Bravery or just stupidity
[html]

OOC: wow this is my longest post yet!

WC: 756

He was on a mission, now that he’d found a place to call home it was time to figure out what he would do with the time he had and how he could contribute to the pack. That was an easy answer, he’d always had a passion for falconry, and he learned a lot about it when he read some books about it from an abandoned library, most of the books were gone but he’d found some that interested him a few that had something to do with training wild birds, as well as raising birds, right now since breeding season was just starting he wasn’t going to be climbing any cliffs to look at eagle nests so the eagles could move further away. Right now he was gathering materials for a bird cage, one fit for a falcon hawk or even eagle, he wasn’t sure what did live around here, but he was sure there’d be some hungry birds ready to be caught. He found some really old wire mesh in the stables, and was going to use that but he’d need some wood and rope, of coarse the wood was everywhere, but the rope was going to be the harder thing to get, he decided going for the easier item before thinking about going for rope, he was afraid he might have to make some, and if that was the case it would be hopeless. He set out to look for a sturdy tree carrying an axe he’d found in the stables as well, he was sure it did belong to someone… but he was only borrowing it. He only needed a few trees to get it done, it would be hard but doing things by scratch had fascinated him, he wasn’t a great craftsman, more of an average one, but he could easily make something sturdy enough to use. A bird cage was no different.

The climb to where he could cut down some really nice trees would be pretty dangerous that must have been a reason why he didn’t tell his sister where he was going. He knew it would be easier to toss the wood he’d collected from the cliff when he found what he was looking for, and then climb down and hope there wasn’t too much damage done from the fall, that he would have to deal with when the obstacle came. He started his ascent and soon found it fun, with the axe in his mouth he maneuvered himself along the wall like a four legged spider gradually climbing up a huge wall. He sat down panting when he got to the top, that taxed him already, and he didn’t think about how tiring it would be to get up the cliff. But in the process he did find an eagle nest, he didn’t dare try to go near it, he’d check in a week, it was an eagles nest from his own observations of the feathers and bones of dead prey but his first mission was making the cage to keep them in for now. He sat looking down over the edge of the cliff, wondering how the heck he was going to get back down again. Maybe he should have brought his sister with him. She might have disagreed though and he was determined to do this. What about one of the other pack members? Bah why did he think of it now? He was sure one of them would have helped him. Even if just to help him down, well that was another thing to worry about when he got to it. He got up and started towards the beautiful forest ahead of him, picking a tree was not going to be easy many of them were old and huge, he didn’t need a tree too big, it would be such a waste of wood. Half an hour of looking and he’d found a tree and started cutting it, it was big but not too big for him to drag on his own. He hit the tree with countless cracks before it fell to the forest floor. He panted and sat down, it was a lot of work doing this he realized, was he up to another tree? Not now, he told himself looking at the tree he’d cut down, he’d get this one to the edge of the cliff where he’d climb down, that way he wouldn’t have to worry about two trees at once. But for now it was definitely time to rest.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
[html]

WC 600
Apologies, I was a little uncertain of how to respond. I hope this is alright? Smile

Lucia had been many places as of late – new to the land, yet beginning to understand and remember the paths to each section she had visited. As such, she was in the mindset of discovering whether leaving her traveling days behind was an option – there were many clans here, many different personalities working together to create harmonious living conditions and a way for everyone to get along, yet deep inside, she was unsure of if that lifestyle was anything remotely close to what she was searching for – danger was a rush for her, and though she had often tried to avoid it, it usually found her. For some reason, she fared today would be no different – whether it was the company she would find or the circumstances she walked into – either way, her life was a roller coaster, and it showed no signs of slowing down.

Treading quietly, currently feeling more secure on two legs rather than her usual four, the obsidian female soon realized that from being so wrapped up in her thoughts about her life, her future, that she had stepped into a land which belonged to one of the many packs she had been considering. Weary of going further, rumors and memories of how many had died doing such a thing – trespassing that is – she slowed her paces and lifted her auds atop her crown. Listening carefully, there was a definite whisper of movement ahead. The scent, however, seemed unreadable, though she was pretty sure that it was not an alpha whom she had stumbled upon. Edging forward, the female soon caught glimpse of a male – an axe in one hand, and a fallen tree nearby. Curious, she pressed on, her maw parting for one simple word, hoping her tone seemed not too threatening, or perhaps even intimidating.
“Hello.”

