is it suppose to mean something
[html]

OHAY OOC LAND. :3

Her wounds were beginning to heal, the bruised flesh was tender if provoked but it didn't cause her to wake in the night when she moved anymore. She now sported fierce red scars where once the blood still ran free, the scabs starting to flake and fall away. She was tempted to pick at the healing flesh but she knew that would only make it worse. Firefly just glared at the world instead. She knew soon enough she would need to return to Inferni to share what information Kol had given her and she was hesitant but she would have to see if Amaranth would come with her to speak to the leader of the clan. She didn't even want to think what Ayita would do to her if she found out, but she would deal with that later.

She'd spoken to Kol of going with her to speak to Anselm but the woman seemed doubtful of going to the clan's lands. Firefly would try and find her later and talk to her again. She wasn't stupid enough to go near Dahlia de Mai but she knew that Kol often explored Halifax looking for a variety of things. Perhaps she'd get lucky and find her there. It was a thought at the least. She didn't know if she'd be lucky enough to convince Kol to return with her but it would be nice if she did.

She flicked her tail back and forth as she thought to herself before getting up and going to walk the borders. She hadn't been along the edge of the lands in a long time and she figured that perhaps now was better than later. She leaned against a tree to scratch at one of the healing wounds, flinching when the scab caught on the rough bark. She pulled away and shook her fur out before trailing along the way. By the way Conor spoke none of the pack would seek sanctuary within another's lands, but she didn't know. He was proud, perhaps he didn't want to think that it was she who gave that aid. She didn't want to think of what might happen to those who didn't wish to fight if Inferni brought the fight to their lands.

don't you mess with a little girl's dream

cause she's liable to grow up mean

<style>
.firefly-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.firefly-a01 b {color:#B4C0BE;}
.firefly-a01-separator {text-align:center; padding:0px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; border-bottom:1px solid #000000; border-top:1px solid #000000; }
.firefly-a01-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.firefly-a01 { background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/fireflytbg.gif); background-color:#11403B; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.firefly-a01-txt { font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:13px; line-height:10px; text-transform:uppercase; color:#07211E; font-weight:normal; letter-spacing:-1.5px; padding:10px 20px 0px 20px; text-align:right; }
.firefly-a01-txt em {color:#205852;}
.firefly-a01-txt i {color:#B4CFCC;}
.firefly-a01-txt b {color:#022824;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

I'm assuming she's unshifted? ^^; 600 words.

Her last visit to the territory of Cour des Miracles had not been very productive, considering she had never actually gone to see Haven. By the time she had met the Dauphine, it had been verging on late enough that she did not think it completely acceptable to be running around in the dark. Princess was not terribly concerned for her own well being, despite the war in the north, but she had been trying to keep herself relatively safe, if only for Haven’s sake. Though she did not know for sure, she suspected that the Knight would worry about her if she deliberately ignored all safety precautions, so she was making an effort. She had stopped trying to see Inferni, and she had not returned to Dahlia to fight with her mother some more. It was not her intention to do so, either, but she did kind of want to know her little half-brother. If she could get to him before he was old enough that Tokyo and Haku could twist him, then perhaps there would be a chance for him yet. There was no guarantee it would any good for her to try to contact him without their mother finding out, but she might put forth the effort sometime. It might be helpful.

Princess trotted silently in the direction of her orange boy’s pack, skirting the borders. This adventure was, surprisingly, not one she was using to see him. Her meeting with Ruri had reminded her how she did not know anyone in his pack, but that they might know of her, and it would probably be beneficial to meet a few of his pack mates. With the direction things seemed to be going, it would probably help her out in the future if she knew some of the members, and she did not really have a problem with meeting new people, either. It could be fun, regardless of whether or not it could be considered useful to her, as she did not think of herself as someone who only did things that could provide a greater outcome later. She certainly did things for a purpose, but they were her own purposes, and she did not think that they needed to be justified to anyone, not even herself. It did not make much sense, but that was just that way that her mind worked, something that she could easily understand. It was, after all, her own mind.

