The Telling Truth
[html]

Lucia :]
Shiloh Hills

The whispers of Dahlia’s and Inferni’s war were still circulating, and until the Lt. General heard and confirmed the end of the fighting she would be persistent in her patrols. It was least she could do, and at the same time sticking closer to home. It had been some time since she had traveled any great distance, or stayed from her mansion home for the night. Each night she traveled home, checking to see how the pack faired and then rising in the tendrils of the early light and heading out once more. She was due for a day just to cling to the Manor and rest. But that was not this day.

The tawny slight female traveled over snow covered hills, passing few trees and skirting around the large Rabbit Lake and out into the world that did not belong to the Dreaming pack. The sky held many grays, a thick glow the only evidence of a Sun, and a wandering wind that ran along the low lying hills periodically. The trees she past were what Anu thought to be middle aged, tall but not as tall as they would some day grow. The secondary type forests held the adolescences of oak and other bare-branched trees, some small undergrowth that she could hide behind if she found the need.

With no threat in the air Anu simple wandered, taking in the scents that came and passing by all that she found uninteresting.

[/html]
[html]

WC 690
Great post! :] I wasn't sure which form your character was in so I left the face-to-face meeting up to you. I hope that's ok? Smile
I apologise. I'm a little out of practise...

The day was brisk; a grey sky reflecting onto the snow-bitten landscape, causing an almost monochromatic effect to the average eye. Colour in this terrain seemed little, if not drained; perhaps trickling away in some faraway stream, giving light and rainbows to some other undiscovered territory. A sharp chill curved in and out of bare-naked trees, whipping thin branches and bending them to its will. From a glance, this almost picturesque location seemed deserted, yet with closer inspection, a figure lay in the snow, back leant against one of the many snow-tipped oaks and a book in hand.

Lucia's fur contrasted greatly with her surroundings; a deep shade of midnight, groomed well yet matted slightly on the parts of her which brushed against the bark. The snow had once sent a sharp shiver down her spine, but as time had passed, the feeling had faded; numbness had taken its place. Her malachite orbs danced wildly as they absorbed the knowledge from the small black book she had clasped in her feminine fingers, though if one were to stare for long enough, they might notice a mysterious wisp or two of untold madness; a secret that even Lucia would release as common knowledge.

As she sat in the peaceful hideaway, the female's ears twinged; it had been relatively quiet for the passing hour or two, the occasional howl of the wind and twitter of birds, yet as a twig snapped not too far from where she rested, her body became rigid. Lucia was new to these lands and not yet adjusted to their customs and territories, thus paranoia was never too far from her mind. Placing the tattered book into a rucksack which also looked as though it would soon fall apart, Lucia rose to a stand and scanned the horizon slowly. Her fingers curled, as though imaging the cold handle of her daggers in her palms, yet unsure of whether this was friend or foe, they remained tucked away in her pack; easy to access if trouble were to occur. Unbeknown to Lucia, a war was currently swallowing this land, and though rumours had circulated on her travels, there was little on the matter that Lucia knew. In her mind it was irrelevant knowledge, as she doubted her chances of crossing paths with any of the members, or even their territories, thus had kept herself to herself and carried on her journey.

As the steps came closer, a shiver of anticipation trickled down her spine, tickling her knees into momentary weakness. Collecting herself, she growled under her breath. The waiting made her uncomfortable, yet with such uncertainties, she was not prepared to hunt for this stranger herself. With a last glance at the horizon, Lucia's attention turned back to her rucksack. Fumbling with the myriad of things that littered the innards of her bag, she finally pulled out a cigarette and lighter. Pursing it between her lips, she lit the cancer-ridden stick and inhaled slowly. The smoke wafted in and out of her nostrils, belittling any scent of her soon to be companion. As such, her muscles rippled and relaxed, and her pulse slowed to an almost normal rate. With eyes half shut, she smiled to herself, and spoke gently to the wind, hoping perhaps that her words would travel the distance to the stranger and break the ice in a more unconventional manner.

