'cause i lost everything.
[html]

http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/rurik_bottledrage.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 245px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;">

Backdated a little... can we say January 30th, or would you prefer a little closer to nowish? :x

The silver-furred werewolf was pretty damn sure he knew where he wanted to end up. Cour des Miracles was so nice—Strelein especially. He had yet to meet anybody else of that batch, however, and he desired to branch out a little bit. The adventurous spirit wouldn't die so quickly within Rurik, and he knew there was one other neighbor to the city territory—Phoenix Valley. He had learned a little bit of these people from Jantus, and since then he had been almost hesitant to seek these wolves out. He didn't think they were a dangerous bunch—but from what Jantus had said, he definitely didn't want to get on anyone's bad side. So it was with caution that he approached Phoenix Valley, heading through Halifax as always.

The late afternoon walk was rather relaxing; the whole city seemed to have fallen into a state of quietus with the snowfall. It lay in drifts and piles along city streets; plows had long ceased driving through to clear them. Here and there, a path of footprints crossed Rurik's way, placed in the snow by some other creature. As he drew nearer to the pack's territory, the incidences of canid footprints grew higher, while other animals seemed to have grown wary. Of course, it was in their best interest—Rurik was certain these smaller animals did not want to made into a wintertime snack. Today, though, he wasn't interested in hunting—doing so close to pack territory was simply asking for trouble. One's actions could always be misinterpreted, after all. So it was just outside of the Valley territory's borders that Rurik stopped, standing awkwardly on the very edge of the city. Behind him in the distance, a few tall buildings reached toward the sky, but it had degraded to almost surburbia in these parts, with far more individual and duplex residences to offset the block-tower housing apartments.

<style type="text/css">
.rurik-bottledrage b{font-weight:bold; color:#BC2B26; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.liliya {color:#770501;font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.rurik-bottledrage p{text-indent:35px; padding:0px 15px 15px 15px; margin:0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc-Hahaha, I was just skimming stuff and was all, OH WOW THREAD FOR ME YEY. XD Ur, Jan 30thish is fine, I keep very liquid time anyway :-p. Lol, Cerridwyn still hasn't come to terms with houses yet, she's gonna be all WTF WHY THERE IS SO MANY ;.;. ...Okay, I'm going ic now >>.
word count: 513

-------------------------------------------------------------

An exasperated breath blew from the tri-color canine's lips as she kicked through the deep snow, beads in her mane rustling, finding nothing of importance. She didn't hate winter -- at least, she told herself that, in the interest of loving all things that Danu had created -- but she did much prefer summer. The best herbs were to be found then, and much more easily, and she could find so many more random little knick-knacks when everything wasn't covered with snow.

She told herself that this was okay, her main goal for the day was supposed to be exploring her new home, after all. She had figured to start by circling around the edge of the territory, and make her way inwards. And so she made her way through, noticing with interest how the trees seemed to be getting thinner -- drastically thinner, not as they would naturally as one approached a coastline. The sight of the first dwelling didn't exactly stop her in her tracks; she had seen this before, after all, on the day Jefferson had found her on the coast and brought her to the cabin from which she'd pilfered her hip satchel. It was the sight of the second, then third, then fourth. They weren't crowded together by any means, but there were several of them, and they unsettled the Irish female. She wandered along the large path between the dwellings, looking back and forth at them. She noticed when she passed the boundary of the territory, but thought little of it. She'd continue on her route in a moment, what she wanted to do now was look at these buildings. Why were they so big? One didn't need so much room to survive. The only thing she could think of was that at one time perhaps many, many shifters (and this thought, the idea of shifters in the plural, still unsettled her) lived in this area and crowded together in these dwellings. They seemed mostly abandoned now, though. It was beginning to be a little overwhelming, all these new things she was being introduced to, and had she a less strong constitution, she very well might have succumbed to a panic attack on her second day here.