She had found it difficult to make friends these days – everyone seemed so uptight and nervous; perhaps it was the war? She assumed as much, and as she played no part in it as of the moment, she let it pass on by like a leaf in the wind. Sliding down to the ground, the female rested with her back against the base of a seemingly old tree, the bark pressing into her spine as she stretched out her legs and pulled a cigarette from a green rucksack which lay slung around her left shoulder. Lighting it, she inhaled the smoke deeply; enjoying the taste as it danced on her tongue as though like chocolate to a comfort eater in despair. Exhaling, a small foggy halo forming around her crown, she signaled to the stranger – his aura nonthreatening and, even friendly it seemed.
“Cigarette?”

The offer was genuine, she had plenty of them. Though part of her doubted this male smoked anyway. He seemed too... innocent. Experiences, however, had taught never to assume – for that always caused problems, and as such, Lucia's guard remained up; her eyes watching the male carefully. “What are you doing up here?” she inquired, hand pointing toward the fallen tree, “Are you a woodsman?” She smiled, dragging another poisonous inhale from her cigarette and allowing her body to slump even more so against the base of the tree. This land was pretty, though if all seemed like this male, she doubted very much that she would ever fit in here. It seemed too peaceful, too quiet – too relaxed. She always enjoyed a bit of adrenaline, and she had already decided it was unlikely to be found here.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 421

He nearly jumped out of his fur when he heard the hello and held the axe up defensively, of coarse he didn’t know how to use weapons, but he wasn’t too much better with his own claws either, he’d been good enough to survive and keep his sister safe before he’d come here. The stranger leaning on the tree was definitely not from the pack, he could tell, he’d noticed they all had a sort of similar smell to them, and they were a bit more relaxed than this one. She seemed a bit tense but seemed somewhat relaxed as she puffed on her cigarette,

You gave me a fright, and no, I swell up if I take up any of those.

he said to her offer of the cigarette, it wasn’t a lie, he’d tried one, and he had an allergic reaction to something that was in the smoke, he was lucky Orin was there at the time and she knew what to do. He set the axe head on the ground and leaned on the handle, he looked toward the tree he’d cut down and back to the newcomer, he shook his head.

Afraid not, I’m just getting some wood to make a cage for birds, although I do like working with my hands.

He said, a slight smile ran across his muzzle at the thought of a finished product, he never usually got anything done because his sister would have some wild idea for what he was making and turn it into something else, or have him help her chase some wild fantasy. This was definitely going to be made though, if he was going to be a part of the pack he knew he’d have to contribute, even in a small sort of way for now

I’m more of a hawker or falconer of sorts,

He said, he felt old saying such things of course he wasn’t all that old but he’d seen so many things and the reading his sister had him listen to made him feel he grew up almost too fast, he wondered if where he had lived did have a pack like this one, if he would still be acting like a pup.

You don’t seem to be from around her though, What’s your name?

He asked tilting his head, he didn’t know it but that did show his age, he looked like his eleven month self just a pup new to the world of the things around him still,

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
[html]

WC 551.

Emerald eyes narrowed; hackles rose defensively, as the axe seemed to tighten in the stranger's hand. A small growl rumbled in her throat, not meant to cause alarm, but merely a reaction to the sight of the axe. However, her body soon fell back into its casual state; this male clearly not wanting to harm her, but just in shock. Relieved, Lucia's auds twitched as he spoke, her lips curling into a smile and her cigarettes placed back in her bag.
“Fair enough,” the words were clear, crisp – devoid of all emotion; after all, what could she say to someone who was allergic to her biggest vice? In all honesty, she had never thought such a thing could exist – but then again, this entire place seemed warped. Everyone had secrets, mysteries; everyone was different here, and strangely enough, she could handle that... just about.

“Shame really – they make a good vice these days,” her words were sharp, though deep down there was a hidden meaning to her words. Perhaps it was the mental struggle, or perhaps it was just the indecisive nature she possessed – how hard could it be to choose a pack? The answer was simple... it was annoying difficult. A traveler for so long, the transition would be hard – and yet, in some far away piece of her mind, she had already made her mind up. It was just a matter of time really; she would make her move when the pawns were in place, and for the moment, well... she would just mingle.

“Birds, eh?” Lucia replied, curious to understand how one would master falconry. She had read books on the subject, yet had never really tried her hand at it. There would be a time and a place, she figured – yet, perhaps this was that time, place and so forth? Maybe there was no such thing as coincidences here. That thought made her chuckle – everything was coincidental; higher powers, fate, destiny, it was all fake to make their victims follow rules and live a life without free will and fun. She smiled to herself – her opinionated nature was often a burden, however now it made her laugh. Her sweetly feminine chuckle leaving her jaw, no obvious reason for it – just her and an unsuspecting male. “Forgive me,” she finally whispered, in-between laughs, her emerald eyes flashing wildly, “I just had an amusing thought. It's nothing to do with you...”

