2. Character Birthdate (including year): November 2, 2008
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci Ortus
4. Species: Arctic Wolf
5. Gender: Male
6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). squirligirl
7. How you found 'Souls: I play Andrea Newton

[html]

hello! 8) - wc: 1,018

The midday sun shone brightly overhead. The snow gleamed in patches through the treetops, while other parts of the snow-covered ground were cast in shadow. It made for a mottled pattern atop the white forest floor.

The few birds that had not flown to a warmer climate during the icy winter months sounded shrilly in the branches high overhead. Their calls echoed lightly down to the ground, alerting the figure of their presence.

“Come on, Bud. Move your ass.” A lone white werewolf stood surrounded by several trees. On his back he had a large rucksack, with a bedroll tied to the top. A large, handcrafted wooden cart sat nearby, the two large wheels as tall as his thigh. The cart was currently leaning forward, the two long hookup shafts supporting it against the ground.

The being to which the wolf was addressing was a large Clydesdale stallion. He had his head lowered to the river they had stopped next to, taking in long swallows of the cold water. His normally short, sleek fur had grown out slightly to accommodate the winter months; it was deep mahogany in color. His large, feathered feet were snow white, and his dinner plate sized hooves were black. The large draft’s main and tail were dark brown, almost black, and were cropped short.

The large beast raised his head, water dripping from his mouth. He snorted and lowered it again to drink. The white wolf scowled but let it go for now. The large horse had done his fair share of work, pulling the cart carrying their supplies in their travels.

A second horse bumped the male wolf in the shoulder. He turned, and smiled at the mare. She was a pretty appaloosa, much smaller than the giant Bud. Her hair had grown out for winter like the stallions’, but it was much different in color. She was light brown, with patches of white scattered along her rump. Darker brown spots laid over the white. Three of her legs were dark brown, ending in even darker hooves. Her front left leg was white.

“Hey, Kaya girl.” Levi murmured, stroking her soft forelock that rested on her forehead. She nickered softly, butting her head into his hand. The white wolf had been riding her on and off since the start of their journey.

Levi walked over to the large stallion, who had stopped drinking and stood next to the rushing water. As Levi reached up to grab his halter, the horse jerked out of the way and trotted a small distance away, his eyes lit up with amusement. The wolf chuckled softly before shrugging and turning his back to the horse.

Almost immediately, the sound of heavy feet walking towards him made the wolf smile. The warm breath of the horse against the back of his neck made him shiver before turning and petting the stallion’s sot, velvety nose. “Come on, you.” He grabbed hold of the halter and led him back to the cart, strapping it to the large body.

With one last look around the streambed, the white male heaved himself, bareback, onto the pretty mare. He clucked his tongue softly, and she started forward. Levi’s horses were trained in such a way that they needed no saddles or reins. The slightest touch on either side of their neck, near their withers, was a signal for them to turn that way. The longer and more persistent the touch, the more they turned. The young man felt it made for a better relationship between rider and steed; it required absolute trust in the other.

The small group made their way down through the trees, weaving in and out among them slowly. They had been at this sort of wandering for days, weeks even, trying to find a new place to call home. They had found several packs, yes. But most had turned him down on the spot because of his horses. And Levi would rather die than have to live without his horses, or even horses in general. He had been raised around them, almost raised by a horse. They were something he knew.

They stopped next to a fence. It stretched down through the trees; so far that Levi could not see an end to it. A little farther down, there was a break in the wall of wooden posts. He urged the horses forward, towards the opening. It was wide, big enough to allow him on Kaya and Bud next to him to pass through side by side.

But the scent coming from inside the gate stopped him in his tracks. It was the scents of many, many wolves, male and female. It must be another pack, he thought. The young man swung his leg over the side of the mare and hopped down to the ground. He walked forward, not taking a step into the territory.

Standing just before the gap in the fence, The white wolf let loose a howl, cupping his hands to his mouth as he did so. The sound rose, hovered in the air for a brief moment, and then fell. The silence immediately after the call was a little shocking to Levi, but he shook it off. He would have to wait it out, and what better way to wait for an undetermined time then to tend to the horses?