“Hello...”
Her voice was rough, tainted from the smoke and cold. Yet her feminine tone still lingered as a backdrop, giving reference to her gender if such was heard. “Friend or foe?” A simple question, yet so much was lingering on the answer. If a friend, all would be fine, yet if the answer became foe, Lucia's mind would be made, and she would most definitely try to cause a fight. Her schizophrenic nature would push at such an outcome. She waited, her joints aching from impatience and curiosity; she was yet to come across a single soul in this terrain, and as the anticipation grew, the puffs of her cigarette became fewer and fewer, burning almost as slowly as time seemed to fly.

[/html]
[html]

she is in wolf form... & your sweet! and not rusty at all ;D

Paw steps had grown slow, cautious though Anu had yet to find anything to bring the reaction about. Still she felt the presence of another in the distance. The wind blew, bringing the older female the scent of a stranger. No familiar pack lingered in the wind, for in the cross roads between many different lands made the possibility of meeting another pack wolf very likely. Instead it was foreign, and with it brought a suspicion and a weariness to the Dreamer. Her slight form made flight a much better option when challenged on neutral lands and without the support of pack mates, fighting had never been a strong point with the female.

The other came into view, a Luperci who’s ebony pelt shown dark against the light winter landscape and monotone sky. Anu paused, and though she was normally welcoming to any that she came across the Lt General was unsure about the other canine. She seemed lost, though the word did not cover the tinge of hesitation that ran through the taller beast. She smelt of far away places, heavily saturated with new and old dead smoke and the question spoke of someone perhaps had yet to meet anyone in the region that fit either descriptions. For in her experienced eyes the other wolves, coyotes, and hybrids made it easy to tell who might wish to hurt and who only hoped to talk.

“Hello.” She responded, blue eyes glancing over the wolfess as well as the things that littered the ground around her, mainly the bag. Her gaze returned to the woman’s face and she willingly answered the question presented. “A friend.” She had never told another creature that she had the intension of being an enemy, though she was not immune to a little ill will, no one was. But the new fey had yet to gain nor loose any trust and so the Dreaming leader introduced herself, “I’m Anu.”

[/html]
300+
[html]

WC 385
Sorry, my muse seemed to be on holiday today.

The soft crunch of snow met her ears, shortly followed by a visual on her new companion. Another female appeared just past a large oak, fur a light shade of grey, tinged with autumn browns and a muzzle of pale cream. The most distinguishing feature, in Lucia's opinion, was the female's eyes; a neat shade of ocean blue, perhaps the colour of the sky in summertime. With a single glance, the ebony femme's muscles relaxed, this female seemed to have a light aura; kind, almost innocent. Lucia no longer felt threatened, the atmosphere now a little brighter.

Drawing one last drag out of her cigarette, Lucia threw the butt to the ground; a short fizzle as the snow put it out. Nodding respectively toward the older female, her lips curled into a warm smile. She always tried to set a good first impression; experiences had taught her that words travel faster than legs, thus a bad word could go for a hundred miles. That was never good, especially if you needed warm food and a place to crash.

“I'm Lucia Cabriel,”
her tone was short, yet friendly. She had never been good with others, her constant paranoia and anxiety wavered any chance of a normal connection. “What is this place? You live here?” The questions were genuine, and though Lucia had thought it previously best to keep her travelling lifestyle a secret, this woman seemed trusting enough to ask the questions that nobody else would answer.

Pausing, Lucia's hands slid into the bag. Pulling out a half empty bottle of Jack Daniels, she pointed the bottle in Anu's direction, her jade optics watching the lighter female carefully. Though she had stated that her intentions were good, Lucia still felt a little uneasy. A new place, new people; it did not sit well with her instincts. Luckily, her demons had seen little action, thus the feelings were suppressed to a manageable level (and hopefully they would remain that way).
“Would you like some? It warms the soul.” A smile danced across her façade, generosity was not one of her strong points, however she didn't feel as though she was doing too much of a bad job. “If not, I have a blanket if you're cold...” She signalled towards her bag. “Help yourself...”