It was because the breeze was blowing at her back that she didn't see the grey wolf until she was quite solidly on her bottom in the snow. She had turned around and was walking backwards, looking at the houses and the odd path they created, when her foot hit a hidden patch of ice beneath the snow and she slipped, spinning in an odd half-circle when she tried to catch her balance. A squeal left her mouth unbidden and she blinked to be suddenly sitting. Catching a bit of movement out of her peripheral, her head snapped around to see the male -- another shifter, she thought, and wondered when this would quit catching her off guard -- ragged, lean, good-looking, and wearing leggings, which she did not understand at all. She smiled sheepishly up at him. "Er. Hi."

table credit titmouse

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/erin_ruriktable2.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

I just realized I have the awful habit of starting threads and then not PM'ing their intended. >__>

There was little awkwardness within Rurik as he waited; he was quite content to linger all day. When it came to howling he was often conflicted; he was uncertain whether or not to actually yowl for someone if he didn't have any official business within the packlands. He was just a visitor; without actually having anyone to seek out or business to attend to, he felt it unwise to draw attention to himself. So he waited, quite content to do so. His brilliant blue eyes roved about the street and the dwellings, finding it a rather quaint place. These houses had rather ample yards as compared to the ones back toward the center of the city, but they were all rather large anyway.

“Oy!” he yelped suddenly, the other canine careening toward him out of nowhere. He dove forward to try to catch her but he was too late, and instead ended up awkwardly standing over her instead, worry immediately shining in his brilliantly colored eyes. “Are you okay?” he asked, circling around to extend his arm out, offering his hand to help her up to her feet again. “Let me help you up,” he said, ever-polite and helpful. There was no duplicity in his speech; he did not present a charming side for trickery. Ice could be a rather dangerous thing in the wintertime, and it wasn't as if he was immune from sliding on it. Growing up in one of the colest places in the world had done him no good as far as preventing slips and falls, nor had it imparted onto him any particular sort of grace.

<style>
.rurik-gifterin002 b {color:#74A5AC;}
.rurik-gifterin002 p {text-indent:25px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]ooc- I AM ALIVE OMG. Sorry about the wait. We just got our internet service back a couple of days ago, and I'm still getting settled in and junk <3. Also, this is Shmee being too lazy to mess with a table Big Grin.

ic- Well, this was just spiffy. Not only did her rear hurt now, she had made a fool of herself in front of this complete stranger. How far she had come from a place where wolves had once looked to her with respect and a little fear, to a buffoon sitting in the snow after a far from graceful spill. At least he wasn't laughing at her; he was, in fact, the picture of chivalry, standing over her with a concerned expression, hand extended, offering to pull her to her feet.

She was not one to refuse such a polite offer from a handsome man, and grasped his outstretched hand, pulling herself to her feet. Still smiling, she dusted the snow from her rump, giving her voluminous tail a final shake to dislodge any remaining powder. I'm okay, thanks. Din't 'urt nuthin' but mah pride. She laughed with a little self-effacement. M'name's Cerridwyn, an' picture o'grace I am apparently not. She motioned at one of the houses surrounding them. Got a li'l distracted by th' dens 'ere, she said. No' used t'seein' so many, so close together. An' so big.[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/rurikban3.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

GOD YOU SUCK RAWR ETC /hate also I feel awkward here because you knew oldschool Rurik especially well, and I feel he's changed a ton :| But idk if that's good or bad, hrmmhrmmhrm.

The pale-furred Russian was far too polite to laugh to the woman's face; if he was going to have a chuckle, it would be by himself, later, when he was alone. No need to embarass her further. Kicking her while she was down was just cruel. So he kept his composure, smiling only when it became apparent she was not injured. Her accent was striking and it caught his ears and attention immediately, the sable-furred things swiveling to better catch her voice. He had heard similar but he could not place hers, exactly—to Rurik, it was a sad thing his own particular accent seemed to have faded over the years. Certainly his voice was still coated with Russian, it would always be, but traveling for so long and living in many places had forced some of it from his voice, muddling the motherland from his tongue.

