Call me Silly
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... yu/ice.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top;">

ooc:

In a month prior, had someone told this rusted hue female she would be seeking a two-legged walker, Luperci as it was eloquently dubbed, she would have scoffed and called the speaker daft. Perhaps revealed a bit of her prejudice with her sharp tongue or insulted the alien race behind their backs. But oh, how quickly time tended to change an individual.

For her past behavior, she was ashamed, blinded by how she was treated by one and fit the image to all unjustly. A foolish thing on her part and it was not without reason that her perspective had changed to abruptly. A few weeks had passed since her discovery, the alternative forms she harbored in her unique body. A burlier, harder four-legged form and then the sleek and tall form of the two-legged walker. She was not infected, infused with blood or bitten. She had changed in the midst of her dream having wanted more than anything to be equals with her sibling who drove her from home. And the gods answered her cries and altered her form to match that of her sister’s. Zynex was frightful at first, looking at this mutation as a burden more than a gift. But wallowing was never suited for the dame. Her heart not in cased in ice as she thought it to be. A sliver of optimism had shown through and she embraced it, recalling the feats, albeit simple ones, that were accomplished by those with fingers and dexterous limbs.

She thought of Dawali and his glorious mane, accented with the feathers of avians and the cords that made up his cultural distinction. She had been enthralled that day when her mind was closed and the rain poured around them. The female had envied that decoration…but that had changed so abruptly. That jealousy altered to anticipation, an eagerness to again see the magnificent wear and try it for herself. But above all, she sought to again meet the wolf whom had looked to her as an equal despite his rank.

Her passage into Aniwaya territory was an easy feat, her guide Hanna having given her a brief lay of the land. But rather than take to it so easily, Zynex kept her distance, venturing only as far as the outskirts where the scent of the tribe was strong but not overbearing. The scent of the Valley upon her, she knew little of the relations between her clansmen and this tribe. But for the sake of accompaniment, she silently hoped her encounter with the Chief would fall under familiar terms again…if only for a moment. Absently she reached behind her back, favoring the crimson tresses that settled near the small of her back with a nervous finger. She lifted her muzzle skyward and uttered a call to be addressed by the Chief. The frigid winter’s chill nearly stole her voice but it remained strong and sound. And when her call receded…she paced.

Words: 491

I'm thinking about something... Be quiet when I talk. I'm just wandering
[/html]
[html]
Word Count: 804 - SoSuWriMo

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

The Chief was taking another day off. He had collected wood for the renewal of the fences, and he had collected wood for his fireplace. He had collected even more wood for the fixing of his hut, come spring, and now he sat still, done with collecting wood. In winter, there was little else to do. Sure, he could always travel, go on diplomatic missions and visit friends. Sure, he could always throw a feast, or teach the young some of what he knew. Sure, he could tell the tales of the past, but the truth was that all of these activites were just something to pass the time. There was little actual work to do beyond caring for the animals. The red wolf was never comfortable during winter, and he was constantly worrying that someone would fall ill or get injured. He also knew that he was not the only one to be bored in wintertime. There was little to hunt, and traveling was a drag. Some spent that extra energy fighting others; Dawali did not approve of this. But, he knew better than to ignore it, and usually he was in a constant state of alertness regarding strangers along his tribe's borders. The only different thing about his day off this time was the smile on his face. His eldest daughter had returned to them only days prior, and now he had concluded that he had been wearier than he had thought he had been. Seeing his daughter's face again had lifted his spirits so much that he realized just how low they had been. So, it was time for Dawali Amara to take a little break. No more collecting or worrying today, just fun things. And if something fun came along, he would follow that impulse without hesitation, and without guilt. He was old, after all (though only by comparison to the members of his tribe), and could drop dead at any minute!

A call for him reached his ears and for a moment he discarded it — someone else could deal with it! He was taking a day off. So there. But something in this call rang a bell, and he spent a moment wondering if he had perhas heard the voice before. If it was someone he knew he would certainly have to meet them. Then, he was torn. Just because it was an acquaintance didn't mean that it wouldn't be chore-related. And what was the point of his day off if he would spend it running here and there to the tune of acquaintances? Then again, it could be a social visit. Sighing at himself, he decided to simply go and see, because he knew he would not be able to rest his mind if he didn't. Strong, long legs carried him swiftly towards the borders — for the caller was polite enough to wait there, it seemed. Some time passed, but Dawali was a natural runner. His lanky legs had once run all the way from Halifax to AniWaya, so the distance from the village to the borders was just pancakes. As he jogged at a comfortable rhythm, his nose slowly picked up hints of someone's scent, and by the time he was nearly upon her he could piece it together; Zynex. The strange female who sat in a log last he saw her. What did she want? She hadn't seemed very friendly to him, and though it could of course have been shyness, he was still surprised to find her here. He exited vegetation and entered the more open land that his borders were positioned on, and could quickly see her against the snowy field. She had much the same colors of himself, though in a different pattern and without the gray. She was easy to see against the snow. Another surprise — she was shifted. And now she bore the scent of Phoenix Valley. Well, then, this was a wholly different situation since last time! Approaching her, he lifted an arm and waved at her in a friendly manner, speaking to her only when he slowed down with a few steps of halway jogging, halfway walking. "Hello there, Zynex. You've changed since last we spoke." This bluntness he had picked up lately; perhaps it was a sideeffect of being the Chief for so long. So long? Who was he kidding, he hadn't been the Chief for "so long". Other Chiefs served for the good of the tribe for lifetimes, and he had only held the rank for little over a year. Still, the weight on his shoulders made it feel like an eternity. The red wolf smiled broadly, for now he realized that this might get much more interesting than it had been sitting under a little shelter and listening to the storm wreak havoc on the woods.