It was not long before she found someone who smelled of the pack, but Princess was no so certain she should approach this female. She seemed like she’d been fighting recently, and while she held the scent of Cour des Miracles thickly, the thought that she had been fighting was not one Princess wanted to entertain. That could mean that the war had come down here, as well, and that Haven could be in danger. Adopting a friendly smile, Princess walked closer, assuming that she would have been seen by now. She had, admittedly, never been good at hiding or sneaking up on anyone. “Hi, I’m Princess. I’m a, um, a friend of Haven’s,” she offered politely, hoping she would not be scolded for coming so close. She still did not know what to say in regards to that, but it seemed logical to introduce herself as a friend of his, rather than something else. The pack was not one she knew well, so she did not know whether or not her relationship with Haven would be frowned upon. It seemed safer to simply say she was a friend, just incase.

[/html]
ooc;yeppers1
; Firefly had stopped to nibble at a bit of snow stuck between her paws as she heard the sound of approaching paws. She dropped her forepaw back to the ground and lifted her head to find the owner. The woman she found not to far away carried a scent that she knew, belonging to the pack her brother belonged to. She knew little of his pack and didn’t take much time to learn further, she’d never really heard anything from the lands though she knew Haven had once lived ther. The lady was at the borders, not wandering through the lands like she belonged there so Firefly wasn’t too worried. She smiled at the figure who came towards her as she stood still, waiting to see what the woman wanted.

She flicked her tail idly as the woman finally spoke. She dipped her head in a shallow nod as she accepted her words before flicking one ear back lazily and grinning. ”A friend? I never get to meet any of my nephew’s friends. He’s always so secretive.” she complained jokingly. Truthfully she never bothered to pester Haven enough to find out any deep dark secrets about the boy. He was well enough, though she could ruffle his feathers if she wanted, but he’d saved her life recently and she would never do anything to harm the boy, besides, DaVinci might skin her alive if he ever heard of her speaking ill of the boy. Not that there was anything to speak ill about nowadays.

She settled back on her haunches as she asked, ”I’m Firefly Sadira by the way.. So what brings you to the lands, I’m sure we could find Haven if you were needing his assistance for anything. He’s been quite busy rescuing damsels in distress and upholding the law of the lands but I think he could be spared for a few moments.” She was in an unusually good mood, perhaps it was because the girl’s pack scent reminded her of her sibling, so good natured and laidback that he brought out the better half of her, or maybe it was because she’d been cracked a little when Dahlia de Mai had gotten a hold of her. Who knew, but it fared well for this woman at least.

ic
[html]

565 words.

It seemed her explanation was enough to please the Miracle woman, which made Princess feel relatively relieved. She was not looking for any sort of confrontation today, only conversation and the company of someone from Haven’s pack. There was not really any way that she could explain why she wanted to know his pack members so much, other than the fact that she had already been within the lands a few times and she was more than just his friend. She did not know what, exactly, she was, but she knew that it was more than a friend. Something was there, but she did not have the experience to know what it was. She did not ever want it to end though, and she hoped that he would never follow in the footsteps of everyone else in her life by abandoning her. It would probably be worse if that happened than it had been to lose her brother and find out of her mother’s pregnancy in such a very short timeframe, and she hoped she would never experience that.

“I didn’t know he had an aunt here,” she mused, thinking over everything that he had told her of his family. Really, all she knew was that his mother and sister, Anu and Mati respectively, lived in Crimson Dreams, and that his birth mother lived somewhere else with a new litter of puppies. It was pretty pathetic how little she actually knew about his life and family, but she supposed that didn’t really matter. She knew him, and that was the important part. Princess could only assume that Firefly and Haven were not close like he was with his mother and sister, or he would have told Princess about her. It was no matter, though. Even if she had no family that she could not be close to, Princess could understand how some people were not close to their families. It was unfortunate, and she wished she had some family to be close to, but she supposed she understood why not all families were close. She just did not have anyone to be close to.