[/html]
[html]

I'm a typical "300+" writer.. xD

As a greeter of Crimson Dreams Anu was practiced in introductions and meeting those seeking sanctuary. This was not very different, for Anu could read a similar tone in this female's body as she saw in those that came to their borders. Wind swept strangers were rare at their door, winter seemed to keep many in the homes that had already instead of out venturing for a new life. To travel in this sort of weather gave way to certain ideas, one that Anu thought without restraint; She might be in dire strain to be out uprooted in the snow and cold. Her name came forth, pleasant in voice and Anu smile widened in approval of Lucia's welcoming demeanor.

The questions were easy to answer, the Dreamer's voice flowing with ease. "No, but my home is near by. Our borders line the western half of the large lake just beyond those hills." Anu motioned in a western direction with her nose. "There are many packs in this area. Mine is Crimson Dreams." If she wished to find the fact that she was new to the region then she did not hide it well. Her scent spoke true of it, the most simplistic way for Anu to read her unfamiliarity to these parts. Cerulean eyes watched closely as the female went to her bag and asked, "Have you been here long?" A sort of obvious question, speaking of the area as a whole as well as the spot Anu had found her in. Her gaze danced over the bottle that was retrieved, shaking her head at the polite gesture. "No thank you." She knew it to be rude to decline the offering, but the fey was rarely a drinking, finding it something for celebrations. The blanket was a nice gesture, but the wolfess didn't find it necessary at the moment "Perhaps if the wind picks up."

[/html]

300+
[html]

WC 310
I'm not sure where my muse is right now, :/ Had a rough couple of days.

Viridian eyes glanced understandably in Anu's direction, following the tilt of her frame and glancing over toward where Crimson Dream's territory rested. Smiling peacefully, her eyes returned to gray female. Placing the half empty bottle back into her bag, Lucia's auds flickered as questions were raised and curiosity rang out as clear as a howl at midnight. Shifting slightly, the wind nipping at her thighs, the ebony female's attention returned fully toward Anu.

“I've only just arrived,”
she admitted casually, knowing now that it was no secret of her traveling habits. “I've been searching for a place to settle down,” she continued, pausing momentarily as though lost in thoughts. “I've contemplated joining one of the packs, but I honestly wouldn't know where I'd fit in.” The sentence was dripping with secrets; something that Lucia wasn't letting out, which could be a million things; and being that she had only just met Anu, trust wasn't that easy to gain. “--How did you realize that your pack was the right one?”

As the words rolled off her tongue, a crow flew overhead, crying out into the sky. Glancing upward, her scar wrinkled as it rested across her left eye. Some would call it a minor disturbance on her facade, yet to Lucia it was the one thing that caused her confidence to slide.
“Say, Anu...” she rasped, eyes falling slowly back to the horizon, hackles rising and falling with each breath, “Where's the best place to settle around here? You know, warm bed, good source of food--” she paused, a shiver down her spine as a breeze caught her off-guard, her emerald eyes fixed over the frame of Anu, trying to figure her out, read her personality with very little conversation, “--without perhaps joining a pack, unless you'd recommend one, of course?”

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... iftanu.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
no worries :]

Cerulean eyes watched the dark stranger, the ray and brown’s figure relaxing as the moments passed without concern. She rested her tail against the cold ground, shifting to a position that would only serve to help calm the other wolf and ease her own body. The female was lost, and seemed a bit out of her zone of comfort, but Anu could not expect anything else from a wanderer. The older female gave a nod, waiting patiently as Lucia gathered her thoughts into spoke words. “Its not an easy task.” Anu felt it an honest worry, knowing that simply picking the first bordered lands was not always the most intelligent way to make such a large decision. When the question came Anu was happy to reveal a bit of her past to the newly found companion, feeling there would be no harm in it. “I came here over a year ago, settling in one place only to leave a few months later to follow a lover to another.” It was a bit of a confession to give someone she had just come to know, but Anu was simply an honest creature. “I found that it was not even that wolfess that made me stay, I find peace in Crimson Dreams.” it was not easy to describe the feeling that the Dreaming lands brought her, ‘peace’ was all that her vocabulary owned that seemed to fit at all.