[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... yu/ice.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top;">

ooc:

Zyn was a patient creature, though few would know this given the female’s eager disposition. But in her wait, she portrayed the image of a calmed demeanor, much like the huntress lying in wait for the opportunity to strike, but her pacing disregarded the thought completely. The betrayal of her impatience. The female was beside herself and it showed with each sway of her tail and each hastily placed step of her feet. Why had none come to greet her yet? Where they busy, she wondered and for a moment was depressed by the idea. She hadn’t considered that the Chief had some duty to attend to. Her selfish want to satisfy her own means outweighed that of what potentially went on with the Alpha. Zynex paused a moment in her aimless wandering, bracing a palm against her crown to her dismay. Perhaps she shouldn’t have come?

But waning patience favored a reward. The sounds of footsteps, of heavy panting from a run and the overwhelming scent of the tribe rushed full force into her senses. She lifted her muzzle attentively, ears arched forward in acknowledgment as the spectacle of rust invaded her vision. “Dawali!” She exclaimed, excitement proceeding her want to maintain a collected disposition. It was tossed to the wind as the extravagant headdress of his mane came into clear view and the soft smile upon her lips broadened as his did.

“It…has been a while I suppose,” she offered quietly, for though some things had changed about her, a meek tone was something that would not so easily. The alto octave was low, as her usual but for the sake of impression, she tried to keep her tone level and sound. Her slender ears pinned back shyly for a moment, taking to heart his words. “Indeed, I have.” Absently she toyed with a coarse strand of crimson at her back. The whole of her tail bat the air in a friendly wave. “But, you seem the same.” A polite recognition and nothing more. Zynex was not the type to be intimidated, but she was at ends with herself for a moment. This territory was claimed by the Chief before her and the protocol for guests were still unfamiliar. She had trouble gauging how to react in front of the Alpha, though her knew what she rather would have liked to do despite her upbringing.

Policy be damned. The internal dilemma resolved, she approached him with some bout of confidence, her height aiding in reaching his shoulder and with a dip of her muzzle, she tapped him lightly with the tip of her nose in a friendly greeting. “I had hoped to see you again,” she confessed, eyes detouring to the snow at her feet for a moment. “I remembered you told me where you lands lied…so I felt it appropriate to come see your land when I made my…discovery.” She glanced to the Chief, her proximity still close but at a sparing distance to keep him from being smothered by her aura. “I hope this is acceptable and not a breach of your laws…”

And for the life of her, she could not help but be cordial.

Words: 530

[/html]
[html]
Word Count: 509 - SoSuWriMo

It seemed to him that the female that stood before him had changed a lot since their last encounter, not just physically (obviously) but also in mind. She even exclaimed his name as he arrived, something he would not have expected from her behavior during the storm. Still, he welcomed any positive change with arms opened, and he smiled gently at her when she replied to his comment. Still, the Zynex he had met under a leather shelter during a lightning storm was not gone from the Zynex that stood in front of him, for she still spoke carefully. He could honestly say that he liked this less wary person better. When she boldly stated that he seemed the same, Dawali chuckled heartily. Indeed, if there was one thing that never changed around here, it seemed that it was him. Members came and went in AniWaya, mates disappeared and reappeared, children grew into adults, but Dawali Amara did not change, did not move or stir from his position. No, he was a rock allright, though to some, perhaps, it was quite boring. He did not think so, he believed in stability, and he did not care if people found him boring. It seemed Zynex did not, seeing as she had sought him out. "Hehe, yes. I stay the same, it seems, no matter what happens." That, of course, was really a lie. But the changes in him were always so small and subtle in his own mind, that he did not notice them, and so his world did not change. Or, well, it did, but not by his hands. It had changed a couple of days ago when Asha had returned home, but that was not his doing.