She smiled at him. She doubted he believed her for one second – after all, she was trespassing.
“What's your favorite bird then?” she asked simply, her face now back to its original expressionless void. The only light in her frame coming from her malachite eyes; they shined brightly, dancing in the myriad of mixed emotions, harboring her secrets like jewels in a mine. “Mine's the crow. Majestic creatures, don't you think?”

Twitching her ebony tail casually, resembling a teenager who perhaps thought they were too cool. She, in fact, was quite the opposite, yet impressions were everything – and nobody likes a paranoid, overly insecure female. That would get her nowhere.
“I'm Lucia --” she finally whispered, watching the male closely, he seemed genuine enough. “What's your name?”

[/html]
[html]

WC:450

At first Niro was put off by the loner, but she seemed harmless, well he couldn’t say that, she didn’t seem like a threat, yeah that was it, he was sure if she wanted to she could win in a fight, he’d only fought his food. He watched as she laughed at herself, and was confused but with her apology shrugged it off, he was sure it was some inside joke of her own thoughts. Upon her first question, he had that answer already, it wasn’t every day he got to talk birds, and to share out loud would be a happy thing indeed.

I would say Golden eagles, I have been looking around to see if I could find any nests, and it seems there’s a few eagles that live on the ledges, I think because of the abundance of seagulls they are happy here.
He chuckled, remembering the day before he’d spotted the golden eagle nest, it was some irony happening here, it was a sign and he knew it, of coarse the hawks would be living in the forest, he’d try catching them before an eagle, he actually wanted to take one of the eggs of the female that would soon be nesting as it was early in mating season for them, he wanted to raise a chick himself, but he wasn’t sure what would come of it, he’d known that it wasn’t an easy task, but something he was willing to do.

Crows can be majestic in their own way, but I think of them as tricksters, they know how to hunt, but they prefer already dead animals, they are very sly creatures, but can be majestic in their way.
Niro said thinking about the crows that hopped around the streets back home, yeah they were everywhere, they knew exactly how to live and the best places to find food, their calls being rather eerie but he could see what Lucia was saying. He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard her name.

My name is Niro Takekuro, it’s a pleasure to meet you

He said smiling, bowing a little to her, she seemed like a likable wolf, although he was new to his pack and was unsure what he should do about her being in their lands, but what could it hurt to talk? She was up here, and they were all down there, if she were threatening, he was sure he’d have time to warn the pack especially this far up, although he wasn’t even sure if there was a hill that was easily near here to get down easier. Thinking of that he felt stupid for climbing the wall.

[html]

WC 319.
Sorry you had to wait so long for my reply.

His manners were surprising. She was yet to meet someone as polite as this male. She nodded toward him, a smile on her maw.
“Likewise,” she simply replied, no tone nor emotion to her voice – she wasn't sure how to feel about this one. As she stared across at him, she admired his colors; the white of his pelt, and the contrasting of his hair. His eyes amazed her, for the shade of green which they were painted seemed similar to her own, if not a little darker and more of the color of ivy. She liked to think of hers like absinthe.

Smiling to herself, she momentarily lost herself in thought. Lucia often became prey to her wild imagination and her vast ability to think for hours on end. She had no idea, however, what she was thinking about. Her mind was blank, but for some reason, it was peaceful. The silence between the two creatures seemed almost euphoric; there was no tension it seemed – or at least none that Lucia could pick up.

Shaking herself down a little, as though a chill had gone up her spine, she returned her attention to the male.
“It appears I am on territory which I shouldn't be,” she smiled again, “Am I right?” She glanced around, wondering if anyone else had picked up her scent on her travels. Maybe the leader of this pack would want her blood spilled. Who knew. “Don't worry, I am not here to cause trouble. I was just being inquisitive. But I understand if you have to inform your pack of my presence...” She paused, almost as though she could read his thoughts – which, of course, she couldn't. It was probably just a hunch. “If you're looking for an easier route down,” her head turned and she signaled behind her. “There's one just past those trees.”

[/html]
[html]
OOC: No worries Big Grin

WC: 343

He was fighting with himself inside, she looked like she was nice enough, but he wasn’t sure what to do with a wolf who was actually trespassing, he was never told, and he never asked in fact, he never thought he would meet an outsider. Once she broke her silence he came to a decision.

Well, I’m rather new here, so as long as you aren’t going to hurt anyone, I’ll say you are a guest if we meet anyone.

