Everything has changed...
Prayers could not be heard for her at this point in time. Her cries of agony, depression, anger and whatever negative emotion she had that was a result after her struggle from the night before. Angel wondered if anyone else had heard about what had happened last night. Her blackened frame stood atop of a large rock that over looked a one hundred foot drop down a cliff. Some would not be able to tell her intentions for being atop the rock but she was here overlooking the scenery and rethinking on her memories from last night. She wanted to know how he had found her, but he had died before she could ever get the chance. She held her hand on her chin while staying in a crouched position as she overlooked the cliffside.

Last night she had been raped. Brutus, her ex mate that had tried to force breed her before from her other pack had finally tracked her down and claimed her for his own. Two wolves, Pendez and Ty had come and killed him for her. It was highly possible that she could become impregnated. There was a lesser chance that she would miscarriage but one never knew. As the wind blew past her hair, it would look as if she would be trying to jump when she stood, but it would be hard to tell unless one asked.
[html]

The white-furred wolfess was wandering the packlands alone for the first time in a while. The children were asleep; they were old enough to take care of themselves now. Besides, she hadn't meant to be out for long in the early morning, as a chill hung in the air that she did not wish to experience for too much time. Lately Xeris had been staying in the cabin more often, watching over the children, trying to convince herself that they were growing up and would be able to fend for themselves. She supposed that was just part of a mother's life, watching her young ones mature.

As she approached a cliffside, Xeris' golden eyes suddenly fell upon a figure sitting near the edge. She vaguely recognized this wolfess--it was Angel, someone she hadn't seen in a while. Perhaps now would be a time to catch up with her old friend. But as Xeris approached her packmate, she soon realized that something was wrong. Angel looked sad--no, beyond that. What could possibly be going on? Keeping a respectful distance away, Xeris called out to the other, "Angel?" She paused. "What's the matter?"
[/html]
Angel was too spaced out to even notice the new comer. Angels saddened look remained on her face as she looked about and then nearly jumped after seeing Xeris. A fake smile rose on her lips as she came down from her rock. Her injuries were soon clear. The cut on her head had been sewn shut and the others from her arms and legs were also covered in small dark brown bandages. It was obvious she was trying to look strong still.

"Hi Xeris. It has been a while. Nothing is wrong. Not really..."

Angel lied as she tried to remain strong. The fight and events from last night were still clear in her mind. She stood in a position to try and show her body language to fake her current emotions. Though she was not doing a very good job of it and figured Xeris would question her however.
[html]

ooc: oh wow, sorry for taking so long. I've been busy.

Angel turned around and a look of shock crossed Xeris' face. The other wolfess was injured. What had happened? Had it been a coyote? Had Angel gotten herself involved in the war? No...Phoenix Valley had pledged to stay out of the war. "Y-you don't look okay to me!" Xeris said, surprised. "What happened? Do you need me to help you with anything?" She was naturally concerned for her friend, but also worried that she couldn't do anything in particular that would be helpful. She knew very little about medicine and healing, nor could she fight well.

But for now she waited for the other wolfess' response, and as she did so she had a sudden flashback. It had been several months ago, when Xeris herself, her sense of smell marred by rain, had accidentally crossed the border into Inferni territory in the Dampwoods. She shuddered a bit, recalling the fearsome one-eyed coyote--Kaena--who had attacked her that day. From then on she had been extremely wary, and she certainly didn't want something similar to happen to anyone else that she knew.
[/html]
OOC: Tis okay Smile Wanna keep it going and get it finished so that way I can do a puppy request and get them adopted out.

IC:

Angel shivered a little as she sat back down on the rock still visibly shaken by what had happened to her the night before. Finally she began to sob into her hands. "I .. I was raped last night. Attacked and forcibly raped! My ex-mate after three years of not seeing him hunted me down and tried to kill me. Had it not been for Pendez and Ty... I don't know! How could I let myself become so weak?" she sobbed loudly for only a couple moments before forcing it back down. She hated crying like this. It was not something she enjoyed too well for the most part. She wanted to be strong for others but how could she be strong if she was not strong for herself?

