

She almost forgot that the other two wolves were there as they reached what seemed to be their destination. Her eyes widened at the sight of a large dwelling, such as she had never seen. Her tribe had had nothing like this; they mostly slept in the open, with one large cave where they huddled together on particularly cold or wet nights. Sure, they might reinforce an already existing thicket or something for a personal space, Cerridwyn had done so herself, but this... thing was far beyond that. Whole trees, it seemed, had been felled to create it.

"We do have room here, you know," Jefferson offered, interrupting her awe, and she turned to him. "I don't know how long you were planning on staying, but if you have nowhere else to go, we're short on members but the bunch we have are damn good ones. You might like it here. Right, Andy?" Tired as she was, she could have cried at the warmth that filled her when he said this. She didn't, thankfully, but a tear did escape and she smiled. "I... thank ye, fer that," she said quietly. "Truthf'lly, I dunno where I'd head to if I lef' here... T'would be an honor t'stay 'ere, sir. Yer... pack, if you an' Miss Andy're good examples of it, seems t'be a wonderful one."

She turned back to the dwelling they'd brought her to, and blew air. It was so... big.

[/html]
[html]

I guess Andy's been busy, so I'm just gonna finish this up now. Smile

"Well, don't tell the others," he joked, snorting. "I have a reputation to keep. Being soft isn't in the job requirement." The Patriarch smirked to himself, the coolest of ocean breezes drifting past. It sent a brief chill down his spine, and yet the feeling was oddly refreshing; the smell and feel of the ocean sparked memories of summer in his head -- a much preferred season to winter. Any hints that spring and summer were soon to reappear was enough to put the grumpy cyclops in a relatively good mood.

"Anyway, if you want to stay, then you'll be a ranking member like everyone else. The longer you stay and the better you do, the further you'll go up in the ranks. Whether or not you're interested in that, well, that's your problem." All members had the potential to move upward, even if they were only staying Phoenix Valley to simply live and not improve themselves. "You'll start at Loas, the basic new-member rank. Show me what you can do and you'll go up. Get to know the other members, too -- the pack's full of dreamers, but they're friendly."

"I'm sure Andy here will help you out, too," the cyclops said, green eye shifting to the greyscale ranker accompanying them. "Just know neighboring packs are at war... and Phoenix Valley is neutral and members are not to get involved. Stay safe, that's all."

Green eye glanced forward, smile breaking through on his wicked and cracked face once more: the landscape, though still delicate beneath the blanket of snow, laid before them -- the land itself was beautiful, quite the sight to behold. "Now, then," he grinned, "make yourself at home."

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.