He knew he’d take the brunt of the punishment if he was doing anything wrong in inviting guests into the lands, she didn’t seem like she wanted to hurt anyone, or she would have started with him. He was glad for that because he wasn’t the best fighter around, avoided skirmishes kept him alive, but now, he knew if there was a monster after the pack he’d have to fight before they got anywhere near the pups. He looked over where she was pointing and blushed, of course there was an easier way, he never thought of it, and the thought of just climbing the side of the wall seemed rather fun to him, but now that he knew of an easier way he was sure to that that one, but he figured it’d still be a little easier just to toss the trees off the side of the cliff at least he didn’t want to carry them all the way down with him, they were heavy already.

Thank you I appreciate that!

He smiled broadly although slightly embarrassed that Lucia knew his pack lands better than he did. Being as this was one of the few days he started exploring he wasn’t expecting to know it any better than he knew about it now, and any help he got was quite welcoming.

What pack are you from?

He asked, as he shouldered the ax again, he motioned her to walk with him, since he still needed one more tree. He had to find another sturdy tree which wasn’t in short supply here

[html]

WC368.

Her lips pursed; there was some kind of awkward smile upon them now. It seemed fake, and though it wasn't, she could do no better. Learning that he too was new to the land mad her feel a lot more at ease – and though she couldn't place why, it didn't seem to really matter. Perking her auds atop her crown, she nodded politely to the male.
“I don't plan on hurting anyone today,” she replied, fighting the urge to crack some kind of sordid joke. “I only fight when necessary.”

Shifting slightly, as though uncomfortable in her current stance, she let her eyes wander aimlessly, as though trying to piece together everything she had learned over the past few weeks. It had recently occurred to her that this, as nice as the place seemed, would not be the pack she would want to belong to.
“I appreciate that you will cover me on the trespass front,” she continued, eyes still staring off into the distance. “I'd hate to think who I would annoy if it were anyone else that I had bumped into.”

Watching him, she couldn't help but wonder how innocent and naive he actually was. There was a glow about him that screamed out innocence – the kind of innocence which had never touched drugs, alcohol, or anything bad, ever. It was a curious thing, considering Lucia had done many, many bad things in her lifetime so far – and the contract made everything so much more intriguing.

As he signaled for her to walk alongside him, she could not decide if it were a good idea. If someone were to find them, and if they did not like his guest policy, the pair of them could get into a lot of trouble – alas, that alone made her scales shift. That beastly thing called adrenaline rushed through her veins, and she began to pace with him. Her steps in unison, and her eyes keenly scanning the horizon.
“I am of no pack,” she whispered, a hint of distaste in her mouth. “I am yet to find a place to call home. I guess I just like to wander...”

[/html]
[html]

WC: 346

Again her words were good to his ears, he was in no position to fight… well he was but that was beside the point. He just didn’t want to, and hated being mean, but if it came to that he knew he could.

Some people need a little niceness now and again, I find myself a very nice wolf, I just hate conflict.

He said remembering his days back in florida, he shook his head of the memory, this is his fresh start, he didn’t have to worry about that place again. This was the here and now and he was proud to be who he was here.

I have met a few that might not like you trespassing but they are not near here right now, I have noticed no one comes up around here much but to hunt, so let’s hope there’s no hunting party

He said and began walking, hoping she would follow him, he wanted friends for he knew that Orin would decide to jump off to some other adventure it would be nice to know he’d have some outside the pack. Her last words hurt him just thinking about it.

I’m sure that you will find that perfect pack someday. I waited most of my pup year before I came here and settled in.

He didn’t mention the fact that his sister dragged him here, he wasn’t too reluctant it was a good thing to get away from the chaos of it all, but she was chasing after a dream, one that was actually real although not entirely so but a real dream had actually come true. He kept his eyes peeled for a good sturdy tree.

Until then I do wish you the best, it’s a hard world.

He said, he felt older than he actually was saying that. not to mention she was sure to already know that. Then he spotted what he was looking for a tree almost exactly like the one he’d cut down.

This is a nice one don’t you think?

He said smiling, up at the tree. He rubbed his hands together and started chopping.

<style>
.niro-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.niro-b02 b {color:#FEA300;}
.niro-b02 {background-color:#030400; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/niro2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 325px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7B8641; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.niro-b02-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.niro-b02-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F6BF2E; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC 335.

His words made sense really. It wasn't very often that Lucia found anyone who shared her unique love for fighting and violence. Though she wasn't a cruel being, nor did she openly flash her addiction, she did often search for a fight as the rush it gave her was often better than any high she could get from drugs, alcohol, or even sex. That, in a way, was dangerous – but it didn't concern her. She just went with the flow, and for now, in the presence of this male, she would pretend. She would fabricate her truths.