Her lack of knowledge regarding the houses surprised him; from her voice he would have expected she was from across the ocean, where such things were more common. “No? The city is govno-nagruzok of fun,” he commented. There was little else like scavenging the ruins of a dead civilization to Rurik—the many strange implements humans had lived amongst fascinated him, even if he wasn't particularly interested in actually using them. “But it's good to meet you,” he said, tipping his head forward with the greeting. Cerridwyn—simple, yet pretty. She would have a nickname in due time, no doubt—a lot of the canines Rurik became acquainted with had some kind of nickname. He was still thinking on one for Gabriel, some strong Russian word to convey the man's stoic presence and particular manner, but such a word had not come to him yet. “Rurik Russo of Sobirat'sya. Got to ask you, too—where did you pick up this voice?” he inquired, already curious of her origins.

<style>
.rurik-gifterin003 b {color:#94A190;}
.rurik-gifterin003 p {text-indent:25px; }
</style>[/html]
ooc: God it seems like every time I reply to a thread it's with an OMG I AM NOT DEAD I AM SO SORRY FOR TAKING FOREVER. So, yeah. That XD. As far as old-school vs. new-school Rurik, no need to feel awkward. One would expect that he be a completely different character after so long and so much that has happened to him :3.

ALSO I AM ANTI-TABLE NOW. I HAVE DECIDED THIS AND SO IT SHALL BE.

word count: 307

ic: He was rogue-ish, in a weathered way, this wolf. Cerridwyn hadn't ever seen anyone like him, she was sure -- which wasn't saying much, really, considering that she'd not seen anyone outside of her tribe before coming here, and while she'd met a few wolves after her arrival, it wasn't as though she saw throngs of them every day. But still, he was... different. A sort of chivalry, she was used to; chivalry for no reason at all she was not. The wolves back home had a reason to be polite, to offer assistance. They had been scared of her. Not wracked with terror, obviously, but there had been an undercurrent of fear in all their dealings with the priestess. There was no fear here.

"Rurik Russo," she repeated carefully, feeling around the unfamiliar syllables with her tongue. She smiled; she wasn't even going to attempt to say that last name; whether it was a family name or where he was from, it was completely unpronounceable either way. "'Sgood t'meet ye, 'swell," she said. "I came frae 'cross the sea, an isle called Bhaile." The collie mix shrugged her trim shoulders in apology. "Tha's wot we called it, anyhoo. Ne'er met ennyone else ootside me own tribe, so I dunnae wot others may 'ave called it." Her chocolate eyes studied him quizzically. "Ye've got a 'voice' o'yer own, y'know. Where may this Sob... Sobry... where'd ye pick yers up?"

Her gaze left the grey male -- a little reluctantly -- and settled on one of the human structures for a moment before returning to the easy sight of Rurik. "P'raps y'can show me where the fun lies in th'... city? It intimidates me jus' a bit." She looked down sheepishly before returning her gaze to his under long eyelashes as she admitted her ignorance of the area.
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/rurikmaritgift.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#005ac7; border:1px solid #444477;">

Big Grin

Rurik was a fan of anywhere, really—he rather enjoyed wandering around through the city or the countryside. Either setting appeased him; he enjoyed exploring anything that was unknown and new. He was a wanderer at heart, truly—five years he had been on the road, unable to sit still in one place for too long. He could not determine the cause of his restlessness any more than he could cure it, so that was how he spent his days—sooner or later this place would again pass, and he would be on the road again. That was how things were, that was how they would stay.