The tawny fey watched the other, even as the senses were distracted. There was a moment of silence, and then Lucia spoke with one more intrigue. There was one place that Anu would always thing about when the thoughts of free lands came to mind. “Unless you are not fond of it, to the east there is a city.” Anu did not frequent it, finding its landscape depressing. But the supplies there seemed endless, as well as places to hide. “Food can be caught on the outskirts, but the buildings and rooms in its center are empty and numerous.” And then she donned a smile as she thought of it, “We are always welcoming those searching for a place to live, anyone searching for the security of a pack and are willing to be loyal and honest.” It was not meant to sound like a challenge, and Anu never had thought that being goodhearted was difficult.

by Erin <33
[/html]
300+
[html]

WC 318.
I'm not sure what happened with this one - I knew what I wanted to write, but it just wasn't getting put down on paper, so to speak. Sorry, I think it's another off day.

The ebony femme listened intently, eyes glued atop Anu with an inquisitive gaze. The words she spoke were kind and thoughtful, answering her questions politely and – one would assume – honestly. She listened to the description of the pack carefully, and though she knew she possessed such traits, she doubted they would be able to handle her slightly wilder side. She had a knack for danger – as though it followed her wherever she went – and though this was not far from the truth, a lack of understanding (or even remote knowledge of her condition) placed doubts in her mind. She did not feel as though this was the right place for her to sign off her traveling nature.

“Sounds like a nice place to live,”
Lucia responded quietly, her eyes gleaming with more questions and queries about the land she had ended up in. “So,” she paused, trying to read if Anu was becoming remotely agitated, or even bored, with her excess questioning and grilling about the world around her. “What are the other packs like? What's the story?” She hoped she didn't seem too inquisitive – as the saying goes, curiosity killed the cat. Though, with Lucia's mind how it was, being a wolf meant that curiosity was not likely to try and put her in the cat's place – or at least, she hoped it wouldn't.

Shifting slightly, her eyes checking the horizon during the silence between the two females, paranoia and anxiety making her never trusting of the world around her; always edgy, especially in a place she did not know inside-out. Weary, Lucia flicked her tail, an almost impatience to its twitching.
“What are these rumors of war?” She finally blurted out, dying to know everything she could about this landscape, and the tales that circulated between travelers and pack members alike. “How did that happen?”

[/html]
[html]

no worries! your writing is lovely, i have no complaints ;D

In the end there was no other place Anu would rather live. She and her Commander had kept peace among their members ever since the shift of power all those months ago. Ever since Savi had become their alpha there had been little among them that caused any commotion, their ranks growing, litters being born. Their only problems had been the threats from the outside, and to Anu that was something less trying. Internal problems were the ones that tested them the hardest. As long as they were united they could protect themselves against anything. The older fey nodded her head, but the questions were not done. The Dreamer didn’t mind, and though it did not seem as if the stranger was about to follower her back to the Crimson Dreams borders, Anu was more then happy to continue the explanation of all the packs that lived as her neighbors.

She began, “There are five wolf packs, and then the coyote clan. You might have passed Aniwaya, and my own borders. Cours de Miracles is south of here, Phoenix Valley east of the city. They have always been welcoming of my visits, and I have family and friends living in many.” Anu paused, her thoughts moving towards the two other groups she had yet to name. When Lucia questioned again Anu rolled smoothly into the ones that she had yet to expand on, finding no surprise in the fact that she had heard the whispers of war in her travels. “That is between Dahlia and Inferni.” Her voice was dim now, harder then before. “Inferni is the coyote clan, Dahlia has attacked them and so now they aim to destroy the other.” Her voice was sorrowful, for such thoughts about the loss of life that had been suffered as well as would be made the female miserable.

“Dahlia’s leader is crazed, too many died and own scars made by his hand. Its best to stay away from both places.” She warned the wolf. Inferni was not a foe of hers personally, calling herself a friend of their leader. Yet Anu would not venture there, fearing that she would be killed by a clan-member on sight and for no other reason then that she was and looked like a full-blooded wolf.

[/html]

300+
[html]

WC 382.