“Conflict is tedious,”
she mustered quietly, unable to think of anything better to say. She never did like to lie, but it occurred to her that if she did perhaps tell him her real views on fighting, he would not hang around long enough to understand it. She would probably have the entire pack at her heels; and that, as interesting as it would be, seemed like a bad idea for the time being. Licking her lips, her emerald coals still fixed over the horizon, Lucia listened intently to the words of her companion. He seemed so innocent, it was surreal. It was something she would definitely have to remedy with him if they ever crossed paths again.

“It's a relatively good tree,”
she agreed, her paces slightly slower than his as she kept a few feet behind him. In her mind it seemed better to be seen as a lesser being, than an equal. For equals are more likely to be challenged, and though she fancied her odds, today was not a day for blood to be spilled. “Chop away,” she whispered softly, watching him begin to loosen the tree from its roots. It would be a curious fall; the direction in which it would go could not be determined. If it fell on her, she would laugh – but merely because it would be ironic. Or at least, in her mind anyway.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 468

Niro’s ears twitched at her words. There seemed to be some hesitation to the words but he didn’t put much into them. He was happy that she seemed to think that he made a good pick, at least that’s what he thought. It was hard to tell what a wolf was feeling when they said it here, in the south he knew that if someone was being sarcastic they’d be spitting it all over him. He didn’t let it worry him though, the words just let him hack away at the tree. It was small enough to where when it would fall he could push it in the direction he wanted it to go. And as soon as he heard the inevitable creaking of the tree, he pushed it away from him and his companion. It fell with a thunk, nothing spectacular as it was a small tree. He expected little else having to done it’s almost twin not too long ago. These would definitely shape out to be good wood for his cage. Too much work though.

I rather let my anger go in something productive, although it might not turn out the way I would dream it would if I were in a rage.

He said remembering the last project he’d worked on when his sister angered him. It was a whittled piece of wood he’d found before they moved here, he wasn’t sure what he was making but an angry grizzly bear thing wasn’t one of them. He was no artist, so it looked like a blob , but he stuck it in the ground when they left for the irony of telling wolves someone lived there, which was a pretty bad idea for any wolf. But of course no one lived there and they’d have tried to plunder their own anger out on something when they went in there. Oh what Niro wouldn’t have given to see that. He shook himself back to reality, and smiled at Lucia.

Well I guess I am just one of those weird wolves who hates the sight of blood.

He laughed, but he was not telling it as a whole. He loved blood, and he did love the hunt, he’d learned how to hunt from watching his parents up till he was six months old, then he had to start hunting on his own. Maybe that’s why he was so interested in the birds, he could hunt with him… he had always hunted alone, and never with another wolf, he’d be unsure, but the hawks, falcons and eagles wouldn’t give him a second question, maybe a few unhappy glances but other than that they would do what he told them. He chided himself to stop thinking far off into the distance, he was becoming like his sister.

<style>
.niro-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.niro-b02 b {color:#FEA300;}
.niro-b02 {background-color:#030400; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/niro2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 325px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7B8641; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.niro-b02-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.niro-b02-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F6BF2E; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC 535.

The tree fell, hitting the ground with a rough thud. As small cloud of dirt shot up from the slumbering bark, hovering momentarily around their heads before dissipating into the atmosphere, and back to the ground. Staring at the small sapling, it appeared that this one remained a little smaller than the one she had caught Niro with only moments before. It made sense really – the size s of the trees – they were relatively good wood, growing in a decent environment. They would definitely aid toward a decent birdcage. There was no doubt about that, none whatsoever.

Lost in thought, Lucia almost failed to capture the words of her companion. Thankfully, her auds twitched as the sound waves rattled against her drums; it awoke her back to reality, and she quickly covered up the fact she had momentarily been off the planet. There was no way he would know.
“Production is good,” she replied simply, a blank tone and her eyes slowly traveling off the seedling and onto the male. She watched him carefully, studying – she wanted to know him inside-out, she wanted to see what made him tick. Curiosity was a pain – except when it killed that feline, of course. “What have you made whilst angry then?” She questioned him, feeding her inquisitive mind as though a chicken to seed. It never stopped devouring. She smiled to herself, but only for a second or two. For some reason she was amused by him – he seemed too sweet to be true. The idea of him angry seemed nigh impossible. All she could picture was a ball of fluff, running around in circles – the occasional yell of 'gr', and perhaps a seriously bad speed trip. It made her chuckle.