He wrinkled his nose at the mention of her homeland, tilting his head to the side. “Apologies, I have not heard of zhis place. It must be nice, though, to finally see the world, eh?” he asked, beaming widely. He certainly enjoyed exploring; he figured Cerridwyn was much the same if she ended up so far from her homeland. “Sobirat'sya,” he said, slowing down the pronunciation in a polite and careful way. Rurik was one of the few who might have pulled off this gentle correction without sounding annoyed or condescending. “It es in Russia, over the ocean and across a lot of the land,” he said, emphasizing the distance between this place and his homeland with a few emphatic hand gestures.

At the question he beamed and nodded his head enthusiastically. “Of course! Company es always good, and I am not so familiar with this part of the ceety. We can explore together, da?” he said, his silvery tail wagging. He was always glad to have company—female company was better in most cases, of course, though he had his male friends and he had his, ah, male friends, so to speak.

<style>
.rurikgiftmarit b {color:#85d2dd;}
.giftmaritliliya {font-weight:bold; color:#218E9D;}
.rurikgiftmarit p {text-indent:25px; margin:0px; padding:0px;}
</style>
[/html]
word count: 364

The hybrid's cocoa eyes lingered on the form of Rurik; Cerridwyn found herself reluctant to take them off him, and she wasn't exactly sure why. The idea that she found him attractive hadn't yet occurred to the saddled female; she'd been a priestess or priestess in training almost her entire life, and had dedicated herself to the trade. Sure, she'd seen other wolves fall in love and find mates, settle down, and have families, but the thought that she might someday do so as well had never even entered the realm of possibility. Her love was Danu, and her commitment was the worship of the goddess, of perfecting rituals and devotions. It was not that she was forbidden, just that she didn't have time or inclination.

She was enjoying the sight of the pierced and tattooed male, though, even if she wasn't sure why. His voice made her giddy in a completely unfamiliar way. She hung on his every word, relishing them. "Aye, I s'pose it is nice to see diff'rent things," she replied, skirting the reason she had actually left Bhaile. No need to get into that just now. "I've def'nitely learned a lot since leavin' 'ome." She smiled as Rurik slowly pronounced the name of his homeland for her, and to please him, she gave it another go. "Sobee... rait... seeya?" Cerridwyn laughed. "Sorry, 's a bit o' a tongue twister fer me. It mus' nae be too far frae Bhaile, though, iffen it's --" she mimicked his hand gestures in only a slightly teasing manner -- "o'er th' ocean an' 'cross a lot o' the land. There were a lot o' th' ocean between 'ere an' Bhaile."

Her stomach fluttered as the muscular wolf smiled broadly at her request to show her around the city. "Aye, company 's allus... appreciated," she said sweetly. The idea of this brawny male accompanying her made the idea of urban exploration a lot less intimidating. The anxiety that ate at her belly at the idea of entering one of the buildings by herself melted into butterflies. She looked at the many buildings around them and then back to Rurik. "Where d'ye propose we explore first?"
[html]

OM NOM NOM

The silver-furred man certainly understood the urge to wander; it had surfaced in him years ago, and it would continue to drive him along throughout the rest of his life. Someday he would leave this place and someday he would return—someday he'd even see home again. He knew these things would happen; it was all a part of being a wanderer. “Oh yes. The whole world, all of it is different and wonderful,” he said, agreeing with her completely. Each different place in the world had its unique and lovely qualities about it, and Rurik had never really been somewhere he didn't truly enjoy. Eventually every place got old and he wanted to move on to see the next, but that could be a matter of days or a matter of months, he knew from experience. He had remained in the same places for more than a year at times, but never more than a year and a half—maybe he was just destined to wander until he dropped dead. Not that it bothered him any, though.

