lift me up out of darkness.
[html]

Harrow Road okay? :3

The silver-furred canine was on the edge of Harrow Road, perched on the remains of a rusted out car. There was little left of it than the steel skeleton, which was showing clear signs of decay for having been in the elements so long—instead of an irony silver, it was more or less a dull reddish orange. There were no spots of gray left at all, and the silver-furred hybrid had heard it groan and creak beneath her weight. She was not so carefree as to simply perch on the roof; she didn't trust it to hold even her weight. Instead, she was on the hood, pointed toward the border. The silver-furred canine had already looped the western border twice, and in the snow it was not quite easy going. She desired to rest for a moment before she continued vigilance along the perimeter. It would do her no good to find someone attempting to trespass and be too exhausted to do anything about it.

The hybrid's thoughts were on war, as they always seemed to be these days. It occurred to her that Haku would not be satisfied with coquetry like sending three of his warriors after the borders. He would be after them in no time—it did not seem to be his style to lay back and wait for his enemies. He wanted destruction, and he would not stop until all of Inferni had felt his wrath. All things considered, perhaps his attack on her had been more of a warning than anything else. It hurt to think of it in such terms, but perhaps that was all it was—the silver-furred coyote ought to have died that night, but she'd made a trade-off, one she was regretting. It was good to walk away with her life, but she should have never been forced into that choice n the first place.

Word Count: 315
<style>
.kae-nothing p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.kae-nothing b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.kae-nothing-words { border-top:1px solid #000000; width: 400px; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; margin:10px 0px 0px 0px; text-transform:uppercase; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.kae-nothing-separator {text-align:center; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px;}
.kae-nothing-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.kae-nothing {background-color:#373e41; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/raze1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 341px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.6px; text-align:justify;">

I am sorry for not knowing this existed! D:/

If it didn't bother him, why was he still dwindling on it? Razekiel was well aware what had happened to the alphas of Juniper Peace and how he'd been involved in it; he remembered the feeling, the beautiful shade of their scarlet blood, the way they'd gone limp so quickly and hadn't even known to put up a fight. They were earthlovers, all of them, and so was he. If anyone, they were the killers: their stain on the glorious Mother Earth had been plenty of reason for their removal. Against her beauty, wolves like those alphas had been nothing more than rot or mold, and Razekiel had been good to remove them like he did his youngest daughter. Hell if he'd let her grow up looking like a wolf, too.

So why was he still dwindling on it? No, the alphas were long dead, and Juniper Peace was long behind him. It was that wolf, that stranger that had attacked him along Inferni's borders some time back. It had been weeks, in fact, and yet his chest still swelled with a caustic mixture of pride and resentment; his conscience was screaming, telling him he'd been so terribly wrong in what had happened. How could it? He'd removed another stain of a wolf from the beautiful earth. Oh, and he'd defended his mother's honor, too! The war was raging, but he was a peaceful and loving coyote. He'd killed out of love, not for war!

Where was he going? The coyote's feet kept moving, but his head twirled like a beautiful girl in a sundress beneath an open sky! The joint at the end of his lips bobbed up and down loosely with every step as if it would topple out at any given second -- really, it was a miracle it hadn't yet. The smoke clouded his eyes, his ears, his nose, and a stupid smile sat on his face. From time to time he would stop to inspect the bark of a tree, lean down to push pointlessly at the dirt, or veer off the path to walk over a rock that had oddly caught his attention. And all the while he pondered these things of war and peace and love, and next thing he knew his mother was there. Oh! "Ahh, my sunshine, you are beautiful," he murmured, sauntering a wobbly gait towards her precarious position. He tapped at the rusting metal of the car and grinned childishly -- oh, the sound! The tinny sound of the metal! "My mother, my sunshine, the clouds are in your eyes today, love," Razekiel mumbled on, having not even glanced at her eyes. Perhaps it was a son's high-as-a-kite instincts that knew she was troubled.