As she chuckled, a smile rose to the male's mouth. She returned the gesture – not wanting to make him think that she was being rude or disrespectful in any way. Her mind just had a mind of its own. That was the way it had always been, and she had no complaints about it either way; it kept her entertained. Flicking her tail behind her as she shifted her paws across the dirt, as though impatient to move along from the fallen tree – the stump glaring at her almost as though it had a life of its own. She could imagine it swearing at her, or perhaps crying. After all, it had just been beheaded... technically.

“You hate the sight of blood?”
There was shock in her voice. She didn't know what to make of it. With her own personality being the complete opposite, it was strange to consider that any creature could hate blood. “Is that why you want to train birds?” The question was blunt, there was no point sugarcoating her concern. It seemed unnatural to dislike blood; it was a crazy idea. “So you don't have to see the blood? ...That's the best part!Her words trailed off. There was a strange grin on her face; her mind dancing off in the world of dismemberment. Her pulse raced and the blood flowed. Oh, how she loved the thrill of the hunt.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 629

Niro thought about the first thing he really did when he got angry and smiled because in a way it was a proud moment that his father taught him.

Well the first time I had gotten so angry I wanted to rip something apart… my mother decided it wasn’t right for a wolf to be so interested in birds and made me stop climbing trees… my dad took me out and gave me a stick, the told me that if I got angry that instead of taking it out on some one I need to let my anger out on something. He gave me a stick, and well I turned it into a toothpick. He was shocked at how upset I was to let that stick go so small.

His eyes glazed over at the memory, that was a memory he’d wanted to keep with him forever. The look on his father’s face was surely priceless. Although without his father near it was saddening, but he didn’t let that show.

And a few wolves had gotten me angry when they attacked my sister… I did chase them away, but later I found myself making a spear without realizing it… I have made maybe six spears because of the wolves where we lived… then before we left, my sister angered me and I made a bear thing, well it looked like a blob, but I’m not much of an artist. It’s good not to have that anger inside me.

He said thinking about how he’d focused it all on what he did, there was once where he made a box when his dad angered him, but he wasn’t proud of it because it was called his box of hate… he’d carved words that were his father to have found it, would have been disappointed in what he’d seen. He picked the end of the tree up, and pulled it along the ground, knowing she’d followed, he could see her curiosity, and interest, although why be interested in him?

Well… I can’t say I HATE blood, and no… the birds are trackers, they can’t kill anything bigger than themselves. I love the hunt, it is empowering, and necessary, I… just don’t like spilling unnecessary blood.

He said, hoping it would be a little more accurate for her to understand. He pulled the tree down further closer to the first one he’d cut, it was slow because the twigs would snag, and it’d stall him, but it would be one less that he had to worry about when he had to shave the limbs off. Without her noticing he’d been observing her as well, how could he not, he never really trusted a wolf, even though he acted like it. He’d played tactical parts when he was in the south, he would play stupid, but kept his eyes open, watching, he learned a lot by body actions and such. What he had seen of her, seemed erratic enough that it somewhat confused him. She had the love of unhealthy habits, but who didn’t? She seemed so amazed about his ideals about fighting and anger that he knew she wouldn’t mind jumping in a fight no matter what, if she killed someone it probably wouldn’t cross her mind unless who she killed was close to her, then again, diving THAT deep into a thought without knowing someone further was just asking for trouble so he kept to the thought that if she killed she would just call it a casualty. He was curious enough about her, but while she asked the questions he supplied the answers, his questions were already in some ways being answered, although he was sure he should ask something soon enough, just so he wasn’t being rude, right now.

WC: 655.
Sorry for the wait. :]

-----

His words floated through the air as carelessly as a bee would travel amongst flowers. They polluted her mind like a distant plague, grating against her eardrums and causing her brain to fold in on itself. She had little care for this male’s past – in all honesty – however, politeness and etiquette were things she prided herself on, and she wasn’t about to let that slip now, even if the conversation bore her from the inside-out. Nodding quietly, she acknowledged his words and smiled – she wanted to show her consideration for his words, and the caring side of her; however, she figured that he would probably view her expression as more of a twisted grimace; perhaps shock-horror, or perhaps just plain ignorance. She would see.

“Harsh,” she growled finally, the image of this male holding a toothpick skipping across her mental imagery. His words had fallen across a dark cloud – speaking of a memory which clearly disturbed him, that glaze in his eyes said it all. “I’m sure that your bear looked fine.” That was all she could think to say; there wasn’t much else in the way of comfort. She couldn’t really relate to the situation – she had no siblings, she had no family. Once she had a family, but that was a long, long time ago and those were memories best left to rot. She had no care to dig up anything to do with that side of her life. It was the past, and that would remain just that.