He turned around and walked back to the two beasts, patting Kaya as he passed her. In the kart that Bud was pulling, there was a large bag of grain. He untied the top of the bag and pulled out the two feedbags, filling them up as he did so. Once they were filled, he walked back to the mare and brought it to her muzzle, chuckling as she lipped the bag. Tying the strings behind her ears, he walked to where Bud stood waiting, his large ears perked as he waited for his. The white male tied his behind his ears as well before settling down next to the cart, his legs crossed in front of him.

[/html]
[html]
Word Count: 477 - SoSuWriMo

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

As the sound of a howl reached Dawali's ears he quickly signaled Belle to halt, and the well-trained horse did so immediately. He had just been heading back to get her settled back into the stable, having no further need for using her that day. She had helped him haul some large logs, as he was slowly repairing the fences around the area. Or perhaps not repairing, but more specifically improving them. He had a bull, now. He had kept it among the horses in the stable, but he did not seem happy there, nor did the horses approve of his presence. Though the indignant horses amused him to some extent, he knew that sooner or later he would need a separate place for the bull to live. And so he had started to spend his winter days collecting logs that had already fallen and needed little.. persuasion to be separated from their roots. Belle, his always preferred companion when doing work such as this, had hauled them from the heavier forest to a place he had cleared. There were several large logs there already, though he would not begin to build the fence during winter. The ground was as hard as solid stone, and there was no way he had the patience to try and best it when the solution was merely to wait for spring.

He signaled to the horse to turn back, and the rider and his horse headed for the borders. He was the Chief, and though he was tired now, he could not neglect his duties. Besides, he should really consider it an honor to have these obligations anyway. He had not been chosen by the spirits like Ayegali, but in times of need someone had to step up. The forces of this world had yet to punish him, and so it seemed to him that he was approved by them, at least for the time being. Gvihita soared overhead, quickly flying out of his view and towards the stranger. He knew very well when she had found them, for the images were clear as day. A stranger - with a horse? Horses! Several, how interesting. Dawali was quite used to being one of the very few who kept horses (though he knew that Cour des Miracles did so as well, he was not sure how common it was, still), and so this came as a surprise to him. Then again, he could hardly think that his tribe was among the only ones in this large world that had discovered the many uses these animals could be put to. That would be arrogant.

It did not take long to reach where their scents thinned out and mixed with that of unclaimed land. Their highest fence (though human-made) marked what he considered their border, and by it stood a strange male. Gvihita flew in circles around him, far up above where eagles best enjoyed themselves. Signaling to Belle to start moving slower, Dawali was uncertain at which distance to stop. Sometimes, horses did not approve of other, strange horses, and that stallion looked mighty fierce. Then again, he seemed to be strapped to some sort of.. device. The chief did not know what it was for, but it was probably good for something. If he was lucky, this traveler might share its secrets with his tribe. Smiling, Dawali waited until he was close enough for normal speech, and greeted, though he did not step down from atop the horse. He found that it felt safer to be on top of it — he had heard there was war in the north, and he was increasingly nervous when strangers lurked at their borders. "Hello, there. I'm Dawali, Chief of the tribe whose lands you're currently standing on." He left it at that. The other would understand his inquiry even if it was not a direct question.

[/html]
[html]

wc: 328

Levi was prepared to wait several hours before someone answered his call and met him at the border. So, he was pleasantly surprised when the head honcho himself met him there within minutes. He stood, knowing the horses would stay put and hoping that Bud would behave himself especially with the Chief’s mare around.

He took a step forward and nodded his head, keeping it lowered for a moment before straightening, a good natured smile on his face. “Hello, sir.” He paused, noting the fine shape his animal was in. He nodded slightly, knowing that there were probably other horses here. This was the first place he had come across where horses were not only accepted, but seemed to be well loved companions.

“I ask to join your ranks here, sir. I can be of good help to you and your fellows.” He stated simply. What more was there to say, really? It would be either a yes or a no. He sincerely hoped it would be a yes, however. It appeared that he would be able to keep both his horses here; he didn’t know how likely another place like this would pop up.