<style type="text/css">
.raze-reflections b{font-weight:bold; color:#6F536A; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.raze-reflections p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 15px 15px 15px; margin:0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 335 — and I'm sorry for failing to tell you it existed. ._. We both are made of fail, hee. Tongue

The silver-furred coyote had felt as if she had contributed little to the warring efforts save her border vigilance; the hybrid woman had done no fighting yet, she had not even shed blood in the name of Inferni. Such a thing was strange for Kaena, who thrived on bloodlust and bloodshed, perhaps moreso than most of Inferni combined (excluding Hybrid of course, whose bloodthirsty nature matched her own). The time would come, though—sooner or later, the monochrome hybrid's burning fury would be felt by the Dahlian wolves; they would hear the snapping of her jaws and feel the tearing of flesh, and they would hit the ground dead before they knew what had hit them. In these particularly quiet moments, the silver-furred woman desired nothing more than for a hapless, idiot Dahlian to come sauntering across the borders, so secure in his confidence and skill, so certain he was right. Any of them would have done.

Remaining still, the hybrid's ears caught the sounds of an approach from somewhere behind her; twisting her head about to see who it was, the coyote actually smiled as she saw Razekiel meandering over, the caustic smoke ever flowing into and out of his lungs. His voice and compliments drifted over to the hybrid's sable-furred ears, and at the compliment she offered him a smile again, hopping down from the hood of the car to approach her son, shoving her muzzle into his hand in an almost dog-like manner. “The clouds are hanging over us all, I think,” she lamented, drawing her head back and away from him, settling to her haunches. The disparity of form rarely bothered Kaena; she was as used to interacting with an Optime in her Lupus form as she was the other way around. “I think my day just got a bit brighter, though,” the hybrid said, smiling, still looking at her son. She was still marveling at his return, too glad the russet-masked youth had come back, a different man or not.

<style>
.kae-razor b {color:#56275E; font-weight:bold; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; }
.kae-razor p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.kae-razor {font-family:trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 134px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_razor.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/raze1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 341px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.6px; text-align:justify;">

The smile on his face stretched, the boy unafraid and unshamed before his mother. There had never been a tension between them, if he remembered right -- he could recall her being worried about Samael when they were young, and then there was that time with Ahemait, but that hadn't been his sister's fault. Razekiel hadn't been a momma's boy, nor had he been the most acceptable or responsible child either, but he'd made do. For one reason or another he always felt doted on even if just a little... perhaps it was because he resembled more than the others, or that he'd somehow turned out better than they. At least, he thought so -- being constantly high and in love with the world seemed more positive than Samael's tendencies to be dark and horrid. Though, Kaena always had been a bit of a moodswinger.

"Hoooo, I don't think my clouds are your clouds, sister," he grinned, still wobbly on his knees. The coyote eventually hobbled over and attempted to climb up beside her, only to scratch and tap uselessly at the tin before he slipped, twirled around backwards. Out of control, the coyote eventually toppled to his ass -- and burst out into hearty, giddy laughter. "Oh, my sunshine, you are the brightest thing always in my days," Razekiel gurgled, torso and shoulders rotating around dizzily even when he was sitting. "What's got you down, man? Ahaha, and I got plenty of goodies to fix it, love!"

<style type="text/css">
.raze-reflections b{font-weight:bold; color:#6F536A; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.raze-reflections p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 15px 15px 15px; margin:0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Family was, of course, the silver-furred hybrid's greatest joy. She loved her family deeply, and she only wished she had realized this earlier. Kerberos might still have stuck around, Maeryn might even still be alive—she would have a better relationship with all of her children if she had not failed so horribly as a mother. Then again, here was this positive, peaceful creature—and though the silver-furred hybrid could not admire those traits within Razekiel, she could at least see he was far happier, far more balanced than Samael. After all, Razekiel had never confessed his love extended far beyond the range of "normal" where mothers and sons were concerned, and the silver-furred hybrid hoped he did not harbor that within him. It was more than enough coming from one son.

“No, I think your clouds not as thick ... and they smell better, too,” she said, watching with mild amusement and worry on her face as he tumbled backwards. There was always the motherly instinct to hover about and coo and whine if he was alright, but Razekiel was far from a kid anymore, and he didn't need mama to kiss his boo-boos better anymore. At his singing, she laughed softly, shaking her head from side to side, though there was certainly no clear derision in her actions. There was but one child amongst her brood that had earned her dislike—Vitium. That was for obvious reasons, of course. She drew in a breath, averting her single eye away for just a moment. “The war, I guess. I don't know that it's so easy to fix, but it'd be nice to forget for a while,” she said, her golden-yellow eye drawing back toward him.

