Answer to My Prayers
◦Character Name: Yumiko Tsume
◦Character Birthdate (including year): January 4th, 2008
◦Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci Ortus
◦Species: Canis Lupus Ortus
◦Gender: Female
◦A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): N/A
◦How you found 'Souls: I Googled it and found it on a site called Top 50 Wolf RPGs. You were #1 Smile

Yumiko sniffed the bush cautiously, her sensitive nose picking up all the subtleties hidden around her in her Lupus form. She had been trying her best not to attract attention, and her most basic form allowed most wolves to slip their eyes right past here without a question. If she was walking around in her Optime form any normal wildlife would give word on her every movement for miles.

She had been noticing an increase in markings for the past mile or so, and Yumiko realized that she had entered another packs' lands. She grinned, her tail wagging slowly and her ears perked up. Good thing no wolves are around, or they'd think I'm being dominant. It's just a smile! Learn what it means! She thought, causing her grin to grow even wider.

Yumiko paused as she passed a claw mark halfway up the side of an oak tree. "How unusual... it's like a bear attacked the tree or something. But why?..." Her heart leaped and her breath caught; could it be? More wolves like... like her?

Yumiko ran ahead to where the moonlight shone brightest, showing a clearing dotted with wildflowers and surrounded by magnificent oaks and maples. She skidded to a stop, her lithe form dancing with excitment. After all this time, she could be with others!

Not even considering that her Optime form might be more appropriate, Yumiko stomped the grass around her in a circle until smooth and sat down in the middle. She would wait for days if she had to, she just couldn't pass up the chance. But one thing needed to be done, of course. Yumiko hurriedly licked her pale fur down, cleaning off briars and a smudge of dirt from her chest. Best be presentable. "Come on guys, I'm counting on you. I'm sick of normal, boring old wolves. I wait my family ba-"

Her breath caught in her throat yet again. Why did she think about that... that tragedy. She was so close to being happy for the first time in weeks, after all that depression, loneliness and wandering. She couldn't ruin her only chance. Not now. She owed it to her kin, after all.

With a resigned shake of her head and a firming of her jaw, Yumiko stood at attention, eyes peering out into the trees, and waited for the answer to her prayers.

OOC: Hello, I'm new here but have RPGed before on wolf sites... though none NEARLY this intracite. Should be interesting Smile
WC: 329
[html]

Hi, welcome! And, wow, I can't believe we were #1 on that list — that's awesome! Big Grin
Word Count: 490

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

The Chief had done little but patrol and hunt for himself the past moons, and mostly for reasons that he did not want to think about. But today he walked along one of the many paths that webbed their land, wearing a wide smile. The return of both his daughter and a dear friend in just days had lifted his moods beyond what he thought was possible. Now he knew that he was not alone in his tribe anymore, for both Asha and Nayati knew the traditions and workings of this tribe, was part of them in mind and body. He could rely on them, and while he knew he could also always rely on Ember, it was different. She lacked much of the knowledge that they had, and though she also had some knowledge that they lacked, it was not the same. Also, it calmed the the Kalona that he knew he had someone more competent than himself when it came to hunting and leading hunts. Nayati was also far more skilled with a bow than he; it felt like a fresh breeze to know that some of his duties would now fall onto his friend instead of himself.

His two legs, colored by the autumn in rust and copper and gray, carried him swiftly along. His legs were long and strong, though the male looked lanky. His species was smaller than the average gray wolf, but he stood as high as one of them — tall for a red wolf. His feathered mane danced as he lifted his muzzle and his nostrils moved, picking up a scent he had not smelled before. He slowed his pace for a few moments while he tried to determine the direction which it was coming from, but as soon as he concluded that it was indeed further along the borders, he continued on along the fences that marked the end of AniWaya and the beginning of unclaimed lands. Soon, he cleared the smaller vegetation and entered the plains, quickly spotting a stranger on the ground. He quickly concluded that it was a female, and he moved closer to her with an arm raised in greeting until he was close enough for conversation. War raged on in the north, and though Dawali was often a trusting person, he took a defensive stance now. Slightly dominating, he studied the female before speaking. She carried no scent from the packs at war, but being cautious had never harmed anyone. Still, when he spoke, his voice was pleasurable enough, and a small and polite smile rested on his lips. "Greetings. My name is Dawali, and I am the Chief of the tribe whose lands you are in." He asked her no questions; he believed she would understand that he wanted information from her without having to be so blunt. His gaze tried to focus on hers as he stood idly in front of her, awaiting a response.