The ways of the war intrigued Lucia – she had always been fascinated by it, yet to be placed in a landscape which had been riddled with the wounds of such, was an even better coincidence. Though she listened well to Anu's warnings, there was still a part of her eager to explore this situation more closely – perhaps even join the ranks of the many souls who placed their lives on the line for such a cause, yet Lucia was not stupid, and even though the war seemed to tingle at her addiction of adrenaline, she held herself steady and did not continue to consider such a plan.

“I see,”
she replied softly, very much aware of the sorrow the topic seemed to bring to the lighter female, “But,” she paused, wondering if her curiosity would in fact kill her one day, “why the attack?” It was a simple question, yet given the disturbance it had given to the other female's mood, Lucia was unsure on whether asking it had been such a wise idea. If her question was answered, the ebony female made a mental note to change the subject. It was the polite thing to do, and being that this female had been nothing but nice, she figured it was the only option to take.

“So, on a completely different topic--”
Her words stopped, eyes traveled to the cause – a crow had landed on a branch nearby, its calls echoing around them, interfereing with their conversation. Her tassel flicked side-to-side, irritation in her posture. “...Damn bird,” she muttered under her breath, before turning her gaze back to the older femme, trying to remember what she was going to say. It was often a habit for Lucia to forget things; and though she blamed it on her past, and the abuse she caused herself with alcohol, drugs, and her general way of life, there was a deeper, much darker reason for it – and there was no doubt that in time this reason would rear its ugly head; there was just one glimmer of hope... that nobody would be there to see it.

“--Got family? Lovers? Siblings? I don't mean to intrude – just jealous, you see. I don't have anyone.”

[/html]
[html]

Smile

There was nothing that Anu could fear more then a threat against her family. Her son lived in another pack, and she held friends in both groups that were at war, and she would not sleep well or stop her patrolling of her lands until the fighting between them had stopped. She found nothing interesting in the wrongful deaths of beast, and would gladly abolish violence if she had the ability to. Dishonesty, hatred, pain; Anu would rid the world of all of it if she could.

Lucia spoke, her voice respectful of the unhappiness that it brought the silver and brown Dreamer. Her question was one that Anu could not answer, not as fully as she wished to. The reasons were too many, or so Anu believed. The connections between Dahlia and Inferni were deep and numerous, it was almost impossible to know then all for so much went untold. How many knew that she and Coli had been attacked by the monstrous Haku, and who knew that she was friends with the Inferni leader? Not many, Anu thought. “There is a deeply seeded hatred between them, it goes back years and I couldn’t find any reason for Haku to attack another creature. He doesn’t need a reason.” Anu paused, thinking to the day she had saved the younger wolfess from his jaws, though not in time to save the tail that he had taken from Colibri. “He is the Dahlia alpha.” She spoke quickly to explain.

Green eyes wandered, as Anu thought her mind did. Changing the topic of conversation seemed out of context and yet Anu appreciated the move from war to anything else. Her questions were rattled one after another and the woman sat still and in silence until there was a pause. She smiled softly, “I have family, adopted children in my pack and in another.” She thought of her son, her unspoken favorite of the four. “A lover yes, but no siblings.” Her heart was stolen by another woman, younger then Anu and yet she loved as if she was practiced at the art. Her blood was somewhere else, far far away. Blue eyes looked at the lupus and questioned her, “Where are you from?”

<style type="text/css">
.anu15 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f7ee96; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc2 {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#e1d87c; text-align:right;}
.anu15 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.anu15 {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#a8d67d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... /anu15.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #315414; padding: 160px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Optima, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#315414; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

300+
[html]

WC 809.
How'd you get all those icons? ;o ...The tree and stuff, I'm jealous, lol.