Finally, the conversation skipped onto another subject; something Lucia was definitely more grateful for. She was an expert on the matter at hand. Blood, though it was not a desired trait, was one of her fields of knowledge – she was a soldier at heart, and that was going to be always the way. She prided herself on her warrior skills and hoped one day to put them to good use – yet, the matter of finding a place to settle down was a difficult one. She didn’t feel like she fitted in anywhere, and until someone came to her with open arms, she figured it was best to be alone; or at least, not a member of a pack. “Blood,” she rasped, her words momentarily caught in her throat – probably from the smoking; she would probably develop a cough sometime soon. It would not surprise her. “—Blood is the way of life. Without it, things cannot survive. With it, we can kill.” Her eyes lit up; the beautiful images of the murders she had committed, and the prey she had hunted. They made her smile, they made her happy. She was a hunter – a killer – and she would probably exercise this skill again soon enough.

“All spilling of blood is necessary in one way or another,” she argued his point with grace. There was wisdom in her voice; she definitely knew what she was talking about. “Whether it’s survival or ridding the world of an annoying counterpart – or perhaps just for food,” she paused, a calm smile on her maw. “The spilling of blood is always a requirement. Nobody can run from it...”

Watching him pull the tree, she was amused. He had strength, but the tree was still heavier than him. The thought crossed her mind to help out, but she decided against it. It wasn’t her battle – canine versus tree – why would she get involved? Smiling, she strolled beside him, eyes fixed atop the tree which twinned the one he pulled. He seemed to be thinking, but it wasn’t really her concern what about. It crossed her mind, like paranoia does, that he was thinking about her and her strange habits and views on the world, but it soon passed. She coughed slightly, phlegm building in the back of her throat; there was the musk of tobacco on her tongue. “So tell me,” she breathed, “is there anything you want to know?”
[html]

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... /Niro2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:60px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; line-height:13px; ">

WC: 343

OOC: don’t worry about it Big Grin

He knew he could talk but he didn’t know he was that boring that she looked like she was about to lay down and throw up. She was a different wolf that was for sure. He never met anyone like her, he wasn’t sure how much he liked it, but he kept quiet about it. When he changed the subject she seemed rather interested in it. To love the sight of blood that much was rather… worrisome for him. He thought as he pulled the tree slowly to the cliff, remembering what he’d seen in the streets of florida. Where innocent children were killed, and left to die or someone watched just for the pleasure of seeing the pain. Niro saw a lot of that, maybe Lucia never knew ab out that kind of stuff happening.

There are some instances… where blood is spilled for no reason… I’ve seen wolves who ripped a child to shreds for the pleasure… didn’t eat it didn’t use the fur or bones… and the kid was standing there.

That was the worst thing he’d ever seen in his life, and he never wanted to se again. He stared at Lucia to see her reaction to that. She seemed s at home in violence, enjoying a fight or two, that she probably wouldn’t’ think much of it. Did that mean he was just a weak wolf? If he was then should he change? He wasn’t sure he could change to be someone like that. This wolf certainly made him think,

Well you don’t have a pack, so is there a place you call home? Or do you just wander with no home?

He asked, curious, wanting to get away from the whole killing conversation. He remembered he and his sister had to keep moving from place to place because it wasn’t safe… did Lucia have to do the same or was there lands that weren’t claimed? He’d yet to visit anywhere beyond Cour des Miracles, since he’d been protecting his sister, at least keeping her out of trouble.

[/html]
WC: 334.

-----

His silence was intriguing. It was almost as though she could hear his brain ticking away with thoughts – were they about her? It wouldn’t surprise her. She was a thought-provoking individual. Or that has what she had been told. Glancing up at her companion, she smiled blankly - his tongue began to fold in his mouth, and his words entered the atmosphere. She was almost thankful for it – she didn’t particularly like awkward silences; they triggered her insecurities. However, the subject at hand was significantly not what she had expected – clear disturbance in his voice, an overload of emotion. He was so innocent, it was unbelievable.

“Fair enough,” she grunted - her face blank and solid. There was little emotion to be displayed for the subject; she had seen, and felt, worse. It was like living one of her memories, thus she would rather just change the subject altogether. Blood was a great topic – but abuse, it was a fear that she would not allow to swallow her.