“That is closer! Maybe you get it, maybe you don't. No worries!” he said cheerily, shrugging his coal-dusted shoulders. Some were anal about the pronunciation of their homeland and considered it insulting; Rurik knew from experience the wide array of accents and differences in language sometimes made it impossible. Some sounds just didn't exist in some languages. “Aye! The Atlantic Ocean is big sea between zhis land and our homeland. They call land over there Europe, Asia and Africa. Zhis land is Nort' America and Sout' America,” the werewolf explained, quickly breaking down the world's geography in common terms for her. It might be easier for Cerridwyn to explain to others that she was from a part of the world called Europe, specifically Bhaile. He generally had to simplify it to Sobirat'sya, Russia—and even then he often had to explain that Russia was across the Atlantic and over land (or through the frigid Arctic Seas) in order to be understood.

The silver-furred man placed a hand on his chin, stroking the thicker black hairs there. They grew into a vaguely beardlike pattern, fur growth which was absent from his Lupus form save for a darker coloration along his muzzle—not that he ever bothered to use that four-legged form. He had done so only once recently, and that was to provide “comfort” to another four-legged woman—and bequeath to her the gift of Lupercism. His sky-colored eyes surveyed their surroundings; most of the buildings were time-dilapidated, their fronts showing considerable damage—some even had vegetation taking root. The windows had been blasted from some of the building-fronts, allowing dirt and grime from the outside world to pile up, eventually allowing for the hardy weeds and tiny plants to survive. “Well, maybe we just walk along street here—you see something interesting, we check it out,” he said, baring his pearly whites in a grin.

<style type="text/css">
.rurik-hell b{font-weight:bold; color:#E4DED8; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ruri-hell-liliya {color:#CEC4BB;font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.rurik-hell p{text-indent:35px; padding:0px 15px 15px 15px; margin:0px;}
.rurik-hell {width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/ruri_hell.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 278px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#B6B1AD; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
word count: 379

The willowy female smiled broadly, proud of herself, when Rurik praised her attempts at pronouncing his godawful tongue-twister of a homeland. She tilted her head a little as he explained some of the geography to her, giving her names to assign to places she'd known were there now, but hadn't known what to call them. "Ah, okay," she said eloquently. At least she could tell people now that she was from Europe or Africa or Asia, and probably wouldn't get the blank stares she usually did when she told them simply, "Bhaile."

She watched him closely as he stroked the fur around his muzzle. This fur was something else she'd seen in no one else -- it was a truly unique growth pattern, and it made the Russian seem somehow more manly, more rugged. She might have swooned, just a little. She grinned back at him as he suggested they just walk along and see what they found. "Soun's good t'me," she replied.

She gazed upon the buildings that lined the streets as they walked further from the boundary of the Valley; they all seemed the same, really. Rurik had said they would "check it out" if she saw something interesting, but they were all interesting to the tri-colored female. She guessed it was a matter of finding one that looked more interesting than the rest?

She paused as they came upon a building that did, perhaps, look a little more interesting than the rest; it had a steepled roof, with a bit of a tower at the top, a bell inside. She reached a hand out to touch Rurik's arm, so that he would pause as well. As her fingers touched the rough fur of his arm, it felt as though a bolt of gentle lightening shot through her body. Her eyes widened a bit and she stared at him blankly -- he'd grabbed her hand only a few moments ago and this hadn't happened. What had changed? She couldn't guess. Having never been in such a situation, she had no idea what that shock had meant, only that it had been, well... shocking. And she had liked it. She swallowed roughly, clearing her throat. "Aheh... er, that 'un?" she choked out smoothly, pointing to the steepled building.
[html]

Lmfao, I want to hear Cerri say she is from Europe or Africa or Asia to someone, ahahahahaha. They will O_o if they have any idea what she's talking about. XD Also I think I got the building right uh just punt me if I didn't. >___> Also, I don't know why, but imagine a BEAR shows up at the end of my post and how much more interesting it would be or something. ((335))

The silver-furred male was quite content to pad around the city for a while; he hadn't come here with any purpose but to make friends and learn a little about the pack, but he was perfectly willing to entertain the multi-hued woman. He wasn't about to turn around and wander off on her or anything—that was just plain rude, and he knew from personal experience what it felt like when a woman wandered off. Finn had run practically screaming away from him, and he still didn't know what he'd done wrong there. The pale-furred Russian felt a light touch on his arm, and he paused, peering over at Cerri and following her dark eyes. He had noticed the bit of discomfort from her, of course—if Rurik excelled in nothing else, it was the women. But prior to this, he had seen no interest from the hybrid woman, and so he remained quiet about it. Normally he might have offered a little grin or a smile, something—but the silver-furred werewolf didn't quite know what to make of Cerri yet.