It appeared to Lucia that this war resembled a lot of the factors in a book she had once read. The story had been called Pandora's Box, and from what Anu had shared with her, there were a lot of similarities. Tilting her head thoughtfully, tassel flickering side-to-side; perfect rhythm with her heartbeat, the ebony canine pondered on this theory. It was clear that despair had swept over many – the loss of life and the turmoil and paranoia that war caused, it was enough to spark the first wave. The second wave, disease and illness, came from wounds of the soldiers; without proper healing, infection set in and their blood would be poisoned, causing excruciating pain, and eventually death. Death, though caused by wounds and fighting, would also be instantaneous on the battle fields, if even the right blow to the body – canines were ruthless if they had to be, and Lucia had no doubt in her mind that those truly loyal to their pack would be ruthless to the last breath. It was sad really, yet it was also an admirable trait; for someone to die for their pack, for the next generation, it was an honorable thing really. She doubted, however, that anyone else really viewed it that way. Last, but not least, the final wave of the story, one which Lucia herself could relate to – hope. Anu was also one of the many who spread this wave amongst the land, passing it to strangers like herself. It was a beautiful sight, but the question was, would hope pull it off? Would the battle cease? That was the last thing to relate to this strange story in Greek Mythology; doubt. It followed hope like a shadow – balance was essential. Right and wrong, good and bad, dark and light... hope and doubt. Everything fitted together to create an almost harmonious cosmos for everything to live, breathe and survive in; a grand design, perhaps? Lucia did not quite believe this, but she had learned a great many things on her travels; the main being to keep an open mind, and that's exactly what she did.

Collecting her thoughts, swinging through them like an accountant to money, the ebony female's eyes fell back over Anu – the once empty gaze now intrigued and bright.
“Do you know the story of Pandora's Box?” she asked plainly, unaware of if that book could even be found in Nova Scotia. She figured that it may still rest in the library of the ruined city, yet if anyone had read it, that was a different thing entirely. It was no matter, however, for she had many books in her rucksack – this was no exception. “This war bares a lot of resemblance,” she stated – wondering if Anu felt the same way. “The plagues of the world, all from a box... War, dispair, illness and disease...--” she paused, looking directly at Anu, a placid smile atop her maw. “--Hope... Don't lose that trait,” she whispered, “It'll serve you well, I'm sure.”

Glancing upward at the sky, it came to Lucia's attention that the day was lessening; dark clouds were rolling in and the sun had began to set. She had been unaware of how long she had been traveling, how long she had been standing with this female. It was nice, in a strange kind of way. There weren't too many friendly folk these days, for everyone seemed too wrapped up in their own problems, or, as it seemed to be a theme of the day, the war. Smiling to herself, Lucia felt lighter, as though the conversation had brought her momentary peace of mind. She hoped to herself that she would meet this canine again someday; preferably sooner rather than later. With her eyes still upon the sky, Lucia's maw parted, her pink tongue dancing as she answered Anu's question – a hidden sadness in her eyes, but also a peace; maddening, empty peace, but peace nonetheless.

“I'm from a place far away from here,”
she whispered bluntly, “My mother went mad – we didn't have it easy,” she spared the fact that her mother was raped, and that Lucia was the outcome. “One night this guy raped and killed her,” there was a small pause, perhaps in respect to her mother, or maybe just to breathe. “I killed him and left. Never been back since--” She smiled at Anu, an almost sociopathic glimmer in her eyes, “I want to settle here. Find a lover, make a family.” She paused, almost laughing at herself; the thought was ridiculous, nobody would ever want her for more than anything other than a toy. “I want a life away from traveling, you see? I'm tired of being nobody.”

[/html]
[html]

wrap up soon?

An ear flicked backwards, her thoughts drifting from the plagues of war and to things far more pleasant. Though she worried for them, Anu found the memories and ideas of her family a comforting thing. She often wondered how those she had left, or that had left her, faired. The female’s change in topic had brought her to think about all that had happened before she had ever come here. Once before she had been a traveler, seeking something, perhaps running from something. Even if it was something as simple as loneliness. Her memories of those years had been hazy from some time now, the details faded, skewed by time and her own imagination. Still she could not let the faces that had changed her life go, the lines of their features etched in her mind’s eye.

At the female’s voice Anu shook her head, having never heard the name before. “I’m afraid I don’t.” The Dreamer knew little about the stories of humans, never learning to read as some wolves did. She listened intently as Lucia explained. It did not sound like something that Anu would enjoy, yet as her eyes locked with the emerald of the other fey Anu could take a bit that hit home. Hope was a thing Anu was never without, even if she had to cling tightly to it, she still did not loose it. Anu nodded, understanding that it would and had served her well.