She felt an unfamiliar flare of jealousy at the idea of him saving other “damsels in distress,” but it seemed a better idea not to let it on that she felt that way. She did not understand why she had those feelings, and really, it only made sense that Firefly would joke about the fact that he is a Knight. Knights did those things, didn’t they? Besides, her jealousy was completely illogical. “No need to get him, I was just visiting, I guess... I just wanted to meet more people in his pack.” It still didn’t make sense, even after she had vocalized it, but that was just the way it was. “I’m Princess Chance,” she added, since Firefly had given her whole name. Even if she hated her mother and now did not like her brother much, she did not want to give up her last name. It was a part of her, even if it had negative connotations in regards to her heritage. “I’m sorry for asking, but were you fighting? I mean, with who? Cour des Miracles isn’t getting involved in the war, is it?” she asked, worry in her tone. She didn’t want anything to happen to Haven or those he cared for and protected.

[/html]
She couldn’t help but grin at the woman as she spoke of Haven. Firefly gave a little wink as she tested the news of Firefly being his aunt. She shrugged slightly in passing as she added. ”I’m not really his aunt. His mother was my older brother’s sister. She sortof took care of my brother when they were younger. Haven is closer to my brother than me. I just let him call me auntie if he likes.” She wouldn’t admit that she had a weak spot for the boy and she would let him do as he liked no matter what she was to him. He was a lot like DaVinci and having him around made her feel calmer when the world was in an uproar. Often enough she forgot even that they were related by declaration, but it didn’t matter, not really to her.

She couldn’t help though but to raise a brow when the girl decided that she didn’t need Haven. She nodded slowly as she suggested. ”Perhaps next time you see him ask him for a tour.. I’m sure you can find a few more of the pack. Haven knows a lot of the pack’s haunts, seeing how it’s his job to keep them protected.” She had said the words without thinking, it was the truth, but her mind was elsewhere. It didn’t take long for her to remember where she was though, when the girl gave her name Firefly couldn’t help when the heckles rose along her back, her eyes glittering dangerously, though she remained silent.

She would have let the surname of the woman go except for the fact that she continued on, asking of her wounds and the war. Firefly felt a ripple slide across her pelt as she frowned and narrowed her eyes at the girl a moment before replying dryly. ”I once belonged to Dahlia de Mai. A woman with the same surname as you pressed one of her eager little fiends to attack me for my thoughts on their leader.” Her hard emerald eyes remained fixed on Princess as she added just for good measure. ”The woman and her dog knew I was expecting.”It was more than obvious that she was no longer expecting anything. Her eyes cast away as she let them close, the darkness behind her lids soothing as she tried to keep back her anger at the memories the child provoked.
[html]

500+ words.

Her brother's sister would likely make the two women in the equation also sisters, but Princess was not going to press the subject. Her family had more than enough disfunction to spread around, so she was not going to look down upon anyone else's family-related problems. In that respect, she was no better than anyone else, and truthfully, the logical part of her brain knew that she wasn't better than anyone else, even aside from family problems, but there was still a part of her brain that would probably always be under her mother's influence. She would fight it all that she could, but it would always be there, the young woman suspected. Princess only hoped that those around her, especially Haven, could look past that. Not everyone knew of her problems and past, but Haven did, and Princess was sure that he could understand that she would fight with everything that she could against that influence. Lately, though, she wasn't sure if she was winning or losing, considering her emotional turmoil as of late. Not knowing really did bother her.

It only seemed logical that they weren't terribly close, since Haven had never mentioned Firefly to her like he had mentioned Anu and Mati both. Maybe it was in the way that she had been close to Ares, though. . . Princess had not really talked to him much, or talked about him often, but they had been close, or so she had foolishly thought. A small grin spread at Firefly's suggestion, and she nodded, but it was not really a nod of agreement. "We never seem to have time for a tour, the few times I've been here," she added, knowing that she was leaving that open to interpretation. There were tons of things she could mean by that, so Princess was not expecting the woman to know exactly what she meant. She would have been surprised if Firefly did, although she supposed that Haven might have told Firefly about her already and the woman was simply pretending not to know. She had been raised a liar, so it was practically in her blood to suspect things of others that she might do herself--in the past, of course. She wanted to be done with all of that now, and move forward in her life.

