for you i even know i'd try to turn the tide
[html]

OOC: Backdated to Jan 16th if possible? How late am I? 300+

Jedidiah had settled in one of the caves, the entrance facing the border. He felt it was a safe enough place, allowing him to see where a possible attack might come from and sound an early alarm. He was realistic enough to understand that he would not win in a fight. In the days following his joining of the pack, he had kept to himself, a ritual of cleansing to be done. He fasted and prayed as the way was long, making penance to the Lord for any he would injure or kill. The coyote never tried to justify his actions, because that would truly lead nowhere. He would have to kill or be killed and he certainly had no intention of dying. However, the Lord Jesus Christ did not preach violence. He preached understanding and love, kinship and turning the other cheek, nothing like what Gabriel was talking about. He had not had time to ask the leader why exactly they were fighting, and he felt somewhat strange and meek to do it. Instead, he came out of his cave and thought about hunting. Kaena would be just as good for question answering, right?

Her scent was strong in the area and Jedidiah felt better for it. He could do something right, couldn't he? Following his nose, he traced her to one of the nearby caves. Looking around sheepishly, he hoped he wasn't intruding. Well, there was only one way to really find out, wasn't there? Excuse me? Is anyone there? Jedidiah sat down on his haunches. He felt weak. Physically, anyway. And he knew it was from lack of food. The winter would have chased out some game from the area, but hopefully there would be rabbits around. He knew he had to be positive, to stay hopeful. The Lord never let His followers starve.

[/html]
[html]

I'm late myself. ;_; 345

It had not taken her forever to adapt to the ways of the Luperci once she learned of her own gifts, and the hybrid woman was an avid shifter. She preferred her four-legged form within the clan's limits and for traveling, though generally once she reached her destination she was liable to shift to her four-legged form. Human objects were common in these areas, and the silver-furred coyote did not often pass up the chance to inspect items for their usefulness. She had some items of her own which she contemplated afternoon, her golden yellow eyes roving over them possessively. She was proud of her meager possessions; she had accumulated very few in her time here, but she protected them zealously all the same. A voice drew her away from her admiration with material wealth, and her head twisted around toward the cave entrance, followed quickly by her body as she made her way for the entrance.

One of the newer recruits to the clan sat there awaiting her presence, and she gave him a somewhat stiff nod, her scarred features remaining muted as far as emotions went. The hybrid did not know this canine beyond his admiration for Gabriel, though she did not think her tawny-furred son would have allowed just anyone into the clan anymore—these were harsh times, and opening their borders to soft-hearted canines, wolf sympathizers (here she thought of Vitium), and other such uselessness was coquetry with preemptive defeat. “Hello, Jedidiah,” she said, pausing at the entrance to her cave. Vieira was resting at the moment, and she wasn't entirely certain she could trust Jed to be quiet enough and allow the other canine her rest—still, his reserved nature earned him points in that area, and she motioned for him to come in, figuring they could remain near the entrance and speak quietly. “Keep your voice down. Vieira is resting,” she said matter-of-factly. Questions about Viei inevitably led to odd looks, and Kaena didn't want to derail the conversation by referring to her by anything other than her name.

<style>
.kae-apocalypse p {padding:0px 25px 0px 25px; text-indent:10px; margin:0px 0px 20px 0px;}
.kae-apocalypse b {color:#A61514;}
.kae-apocalypse {width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/endoftheworld.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:243px; padding-bottom:5px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF; word-spacing:1pt; line-height:8pt; letter-spacing:.1pt; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #A61514;}
.kae-apocalypse-border {border:1px solid #000000; width:402px;}
</style>
[/html]