Angel soon wiped the tears and smiled once more, or at least forced it, to make her look like she was trying to feel better when inside she knew she felt dirtied, torn apart, soiled and other things that made her feel ugly. At least the one who had committed it had been killed by Pendez. She couldn't remember anything else that happened and that was what saddened her the most.
[html]

Xeris stood and listened in shock as Angel described what had happened. How could this have taken place? An intruder had invaded the Valley borders and caused this much trouble. A wave of rage flowed through her body suddenly, only to be soon overtaken by pity and sorrow. She sat down on the rocks beside the other female, hoping that her presence there would help. It pained her to see her packmate in such a state.

And Pendzez had killed the offender? Xeris was slightly perplexed; her mate hadn't mentioned this to her at all. Perhaps he had withheld this to protect Angel. But that wasn't the relevant issue right now. The white-furred woman looked at her friend and spoke. "But you aren't weak," she said. "You're still here. You haven't given up, even after suffering." A small smile came to Xeris' face as she did her best to encourage her friend. "And you have your family here in Phoenix Valley. As a group, we'll keep each other strong, and we'll get through this." At the moment, Xeris felt that encouraging words were all that she could offer. "Maybe you should tell Jefferson or Geneva." A conversation with one of the leaders about this wouldn't necessarily be pleasant, but perhaps it was necessary.
[/html]
Angel sighed heavily and looked to the ground as she re-collected herself. "I should shouldn't I. I am worried however that since I didn't bring up the fact Brutus may find me to Jefferson that he would be upset with me. Originally I thought Brutus was gone for good, but I never should have underestimated him. That was always how he beat me into submission.. like last night. I let my guard down and thus this happened to me. I should get the two of them together then." she spoke as she closed her eyes and sighed again. Time to grow and move on Angel, she thought to herself. Her encouraging words were enough to give Angel strength from Xeris and she smiled to her. "I thank you Xeris. You have been a better friend than I could ever imagine and I appreciate it. Indeed Phoenix is my family and friends tied in together as one." Xeris was right. Had Angel given up she would not be here and Brutus would have claimed her life like he had claimed her body. Not her soul luckily. She had kept that and fought for it in the least.
[html]

slow silver is slow again, sorry...and short post is short too. maybe we can wrap this thread up soon?

Xeris listened as Angel spoke, and suddenly became aware of a similarity in their situations, which she was quick to point out. "Jefferson will understand," she assured. "Last year, I was attacked by a coyote from Inferni because I accidentally trespassed on their borders. I didn't know what Jefferson would think when he found out, but I told him and he understood that it was a mistake." The white wolfess hoped that her words would be enough to encourage her friend. It was probably very important for the leaders to hear about such a thing, if only because they could provide guidance and knowledge on how to handle the situation.

A smile crossed Xeris' scarred face at Angel's words. It made her happy to know that she made others happy. It always had. "You're welcome," she replied. "And if you ever need to talk about something, you can always find me."
[/html]
Angel nodded as she listened to Xeris's story. So Jefferson sounded like a good man to talk to then. She felt terrible though for not telling him this threat earlier. "But the thread of Brutus was obvious to me and before Brutus came into the pack lands I knew he was coming. I didn't think that he would come into the lands otherwise I would have told Jefferson before this happened to have it prevented. That is what I feel he might become upset about." Angel gave a shrug as she leaned on her legs and looked to Xeris from the side. "I feel like I failed in that responsibility and thus I put the pack in partial danger because of him. Heh. Some pack member am I huh?" Angel was sarcastic with this but at least it was over for her. She closed her eyes as she could see the vague memory of Brutus slipping into the black now.

((Just so you know, we changed it from Pendez to Ty killing Brutus because Pendez had to go away for a bit I guess and we wanted to finish it up or get to the point where we could.))