[/html]
WC: 572

The young she-wolf had been waiting for nearly 2 hours, nearing the early hours of the morning, and had grown weary. Just as she thought her suspicions were wrong, that there could be no wolves or Luperci that governed the land, a new yet familiar scent wafted on the breeze towards her. Yumiko's head lifted, her neck stretching to find the source of the scent. She smelled.... a male, dominance yet kindness, importance and... yes! She had found a Luperci! After so long, she was no longer alone.

Tail wagging with excitment she spotted a tall, 2-legged male, impressive with his rust-red fur and tribal feathers around his face. She knew that who had come to greet her was quite superior to her in ranking, and she immediately paused her tail and lowered her head. She wanted to make a good first impression and couldn't afford to make any mistakes.

Yumiko saw the male raise an arm in greeting, and figured that rank allowed her the right to give a short howl in greeting. After all, in her current form she had no arms to raise. The male neared her and paused a few feet from where she sat submissively, his stance defensive and his ears/tail radiating dominance. She noticed that his eyes were kind and had a calming affect, which helped to slow her heart from it's frantic, nervous leaping. She glanced up at his eyes, nervous but confident in her own abilities. The male spoke, "Greetings. My name is Dawali, and I am Chief of the tribe whose lands you are in."

Eyes crinkling up in delight, Yumiko responded. "Greetings, Chief Dawali. I am Yumiko Tsuda and I am looking for a home. Your lands are large and plentiful, what little I have seen, and I wish to join you and your tribe." Her head lowered once more, eyes focusing on memories long passed. "I had a home, once, but it was taken from me. My sibling and parents were slaughtered and there was nothing I could do." Becoming sure once more, pushing aside her painful memories, Yumiko knew that she must convince the Chief that she was worthy of his tribe.

"Let's be honest; you don't know me. I may be small, but I am a skilled healer, as my mother taught me, and I am swift and agile. My pale fur makes me useful in sandy places for sneaking about, if you have need of some sort of spy. Also, I am young; only 2 years old. I have room for knowledge and truely want to learn. My father was once good with a bow, although he didn't have the cha.... he never taught me. I think I may have talent for the skill." With a deep breath, Yumiko steeled herself. "Please, ask me anything you need to know. I want this, and I know I can be of use to you. I don't care about the position, I can be molded into anything that you need."

She didn't add that she had nowhere else to go, that if she was turned away here she was giving up, becoming a loner and leaving these lands that had cursed her with her family's death. No more would she be followed by the cloud of despair that it brought. Either she would leave the cloud behind, or being wanted would chase it away. Her sanity was in this man's hands.

OOC: No pressure, or anything Smile Also, 2 random questions, while I'm here. How can I change my username, at least how it's shown on the boards; I want to add her last name. Also, I can have a blondish wolf, right? I mean, it's a natural-enough colour. Her markings are cream and brown. Just wondering.
[html]

You can change your username by posting in the Maintenance thread (In the Roleplay Related subforum) asking to include your surname. Adding a surname is an acceptible reason for an account name change Smile And yes, your wolf can be blonde! It's a normal hue in wolves. The rules for pelt color is just to prevent someone from joining with a shiny, lime-colored wolf Wink

Sorry about the length, we've recently had a competition about post lengths and I'm a bit stuck in that pattern still. There's no need to match it unless you want to Smile
Word Count: 673

She made a short howl in response as he approached her, and though Dawali was not used to this, he knew that it was certainly not unconventional. Walking closer, he spoke and watched her as she took a submissive stance. Another thing he was not used to, for it was harder for a luperci in the shifted form to signalize these things clearly, than on four legs. And since most that lived here stayed shifted, this was what he was used to. But in this situation, he appreciated her efforts, for in times of war he was more suspicious, and needed more convincing to lend his trust to someone he did not know. He nodded as she gave him her name and goal. He had already guessed her purpose, but he could have been wrong. The possibility that she was sent from the north but had masked her scent through a long time of staying away from her pack was there, but given her nervousness and stance he did not think so. He thought this one was honest. She gave him a snippet of her history, too, and he offered a brief face that displayed sympathy. No child should have to experience such things; his own family had suffered a similar loss, though not quite as violently, and so the Chief could relate to a certain extent. His daughter Aiyanna never did like to speak about her mother.