“Oho! Zhat is a good one. It es a church,” he explained. “The humans use zhis building for worship. Not so good for living, really, but some in old country were very pretty,” he said, remembering some of the tall, sprawling buildings he had seen in his time. The gray-furred man hesitated a moment, but he placed his own hand on her back gently, though it was in a perfectly respectable area, right about in the middle. Rurik wasn't one for random groping unless he was really, really smashed, and he more or less wanted to gauge her reaction here—but he made as if it was a move to get her to head for the church. He took a few steps ahead of her after a moment, stealing a glance at her as he turned to open the door. It was unlocked—what luck. He held it open and waved his hand, smiling.

<style type="text/css">
.ruri-hell-liliya {color:#CEC4BB;font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.rurik-hell {width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/ruri_hell.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 278px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#B6B1AD; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
ooc: wtf, a bear XD. And yes, it's a church, duh ;D. STEEPLE BELL TOWER WHAT ELSE. And: BOOZEBOOZEBOOZEDON'T FORGET DAMMIT.

word count: 482

ic: The collie-mix swallowed again, her mouth going amazingly dry for some reason. What was going on? It was as though all the types of anxiety and excitement she'd ever felt in her life were all balled up into one mutated creature in the pit of her stomach. Fear, she knew; anxiety, she knew; excitement, she knew. This, she did not know, and it was driving her crazy.

She caught her senses long enough to listen to Rurik's words; long enough to actually decipher their meanings, long enough to pay attention past the quite pleasant sound of his voice. She smiled to herself; of course she would pick one that had been used for worship. The idea of worshiping in a building, though? "Huh. Why'd they worship inside, I wonder? There en't nothin' t' worship inna a buildin'. Danu 'ears ye best when yer outside, under th' sky." His hand touched her back, gently, and her chocolate eyes were immediately on his face, a smile upon her lips, muscles twitching slightly. She could feel the heat of his hand, energy rippling up and down her spine from the place his palm rested. He pushed gently, motioning her inside the building, and she went willingly.

The ashen male gave her - what was to her - a winning smile as he opened the door of the building, and she obligingly stepped over the threshold. It was dark and dusty inside, as to be expected: the building was probably quite quaint in its prime, but now trash lay here and there, furniture upturned and in disarray. She stepped into a foyer, and on past into a larger room. Benches lined an aisle leading up to an altar, the weak winter sunlight filtering in through the windows on both sides of the building, reflecting off of swirling motes. She walked up the aisle to the altar; it was barely one, really, just a raised bit of a stage area with an upturned podium in the center, and two more benches along the back wall. Cerridwyn stepped onto the stage and took a seat on one of these benches, looking out and surveying the room; this was the main worship area, obviously, and she could feel wisps of long-dead energy, could imagine these humans, these Fomorians of her religion, gathered together to worship. It was an odd image, in truth: the Fomorians hadn't really worshiped anything. Maybe they had been different in this land across the sea.