“I don’t have a pack because I feel I don’t fit in anywhere,” she admitted, her eyes shifting over the male and taking in the different shades of his pelt. His eyes seemed so deeply coloured – it was hypnotising. “I have looked around....” she signalled to herself, and her surroundings, ...Obviously... She smiled, trying to hold back on the sarcasm in her tone. “But the one pack I feel I would fit into, I would not be allowed to join... I’m a wolf, remember?” She was referring to Inferni – she was referring to Snake. She missed him. “When you making your bird cage then?” She was never one for sentimental value – another subject change. Would he notice that? Probably. But it didn’t matter, she doubted she would see him after today, thus subjects would come and go – it just passed time. He would be a ghost before the month was up. That was always the way around here, and she didn’t see it changing anytime soon.
[html]

WC:321

OOC:If you want we can get this wrapped up pretty soon ^^

Niro was quite glad to get onto another subject. He felt bad for her, not fitting in with any pack, maybe some wolves just weren’t meant to be in a pack, he contemplated telling her that as he pulled the tree to its final destination. They’d reached the cliff with the other tree awaited him.

Well… maybe you don’t really belong in a pack at all, I mean you’re nice enough for a wolf but not all wolves are meant to to be in a pack

He said hoping the way he worded his words were right, he hated his inability to socialize well with others to not sound rude. He dropped the tree he was pulling and then moved to the first tree, he pulled it so that half of it was on one side of the cliff and the other was just over it, then he tilted it and pushed, hoping it got enough momentum to miss the cliff walls and fall to the sandy beach below. He pulled the second tree up to the cliff, on a different location though, it wouldn’t do if he had the trees fall on each other and get damaged more than the fall would cause, he did the same with the second tree as he did with the first, he could hear the thud as it fell to the sandy beach below. Then he looked at Lucia smiling a little, glad for the company even though it wasn’t his best company he had.

Now, pretty much well, I’ll really get started tomorrow, I’ve got all the time on my hands. Not much more to do but hunt

he said, smiling at her. He knew she changed the subject, but if she didn’t feel comfortable answering him he could understand, it was hard not fitting in. he didn’t when he was in florida…

so where’s this easy way you were talking about?

WC: 352.
Upto you - I've left this open for you to decide when we close it. Can either close it now, or wait a few more posts :]

-----

His words spurred her mind to kick-start into overdrive. She couldn’t help but ponder on the idea of not belonging to any pack; was that possible? It seemed likely, as she had always spent her life alone – travelling from one place to another, being used by one person or another. It never seemed to change. However, with the recent discovery of Snake along the Quart’s Shoreline, she was certain that her destiny had changed. She was sure that he was a symbol of a better life, of a better way to live – and even though she still smoked and drank her life away, it gave her somebody to turn to, somebody to go home to. Well, technically no. Where was home? She didn’t have one – he did. But she wasn’t welcome. She was a wolf, a purebred and they didn’t approve. Coyotes were stubborn creatures, and that was that. There was nothing she could do, and nothing she would do – it would resolve itself eventually and for now she would hunt for a home, she would hunt for her place in the world.

“You could be right,” she replied, distaste on her tongue for the thoughts he had provoked in her. It sparked mild depression, but it didn’t show. Her face blank, and her eyes fixed firmly on his gaze. It was easier that way. “But who knows. I’ll just keep looking.” It was best to remain positive – it seemed that Niro was that type of male, and so she would return the favour. She would bounce off his emotions as it would keep the peace.

Extending her arm she pointed toward the brush line. The thinning shrubberies and scattered trees opening out like a mouth, into territory which was definitely not where she should go. That would cause more issues, and that was something she didn’t want. Perhaps it was time for her to go. “It’s there,” she growled softly, eyes travelling to the point of her digits, and staring. She knew if he stepped forward, she would leave. It was better for the both of them. “Are you leaving now?”
[html]

It seemed he’d hit a nerve with her when he mentioned she might not belong to a pack, he could tell it in her voice but her face was passive, he hoped he didn’t hurt her in anyway, but then again… he’d feel horrible if he was told that he wouldn’t be good enough for a pack, and inside he screamed at himself telling himself he was a stupid wolf for blurting such a thing out.

Well… I don’t think you’re one of them honestly, just keep looking. I did and I found myself here, and this is where I belong.

He sighed feeling his words weren’t good enough to have even come out, he shook his head sadly, and looked at where Lucia was pointing. He nodded at her question.

Yes I have to make sure the wood doesn’t get soaked by the water, it needs to keep dry so it doesn’t rot, if it is any consolation, you are a good wolf, you’d probably would make cour a good pack member if you really wanted to,

He said smiling a little, this was the truth, he’d seen she wasn’t exactly like he was, but who was? Just him, and because she seemed to enjoy fighting, that didn’t stop a person from belonging, he gave Lucia a nod and trotted off heading for the open field that would take him back to the beach