He was about to ask her about details on skills and the like when she continued speaking, almost reading his mind. The common conversation in this situation would be to ask for just the thing she now told him, and he would not interrupt her just to be unpleasant. He was not one of those leaders who demanded absolute submissions and speak-when-spoken-to behavior; it undermined the individual and their possibility to thrive, and he did not appreciate it. He had had a Chief like that once, before Ayegali's time, and he had not liked it at all. Listening, nodding sometimes to signalize that he was paying attention, his ears moved a little now and then as they took in the words that rained on him. She gave a tale, and Dawali thought for a moment that perhaps she was nervous, though she did not look overly so. Some spoke a lot when nervous, him included. The Chief waited until she was finished speaking and a little longer to make sure she actually was finished; he did not want to interrupt her. With her final sentences she gave away how intent she was to get a home here, almost begging and almost telling him to take her in. He liked that, in a way, and he wanted to ease her nervousness. Smiling politely again, he eased some of his defensive stance into a more neutral one. Even the times when his stance was completely neutral, people percieved him as dominant due to his height and his crown of feathers. This was something he could not do anything about, but his arms and legs relaxed a little, and his tail was lowered into a more comfortable position.

"Your skills are useful, and not unlike my own." She was young, she said. Two years was almost the average age of the tribe; it brimmed with young wolves, and he stood out like the only old one. Well, not old, but certainly older than them. And Tayui of course, though he did not always speak as much with her as he had before. "We will not try to change you here, but we can certainly teach you further in all of your abilities." She had already provided him information, but he still felt a need to ask her about something. "Tell me, where do you come from? The south?" Better safe than sorry, and if she did not know about the conflict, then she would not understand that his question was more than small-talk. If she convinced him, she could stay with them. It was up to her, then.

[/html]
WC: 659

As she finished, Yumiko noticed how the Chief smiled politely and allowed his body to relax into a more neutral position. This enouraged her greatly; if she had done something horribly wrong, then surely he would not becoming more trusting of her. Inwardly overjoyed at this slight success, she straightened up slightly and had the nerve to look him in the eye. Her eyes were full of hope and emotion, softened by inner pain that she couldn't begin to describe. He looked kindly, but as though there was something else on his mind. Was something wrong with his, or another's, pack perhaps?

She thought he seemed like a good leader. He was considerate and did not inturrupt her once, but still proved he was listening intently. He gave off an aura of natural dominance, much like her own of natural innocence, but his personality was not agressive. He would lead his people well, keeping them safe and happy while still being firm in his judgements. After a pause and her thoughts concluded, she smiled warmly back at the man; she couldn't help it, it was quite contagious. The thought that perhaps she had been too foward, talked to long about things that he didn't need to know, crossed her mind. It was quickly buried beneath more pleasurable thoughts. She would not allow herself to bring any more despair upon herself. Not when everything was going so well.

Yumiko shifted at the mild praise, and her tail beat against the ground for a moment. She was pleased as originally she had not meant to spill so much of her abilities or seem like she was bragging; it just slipped out in her nervousness. And to be told that her skills were similar to her possible future-Chief. What an honour! She hoped her age would not be a hinderance to her acceptance. Perhaps this older male was looking for a wiser, more experienced wolf. She cursed herself inwardly. She should not have let it slip. Why was this only coming to her now?