He wanted to mention that he was an excellent horseman, from their care to riding to all the things in between. But he thought it would be better to say that after he got the approval to cross the threshold into the territory first. Best not to make himself look boastful.

If he could find a place where he could work around the creatures he loved, he would be truly happy. The white male didn’t think there was another job in the world he would rather have. Levi knew he would be of help here, especially if they had horses.

But if the answer was a no, then he would just have to find another horse friendly pack. He would rather live alone than have to give up his horses.

[/html]
[html]
By the way - your character is in luck. We're soon adding a new rank whose main concern is caring for the animals :]
Word Count: 410 - SoSuWriMo

Instantly, Dawali felt that this male was someone he could like, and with that realization his ears moved to point to the skies. He was polite, and while Dawali usually felt slightly uncomfortable when adressed formally (unless in a very formal situation, such as ceremonies, of course), he did not mind this small "sir" that this one offered. The male was straight to the point, too, and upon hearing it Dawali's ears moved again, before resuming their previous position. Interesting... He studied for a moment the much smaller female horse he had with him, and thought to himself that his own ranks of their horses needed some fresh bloood from both genders. If this male was willing to let them breed, it would be, basically... well everything he needed right now. "I see..." He paused a moment, for he was very fascinated by the device attached to the stallion. Though he could not really understand how it was built, he could see what it was for, and it was ingenious. He signaled Belle with a sharp sound of the mouth to move forward, and meanwhile all his attention was on the thing. It had wheels and everything, and this one was smart enough to know what to feed his horses as well. Yes indeed, he could be of good help to Dawali and his fellows. Having finally satisfied his need for looking at the strange device, while at a comfortable distance from the other horses still, as well as could be, the Chief shifted his gaze onto the joining male. "That thing there, can you build them?" Dawali was being blunt now, and it was very rare that this semi-greedy side of him was on display. However, he had never before seen this, and it could be such a great advantage to them, that he put that in front of general politeness, for once. However, his voice and general demeanor was pleasant as always. Dawali would have to work for it in order to be unwelcoming. No, his curiosity and urge to own this knowledge drove him now, and it was a strange sensation. Still, this male had already proven that he could be a resource, even if he could not build that thing, and so would be welcomed among their ranks either way. Still, Dawali wanted to know this first. If he could somehow persuade this one to share that knowledge, Dawali could lessen a lot of his workload.

[/html]
[html]

awesome :O wc: 261

Levi hesitated, following the Chief’s gaze. It rested on the cart that was attached to the large Clydesdale stallion. “Sure, I could build them. I used to build things a lot when I was living at home.” He chuckled softly, his thoughts drifting back to where he grew up. His parents had been like him; an undying love for horses. They had a large ranch in Montana, where they bred and raised horses. “My dad and I built that one when I was a kid.”

He walked over to the cart. Bud shifted his feet anxiously, turning his head to look at Levi as he approached. “Easy boy.” The white male soothed softly, patting the large, auburn rump. He placed his hands on the side of the cart, demonstrating how sturdy it was. “It’s real solid. Good for a lot of things.”

He turned and smiled at the other male, his tail waving slowly back and forth in a friendly gesture. He glanced over at Kaya, who had been surprisingly silent throughout this ordeal. Her ears were pricked forward, towards the new horse and her rider, and her nostrils were flaring. Levi opened his mouth to soothe her, but she beat him to it. She let loose a loud whinny, and Levi chuckled as he walked to her and patted her dark neck.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t introduce myself. My name is Levi, sir. Levi Donahue.” His face creased with another friendly smile, his ears perked forward on top of his head.