She explained her reasons for coming here, and his arms crossed casually as he listened. The gesture didn't mean anything, at least not as far as he knew, because he did it without knowing. He relaxed his stance and kept his weight on one leg, nodding as she spoke to him. Another glimmer of the Zynex he had met before surfaced when she almost apologized for coming here, and now his hand moved in a gesture that excused her completely. "Oh, no, don't worry. You're being perfectly polite, more so than others do around here sometimes. And congratulations on your discovery, too. Do you like it?" It seemed she had not known of this, or perhaps she had gained the gift. Dawali had heard stories of how one could go from never being able to walk on two legs, to suddenly being able to, often after wars or by mateship. He had no concept of viruses, bacteria or contamination, and so all he could conclude was that it was the work of the spirits. The spirits could be random, of course, and perhaps that was what they had been in this case. Either that, or she had been able to all along, but had never known. Some experienced that as well, probably.

He lifted his face slightly, nostrils for the first time noticing something very different in her from their last encounter. "The scent of Phoenix Valley is on you — did you find a home, then?" Small talk, but relevant. If she did live there, and had not merely visited for some time, then she was welcome here as hsi own tribe's members were. Phoenix Valley and AniWaya were allies, and Dawali knew better than not to respect and honor that agreement. She could perhaps be pleased and reassured by learning this.

[/html]
[html]

ooc: >.< How late is this....

Dear Zynex was not the fawning type, but like most of her gender, she was subjective to polite gestures. The time in the rain seemed such a time ago, a time when she was still burdened by her exile and the betrayal of her sibling. But the time away had done her well and encouraged a new persona to develop. One she was not ashamed of, though the instilled qualities of her regality still lingered. None the less, she was subjective to emotion and played the part accordingly. She looked to Dawali with new eyes, still the same glittering silver but their glimmer was not burdened by fear or discomfort…or prejudice. She smiled freely, looking to the Chief. Her tail attaining a mind of its own as it swayed to and fro with poorly subdued excitement. “I’m glad to see you’re still the same. I had feared you would change on me.” Indeed, her tongue had loosened.

Congratulations to her Optime form incited such a smile to her muzzle, she feared it would split her maw apart of it drew any wider. Indeed, she had taken a liking to it, more so for what she was able to do with it now but had yet to explore. “Yes, I like it very much. But,” her slender digits still favoring a long strand, she reached over her should and took hold of the mass bringing it forward to display its length. “…my mane…you see.” She waved it lightly, “…it gets in the way. I was unable to make your cords,” she confessed with a sheepish smile and a down of a single ear. “It is still new…and I’m not as practiced as you.” Perhaps she could be taught? How she wanted to ask but held her tongue from such a bold address. Her relation with the Chief was still an acquaintance, though with this venture she hoped to escalate from distant standings. One could dream, and she was certainly doing a lot of it as of late.

And how her mind strayed from her. Zyn nearly leapt in attention as she was addressed. The heavy scent of the Valley being noted by Dawali sent and uncomfortable chill down her spine. Had she forgotten so easily the clan she was aligned to? No. She simply hoped it would not matter. The russet female nodded solemnly, twin auds raised half-heartedly. “I have,” she admitted, “But I am hardly there less it’s to hunt for the pack. I’m still a Wanderer it seems…” She smiled awkwardly, averting from the male’s gaze and favoring the snow about their feet. “But…let’s talk about something else.” Please, alter the subject. On this note Zyn raised her head again trying to perk the brief downed expression.

Words: 458

[/html]
[html]
Not later than this :/ I'm very sorry... Also this post is shit :/
Word Count: 415

He chuckled loudly, and was surprised at her freedom when speaking to him. Last time they had spoken she had seemed unable to behave such as this towards him, but time worked as it always did, and often in a positive direction. Obviously, Zynex had settled in by now, and Dawali was glad. Winking, he replied to her with a voice that revealed his high spirits ."That won't happen until I'm gone from this world, by the looks of it!" Indeed, he was stuck, in that sense, but he would have it no other way.

Now came the moment when her goal was revealed, and Dawali smiled at her as she spoke, her hands grabbing her long mane and offering him a look at it. The Chief knew the different hazards and annoyances that came with too long and tangled manes. His own was only cut in ceremonial circumstances, and so could grow quite long at times, depending on the time and events of the year. He nodded at her and studied the strands of hair and some signs that she had perhaps already tried to tie it like his. Oh, the millions of different ways one could do these things. When the children were young, some of them spent their free time playing with the ideas, and thus many techniques and looks had emerged from this spare-time hobby. He kept it simple, but many of the females in AniWaya tied their hair in much more elaborate ways. Still, it probably mattered little to Zynex, long as she could get it out of the way. Dawali reached back into his own mane and pulled forward one of the smaller braids. It was not a long time since he had done this one, and so it was only marginally matted. His fingers nimbly offered her to look at it while he spoke in a mild voice. "It is not really hard at all." he paused, glancing at her mane as if trying to see how matted it could be. It looked more than fine enough to be braided without too much work. "I can show you if you want."

A glimpse of the very same Zynex he had met during a storm emerged, and it was unclear that she was not comfortable with the subject. He was not surprised when she asked him if they could change it, and he nodded silently, leaving the conversation dead there altogether. He was not out to make anyone uncomfortable.
[/html]