Her lips thinned at the mention of her mother, though it seemed Firefly did not know their exact relationship. Suddenly, she wished she had not given a full introduction. It seemed like it would have been better, and she should keep that in mind. Dahlia de Mai was at war, and her mother was cruel. It was very likely that the Chance name would continue to become a bitter taste on everyones' tongues. "I'm not surprised that didn't stop her," she said softly, looking away from Firefly as if she were to blame. She did not like knowing that her mother had harmed someone close to Haven. "Please do not think I'm heartless for asking, but. . . Did she have puppies with her? I. . . I know that their parents are both monsters, but they're. . . Still my. . ." Still her what? Princess mentally kicked herself for her cold, stumbling words. "They're my siblings, or half-siblings, anyway. She has a habit of killing her children. . . Three physically, and two in the mental-emotional sense," she added. "That is why it does not surprise me, and I just want to know if. . . There's any chance that I can save them from her. I don't know how, though," she whispered pathetically.

[/html]
Firefly had been quiet after she spoke, slightly baffled as to why the girl was just wanting to get to know the others in the lands when clearly she belonged to another pack. She kept her jaw shut though and just let the woman’s mind roam as she studied the younger woman. Firefly raised a brow slightly when words fell from the other’s lips, a soft chuckle rising from her throat as she asked. ”Always having to go rescue those in need?” she asked, knowing that Haven took his position seriously. ”He’s got a good heart.” Firefly didn’t really care what had kept the two from roaming the pack’s lands, it wasn’t her business and she had other things on her mind anyways. She flicked her eyes back to the woman as she suggested. ”We could always explore the lands and talk you know?” If Haven was too busy to show her the lands then Firefly would just have to do that for him. It wasn’t like they had any secrets that the world didn’t already know of.

She had begun to move along, assuming the girl would follow, her mind having turned dark and brooding with the truth of the woman’s heritage. She pinned her ears back as she said coolly. ”Perhaps you would do better to lose all connection to such a beast then.” She hadn’t known the twisted ways of Tokyo but if she had known them when she’d belonged to Dahlia de Mai perhaps she would have realized that the twisted soul was just as bad as Haku. She never should have spoken to the bitch that day anyways, but there was nothing she could do now.

She turned her gaze away from the other woman as she listened to the words she asked, Firefly not wanting to tell the woman that the bitch had had a pup there when she’d issued the attack on Firefly but the pleading in the girl’s voice caused her to give in. She sighed and ran a finger along the scar that was forming from the wound along her shoulder and arm. ”She had a child with her. His name is King, and sadly he looks strikingly like his father.” Her voice was bitter as she spoke, wishing that the other hadn’t wanted to linger on the subject of Haku’s bastard child, but as bitter as she felt she knew the girl didn’t deserve a lashing just because Firefly was feeling low.

Firefly glanced over to the girl as she revealed her wishes to remove the child from it’s mother. She frowned slightly, but her mind working over what Tokyo had stolen from her. She knew that she was brewing trouble in even thinking of removing the child from it’s mother but she didn’t believe that any good would come of him living with Tokyo if what Princess said was true. She bit her lip slightly as she huffed. ”She took my children from me, she should only deserve the same treatment in return.” Though Firefly wouldn’t see that Tokyo’s child face the same fate as her own perhaps it would be worth it for the bitch to know how she felt, what had been stolen from her. It would serve Haku right as well, though she doubted he cared for the welp. Her eyes glittered dangerously as she asked Princess. ”You want him to have a better life than what he’d have stuck with the monsters that hold him now?” She wasn’t going to get the girl involved in any plotting that she planned to do, but she wanted to know if that was indeed her wish, to have her brother removed from Tokyo’s grasp.
[html]

500+ words. WotD: Vitiate.