[/html]
[html]
I thought you might think so xD
Word Count: 410 - SoSuWriMo

Dawali was an old fart, and the mention of this male's building this one with his father warmed his heart. When a virtual stranger spoke so easily about their family, one could only assume that they valued their family. All in all, this male seemed to fit in nicely in AniWaya. He handled horses, he was friendly, and if Dawali wasn't mistaken he held cared about the concept of the family. This was all well, but most of all Dawali was eager. His ears perked instantly as the stranger confirmed that he could build them, and Dawali smield broadly. "That's great!" He demonstrated how it was sturdy (only after soothing the horse. Dawali had glanced on it, and it had not seemed to him to be uncomfortable, but then again he was used to quite.. unruly horses. If they were uncomfortable, you would know immediately. Subtle signals passed him by.), and the Chief's grin broadened. Oh he could transport all kinds of things in this. For all the feasts during the year, oh! and his lumber for the fences! He was just to transporting as much as he could in packs or whatever that could be loaded onto the horse's back. Logs had been moved one or two at a time, depending on size. This device, though, would make his life so much easier.

Dawali stared at the thing with interested eyes, his happy line of thought only interrupted when the male introduced himself. Quickly snapping out of it, the Chief rested his yellow eyes on him, now, and for the first time actually studied this one. He seemed able enough. "I'm sorry.. I've just never seen this device, it's so interesting — and practical, too!" He paused after giving the explanation. He had had to give one, for it was obvious that his mind had been far away from the male in front of him. His hand was casually thrown in the direction of the thing (what was it called? He had so many questions!), as if half-heartedly pointing at it. "Levi, you are welcome here, if this is where you want to be. I think you shall fit in nicely." Again with the bluntness. Was he changing? Was this device's power over him so strong that it robbed him the way of speech? Not really, it was himself that hindered his own words. But, Levi would not need more words than that to understand him, so why waste breath?

[/html]
[html]

wc:244

“It’s alright, I understand.” He paused, his tail swishing back and forth behind him. “Yeah, they aren’t that difficult to build. I could make them for different uses too; bigger, longer, or maybe one for two horses to be strapped to… it would just take a bit of planning.”

His tail wagged even harder at the news that he was welcomed here. No more searching, no more traveling. He had found a home. He would have to figure out a way to send a message to his family. He missed them so much.

“Thank you, sir. I think I’m going to like it here.” He smiled, and he walked over to Kaya and patted her broad shoulder. She turned her pretty head around to look at him, and he rubbed her soft, velvet nose.

He wondered briefly where he was going to stay. He would rather stay somewhat close to where Bud and Kaya would be housed, but he wasn’t sure if that would be possible. There was probably a barn, if they had more horses. He wondered if there was a hayloft he could stay in.

Levi was thrilled that this had all happened so fast. An hour ago, he had been homeless. Now, all three of them had a place to rest their heads at night. It felt nice, knowing he belonged somewhere after so long of sleeping in a different place each and every night.

[/html]
[html]
Welcome! If you haven't already done so, check out the AniWaya website! Also, keep posting in this thread if you would like to continue it, though the joining process is finished and I've requested your title Smile
Word Count: 348 - SoSuWriMo

Dawali nodded and smiled eagerly as Levi explained that he could indeed make the things, and even for several horses and different purposes. The Chief's eyes studied it, envisioning their looks, and all the things he could do with it. He took in its look greedily, almost like a male would take in the sight of a voluptuous female he knew he could have. It was almost so bad that he had to restrain himself from letting his tongue exit his mouth and run across his upper lip in pure excitement. He did no such thing, however, and tore his eyes away from the invention he believed would change his life. He could stare at it later; Levi was joining their ranks, he was not leaving. This was a good day for the future of his tribe, and mentally he gave a thank to the spirits for giving him this opportunity. Now, he calmed a little, and put his full concentration back on the male in front of him.

The conversation was shifted onto small-talk in a way, the introductory sentences and polite phrases that are exchanged between strangers who aim to know each other better sometime in the distance. Dawali nodded and replied with one short such phrase, and added a question of his own. Or rather, an invitation. Unknowingly, Dawali's simple common sense had caused him to answer the questions in Levi's mind, as if he could predict these things. He could not, but sometimes he got lucky. "I certainly hope so. Will you ride back to the village with me? I can show you where the stable is along the way. Surely your horses would like a roof during the night?" He did not know what Levi's horses were accustomed to, and whether they might not like to share a place with other, strange horses. But, if Levi so pleased, he was welcome to raise a second stable for his own to — though the ground would not be soft enough until spring. Whatever the issue, they would find a solution, and so it mattered little.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.