Standing across the room from her, just at the aisle's start, was Rurik, and she took a moment just to look at him, lips quirked in a quizzical tilt. The way the sunlight reflected off of his fur, his icy blue eyes watching her from across the room - she could look at him all day. She patted the seat next to her in invitation. "Come sit wi' me, Rurik."
[html]

BEEBLES. XD I should just not write Rurik's accent ever because I'm terrible at it, but then you get gems like "feesh" and "beebles." >___> (300)

Rurik didn't understand the human's worship any more than Cerridwyn seemed to—but at least he knew more about the actual procedure. As they entered the church, the bright blue gaze of the man peered about, eager to drink in the dusty interior of the building. It was in a relatively good state; there didn't seem to be any huge holes in the roof or anything like that. The pews were still somewhat orderly, though they were of course overlaid with a layer of dust and grime, and the brilliant crimson carpet had several stains across its surface. The altar still stood, but whatever had been on it at one point had been knocked away. In all, it wasn't the worst building the silver-furred Russian had the pleasure of exploring.

“Well... I don't get it, eizher. But they come here, and someone vould talk to zhem and read from zheir books... zhey are called beebles, maybe?” he said, the word sounding funny coming from his Russian muzzle. “I don't know why that's worship,” he said, shrugging his shoulders. The hybrid woman meandered up the aisle, and Rurik watched her go, following her movements with his sky-colored eyes. At her invitation he sauntered forward, settling down next to her. Of course, his posture was entirely unbefitting for a church—his long silver-furred legs were splayed out in front of him, his arms crossed behind his head. “Zhey used to have vine for vorshiping, too, I zhink,” he said, grinning and unstrapping the little flask from his side. “I do not have zhat, but vodka vill do better anyway,” he said, unscrewing the top from it. He was always parched, always down for a drink—and it seemed appropriate, seeing as the humans used to do the very same in this place.

<style type="text/css">
.rurik-hell em {font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; color:#CEC4BB;font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>
[/html]
ooc: Ahaha beebles XD.

ic: The tri-color female nodded as Rurik explained the procedure of the humans' worship to her. "Bit o' a ceremony, prob'ly," she commented, "Though I've ne'er seen one done wi' books. Or beebles." Her nerve endings thrilled as he sat next to her, just close enough so that their thighs weren't touching. "Vine?" she questioned, in response to his comment about methods of worship. This made a little more sense to her -- she used all manner of plant life in her ceremonies back in Bhaile, and it only made sense that the humans would do so as well. Even if they did worship under a roof, the logic of which was still beyond her.

As Rurik continued to speak, she realized that she'd misunderstood him -- vine must be some sort of drink, of which he was not in possession. He did, however, apparently have a refreshment called vodka. "Well, I'm sure we'll make do," she remarked, admiring his rakish grin. She took the flask from him and sniffed it, before coughing and wiping her now-watery eyes. "Hoo! Ye drink this? Smells like it'd burn a hole straight through yer belly!"
[html]

BEEBLESBEEBLESBEEBLES :O

Rurik didn't really understand being religious. His family hadn't passed much down to him; the furthest he got was his house spirit and the prayer to the water spirits and Stribog to protect them on long journeys, but beyond that, he didn't fully comprehend anything religious—others had tried to preach it to him before, but he found their ramblings rather boring and disconnected to him anyway. “I do not know nozhing about their religion, sadly, or I could say more,” the man explained, apologetic he could not give her more instruction as to what these building were used for. He did not realize the pronunciation of bibles was incorrect, but he shook his head at vine. “Vine, with a double-you,” he explained, gently correcting. This woman certainly possessed a fair amount of muliebrity, and he did not wish to correct her harshly. “Mine accent troublesome,” he said sheepishly, folding his ears back. She reached for the flash and sniffed it, reacting strongly—of course the silver-furred werewolf took a fair amount of amusement in this, laughing softly at her. “Aye, it's strong stuff. But it's whole lots of fun, too,” the male said merrily. He was never one to directly peer pressure, of course—he understood a direct no, but he wasn't exactly subtle about much, and of course liquor was a passion, so he endorsed it rather enthusiastically.

<style>
.rurik-giftsam b{color:#227c9b;}
.rurik-giftsam-liliya {color:#38B0D9; font-weight:bold;}
.rurik-giftsam p{margin:0px; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:45px;}
</style>
[/html]