She opened her mouth to thank Dawali but closed it quickly when he continued to speak. She was being too eager, and chastised herself immediately. What was she thinking? "We will not try to change you here, but we can certainly teach you further in all of your abilities." That was good. Although she had said it, she realised now that if they asked her to be some sort of assassin, she would have to leave. She could not do that to another, not after what she had seen. Now, where did she come from? Was the Chief just being polite, or did he have a reason to ask her? Yumiko had the sinking feeling that there was something she was missing and her ears drooped slightly, more in embarassment that anything else. "I do hail from the Southern Regions, but not from any place you may have heard of." She fidgeted a little, nervous again. "I have never had a pack or tribe before, I must admit. I was born in just my family. We lived near the sea, in a small cove called Bay of Tears. It was beautiful there...." And it was, with the shimmering ocean waters, white sand, plentiful forest right near the shore. They had lived in a seaside cave, free to move about without being found. Until 3 weeks ago, she had never known why they were alone, never heard about her parents' reasons for hiding. Her sister never knew a thing, yet she was still there...

Determined to keep a firm lip and to mourn properly later, Yumiko looked up at the Chief and smiled with her expressive eyes. "Thank you for listening to me yammer on; I don't usually talk this much. You're one of the first beings I've seen in weeks, let alone a Luperci. I always thought my family were the only ones, until I wandered up here."

((don't be hatin' the lime greenies Smile Thanks for the help. Last thing, to be a pain; she has a silver armlet thing, like a leg guard. Would that still fit her in all her changing forms, if it was fitted as a wolf? I have it as enchanted in her bio, at the moment, but I just realised that enchantments might/probably don't exist here. So yeah.))
[html]

An enchanted armlet doesn't belong in this world, unfortunately. While we do have some occurences of supernatural things like ghosts or spirits, that's where it stops here. Like clothing, the armlet would not change size or adapt to form, nor would it magically appear in only one form. So you'd just have to decide which form you want it to fit, I'm afraid Sad

I kept the post short just to finish the thread quickly :] I've requested you titled

He nodded politely as she replied, feathered mane dancing just a little with the movements of his head. The femme gave more information than she was asked, but the Vhief so no problem with this. If anything, it helped him reach a decision: her added information made sense with her previous tale, and he was not as reluctant to believe her now. worry that she might be from the north, despite his tribe's neutral position, had now simply disappeared. The polite smile lingered on his face, a sign to help ease her nervousness. Once she was finished he nodded more firmly again, and spoke quietly. "I see." Her gaze met his and he kept it for a second before continuing. His voice was powerful yet calm, and his hands made vague and random gestures as he spoke. "I think you will settle in nicely here, Yumiko." Smiling, he turned halfway, leaving his one side exposed to her, and the other in the direction he had come from. "If you want, you can follow me back to the village." The friendliness he displayed was unusual from the male in these later winter months, but the recent events seemed to have lifted his mood on a permanent basis. Back to his warmer self, Dawali had a small smile on his face. Spring-time was incoming.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[html]<style type="text/css">p{margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:40px;}</style>
http://i49.tinypic.com/122232d.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:500px;background-color:#C5B59B;text-align:justify;font-family:georgia;font-size:0.95em;line-height:1.4em;color:#233833;">

Yumiko grinned rather childishly, all her gleaming teeth showing. Accepted! Just what she was praying for. As the Chief turned to face where he had came from, she turned to look out at the pleasant lands. A gentle snow had begun to fall, but her fur kept her relatively warm and cosy. As a beach creature, she was born of the sun and heat, but at the moment nothing could dampen her spirits.
"I would be honoured to encompany you. You will not be displeased with me. I promise you that."
She laughed her sunshiney laugh, and realised that it was the first time she had done so in nearly a month.

Determined to keep her mouth shut and a firm lid on all but the happiest feelings, Yumiko got to her paws, shook out her mildly snow-covered mane, and trotted towards the village. There all her worries would be washed away, her wounds healed, and her life completed. She would work her way up through the ranks to become something worthwhile. Maybe she would become a healer, and... maybe even a mother, one day. Anything and everthing awaited her and she was overjoyed and saddened, for her family would not be around to see her accomplish any of those things. But she just knew, in her own way, that they were watching.

They would not let her down. She loved them too much to lose them now.

Exited Thread

[/html]