Princess knew all too well the goodness that was within Haven's heart and she smiled, thinking of this. What she knew was good enough for her to believe he was always the chivalrous, wonderful man she knew, but hearing that others shared an opinion with her made her feel good. It was nice to know that, for once, her judgment was not being questioned, but rather, confirmed. If there was anyone that she knew she could count on in her life, it was Haven, and she would have been heartbroken to find out he was not the amazing man she thought he was. "Yeah, he does. Someone did something right with him," she agreed with a smile, though she did not know who. It certainly was not his father. The most likely answer was Anu, of course. I just wish someone had done something right with me, she mentally added. It was not self-pity, but merely a desire to be different. The Chance girl was proud to have found someone like Haven, but she wanted him to be proud to have found her, as well, some day.

There didn't seem to be room for argument at Firefly's suggestion that they walk together, so Princess followed her dutifully, looking around them as she walked to see the lands she had yet to really see. She would not have argued with the idea, anyway, and she was grateful for the chance to look around, especially in a case such as this, where she not only had permission to be there, but she also had company. Princess did not want to see the other's pain at the topic of her wretched mother, but it was impossible to pretend it was not there. There was no way that she could blame Firefly, either. Tokyo had brought many pain, but taking someone's pups away from them before they could even see their mother's face was worse than simply hurting someone. It was not worse than murdering her own children in cold blood, but that was a different level of disgusting for her mother. "I have tried," she said simply, though perhaps she had not tried hard enough. Princess would not change her name; it was a part of her. But yet, she had not cut all ties with her mother... She kept going back for the abuse, either by actually going to see Tokyo or by thinking about her. She didn't know if she would ever be free of her wicked grasp.

A sound of disgust was inevitable at Firefly's description of the puppy. It was bad enough to know that there was only one, as Princess knew Tokyo had been carrying more than that during her pregnancy. Whether or not it was true, Princess was going to believe that Tokyo had murdered the others for one reason or another. If King looked like Haku, perhaps the others had not looked the way that their monster of a mother had wanted them to. Perhaps, she mused, not quite sure whether or not she was a bit afraid of the idea, the rest of them had shared Princess' appearance. It did not matter what the puppies looked like, though, for Princess was certain that Tokyo and Haku would vitiate them all the same, turning them into monsters like themselves. It was such a sad thought. "I hate her. I want to hurt her like she's hurt me so many times, but I don't know how. I don't know if... I can," she said, forcing out the words like they were poisonous barbs stuck to her tongue.

[/html]
Firefly had been fingering the puckered scar along her arm as the younger woman spoke. A light smile appearing on her lips as she raised a brow before speaking softly. "He wasn't always like that you know though.." She knew that she should leave the story telling to Haven but it had taken the young man a while to find himself after learning the truth of his father. She wasn't even for certain why his mothers hadn't told him the truth but it had made itself known in time. She turned her face towards the distant lands where Haven had once lived as she thought about the troubled time in his past.

In her own musings she had missed the look that had crossed the young woman's face but it was probably for the best. Their paws taking them across the packlands and towards the pastures where the horses grazed. Firefly pointed towards the fields as she spoke lightly. "Many of the pack keep horses here. Haven, Heath, Jac and myself all. There may be more claimed by others but I haven't met them yet." She could seem Djinn's speckled pelt from across the field as she smiled. The horse was as strongwilled and bullheaded as she was but they'd come a long ways in their pairing. She was trying her hardest to keep the conversation nice but the knowledge that Princess had been saddled with Tokyo as her mother was bitter on her tongue.

She finaly dropped her hand and sighed as she turned her bright eyes back to the woman. "Perhaps you haven't tried hard enough.." she said softly. Her own children had been claimed by the Dahlian's and she would not be saddened to see one of their own taken from them, expecially Tokyo's own son. When the bitter words bled from Princess' tongue Firefly smiled cruely as she glanced towards the younger woman. "You're not the only one who's been hurt by her.. perhaps where your strengths fail mine will linger one." She wasn't sure if Princess would even be able to go the distance but a plan was forming in her mind and she knew that her own pack would hold the borders if she was able to rip the puppy from the grasp of the parents if Princess' own wasn't able to. She flicked her eyes towards the distant lands where Tokyo stayed as she asked. "Do you think anyone would hold it against you if the child was removed from your mother?" Firefly didn't care if anyone held it against herself, but she didn't want to know that she could get the other in trouble if she agreed to come along for the kidnapping.