Table thanks to Shae!
<style>
.kae-giftshae p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 10px; margin:0px; }
.kae-giftshae b{color:#5C4033;font-family:georgia;font-size:12px;letter-spacing:-1px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... lowers.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Sorry we weren't able to do a spree last night! It ended up being a pretty bad night for me. I'm still up for it if you are though. Big Grin

He giggled sweetly at her first reply. The smell that wafted from the half-brained prince was particularly enjoyable to he and the coyote had little interest in how others felt about it, but if it pleasured his mother than he had no complaints. Grinning ear to ear, he was pleased that he could bring a smile to her beautiful face and music to her voice, however brief they lasted before she returned to talk of war. Oh, how he didn't want to hear about it, especially from his mother: She had been through plenty already, but the fact that the war still uselessly raged was more depressing. "Sunshine, I have just the thing, yeah? Nobody likes war, you know. Mother Earth just wants us to love each other, man. She can bring sunshine to your cloudy days if you listen to her. Love and peace, you know? That's what it's all about, man." His tail wagged, smiling stupidly up at her from his place in the dirt.

Next, he twisted and dug deep into the leather knapsack over his hip, rummaging around in it with tongue protruding between pearly teeth and fangs. Razekiel presented a hearty bottle of vodka to her, clasped at its neck in his fingers, and with his other hand a lighter and small bag of who-knows-what. "I got the goods if you got the mood, man. We can get all grooooovy and say goodbye to blood n' war for a little bit, yeah? Oh, sunshine, I hate to see those clouds before your eyes."

[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 420 — Lol at wordcount and I should be around for most of tomorrow? Big Grin

The cloud-colored coyote had missed out on her wild and crazy teenage years; they were filled with stress and strife, and she had skipped out on childhood and adolescence almost entirely. Even so, she was not entirely unfamiliar with substances such as the one Razekiel seemed to be so fond of—she had never been a huge fan of anything that altered one's consciousness, but the desire to draw herself from the muck and at least temporarily forget what had happened to her. Razekiel seemed more concerned with the grand scheme, but Kaena could not forget the injustices that had been personally inflicted on her. Wolfkind had not been good to the silver-furred hybrid, and it was not so easy for Kaena to forget a grudge. “For such a lover, Mother Earth sure makes awful canines,” the coyote said, though it held no derisive tone to what Razekiel said. It was a lamentation and an observation, rather, and the coyote woman could not help it; what kindly god or goddess or mother would place a being such as Haku, such as Salvaged on this earth? Well, for the latter of that pair, she had herself to thank; she had created that particular monster.

The russet-masked man spoke again after he'd delved into his bag of tricks, offering up a bottle and a tiny bag of what might have been marijuana. Kae couldn't tell without smelling; a quick inhale proved her suspicion correct. Her golden-yellow eye drew up to her son's face, looking at him as if she expected the offer to be rescinded at any moment. Gabriel probably didn't approve of such things; he would look down on her for even using them. Then again, even stern-faced Gabriel was a partier sometime or another; the silver-furred woman knew that firsthand, and so did Razekiel—assuming he remembered Halloween night. It was a vague memory for her, hazy and nonexistant after the fires were actually lit, but she knew Gabe had been there at least. “I would like that a lot. Can you... make it smoke-able?” she asked, having no idea how to ask him to roll it into a joint or pack it into a bowl for her. She had no idea how to do these things—others had always either done it for her. She was not quite so interested in the alcohol, as she'd been trying to keep away from it since her month-long binge, but if Razekiel had brought it especially for her, she would not refuse.