The wolf’s attention seemed to be fleeting, and a moment of silence enveloped the pair. Her response was quiet, though the words did not seem soft. The story came, and it was a tragic tale that Anu almost regretted asking about. Still she sat with a calm face, feeling sorry for the other female. When she smiled the Dreamer found it extremely unsettling. To the point where she felt the urge to rise from her seat, but Anu fought it. She took a breath. She found her voice within reach and spoke sincerely, “I hope you find that.” Anu paused, remembering that she had once wanted to be more then just a nobody. “Everyone deserves that.” Anu spoke truthfully.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]

300+
[html]

WC 483.
How's this for a wrap up? Smile

Anu's words floated through her auds like clouds on a summer's day, lightly passing through and giving a small glimmer of happiness to the ebony female. Her lack of knowledge on the story of Pandora was remotely shocking, though she supposed that in a strange way, she already knew the answer. It was a rare tale to be told, or read for that matter, thus Lucia proposed one day she would retell the tale – if such an opportunity presented itself.
“It is a shame,” she whispered quietly, her eyes relaxed as she felt this conversation coming to an end. That was the problem with being a stranger; there was only so much time that others could, or would, spend with you. She knew this inside-out, yet each time, it hurt just a tiny bit more. However, it was always possible that she would meet these faces again in the future, so by holding onto that bit of hope, it never hurt enough to damage her. “It is a good story. Maybe we can share it sometime?”

Her lips curled into a smile, yet her eyes traveled to the sky. There was something so fascinating about it, no matter what time of day or weather that it carried along. It was a beautiful thing, and almost as misunderstood as the ebony loner herself. Glancing back at Anu, she spoke once more, a smile still atop her lips, and her eyes dancing hopefully.
“I hope I find that too,” she agreed, nodding her head as she spoke, perhaps not intentionally, but agreement nonetheless. “However, I guess one cannot find that by staying here all day, eh?” She paused, there was nothing worse than a goodbye, or at least, that was her opinion. “Thus,” she smiled again, for perhaps the last time in a long while. “I should be on my way. There is shelter I need to find, and food to be discovered.” She nodded politely at Anu, “Perhaps we'll meet again soon, yes? Who knows, maybe I'll choose to be in your pack.”

With a last cheerful glance, Lucia began to turn; her steps crushing shrubbery and dirt. Walking away from Anu, her face dropped – loneliness beginning to creep into her veins once again. It would be a long couple of days, but at least there might be another face along the way.
“Goodbye Anu,” she barked into the wind, not looking back – for the emotion on her face showed weakness, and that was never good. “Take care,” she listened to her words roll off her tongue, and as they did, her legs increased to a jog, clearing a rise in the landscape and disappearing from view. Lucia would remember her face, and the conversation very well. It would be a shame if they did not meet again, that was for certain.

[/html]
[html]

i'll ask for it to be archived Big Grin

The wind changed, picking up and sending a chill down her spine. If she knew more of the human, and could read their books then maybe she would have known that it was that she spoke of. Anu had grown and lived her early years among a secluded family pack that believed in a peaceful and earth bound existence. They worshiped the Sun, tilled the soil and found each thing about nature beautiful. Stories came from the world around them, not from books. But Anu was ever curious, and spoke her eagerness to understand, "I'd like that." She could believe that this female was an experienced story teller, and would like to be in her company again.

But perhaps she was right, and it was time to move along. Her intentions for this day she hazy, the Dreamer forgetting what it was that brought her out into unclaimed lands. She nodded though, finding that the Sun was moving in the sky and it was time for her to venture home. The chill in the air made her hope for her own shelter, just as Lucia searched for. "Good luck." Anu said with deep sincerity. She hoped the best for the lone wolfess. A wanderer was never settled, and thus in her eyes, never truly happy. The Dreamer wolf hoped that the dark she-wolf would find what she was looking for, and find her happiness.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]