<style>
.kae-razor b {color:#56275E; font-weight:bold; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; }
.kae-razor p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.kae-razor {font-family:trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 134px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_razor.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... lowers.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Today is my busy day at school, unfortunately. @_@ Tonight after 7 I'll be around though. Big Grin

His ears twitched at her words, and while he was so eager to argue, he did not. To the coyote, all of Mother Earth's creations were beautiful and alive, even worth protecting. As far as he was concerned, everyone had their bad days; he didn't consider the day he took down the Dahlian scum as either good or bad or simply neutral, as if he had no opinion on it at all. Was it good that he had killed? Well... maybe. It was a wolf, after all, and Mother Earth had surely never meant to make those. She'd told him in the faintest of her summer and winter breaths to cleanse her of that sin and scum, and he acted only as he was told.

When she requested he roll it, the boy obediently did so. Performing the task patiently on his lap, his cigarette poked out the side of his mouth, and for a while he said nothing.
"The Great Mother makes her children, but doesn't control them," he said finally, after some thought.
"We've all made mistakes, man. I know things you've done, sunshine. You are my mother just the same." That said, the coyote raised his hand to offer her the successfully finished joint, a lighter between the same fingers.

"We are not all so lucky," Razekiel admitted, a sad smile returning to his face.

[/html]
[html]

Big Grin

The silver-furred coyote could easily see her creations as beautiful—she accepted all of her children, regardless of how much she disagreed with them. Rikka, for example, would not seek vengeance against Haku for what he had done. It was on her family to do that for her, but perhaps if Rikka had not been so greviously injured, the golden-furred woman would have spoke against her family avenging her. Then again, a strike against Haku wouldn't be just for Rikka's sake, either. The hybrid watched with interest as her son twisted around the papers, his fingers moving at a pace she could not follow. It was hopeless—she would always have to rely on others to do these things for her.

“I can understand that. She can't control us any more than I can control you or Gabriel,” the coyote said. Maybe Haku wasn't rotten to the core—maybe he'd started out as a beautiful flower and withered and rotted into his current state? Such a thought struck her like a blow, and she slithered down from her perch to sit next to Razekiel, drawing herself close to him. Though it had been strange to see him in such a different light, with such a different attitude, the hybrid now found it comforting. He radiated good feelings, and he was always full of spacey and delightful comments. “Not at all. I'm so glad you came back,” she said, almost compulsively, brushing past the extended joint and lighter to wrap her arms around him, squeezing onto him. “You were gone so long,” she said, sounding mournful, though she did not resent the creature that the commune had returned to her in the least—at least he had come back! She was not about to spend the time she had with him now being mad at him for leaving in the first place; that was downright counterproductive.

An embarassed smile bloomed on her face and the coyote drew back, her eyes on the ground as she took the lighter and the joint. She almost felt as if she ought to apologize to him for grabbing him abruptly and going mushy-motherly on him. She didn't, though, and she turned her attention back to the lovely thing Razekiel had created for her. The silvery coyote flicked on the lighter with her deft optime fingers. She put the rolled thing in her mouth and lit it, and immediately aromatic and harsh smoke filled her mouth and lungs. She drew the joint back from her mouth and handed it over to Razekiel, hanging off for a moment before she exhaled, coughing immediately.

Word Count: 436
<style>
.kae-nothing p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.kae-nothing b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.kae-nothing-words { border-top:1px solid #000000; width: 400px; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; margin:10px 0px 0px 0px; text-transform:uppercase; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.kae-nothing-separator {text-align:center; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px;}
.kae-nothing-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.kae-nothing {background-color:#373e41; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Holy crap Razekiel just became cute.

All distaste he'd harbored was immediately released at that sudden touch, sudden swing of embrace she'd gifted him with. Dodging his hands offering what she'd requested, Kaena wrapped her arms around his thin, lanky body and held on tight. He wondered if the bumps he felt were ruffles in her clothing or hidden scars that lay beneath, and how many of them were there? The coyote had said he knew the things she'd done, but he was aware he probably had barely any knowledge at all. She was getting old, the oldest thing he knew to still be alive, other than the wind and the trees and the ground and the sea, and of course Mother Earth herself, but age didn't falter his mother's beauty in the least. As she drew close he picked up her smell over his own, breaking through the reek of drugs and the clouds in his mind alike.

She whispered sweet things, and when she finally broke away she wore the most humble and humililated of faces he'd seen her muster. He himself gazed back at her with big eyes and a regretful frown that might have resembled his worst puppy face of his childhood; Razekiel reached and scratched at his ear, darted his eyes elsewhere, and sagged his shoulders. He had been gone a long time -- and although he'd felt the call to return home all along, he had never realized that someone might have been missing him the whole time. He did not answer immediately, ears flipping back at her cough as she exhaled the caustic smoke, and for the first time he regretted having shared it with her. He was not sure why, but for some reason, all of a sudden Razekiel didn't want to know his mother was creeping herself closer to an end after he'd missed her for so long.

"It was a long time," he confirmed sheepishly, regretfully. The prince's straw eyes peered darkly at the ground, a single finger pushing idly at the dirt. After some time, he raised his eyes to her once more, and although no smile reached his face, his eyes were earnest. "You have been beautiful all along, mother mine. Perhaps I should never have gone." He swallowed a lump. "I would not be so different now, don't you think? I am not a Lykoi anymore."

<style type="text/css">
.razflowers b {font-weight:bold; color:#413037; letter-spacing:1px;}
.flowersooctext {font-style:italic; color:#674E58; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.razflowers p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.razflowers {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#FDFEF8; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... rtable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #413037; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#674E58; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Razekiel is always adorable. <3<3<3 (329)

Death would come for her eventually, one way or the other. The hybrid had avoided it thus far in life, dodging him at every single turn. He had been chasing her for as long as she could remember; when he came for her at last, there would be no stopping him. Kaena could not run from him forever, and she had gleaned plenty of spare time by her calculations. There was no hurry toward the end, though, and the hybrid woman would of course value the time she had left. Even so, it would seem there was a countdown on her head; the silver-furred coyote was ancient by most canine standards, and the cloud-colored woman had been alive a very, very long time—maybe fate was gunning for her now?

She grew contemplative when she smoked and smoked alone; alcohol plus anything simply made her loopy and dizzy, forgetful and happy—sometimes it was nice to be happy and sloppy, but other times it was good to think. The coyote had spent too much time pushing the hurt away; it was not going anywhere, and so she had to deal with it. Razekiel seemed almost apologetic, and as he spoke the scarred woman shook her head steadily, with more and more firmness as he continued. “I was gone a long time—so was Gabriel, too. Rikka, Corona—and think of all your brothers and sisters who are still away,” she said, shaking her head. There were so many of them—Molochai, Conway, Ahemait. Samael was gone now, too—his scent had long faded from the lands, and the hybrid woman could not find him anywhere. “Oh, Razekiel. You came back, that's all that matters. I loved who you were, I love you are—you are my son, and a Lykoi. No changing that,” she said, reaching out and stroking his straw-colored dreadlocks. He was hers, no doubt of it—his blood made it so.

<style>
.kae-disorder p {padding:0px 35px 10px 35px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.kae-disorder b {color:#ffffff;}
.kae-disorder {background-color:#40245F; padding-bottom:217px; padding-top:10px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_disorder.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:13px; color:#A376B4; letter-spacing:.1pt; word-spacing:1pt; line-height:14px; width:420px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

She was right. Razekiel knew the rumors that these lands brought back faces of the past almost as quickly as they disappeared, and he himself was proof of such a thing. Ahemait was long gone, having left even before he years ago, and still the black-furred coyote had reappeared before she. From his understanding, Samael had become known for dipping in and out as he pleased, always welcomed back with open arms. Natural, of course, for he was the prime example for all the Lykoi, and just briefly Razekiel felt envy brush past. He wanted to be seen so blessedly in his mother's eyes, but never for the same reasons as Samael.

Rikka, Corona. Razekiel had not seen either of them save a few glances at the clan's gatherings, but to his knowledge they were both home at the time. Of course, the hippie had never really gotten to know them, and so they both were little more to him than names. She touched at his face and all was forgotten, the boy breaking into a sweet smile and his tail raising and wagging. A question nagged at the back of his mind, however, and finally he brought forth courage to bring it up. "Where did you go, sunshine?"

<style type="text/css">
.flowersooctext {font-style:italic; color:#674E58; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.razflowers {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#FDFEF8; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... rtable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #413037; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#674E58; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

I am really dumb type tired right now and possibly misinterpreting Razekiel's question entirely. I think he meant... literally where she went, but you might have meant figuratively where her happy has gone lately? D: IDK but I thought it was safer to go with the other one. We will also pretend that is why this post is short in case I have to rewrite it. XD

In Character

The coyote woman herself regretted what had drawn her away from Inferni; for so long she had thought of Eris as a lost child, no more valuable than Andrezej or Vitium, the betrayers of the blood. It was fine for Razekiel and Rikka to lack the violent qualities some of their other families had in the light of those who stood against their family outright, causing harm or rejecting them. Razekiel still loved his family, the silver-furred woman could see that plainly, and in the end, that was what truly mattered. The grizzled coyote drew in a breath softly, her yellow-golden eye on the other man. “It was when Astaroth came back to take Eris. When I chased him, we fought. I only barely won and walked away with my life,” the coyote said softly. “I think it was shame that kept me away so long. Maybe I was afraid of what I'd find on coming back, too,” she said, frowning. It wasn't often she shared parts of herself so readily, but it almost seemed different with Razekiel—they had always been close, and the time and distance had done nothing to lessen that relationship. Maybe it had always been like this between them, but her perception of him had been different—then, she thought he was destined for evil, then, she'd believed his father's lies.

<style>
.kae-funeral p { text-indent:25px; padding:0px 40px 0px 40px; margin:0px 0px 20px 0px; }
.kae-funeral b { color:#A4F62D }
.kae-funeral { background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/ ... header.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #577104; width:446px; padding:166px 0px 1px 0px; text-align:justify; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e4f7c9; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:1pt; line-height:12px; }
.kae-funeral-text {font-family:georgia; font-size:11pt; color:#A4F62D; word-spacing:-.5pt; letter-spacing:0px; font-weight:bold; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; margin:0px 40px 0px 40px; border-bottom:1px dotted #CCFF00; width:366px; line-height:18px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Nope, you were right. I don't mind short posts!

Razekiel vaguely recognized the names she mentioned, their sounds familiar only because they had been spoken of not long ago in past conversations with the Lykoi matriarch. Astaroth--yes, that was his father, but the name was faceless, as the two had never met. For reasons unknown he had been absent for Razekiel and his siblings' childhoods, and although Kaena had taken the time to explain why, the coyote realized he'd never truly listened. Perhaps he'd just never been interested, or perhaps he just didn't want to know.

Poking a finger in his ear to lazily reach an itch within, the coyote smiled up at his mother and shrugged. "I came back here pretty quickly after my old dive, man. Didn't know what to expect... worst part was finding home burnt to cinders, man." He shuddered--he wouldn't forget the experience, realizing that his family, his friends, his home may have been lost forever. Razekiel was fortunate that it didn't end up being the case. His curiosity was struck, however, and after peering at the ear wax at the end of his finger, his straw eyes returned to her. "Who is Eris, sunshine?

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

484. WOOHOO I'm smart? XD And yay short posts. Big Grin

The silver-furred coyote smiled sadly, nodding her head—she always missed old Inferni, but perhaps not as bad as she could have. In the hybrid's mind, Inferni was still quite alive and well—this was a different place, but the clan was one and the same. “I didn't know what to think when I found that, either,” she said quietly. It had been days she'd spent on the old burned beach, barely subsisting off of fish and other sea creatures she managed to capture. Prey had long since vacated the dead and burned lands, and there were no land animals to be found there anymore, canines included. “At least Inferni didn't crumble like the other packs,” she mused. This was also a clear source of pride for the silver-furred coyote—while Storm, Clouded Tears, and Jaded Shadows had shattered, Inferni alone had risen from the smoke and flame.

The question almost surprised her, and she remembered how long Razekiel had been gone. He would not remember Eris; he would not even know her name, obviously—she smiled again, though this time it was a happier one. It was always good to learn of family. “Your half-sister. I had her, Andrezej, Rachias, and Arkham in the summer... three years ago, now?” she said, sounding unsure of the date. Kaena knew the truth about Eris's paternity, but she wasn't quite sure if she wanted to share that just yet—the silver-furred hybrid had yet to reveal that mystery to anyone, though she was certain some suspected Eris was not the child of Laruku Tears as Kaena had passed her off to be. “Eris lives in a place called Eterne now, where Astaroth was from. She sent Vieira up here, and... I didn't know what to think before that, before she sent Vieira. She left me for dead, after I fought Astaroth,” the hybrid admitted, fidgeting. “But Vieira came with an apology from her... so...” she said, trailing off, shrugging a coal-dusted shoulder. She didn't know what to think of Eris anymore.

It occurred to the hybrid that Razekiel wouldn't know who Vieira was, either—not unless he'd happened to meet her wandering about. As the girl had been keeping almost exclusively to the silvery coyote's cave, the woman doubted that had happened. “Vieira would be your half-sister, too,” the coyote said, though she added quickly, as an afterthought: “But she isn't mine. She'd know more about Astaroth than I would.” Cotl had been confused by Vieira's relationship to Kae—and in truth, there was no relationship there, not by blood anyway—if anything, Vieira was simply an afterthought, an extension to the true Lykoi family. The silvery hybrid wasn't certain what to think of the young woman's surname—Eris had bestowed it on her, and Kaena had no say in that matter. She wondered if she would have protested had she been available to do so.

<style type="text/css">
.kae-hellonearth b{font-weight:bold; color:#ABB6D2; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia,serif; font-size:11px;}
.kae-hellonearth p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kae-hellonearth {width:400px; background-color:#404F70; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_hellonearth1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px dotted #000000; padding: 190px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: 'palatino linotype', georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8D97B0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

random long post is long O_O

He was surprised to know Kaena had not been present for whatever monstrosity had burnt and destroyed the life and beauty of Mother Earth there. At just the thought, a cold chill slid down his spine and he made an unexplained face; had it been an accident? It had to be--what creature would want to destroy so much innocent beauty? What creature would be so heartless to endanger, let alone kill, so many innocent lives and ruin so many homes? Why would they want to ruin the history of those lands, now existing now only through blurred memories in his head?

Razekiel sighed, turning shallow straw eyes up at his mother. "Inferni is unstoppable, man, but do you know what demon did that?" The thought of that ravaged, lost land rang in his mind and tore at his heart. His stomach hurt suddenly and he pulled the joint out of his mouth, choosing instead to grip it in his fingers. "How many wars have we waged? How many lives have we taken?" His smile faded quickly, and his eyes stared off into nowhere. "We line our borders with skulls, man. One of those I took myself. I hoped nobody would notice, man." He shuddered at the thought. Why did he feel so guilty about taking that wolf's life? He had been so confident then, and that creature's bones had made wonderful weapons once he'd chiseled at them. Wasn't the Great Mother proud of him?--and if so, why did it feel like Kaena would not? "It turns out I am a Lykoi after all, sunshine," and there was a cracked, tragic smile on his face.

He listened to her story, though his mind wandered at times. It seemed the smoke's poison and trance was beginning to lift, and the coyote had not so much as glanced at the joint between his fingers for quite some time. He had a half-sister? This was news to he, but the lack of change on his face expressed a very mild, if at all, surprise. Razekiel's eyes glanced at his mother here and there, but wandered back into the distance in between. His ear twitched when she mentioned she had been left for dead, and while Razekiel immediately decided he did not care for this "Eris" sister she spoke of, he still made no mention of it. She did speak of a Vieira, however, and he vaguely recalled hearing the faceless name thrown about in recent times.

"Two half-sisters I didn't know about," he shrugged, surprisingly emotionless on the occasion. He paused, then scratched suddenly at his ear, snapping back to normal in an instant: Razekiel leaned back and grinned his greatest smile at his mother. "Sunshine, you look so beautiful today! The light of your eye is so brilliant, it could be the noontime sun itself!"

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

The fire had been a source of contemplation for Kaena, but she had not witnessed it herself; she did not know of the agony that had leapt forth from the flames. The silver-furred coyote might have been distraught had she known Arkham's disappearance was with the fire, even—but to Kaena, it was simply a source of pride. It had been the ultimate test. With the flames eating the land, the packs and Inferni had been put to the test, and only Inferni had passed. This hardly struck the hybrid as curious; there was no doubt in her mind it was merely an advantage over wolfkind that they had survived, nothing more. A more curious mind might have questioned why only the coyote clan had lived, why the fire had spread from the beaches across the land—but the silver-furred coyote was content to call it a test, one that Inferni had passed with flying colors.

“No. I don't think anyone does,” she replied, rolling her coal-dusted shoulders in a slow shrug. It was not a pressing issue to Kaena, really—she had lost nothing in the fire. “War is waged on us, too. More often than we wage war,” the coyote said gently, correcting him. They started it—petulant even in her mind. But the hybrid coyote was different, she did not like to walk away from a fight. She did not value life as Razekiel seemed to, though his next words surprised her, the good brow over her remaining eye drawing upward slightly. “It's war,” she said, quietly. “You kill to protect what you love,” the hybrid said. “Some are content to turn the other cheek, but not us.” In another lifetime, Kae might have praised him for killing, but she had changed. The years had done something to her, and now she was not so sure it was a good thing—the sadness reflected in the pale russet face of her son told her it was not a good thing Razekiel had killed.

His words indicated there was no reversion to his old self in him, though—he contemplated his siblings and the hybrid remained quiet, glad she did not have to entertain questions. Questions inevitably led to lies when it came to Eris—why was she so different from her siblings? Larger, wolfish, and her eyes! The unearthly shade of chartreuse yellow that was the perfect mix of Salvaged's color and her own. She was blasphemy; she had always been. She should not have existed. “It's you, you know,” she said, faking crossness—a rare moment of awkward playfulness from the hybrid. “Look at you, all a man and all grown up—and still so sweet to me,” she said, reaching out to squeeze at the younger canine's arm affectionately. “No wonder I have the moon in my eye, hm?” she said, grinning.

<style>
.kae-toothy p {padding:0px 25px 0px 25px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.kae-toothy b {color:#443B39; font-family:'trebuchet ms', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; }
.kae-toothy {width:400px; background-color:#AB9D94; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kaeteeth.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:210px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6F645C; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Hum, want to pull to a close? We could fade out.

Perhaps he had been wrong all along. Razekiel had always seen the rumors and reputation Inferni had as being its own fault, its punishment for the countless crimes its members had committed. He was well aware that Mother Earth was displeased with them and that she had never truly smiled on the fact that he had chosen to live with them again, and though it was not a striking rebellious side shining true, Razekiel knew where his priorities lie. They provided him with a safe place to sleep and the freedom to behave in the way he wished, however differing it was from the rest of the clan. They were not embarrassed by him; he was not told to hide away in shame for the sake of keeping the clan's reputation strong. On top of it all, Razekiel knew that--even with his peace-loving demeanor--his family would not stand to see him hurt regardless of it all, and knew there would be several to fight for his sake if the need ever arose. Inferni was a place of torrential war and violence, but it was his home. He had reasons to be there, and no desire not to be.

The coyote was mildly relieved to know the reasons for the fire's start was unknown. He breathed out a long sigh, surrendering to a calmed smile at its end. He didn't want his mother to have been involved, nor Inferni, nor his relatives. He didn't want to know that someone he might have known and loved caused so much destruction on purpose--ruined so much innocent nature and beauty for sheer hell of it--and he wasn't sure how he would react if he ever learned. "I'm glad, sunshine," he breathed, finally breathing from the joint. "I think maybe I could kill again if it was a someone and not a something, man. Burning down so much of the Great Mother's blessing--that's just not cool, man." He shook his head, and though he chuckled and smiled into that joint, his stomach twisted. Perhaps he had not been wholly kidding after all.

She hugged at his arm as she continued; he smiled sweetly, tail wagging like a child's without the slightest notice. "I'm just livin' life, man, just goin' with the flow," he grinned, rocking back and forth. "You don't need me to be beautiful, sunshine. You glow greater than the heavens with that smile, man." That said, Razekiel puffed from his joint once more and then pushed himself to his feet, taking the time to roll and stretch his shoulders. It was about time he returned home, wasn't it? It would grow cold soon with the fall of night, and the earth-lover would much enjoy the glow of his friendly, makeshift fireplace outside his tent. "What do you say to a pow-wow back at my camp, sunshine? You and me and the fire on our faces and all the smoke in the world, man. What do you say?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]